PDA

View Full Version : Signature Steph Curry Moments

cmellofan15
10-05-2018, 08:48 PM
The moment that burns in my memory was when I first realized what Steph was about to become. Game 4 of the Nuggets-Warriors series in 2013. 57 win team & I thought our young core with vets Andre Miller and Iggy were gonna get us an easy first round win against the 6 seed Warriors.

Nope.

Down 2-1 in the series and we're fighting for life when Steph Curry all of the sudden goes ape **** in Game 4 (I believe he twisted his ankle in the process), giving us a preview of the back to back mvp seasons that are coming. That game still haunts me to this day.

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2GCwkTd38

: )

IKnowHoops
10-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Regular season against Durant OKC when he pulled up from 40 for the win. Was so disgusting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMVGHoenXM

IKnowHoops
10-05-2018, 09:15 PM

Stephs body language after every block is hilarious. Just looks like heís gettin bullied.

tredigs
10-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Regular season against Durant OKC when he pulled up from 40 for the win. Was so disgusting.

His 12th 3 that game :laugh:

Too many to count, here's some:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_DfN3Jm-U

tredigs
10-05-2018, 10:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS048I-V8M

Allphakenny1
10-05-2018, 11:24 PM
It is hard to pick one, but I would go with a playoff game against the Pelicans. Curry has a chance to tie the game with a last second 3 and misses. I believe it was Speights (do not quote me on that) who gets the rebound and kicks it out to curry who drains the game tying 3 while being tackled into the front row of fans with no foul call. The Warriors go on to win in OT.

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 11:25 PM
The behind the back pass to Klay that bounced out of bounds

Jamiecballer
10-06-2018, 12:16 AM
The moment that stands out for me was when the Warriors lost the finals with a 73 win team so they, and yes Steph Curry is absolutely included, went out and recruited Durant because they knew they might never get past Lebron again. That one stands out the most.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

tredigs
10-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Lol at the salty *** little haters in here.

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 12:24 AM

lol I will pass : )

WaDe03
10-06-2018, 01:11 AM
The behind the back pass to Klay that bounced out of bounds

Great one brother, and then when he was locked up by Kevin Love on the biggest play of the game after getting lit up by Kyrie. Epic choke job.

Saddletramp
10-06-2018, 03:40 AM
My moment was probably in 2016 when he came back from injury that had kept him out awhile and silenced the crowd in Portland in overtime in a comeback win. ďIím back!Ē That was pretty impressive.*

The moment that burns in my memory was when I first realized what Steph was about to become. Game 4 of the Nuggets-Warriors series in 2013. 57 win team & I thought our young core with vets Andre Miller and Iggy were gonna get us an easy first round win against the 6 seed Warriors.

Nope.

Down 2-1 in the series and we're fighting for life when Steph Curry all of the sudden goes ape **** in Game 4 (I believe he twisted his ankle in the process), giving us a preview of the back to back mvp seasons that are coming. That game still haunts me to this day.

To be fair, Iguadala was telling the Warriors the Nuggets plays. He was upset that Karl told his guys to go hard at Steph because he couldnít handle it. Iguadala turned double agent and signed with the Warriors a few months later. Just a trash move.

*Thatís why it was so weird that people were saying he was still really injured in the Finals when he wasnít playing up to his standard. But talking out of both sides of your *** is just what some people do.

Allphakenny1
10-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Allphakenny1
10-06-2018, 10:47 AM
My moment was probably in 2016 when he came back from injury that had kept him out awhile and silenced the crowd in Portland in overtime in a comeback win. ďIím back!Ē That was pretty impressive.*

To be fair, Iguadala was telling the Warriors the Nuggets plays. He was upset that Karl told his guys to go hard at Steph because he couldnít handle it. Iguadala turned double agent and signed with the Warriors a few months later. Just a trash move.

*Thatís why it was so weird that people were saying he was still really injured in the Finals when he wasnít playing up to his standard. But talking out of both sides of your *** is just what some people do.

To be fair, the story was not that Karl said to go hard at Curry, the accusation was that he was sending players at Curry to take cheap and dirty shots at his ankle and try to intentionally injure him. If that is the case, then props to Iguodala for a classy move.

ewing
10-06-2018, 10:52 AM

I think this is his most memorable play so far.

nastynice
10-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Lmaoo, just what I was thinking 😂😂

mngopher35
10-06-2018, 02:34 PM

I went nuts, oh man how we forget.

This one might be mine too tbh or at least my reaction to it was the craziest.

Heediot
10-06-2018, 04:25 PM
The moment that stands out for me was when the Warriors lost the finals with a 73 win team so they, and yes Steph Curry is absolutely included, went out and recruited Durant because they knew they might never get past Lebron again. That one stands out the most.

As much as I hate the move I don't get the flack on GS. Everyone was chasing and wining and dining him. Everyone with Cap and or potential cap. KD's the one that made the choice. Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, and whatever contender were after him. Pretty sure Cavs would of wanted him that year too. In the NBA when there is a chance at a top fish you try your best to get him and worry about other specifics after.

IF GS was scared of Bron after that finals, I don't know. Not going to claim to know either.

Jamiecballer
10-06-2018, 04:44 PM
As much as I hate the move I don't get the flack on GS. Everyone was chasing and wining and dining him. Everyone with Cap and or potential cap. KD's the one that made the choice. Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, and whatever contender were after him. Pretty sure Cavs would of wanted him that year too. In the NBA when there is a chance at a top fish you try your best to get him and worry about other specifics after.

IF GS was scared of Bron after that finals, I don't know. Not going to claim to know either.I'm just playing devils advocate. I can't comprehend how people can apply it to one side of the equation in a fair and balanced manor and not at all for the other. Everything in your post should be equally true for the player but people just lose their minds. It's like some kind of hard wired caveman mentality.

Heediot
10-06-2018, 04:48 PM
I'm just playing devils advocate. I can't comprehend how people can apply it to one side of the equation in a fair and balanced manor and not at all for the other. Everything in your post should be equally true for the player but people just lose their minds. It's like some kind of hard wired caveman mentality.

KD exposed himself with the burner account about how he felt about his help in OKC. And it wasn't Russ who he wanted to leave, like some kd defenders were claiming.

Dude took the easy way out, just the same as Bron did in 10. KD took a way easier way out. Bron left a weak roster and bad fo. KD left a strong fo and string roster.

If he stayed that year a starting 5 of KD, Diop, Roberson, KD and Adams would of been sick! Replace Dipo with PG the next year, damn!!!

cmellofan15
10-06-2018, 06:03 PM

LMAO what does that make you then?

When he gave up on his team in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics in 2010, then joined up with 2 of the 3 other best players in the Eastern Conference on Wade's team, then giving up on that team in his first Finals with them and getting dominated by Dirk.

Oh how soon we forget..

nastynice
10-06-2018, 10:10 PM
That mid court shot against okc was def nuts tho, lmao, it was just too filthy. He was going sniper already, capped it off perfectly.

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 10:26 PM
LMAO what does that make you then?

Oh how soon we forget..

Exactly. I didnít bite but...

Chronz
10-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Honestly can't think of one. His first chip was him underachieving and abit hurt. His 2nd and 3rd chip literally did nothing to move the needle on his career worth. Never truly dominated a truly legacy defining series. If I had to choose its his defeats at the hands of the spurs and the clippers, he was somewhat contained but those teams having to throw the kitchen sink at him was a harbinger of the wrath that was to come.

Scoots
10-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Honestly can't think of one. His first chip was him underachieving and abit hurt. His 2nd and 3rd chip literally did nothing to move the needle on his career worth. Never truly dominated a truly legacy defining series. If I had to choose its his defeats at the hands of the spurs and the clippers, he was somewhat contained but those teams having to throw the kitchen sink at him was a harbinger of the wrath that was to come.

I agree if we are limiting it to the finals. The offense is designed to take the best shots and as they go further into the playoffs teams focus more and more on preventing Curry from making a difference so he becomes almost a decoy on most possessions.

tucksoe
10-07-2018, 11:46 AM
i bought a lot of shares of Kleenex stock after Durant joined the warriors, bunch of posters on this site are putting my kids through college. Thanks!

Chronz
10-07-2018, 12:10 PM
That mid court shot against okc was def nuts tho, lmao, it was just too filthy. He was going sniper already, capped it off perfectly.
Yeah if I had to choose his most memorable moment, it would definitely come in the rs

Chronz
10-07-2018, 12:13 PM
i bought a lot of shares of Kleenex stock after Durant joined the warriors, bunch of posters on this site are putting my kids through college. Thanks!
Should've just bet on the most predictable nba timeline of all time, i'm kicking myself for not putting my mortgage on the line

Chronz
10-07-2018, 12:16 PM
I agree if we are limiting it to the finals. The offense is designed to take the best shots and as they go further into the playoffs teams focus more and more on preventing Curry from making a difference so he becomes almost a decoy on most possessions.
There's a ton of value on that tho. That's prolly the lasting image we have of curry, i'm on the psd record, about 2 years ago I said we'd look back and remember curry as the greatest at making others better, that's his legacy. Just think he could've attained ultimate glory if he just told kd to take a hike, maybe both were ok with suppressing their greatness but it really hurt us die hard fans

Chronz
10-07-2018, 12:32 PM

IF GS was scared of Bron after that finals, I don't know. Not going to claim to know either.
GS the organization vs its players. There's a difference, it's a valid point. Height of your power and you install a limiter? Lmfao

Vinylman
10-07-2018, 12:57 PM
that night that he deep throated KD after they choked in the finals...

rumor is he choked that night also

Scoots
10-07-2018, 01:45 PM
GS the organization vs its players. There's a difference, it's a valid point. Height of your power and you install a limiter? Lmfao

Bogut couldn't stay healthy and they were looking at paying a max to Barnes. KD upgrade over Barnes was an obvious solution to knowing they couldn't replace Bogut.

tucksoe
10-07-2018, 02:21 PM
that night that he deep throated KD after they choked in the finals...

rumor is he choked that night also
More tissues sold!

Vinylman
10-07-2018, 02:56 PM
More tissues sold!

curry doesn't need tissues... he is a swallower

tucksoe
10-07-2018, 03:17 PM
curry doesn't need tissues... he is a swallower
Sorry should have been more specific. The tissues are for your constant crying.

Chronz
10-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Bogut couldn't stay healthy and they were looking at paying a max to Barnes. KD upgrade over Barnes was an obvious solution to knowing they couldn't replace Bogut.
Gasp

valade16
10-09-2018, 11:54 AM

How about dominating the Thunder and coming back from a 1-3 deficit to win the series? He dominated that legacy defining series so hard, KD literally left the Thunder to join him. So basically, all the success the Warriors are having now because of adding KD can be traced back to Steph and the Warriors coming back and beating them in the WCF.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 12:06 PM
when he hit a deep 3 with 11 mins to go, up 18, in Minnesota a few years ago, and holstered his fingers, walked the dog with a fake yo-yo, skipped like Kevin Bacon, spun around 3 times, triple tapped his chest then sent those fingers up to the sky.

never seen a dude celebrate with a TD dance after a made 3 in a meaningless game like Curry.

Saddletramp
10-09-2018, 08:14 PM
when he hit a deep 3 with 11 mins to go, up 18, in Minnesota a few years ago, and holstered his fingers, walked the dog with a fake yo-yo, skipped like Kevin Bacon, spun around 3 times, triple tapped his chest then sent those fingers up to the sky.

never seen a dude celebrate with a TD dance after a made 3 in a meaningless game like Curry.

I donít remember the exact year but Iím pretty sure it was around 2015 or 16 up at MSG against the Knicks (iirc) when he hit a big shot late and instead of joining his teammates to celebrate, he runs away from them so he can do his All Body Wiggle/Shakiní That Head move while running to the other basket and celebrating by himself. I might look for it later on YouTube if I get bored enough. It was gross.

nastynice
10-09-2018, 09:11 PM
I donít remember the exact year but Iím pretty sure it was around 2015 or 16 up at MSG against the Knicks (iirc) when he hit a big shot late and instead of joining his teammates to celebrate, he runs away from them so he can do his All Body Wiggle/Shakiní That Head move while running to the other basket and celebrating by himself. I might look for it later on YouTube if I get bored enough. It was gross.

Hardens never celebrated a play in a game which was already over? lol, bro, decrease the salt content

Saddletramp
10-10-2018, 03:37 AM
Hardens never celebrated a play in a game which was already over? lol, bro, decrease the salt content

Iíve never seen him pass up his teammates to go half way down the court to celebrate by himself.

I should just go back to not responding to you.

nastynice
10-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Iíve never seen him pass up his teammates to go half way down the court to celebrate by himself.

I should just go back to not responding to you.

Oh, you should start watching rockets games, he does it literally every game. He does that stupid pot stirring thing while jogging by his teammates all the time

Saddletramp
10-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Oh, you should start watching rockets games, he does it literally every game. He does that stupid pot stirring thing while jogging by his teammates all the time

During the game? Like, when heís running down the court and looking for his man to defend? Yeah, of course. What the ****? After a play with the whistle being blown and rushing and ignoring his teammates to run off to the other end? Get the **** out of here with that trash.

ďLiterallyĒ lol.

valade16
10-10-2018, 06:29 PM
During the game? Like, when heís running down the court nd looking for his man to defend? Yeah, of course. What the ****? After a play with the whistle being blown and rushing and ignoring his teammates to run off to the other end? Get the **** out of here with that trash.

ďLiterallyĒ lol.

C'mon now, we all know this doesn't happen lol

Saddletramp
10-10-2018, 06:41 PM

^^^^Knew that was cominí. :laugh:

nastynice
10-10-2018, 08:06 PM
During the game? Like, when heís running down the court and looking for his man to defend? Yeah, of course. What the ****? After a play with the whistle being blown and rushing and ignoring his teammates to run off to the other end? Get the **** out of here with that trash.

ďLiterallyĒ lol.

No, during timeouts too, sometimes he be kinda looking at the crowd, showing his fans love.

That bastard!!

Saddletramp
10-10-2018, 09:21 PM
No, during timeouts too, sometimes he be kinda looking at the crowd, showing his fans love.

That bastard!!

Saddletramp, why do you keep interacting with this scrub? He has no idea what heís talking about and canít seem to grasp what youíre telling him. Looking at the crowd during a time-out isnít remotely what weíre talking about.

Youíre right, Saddletramp. Why do I bother? Itís a waste of our time and everyone elseís.

nastynice
10-11-2018, 02:32 AM
Saddletramp, why do you keep interacting with this scrub? He has no idea what heís talking about and canít seem to grasp what youíre telling him. Looking at the crowd during a time-out isnít remotely what weíre talking about.

Youíre right, Saddletramp. Why do I bother? Itís a waste of our time and everyone elseís.

Looking at the crowd as he stirs his pot. He'll wander a bit. You know, celebrating solo a little rather than immediately joining his teammates.

Bro, I'm on board with you, I am just as infuriated by these actions nba players do. Who the **** do they think they are?! They need to ban celebrations like the NFL did

Hawkeye15
10-11-2018, 09:48 AM

stole my joke

Cal827
10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
To me, I remember the OKC shot.

Side note, come on guys... How many guys do you count their worst losses as signature moments? Don't see anyone going say that Jordan's initial series vs Detroit, Lebron's collapse vs Dallas, or Kobe's atrocious finals vs the Pistons were "signature moments"

You guys need a little bit of water for all of that salt? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
10-11-2018, 11:07 AM

Side note, come on guys... How many guys do you count their worst losses as signature moments? Don't see anyone going say that Jordan's initial series vs Detroit, Lebron's collapse vs Dallas, or Kobe's atrocious finals vs the Pistons were "signature moments"

well has Steph had any signature moments? I imagine he has, but things like showboating for no reason stick out to me.

Scoots
10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
I never understood people complaining about a player celebrating. Particularly when the fans are cheering along. Players celebrate for the fans and to get themselves and their team amped up. It can be a problem if the team doesn't like the player, or the player isn't doing their job otherwise, or if the team is losing ... but celebration by players is something a lot of people like.

I actually prefer a happy celebration to the mean mugging, growling, and flexing some players do after a good play.

Jamiecballer
10-11-2018, 01:58 PM
I never understood people complaining about a player celebrating. Particularly when the fans are cheering along. Players celebrate for the fans and to get themselves and their team amped up. It can be a problem if the team doesn't like the player, or the player isn't doing their job otherwise, or if the team is losing ... but celebration by players is something a lot of people like.

I actually prefer a happy celebration to the mean mugging, growling, and flexing some players do after a good play.Opposite for me.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2018, 02:00 PM

I actually prefer a happy celebration to the mean mugging, growling, and flexing some players do after a good play.

I am all for celebrating in a big game, but not in January when you are up 18 and hit a 3 against the Bucks. Like, just run back and get on with it.

Saddletramp
10-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Oh, Iím with you. I hate the mean mugging while doing a buffalo stance. But that Curry one in MSG was like he was trying to run away from his teammates to do some stupid body wiggle. He looked like a tool and in running away from his teammates he looked like he was trying to hog all of the spotlight.

I found it just now, by the way. About 2:20 in the video. He just runs past Draymond and Richard Jefferson and does his lame *** wiggle move in a regular season game against the ****ing Knicks of all teams. When I saw that highlight and the dance/ignoring his teammates I just rolled my eyes.

https://youtu.be/Y6ZkhhJ8gwg

Chronz
10-11-2018, 03:52 PM

Its rooted in fandom that's for sure. Like when I hated the Lakers, watching a young rwb taunt them was so satisfying back then, then when okc became the enemy it became annoying

nastynice
10-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Oh, Iím with you. I hate the mean mugging while doing a buffalo stance. But that Curry one in MSG was like he was trying to run away from his teammates to do some stupid body wiggle. He looked like a tool and in running away from his teammates he looked like he was trying to hog all of the spotlight.

I found it just now, by the way. About 2:20 in the video. He just runs past Draymond and Richard Jefferson and does his lame *** wiggle move in a regular season game against the ****ing Knicks of all teams. When I saw that highlight and the dance/ignoring his teammates I just rolled my eyes.

Lmaoooooo

Bro, that's gold! 😂😂

nastynice
10-11-2018, 04:50 PM

People so mad they legit complaining that Curry celebrated after hitting a 3 in a 2 pt game, haha, saddle I don't think I'm a ever forget this one, lmaooo

nastynice
10-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Saddle, on a scale of 1-10 how angry does this video make you?

https://youtu.be/5EML8RIEgjQ

Scoots
10-11-2018, 09:53 PM
I am all for celebrating in a big game, but not in January when you are up 18 and hit a 3 against the Bucks. Like, just run back and get on with it.

Yeah, I can see that.

Scoots
10-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Yeah, some eye rolling happens for me too.

Scoots
10-11-2018, 10:03 PM
The over the top stuff got REALLY bad in the NFL for a while there. I had to cut back on watching it it was getting so irritating. Hey congratulations you stopped a running back after 3 yards on 2nd and 7, now stop running around and posing 20 yards down field and get back to the ****ing huddle!

Of all the things I've ever eye rolled over the top two are TO running to the star in Dallas and Dwight Howard after being knocked out of the playoffs deflecting it in post game because "I already know I'm a champion" ... really Dwight? And what league did that come in? And way to crap on your teammates there by implying that they are not. Ugh.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Actually that was what Reminded Tre of Bron

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 10:46 PM

I donít think he was saying it was a bad thing, but that is what Curry is most memorable for. And that could very well be. I mean Deion is the best corner ever, but when I think of Deion, I see him doing his high step down the side line with one hand behind his head like the mailman showboating.

FlashBolt
10-11-2018, 10:57 PM
When he drained that game winner vs OKC. You just knew it was going in as soon as he let go. Kanter literally had his hands up as to say: Why did we leave that man open. For reference, Curry was about 30 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz29FUCJWWc

Cal827
10-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Actually that was what Reminded Tre of Bron

:facepalm: