PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Best Young Core Part III

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:10 PM
So my friends...where are we on this debate 3 seasons in?

Minny?:laugh:
Lakers?
Philly?
Denver?
Boston?
Who else?

Let's engage...

Put up a better young group of players...

Ball
Ingram
Hart
Kuzma
Zubac
Wagner
Zvi

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Philly, easily. Embiid+Simmons are guaranteed top ten players, IMO.
No trust in Minny right now so I'm putting them on the bottom.
Lakers #2.
Denver #3.

Hawkeye15
10-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Going into this season:

Philly by a mile

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Philly, easily. Embiid+Simmons are guaranteed top ten players, IMO.
No trust in Minny right now so I'm putting them on the bottom.
Lakers #2.
Denver #3.

I give Philly Embiid and Simmons as talented players who are performing...
But what else?
They have drafted horribly...
Blowing 3 top 5 picks...
Fultz, Okafor and Noel...

That's a ton...in a short period of time...
I like Denver...The Joker, and the 2 guards are serious ballers...
I like Tatum and Rozier for Boston...Brown is over rated...too upright with a suspect handle...Plays like a tweener...

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Going into this season:

Philly by a mile

:laugh2:
Still Hating...
You are running out of time...
Kuzma was just balling against nobody in Summer League...
Ingram is a bust...and so is Ball...

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:21 PM
But what else?
Blowing 3 top 5 picks...

I like Tatum and Rozier for Boston...Brown is over rated...too upright with a suspect handle...Plays like a tweener...

Do you think LeBron would rather play with Embiid+Simmons+Fultz on the Lakers or Ingram+Kuzma+Ball...? I mean, I think we all know the answer. If Embiid+Simmons+Fultz were on the Lakers, LeBron would have been all over LAL.

Hawkeye15
10-05-2018, 03:23 PM
:laugh2:
Still Hating...
You are running out of time...
Kuzma was just balling against nobody in Summer League...
Ingram is a bust...and so is Ball...

Embiid and Simmons have already proven all NBA talent. Embiid already made all NBA/all defense. Meaning he is already a superstar. So yes, Philly has more young talent.

Lakers young talent is good, but is it even better than Boston's?

Why do you have such a hard on over this dude? Who ****ing cares

Hawkeye15
10-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Do you think LeBron would rather play with Embiid+Simmons+Fultz on the Lakers or Ingram+Kuzma+Ball...? I mean, I think we all know the answer. If Embiid+Simmons+Fultz were on the Lakers, LeBron would have been all over LAL.

he keeps coming back for validation that Minnesotas core sucks. Towns alone is better than anything the Lakers have. Wiggins ****ing sucks, and Thib's traded the rest of the "core" away, so I don't get the point..

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:30 PM
To put it more into perspective, Simmons and Embiid led the Sixers to a very good record and the only reason why LeBron to Philly discussions ever materialized was due to those two. Lakers, LeBron isn't going back for Ingram or Kuzma. I'm sure he thinks they are very nice pieces but it's the aura of Los Angeles and the Lakers that decided it for him. What I'm trying to say is, people are doubting the Lakers because they aren't sure Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and the rest of the young folks are ready. Simmons and Embiid are ready and will be for many years. Those two are guaranteed stars in the league. Injury aside, Embiid is likely cracking into my top ten and because of his stature as a center, he's infinitely more valuable than any player the Lakers have right now other than LeBron. Simmons has a higher ceiling than Embiid IMO but really need to see his shot materialize. Him being afraid of scoring or shooting the ball is not a good look.

Hawkeye15
10-05-2018, 03:33 PM
LeBron went to LA because he lives there, his kids are in school there and he has literally nothing left to prove. He didn't go to win titles. He went because he has proven it all, and his family lives in LA.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:38 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers are apparently getting a chance to pitch their process to LeBron James.

According to multiple reports, representatives from the team will meet Sunday with James' agent Rich Paul in Los Angeles. James, however, will not be at this meeting.

Here's more from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on the meeting and what looms ahead for James and the Sixers:

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Something went wrong in that Philly meeting...
Why would Lebron want to play with Simmons...a poor man's version of himself without a jumpshot...

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:43 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers are apparently getting a chance to pitch their process to LeBron James.

According to multiple reports, representatives from the team will meet Sunday with James' agent Rich Paul in Los Angeles. James, however, will not be at this meeting.

Here's more from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on the meeting and what looms ahead for James and the Sixers:

Like I said, the city of Los Angeles and the prestige of Lakers is the ultimate reason. If the Lakers sucked and had no cap, I doubt he'd go there. It's a good mix of Lakers having a solid roster with enough cap space led by a good management and the environment. The fact Philly was even mentioned was entirely due to Ben Simmons and Embiid being there so that speaks volumes of who they are as players. Your reply actually proved my point. The agent met with Rich Paul. Why would Rich Paul meet with a team that they aren't somewhat interested in? And why would LeBron be interested in Philly at all? Do the math, lol.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Why would Lebron want to play with Simmons...a poor man's version of himself without a jumpshot...

Something doesn't have to go wrong. There can be better options based on who you are speaking to. LeBron felt Lakers was a better option and clearly, he has two homes in Los Angeles already. How many houses does he have in Philly..? None. So it's definitely an environment thing that sold him over Philly.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:45 PM
To put it more into perspective, Simmons and Embiid led the Sixers to a very good record and the only reason why LeBron to Philly discussions ever materialized was due to those two. Lakers, LeBron isn't going back for Ingram or Kuzma. I'm sure he thinks they are very nice pieces but it's the aura of Los Angeles and the Lakers that decided it for him. What I'm trying to say is, people are doubting the Lakers because they aren't sure Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and the rest of the young folks are ready. Simmons and Embiid are ready and will be for many years. Those two are guaranteed stars in the league. Injury aside, Embiid is likely cracking into my top ten and because of his stature as a center, he's infinitely more valuable than any player the Lakers have right now other than LeBron. Simmons has a higher ceiling than Embiid IMO but really need to see his shot materialize. Him being afraid of scoring or shooting the ball is not a good look.

So you think Simmons has a higher ceiling than Ingram or any other young player named Ball or Kuzma...
Please break that down for me...
I can make a case for all three having a higher ceiling than Simmons...

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:46 PM
So you think Simmons has a higher ceiling than Ingram or any other young player named Ball or Kuzma...

You think Kuzma has a higher ceiling than Simmons? I mean, I think this is where I will safely depart from this discussion.

Hawkeye15
10-05-2018, 03:47 PM

see post #10 in this thread.

Until someone has kids, family, etc, they don't know the pull that has. LeBron James bought a house in LA in Nov, 2015, it has been his main residence, and where his kids go to school. THAT is why he went to the Lakers. Or at least the main reason. His agent is there, his business interests, his family. Pretty ****ing simple dude.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Like I said, the city of Los Angeles and the prestige of Lakers is the ultimate reason. If the Lakers sucked and had no cap, I doubt he'd go there. It's a good mix of Lakers having a solid roster with enough cap space led by a good management and the environment. The fact Philly was even mentioned was entirely due to Ben Simmons and Embiid being there so that speaks volumes of who they are as players. Your reply actually proved my point. The agent met with Rich Paul. Why would Rich Paul meet with a team that they aren't somewhat interested in? And why would LeBron be interested in Philly at all? Do the math, lol.

Philly got a meeting with Paul not Lebron...Embiid and Simmons showed up...Lebron was on the beach playing volleyball with Luke...
#caseclosed

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 03:52 PM
"I thought [Ingram] was great," said James, who finished with 18 points and four assists in 16 minutes last night. "His pace, his ability to play the point and play the wing, he's a very special talent, and we're definitely happy to have him on our side.

"I know what I see in him, and he's looking for this opportunity to make this next jump in his third year. So, it's a lot of upside in that kid, and I'm happy to try to give him as much as I can."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Los Angeles Lakers are pretty confident heading into the 2018 season, and a big reason for that is LeBron James.

But what about the Philadelphia 76ers, an up-and-coming playoff team that James himself said he considered during his latest headlining free agency tour? How are they feeling entering 2018, especially after missing out on LeBron?

According to Ben Simmons, their 2018 Rookie of the Year, they're doing just fine. But it doesn't mean they still don't wish King James had chosen differently when he hit the open market.

"A little bit," Simmons told the Daily Telegraph when asked whether he's disappointed James didn't sign with the Sixers. "At the same time, he did the right thing for him and his family. But it would've been great to learn from him, him being on the team and obviously competing for a championship. But we have pieces to get there."

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:59 PM
If you tell me Kuzma has a higher ceiling than Simmons, I'm not sure anything I say can change your mind. It's already far past logic at that point. More like just being unreasonable.

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Philly
Celtics
Lakers

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 04:35 PM

No you canít, not for any of them.

valade16
10-05-2018, 04:53 PM

Doesn't that also describe Lonzo Ball lol?

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Doesn't that also describe Lonzo Ball lol?

No

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 05:24 PM
So a 6'10" pass first ball handler...
No defense, no jumpshot...

Just a matter of time before he's exposed as an XL Rondo minus defense, competitive drive and BBALL IQ...

The NBA is moving in a different direction...
Ball, Ingram make a difference on both sides of the ball...
Kuzma is an elite shooter with endless range...with an inside game...great instincts for the game...
I will roll with my guys...
Philly ain't going anywhere no time soon...

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 05:27 PM

Just a matter of time before he's exposed as an XL Rondo minus defense, competitive drive and BBALL IQ...

Kuzma is an elite shooter with endless range...with an inside game...great instincts for the game...

If those guys were near what you were claiming the team wouldnít have been so garbage the last 2 years. Meanwhile the Sixers were the 3rd seed and Simmons was the clear cut ROY against Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum who are both better than any of the Lakers young guys.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 05:28 PM

1) Ben Simmons is a good defender. No defense? You definitely have never watched a game of his.
2) If they make such a difference, they would be in the playoffs last season.
3) Kuzma isn't an elite shooter, lmao. He's good but he's not elite. Endless range? Stephen Curry has endless range. You think Kuzma is as good of a shooter as Curry?

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 05:29 PM
If those guys were near what you were claiming the team wouldnít have been so garbage the last 2 years. Meanwhile the Sixers were the 3rd seed and Simmons was the clear cut ROY against Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum who are both better than any of the Lakers young guys.

Clear cut SOY (Sophomore)

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Ben Simmons led LSU to a 19-14 record...
Markelle Fultz led Washingtown to a 9-22 record...

Their games are ground breaking...

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 05:36 PM
1) Ben Simmons is a good defender. No defense? You definitely have never watched a game of his.
2) If they make such a difference, they would be in the playoffs last season.
3) Kuzma isn't an elite shooter, lmao. He's good but he's not elite. Endless range? Stephen Curry has endless range. You think Kuzma is as good of a shooter as Curry?

Weren't you part of the group that said Kuzma was only good in Summer League and would amount to nothing?
Time is starting to run out on the hating...

What happened to Minny and their young core?
How's Kris Dunn doing?
Is Wiggins all you thought he would be?
So Butler exposes Minny for everything I said 2 years ago...

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Ingram > Wiggins

valade16
10-05-2018, 05:40 PM
No

Pretty sure it does. Theoretically the biggest difference is Lonzo actually has a shot and Simmons doesn't... but we didn't see that last year. Lonzo sucked shooting. If he can go back to shooting like he did in college he'll be different, but right now he's essentially a shorter, lesser Ben Simmons.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Weren't you part of the group that said Kuzma was only good in Summer League and would amount to nothing?
Time is starting to run out on the hating...

What happened to Minny and their young core?
How's Kris Dunn doing?
Is Wiggins all you thought he would be?
So Butler exposes Minny for everything I said 2 years ago...

I said Summer League doesn't mean anything. That's always been true.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Just two nights after stifling one of the biggest anomalies in the league in Giannis Antetokounmpo, Boston swiftly moved on to its next challenge: containing the 6-foot-10 Ben Simmons. The Celtics are running a clinic on how to defend the future of the NBA, and that was once again on display Monday night in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal matchup against the Sixers. A data visualization of the game would resemble a lattice structure, an interlacing network of defenders from all positions finding ways to bother the Sixersí lead guard.

How do you stop an elite creator with his size and athleticism? Thatís been the question haunting the league since October, when Simmons began blazing the trail for his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign. The utter lack of a jump shot was supposed to be exposed in the playoffs, but Simmons attacked the weak links in Phillyís first-round series against the Heat with conviction and shut everyone up over the course of five games. Maybe it really didnít matter. Itís hard to discredit the vacuum effect a best-of-seven series can have on our expectations. After he dismantled Miami, it was fair to wonder whether heíd ever need a jumper.

But the rookie hit several brick walls in the Sixersí 117-101 Game 1 loss against the Celtics. Simmons spent much of his time on Celtics guards, but on the cross-match found himself defended by a roving, oddly interchangeable array of stout bodies: Al Horford, a power forward or center, depending on time and place; Marcus Smart, a guard who defends his airspace like a 7-footer; and Semi Ojeleye, a 3-and-D wing with a body mass denser than the Earthís core. Simmons finished the game with 18 points, seven rebounds, and six assists, not too far removed from his season averages. But his impact was muted, and it was clear from the start that the Celtics have a collection of players uniquely suited to match his length if they canít match his height, his height if they canít match his strength, or his strength if they canít match his speed. It led to seven turnovers on the night, only the seventh time in Simmonsís first 87 games as a pro when he had more giveaways than assists.

Simmons hesitated when it was clear there werenít any easy paths to the basket or any open gaps to thread the needle through. There were many passes thrown to nowhere and even more moments of midair indecision that were within milliseconds of traveling violations. It was in those momentsóespecially considering the Sixers were battling back from a double-digit deficit for much of the nightóthat the ever-present worry about Simmonsís inability to shoot began to rear its head.

When the Sixers canít get anything going from anyone around the arc, Simmonsís unwillingness to create his own offense from outside the paint becomes a glaring issue. Philly was a ghastly 5-of-26 from 3, and while none of that was directly Simmonsís doing, his inability to generate momentum on drives killed a lot of the rhythm for the teammates hanging around Simmonsís and Joel Embiidís orbits. The Celtics successfully baited both of Phillyís stars to hunker down in the post and try to take advantage of their physical superiority to create opportunities. It workedóboth Simmons and Embiid scored efficiently around the rim, but thatís not enough when the team as a whole has to make up for a 36-point disadvantage on 3-pointers.

Simmons was uneven on defense, too. There were moments he had on Terry Rozier that showed just how special he can be as a defender, to glide in lockstep with a shifty 6-foot-2 guard and not miss a beat. He also spent a lot of time away from the ball, almost serving as a safety in the defense, but often found himself too far from the strong side of the play to make much of a difference. In the first half, when Jayson Tatum was roasting J.J. Redick, it would have been nice to see Brett Brown lean on Simmons as more of a stopper, but against a Celtics offense that is so motion-heavy, itís a luxury to have a player with Simmonsís physical tools be in multiple places at once. Brown will be making adjustments, for sure, but this could also be a case where you throw your hands up. The complexion of a game just completely changes when a team can get a 3-pointer from eight different players on their roster, as the Celtics did.

In Game 1 of Phillyís first-round series, the Sixers turned math into an existential crisis for the Heat by putting on the fourth-most-efficient 3-point shooting performance in NBA postseason history, hitting 18 of their 28 3-point attempts; in Game 1 of the second round, the Celtics flipped the script, going 17-of-35. As much as the 3-pointer has increased the variance of games, it has also established a buffer zone for teams that just happen to be in the zone. Thereís not much to do against a team that hits 15 or more 3s in a game other than match its production. Thereís also not much a team can do when it shoots 19.2 percent from behind the arc.

The playoffs have already exposed the dilemmas that befall point guards who rely more on their otherworldly athleticism than their prowess from deep. Simmonsís situation is unique in that he has at least 6 inches on players like Russell Westbrook and John Wallóand unlike those two, heíll fling a shot from 3 onlly in the most desperate (and pointless) situations. Simmons is a point guard not only in name, but in form and function. He is the nonshooting engine who allows the teamís 3-point barrage to flourish, the omnipositional defender who is a walking mismatch every second heís on the floor.

But we all knew this moment of reckoning was due; coaches and players are too smart, and the playoffs are too long, for teams to ignore an Achillesí heel when itís presented. In kind, the Sixers have too much talent on their roster not to have an emphatic response. But it should be at least a little bit troubling that in finding it, theyíll have to pull double duty in dismantling the Celticsí game plan while also reshaping the aura that Simmons had played with all season long.

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Clear cut SOY (Sophomore)

You couldnít answer my question in the preseason thread so any input of yours is invalid.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 06:07 PM

Come to the West and do that...
So Let's see the Elite 76ers played the garbage Lakers last season...

115-109 Philly
107-104 Lakers

Yeah bro...I see what you mean...
Wait until this season...

Simmons vs Ingram
15 pts 10.5 rebs 12.5 assts 2.5 steals

23.5 pts 9 rebs 4.5 assts 1.5 blks..PLUS THE GW at Philly!

One needs the ball in his hands all the time...
The other doesn't...
One can shoot from anywhere on the court...the other needs layups and dunks to be effective on offense...
One can play 4 positions on the court...
the other can only play 4 positions on paper...

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 06:16 PM
You couldnít answer my question in the preseason thread so any input of yours is invalid.

Donít be mad because Ingram is going to **** on you :)

You think Magnum BI is a crappy player so any basketball opinion you have on the Lakers is invalid.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Come to the West and do that...
So Let's see the Elite 76ers played the garbage Lakers last season...

115-109 Philly
107-104 Lakers

Yeah bro...I see what you mean...
Wait until this season...

Simmons vs Ingram
15 pts 10.5 rebs 12.5 assts 2.5 steals

23.5 pts 9 rebs 4.5 assts 1.5 blks..PLUS THE GW at Philly!

One needs the ball in his hands all the time...
The other doesn't...
One can shoot from anywhere on the court...the other needs layups and dunks to be effective on offense...
One can play 4 positions on the court...
the other can only play 4 positions on paper...

Philly was 18/30 vs West. Meaning, a 60% winrate. That's a 50 win pace taking into account 82 games. What are we discussing here?

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Philly was 18/30 vs West. Meaning, a 60% winrate. That's a 50 win pace taking into account 82 games. What are we discussing here?

Last time I checked the East Teams play each West Team twice a year????...
If you're saying the East is as tough as the West...say it...
and let's debate that...
Lakers had a winning record vs the East last season...

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Which teams would Philly have beaten last season in the WEst over a 7 game series?
Warriors
Rockets
Trailblazers
Thunder
Jazz
Pelicans
Spurs
Wolves

Scoots
10-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Why is anyone engaging in this debate?

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 07:07 PM
But what else?
Blowing 3 top 5 picks...

Fultz? Fultz looks good... In fact where fultz is and where ball is there really isnt any difference except fultz is younger right? : )

On top of this we have our recent first round pick we got from you guys that we used on a top player plus shamet who has an insane shot and bolden. I could go on but its not worth because you are just in here to troll the wolves.

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 07:09 PM

Honestly this is why your own forum hates you lol... You give them such a bad name... Most laker fans on this site are good posters and i love the lakers young core but you are just here to troll.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Why is anyone engaging in this debate?

😂🤣😂

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Fultz? Fultz looks good... In fact where fultz is and where ball is there really isnt any difference except fultz is younger right? : )

😄

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Honestly this is why your own forum hates you lol... You give them such a bad name... Most laker fans on this site are good posters and i love the lakers young core but you are just here to troll.
😂

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 07:17 PM
that all being said id have the lakers 2nd just because of my love for ingram... I think he will be better than tatum or brown

Sixers
Lakers
Celtics
Wolves

Wolves are the wildcard... Towns is a beast and just needs to defend... If wiggins just takes that step forward with the talent he has that we have all been waiting for he can be nasty

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 07:22 PM

I love someone that doesnt have a clue what hes talking about... you do realize Simmons was one of the better defensive PG last year right?

Storch
10-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Oh man rocco makin us lakers fans look bad again...

Id say philly and celtics have a great young core, the lakers need to prove themselves this season to be higher in the rankings. KAT is better than all the young lakers too... weíll see! Im excited for ingram and hart, they look great. Kuzma and lonzo still need to show us somethin

IKnowHoops
10-05-2018, 07:50 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 f it heís on one

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Donít be mad because Ingram is going to **** on you :)

You think Magnum BI is a crappy player so any basketball opinion you have on the Lakers is invalid.

Again I never said heís a bad player, youíve made this storyline up in your mind and now itís controlling your every day life. Itís all you think about. Release your demons brother!!!

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:05 PM
I love someone that doesnt have a clue what hes talking about... you do realize Simmons was one of the better defensive PG last year right?

James Harden was once a good defender statistically...1st year or 2 at OKC..

Ben Simmons has quick feet for his size..
He was statistically good at jumping in passing lanes on help defense and getting steals...
At 6 10 and guarding smaller players...very few blocks...
can not effectively guard players his size...
He came into the NBA with a bad defensive reputation...He will go back to that...
Defense is effort...
At his size...he should be a ball hawk...
We will see what he does in season 2...

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 08:08 PM
Again I never said heís a bad player, youíve made this storyline up in your mind and now itís controlling your every day life. Itís all you think about. Release your demons brother!!!

Ahahahaha yea sure buddy. You said heís not very good, Said he wonít be better than Ingram. You even think Richardson is better. Even admitted to not watching Lakers games yet Ingram is miles behind Tatum or Brown. You went on and on about how youíll be bringing this up in a few months when BI is crap. You donít even think he has potential to score 20ppg a night.

Look, I still like you, we got no issues but youíre CLEARLY WRONG about Magnum BI.

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 08:09 PM
James Harden was once a good defender statistically...1st year or 2 at OKC..

Ben Simmons has quick feet for his size..
He was statistically good at jumping in passing lanes on help defense and getting steals...
At 6 10 and guarding smaller players...very few blocks...
can not effectively guard players his size...
He came into the NBA with a bad defensive reputation...He will go back to that...
Defense is effort...
At his size...he should be a ball hawk...
We will see what he does in season 2...

I donít want to get into this lol but without looking i believe Simmons lead all PGís in blocks.... #2 was Lonzo Ball.

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Ahahahaha yea sure buddy. You said heís not very good, Said he wonít be better than Ingram. You even think Richardson is better. Even admitted to not watching Lakers games yet Ingram is miles behind Tatum or Brown. You went on and on about how youíll be bringing this up in a few months when BI is crap. You donít even think he has potential to score 20ppg a night.

Look, I still like you, we got no issues but youíre CLEARLY WRONG about Magnum BI.

Heís a poor mans Andre Ingram brother. Release the demons!!!

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:19 PM
that all being said id have the lakers 2nd just because of my love for ingram... I think he will be better than tatum or brown

Sixers
Lakers
Celtics
Wolves

Wolves are the wildcard... Towns is a beast and just needs to defend... If wiggins just takes that step forward with the talent he has that we have all been waiting for he can be nasty

So the Wolves were #1 two seasons ago...what happen???

A few things...

If I make you pull "That's why nobody likes you card"...I'm winning...
I'm not here to win a popularity contest...
I'm here to light you on fire...and watch you burn...

So Wiggins is still needing to take a step forward huh...
How many more seasons does he need before the excuse makers understand that he is what he is...
A Low motor and low bball IQ player...

If you want me to say KAT is a better talent than all of our young players like your most popular Laker posters...
I won't...
Because I don't believe so...
I said 2 seasons ago Ingram was better than Wiggins...you all were talking the same ***...We shall see tius season..
I said Ball and Tatum were better than Fultz a year ago...
I said Kuzma was the real deal...
I said Minny was fraudulent...everyone blamed the HC...Butler exposed that whole team...

So FUUG what the peanut gallery thinks...Let's talk facts...

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 08:29 PM
So the Wolves were #1 two seasons ago...what happen???

A few things...

If I make you pull "That's why nobody likes you card"...I'm winning...
I'm not here to win a popularity contest...
I'm here to light you on fire...and watch you burn...

So Wiggins is still needing to take a step forward huh...
How many more seasons does he need before the excuse makers understand that he is what he is...
A Low motor and low bball IQ player...

If you want me to say KAT is a better talent than all of our young players like your most popular Laker posters...
I won't...
Because I don't believe so...
I said 2 seasons ago Ingram was better than Wiggins...you all were talking the same ***...We shall see tius season..
I said Ball and Tatum were better than Fultz a year ago...
I said Kuzma was the real deal...
I said Minny was fraudulent...everyone blamed the HC...Butler exposed that whole team...

So FUUG what the peanut gallery thinks...Let's talk facts...

Except I was the person that was the hardest on Towns/Wiggins and loved ingram more than most lakers fans but please continue to spew BS. You have legit done nothing but throw out wrong facts everywhere you turn.. Simmons a bad defender? Simmons not a shot blocker but leads league in Blocks for PG... Simmons came into the league known as a poor defender so he will revert but fun note Ball was a great defender last year but his big negative was his defense before he came into the league and he was amazing defensively but by your logic he will now be a bad defender right? Can you even keep up with the crap you try spewing

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:30 PM

KAT is better than all the young lakers too... Kuzma and lonzo still need to show us somethin

This guy is probably popular...Great post bro...
I'm sure you also agree that Fultz and Ball are even right now...
one played an NBA season...The other has played 2 preseason games...

:clap:

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Simmons came into the league known as a poor defender so he will revert but fun note Ball was a great defender last year but his big negative was his defense before he came into the league and he was amazing defensively but by your logic he will now be a bad defender right? Can you even keep up with the crap you try spewing

So Lonzo Ball came into the NBA labelled a BAD DEFENDER???

IKnowHoops
10-05-2018, 08:40 PM
My prediction for how good the top young guys will be. I think all players can reach at least one all star game.

Simmons
Towns
Embiid
Ingram
Wiggins
Tatum
Hart
Ball
Kuzma
Brown

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:41 PM

Kuzma and lonzo still need to show us somethin

Kuzma and Ball finished 4th and 6th in Final NBA Rookie Ranking...

Great post bro...them boys need to show us something...anything...
Ball had just as good stats as HOF Jason KIDD rookie...Kuzma averaged 17 pts as a late 1st rounder...
These are the kinds of posts that keeps you popular among Laker haters...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/final-nba-rookie-rankings-this-class-goes-so-much-deeper-than-simmons-and-mitchell/

More-Than-Most
10-05-2018, 08:42 PM
So Lonzo Ball came into the NBA labelled a BAD DEFENDER???

[B]
[3. IS HE JASON KIDD, OR STEVE NASH, OR RICKY RUBIO?
I asked our scout about the Jason Kidd comparison. "On offense they have a similar impact," he said. "It depends on how much you value defense in evaluating players. If defense is, say, one-third of how you grade player, well, Jason Kidd was an A+. He was an incredible athlete, and he was always going to be great on D. So that's where that comparison falls apart [with Lonzo]." Ball's defense is a work in progress, and it'll be complicated by his lack of strength early on. In the bestĖcase scenario, he'll eventually be a net-zero on that end./B]

mightybosstone
10-05-2018, 08:44 PM
I think anyone with half a brain would probably pretty easily answer "Philly" to this question. They have two All-Star, potentially All-NBA caliber players under the age of 24 in addition to a 20-year-old Fultz who has insane amount of untapped potential and a 24-year-old Dario Saric. That's a core foursome that could be a perennial contender in the East for the next decade.

Outside of Philly, I think it really depends on the age cutoff and how we value "best." You could make a case for Boston, Denver or LA at that spot pretty easily.

For me, personally, I'd go Boston second. Whether you consider a 26-year-old Kyrie "young" (which he pretty much is by NBA years), they still have two incredibly versatile and talented young wings under age 22 in Tatum and Brown, which is easily probably the second best duo of players age 24 and younger in the league behind Embiid and Simmons. And outside of those two, Rozier and Smart are incredibly valuable young role players at age 24. Factor in a 26-year-old Irving, and that's a ridiculously deep core of young guys to build around for the next 5-10 years.

Then I'd go with Denver with Harris (24), Jokic (23) and Murray (21) in addition to Lyles (22) and Michael Porter Jr. (20). Jokic is a perennial All-Star candidate, while Harris and Murray have future All-Star potential and Porter is just chalked full of potential if he can get healthy and stay healthy.

Ranking Denver ahead of LA may seem unfair, but I just think Jokic's potential is far greater than anyone on the Lakers' current roster, barring a pretty substantial leap from Ingram. I think LA's young core has some real potential on paper, but we've only really seen Ingram (21) and Kuzma (23) play at an above average level in the NBA at this point. Ball (20) and Hart (23) just haven't performed at the caliber of NBA starters yet. Throw in Lebron's presence and the Lakers shifting mindset to becoming contenders, and it's possible some of the young guys may lose minutes to veterans this season.

On top of those teams, you could make a case for Milwaukee and Minnesota because of Giannis and KAT, but they don't have much young depth beyond those guys. The three teams I found more interesting in this conversation are Phoenix, Dallas and Sacramento. I love the potential of the Booker/Ayton and DSJ/Luka duos. And what Sacramento lacks in high-end young talent, they more than make up for in volume, with more than a dozen guys on their BR page age 25 or younger, including Bagley, Fox, Hield, Giles, Cauley-Stein and Jackson.

If there's a team capable of leaping into that top 3 conversation in the next year, my money is on one of those three.

TLDR rankings:
1. Philly
2. Boston
3. Denver
4. LA
5. Phoenix
6. Dallas
7. Sacramento

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 08:45 PM
[B]
[3. IS HE JASON KIDD, OR STEVE NASH, OR RICKY RUBIO?
I asked our scout about the Jason Kidd comparison. "On offense they have a similar impact," he said. "It depends on how much you value defense in evaluating players. If defense is, say, one-third of how you grade player, well, Jason Kidd was an A+. He was an incredible athlete, and he was always going to be great on D. So that's where that comparison falls apart [with Lonzo]." Ball's defense is a work in progress, and it'll be complicated by his lack of strength early on. In the bestĖcase scenario, he'll eventually be a net-zero on that end./B]

There's a difference between "oh he will have problems guarding NBA PGs because of his footspeed" etc...and someone saying "you're bad defensively which is all about effort"...

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Lonzo Ball is a EXCELLENT defender, very intelligent, reads plays before it happens, jumps lanes and blocks a lot of shots. Heís in the top percintile defensively and was one of the best guards (not just rookies) in the league defensively last year.

Rocco007
10-05-2018, 10:59 PM
For 3 Seasons I've been all in on our young guys...Why?
LA Scouts are the best in the NBA...If there's one thing even the haters can give us credit for...is drafting well...
We have been and still are very deep with young talent..
We lost Nance Jr and Clarkson...
No problem...
We draft Mo Wagner and Svi...#reload

cmellofan15
10-05-2018, 11:13 PM
There's nothing really impressive about the Lakers young players.

Proof being, before this huge off-season everyone was game planning on how to unload them for something more useful lmao

GREATNESS ONE
10-05-2018, 11:21 PM
There's nothing really impressive about the Lakers young players.

Proof being, before this huge off-season everyone was game planning on how to unload them for something more useful lmao

Really? Stop. You watched them what 3times last year?

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 12:26 AM
Lonzo Ball is a EXCELLENT defender, very intelligent, reads plays before it happens, jumps lanes and blocks a lot of shots. Heís in the top percintile defensively and was one of the best guards (not just rookies) in the league defensively last year.

yea no doubt i was 100 percent wrong about his defense and was going by it being one of the things that was suppose to hold him back... My point was he says simmons who was suppose to be a bad defender coming in will regress which my point was then if that is the case for simmons then wouldnt that be the case for ball? I mean god forbid these guys are just that good on defense but rocco had an agenda from the first post... I was just trying to show his hypocritical ways

GREATNESS ONE
10-06-2018, 12:27 AM
yea no doubt i was 100 percent wrong about his defense and was going by it being one of the things that was suppose to hold him back... My point was he says simmons who was suppose to be a bad defender coming in will regress which my point was then if that is the case for simmons then wouldnt that be the case for ball? I mean god forbid these guys are just that good on defense but rocco had an agenda from the first post... I was just trying to show his hypocritical ways

Lol get it and Simmons was not a bad defender last year..

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Really? Stop. You watched them what 3times last year?

i actually feel bad for you guys... You have to deal with that crap because of a bad few seeds example this thread. Lakers/wolves/celtics/sixers are all in really great positions yet people try to knock each team down.

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 12:32 AM
Lol get it and Simmons was not a bad defender last year..

yea I tried to tell him that.. Simmons was like 7th in PGs in Real plus minus with ball being top 5... both were elite at their position... He then went on to say simmons doesnt block enough but lead PGS in blocks... He is pretty much all over the place and gets you guys a ton of unneeded hate...This thread was made to bait hawkeye and the wolves but the sad part is it could be a good discussion... the wolves still have arguably the best player who is what like 20? On top of this people forget about other teams that legit still have legit young talent.. Bucks/Knicks... Its a good topic it just has an agenda.

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 12:36 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1

Ball at 3 and Ben at 8.

Rocco007
10-06-2018, 01:15 AM
Partisan talk aside...
I like Simmons and Embiid.. I think they are good for the league...As far as Bball IQ...I initially thought Embiid was a bonehead..but he and Simmons are smart players...Simmons ain't Rondo but he's an alert player..
Unfortunately, if he doesn't find a jumper... NBA teams will find a way to minimize him when it counts...
But when I think of the future prototype..Greek Freak and Ingram come to mind...and I think Ingram has a better touch...Greek is stronger and more explosive right now...But I don't think Ingram is done growing...

Lonzo Ball is an amazing talent...His biggest problem last year was shooting which was his strength coming into the NBA...So I say...He straightens that out this season...He already looks stronger and jumper looks smooth..

Kuzma is a baller and works like he doesn't have a spot on the team..
Keep sleeping...
Guys like Kuzma and Hart will make you respect them eventually....

Julius Randle would still be with us if it wasn't for his bitter Agent...
He's going to crush it in N.O.

FlashBolt
10-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Partisan talk aside...
I like Simmons and Embiid.. I think they are good for the league...As far as Bball IQ...I initially thought Embiid was a bonehead..but he and Simmons are smart players...Simmons ain't Rondo but he's an alert player..
Unfortunately, if he doesn't find a jumper... NBA teams will find a way to minimize him when it counts...
But when I think of the future prototype..Greek Freak and Ingram come to mind...and I think Ingram has a better touch...Greek is stronger and more explosive right now...But I don't think Ingram is done growing...

Lonzo Ball is an amazing talent...His biggest problem last year was shooting which was his strength coming into the NBA...So I say...He straightens that out this season...He already looks stronger and jumper looks smooth..

Keep sleeping...

All that talent and hype and your team barely won 35 games.. I mean, you honestly think Kuzma has a higher ceiling than Simmons based on what? Kuzma ain't an elite shooter. I agree that Ingram is a higher ceiling IMO but most of Embiid's value is being able to do many things at a high level as an NBA center. You can replace Ingram but you can't replace a guy like Embiid so inherently, Embiid's value is already higher as it is. Ingram can no doubt be better than Simmons if Simmons can't develop a shot. My only issue with Ingram is he's not exactly a great shooter as well. The comparisons with KD have been based on physique but KD was a very good shooter heading into the league. Ingram is not.

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 01:49 AM
There is also this that came out recently.... The dude is just starting to work on his shooting... With his size and vision and ball ability he was always told to use those tools.

Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons has presented an explanation on his rather questionable shooting ability. According to the Sixers sophomore, no one has ever formally taught him the fundamentals of shooting the basketball.

This is quite an astounding revelation from one of the best young players in the game today. Simmons recently addressed the press at the Sixersí media day and started off by explaining that in the past, he has never found the need to rely on his shooting.

ďHonestly, Iíve never had anyone teach me how to shootĒ he explained. ďItís something Iím new at so these people saying i canít do this, well obviously I canít because Iím new at itĒ

More-Than-Most
10-06-2018, 02:27 AM
what pisses me off with a thread like this and reading the comments... people just completely ignore how good Towns is.. I am his biggest critic because of his defense but that is something he can work on... He is already one of the best offensive players and rebounders in the league... Also Porz... Porz and Towns are becoming underrated and i argued against these guys but trying to put guys like simmons/ball/ingram/brown/tatum on the level of towns right now is sadly silly.

Legitimate
10-06-2018, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=Rocco007;32583831][B][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR="#4B0082"]So my friends...where are we on this debate 3 seasons in?

Minny?:laugh:
Lakers?
Philly?
Denver?
Boston?
Who else?

Let's engage...

Put up a better young group of players...

Ball
Ingram
Hart
Kuzma
Zubac
Wagner
Zvi

doesn't even consider raptors youngcore and they are already better than lakers, OG, siakim, FVV, wright, norman powel and JV isn't even a finished product yet either, man our bench would beat lakers starters minus lebron anyday

Storch
10-06-2018, 04:33 AM
Kuzma and Ball finished 4th and 6th in Final NBA Rookie Ranking...

Great post bro...them boys need to show us something...anything...
Ball had just as good stats as HOF Jason KIDD rookie...Kuzma averaged 17 pts as a late 1st rounder...
These are the kinds of posts that keeps you popular among Laker haters...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/final-nba-rookie-rankings-this-class-goes-so-much-deeper-than-simmons-and-mitchell/

I dont doubt what youre saying. Im certainly hopeful that our kids will grow up to be superstar hall of famers someday. I just believe that you are jumping the gun wayyyyy too early like you always do. Just like how you LOVE to compare rookie stats, you said nwaba is the next jimmy butler. You were raving and raving about his rookie stats but look where he is now.

Look, i love that you love our lakers, i do too, but they need to prove themselves first.

Please read the post in itís entirety and understand what im saying.

mightybosstone
10-06-2018, 06:32 AM
Partisan talk aside...

Keep sleeping...

I love how you minimize Ball's massive shooting woes last season while really emphasizing Simmons' lack of a jumper in the same post. At least you're making no attempt whatsoever to hide your obvious homerism, but the hypocrisy is kind of a tough pill to swallow.

Chronz
10-06-2018, 09:12 AM
I love how whenever I log on there's not many new threads right now but if there is, it's already a lengthy discussion. Im not gonna try and catch up to this one

Hawkeye15
10-06-2018, 09:58 AM
I love how whenever I log on there's not many new threads right now but if there is, it's already a lengthy discussion. Im not gonna try and catch up to this one

I will catch you up. Lakers are apparently gonna win 75 games due to talent exploding from their eyeballs.

Ur welcome

Rocco007
10-06-2018, 02:49 PM
https://youtu.be/SQDbduUxnfo

Rocco007
10-06-2018, 02:50 PM
https://youtu.be/irgmy549UJI

Rocco007
10-06-2018, 02:54 PM
https://youtu.be/M9CFt5Ud5Zs

Rocco007
10-06-2018, 02:55 PM
https://youtu.be/6oRzH35iokk

Scoots
10-06-2018, 04:06 PM
This troll thread has run it's course when 4 posts in a row are just links to videos.