PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Mavs season

Scoots
10-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Luka and DSJ!

The best talent they've had in years, good coaching, and no more tanking. After the top few guys they are young and interesting.

WaDe03
10-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Nobody is brother!!!!!

ewing
10-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Just want to the see the rookie. Otherwise boring

R. Johnson#3
10-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Luka will win ROY. I assume the Mavs will play him at the 2 mainly?

Rivera
10-04-2018, 12:04 PM
DSG/Wes/Luka/Barnes/Deandre

that is a fun fun core with potential. they are going to be great and a fringe playoff team. too bad they are not in the east.

TheDish87
10-04-2018, 01:34 PM
No way Dirk is coming off the bench

Rivera
10-04-2018, 01:37 PM
No way Dirk is coming off the bench

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doylerader/2018/09/22/dirk-nowitzki-will-likely-come-off-the-bench-next-season-dallas-mavericks/#96b7ec6275e7

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2018/9/21/17888928/dirk-nowitzki-nba-bench-finally-2018

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/21/dirk-nowitzki-will-likely-come-bench-his-final-season

"It's all about winning at the end of the day," Nowitzki said. "Whatever puts us in the best position to win is the way we're going to go. ... If I'm coming off the bench, we better keep a bike ready and a few massage therapists in the back."

try again

Scoots
10-04-2018, 02:40 PM
DSG/Wes/Luka/Barnes/Deandre

that is a fun fun core with potential. they are going to be great and a fringe playoff team. too bad they are not in the east.

It will take a minor miracle to make the playoffs, but they are going to try, and they have that outside chance of making it. In the east I think they would be likely to make the playoffs.

Rivera
10-04-2018, 02:46 PM
It will take a minor miracle to make the playoffs, but they are going to try, and they have that outside chance of making it. In the east I think they would be likely to make the playoffs.

absolutely, they are going to fight for that 8th spot, but will probably finish anywhere between 9-11 but they should be fun to watch

WaDe03
10-04-2018, 02:51 PM
If they have their pick they should rank 1 more yeee:

DSJ
Luka
Barrett
Barnes
DJ

Or

DSJ
Luka
Barnes
Zion
DJ

Then they could be really interesting

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Tank rolls on.

TrueFan420
10-05-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm interested in seeing Luka I think he's gonna be very good

ewing
10-05-2018, 10:38 AM
I'm interested in seeing Luka I think he's gonna be very good

I very interested. I normally don't have any expectations when it comes to international guys b/c all i know what people write online but this kid seems really interesting

Mr.B
10-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Luka will win ROY. I assume the Mavs will play him at the 2 mainly?

Luka is actually going to play a lot at the 4. Hes just a bit under 69 at this point. Carlisle (and Barnes) want Barnes strictly at the 3. At most Barnes will play spot minutes at the 4. Wes will be the starting 2 and obviously Dennis will start at the 1 and Deandre at the 5.

As a Mavs fan Im excited for the season. They wont be as bad as most in this board probably think. They will have a legit shot at that 8th seed with the arrow pointing up. I dont expect them to make any noise in the playoffs if they get there but they will be in position to get that 8th seed.

They are a very well coached team and wont have all those throw away games they had last year where they were tanking on purpose. They traded their 2019 1st round pick so they have incentive to actually try to win as many games as possible and avoid tanking as much as possible.

tredigs
10-05-2018, 10:40 PM
This team will surprise people. Luka will bring immediate impact and DSJ worked out with Curry's trainer all summer (a very smart move, he's going to improve quite a bit). They also somehow were able to hire Haralabob to be the director of their quantitative research and development. A signing that likely cost Cuban a huge sum, but will pay huge dividends for them if they get a hold of his stats and listen to him. DAJ also helps them. They're not a pushover team by any means, and I won't be shocked if they're into the 40's on wins this year (in the East I'd have them as a playoff team, the gauntlet in the West is the only thing that holds me back from being too bullish until next year).

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Mavs won't make the playoffs I still say they are a year or 2 years away at least from making it back into the playoffs. It should be fun to see them try to make the playoffs this season but I think they will fall short considering they have teams like the Clippers, Nuggets, Spurs and possibly even the Lakers to compete with as far as the 8th seed in the West goes as well as the Pelicans and Timberwolves have to be in that convo as well for the 8th spot.

YAALREADYKNO
10-12-2018, 10:41 AM
10th seed for my Mavs is probably realistic

Tg11
10-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Yeah 9th or 10th in the West for me

Scoots
10-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Some team is going to be worse than we expect, some team will be better. The Mavs are not at all likely to make the playoffs, but if everything goes right for them and enough things go wrong elsewhere (OKC may miss Roberson for the seaon and Westbrook's knee may be worse than they are saying ... ) ... maybe.