PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Cavs season

Scoots
10-03-2018, 06:22 PM
This is the best chance to see a post LeBron team where the team has not significantly changed since he left.

Can Love be the fulcrum of the offense from the high post again?

Can Lue coach?

Pretty much every player on the roster had a down year last year ... if only half of them rebound to their average the team will be better than expected by most national people seem to think.

WaDe03
10-03-2018, 06:28 PM
The Heat without him wouldíve been a lot better if not for injuries the next year. The following year they would been ECF bound against the Cavs with the GOAT carrying but then here come the basketball gods with blood clots and injuries again!

ewing
10-03-2018, 06:38 PM
This is the best chance to see a post LeBron team where the team has not significantly changed since he left.

Can Love be the fulcrum of the offense from the high post again?

Can Lue coach?

Pretty much every player on the roster had a down year last year ... if only half of them rebound to their average the team will be better than expected by most national people seem to think.

I will be interested to see them. I have very modest expectations though. I am disappointed that they did not address the one glaring weakness I felt they had last year and look like they are bringing into this year. I wish they had added some more length and athleticism along that front line. Nance gives them some and maybe Cedi can help I really feel like they could be a pretty good team if they plugged that hole in the middle. Love and TT are good players but both are flat footed, then their is Kover. If they try to play those three together you'll see a repeat of last year on D minus LeBron on O.

ewing
10-03-2018, 06:39 PM
The Heat without him wouldíve been a lot better if not for injuries the next year. The following year they would been ECF bound against the Cavs with the GOAT carrying but then here come the basketball gods with blood clots and injuries again!

everyone pokes fun at the Heat but that franchise has had some terrible luck and done a pretty damn good job winning basketball games since the mid 90s

FlashBolt
10-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Love as your best player.
J.R. Smith as the veteran presence.

No one remotely good enough at a high level to get other players wide open shots.

We'll see some players get an increased stat production and then everyone will start saying, "LeBron is holding them back" but the reality is, this Cavs team will be lucky to win 35 games and they certainly aren't making the playoffs. Their defense will suck and they have no one who has superstar or All-Star impact (sorry, I am not a fan of Kevin Love since he constantly disappears in the playoffs).

IKnowHoops
10-04-2018, 01:36 PM
22-25 wins, but excited to watch them play

prodigy
10-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Love as your best player.
J.R. Smith as the veteran presence.

Cavs have quite a few vets on the team. Plus you act like JR has never done anything in this league. He's a former 6th man of the year, hit big shots, played great defense (2016) etc... His minutes will be cut big time with the younger guys needing playing time. But the only really young guys who will be playing big minutes are Sexton and osman. Love, Frye, Korver, Hill are all really nice vets to have.

No one remotely good enough at a high level to get other players wide open shots.

What? lol. They will have struggles as a younger team and playing without Lebron who everything went through. But you don't need Lebron for guys to get shots lol. Their problems will be how consistent are they, closing games, having that big star to take over etc... Like 25 other teams who don't have that type of guy.

We'll see some players get an increased stat production and then everyone will start saying, "LeBron is holding them back" but the reality is, this Cavs team will be lucky to win 35 games and they certainly aren't making the playoffs. Their defense will suck and they have no one who has superstar or All-Star impact (sorry, I am not a fan of Kevin Love since he constantly disappears in the playoffs).

I believe Lebron is the GOAT, but its insane to think some players are not held back by him. I mean Love went from a dominate PF to a decent all-star PF. Guys like Hood and Clarkson who are known good scorers struggled in their short time. great shooters will have great success with lebron, but guys who wanna drive and play make will struggle. Thats not a debate. Lebron dominates the ball and wants shooters around him. Thats not an insult on anyone just facts.

You will have a hard time telling me Knicks, nets, Magic etc... are so much better then the cavs.

ewing
10-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Cavs have quite a few vets on the team. Plus you act like JR has never done anything in this league. He's a former 6th man of the year, hit big shots, played great defense (2016) etc... His minutes will be cut big time with the younger guys needing playing time. But the only really young guys who will be playing big minutes are Sexton and osman. Love, Frye, Korver, Hill are all really nice vets to have.

What? lol. They will have struggles as a younger team and playing without Lebron who everything went through. But you don't need Lebron for guys to get shots lol. Their problems will be how consistent are they, closing games, having that big star to take over etc... Like 25 other teams who don't have that type of guy.

I believe Lebron is the GOAT, but its insane to think some players are not held back by him. I mean Love went from a dominate PF to a decent all-star PF. Guys like Hood and Clarkson who are known good scorers struggled in their short time. great shooters will have great success with lebron, but guys who wanna drive and play make will struggle. Thats not a debate. Lebron dominates the ball and wants shooters around him. Thats not an insult on anyone just facts.

You will have a hard time telling me Knicks, nets, Magic etc... are so much better then the cavs.

What do you think the Cavs rotations look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
10-04-2018, 10:02 PM
I mean they were a 4 seed with 82 games of Lebron. Now they're starting Hill/Hood/Osmand/Love/Thompson. That's a pretty ****** team (middling offense if they mesh well, swiss cheese D), especially with the knowledge that they have no chance to contend in the East. At least they got a top 8 pick with Sexton, but I can't see him having much of an impact in year 1. I'll be slightly curious to see him as well as Osmand and what Love can do as a #1 again (I expect around 24/12) if he doesn't play so few minutes again this season, but that team offers very, very little intrigue to me.

Scoots
10-04-2018, 11:36 PM
I mean they were a 4 seed with 82 games of Lebron. Now they're starting Hill/Hood/Osmand/Love/Thompson. That's a pretty ****** team (middling offense if they mesh well, swiss cheese D), especially with the knowledge that they have no chance to contend in the East. At least they got a top 8 pick with Sexton, but I can't see him having much of an impact in year 1. I'll be slightly curious to see him as well as Osmand and what Love can do as a #1 again (I expect around 24/12) if he doesn't play so few minutes again this season, but that team offers very, very little intrigue to me.

So, you are going to bet the under?

tredigs
10-04-2018, 11:45 PM
So, you are going to bet the under?

No?

Scoots
10-05-2018, 12:08 AM
No?

I just figured as down as them as you seem to be you might. I'm not going to bet, but I think the over is a good bet.

tredigs
10-05-2018, 12:18 AM
I just figured as down as them as you seem to be you might. I'm not going to bet, but I think the over is a good bet.

Nah I'm down on them as particularly intriguing and obviously they're not a playoff team, but at an over/under around 30, I see little edge either way. I also almost never bet over/unders, for me that's putting way too much stock into something that involves the uncertainty of injury and roster turnover. Granted those are bets with low limits.

R. Johnson#3
10-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Theyíll be fighting for 8th

prodigy
10-05-2018, 09:18 AM
What do you think the Cavs rotations look like?

Sexton- Has looked very good and fearless. That includes going against Marcus smart
Hood- Very intrigued to see hood this year. Hes in a contract year and has the skill set to be a good player
Osman- Young energy guy who has an all around game. Lebron loves him.
Love- He's loving life right now.
TT- nance will be on his tail. i expect him to take over mid-season. But These guys has a lot to prove

bench. Nwabi, korver, Hill, Smith, Antiz, nance, Dekker, Clarkson.

I love nwabi** nance and Clarkson. They will be key to the team.

once again, i know certain posters just wanna hate on everyone and everything. I do not expect much from the cavs. I think they will battle for the 6-8 spot in still a bad east. get sweep 1st round. (prob rather them be worse so they get another lottery pick. they may tank)

ewing
10-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Sexton- Has looked very good and fearless. That includes going against Marcus smart
Hood- Very intrigued to see hood this year. Hes in a contract year and has the skill set to be a good player
Osman- Young energy guy who has an all around game. Lebron loves him.
Love- He's loving life right now.
TT- nance will be on his tail. i expect him to take over mid-season. But These guys has a lot to prove

bench. Nwabi, korver, Hill, Smith, Antiz, nance, Dekker, Clarkson.

I love nwabi** nance and Clarkson. They will be key to the team.

once again, i know certain posters just wanna hate on everyone and everything. I do not expect much from the cavs. I think they will battle for the 6-8 spot in still a bad east. get sweep 1st round. (prob rather them be worse so they get another lottery pick. they may tank)

I think if Nancy can take TT's spot and Cedi can shoot reasonably the team can be decent. Feels like that is the way to get both spacing and athleticism out of the starting 5

prodigy
10-05-2018, 09:27 AM
I think if Nancy can take TT's spot and Cedi can shoot reasonably the team can be decent. Feels like that is the way to get both spacing and athleticism out of the starting 5

For sure, i just want a fun team to watch. I know this is a superstar ran leauge and unless you got 2 or 3 you ain't winning lol.

I love bron but he slowed the ball down a lot, dominated the ball and it messed with the other guys up. They can be more free, less pressure of Lebron breathing down their neck if they miss a shot etc... Time for these guys to make a name for themselves. it will be fun and thats all i ask for now.

Scoots
10-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Love was a star when the offense ran through him, will that work in the current NBA with this team? Will they try?

Sexton and Osman are interesting for their potential. And I'm wondering if Hood will recover or just continue to fall apart.

ewing
10-05-2018, 10:22 AM
For sure, i just want a fun team to watch. I know this is a superstar ran leauge and unless you got 2 or 3 you ain't winning lol.

I love bron but he slowed the ball down a lot, dominated the ball and it messed with the other guys up. They can be more free, less pressure of Lebron breathing down their neck if they miss a shot etc... Time for these guys to make a name for themselves. it will be fun and thats all i ask for now.

Is Sexton definitely looking like the starter from the jump? If so that is surprising to me. Hill is still and decent player

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Your team sucks. You won't convince me otherwise.

WaDe03
10-05-2018, 11:24 AM

Flashbolt, itís time to learn to love thy neighbor friend!!!

prodigy
10-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Is Sexton definitely looking like the starter from the jump? If so that is surprising to me. Hill is still and decent player

Sexton has looked great throughout everything so far. Summer league, camps, practices, 1 preseason game. Small sample size but i would say he should be the starter from day 1. Hill is a nice vet to have for sexton. But hill has been below avg last season and went 0-5 last game. I'm afraid his age really hit him hard. I think Lue may start Hill for a couple weeks. But sexton will quickly take over. (unless they tank)

prodigy
10-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Could careless. your response shows how little interest and knowledge you have of the NBA. You just wanna troll and yell ignorant crap. I hope whatever is troubling your life gets better. Enjoy basketball and all the athletes even if its not which ever team you root for now. Clearly the cavs are in a rebuild. hopefully they have some nice young talent to make the rebuild quicker. Somehow get lucky in the draft and snag a superstar. thats what every team hopes for.

Vinylman
10-05-2018, 01:18 PM
The optimism of fans of ****** teams...

always endearing

prodigy
10-05-2018, 01:24 PM

always endearing

Optimism of fans who are front runners is even better :clap:

Scoots
10-05-2018, 02:18 PM

Nice contribution to the discussion.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Could careless. your response shows how little interest and knowledge you have of the NBA. You just wanna troll and yell ignorant crap. I hope whatever is troubling your life gets better. Enjoy basketball and all the athletes even if its not which ever team you root for now. Clearly the cavs are in a rebuild. hopefully they have some nice young talent to make the rebuild quicker. Somehow get lucky in the draft and snag a superstar. thats what every team hopes for.

What are you talking about bozo? You're the one who constantly responds to me when I don't ever bother engaging with you because you're just one of those posters who I think really have a poor understanding of basketball. You admitted Cavs are a rebuilding team. Do you think rebuilding teams are great? No. I stated that Cavs will suck and that's pretty much what most rebuilding teams look like. You seem to be way too emotional, buddy. I said what I said. I think Cavs suck because their roster is dysfunctional and will greatly miss the presence of a true veteran. Don't get personal here, buddy. I'm doing just fine. But if you disagree with the Cavs being sucky, we will all find out when the season starts and ends. Seriously, what's your problem?

Nice contribution to the discussion.

I already stated it in page one, officer.

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:07 PM
And Prodigy, I can't take you seriously enough to warrant wasting my time and finger strokes when I said Cavs lack the veteran presence and you bring up J.R. being a sixth man and a solid defender. Lmao, stop it, please. You guys have been trying to trade him for years and are stuck with him. If he's the "veteran leader" of your ballclub, I think that confirms my point better than anything else. Or, you can continue getting personal because I said, along with many, that the Cavs will suck.

Scoots
10-05-2018, 03:13 PM
I already stated it in page one, officer.

So at that point you can just move on, you don't need to come back just to denigrate the team. And "You won't convince me otherwise" is one of the worst things to say in a discussion. Just move on then since you can't be convinced of anything ... what's the point of being here?

FlashBolt
10-05-2018, 03:17 PM
So at that point you can just move on, you don't need to come back just to denigrate the team. And "You won't convince me otherwise" is one of the worst things to say in a discussion. Just move on then since you can't be convinced of anything ... what's the point of being here?

"Oh, you're right prodigy. Thanks for convincing me that the Cavs will be a good team because J.R. has veteran leadership and was the sixth man of the year. Rodney Hood and Clarkson, yeah, those two will come out of their poor performances and become very impactful players for the Cavs."

Is that what you want me to say? I'm clarifying my position in that Prodigy did not convince me. It was a poor argument so I'm not interested in swaying my view of the Cavs. Now if you got Vee-Rex here to make a more educated argument, I'd listen with two ears. I mean, you're the one who will now turn this into a back-and-forth between us two because you felt the need to chime in with something pointless. At least I'm responding to someone. You're just, well, what are you doing here?

Vee-Rex
10-05-2018, 03:55 PM

Sexton has looked great in the time we've seen him play. Super raw, but you can tell he has some potential. However, I don't blame Lue for rolling with Hill as the starter at this point.

Lue is gonna do his due diligence. Hill, JR, Hood, Love, Thompson will be the starters if healthy.

Why not see what the vets can do and try to squeeze into the playoffs somehow? We don't own our 2019 1st round pick anyway - Atlanta has it. So tanking this year with the kids leading the charge won't do anything, unless we get a top 10 pick (top 10 protected). But with Love and if Hood plays better, that might be kind of hard to do.

I'm really expecting Cedi Osman to have a good year.

Let's fight for the playoffs - if we make it, GREAT. If we suck very badly and are a bottom team, then maybe that'll be enough for our front office to fire Lue and hand over the reins to the young guys for the 2019-20 season.

ewing
10-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Sexton has looked great in the time we've seen him play. Super raw, but you can tell he has some potential. However, I don't blame Lue for rolling with Hill as the starter at this point.

Lue is gonna do his due diligence. Hill, JR, Hood, Love, Thompson will be the starters if healthy.

Why not see what the vets can do and try to squeeze into the playoffs somehow? We don't own our 2019 1st round pick anyway - Atlanta has it. So tanking this year with the kids leading the charge won't do anything.

Let's fight for the playoffs - if we make it, GREAT. If we suck very badly and are a bottom team, then maybe that'll be enough for our front office to fire Lue and hand over the reins to the young guys for the 2019-20 season.

I really don't like that starting front court. It need some energy and size

Vee-Rex
10-05-2018, 04:07 PM
I really don't like that starting front court. It need some energy and size

Zizic has played well whenever he has gotten minutes - summer league, preseason, regular season, all of it.

I suppose the only thing I can really hope for is that we get rid of Lue at the end of this year.

prodigy
10-06-2018, 10:27 AM
What are you talking about bozo? You're the one who constantly responds to me when I don't ever bother engaging with you because you're just one of those posters who I think really have a poor understanding of basketball. You admitted Cavs are a rebuilding team. Do you think rebuilding teams are great? No. I stated that Cavs will suck and that's pretty much what most rebuilding teams look like. You seem to be way too emotional, buddy. I said what I said. I think Cavs suck because their roster is dysfunctional and will greatly miss the presence of a true veteran. Don't get personal here, buddy. I'm doing just fine. But if you disagree with the Cavs being sucky, we will all find out when the season starts and ends. Seriously, what's your problem?

I think we always reply to each other which is whats happening right now lmao! Yes i believe watching a rebuilding team with young talent can def be fun to watch. once again im a true Cleveland sports fan. I have no interest in picking another team to cheer for. Should be fun, i enjoy the game of basketball.

Man, IDK what the issue is with you lol. I just wanna talk basketball. you seem to have deep rooted anger that busts out at people who don't see things 100% your way. Maybe you are working to hard take a vacation. You are the only one saying anything is taken personal. I'm here to talk sports on my lunch breaks.

prodigy
10-06-2018, 10:30 AM
"Oh, you're right prodigy. Thanks for convincing me that the Cavs will be a good team because J.R. has veteran leadership and was the sixth man of the year. Rodney Hood and Clarkson, yeah, those two will come out of their poor performances and become very impactful players for the Cavs."

Is that what you want me to say? I'm clarifying my position in that Prodigy did not convince me. It was a poor argument so I'm not interested in swaying my view of the Cavs. Now if you got Vee-Rex here to make a more educated argument, I'd listen with two ears. I mean, you're the one who will now turn this into a back-and-forth between us two because you felt the need to chime in with something pointless. At least I'm responding to someone. You're just, well, what are you doing here?

LOL, perfect example of people only seeing what they wanna see. Drugs are a powerful drug man. Maybe thats what the problem here is. I will be shocked if JR is on the team by trade deadline. He's def not the vet players will turn to. Hill, Love, Korver, Frye will be those leadership guys. You are just acting as if Smith has never done anything in the NBA. Chill on that lol. Horrible job stating a very wrong opinion. Clearly JR smith is not the leader of the team. Thats dumb to suggest.

You enter a cavs topic with just pure anger and hatred because i wanna see the young guys play and think maybe the rebuild could be faster then some think. Maybe not lol, who knows.

Tg11
10-06-2018, 12:42 PM
I see the Cavs fighting for that 8 seed no higher than that

prodigy
10-06-2018, 01:56 PM

Why not see what the vets can do and try to squeeze into the playoffs somehow? We don't own our 2019 1st round pick anyway - Atlanta has it. So tanking this year with the kids leading the charge won't do anything, unless we get a top 10 pick (top 10 protected). But with Love and if Hood plays better, that might be kind of hard to do.

I'm really expecting Cedi Osman to have a good year.

hill, hood, osman, love, TT. I can'tr image Smith starting over Osman. that would be weird and worth firing Lue for. Smith had his days in the sun. Let the young guys ball. plus Osman at this point is much better.

FlashBolt
10-06-2018, 07:35 PM
I think we always reply to each other which is whats happening right now lmao! Yes i believe watching a rebuilding team with young talent can def be fun to watch. once again im a true Cleveland sports fan. I have no interest in picking another team to cheer for. Should be fun, i enjoy the game of basketball.

Man, IDK what the issue is with you lol. I just wanna talk basketball. you seem to have deep rooted anger that busts out at people who don't see things 100% your way. Maybe you are working to hard take a vacation. You are the only one saying anything is taken personal. I'm here to talk sports on my lunch breaks.

You keep saying it is personal for me but by saying that, you are the one who is taking it personal. Believe me, I have no reason to want to take this personal. There is no attachment of this team to me in any way other than LeBron played for it. Once again, I said your team sucks. How does that make me angry? Is your team great or good? No. My perspective is they suck and I clearly highlighted the reasons why. If you disagree, fine. But don't take it personal yourself and say I'm angry because I have an agenda towards the Cavs or something. You have no clue what you're talking about when you suggest and assume.

LOL, perfect example of people only seeing what they wanna see. Drugs are a powerful drug man. Maybe thats what the problem here is. I will be shocked if JR is on the team by trade deadline. He's def not the vet players will turn to. Hill, Love, Korver, Frye will be those leadership guys. You are just acting as if Smith has never done anything in the NBA. Chill on that lol. Horrible job stating a very wrong opinion. Clearly JR smith is not the leader of the team. Thats dumb to suggest.

You enter a cavs topic with just pure anger and hatred because i wanna see the young guys play and think maybe the rebuild could be faster then some think. Maybe not lol, who knows.

So I'm the one taking it personal but you're assuming I am taking drugs? Hill, Love, Korver, and Frye are the veterans? LMAO, you're making this even worse for any arguments you are trying to make. The fact Love, Hill, Korver, and Frye are veterans on a young team is a terrible sign. But go ahead and keep thinking that's the type of leadership this team needs. Okay, you got me. I'm so angry and hate the Cavs so much so I will say they suck. It's not like the rest of the world thinks that, right? Just me who thinks they suck. Get a clue. Don't ever reply back to me if all you're going to do is say I'm angry or taking it personal. There's no need for me to reply to you when you can't understand what you're even typing.

ewing
10-06-2018, 08:13 PM
You keep saying it is personal for me but by saying that, you are the one who is taking it personal. Believe me, I have no reason to want to take this personal. There is no attachment of this team to me in any way other than LeBron played for it. Once again, I said your team sucks. How does that make me angry? Is your team great or good? No. My perspective is they suck and I clearly highlighted the reasons why. If you disagree, fine. But don't take it personal yourself and say I'm angry because I have an agenda towards the Cavs or something. You have no clue what you're talking about when you suggest and assume.

So I'm the one taking it personal but you're assuming I am taking drugs? Hill, Love, Korver, and Frye are the veterans? LMAO, you're making this even worse for any arguments you are trying to make. The fact Love, Hill, Korver, and Frye are veterans on a young team is a terrible sign. But go ahead and keep thinking that's the type of leadership this team needs. Okay, you got me. I'm so angry and hate the Cavs so much so I will say they suck. It's not like the rest of the world thinks that, right? Just me who thinks they suck. Get a clue. Don't ever reply back to me if all you're going to do is say I'm angry or taking it personal. There's no need for me to reply to you when you can't understand what you're even typing.

u madd?

Scoots
10-06-2018, 09:46 PM
u madd?

I don't understand people who say they don't want to talk about something or that there is nothing to talk about but keep talking about it anyhow.

tredigs
10-06-2018, 11:44 PM

always endearing

Who is your team and what do you expect out of them?

FlashBolt
10-07-2018, 01:49 AM
I don't understand people who say they don't want to talk about something or that there is nothing to talk about but keep talking about it anyhow.

Then do your job and remove the posts (including yours). Or give up your security role and pass it on to someone who can do it effectively.

Scoots
10-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Then do your job and remove the posts (including yours). Or give up your security role and pass it on to someone who can do it effectively.

Did you report an offending post? Mods may have missed it.

Vinylman
10-07-2018, 11:32 AM

to mock and deride idiotic opinions in hopes of educating the ignorant

The idea that every opinion is equal in a discussion is what has led our society to where it is today.

Scoots
10-07-2018, 11:45 AM
to mock and deride idiotic opinions in hopes of educating the ignorant

The idea that every opinion is equal in a discussion is what has led our society to where it is today.

Fair enough, but do you think that was the reason that user continued in this thread? To educate?

Vinylman
10-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Fair enough, but do you think that was the reason that user continued in this thread? To educate?

does it matter? he can only put it out there... they choose what to consume... converting around 1% would do the site good so the effort is worth it.

ewing
10-07-2018, 05:12 PM
does it matter? he can only put it out there... they choose what to consume... converting around 1% would do the site good so the effort is worth it.

Your like a revolutionary

Vinylman
10-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Your like a revolutionary

settle down there Neville Chamberlain...

FlashBolt
10-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Thanks for derailing this thread further. Do mods get penalized for ruining threads? They should.

ewing
10-09-2018, 07:39 AM
settle down there Neville Chamberlain...

Iím no Prime Minister but your self righteous anger may teach me and give me the tools to me something

Vinylman
10-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Iím no Prime Minister but your self righteous anger may teach me and give me the tools to me something

oh the irony...

at least you googled who it is even if you missed the bigger picture.

prodigy
10-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Thanks for derailing this thread further. Do mods get penalized for ruining threads? They should.

Well you enter a topic called "looking forward to cavs season" and just start ripping them with giving zero knowledge. I think everyone knows the cavs will not challenge any of the top teams in the NBA and will battle for a late seed if lucky. Why not instead of insults you bring knowledge. What young players do you like on the cavs? any college kids you are looking forward to seeing and could be good fits for cavs? etc... I believe ur pure hate from earlier posts are not needed or wanted.

Vinylman
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Well you enter a topic called "looking forward to cavs season" and just start ripping them with giving zero knowledge. I think everyone knows the cavs will not challenge any of the top teams in the NBA and will battle for a late seed if lucky. Why not instead of insults you bring knowledge. What young players do you like on the cavs? any college kids you are looking forward to seeing and could be good fits for cavs? etc... I believe ur pure hate from earlier posts are not needed or wanted.

nah... even you admit they aren't anything special this year which makes me wonder... why is it even a thread in the main forum? These are the type of threads the mod usually shut down... not start

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 11:10 AM
going to be a long year for the Cavs. They had a team built around LeBron, without him there its a collection of vets without much promise for the most part.

31 wins.

ewing
10-09-2018, 11:12 AM
oh the irony...

at least you googled who it is even if you missed the bigger picture.

I got it. You justify being nasty bc you think you are smarter then everyone else [emoji3] though I admit I thought you were talking about the character from Harry Potter at first

Hawkeye15
10-09-2018, 11:38 AM
I got it. You justify being nasty bc you think you are smarter then everyone else [emoji3] though I admit I thought you were talking about the character from Harry Potter at first

you mean ol' Neville?

Vinylman
10-09-2018, 11:46 AM

no you don't get it...

you are PSD's appeaser...

get it? probably not

prodigy
10-09-2018, 12:48 PM
nah... even you admit they aren't anything special this year which makes me wonder... why is it even a thread in the main forum? These are the type of threads the mod usually shut down... not start

agreed. its a bait thread. Flash took the bait and started the hate. Should be moved to cavs section. mods are slow.

FlashBolt
10-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Did you even read my first post? You say it's pure hate when literally, most people here believe them to be a poor team. I explained to you why I believe they will suck. You make it seem as if I have something against Cleveland. Is that the stance you really want to take? That I somehow hate Cleveland so much that I write negative posts about them? Get a grip, buddy. I don't have to say your team is going to do well and that there is a lot of optimism. I've said OKC wasn't going to do well for quite some time when Westbrook was the sole star on our team. Am I an OKC hater as well? Oh, boohoo, someone said your team will suck. By definition, there will be many teams to suck every season. It's literally how the NBA works. You guys have a nice young rookie in Sexton and nothing more. Clarkson is an out-of-control poor decision maker, Rodney Hood looks like he has some mental hurdles he needs to get past, George Hill is a nice productive player but constantly injured, and Love is your best player. Let me repeat: Kevin Love is your best player. I'm sorry but if your best player is Kevin Love, you will realize very soon why your team will suck. Like I said, time well tell but I don't care if I am wrong. This is my opinion and if you don't like people saying your team sucks, you should go visit the Cleveland Cavailers forums instead.

FlashBolt
10-09-2018, 05:36 PM
agreed. its a bait thread. Flash took the bait and started the hate. Should be moved to cavs section. mods are slow.

He made this for a few teams. It's far from a bait thread. You're just too illogical to understand why your team, from the outside-looking-in, will say they suck. I believe you should visit a forum that only agrees with you and your beliefs. You clearly don't want any objectivity. Oops, Hawkeye just said they will win 31 wins. I said they will be lucky to win 35. Is Hawkeye a hater?

ewing
10-09-2018, 09:48 PM
no you don't get it...

you are PSD's appeaser...

get it? probably not

Oh you mean he wanted to appease the Naziís like I want to appease Hitler I mean Scoots. Oh my god you are so smart. Iím glad i stayed with it. Bless you!!!

prodigy
10-10-2018, 10:40 AM
You make it seem as if I have something against Cleveland. Is that the stance you really want to take? That I somehow hate Cleveland so much that I write negative posts about them?

yes lol

thanks for at least talking alittle bit about the players and giving some detail on ur opinion. Very little of course but hey its a start. Its so weird you say things like "you will soon realize ur team will suck". can you quote me where i said they will be elite and swept the Warriors in 2 games because they will forfeit from the butt kicking Cavs give them? I'll wait.

Lets not forget this all started when you ripped me for saying I can't wait to watch the young guys like sexton, Osman, Hood, Zizic, nance etc play. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them can be real good players to build around. Maybe not. Who knows. But im excited as a basketball and cavs fan to see talented young guys play with no strings. I'm not picking another team, So ill watch my cavs when they are great, avg or horrible.

prodigy
10-10-2018, 10:42 AM
He made this for a few teams. It's far from a bait thread. You're just too illogical to understand why your team, from the outside-looking-in, will say they suck. I believe you should visit a forum that only agrees with you and your beliefs. You clearly don't want any objectivity. Oops, Hawkeye just said they will win 31 wins. I said they will be lucky to win 35. Is Hawkeye a hater?

If he attacks me for saying i wanna see young guys play then yes he is lol. Otherwise nope. They might not even win 31 games. I believe if they win to many they lose there draft pick. Might just see them tank and sit love a lot.

Vinylman
10-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Oh you mean he wanted to appease the Naziís like I want to appease Hitler I mean Scoots. Oh my god you are so smart. Iím glad i stayed with it. Bless you!!!

yikes... maybe I gave you to much credit....

ewing
10-10-2018, 01:02 PM
yikes... maybe I gave you to much credit....

thank you. In additional to being overly condescending and letting me know how smart you are can you please tell me about how much money you make? Maybe what kind of car you drive. That'd be awesome

ewing
10-10-2018, 01:03 PM
you mean ol' Neville?

yes Neville Longbottom

FlashBolt
10-10-2018, 07:13 PM
If he attacks me for saying i wanna see young guys play then yes he is lol. Otherwise nope. They might not even win 31 games. I believe if they win to many they lose there draft pick. Might just see them tank and sit love a lot.

So I said Cleveland Cavs will suck next year. You're telling me they might not even win 31 games next season. Why are you calling me a hater when you're telling me they might suck as well? You literally make zero sense.

FlashBolt
10-10-2018, 07:15 PM
yes lol

thanks for at least talking alittle bit about the players and giving some detail on ur opinion. Very little of course but hey its a start. Its so weird you say things like "you will soon realize ur team will suck". can you quote me where i said they will be elite and swept the Warriors in 2 games because they will forfeit from the butt kicking Cavs give them? I'll wait.

Lets not forget this all started when you ripped me for saying I can't wait to watch the young guys like sexton, Osman, Hood, Zizic, nance etc play. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them can be real good players to build around. Maybe not. Who knows. But im excited as a basketball and cavs fan to see talented young guys play with no strings. I'm not picking another team, So ill watch my cavs when they are great, avg or horrible.

I'm responding to the thread saying they will suck. Do you disagree or agree? Because you basically admitted they might not even win 31 games. That's all my post was - to say they won't be a good team.

Scoots
10-11-2018, 11:17 AM
But im excited as a basketball and cavs fan to see talented young guys play with no strings. I'm not picking another team, So ill watch my cavs when they are great, avg or horrible.

THIS is the point. I'm a fan of the game and I want to see the Cavs go on. I think this belongs in the main forum because I don't believe people have to hate on teams who are not going to contend this year, nor do I think the only people looking forward to seeing a team after LeBron leaves are Cavs fans.

I've been saying since LeBron left (and getting mostly ripped for it) that I think the Cavs have an outside shot at making the playoffs ... almost as good a chance for the Cavs to make it as for the Lakers to miss the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 11:39 AM
THIS is the point. I'm a fan of the game and I want to see the Cavs go on. I think this belongs in the main forum because I don't believe people have to hate on teams who are not going to contend this year, nor do I think the only people looking forward to seeing a team after LeBron leaves are Cavs fans.

I've been saying since LeBron left (and getting mostly ripped for it) that I think the Cavs have an outside shot at making the playoffs ... almost as good a chance for the Cavs to make it as for the Lakers to miss the playoffs.

Lololol...Lakers have zero chance of missing the playoffs unless Bron gets hurt.

So looks like the Cavs have a little less than zero percent chance of making the playoffs. I would agree with this part.

I will be watching them this year and cheering for them to do well...

prodigy
10-11-2018, 02:25 PM

In a still weak east anything is possible. I def think cavs can easily complete with teams like magic, knicks, nets, Bulls, Hawks, pistons If the young guys plan out like they think.

Tg11
10-11-2018, 07:24 PM
In a weak East I still think Cleveland will end up missing the playoffs but only barely if anything I see them finishing like 9th or 10th in the East

Scoots
10-11-2018, 09:50 PM
In a weak East I still think Cleveland will end up missing the playoffs but only barely if anything I see them finishing like 9th or 10th in the East

The bottom of the east is really a mystery ... I'm somewhat relying on the rumor that the front office told Love they would not tank. If they tank for the pick all this talk doesn't matter.

David Locke, IIRC, has the Cavs making the playoffs and the Lakers missing, and a few other national analysts do too. Talked to a buddy of mine who bets a lot and he said the Lakers fans have totally skewed the Lakers coverage in the press and in Vegas and, he thinks, caused the media to be extra harsh on the Cavs and a litte extra nice to the Lakers. No question it's interesting to me.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 11:01 PM
The bottom of the east is really a mystery ... I'm somewhat relying on the rumor that the front office told Love they would not tank. If they tank for the pick all this talk doesn't matter.

David Locke, IIRC, has the Cavs making the playoffs and the Lakers missing, and a few other national analysts do too. Talked to a buddy of mine who bets a lot and he said the Lakers fans have totally skewed the Lakers coverage in the press and in Vegas and, he thinks, caused the media to be extra harsh on the Cavs and a litte extra nice to the Lakers. No question it's interesting to me.

David Locke couldnít be more wrong. I am very interested as well. My NBA package will get more broadened use this year than ever.

Scoots
10-12-2018, 08:43 AM
David Locke couldnít be more wrong. I am very interested as well. My NBA package will get more broadened use this year than ever.

He got 7 of the 8 top teams in the West right last year, the one he got wrong was the Spurs but Kawhi didn't play. It seems unlikely because of their talent, but young players tend to be up and down and the vets are generally negative in efficiency, so the projection is based on the player's histories.

ewing
10-12-2018, 09:03 AM

the undercard before and inevitable Celtics/Warriors finals is slightly more interesting this year b/c of player movement

Tg11
10-12-2018, 02:22 PM
I don't see the Cavs making it even with Kevin Love, JR, etc. but if they do they will get in as a solid 8th seed but I have them missing out because without LeBron they just don't have what it takes

Chronz
10-12-2018, 07:00 PM
We're about to find out just how good klove is

prodigy
10-13-2018, 09:29 AM
I don't see the Cavs making it even with Kevin Love, JR, etc. but if they do they will get in as a solid 8th seed but I have them missing out because without LeBron they just don't have what it takes

Its not so much without Lebron because 30+ other teams are without lebron. its just the team was built around him. so it will take time to find other play-makers and get rid of the dead weight lebron demanded we resign to bad contracts. Jr, TT etc... It could be a long year. They need Guys like Osman and sexton to prove they are real good players.

prodigy
10-13-2018, 09:30 AM

I mean he played many years before coming to Cleveland lol.

Chronz
10-13-2018, 02:52 PM
I mean he played many years before coming to Cleveland lol.
Where many questions were left unanswered

Chronz
10-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Its not so much without Lebron because 30+ other teams are without lebron. its just the team was built around him. so it will take time to find other play-makers and get rid of the dead weight lebron demanded we resign to bad contracts. Jr, TT etc... It could be a long year. They need Guys like Osman and sexton to prove they are real good players.
The team wasn't built around him, they just couldn't do much to land 2 way players so they settled on specialists and bargain basement players. What lebron demanded brought them a chip but I highly doubt he wanted them locked up as long as they are. From everything everyone has said, Bron wasn't the guy pulling the strings like the puppeteer you are trying to portray.

A guy like love is a great fit for lebron offensively, but defensively he's the primary culprit behind the **** defense, especially when Lue went too far and played him at center to maximize his influence on lebron

FlashBolt
10-13-2018, 03:59 PM

1) Lost a lot of weight.
2) Defense never will get better.
3) Very injury prone the past few years.
4) No longer an effective post player.
5) Too slow to get past defenders.

He'll be a 24/12 player once again but just because of opportunities. I don't see him contributing a quantifiable value in terms of winning or effectiveness.

Scoots
10-13-2018, 06:58 PM
1) Lost a lot of weight.
2) Defense never will get better.
3) Very injury prone the past few years.
4) No longer an effective post player.
5) Too slow to get past defenders.

He'll be a 24/12 player once again but just because of opportunities. I don't see him contributing a quantifiable value in terms of winning or effectiveness.

If he and the team try on D it will be FAR better than last year. Love was a great passer, so that skill could come back and be key to the team.

We'll have to wait, watch, and see what happens. It seems to me the weakest part of the team is the coach ... but who knows, maybe Lue has just been keeping his coaching a secret.

TylerSL
10-13-2018, 07:19 PM
The Cavs are going to be terrible. They will have no ball movement at all, they won't play defense, Lue will do a bad job coaching, and their highly overpaid players will look like highly overpaid players. Cleveland will be lucky to get to 30 wins.

Chronz
10-14-2018, 12:55 AM
If he and the team try on D it will be FAR better than last year. Love was a great passer, so that skill could come back and be key to the team.

We'll have to wait, watch, and see what happens. It seems to me the weakest part of the team is the coach ... but who knows, maybe Lue has just been keeping his coaching a secret.
Love will be worse defensively this year, no?

ewing
10-14-2018, 08:42 AM

No he should be better bc there will be better defenders on the front line with him. Was he better or worse when they re-introduced TT to the rotation in the playoffs? I think he was better. Playing love as a center was a recipe for disaster on D. Why do you think he will be worse?

Scoots
10-14-2018, 09:25 AM

I said the opposite. Love and the Cavs should be considerably better on D.

beasted86
10-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Cavs coach is the biggest issue why they will stink.

They will run an ugly 1000 pick-n-pop per game offense.

"Fighting for 8th seed" is hopeless optimism by homers / eastern conference bashers.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 10:03 AM
I mean the new face of their franchise is definitely Sexton but can Sexton step up especially in his rookie season? I mean especially post-LeBron all eyes are gon be on Sexton this season

FlashBolt
10-14-2018, 11:46 PM
I mean the new face of their franchise is definitely Sexton but can Sexton step up especially in his rookie season? I mean especially post-LeBron all eyes are gon be on Sexton this season

I think most eyes are on Cedi, honestly. Most Cavs fans are expecting a high level of improvement from him and since Lue barely gave him enough opportunities to showcase his ability, with LeBron gone, he'll likely play Cedi over 30 minutes per game.

prodigy
10-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Where many questions were left unanswered

He was a very good player but was unable to make people around him better like a lot of other good players. Didn't win to much. but as a pure basketball player you cant disrespect what he did on the court.

prodigy
10-17-2018, 09:12 AM
I think most eyes are on Cedi, honestly. Most Cavs fans are expecting a high level of improvement from him and since Lue barely gave him enough opportunities to showcase his ability, with LeBron gone, he'll likely play Cedi over 30 minutes per game.

Ya sexton will def be someone to watch and see how he develops over the year. But Osman is a guy people expect good things from. High energy, good defender, All around skill set. The key for cavs is osman and sexton pan out, Love plays more relaxed and free. Then hopefully in the off-season a good player see's the talent and wants to join + have another good draft.

prodigy
10-17-2018, 09:22 AM
The Cavs are going to be terrible. They will have no ball movement at all, they won't play defense, Lue will do a bad job coaching, and their highly overpaid players will look like highly overpaid players. Cleveland will be lucky to get to 30 wins.

They will most likely have to much ball movement lol. I thought in preseason they passed too much. Passed up on some open looks. This will take time to get over. Having Lebron who demanded the ball so much left some guys skidish. They do have quite a few players who can score. just a matter of getting them conformable. clearly not enough to do anything special. Just gotta get those young guys going and build.

We will def see what Lue can do now that he has free roam to coach.

TT and Smiths contracts are so horrible. Neither those guys will contribute much in my eyes. Hopefully they can dump them someway. Think Smith might be up at end of the year. Lebron should have to take those guys with him since he demanded they get resigned.

Chronz
10-18-2018, 12:11 AM
No he should be better bc there will be better defenders on the front line with him. Was he better or worse when they re-introduced TT to the rotation in the playoffs? I think he was better. Playing love as a center was a recipe for disaster on D. Why do you think he will be worse?

Greater offensive workload.
+TT might be washed but you gotta figure they're gonna see what they got with a Love/Nance pairing, which i'm not fond of but the numbers say they crush together, and i suppose its still a plus than being the lone big. Well see how much that matters in today's league.

As far as last year goes, playoffs are matchup dependent but love played about a third of his minutes with TT. They crushed it on the boards to an absurd degree, well see how that holds up in a league valuing offensive rebounds less and less.

I said the opposite. Love and the Cavs should be considerably better on D.
Well they were dog **** last year and their vets are a year older. They got a rookie playing an influential role but Idk **** about him.