PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith:Anthony Davis doesnít want to be in New Orleans

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 10:08 AM

What do you all think? Makes sense to me and New Orleans hasnít been able to get him much help since heís been there.

Iím sure that if this is his last year in New Orleans Boston will try and jump all over it.

IndyRealist
09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
If you read the quote, it's SAS nonsense.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 11:25 AM
I think letting Rondo go had a lot to do with it. I was thinking the other day how amazing Davis would be coupled with another top ten player. I can't think of a better pairing. LeBron/Davis, Durant/Davis, Harden/Davis, Curry/Davis. He's literally a perfect fit on any team.

MygirlhatesCod
09-28-2018, 11:32 AM
He is coming to Oakland

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 11:58 AM
He is coming to Oakland

Probably.

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 12:33 PM
I think letting Rondo go had a lot to do with it. I was thinking the other day how amazing Davis would be coupled with another top ten player. I can't think of a better pairing. LeBron/Davis, Durant/Davis, Harden/Davis, Curry/Davis. He's literally a perfect fit on any team.

Rondo made the game so much easier for AD in the playoffs. Made him unstoppable. Maybe Rondo told AD Iíll meet you over there. Maybe this was all part of the plan to team up in LA.

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Probably.

Everyone is leaving Oakland, Warriors, Raiders and next Aís

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Rondo made the game so much easier for AD in the playoffs. Made him unstoppable. Maybe Rondo told AD Iíll meet you over there. Maybe this was all part of the plan to team up in LA.

It'd have to be a trade, then. Davis is still signed for two more years. I wonder if he starts leaking that he wants to go to another team if Pelicans would start taking offers. They can get a massive haul from him.

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 01:15 PM
It'd have to be a trade, then. Davis is still signed for two more years. I wonder if he starts leaking that he wants to go to another team if Pelicans would start taking offers. They can get a massive haul from him.

Yeah for sure, and LA has the trade pieces and AD has the agent that wants to facilitate such a trade. Everything happens for a reason. Bron ainít wasting his time or wasting years. Davis is going to LA for sure. Not sure when

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 01:18 PM

Davis/Demarcus

WhiteShadow42
09-28-2018, 01:36 PM
SAS is an idiot. The only sport he probably ever played was air hockey. Losing Rondo was big. I was very surprised that they let him go or at least did not offer anything substantial. If LA does not get anyone next offseason then I see LA really trying to trade for him. Boston will go for it also. Wonder if it's just a coincidence that he has Lebron's agent or not. Time will tell.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 01:40 PM
SAS is an idiot. The only sport he probably ever played was air hockey. Losing Rondo was big. I was very surprised that they let him go or at least did not offer anything substantial. If LA does not get anyone next offseason then I see LA really trying to trade for him. Boston will go for it also. Wonder if it's just a coincidence that he has Lebron's agent or not. Time will tell.

Yeah, losing Rondo was a major mistake. He was feeding AD some really easy lobs and because he doesn't shoot the ball often, most of Rondo's impact had a direct correlation with AD's production. AD's gone, IMO. There's nothing for him to prove in New Orleans.

WhiteShadow42
09-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Yeah, losing Rondo was a major mistake. He was feeding AD some really easy lobs and because he doesn't shoot the ball often, most of Rondo's impact had a direct correlation with AD's production. AD's gone, IMO. There's nothing for him to prove in New Orleans.

Yep. He has done everything there is to do. I think he has an opt out in his last year. I think he will get traded next offseason.

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Yep. He has done everything there is to do. I think he has an opt out in his last year. I think he will get traded next offseason.

Thatís why you get AD over to the Show and Let Rhondo run the offense with AD and Bron as his pieces to feed. That should be unstoppable

WhiteShadow42
09-28-2018, 02:56 PM
Thatís why you get AD over to the Show and Let Rhondo run the offense with AD and Bron as his pieces to feed. That should be unstoppable

Rondo and Bron are no spring chickens. If it was this year then I would say hell ya. Next year Ingram will get paid. He will probably be the centerpiece of the offer. His salary should be closer to ADs and Lakers won't have to give up as many rookie contract guys. Lakers are going to give up a lot but that's for a top 5 player.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 03:30 PM

KD is going to the Lakers barring the scenario the Lakers eliminate the Warriors (unlikely). I will put money on it. All signs point to it.

MJNetsIsles
09-28-2018, 03:35 PM

This! (Warriors players.. KD, Klay, etc.)

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 03:50 PM
KD is going to the Lakers barring the scenario the Lakers eliminate the Warriors (unlikely). I will put money on it. All signs point to it.

What if Lakers mid season trade for AD for Ingram/picks?

Saddletramp
09-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Why would he?

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 04:38 PM
What if Lakers mid season trade for AD for Ingram/picks?

:drool: love me Ingram but whatever you want for AD

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Iím starting to think that is what the preseason rich Paul switch is all about...to facilitate the trade.

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 04:49 PM

Stop it, Ingram will be far better than AD.

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Stop it, Ingram will be far better than Wiggins.

Fixed that for yea ;)

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 05:04 PM
Iím starting to think that is what the preseason rich Paul switch is all about...to facilitate the trade.

He did it last year, when KCP signed that 1year 18m with the Lakers. To work business relationships and deliver Lebron. Now AD signs with KlutchSports....

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Why would he?

Why would he not? He'd get significantly less hate coming off a title win and going to the Lakers where he can now help the Lakers win and at the same time, prove to the world that the Warriors needed him. Even if that might not be true, the narrative of Kevin Durant switching teams after he is coming off a three-peat is what will resonate.

WhiteShadow42
09-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Lakers are getting AD and KD. Excuse me while I pull all that money out of my ars. I would love it, but with the cap I don't think that is possible. I'm not a cap guy though.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 05:59 PM
Lakers are getting AD and KD. Excuse me while I pull all that money out of my ars. I would love it, but with the cap I don't think that is possible. I'm not a cap guy though.

Depends on the trades but yeah, it's entirely possible. They can already sign a max for next season so all it would take would be a few players and some picks to match AD's $27 million. Ball would most likely have to be involved in the trade as well as Ingram.

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 06:55 PM
He should go to Miami with Jimmy but idk because Bam will be better.

WhiteShadow42
09-28-2018, 10:34 PM
Depends on the trades but yeah, it's entirely possible. They can already sign a max for next season so all it would take would be a few players and some picks to match AD's $27 million. Ball would most likely have to be involved in the trade as well as Ingram.

If you think itís possible then the Lakers would be scary. At the same time both NO and Gs would be worse. Especially GS.

Cal827
09-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Steph
Thompson
Durant
Davis
Cousins

Sixth Men

Green
Igoudala
Livingston

Who the **** cares about everyone else?

Also, the Warriors fill the paperwork in to officially run as the Monstarrrs

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 11:50 PM
Steph
Thompson
Durant
Davis
Cousins

Sixth Men

Green
Igoudala
Livingston

Who the **** cares about everyone else?

Also, the Warriors fill the paperwork in to officially run as the Monstarrrs

I'm reading over this roster you put up and am thinking, "man that would be impossible." I re-read the names and literally, they have every player but Davis. This team is so fcking stacked lol. All star game should just be the warriors vs everyone else

Saddletramp
09-29-2018, 12:33 AM
Why would he not? He'd get significantly less hate coming off a title win and going to the Lakers where he can now help the Lakers win and at the same time, prove to the world that the Warriors needed him. Even if that might not be true, the narrative of Kevin Durant switching teams after he is coming off a three-peat is what will resonate.

Durant has shown how much of a ***** he is with a capital P(ussy). If it ainít broke, cling to it for life because heís built and heís joined and joining is just like, so much easier, man.

Bostonjorge
09-29-2018, 01:05 AM
Mid season lakers could offer first time All Star in Ingram, rising star in Ball and Pope for Davis.

TrueFan420
09-29-2018, 08:34 PM

Unfortunately of the 3 the A's are staying. It's already done.

More-Than-Most
09-29-2018, 08:40 PM
can anyone actually blame him? If I am AD id want out as well not for the winning but imagine knowing you can go get a max from the knicks and be the poster child of new york and probably play along side kyrie and Porz or run to philly/Clippers and join up with embiid/simmons or butler/KL etc etc etc... It sucks but this is how the NBA is and honestly if I am a guy Like AD who is a top 3 player but doesnt get the media love or the endorsements like the Durants/Lebrons Id go to a new york or LA just for that reasoning.

I argued Lebron against LA because Lebron really didnt need it from a popularity/endorsement level type thing... AD does not get the recognition he deserves because of where he plays... Put him on the lakers or Knicks and he would make bank

jaydubb
09-29-2018, 11:22 PM
I mean.. On the one hand, who the **** would want to stay in New Orleans? But on the other hand, this is being reported by trash *** Steven a Smith which makes me believe the opposite may be true..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Mid season lakers could offer first time All Star in Ingram, rising star in Ball and Pope for Davis.

Celtics and Lakers can offer up a sweet package for AD.

dhopisthename
09-30-2018, 12:19 PM
I mean.. On the one hand, who the **** would want to stay in New Orleans? But on the other hand, this is being reported by trash *** Steven a Smith which makes me believe the opposite may be true..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

seriously on the Steven A Smith thing. Dude just spouts crap for ratings. he doesn't care if its true.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Those guys will say anything without much knowledge of a situation. Any idiot can be right.

smith&wesson
09-30-2018, 12:56 PM
Apparently the pelicans didnít even make an offer for Cousins. And they failed to retain Rondo. That was their best bet of keeping Davis.

They donít deserve Davis. They havenít done enough to keep him there.

My guess is Lakers

Saddletramp
09-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Apparently the pelicans didnít even make an offer for Cousins. And they failed to retain Rondo. That was their best bet of keeping Davis.

They donít deserve Davis. They havenít done enough to keep him there.

My guess is Lakers

Didnít the Pelicans offer Cousins a contract of $40 million over 2 years after the injury? And he said no because he just knew someone would max him out? If I remember correctly and thatís true, he has no one to blame for himself by not getting a contract. And didnít he call GS within a few days of FA? Not like he waited until August; with his Achilles injury he thought someone was going to immediately get a max contract (or better than 2/40) offer the day FA started?

Not retaining Rondo hurt, Iím sure but if the Lakers and Lebron are calling and the Pelicans already have Jrue making a ton of money.......

redsox12
09-30-2018, 03:32 PM
This could be a guy Danny might trade Brown or Tatum for. I'd prefer keeping Tatum over Brown but this could be a interesting package on the trade machine working with the Jazz to make the salary work.

BOS gets Anthony Davis, Joe Ingles

NO gets Jaylen Brown, Robert Williams, Jae Crowder, Thabo Sefolosha, and Marcus Morris

Utah gets Al Horford

After the trade, the starting lineups would look like this.

BOS

SG Smart/Rozier combo play
PG Irving/Smart/Rozier
SF Tatum/Ingles
PF Hayward
C Davis

NO

SG Holliday
PG Payton
SF Brown
PF Crowder/Morris
C Randle

Utah

SG Mitchell
PG Rubio
SF Favors
PF Horford
C Gobert

Tg11
09-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Send AD our way to the Celtics and it be a wrap

LeonFSU
10-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Not retaining Rondo hurt, Iím sure but if the Lakers and Lebron are calling and the Pelicans already have Jrue making a ton of money.......

Their guards and wings outside of Jrue are not great to say the least, so I think losing Rondo will hurt them even more than it should. Plus, they signed Payton to replace him but he canít. Decisionmaking is the key difference there.

goingfor28
10-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Stephen A doesn't know his *** from his elbow. He's nothing more than a talking head just like Skip Bayless, Chris Broussard, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
10-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Stephen A doesn't know his *** from his elbow. He's nothing more than a talking head just like Skip Bayless, Chris Broussard, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nah, Stephen A. has sources. Idk how reliable they are but he's cool with almost every player. They probably **** around with him but I doubt he's at the point of his career where he's pushing fabricated updates.

MygirlhatesCod
10-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Nah, Stephen A. has sources. Idk how reliable they are but he's cool with almost every player. They probably **** around with him but I doubt he's at the point of his career where he's pushing fabricated updates.

really? that's the bit that got him to where he is at.

FlashBolt
10-02-2018, 02:57 PM
really? that's the bit that got him to where he is at.

If he was pushing fake updates, he wouldn't have as many connections around the league. The guy just hears a lot and reports about it. No one survives that long if they push fake stories.. and no one wants to deal with someone who does. Why would ESPN hire someone who lies? It would discredit their entire purpose of "sports reporting." It's why they got Woj - because he adds credibility.