PDA

View Full Version : Your signature LeBron moments

ewing
09-28-2018, 01:08 AM
All true great have signature moments/games that you never forget if you followed there career. I think LeBron deserve a thread where we post what we will remember him for. for me it was him scoring 25 in row to close the Pistons. I remember losing my mind watching that game. I was begging them to do anything to get the ball out his hands. Give up layups, who cares, just get the ball out of his hands. As a LeBron hater i'm am honestly curious what people see as his signature games/moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4z_pCA_6k

mngopher35
09-28-2018, 01:21 AM
Moment: The block - 2016 finals

Game: Boston game 6 - 2012

I loved that pistons one but I won't use it since that Boston game stands out to me too. The game against Boston was amazing for another reason in that it was a point where he choked the last finals and was really taking some heat if you will. He just seemed like he was going to get them a win and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him against some pretty intense pressure (his legacy really took off from that point, lead to his first FMVP/ring). Huge game

nastynice
09-28-2018, 01:40 AM
oh god, that ****in iggy block! Really last 3 game that series, the block is just that **** in a snapshot

I didn't watch the pistons game live, I bet that woulda been nuts.

His first year in miami was nice watching him go through the east, took a clear step forward as a player. I remember him covering mvp rose and just completely shutting him down and changing that series.

He was also the one that kinda finished the spurs to close game 7 wasn't he?

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 02:15 AM
The Block is just sick. Watching it materialize from every angle is gold

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 02:33 AM
It hasnít happen yet but itís coming....

TrueFan420
09-28-2018, 08:53 AM
The decision

Heediot
09-28-2018, 09:54 AM
The decision

touche lol

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Watching game 2 vs Toronto last season in the playoffs was incredible to me, honestly. He kept hitting fadeaway after fadeaway almost taunting the Raptors. I've never seen a franchise so demoralized. The very next game, Raptors come back to a tie late into the game and LeBron hits a game-winning bank shot with one hand. They were rather meaningless games compared to LeBron's history of playoffs games but I enjoyed watching Toronto get beat down.

Chronz
09-28-2018, 11:52 AM
The block is definitely the one, but if he had completed that one dunk in the finals after that when he sealed the game at the line would've topped that moment.

Obvious choices been named so to be different, and because I don't want to put too much thought into this, his game where he stole hca and went up 2-1 without kyrie and love against the warriors will always be underrated. I know he didn't shoot well but his cast had no business even being in position to win a single game much less actually winning them.

Crushing the hawks without love and kyrie deserves a shout too

valade16
09-28-2018, 11:58 AM
The two that stick out to me are the block and his 25 pts vs the Pistons. I think those are his two most memorable moments. Narratively, the first was to show that he was for real and the second was to show he was still for real.

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 12:06 PM
https://youtu.be/OK3JROGKSIQ

Like majority of you guys have said itís definitely the block for me too. Figured Iíd post the video so everyone could relive this iconic moment. God bless you all!!!

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 12:12 PM
https://youtu.be/OK3JROGKSIQ

Like majority of you guys have said itís definitely the block for me too. Figured Iíd post the video so everyone could relive this iconic moment. God bless you all!!!
😂

Hawkeye15
09-28-2018, 12:18 PM
His display against the Pistons woke me up to the fact we were witnessing the greatest pure talent to ever enter the NBA. My brother emailed me something to the degree of, "look out Jordan" the next day. he was right.

The block was my favorite non-Wolves play ever. You could just tell how badly James wanted it that series, and he was incredible. Again, my brother just texted me, "holy ****ing ****" after the block. We both became fans of Lebron around the time everyone hated him for no reason, so it was nice watching him succeed with the Cavs. We take him for granted, expecting nothing but perfection from LeBron, and even then, now and then he just blows you away.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 12:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuoJ_ipNS-8

I never saw anything like this from LeBron so this would be my favorite LeBron moment. Dude was just draining shots like it wasn't even worth his time to play the Raptors.

archdevil84
09-28-2018, 01:55 PM
game sealing top of the key jumpshot vs spurs game 7. Those last 2 games from that series were so insanely nervebreaking holy christ i basically did not sleep for like 3 days

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 02:18 PM
game sealing top of the key jumpshot vs spurs game 7. Those last 2 games from that series were so insanely nervebreaking holy christ i basically did not sleep for like 3 days

I almost died.

Vee-Rex
09-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Too many great moments.

The ones that stick out to me are:

1. The LBJ vs. Big 3 Wizards. Young LeBron stifled them and is the reason those Arenas/Butler/Jamison led Wizards didn't make much noise in the playoffs.

2. Of course, the 2007 ECF vs. the Pistons in game 5.

3. 2009 EC semis vs the Hawks. I think it was game 3, he went in Atlanta against a tough Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Al Horford Hawks team and put up 44/12/8, making some back-breaking/demoralizing shots.

4. 2016 Finals - enough said

5. 2018 Finals run. The game 5 game-winner vs the Pacers, and the game 2 fadeaway 'LeBronto' moment vs. the Raps, the game 3 game-winner vs. the Raps, multiple 40 point games, game 1 50 points in the finals vs the Warriors.

Lots more moments but those stick out to me (the Evil LeBron years don't do much for me).

valade16
09-28-2018, 03:16 PM
Too many great moments.

The ones that stick out to me are:

1. The LBJ vs. Big 3 Wizards. Young LeBron stifled them and is the reason those Arenas/Butler/Jamison led Wizards didn't make much noise in the playoffs.

2. Of course, the 2007 ECF vs. the Pistons in game 5.

3. 2009 EC semis vs the Hawks. I think it was game 3, he went in Atlanta against a tough Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Al Horford Hawks team and put up 44/12/8, making some back-breaking/demoralizing shots.

4. 2016 Finals - enough said

5. 2018 Finals run. The game 5 game-winner vs the Pacers, and the game 2 fadeaway 'LeBronto' moment vs. the Raps, the game 3 game-winner vs. the Raps, multiple 40 point games, game 1 50 points in the finals vs the Warriors.

Lots more moments but those stick out to me (the Evil LeBron years don't do much for me).

Your list reminded me, I think it was against the Mavs, where he had the game winning layup where he basically just went straight to the basket unguarded because the defenders all assumed he'd settle for a jump shot.

Vee-Rex
09-28-2018, 04:14 PM
One of my favorite LeBron dunks wasn't even flashy or anything...

Game 1 of the ECF of 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQWKHK3t38

The Q is typically a pretty quiet arena compared to some of the louder/crazier arenas, but man that place was LIT that game. I felt the buzz through the tv - kinda knew the Cavs were just on a different level than the Raps that year. Game 6 of the 2016 finals might have been the loudest it has ever been with all the announcers having trouble dealing with the noise.

Reminds me of the Browns in First energy... usually very quiet, but the energy Thursday night vs. the Jets when Baker made his debut was INCREDIBLE. One of the most electrifying moments I've seen from a Browns game my entire life (which is kinda sad, I know).

I hope LeBron somehow brings a championship to LA in the next few years to cement his legacy, and when he's ready to call it quits he can come on back to the Cavs to retire with C-town.

Vee-Rex
09-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Your list reminded me, I think it was against the Mavs, where he had the game winning layup where he basically just went straight to the basket unguarded because the defenders all assumed he'd settle for a jump shot.

I can't remember that for some reason...

I do remember when he had the game winning layup vs. the Pacers. George thought he was gonna shoot and he went around him. It was a pivotal point in the series too, IIRC.

valade16
09-28-2018, 04:22 PM
I can't remember that for some reason...

I do remember when he had the game winning layup vs. the Pacers. George thought he was gonna shoot and he went around him. It was a pivotal point in the series too, IIRC.

I think that was it, the Pacers not the Mavs. The defense did not expect him to go hard to the hoop lol

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 04:35 PM
I think that was it, the Pacers not the Mavs. The defense did not expect him to go hard to the hoop lol

2013 ECF game 1 against the Pacers.

Redrum187
09-28-2018, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

My favorite LeBron moment was when he and Wade made fun of Dirk while Dirk (with Jason Terry as his best teammate) and the Mavericks flatten them. It must have been one of the most humbling moments for LeBron and Wade.

JAZZNC
09-28-2018, 05:53 PM
The block he had on Curry in the 2016 Finals. He actually turned around, talked some junk, and let Curry know that he was a little punk ***** and not even close to his level. I loved that he showed that nastiness especially in an era when everybody's butt buddies. It was a reminder to everybody who the best player in the NBA was and he wanted to make sure Curry knew it!

Vee-Rex
09-28-2018, 06:18 PM
The block he had on Curry in the 2016 Finals. He actually turned around, talked some junk, and let Curry know that he was a little punk ***** and not even close to his level. I loved that he showed that nastiness especially in an era when everybody's butt buddies. It was a reminder to everybody who the best player in the NBA was and he wanted to make sure Curry knew it!

https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/gettyimages-540881632.jpg

WaDe03
09-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Little *** n****!!!!!

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 07:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmkorc5IZ0

Don't forget this one.

nastynice
09-28-2018, 09:16 PM
He blocked curry last finals and Curry trash talked HIM, lmaooo

More-Than-Most
09-28-2018, 09:25 PM
The GOAT upset of all time... Down 1-3 with 2 on the Road against the GOAT team and the GOAT player came up the biggest. Lebron ****ing James.

Bostonjorge
09-29-2018, 12:57 AM
July 9 2018

Scoots
09-29-2018, 01:01 AM
LeBron essentially took the NBA from Stern and the agents and gave it to the players. To me that is the biggest legacy he has.

nastynice
09-29-2018, 01:07 PM
LeBron essentially took the NBA from Stern and the agents and gave it to the players. To me that is the biggest legacy he has.

:clap:
Yup

Chronz
09-29-2018, 01:58 PM
He blocked curry last finals and Curry trash talked HIM, lmaooo
Lol. What a spoiled brat

Chronz
09-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Nah. He didn't do anything other stars haven't already

Scoots
09-29-2018, 02:46 PM
Nah. He didn't do anything other stars haven't already

Tom Chambers was the first unrestricted free agent in 1988 and he had to fight to get it. Now superstar players can demand to be traded and get what they want despite it hurting the teams that "own" them (Kyrie, Kawhi, Butler in the last 2 years alone), and do it without fans really getting mad at them. Players being in control of where they play and who they play with was made okay by LeBron.

mngopher35
09-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Tom Chambers was the first unrestricted free agent in 1988 and he had to fight to get it. Now superstar players can demand to be traded and get what they want despite it hurting the teams that "own" them (Kyrie, Kawhi, Butler in the last 2 years alone), and do it without fans really getting mad at them. Players being in control of where they play and who they play with was made okay by LeBron.

KG wanted out and had say how he did it with us before this happened. In fact he told us no to Boston then they got more talent and he changed his mind, he definitely dictated where he played.

Kobe even demanded a trade like players you mention, the difference was LA FO at the time was great and brought talent in to make him happy.

So you are both kind of right actually in that other stars definitely have done it like he said but after Lebron we did see it more too. Part of this is just the generation of players imo and AAU friendships dictating more, along with the way salaries being handed out and guys knowing they get ridiculous payday either way (and max contracts limit some of them either way). Players have had control of where they play for a while if they are good enough but now we are just seeing more and more players believe they are at that level and teams giving in at a higher rate.

Chronz
09-29-2018, 05:02 PM

Now? Lmao, players been forcing trades since day 1 tho. How is bron getting credit for things that have occurred long before his birth?

Chronz
09-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Players have had control of where they play for a while if they are good enough but now we are just seeing more and more players believe they are at that level and teams giving in at a higher rate.
I thought that but I once read a story about a role player forcing himself out too. Obviously more player movement today but that's hardly to brons credit considering it was a CBA issue. Also tmac did that without even being a free agent before kd so I really don't see what someone who wasn't playing has to do with that. Hell wilt got to la without being a free agent. Whenever it comes to lebron, I've learned to not put much weight in the words from gs fans

mngopher35
09-29-2018, 05:58 PM
I thought that but I once read a story about a role player forcing himself out too. Obviously more player movement today but that's hardly to brons credit considering it was a CBA issue. Also tmac did that without even being a free agent before kd so I really don't see what someone who wasn't playing has to do with that. Hell wilt got to la without being a free agent. Whenever it comes to lebron, I've learned to not put much weight in the words from gs fans

I mean it's not impossible for a role player but stars do have a bit more leverage and seem to be more proactive in trying to choose their location while under contract etc. given they are certain they will get paid either way.

It's not like Lebron had no impact on it though either though imo nor do I think he caused that shift individually or dictated something drastically different than many other in the past have (unless you think holding a tv special is literally the reason the nba changed so drastically lol).

A player on goat level status and the game/moment you remember is gonna be that? I have to guess you must have something influencing your thinking here. Haha in his signature moments thread I am not surprised to see a GS fan focus on something like this at all.

nastynice
09-29-2018, 06:25 PM
Lol. What a spoiled brat

lollll!

It's called owning the court.. ;)

It WAS a brat move, I'm dying, lmaooo

Chronz
09-30-2018, 10:59 AM
lollll!

It's called owning the court.. ;)

It WAS a brat move, I'm dying, lmaooo

Shows how easily victory comes to the team but not that they own anything individually, they're clearly inferior players that had to team up to ensure victory. Not just have a legit shot but to make it lacking a challenge

Chronz
09-30-2018, 11:07 AM
I mean it's not impossible for a role player but stars do have a bit more leverage and seem to be more proactive in trying to choose their location while under contract etc. given they are certain they will get paid either way.

It's not like Lebron had no impact on it though either though imo nor do I think he caused that shift individually or dictated something drastically different than many other in the past have (unless you think holding a tv special is literally the reason the nba changed so drastically lol).

A player on goat level status and the game/moment you remember is gonna be that? I have to guess you must have something influencing your thinking here. Haha in his signature moments thread I am not surprised to see a GS fan focus on something like this at all.
Definitely

I want to see his impact quantified because I've been watching the game too long to think he did anything new. We've seen free agents leave, we've seen stars force trades, we've seen restricted free agents threaten their team to not match the offer.
Odom did that to us to get to Miami, then got traded back to la when shaq was orchestrating the move that gave Miami a title ffs. I don't see what bron has to do with anything.
Before bron and wade in Miami, there were grant hill and tmac talking months before free agency about Orlando, add in Tim Duncan and were looking at the original Floridian super team.

cmellofan15
09-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Damon ****ing Jones

nastynice
09-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Shows how easily victory comes to the team but not that they own anything individually, they're clearly inferior players that had to team up to ensure victory. Not just have a legit shot but to make it lacking a challenge

No, it's cuz mind games don't work :)

Actually they do, curry playin em, lol

Heediot
10-01-2018, 09:17 AM
It's these max contracts. If you get Bron 50-60 million and half the cap, let's see all these stars sacrifice and team up. How much power do they have to hold a team hostage. Two guys would take up like 3/4 of the cap or more. Try to get teams to make trades by matching salaries then.

Those old geezers/legends say they wouldn't team up, but I'm not so sure. People will look for competitive advantages and leaks, no matter what the generation. It's easy for these guys to say after the fact, but they grew up in different eras under different cba terms,

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 09:55 AM
It's these max contracts. If you get Bron 50-60 million and half the cap, let's see all these stars sacrifice and team up. How much power do they have to hold a team hostage. Two guys would take up like 3/4 of the cap or more. Try to get teams to make trades by matching salaries then.

Those old geezers/legends say they wouldn't team up, but I'm not so sure. People will look for competitive advantages and leaks, no matter what the generation. It's easy for these guys to say after the fact, but they grew up in different eras under different cba terms,

sure they would. it just wasn't common back then. Classic case of "in my day". I can ****ing guarantee you plenty of guys would have piled together in the Bird/Magic and Jordan reigns, in order to beat them.

valade16
10-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Now? Lmao, players been forcing trades since day 1 tho. How is bron getting credit for things that have occurred long before his birth?

I think LeBron has made it more acceptable to do so from both a business and a fan perspective. I mean, it's one thing when a KG or a Chambers does it, but LeBron is the face of the NBA. When he does it, it's just a bigger deal and changes the culture and perception of the move more.

RowBTrice
10-01-2018, 12:18 PM
His signature moments to me will be crapping on his home city twice and underachieving after stacking his teams.

FlashBolt
10-01-2018, 12:30 PM
His signature moments to me will be crapping on his home city twice and underachieving after stacking his teams.

Mines would be him making Chicago irrelevant, destroying Thibs Bulls, and forcing them to rebuild.

WaDe03
10-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Mines would be him making Chicago irrelevant, destroying Thibs Bulls, and forcing them to rebuild.

Great post neighbor!

WaDe03
10-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Praying for you!

tredigs
10-01-2018, 01:34 PM
When he gave up on his team in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics in 2010, then joined up with 2 of the 3 other best players in the Eastern Conference on Wade's team, then giving up on that team in his first Finals with them and getting dominated by Dirk.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 02:02 PM
When he gave up on his team in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics in 2010, then joined up with 2 of the 3 other best players in the Eastern Conference on Wade's team, then giving up on that team in his first Finals with them and getting dominated by Dirk.

he still takes a dump on Durant

Chronz
10-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I think LeBron has made it more acceptable to do so from both a business and a fan perspective. I mean, it's one thing when a KG or a Chambers does it, but LeBron is the face of the NBA. When he does it, it's just a bigger deal and changes the culture and perception of the move more.
Wilt did it. Kaj did it. Shaq did it. Kobe tried. Duncan nearly left to Orlando after his chip.

Moses iirc too.

Not really seeing it

valade16
10-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Wilt did it. Kaj did it. Shaq did it. Kobe tried. Duncan nearly left to Orlando after his chip.

Moses iirc too.

Not really seeing it

Shaq was the only one that did it as a FA, and he got a lot of flak and there was a perception that he betrayed his team. I don't think it was as accepted and normal to be a superstar and leave your team in FA before LeBron.

tredigs
10-01-2018, 02:11 PM
he still takes a dump on Durant

Never seen KD visibly phone in a meaningful series. I could care less about their standings as players or even what teams a player chooses to join in free agency. KD didn't have to take a paycut to make it work initially either ('Bron/Wade/Bosh did have to). Although he did do that for a year afterwards to hook up Iguodala. Bottom line, when I think of Lebron, that will always be in the foreground, and not his decision to leave Cleveland, but simply giving up on his teams when he was at his absolute peak. Twice. Two years in a row. That's why he will never be GOAT.

IKnowHoops
10-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Never seen KD visibly phone in a meaningful series. I could care less about their standings as players or even what teams a player chooses to join in free agency. KD didn't have to take a paycut to make it work initially either ('Bron/Wade/Bosh did have to). Although he did do that for a year afterwards to hook up Iguodala. Bottom line, when I think of Lebron, that will always be in the foreground, and not his decision to leave Cleveland, but simply giving up on his teams when he was at his absolute peak. Twice. Two years in a row. That's why he will never be GOAT.

I think you misunderstood the question😂

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Did you just give KD credit for the NBA allowing a massive spike in the salary cap?

Cmon Tre, I love ya, but you being a GS fan completely kills any argument you ever make for Durant. You can't help but defend the *****.

KD is such a giver

mngopher35
10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
I think you misunderstood the question😂

Look at scoots answer above lol, it's just the way many GS fans are around here. Heck he brought up exact same thing in Curry/KD thread about Lebron too. They are extreme haters so wanna remember the worst moments of his career, seems obvious to me

Lil Rhody
10-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Watching him almost cry and rip his Cavs jersey off at TD bank. I was there it was one of the greatest sports moments of my life

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
10-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Did you just give KD credit for the NBA allowing a massive spike in the salary cap?

Cmon Tre, I love ya, but you being a GS fan completely kills any argument you ever make for Durant. You can't help but defend the *****.

KD is such a giver

I'm just saying, the on-court effort never swayed from KD. And we can ***** at him for going to GS all we want, but the man did not take a cent discount, and he's been huge for them. It's an entirely different scenario to me if he joined them for $10 mil and **** the bed against the Rockets while the rest of the team carried him to the title. Yes, I do homer for them (mostly to attempt to bring a touch of balance to the never-ending flood of hate), but the guy has delivered, period. They very likely do not beat the Rockets last year without KD.

tredigs
10-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Look at scoots answer above lol, it's just the way many GS fans are around here. Heck he brought up exact same thing in Curry/KD thread about Lebron too. They are extreme haters so wanna remember the worst moments of his career, seems obvious to me

Similar to the above comment on KD, it is about balance. With all the talk over the past year about whether or not Lebron is the GOAT, it's important to remember that he's also had monumental failure of the worst kind (giving up), and they are in fact significant trademarks of his career/legacy. I have him in the top 3 all time and his record as a whole speaks for itself, it does not mean that these instances should be ignored or considered "hating" by the stans.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm just saying, the on-court effort never swayed from KD. And we can ***** at him for going to GS all we want, but the man did not take a cent discount, and he's been huge for them. It's an entirely different scenario to me if he joined them for $10 mil and **** the bed against the Rockets while the rest of the team carried him to the title. Yes, I do homer for them (mostly to attempt to bring a touch of balance to the never-ending flood of hate), but the guy has delivered, period. They very likely do not beat the Rockets last year without KD.

We can't give him a single bit of credit for not taking a paycut in the oddest cap spike we have seen. We can't. That is ludicrous talk.

The ONLY thing I will agree on, is Durant's story isn't finished. If he somehow leads a team to a chip without his decked being so stacked then I will give him some credit. Playing great on a team that didn't need him to win, and a team so good it allows him more freedom than anyone of his caliber has ever seen, just doesn't do anything for me.

mngopher35
10-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Similar to the above comment on KD, it is about balance. With all the talk over the past year about whether or not Lebron is the GOAT, it's important to remember that he's also had monumental failure of the worst kind (giving up), and they are in fact significant trademarks of his career/legacy. I have him in the top 3 all time and his record as a whole speaks for itself, it does not mean that these instances should be ignored or considered "hating" by the stans.

This is a signature moment/game thread from someone you consider 3rd or so all time and you went straight to bashing? Why? Again like that post said it is so obvious why a few of you act the way you do.

4/15, 6 assist, 4 turns, 11 points
6/19, 2 assists, 4 turns, 17 points
3/16, 6 assists, 2 turns, 11 points
4/13, 10 assists, 4 turns, 13 points

These are all game Steph Curry has played in the finals the last 3 years, one of them even being a game 7. There have been plenty of times it looks like he was taken out of games by opponents yet you constantly defend and write it off. Now imagine if a greatest moments/games thread was made, there is no way you are bringing up stuff like this for Curry. Why?

You defend KD when he shut down on his own team to run to GS who literally just beat them. He did so with an MVP next to him already as well he never had to be the main creator or even focus of the defense like Lebron ever was in Cle. He has never really had to carry that type of load in his entire career and needs to run from an MVP type 2nd player to a unanimous mvp on 70+ win team and former champion to ease his burden and finally not drop off so much come playoff time.

I can go on but it is so obvious how one sided you are when it comes to these guys and that plays into why you posted what you did. Defend it all you want as trying to bring balance, it is different than how you would post if it was a GS player though which is obvious to everyone at this point.

R. Johnson#3
10-01-2018, 03:09 PM
One of the moments I haven't seen mentioned is his first game. He was 18 years old and looked like he had been in the league for years. It was especially mind boggling to me because I was high school at the time. It holds no significant value but it was just crazy seeing a teenager who was already that good in his very first game.

tredigs
10-01-2018, 03:17 PM
This is a signature moment/game thread from someone you consider 3rd or so all time and you went straight to bashing? Why? Again like that post said it is so obvious why a few of you act the way you do.

4/15, 6 assist, 4 turns, 11 points
6/19, 2 assists, 4 turns, 17 points
3/16, 6 assists, 2 turns, 11 points
4/13, 10 assists, 4 turns, 13 points

These are all game Steph Curry has played in the finals the last 3 years, one of them even being a game 7. There have been plenty of times it looks like he was taken out of games by opponents yet you constantly defend and write it off. Now imagine if a greatest moments/games thread was made, there is no way you are bringing up stuff like this for Curry. Why?

You defend KD when he shut down on his own team to run to GS who literally just beat them. He did so with an MVP next to him already as well he never had to be the main creator or even focus of the defense like Lebron ever was in Cle. He has never really had to carry that type of load in his entire career and needs to run from an MVP type 2nd player to a unanimous mvp on 70+ win team and former champion to ease his burden and finally not drop off so much come playoff time.

I can go on but it is so obvious how one sided you are when it comes to these guys and that plays into why you posted what you did. Defend it all you want as trying to bring balance, it is different than how you would post if it was a GS player though which is obvious to everyone at this point.

And Steph Curry gets loads of hate for these games. Meanwhile there was a very legitimate narrative to give Lebron Finals MVP in a 6 game losing effort with a 39/31/67 slash. Single teamed intentionally all series mind you. Are you truly failing to see the hypocrisy with this guy and the media narrative?

Concerning KD's move, I still maintain that the only reason why it was seen as so ridiculous is simply because 99.9% of superstars have never had the opportunity to join a dominant team in free agency while not taking a paycut. It's a situation that simply doesn't happen, but I guarantee would have happened dozens of times if the opportunity to do so was there. He got lucky, and so did the Warriors. And I get the hate as well. But that's life. You say I'm one sided, but are flat out ignoring the fact that virtually every post on this subject is hate from the other side of the coin. Again, some balance is important. I could care less if it gives me a homer label to anonymous stans on the internet.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 03:25 PM
And Steph Curry gets loads of hate for these games. Meanwhile there was a very legitimate narrative to give Lebron Finals MVP in a 6 game losing effort with a 39/31/67 slash. Single teamed intentionally all series mind you. Are you truly failing to see the hypocrisy with this guy and the media narrative?

Concerning KD's move, I still maintain that the only reason why it was seen as so ridiculous is simply because 99.9% of superstars have never had the opportunity to join a dominant team in free agency while not taking a paycut. It's a situation that simply doesn't happen, but I guarantee would have happened dozens of times if the opportunity to do so was there. He got lucky, and so did the Warriors. And I get the hate as well. But that's life. You say I'm one sided, but are flat out ignoring the fact that virtually every post on this subject is hate from the other side of the coin. Again, some balance is important. I could care less if it gives me a homer label to anonymous stans on the internet.

I believe you. Seriously. But, it's all about reality, not theory. Durant is a victim of his own actions, as are we all.

tredigs
10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
I believe you. Seriously. But, it's all about reality, not theory. Durant is a victim of his own actions, as are we all.

Which again is why I get the hate and it's all good. I may be a homer, but I'm not an ignorant homer ; )

Just saying, this would not be considered a unique ***** move if this opportunity was available to every top 5 player every year. It would be the norm. And while that is theoretical, it's also common sense to a degree. People just don't like to think about that/admit it.

IKnowHoops
10-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Huh? Very likely donít?...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

mngopher35
10-01-2018, 03:34 PM

From some, then you defend him on a regular basis. That seems very different with Lebron and it is 100% obvious why you take the stance on each you do. Why you came in to bash in the first place etc...

Single teamed? You think it was a bunch of 1v1 and mosgov went off randomly to get that contract? Nah they put Iggy on him and had help waiting/clogged paint on a regular basis knowing there were no threats. They gave Iggy the FMVP and many reasoned it was in part for slowing Lebron down to that level haha. I dunno where you are going but it seems really off base here.

Maybe, I have never denied that is possible. I deal with what we have actually seen players do and judge them off that though which is why I don't ignore that he did it even if it was a rare opportunity. You know what else made it rare? 73 wins. Unanimous MVP. Having a title the year previous on top of that. I know what KD would do in that situation regardless of how many have had the opportunity he still did it.

It's the ridiculous hypocrisy when you look at the different sets of players moreso than the label attached. You lack rational thought and logic on these subjects at this point to be a homer/hater to a pretty extreme level. You call it balanced because you are so biased one way but like I have been pointing out it only goes one way for you with certain standards and excuses for "your side"

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Which again is why I get the hate and it's all good. I may be a homer, but I'm not an ignorant homer ; )

Just saying, this would not be considered a unique ***** move if this opportunity was available to every top 5 player every year. It would be the norm. And while that is theoretical, it's also common sense to a degree. People just don't like to think about that/admit it.

people basically said, "GS isn't good enough!!!!!!?"

Look Durant could cure cancer and I would hate him. Is what it is. He helped (helped I repeat) kill the NBA for me, at least for a while. Why bother watching? GS will win it all yet again this year.

tredigs
10-01-2018, 03:59 PM
people basically said, "GS isn't good enough!!!!!!?"

Look Durant could cure cancer and I would hate him. Is what it is. He helped (helped I repeat) kill the NBA for me, at least for a while. Why bother watching? GS will win it all yet again this year.

Fair enough brother. The NBA is in an incredible spot right now IMO. And I think the numbers/buzz around the league stands firmly on my side with that. The Warriors are also the most popular team in the league. But, I get your side as well. Maybe you'll feel better about it when KD jumps to the Lakers or wherever next year.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Fair enough brother. The NBA is in an incredible spot right now IMO. And I think the numbers/buzz around the league stands firmly on my side with that. The Warriors are also the most popular team in the league. But, I get your side as well. Maybe you'll feel better about it when KD jumps to the Lakers or wherever next year.

well, the large part of it is that I am sick of my team and have an 18 month old daughter. The Wolves piss me off so badly, and there isn't anything out there worth my time to watch now. That and moving back to MN, I don't bother with the NBA package anymore, so I rarely watch other teams.

Chronz
10-01-2018, 04:32 PM
Shaq was the only one that did it as a FA, and he got a lot of flak and there was a perception that he betrayed his team. I don't think it was as accepted and normal to be a superstar and leave your team in FA before LeBron.
I meant when he forced his way to Miami but getting to la was justified by the low ball offer. Bron definitely got more **** but I don't see what that matters.

I really don't care about perception, only reality. Reality is plenty have done what bron did, if society has held him to a different standard then that's irrelevant to me personally. Fanboys and haters grasp at straws, the facts are all I care about. Bron didn't do **** others haven't already, some worse, some better, that society wasn't aware and socially accepting has less to do with bron and more with the fan base. Im sure mj would get crucified today if social media got wind of his retirement threats but its nothing new under the sun

cmellofan15
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Lmaoooo warriors fans seem to be really mad he beat them the ONE time.

Like is it really that hard to just not derail a thread simply because it isnít about one of your players? Or maybe it just hurts because heís leaps and bounds ahead of anyone whoís put on your teamís jersey in your lifetime :laugh2:

FlashBolt
10-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Lmaoooo warriors fans seem to be really mad he beat them the ONE time.

Like is it really that hard to just not derail a thread simply because it isnít about one of your players? Or maybe it just hurts because heís leaps and bounds ahead of anyone whoís put on your teamís jersey in your lifetime :laugh2:

lebron beating them once has been more impressive than warriors beating him three times.

kobe4thewinbang
10-02-2018, 02:58 AM
That one game 3 versus the Warriors (that crazy alley oop, huge blowout win) with Kyrie around was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN75PS8pcoo

That 1-3 comeback was insane. Probably be LeBron's biggest triumph once he's done playing. Game 6 was awesome too, especially with that being the last game in Cleveland. Hell, all three wins were great. Blocking Curry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

Obviously, the Pistons dominance is hard to forget. My favorite is when he hit that jumper in game 7 versus the Spurs. Just solidifed him in my eyes. So much chatter by the talking heads about his lack of "clutch." I remember even Skip Bayless ate crow on that one and gave LeBron props, especially against the Spurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

And obviously when he blocked Iguodala and nearly jammed it over Draymond (hard foul). I recall lots of frustration and playoff defeats as I live in Ohio so we got all the local Cavs games back in the day.

Honorable mention: that fun what-could-be game versus the Wizards:
(he also scored 57 last time around)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-R4UOjpY60

kobe4thewinbang
10-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Watching game 2 vs Toronto last season in the playoffs was incredible to me, honestly. He kept hitting fadeaway after fadeaway almost taunting the Raptors. I've never seen a franchise so demoralized. The very next game, Raptors come back to a tie late into the game and LeBron hits a game-winning bank shot with one hand. They were rather meaningless games compared to LeBron's history of playoffs games but I enjoyed watching Toronto get beat down.Especially with all the "It's Toronto's time" talk, then LeBron just murders them, lol. Again.

kobe4thewinbang
10-02-2018, 03:01 AM
game sealing top of the key jumpshot vs spurs game 7. Those last 2 games from that series were so insanely nervebreaking holy christ i basically did not sleep for like 3 daysOh, yeah. Spurs fans and Skip Bayless will never be the same after that trauma. I was so mad at Ginobili's sloppy play in Game 7.

Vee-Rex
10-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Make a Curry moments thread and I will gush all about him too. I promise. :)