PDA

View Full Version : Celtics vs Lakers: Better team in 18-19

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Lakers added Bron, Beasley, McGee, Lance, Rondo to a nice young core.

Celtics bring back Kyrie and Gordon to solid squad. Which team is better this upcoming 18-19 season. Who would win in a 7 game series?

Jeffy25
09-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Celtics easily

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Celtics by a mile

MygirlhatesCod
09-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Lakers added Bron, Beasley, McGee, Lance, Rondo to a nice young core.

Celtics bring back Kyrie and Gordon to solid squad. Which team is better this upcoming 18-19 season. Who would win in a 7 game series?

Celtics by a few miles. Itís delusional to think otherwise

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Easily Celtics, shouldíve added a poll. 4-0 so far.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Lakers easily

kobebabe
09-25-2018, 12:48 PM
I love that everyone is sleeping on us.....helps our kids prove everyone wrong. They will have no pressure coz everyone else except us fans have such low expectations for us.

Scoots
09-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Celtics

JAZZNC
09-25-2018, 12:58 PM
It's most definitely the Celtics. They were right there with a better LeBron led team last year and add 2 players that are better than anything LeBron has in LA. The team they have in LA will likely look different in a few months, but as currently constructed it just looks weird and doesn't seem to fit together at all.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 01:00 PM
If mods can add a poll please do

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 01:00 PM
I love that everyone is sleeping on us.....helps our kids prove everyone wrong. They will have no pressure coz everyone else except us fans have such low expectations for us.

Itís great let them :sleep:

FlashBolt
09-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Looks like Celtics but way too early to tell. Gotta give LeBron the benefit of a doubt. Both have young potential so it'll depend on how much Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball, Tatum, and Brown progresses. Btw, has anyone seen how big Lonzo got? Dude really hit the weight room since he couldn't play basketball. I wonder why Ingram ain't working out with him

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Lebron is GOAT for a reason. Call me crazy, but I see LA running through Boston.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Lebron is GOAT for a reason. Call me crazy, but I see LA running through Boston.

:nod:

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Looks like Celtics but way too early to tell. Gotta give LeBron the benefit of a doubt. Both have young potential so it'll depend on how much Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball, Tatum, and Brown progresses. Btw, has anyone seen how big Lonzo got? Dude really hit the weight room since he couldn't play basketball. I wonder why Ingram ain't working out with him

:)

kdspurman
09-25-2018, 01:44 PM
If mods can add a poll please do

Done

FlashBolt
09-25-2018, 01:51 PM
I voted Celtics but only because of what I know today. I would not be surprised if Lakers end up being the better team. I don't think people are giving enough credit to the Lakers young talent and numerous players capable of playing various roles and doing so effectively. Kuzma and Hart are old sophomores. Their game will develop quicker than most 19 year old sophomores.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Done

👍

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 02:17 PM
I voted Celtics but only because of what I know today. I would not be surprised if Lakers end up being the better team. I don't think people are giving enough credit to the Lakers young talent and numerous players capable of playing various roles and doing so effectively. Kuzma and Hart are old sophomores. Their game will develop quicker than most 19 year old sophomores.

You should change your name to IKnowHoops

Ishkabibble
09-25-2018, 02:22 PM

Too funny...

R. Johnson#3
09-25-2018, 03:07 PM
I mean Lebron is the best player on the planet and will definitely make everyone around him better but the C's are just too far ahead. They have insane depth and the ability to be versatile at both forward positions.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 03:16 PM
I mean Lebron is the best player on the planet and will definitely make everyone around him better but the C's are just too far ahead. They have insane depth and the ability to be versatile at both forward positions.

You just described the Lakers

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 03:35 PM
Celtics, although not by mile. More like a good bit.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

nastynice
09-25-2018, 03:38 PM
This season, Boston no brainer, lol, wtf a question is that?

Next year la gonna do something tho..

nastynice
09-25-2018, 03:39 PM

It's not that, it's that Boston looks like they could legitimately give gs a run. Boston and Houston are head and shoulders above everyone else, with gs above them.

You gotta take Boston, they are just too good

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 03:58 PM

lmao I was going to say something but I'll just let them all :sleep:

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 03:59 PM
It's not that, it's that Boston looks like they could legitimately give gs a run. Boston and Houston are head and shoulders above everyone else, with gs above them.

You gotta take Boston, they are just too good

see you in the WCF

MygirlhatesCod
09-25-2018, 04:02 PM

Who has he made look better around him?

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 04:29 PM

You voted for the Celtics because itís the clear cut right answer, letís just be real. LeBron/young guys/journeyman vs Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/better young guys/solid vets itís easily the Celtics here. Theyíre far more talented.

cmellofan15
09-25-2018, 04:31 PM
It will be the Celtics. for the 5th year straight btw

Scoots
09-25-2018, 07:57 PM

While I agree that they have potential, I (and apparently you) don't think it will happen this year to enough of an extent to surpass the Celtics.

R. Johnson#3
09-25-2018, 08:18 PM
Both teams are versatile at both forward positions but the Lakers are to a much lesser degree. I also listed players that play one of the forward positions along with either G or C.

Lebron, Kuz, Beasley, Ingram, Lance

or

Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Morris

Neither are done in order. The Lakers clearly have the best player but the C's are way deeper.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2018, 08:19 PM
celtics because they play in the East and they already have an elite system in place... I think the celtics end up with the 1 seed and something like 61 wins where is the lakers win about 50-52 games with say the 4-6seed... Sixers/celtics/Raptors and who else exactly to contend with in the east? sixers are dependent on health and the raptors have to fit with each other now so those are 2 big question marks.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 08:22 PM
Both teams are versatile at both forward positions but the Lakers are to a much lesser degree. I also listed players that play one of the forward positions along with either G or C.

or

Neither are done in order. The Lakers clearly have the best player but the C's are way deeper.

Lmfao ďclearly.Ē

More-Than-Most

its just logic at this point no offense... the celtics have the advantage of playing in the East and all their guys know the system which is 2 massive advantages in this sport. Its hard to bet against lebron but when you play the likes of the spurs/warriors/wolves/okc/jazz/blazers and probably about 3 other teams compared to what the celtics will mostly fight for spots against its just not even fair.

GREATNESS ONE
celtics because they play in the East and they already have an elite system in place... I think the celtics end up with the 1 seed and something like 61 wins where is the lakers win about 50-52 games with say the 4-6seed... Sixers/celtics/Raptors and who else exactly to contend with in the east? sixers are dependent on health and the raptors have to fit with each other now so those are 2 big question marks.

mightybosstone
09-25-2018, 08:23 PM
It's clearly Boston. If you think otherwise, you're either delusional or are a Lakers fan (although if you're the latter, you're probably also a little delusional). That being said, there is a wild card here, which is that the Lakers could make a move to get a second star around Lebron pretty much whenever you want to. If Magic wants Butler, all he has to do is call up the Wolves right now and say, "Ingram's yours. Let's get this thing done."

But as currently constructed, unless Boston has even worse injury issues than they had last season (unlikely) or one of the Lakers' young guys suddenly becomes a star player overnight (also unlikely), I think Boston is almost certainly going to be the better team next season.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 08:24 PM
its just logic at this point no offense... the celtics have the advantage of playing in the East and all their guys know the system which is 2 massive advantages in this sport. Its hard to bet against lebron but when you play the likes of the spurs/warriors/wolves/okc/jazz/blazers and probably about 3 other teams compared to what the celtics will mostly fight for spots against its just not even fair.

Let them all sleep :sleep:

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 08:26 PM
It's clearly Boston. If you think otherwise, you're either delusional or are a Lakers fan (although if you're the latter, you're probably also a little delusional). That being said, there is a wild card here, which is that the Lakers could make a move to get a second star around Lebron pretty much whenever you want to. If Magic wants Butler, all he has to do is call up the Wolves right now and say, "Ingram's yours. Let's get this thing done."

But as currently constructed, unless Boston has even worse injury issues than they had last season (unlikely) or one of the Lakers' young guys suddenly becomes a star player overnight (also unlikely), I think Boston is almost certainly going to be the better team next season.

I know you think youíre right.... but youíre not. Lov ya

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Lakers best Houston 4-3 in the playoffs and THAT will make you believe but probably not ;)

More-Than-Most
09-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Lakers best Houston 4-3 in the playoffs and THAT will make you believe but probably not ;)

Id take lakers over Houston... CP3 1 year older/Harden will find a way to choke and melo will basically be playing for the lakers in a rockets jersey.

ldawg
09-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Lakers

mightybosstone
09-25-2018, 09:22 PM
I know you think youíre right.... but youíre not. Lov ya
You know what's going to happen if you keep talking trash, right? I'm eventually going to have a free hour and am going to go through your post history to find every anti-Lebron thing you've ever said.

Trust me. That moment is coming. :D

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Id take lakers over Houston... CP3 1 year older/Harden will find a way to choke and melo will basically be playing for the lakers in a rockets jersey.

Whoís guarding Lebron James?

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 09:25 PM
You know what's going to happen if you keep talking trash, right? I'm eventually going to have a free hour and am going to go through your post history to find every anti-Lebron thing you've ever said.

Trust me. That moment is coming. :D

Feel Free?... I called Lebron last year to the Lakers and was called a ďLebron loverĒ for a year...(Lakers forum lol).. -_-

I have passionately hated Lebron 90% of his career, have I respected him sure, but ALWAYS will be Lakers first for me. ;)

Feel free and take the hour, take more, being on here for a decade + Iím sure it will take more time :)

That fact is Lebron James rose to the challenge and took on becoming a Laker, shows heís willing to take the challenge & taking thatís Los Angeles Lakers mantle, letís see what happen because he needs to win.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2018, 09:35 PM
Whoís guarding Lebron James?

bruh... havent you seen hardens "improved" defense... clearly all him. Bron is shaking in his boots at the sick james harden D

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 09:38 PM
bruh... havent you seen hardens "improved" defense... clearly all him. Bron is shaking in his boots at the sick james harden D

Lmfao I love the counter whoís guarding Harden like we have chumps on perimeter defense..... sure last years matches but.... start the season!

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:05 PM
Lakers/LeBron fans lol! This **** is funny. Boston is only 2nd to the Warriors this year, book it. 3rd is Houston.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Lakers/LeBron fans lol! This **** is funny. Boston is only 2nd to the Warriors this year, book it. 3rd is Houston.

Lakers are about 8-12 with you right? I kind of just gave up with you because you Legit watched less that 10 Lakers games last year....... and you really donít know this young core.

MTM and I have had our battles but he is watching MUCH more Lakers basketball than you my good friend... and there is nothing wrong with that?..even if MTM hates Lonzo Ball... :)

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Lakers are about 8-12 with you right? I kind of just gave up with you because you Legit watched less that 10 Lakers games last year....... and you really donít know this young core.

MTM and I have had our battles but he is watching MUCH more Lakers basketball than you my good friend... and there is nothing wrong with that?..even if MTM hates Lonzo Ball... :)

Heat (when they get Jimmy)
Warriors
Celtics
Houston
Raptors
Spurs
Lakers/Jazz/Sixers/Thunder

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 11:56 PM
Yea you donít get to getaway that easily (with me) all good ;) think what you want, season starts soon :)

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 12:06 AM
Heat (when they get Jimmy)
Warriors
Celtics
Houston
Raptors
Spurs
Lakers/Jazz/Sixers/Thunder

So was your holier than thou persona fake? SEEMS LIKE IT.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 12:08 AM

or

I would take the Lakers wings so easily. Like super duper easily.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Who has he made look better around him?

Tristan, JR, Norris Cole, Channing Frye, Kyrie Irving to name a few. A guy like Wade isnít going to be better with Bron based on the fact that he got injured often and he was 30. Heís not going to be able to outplay his 22-27 years.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 12:24 AM
LeBron can't make other players better just because he's their teammate. It's up to the player to take advantage of the open shots, practice, and following LeBron's training regime both in/out of the game. You guys take the definition so literal and think that because LeBron is on the team, players will see an increase in all stats. Stats don't dictate how well you play. If you can set a screen and roll to the basket, you've done your job. If you can defend a play and commit to stopping a player, you've done your job. Playing in the Warriors didn't make KD become better. It just allowed him to be more efficient and get better opportunities. Some players can't handle the pressure of playing with LeBron and constantly being expected to perform. But go ahead and misconstrue the meaning of making teammates perform better if it helps your agenda.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 12:40 AM
So was your holier than thou persona fake? SEEMS LIKE IT.

Because I named teams better than the Lakers brother? Does this make me unholier than thou neighbor? MBT was getting very offended so I toned it down a little but now Iíll tone it up again and continue blessing this board because right now it needs it.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 12:42 AM
Tristan, JR, Norris Cole, Channing Frye, Kyrie Irving to name a few. A guy like Wade isnít going to be better with Bron based on the fact that he got injured often and he was 30. Heís not going to be able to outplay his 22-27 years.

JR got much worse lol, Tristan and Kyrie just grew older so improvement was coming regardless, Frye got worse for sure and Norris Cole has always been about the same. Iím hoping he makes these young Lakers guys better

nastynice
09-26-2018, 03:10 AM

I can't take away what Houston and the harden cp3 combo did last year, so I won't knock em a peg, but yea I'm expecting Boston to kinda be the team right behind gs by the team the seasons done

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2018, 09:04 AM
To early to tell. But as of right now Celtics. Laker kids would have to step it up a notch or two to lean towards Lakers. LeBron is the best, but 82 game season shouldering the load will get heavy. Also his team is in the wild west.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 09:40 AM
To early to tell. But as of right now Celtics. Laker kids would have to step it up a notch or two to lean towards Lakers. LeBron is the best, but 82 game season shouldering the load will get heavy. Also his team is in the wild west.

Last year, East vs West teams were .500. They were literally dead even in terms of record. I think it's being overstated. Western Conference has the better top tier teams but I'm not sure that overall, on average, they are that much better.

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 09:44 AM

haha!

Tristan got out rebounded by steph curry in a finals series once so scratch that one!

JR?!?! you mean the guy that lost game 1 because he was high?

Noris cole? who TF is that

Channing frye didnt improve anything

Kyrie's game never improved it progressed....that is until he went to boston and became more efficient.

Lakers fans are the best!

SteBO
09-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Celtics easily

Celtics by a mile

Easily Celtics, shouldíve added a poll. 4-0 so far.

Celtics

This season, Boston no brainer, lol, wtf a question is that?

Next year la gonna do something tho..
I'm with these guys. This will likely be a much tougher discussion next season.

Ishkabibble
09-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Last year, East vs West teams were .500. They were literally dead even in terms of record. I think it's being overstated. Western Conference has the better top tier teams but I'm not sure that overall, on average, they are that much better.

Portland finished 3rd in the Western Conference and were nothing other than an above-average team; absolutely nothing special. Many believed San Antonio, New Orleans, OKC, maybe Minn. would be elite but that turned out to not be the case. There were really only 2 very good teams out West last season.

lakers squad
09-26-2018, 10:46 AM
I got Lakers in 6!

TheDish87
09-26-2018, 10:56 AM
this why i post less and less around here. no one outside of Laker fans believe the Lakers are better than Boston or even Toronto or the Sixers for that matter. Even Lebron said himself the other day the team is so far away.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Glad we know where everyone stands. Got no problem eating crow if Celtics are better than Lakers next season. I just donít see it. Bron is too good and the free agent pickups are money fill ins.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 11:07 AM
this why i post less and less around here. no one outside of Laker fans believe the Lakers are better than Boston or even Toronto or the Sixers for that matter. Even Lebron said himself the other day the team is so far away.

Lmao, no one cares. You're hot garbage when you post anyways.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:12 AM

:ohno:

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Glad we know where everyone stands. Got no problem eating crow if Celtics are better than Lakers next season. I just donít see it. Bron is too good and the free agent pickups are money fill ins.

The free agent pickups are literally nba journeyman who canít stay with one team at this point.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 11:17 AM
The free agent pickups are literally nba journeyman who canít stay with one team at this point.

Thatís because they played on teams that were going nowhere. Donít talk about McGee. He will be a weapon with Bron and Rondo passing to him.

Ishkabibble
09-26-2018, 11:28 AM

Michael Beasley was literally out of the league last year but for whatever reason the Lakers are convinced they just brought in mid-80's Bernard King. Beasley can score the ball....and that's it. He is below-average if not flat-out lousy at everything else. He sat out there as a free agent...again...for a reason. If he's one of the guys the Lakers will be counting on, rotsa ruck!

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 11:30 AM
Michael Beasley was literally out of the league last year but for whatever reason the Lakers are convinced they just brought in mid-80's Bernard King. Beasley can score the ball....and that's it. He is below-average if not flat-out lousy at everything else. He sat out there as a free agent...again...for a reason. If he's one of the guys the Lakers will be counting on, rotsa ruck!

Huh?

Do your research or actually watch last season before you post about last season. Wow, haters spouting off dreams.

Ishkabibble
09-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Huh?

Do your research or actually watch last season before you post about last season. Wow, haters spouting off dreams.

Well, you DO offer such a compelling rebuttal. Got anything...anything...to prove I'm wrong?
"Hater" is what I'd expect a simpleton with nothing to offer to say.
Is it Beasley's 4.8 R's and 1.7 A's or his complete lack of defense that makes him special?
How 'bout the fact he's been on 6 teams in 10 years?

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Well, you DO offer such a compelling rebuttal. Got anything...anything...to prove I'm wrong?
"Hater" is what I'd expect a simpleton with nothing to offer to say.
Is it Beasley's 4.8 R's and 1.7 A's or his complete lack of defense that makes him special?
How 'bout the fact he's been on 6 teams in 10 years?
The fact he played last year and wasnít out of the league

GREATNESS ONE
09-26-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm with these guys. This will likely be a much tougher discussion mid season.

Fixed that for ya :)

GREATNESS ONE
09-26-2018, 11:48 AM

:hi5:

Ishkabibble
09-26-2018, 12:01 PM
The fact he played last year and wasnít out of the league

Not last year but Beasley played with the Shanghai Shark in 2014-15 and the Shandong Golden Stars in 2015-16 so...uh...yeah, he was out of the league.

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 12:42 PM
If the Lakers have a really good year and all their young guys improve, they could finish this year around where the Celtics finished last year missing two star players.

The plan isn't for this to be the Lakers year anyway, right? Why is this a thread?

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Not last year but Beasley played with the Shanghai Shark in 2014-15 and the Shandong Golden Stars in 2015-16 so...uh...yeah, he was out of the league.

Yeah u said last year, which means you didnít watch him last year, which means you donít know wtf your talking about.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 12:45 PM
If the Lakers have a really good year and all their young guys improve, they could finish this year around where the Celtics finished last year missing two star players.

The plan isn't for this to be the Lakers year anyway, right? Why is this a thread?

Lakers year means beating GS. Not beating the Celtics.

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 12:53 PM
Lakers year means beating GS. Not beating the Celtics.

They'll probably get somewhere in the 50s wins. Boston got 55 basically without Irving and Hayward. Everything I said stands. Lakers aren't sniffing the Celtics until they get through GS.

Scoots
09-26-2018, 01:26 PM
I'll be watching.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Huh?

The last time Beasley played with LeBron Spo couldnít play him because his defense was so bad and he always messed up on his rotations.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 02:39 PM
They'll probably get somewhere in the 50s wins. Boston got 55 basically without Irving and Hayward. Everything I said stands. Lakers aren't sniffing the Celtics until they get through GS.

Agree to disagree. La will be better than Boston this season as is.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 02:40 PM
The last time Beasley played with LeBron Spo couldnít play him because his defense was so bad and he always messed up on his rotations.

And

TheDish87
09-26-2018, 02:43 PM

hop off lebrons nuts for a day dude

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 02:52 PM
And

Lmao!!!

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 03:10 PM
hop off lebrons nuts for a day dude

You hate the truth so much...

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Lmao!!!
😂

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Would love to see it. The league is better with a relevant Lakers, even if it makes PSD annoying AF.

Ishkabibble
09-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Yeah u said last year, which means you didnít watch him last year, which means you donít know wtf your talking about.

Look how upset cupcake is?

TheDish87
09-26-2018, 04:54 PM
You hate the truth so much...

what truth? you have been wrong about most things. you said all off season he was coming to Philly

lakers squad
09-26-2018, 05:09 PM
Would love to see it. The league is better with a relevant Lakers, even if it makes PSD annoying AF.
How is it all that annoying when there wouldn't be anything to talk about otherwise this time of year on here!

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 05:16 PM

nobody outside of lakers fans care if they are relevant.

which part of the league gets better with a relevant lakers team?

GREATNESS ONE
09-26-2018, 05:24 PM

Lmao salty

Scoots
09-26-2018, 06:06 PM

It's true that when the traditional major market teams are good the whole NBA benefits. Attendance, merch sales, and exposure improves.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Look how upset cupcake is?

Your soft

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 07:08 PM
what truth? you have been wrong about most things. you said all off season he was coming to Philly

The truth is he owns the league, and you hate when itís apparent.

hugepatsfan
09-26-2018, 10:40 PM

50 wins might be a little ambitious for the Lakers tbh. Thatís how many Lebron led last years CLE team to and LA doesnít have a player nearly as good as Love. They also play in a deeper conference and whoís to say some of their young guys donít struggle to adapt to Bron-ball the way weíve seen lots of guys. Not to mention that they donít even have any starting chemistry really. 40s is definitely possible, probably even likely for LA.

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 11:16 PM
It's true that when the traditional major market teams are good the whole NBA benefits. Attendance, merch sales, and exposure improves.

Where is the proof?......ill wait.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:54 PM
Your soft

Who would beat up who?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2018, 07:06 AM

Two years ago Beasley on the Bucks beat Spurs almost single handedly. Giannis was out with the flu. Middleton and Parker were injured. We didn't have Bledsoe until last year so he wasn't here yet.

TheDish87
09-27-2018, 08:48 AM
The truth is he owns the league, and you hate when itís apparent.

no GSW owns the league lol but you know that

WaDe03
09-27-2018, 10:37 AM
The poll is pretty telling itself. When do we ever see one side of a pool getting 100% of the vote? Even the Lebron homers have voted for the Celtics, this isnít a debate. God bless you all and may we pray Jimmy Butler is traded to the Heat very soon!

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Who would beat up who?

I was talking mentally

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Two years ago Beasley on the Bucks beat Spurs almost single handedly. Giannis was out with the flu. Middleton and Parker were injured. We didn't have Bledsoe until last year so he wasn't here yet.

As I stated before, the mofo hasnít a clue to what he is talking about. Feels like an Amosler or LOL dupe.

TheDish87
09-27-2018, 01:38 PM
his misinformation doesnt suddenly mean Beasley is good. hes not. Neither is McGee, neither is Lance. Rondo is usually a mix of good and bad. Outside of Rondo the others 3 have among the lowest bball IQ's in the league.

Scoots
09-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Looks like not even the Lakers fans believe the Lakers are better. That's fairly realistic for PSD fans.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 02:24 PM
his misinformation doesnt suddenly mean Beasley is good. hes not. Neither is McGee, neither is Lance. Rondo is usually a mix of good and bad. Outside of Rondo the others 3 have among the lowest bball IQ's in the league.

2 of the guys you mentioned are nba champions that started last year in the nba playoffs. How many players on the 76ers are there...

TheDish87
09-27-2018, 03:54 PM
lol do you really need me to list all of the bum *** players who have rings? christ you are unreal.

FlashBolt
09-27-2018, 04:05 PM
2 of the guys you mentioned are nba champions that started last year in the nba playoffs. How many players on the 76ers are there...

McGee is barely getting paid relative to other players and he fits right in perfectly. He's there to block shots, run the fastbreak, catch lobs, and set screens. You won't find many players who can do that as well as he can for that price. I vividly remember him making the Cavs pay in the Finals.

Rondo and Holiday both outplayed Lillard and C.J. so Rondo definitely deserves a lot of credit for that Pelicans team being as good as they were. I wouldn't say Rondo had a superb season but I believe his impact in practice is his biggest contribution. He and LeBron can teach the young folks a lot of valuable lessons.

As for Beasley and Lance:

Beasley is a solid rebounder and scorer. Per36, he's a 20/8 player. Obviously he isn't going to play 36 minutes but it tells me that in shortened 15-20 minute stint, Beasley can provide a boost off the bench. I mean, Cavs played Shumpert like 25 minutes per game and the guy was straight dog poop.

Lance is very underrated, IMO. I think his antics towards LeBron has somewhat turned him into a clown but really, the guy can be versatile and highly rewarding in the most unsuspecting moments. Definitely worth a gamble there. It's just one season, man. I don't know why people act like these guys are signed for long-term contracts. If it doesn't work out, Lakers can sit back and wait for 2019's free ageny.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 04:31 PM
lol do you really need me to list all of the bum *** players who have rings? christ you are unreal.

Your team could use players that started on nba finals team. Bro your comprehension is absolutely shameful. Read bro. I didnít say how many 12th men do you have that won a ring. This is sad if Iím going to have to break this down like that every time. If so I quit now. I donít want to be a part of you throwing around the Lords name in vein just to heighten your fake aó reaction to your own choosing to dumb down what I said so you could answer in kind.

MJNetsIsles
09-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Celtics easily.

TheDish87
09-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Your team could use players that started on nba finals team. Bro your comprehension is absolutely shameful. Read bro. I didnít say how many 12th men do you have that won a ring. This is sad if Iím going to have to break this down like that every time. If so I quit now. I donít want to be a part of you throwing around the Lords name in vein just to heighten your fake aó reaction to your own choosing to dumb down what I said so you could answer in kind.

lololololol you used Javal McGee as an example come on dudeeeeeeee and Rondo was a 4th option whose only job was to pass to 3 HOFers

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 11:05 AM

How many guys on your team have dropped a 40 point triple double? Rondo has...

Rivera
09-28-2018, 11:12 AM
i am shocked this thread is this long tbh

as far as the best players on each team go, after Lebron, id take all 5 celtics starters before id put any Laker

the answer is the Celtics easily

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 12:25 PM
i am shocked this thread is this long tbh

as far as the best players on each team go, after Lebron, id take all 5 celtics starters before id put any Laker

the answer is the Celtics easily

I feel Lebron super charges the Lakers past Boston

Rivera
09-28-2018, 12:32 PM

well it really doesnt matter because there going to play 2 basically meaningless regular season games and not going to meet in the playoffs unless if they are in the finals

The Celtics will finish with a better record, the Celtics will get further in the playoffs, and by those 2 metrics, Boston will be better

MygirlhatesCod
09-28-2018, 12:34 PM

I feel like you should change your name.

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 12:40 PM
well it really doesnt matter because there going to play 2 basically meaningless regular season games and not going to meet in the playoffs unless if they are in the finals

The Celtics will finish with a better record, the Celtics will get further in the playoffs, and by those 2 metrics, Boston will be better

Meaningless? Na. You know youíll be watching

Rivera
09-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Meaningless? Na. You know youíll be watching

of course ill be watching, but in the grand scheme of things? its meaningless. Too many games and by the time they first meet in Feb both should be in spots where they would put themselves in good positions to make the playoffs

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 12:48 PM

Do you really think the Celtics can beat the Lakers in a matchup definitively, though? Cavs were providing minimal help for LeBron in that series, man. Cavs shot 42% and 27% from the field/3P% respectively if we take out LeBron's performances. I feel like the narrative that the Celtics pushed a LeBron team to seven games with Kyrie and Hayward being out is a little bit overstated. It was a great achievement for them to get there but that Cavs team really didn't show up at any level outside of LeBron. There is no question that this Lakers team is better than the Cavs as it is. You said it yourself - Boston has the 2nd-6th best players in a matchup vs the Lakers. While I disagree in that I think it's close between Tatum, Ingram, Kuzma, and Jaylen, comparing the Lakers to the Cavs roster last year, Love will be the 2nd best player but then it would be Ingram, Kuzma, Rondo, Lance, etc., Putting that into perspective, I'm not sure Celtics definitively beats the Lakers in a matchup. I think they have to prove that by adding Kyrie and Hayward back into the lineup, Brown, Tatum, and Rosier will still perform the way they did and that's not always a guarantee.

Rivera
09-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Do you really think the Celtics can beat the Lakers in a matchup definitively, though? Cavs were providing minimal help for LeBron in that series, man. Cavs shot 42% and 27% from the field/3P% respectively if we take out LeBron's performances. I feel like the narrative that the Celtics pushed a LeBron team to seven games with Kyrie and Hayward being out is a little bit overstated. It was a great achievement for them to get there but that Cavs team really didn't show up at any level outside of LeBron. There is no question that this Lakers team is better than the Cavs as it is. You said it yourself - Boston has the 2nd-6th best players in a matchup vs the Lakers. While I disagree in that I think it's close between Tatum, Ingram, Kuzma, and Jaylen, comparing the Lakers to the Cavs roster last year, Love will be the 2nd best player but then it would be Ingram, Kuzma, Rondo, Lance, etc., Putting that into perspective, I'm not sure Celtics definitively beats the Lakers in a matchup. I think they have to prove that by adding Kyrie and Hayward back into the lineup, Brown, Tatum, and Rosier will still perform the way they did and that's not always a guarantee.

I do. just as Kuz/BI/Hart/Zo will grow, Tatum/Brown/Rozier will grow as well, and it seems pretty consensus that Tatum was better than any of the lakers young ins while Brown is debateable (thats my consensus that I read online and here on PSD)

I wouldnt understate those 2 at all. Kyrie gives the offense a go to player that they lacked in the playoffs (drove me nuts seeing Rozier taking more shots than Tatum on many nights) and Hayward provides another long athletic wing to switch while bringing Morris and Smart off the bench. If the Cs wanted to lock down for a minute they could run the starting 5 but put Smart at the point and that has an argument for the best defensive team in the league. But I also dont underestimate the Lakers getting better either, ive said it multiple times, I love their length, their athleticism, and I could see them realistically making the WCF, ive said that multiple times and wont back down from that.

Regular season, sure, anyone can win. Put them in a 7 game series, im very definitive that Boston would win. More depth, better defense, more cohesion, more shooting etc.

One thing I cant prove but I believe is, if Boston had Kyrie and Hayward , they would have beat the Cavs team in less than 7 games

MygirlhatesCod
09-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Isnít that always the story though?

LeBrons teammates never show up....
LeBron always does all the work....
If LeBron has any help.....

Why would anyone think itís gonna be any different now. Love is better than anyone LeBron has right now. That alone should explain what it is. Meanwhile Boston is gettin 2 players that are again better than anything the lakers have right now besides LeBron.

Lakers will not win **** with him! Mediocre team for the next four years!

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 01:00 PM
I do. just as Kuz/BI/Hart/Zo will grow, Tatum/Brown/Rozier will grow as well, and it seems pretty consensus that Tatum was better than any of the lakers young ins while Brown is debateable (thats my consensus that I read online and here on PSD)

I wouldnt understate those 2 at all. Kyrie gives the offense a go to player that they lacked in the playoffs (drove me nuts seeing Rozier taking more shots than Tatum on many nights) and Hayward provides another long athletic wing to switch while bringing Morris and Smart off the bench. If the Cs wanted to lock down for a minute they could run the starting 5 but put Smart at the point and that has an argument for the best defensive team in the league. But I also dont underestimate the Lakers getting better either, ive said it multiple times, I love their length, their athleticism, and I could see them realistically making the WCF, ive said that multiple times and wont back down from that.

Regular season, sure, anyone can win. Put them in a 7 game series, im very definitive that Boston would win. More depth, better defense, more cohesion, more shooting etc.

One thing I cant prove but I believe is, if Boston had Kyrie and Hayward , they would have beat the Cavs team in less than 7 games

They would beat the Cavs but again, that's cause that Cavs team was frickin terrible man. Love was their next leading scorer and he was dropping only 12 points on like 38% shooting. There wasn't a single player on the Cavs roster who really had a lasting impact that series. It was LeBron vs the Celtics as far as what I saw. So yeah, while Celtics will improve a lot because of Hayward+Irving being back into the discussion, it's definitely going to take away the value of the other players and not to mention the fact that I really didn't have high expectations from that Cavs roster so there is no question that the Lakers current roster is infinitely better than that Cavs roster.

Rivera
09-28-2018, 01:04 PM
They would beat the Cavs but again, that's cause that Cavs team was frickin terrible man. Love was their next leading scorer and he was dropping only 12 points on like 38% shooting. There wasn't a single player on the Cavs roster who really had a lasting impact that series. It was LeBron vs the Celtics as far as what I saw. So yeah, while Celtics will improve a lot because of Hayward+Irving being back into the discussion, it's definitely going to take away the value of the other players and not to mention the fact that I really didn't have high expectations from that Cavs roster so there is no question that the Lakers current roster is infinitely better than that Cavs roster.

will it really though? Did KD going to GSW take away his value or lower Steph/Klay/Drays value?

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 01:10 PM
will it really though? Did KD going to GSW take away his value or lower Steph/Klay/Drays value?

That's different, though. Durant and Steph are the only two players who need the ball while Klay and Dray are, not to discredit them but their ultimate value is not needing the ball but being able to impact the game still.

Rosier
Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Brown

Those are five players who have overlapping abilities. With the Warriors, you're only looking at two players who will dictate the pace of the game.

Rivera
09-28-2018, 01:21 PM
That's different, though. Durant and Steph are the only two players who need the ball while Klay and Dray are, not to discredit them but their ultimate value is not needing the ball but being able to impact the game still.

Rosier
Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Brown

Those are five players who have overlapping abilities. With the Warriors, you're only looking at two players who will dictate the pace of the game.

tatum proved he can be a spot up shooter and doesnt need the ball to impact the game, he proved that with Kyrie

Rozier, 6th man, that will be nice off the bench to get another ball handler and not allow the main 5 to drop off

Hayward is an underrated passer, and can be a spot up shooter when needed, he doesnt need the ball to impact the game

Brown can impact the game on the defensive end without the ball

I dont think anyone you listed besides the 2 point guards (who shouldnt be on the floor at the same time with the talent they have) dont need the ball to be able to impact the game

Rivera
09-28-2018, 01:32 PM

Rosier
Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Brown

forgot to add I could make the same argument about the Lakers about need the ball to be effective

Kuz
Rondo
Zo
Lance
Beas

and your not going to get the max value LeBron without him having the ball

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 01:32 PM
I feel like you should change your name.

Change yours to IKnowHoopedmygirl

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 01:34 PM

Iím sure there are real ways to tell which team is better.

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 01:37 PM
forgot to add I could make the same argument about the Lakers about need the ball to be effective

Kuz
Rondo
Zo
Lance
Beas

and your not going to get the max value LeBron without him having the ball

It was more geared towards the Celtics because people assume you can just add Hayward+Kyrie and still expect equivalent contribution from Rosier, Tatum, and Brown. Lakers are already a better roster than the Cavs so I'm not particularly overwhelmed by their ball dominating players. I think it'll allow LeBron to play less minutes and get easier baskets. We'll see, though. Every year there are surprises to be had.

TheDish87
09-28-2018, 01:47 PM
The C's have been a little overrated all off season but that doesnt change the fact they are miles better than the Lakers. Its really sad that this is a thread. its even more sad its been 3 years running of constant laughable laker comparisons that have proven to be wrong every single time no matter how much laker fans try to convince everyone else. i dont understand why they cant just wait til they actually have a leg to stand on? Even Lebron realizes the team isnt very good.

Rivera
09-28-2018, 02:14 PM
i wonder who is going to be the better team between the 76ers and Lakers

TheDish87
09-28-2018, 02:29 PM
def not the Sixers

burtgummer
09-28-2018, 02:49 PM
If it was Michael Jordan in his prime going to the Lakers it would be real tough.LBJ is nowhere near MJ so this is easy
Celtics by a wide margin

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 03:31 PM
If it was Michael Jordan in his prime going to the Lakers it would be real tough.LBJ is nowhere near MJ so this is easy
Celtics by a wide margin

Lmao, the same MJ who was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen? Is that the MJ who will carry these Lakers? Or did you forget Michael Jordan wasn't winning anything for years?

burtgummer
09-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Lmao, the same MJ who was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen? Is that the MJ who will carry these Lakers? Or did you forget Michael Jordan wasn't winning anything for years?
And the same MJ who went 6-0 in the finals ?
You and your boyfriend are in desperate need of a reality check

GREATNESS ONE
09-28-2018, 05:11 PM
:laugh2: fools get so mad

FlashBolt
09-28-2018, 05:37 PM
And the same MJ who went 6-0 in the finals ?
You and your boyfriend are in desperate need of a reality check

You missed the entire point because you're clearly a LeBron-hater. If MJ couldn't carry the Bulls and had a 1-9 record in the playoffs, what makes you think he would've been able to carry the Lakers against the current Celtics? You have no evidence to support your claim. He was 6-0 in the Finals, great. Did he have to face a team half as good as the Warriors? No. Unless you want to claim that the Suns or Blazers were an All-Time great NBA team.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2018, 01:23 AM
You missed the entire point because you're clearly a LeBron-hater. If MJ couldn't carry the Bulls and had a 1-9 record in the playoffs, what makes you think he would've been able to carry the Lakers against the current Celtics? You have no evidence to support your claim. He was 6-0 in the Finals, great. Did he have to face a team half as good as the Warriors? No. Unless you want to claim that the Suns or Blazers were an All-Time great NBA team.

Jazz?

FlashBolt
09-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Jazz?

Best team they faced were the Sonics and Gary Payton was injured.

nastynice
09-29-2018, 01:08 PM

HIS team was the warriors :)

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Best team they faced were the Sonics and Gary Payton was injured.

I watched all those Finals series lol

I really liked that Sonics team and those Jazz were pretty damn good too.

AntiG
09-29-2018, 01:16 PM
its the Celtics, but the Lakers are not far behind them. They have Lebron. The same Lebron that led multiple crappy Cavs team to the finals.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2018, 01:17 PM
its the Celtics, but the Lakers are not far behind them. They have Lebron. The same Lebron that led multiple crappy Cavs team to the finals.

:up: thank you.

AntiG
09-29-2018, 07:47 PM
^ i mean seriously you can throw Lebron on the Suns or Nets and they'll go from bottom-dweller to top 10 in the league. Its the reason I was hoping that somehow Lebron would force his way to Boston via trade during the offseason in order to form a Warrior-killer squad alongside Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford.

The Lakers have Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and added vet that was a bigtime impact player in multiple long playoff runs with Rondo and several good vet role players like McGee, Beasley and Stephenson.

1. Warriors
2. Celtics
3. Rockets
4. Raptors
5. Lakers

TrueFan420
09-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Are there any non laker fans who thinks the lakers will be better than the Celtics.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2018, 08:39 PM
^ i mean seriously you can throw Lebron on the Suns or Nets and they'll go from bottom-dweller to top 10 in the league. Its the reason I was hoping that somehow Lebron would force his way to Boston via trade during the offseason in order to form a Warrior-killer squad alongside Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford.

The Lakers have Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and added vet that was a bigtime impact player in multiple long playoff runs with Rondo and several good vet role players like McGee, Beasley and Stephenson.

1. Warriors
2. Celtics
3. Rockets
4. Raptors
5. Lakers

:up:

IKnowHoops
09-30-2018, 12:54 AM
Are there any non laker fans who thinks the lakers will be better than the Celtics.

I do

Ishkabibble
09-30-2018, 01:05 PM

I agree with this. I think the Lakers will easily be the most fascinating team to watch. The fact that they didn't have to surrender any of their three young guys, plus Hart, gives them a still-to-be-proven but pretty deep roster. And they still have the pieces and the flexibility to make moves at the trade deadline. To me getting Kuzma at 27 is the key; steal of the draft. I think Ingram and Ball will both be good players and maybe Hart as well. I wouldn't put 'em ahead of the Celtics but they're in the neighborhood. To me they could finish anywhere from 2-6 in the West.

Lebron is obviously gonna help a ton and I think it's going to be fun watching him play with Rondo. But in some ways he's such an all-encompassing, sometimes overwhelming talent...he's already the best in every category on that team and he's yet to play a game...you do wonder if his presence could stifle the development of their kids. I know Philly had valid concerns about adding Lebron and in effect taking the ball out of Simmons' hands.

TheDish87
10-01-2018, 09:06 AM

only Lebron homers. asking if the Lakers are a top 10 team would have been a better question.

Rivera
10-01-2018, 09:54 AM
I do

you dont count, you're a LeBron fan along with your Twolves, so by default, your a Laker fan as well right now (until LeBron leaves)

GREATNESS ONE
10-01-2018, 11:12 AM
you dont count, you're a LeBron fan along with your Twolves, so by default, your a Laker fan as well right now (until LeBron leaves)

Lol I donít know, heís really enjoying the Lakers forum and fans. He might just stay lol

Rivera
10-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Lol I donít know, heís really enjoying the Lakers forum and fans. He might just stay lol

shout out to your BI looked way more comfortable out there!

burtgummer
10-01-2018, 04:04 PM
I do
And you don't think that the sick man crush you have on LBJ has anything to do with it?

nastynice
10-01-2018, 05:30 PM
only Lebron homers. asking if the Lakers are a top 10 team would have been a better question.

No, that's equally as bad.

As clear it is that Boston is better, that's how clear it is la is top 10

TheDish87
10-02-2018, 08:45 AM
not really. much less clear

nastynice
10-02-2018, 01:35 PM
not really. much less clear

OK, so warriors, rockets, celtics. Who else can you easily say is better than LA? On par, Philly, Utah, sure, but who is bumping LA out the top 10?

TheDish87
10-02-2018, 03:09 PM
i never said the word easily or that they were or werent. I would put GSW, Houston, Boston, Toronto, Philly, Denver, Utah, Portland, New Orleans, OKC all ahead of them. I know you wont agree with all but that places them at 11 and then you have a case with teams like the Wiz, Bucks, Indy, Spurs, and maybe the Wolves if Butler sticks around.

GREATNESS ONE
10-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Lebron James

nastynice
10-02-2018, 08:44 PM
i never said the word easily or that they were or werent. I would put GSW, Houston, Boston, Toronto, Philly, Denver, Utah, Portland, New Orleans, OKC all ahead of them. I know you wont agree with all but that places them at 11 and then you have a case with teams like the Wiz, Bucks, Indy, Spurs, and maybe the Wolves if Butler sticks around.

So you think Denver Utah Portland NO and okc are all better?

Any kinda sig bet we cam get going with this..? LA ain't gonna finish behind all of them on the standings, LA will beat any of those teams in the playoffs. I'll bet on it

IKnowHoops
10-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Itís LA

LaVar Ball
10-03-2018, 01:55 AM

So basically half of the teams in the NBA are better than a LeBron James led team.

Makes sense

TheDish87
10-03-2018, 08:56 AM
its quite possible. really doubt the Lakers finish better than 6th in the west

IKnowHoops
10-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Lakers will be better

Bron going to be moving freely

Iím predicting he has his overall best scoring year...combination of volume/efficiency

FlashBolt
10-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Lakers will be better

Iím predicting he has his overall best scoring year...combination of volume/efficiency

LeBron in his Heat years began caring a lot about efficiency - maybe to the detriment of his own team at times. He and Wade checked box scores to see who was more efficient, etc., so in response to LeBron being more efficient, I disagree. I think he'll be his same efficient self because he's always been focused on getting the best shot for himself and the team. In regards to moving more freely, I think he needs to give the ball up more. I'd like to see LeBron start making cuts to the basket or sneaking behind defenders like he used to do during Miami. Those were some very easy shots that doesn't take much to get. Looking like LeBron is also playing more defense so it should be interesting to see if he can adjust. His threeball also looks MUCH better. I don't know how but his shot just seems more balanced.

bagwell368
10-07-2018, 07:40 PM
This is even a thing? Lakers are in a tougher conference, with a lesser Coach, GM, and a number of parts that don't fit with his Highness. Celts w/ normal amount of injuries could win 66-68 games. LAL can't manage that.

jaydubb
10-07-2018, 09:28 PM
This is even a thing? Lakers are in a tougher conference, with a lesser Coach, GM, and a number of parts that don't fit with his Highness. Celts w/ normal amount of injuries could win 66-68 games. LAL can't manage that.Very few teams could manage 66-68 wins

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
10-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Very few teams could manage 66-68 wins

Lmao back to the Lakers forum! They donít want your ďlogicĒ out here JD :)

GREATNESS ONE
10-08-2018, 12:23 AM
Lakers will be better

IKnowHoops
10-08-2018, 11:18 AM
LeBron in his Heat years began caring a lot about efficiency - maybe to the detriment of his own team at times. He and Wade checked box scores to see who was more efficient, etc., so in response to LeBron being more efficient, I disagree. I think he'll be his same efficient self because he's always been focused on getting the best shot for himself and the team. In regards to moving more freely, I think he needs to give the ball up more. I'd like to see LeBron start making cuts to the basket or sneaking behind defenders like he used to do during Miami. Those were some very easy shots that doesn't take much to get. Looking like LeBron is also playing more defense so it should be interesting to see if he can adjust. His threeball also looks MUCH better. I don't know how but his shot just seems more balanced.

That last part you said...is why he will be even more efficient. As long as he keeps working on his game every year, he can still improve while heís still this athletic.

IKnowHoops
10-08-2018, 11:19 AM
This is even a thing? Lakers are in a tougher conference, with a lesser Coach, GM, and a number of parts that don't fit with his Highness. Celts w/ normal amount of injuries could win 66-68 games. LAL can't manage that.

😂 bet...you name it.

FlashBolt
10-08-2018, 06:11 PM
That last part you said...is why he will be even more efficient. As long as he keeps working on his game every year, he can still improve while heís still this athletic.

He doesn't take enough for it to sway heavily. He's always been efficient because he seeks the efficient shots. The only difference this season is if he can play off-ball and get some easier cuts to the basket and whatever but I suspect he'll be in the 53-55% range this season regardless of who's in his team.

TheDish87
10-10-2018, 08:36 AM

66-68 wins is really extreme even with 0 injuries

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Itís the Lakers

TheDish87
10-11-2018, 12:44 PM
no its not. give it a rest, lebron homer. enjoy the 6 seed and first round exit.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 12:48 PM
no its not. give it a rest, lebron homer. enjoy the 6 seed and first round exit.

Lebron realist...you are just a hater...got PG13 finishing ahead of Bron for mvp gtfoh

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 01:05 PM

lmfao

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Lebron realist...you are just a hater...got PG13 finishing ahead of Bron for mvp gtfoh

He doesn't even have Lebron in the MVP conversation... :laugh2:

TheDish87
10-11-2018, 01:42 PM

i didnt rank anyone i just mentioned PG as someone i think can bcuz i think OKC is gonna contend for a top 3 seed. Ya boy aint winnin MVP on a team that finishes without HCA.

TheDish87
10-11-2018, 01:42 PM
He doesn't even have Lebron in the MVP conversation... :laugh2:

you have to be on a team thats in contention so i mean why would i?

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 01:47 PM
you have to be on a team thats in contention so i mean why would i?

Russell Westbrook says hi

TheDish87
10-11-2018, 02:57 PM
i literally just said i think OKC contends for a top 3 seed. i dont get why you laker losers get so offended when someone doesnt blow the team on here. Its a mediocre team that surrounds the best player in the game with journeymen headcases and undeveloped youth. Ive even said a few pages back if La finished in that top 3 lebron is gonna win the mvp buuuuuut i think its incredibly unlikely. get over it.

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 05:39 PM
i literally just said i think OKC contends for a top 3 seed. i dont get why you laker losers get so offended when someone doesnt blow the team on here. Its a mediocre team that surrounds the best player in the game with journeymen headcases and undeveloped youth. Ive even said a few pages back if La finished in that top 3 lebron is gonna win the mvp buuuuuut i think its incredibly unlikely. get over it.

Lakers > 76ers

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 10:54 PM

Dang your not smart. How close to contention was RUSSELL WESTBROOK when he won the mvp 2 years ago...and again Russel Westbrook says hi... loser

TheDish87
10-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Lakers > 76ers

lol lakers > everyone in your world. cant even have a reasonable discussion without a bunch of homer nonsense.

TheDish87
10-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Dang your not smart. How close to contention was RUSSELL WESTBROOK when he won the mvp 2 years ago...and again Russel Westbrook says hi... loser

the man averaged a triple double for 82 games. you cant bet his ****ing dense on a daily basis, can you? at least you just admitted the lakers wont be contending so thats a start

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 09:14 AM
the man averaged a triple double for 82 games. you cant bet his ****ing dense on a daily basis, can you? at least you just admitted the lakers wont be contending so thats a start

You dumb óó. I didnít admit óó. You just admitted you were wrong though...Russ says hi moron.

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 09:17 AM
lol lakers > everyone in your world. cant even have a reasonable discussion without a bunch of homer nonsense.

You just switched like a hitter. You say he has to contend. Then I bring up Russ. First you donít even know that Iím talking about a past mvp. Then when you finally realize Russ win the mvp and his team didnít contend, you immediately drop the ďhave to contend stanceĒ. And automatically go make my point as if it was obvious, telling me he balled out.

MygirlhatesCod
10-12-2018, 09:19 AM
why is this still a thing?

the poll already supports the obvious.

GREATNESS ONE
10-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Well yea, I mean in fandom but right now... pre season rankings.

GSW HOU BOS > Lakers > 76ers

In rankings :)

AIRMAR72
10-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Correct

TheDish87
10-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Stfu

You just switched like a hitter. You say he has to contend. Then I bring up Russ. First you donít even know that Iím talking about a past mvp. Then when you finally realize Russ win the mvp and his team didnít contend, you immediately drop the ďhave to contend stanceĒ. And automatically go make my point as if it was obvious, telling me he balled out.

you gave me 1 single example who happened to accomplish one of the rarest regular season accomplishments ever.

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 11:38 AM
you gave me 1 single example who happened to accomplish one of the rarest regular season accomplishments ever.

As if Bron hadnít had better seasons. Last year he had a better season. Russ averaged a triple double this year and what happened? Itís narrative. Brons in a great narrative right now.

nastynice
10-12-2018, 03:38 PM
You guys argue like whiny girls

And by you, I mean IKnowHoops

rc33
10-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Correct

LMAO.

I just hope the Celtics have courage enough to show up for the game.

IKnowHoops
10-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Celtics vs Lakers would be an amazing opening night for a plethora of reasons, but I think based on what happened the last time the Celtics opened up against Lebron, you would want to stay as far away as possible from that kind of energy in the air.

Rocco007
10-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Well it's not about talent as much as it is about schemes/coaching...
HC Luke Walton has some catching up to do vs Brad Stevens...He gets the most out of his players...He's the real deal..

Now I do know that we have the Defending Champs GSWs' full attention after these last 2 preseason games...
Our depth is ridiculous.
We can run anyone out the gym...
I can't wait...
The Warriors know this is personal...but all about good competition...
Luke has taken the GSW Blue Print and taken it to another level...
We can probably play 15 guys a night if we had to...
Our bench plays like our starters...and we have a wave of ball hawks defensively...
It's a system...
The one thing that can beat overall talent is speed and defense.
If we have waves of fresh legs being thrown at KD, Curry, Klay and Green....They will wear down eventually...

I like what I see...

jaydubb
10-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Laker fan here. I'm excited for this season, excited that the lakers have a star player once again and the laker kids seem to have all developed well over the season. I expect the lakers to be a much better team than they were last year given the progression of the young players and adding lebron, rondo, stephenson, and mcgee.

That being said, I just feel like the celtics will be a better team overall going into the 2018-2019 season. Let's not forget that the celtics won 55 games last year and add an all star player this year to last years team (gordon Hayward). The celtics also play in the weak east and the lakers play in the stacked west, so I feel like record wise the celtics have the advantage. I really like the team my lakers have, but I really feel like it'll take a bit of time to come together, especially since the majority of the core of the team is 22 years old or under.

This year celtics imo. After this year, who knows.

nastynice
10-14-2018, 04:41 AM
Well it's not about talent as much as it is about schemes/coaching...
HC Luke Walton has some catching up to do vs Brad Stevens...He gets the most out of his players...He's the real deal..

Now I do know that we have the Defending Champs GSWs' full attention after these last 2 preseason games...
Our depth is ridiculous.
We can run anyone out the gym...
I can't wait...
The Warriors know this is personal...but all about good competition...
Luke has taken the GSW Blue Print and taken it to another level...
We can probably play 15 guys a night if we had to...
Our bench plays like our starters...and we have a wave of ball hawks defensively...
It's a system...
The one thing that can beat overall talent is speed and defense.
If we have waves of fresh legs being thrown at KD, Curry, Klay and Green....They will wear down eventually...

I like what I see...

No one has the warriors full attention.

No one even had it these last two post seasons and we still got 2 chips, lmao :cool:

Actually Houston did have it for 2 games. Or more like for a quarter in 2 games...

mightybosstone
10-14-2018, 08:37 AM

No one even had it these last two post seasons and we still got 2 chips, lmao :cool:

Actually Houston did have it for 2 games. Or more like for a quarter in 2 games...

Don't be a dick. You know you that Houston series was a coin flip, and you guys were lucky to win it. The Warriors may have dominated every other team they've played in the posteason the last two seasons, but they didn't dominate the Rockets.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2018, 10:08 PM

Full of óó. Had CP3 not gotten hurt...you lose bro. They had you

nastynice
10-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Don't be a dick. You know you that Houston series was a coin flip, and you guys were lucky to win it. The Warriors may have dominated every other team they've played in the posteason the last two seasons, but they didn't dominate the Rockets.

We played two elimination games and we fell behind double digits both games, we def dominated the times that mattered.

My team is just too damn good not to be a dick, lol

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 12:41 PM
We played two elimination games and we fell behind double digits both games, we def dominated the times that mattered.

My team is just too damn good not to be a dick, lol

Then there is no such thing as a GSW hater. We are all just reacting to takes from complete dó- heads😂👍

nastynice
10-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Then there is no such thing as a GSW hater. We are all just reacting to takes from complete dó- heads😂👍

lol, don't be looking for an out!

IKnowHoops
10-25-2018, 02:12 PM
And Iím def liking the Lakers still. They are trending up

Especially the way Lance is dancing
And JaVale is being super tall

Chronz
10-25-2018, 02:23 PM

Sure they did, almost all of their victories were blowouts and rockets barely won despite gs being without wing depth after the Iggy injury. Rockets pushed them harder than most but they dominated when they decided to try. Closest to pull off the upset tho, that's worth a chip today.

MygirlhatesCod
10-30-2018, 09:51 AM
Lakers looking like that 50 win team people were talking about..

IKnowHoops
11-11-2018, 02:52 PM
I think the Chandler move will cement Lakers > Celtics. They may be 11-1 if they had Chandler all year. They lost so many close games that they donít lose if they have Chandler in there when McGee isnít. Get ready.

IKnowHoops
11-19-2018, 11:06 AM
Lakers

TheDish87
11-19-2018, 12:07 PM
lol

TheDish87
11-19-2018, 12:08 PM
I think the Chandler move will cement Lakers > Celtics. They may be 11-1 if they had Chandler all year. They lost so many close games that they donít lose if they have Chandler in there when McGee isnít. Get ready.

lol

IKnowHoops
11-22-2018, 07:30 PM
lol

😂. This guy hates when Iím right. Sorry I have to ruin your life with another post but...itís obviously the Lakers

ewing
11-23-2018, 09:01 AM
[emoji23]. This guy hates when Iím right. Sorry I have to ruin your life with another post but...itís obviously the Lakers

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
11-23-2018, 05:45 PM

Aaaaaah...sweet charity

IKnowHoops
11-23-2018, 05:46 PM

My Man!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IKnowHoops
11-23-2018, 05:54 PM
The C's have been a little overrated all off season but that doesnt change the fact they are miles better than the Lakers. Its really sad that this is a thread. its even more sad its been 3 years running of constant laughable laker comparisons that have proven to be wrong every single time no matter how much laker fans try to convince everyone else. i dont understand why they cant just wait til they actually have a leg to stand on? Even Lebron realizes the team isnt very good.

Aaaaah. To be so wrong....bout what is expected from you😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

GREATNESS ONE
11-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Lmfao!!!

More-Than-Most
11-23-2018, 09:17 PM

lol i was half right. I said all along the lakers would win 50 plus games : )

GREATNESS ONE
11-24-2018, 11:37 AM

You were right. :)

Lots of crow to be eaten in this thread.

ewing
11-24-2018, 12:25 PM
You were right. :)

Lots of crow to be eaten in this thread.

Why bc the Celtic had a slow start? We are 20 games in. The Celtics are a better team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
11-24-2018, 01:49 PM
ďItís not closeĒ ďhands downĒ ďeasilyĒ ďLakers biasĒ etc etc etc blah blah blah

Like I said, when I posted itís much closer than all you want to believe, both teams will finish around 48-54 wins.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2018, 09:31 AM
It is only 20 games in. But Celtics don't seem right. Their gelling process to get Irving and Hayward back in don't seem like the same team in the playoffs. They may need a trade of some sorts. I know there been talks Irving said he's a Celtic for life. But does Ainge wanna keep him if Rozier can get it back together like how he played in the playoffs? Maybe Knicks would trade KP for Irving? Then Irving recruits Butler to Knicks next summer?

Rozier,Tatum,Hayward,KP,Horford thats pretty good line up once KP returns late December.

Irving,Lee,THJR,Hezongja,Kanter is so so but win now piece for Knicks since KP is out yet.

WaDe03
11-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Season just started lol! Celtics would smack the Lakers in a series. The start to this season is very weird to say the least. I mean the clippers are the 1st seed in the West.

MygirlhatesCod
11-26-2018, 01:17 PM
Season just started lol! Celtics would smack the Lakers in a series. The start to this season is very weird to say the least. I mean the clippers are the 1st seed in the West.

The Lakers aren't even the best team in their own city....

IKnowHoops
11-26-2018, 01:24 PM

Huh? Please. Playoff Bron will doo doo on them. Heís in coast mode dropping 50ís. Celtics got zero chance against the Lakers how they are playing now

WaDe03
11-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Huh? Please. Playoff Bron will doo doo on them. Heís in coast mode dropping 50ís. Celtics got zero chance against the Lakers how they are playing now

Lakers just lost to the Magic yesterday. Neither team is playing great but the Celtics have too much for them once they figure it out.

IKnowHoops
11-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Lakers just lost to the Magic yesterday. Neither team is playing great but the Celtics have too much for them once they figure it out.

No

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-26-2018, 03:01 PM
The Lakers are better. Why? Because Lebron, that's why.