PDA

View Full Version : Wolves: Will it be both Butler and coach leaving?

buckalis
09-22-2018, 05:20 AM
It looks like coach Thibs is in a serious conflict with the Wolves ownership due to the Butler case, It may well be that coach Thibs will be leaving the Wolves if Butler will be traded according to multiple web sources...

Coach Thibs is said to have excellent relationships with Butler, a possible scenario (although difficult to perform) is that a trade that would lead to both Butler be traded and the involved teams to exchange coaches is a possibility.

More-Than-Most
09-22-2018, 05:28 AM
thibs is honestly a trashcan... the insane thing is if butler leaving gets rid of thibs the wolves are already in a better place... the dude is horrid.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 06:03 AM
thibs is honestly a trashcan... the insane thing is if butler leaving gets rid of thibs the wolves are already in a better place... the dude is horrid.

It seems to me that players he has worked with, trust him and follow him... That alone is important, no?

STRIKERC
09-22-2018, 06:41 AM
It seems to me that players he has worked with, trust him and follow him... That alone is important, no?

He has also ruined their prime. Right now those guys are passed their best days so following Thibs is nothing to irrelevant. Thge young wolves are better without him.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 06:51 AM
He has also ruined their prime. Right now those guys are passed their best days so following Thibs is nothing to irrelevant. The young wolves are better without him.

It seems that the front office of the Wolves thinks the same as you fans...

So.... does a trade that includes both Butler and Thibs looks possible to you? (...If a team would consider Thibs for coach and would have a reasonable offer for Butler of course...)

For example, how would a trade with the Bucks that would involve Middleton in a package and then coach Bud for Thibs would look to you?

More-Than-Most
09-22-2018, 07:42 AM

no. Its honestly overrated. Winning fixes all and he is basically bringing in his guys instead of the best guys and making questionable calls based on who his guys are.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2018, 08:08 AM

Jet,KMart and plenty others believed in Kidd. Yet Kidd was clueless about being a coach.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Jet,KMart and plenty others believed in Kidd. Yet Kidd was clueless about being a coach.

OR.... Many fans and the FO are clueless... time will tell.

Cal827
09-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Thibs ruined Derek Rose.

Also, his coaching skills were good for 2011, NOT 2017. The NBA has changed a ton in the style of play from just 6-7 years ago, and methods that worked then, fail miserably now. As we've seen with Dwyane Casey vs Lebron James. In 2011, Casey's defensive playcalling with Dallas was able to stump James in the finals, as well as mess with Durant, Westbrook, Kobe, and Roy. As a Raptor fan, I have had a wonderful seat watching Lebron carve up the team in the playoffs, because Casey thinks that what he did in 2011 will work on James now. It was really frustrating this season, because it showed how stubborn Casey was. The same defensive scheme, leaving the same position guys open and for a second straight year, they got murdered from the 3pt line to a fast ending to their postseason.

Thibs has the same issue, mainly with the SAME players. Look at their roster, they have so many Bulls from his tenure there. Despite the fact that a) Rose is a shell of who he once was and they have PGs, b) Deng hasn't really played in 3 years, c) Butler wants out and he doesn't want to deal him and d) Supposedly interested in Noah too. With all due respect, only Butler has the ability to be good in 2018, the other guys have been too hurt, not playing, or have seen the style of NBA now mess with their game. I don't think any team would want him as their coach, so after Minnesota, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a while before we see him as coach again.

cmellofan15
09-22-2018, 11:10 AM
This team was a Butler injury away from being a top 4 team in the WC now all of a sudden Thibs is a caveman & they need to blow it up??

buckalis
09-22-2018, 11:42 AM
This team was a Butler injury away from being a top 4 team in the WC now all of a sudden Thibs is a caveman & they need to blow it up??

I was wondering the same....

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 01:37 AM

Yea but all players are different and clearly the Wolves aren't made for him.

ewing
09-23-2018, 08:28 AM

Results and facts are irrelevant around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
09-23-2018, 09:01 AM
no. Its honestly overrated. Winning fixes all and he is basically bringing in his guys instead of the best guys and making questionable calls based on who his guys are.

Rose and Deng at the end of the bench are irrelevant. Taj is the only one not on a min contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
09-23-2018, 10:30 AM
lmao at trading coaches. the guy made the playoffs in minny, that's like wcf appearance for any other team.

tp13baby
09-23-2018, 11:00 AM
lmao at trading coaches. the guy made the playoffs in minny, that's like wcf appearance for any other team.

They snuck in. On the last game of the season. Then got ran in the first round. Towns has too much potential to be where he is right now. Him and Embiid should be 1A and 1B but Thibs didnít do anything for Towns. He isnít good defensively and offensively he canít reach his potential with JB.

Itís okay to say the experiment with JB failed and move on from both. Get a coach that fits with Wiggins because he is the piece that needs to get going. He is an above average player with a **** ton of potential.

Heediot
09-23-2018, 11:24 AM
They snuck in. On the last game of the season. Then got ran in the first round. Towns has too much potential to be where he is right now. Him and Embiid should be 1A and 1B but Thibs didnít do anything for Towns. He isnít good defensively and offensively he canít reach his potential with JB.

Itís okay to say the experiment with JB failed and move on from both. Get a coach that fits with Wiggins because he is the piece that needs to get going. He is an above average player with a **** ton of potential.

good points, that I agree with on the most part.

just saying for glen taylor as owner, making the playoffs is massive lol...

and has there been a trade of coaches in any of the major sports league in north america ever?

warfelg
09-23-2018, 11:30 AM
good points, that I agree with on the most part.

just saying for glen taylor as owner, making the playoffs is massive lol...

and has there been a trade of coaches in any of the major sports league in north america ever?

Jon Gruden was traded for a 2nd round pick in the NFL.

Herm Edwards from Jets to Chiefs.

NBA wise there was Doc Rivers and Stan Van Gundy.

buckalis
09-23-2018, 11:30 AM

Me being a Buck, I don't know much about the FO or the coach effect for the Wolves, but out of the (lot of) basketball tactics I know, I could surely say that Middleton would fit better around Towns and Butler would fit better with Giannis...

Like with Towns, Middleton doesn't do much playmaking, he has tremendous scoring efficiency letting the playmaking to the guards so that he receives and scores. For the Wolves, Wiggins + Middleton + Towns is a solution that players have clear and discrete roll which doesn't mess with each others game...

OTOH, Butler does much of the playmaking himself as Giannis does... Therefore having Butler acting at SF on the opposite side of Giannis at PF, should create much more space for both to act far better than they now do.

Heediot
09-23-2018, 11:35 AM

i mean i thought the guy meant swapping one coach for another, maybe i misread something.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2018, 11:39 AM

Jon Gruden was trade for basically 2-1st round picks, they were both late.

tp13baby
09-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Me being a Buck, I don't know much about the FO or the coach effect for the Wolves, but out of the (lot of) basketball tactics I know, I could surely say that Middleton would fit better around Towns and Butler would fit better with Giannis...

Like with Towns, Middleton doesn't do much playmaking, he has tremendous scoring efficiency letting the playmaking to the guards so that he receives and scores. For the Wolves, Wiggins + Middleton + Towns is a solution that players have clear and discrete roll which doesn't mess with each others game...

OTOH, Butler does much of the playmaking himself as Giannis does... Therefore having Butler acting at SF on the opposite side of Giannis at PF, should create much more space for both to act far better than they now do.

They play primarily iso. Really not a team thatís hard to guard. Towns has nights where he looks likes an athletic Dirk and Wiggins can abuse teams when he isnít a spot up shooter. They need a veteran leader that pushes Towns and Wiggins and changes their attitudes. Butler should be moved for a glue guy that can be a third option.

Lastly Thibs ****ing sucks. Total product of running into talented players in their prime. Rose for a few seasons was a top ten player, Butler same can be argued, Noah one of the best 2 way centers if not the best during his prime. Deng was no slouch, Boozer was still producing, and solid bench pieces like Hinrich, Korver, Taj Gibson. They always had one of the best 8 man rotations in the league, definitely in the east and thatís about as deep as Thibs goes. Minny is not an elite roster overall and it goes to show.