PDA

View Full Version : Rich man / Poor man

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 03:42 AM
You know the expression "player X is s rich mans player Y, or a poor mans player Z". Pick 2 players, for one do rich, the other poor. GO.

Demar DeRozan is a rich mans Jamal Crawford.

Fred VanVleet is a poor mans Kyle Lowry.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:18 AM
You know the expression "player X is s rich mans player Y, or a poor mans player Z". Pick 2 players, for one do rich, the other poor. GO.

Demar DeRozan is a rich mans Jamal Crawford.

Fred VanVleet is a poor mans Kyle Lowry.

Who is better, Jamal or VanVleet

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Kobe is a poor mans Jordan

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Dwyane Wade is a very rich mans Mitch Richmond/Kobe Bryant.

Kyle Lowry is a very poor mans Chris Paul.

Cal827
09-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Andrew Wiggins is a poor man's Demar Derozan

Vince Carter was a poor man's Tracy Mcgrady.

Ben Simmons is a poor man's Lebron James

Ben Ingram is a poor man's Kevin Durant

Trevor Ariza is a poor man's Kawhi Leonard

Enes Kanter is a poor mans Zach Randolph

Andrea Bargnani was a value bin version of Dirk

Luis Scola was a poor mans version of Chris Bosh

Chris Bosh was a poor mans version of Kevin Garnett

Nick Young is a coked up homeless man's Kobe Bryant

CousinsEvansDuo is a poor mans version of DoMeFavors

warfelg
09-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Prime Andre Igoudala is a poor mans Scottie Pippen.

Al Horford is a poor mans CWebb (I think I would take that the other way too).

JJ Redick is a poor mans Ray Allen.

HOT TAKE: Reggie Miller is a poor mans Ray Allen.

Steph Curry is a rich mans Derek Fisher.

Cal827
09-21-2018, 10:11 AM

What do you think of Brad Miller being a poor man's Horford?

warfelg
09-21-2018, 10:16 AM
What do you think of Brad Miller being a poor man's Horford?

Ooooh. I always forget how good Brad Miller was.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Dwight Howard is a homeless mans Shaq

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 10:30 AM

Chris Jackson is a better comparison. Or whatever he re-named himself

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Dion Waiters is a poor man's JR Smith.

Not saying JR is good.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Who is better, Jamal or VanVleetGoofy ask but ok. Ultimately I think VanVleet will be viewed as the better player but who knows.

I dont actually view DeRozan as being better than Jamal but general fan opinion is that he is, in case you are trying to read wayyyy further into this than intended lol

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:07 PM
Goofy ask but ok. Ultimately I think VanVleet will be viewed as the better player but who knows.

I dont actually view DeRozan as being better than Jamal but general fan opinion is that he is, in case you are trying to read wayyyy further into this than intended lol

So you donít think Demar is better than prime Jamal but you think VanVleet will be?

valade16
09-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Damian Lillard is a poor man's Steph Curry

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Dwyane Wade is a poor mans Paul Pierce.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Dwyane Wade is a poor mans Paul Pierce.

Reported for baiting.

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Wade03 is a poor mans G1.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Wade03 is a poor mans G1.

This is an honor!

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 12:50 PM
This is an honor!

:laugh2:

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Reported for baiting.

Why? Both of them had to be carted off the court in a wheel chair but only one of them was for an actual leg injury? Hence Dwyane Wade being the poor mans Paul Pierce. Youíre very sensitive eh?

Also just the irony of you reporting for baiting is great. You try to bait constantly, fail then cry when you get trolled.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Why? Both of them had to be carted off the court in a wheel chair but only one of them was for an actual leg injury? Hence Dwyane Wade being the poor mans Paul Pierce. Youíre very sensitive eh?

Also just the irony of you reporting for baiting is great. You try to bait constantly, fail then cry when you get trolled.

Still havenít learned your lesson have you? I have cooked you on here multiple times and made you look like a fool every time you try to get in to it with me. Idk why you feel the need to come at me all the time but it has not worked out for you once lol.

Show me where I constantly bait, fail, and then cry when I get trolled. Iím waiting....

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 01:41 PM
I will say Pierce in a sense is a poor mans wade though R.Johnson, both have had much more successful careers than the Raptors franchise has, but pierce didnít have near the success Wade has had so I think thatís pretty telling lol.

Youíre too easy kid.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 01:46 PM
Still havenít learned your lesson have you? I have cooked you on here multiple times and made you look like a fool every time you try to get in to it with me. Idk why you feel the need to come at me all the time but it has not worked out for you once lol.

Show me where I constantly bait, fail, and then cry when I get trolled. Iím waiting....

The entire exchange on the ďIs the Clock Ticking on Dwyane WadeĒ thread.

In fact, youíre still so tilted about it that you had to take a meaningless jab at the Raptors in a thread thatís about individual players. Keep on spinning there, bud.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 01:56 PM
The entire exchange on the ďIs the Clock Ticking on Dwyane WadeĒ thread.

In fact, youíre still so tilted about it that you had to take a meaningless jab at the Raptors in a thread thatís about individual players. Keep on spinning there, bud.

You werenít trolling in that thread, bud. You just said you were trolling after multiple people came at you to try and cover up your ignorance. Itís ok to say you were trolling but me and you really know the truth.

Took a jab at the raptors over something that happened weeks ago where you were cooked? No, I donít hold grudges over an Internet forum like some of you sensitive kids in here. I couldnít care less about the Raptors or what they do to be honest because they have been and will continue to be irrelevant. Iím not sure how I took a jab at the Raptors.

Youíre obviously still upset about the roast you were served in there though so I will be praying for you and hope you can get through this one day.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:03 PM
I will say Pierce in a sense is a poor mans wade though R.Johnson, both have had much more successful careers than the Raptors franchise has, but pierce didnít have near the success Wade has had so I think thatís pretty telling lol.

Youíre too easy kid.

Yeah but Pierce actually had more success against my measly franchise than Wade has. Pierce broke our hearts twice in the post season where as Wade just broke down.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Yeah but Pierce actually had more success against my measly franchise than Wade has. Pierce broke our hearts twice in the post season where as Wade just broke down.

Pierce did what? When? Lol, he's been garbage in the loffs

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:08 PM

So no response to the other post you were cooked in huh? I think youíre starting to know better so weíre getting somewhere.

Your measly franchise hasnít had much of a chance to play a great like Wade in the playoffs, fortunate for you. Wade at 34 took you all to 7 games without Bosh and Whiteside, Miamiís 2nd and 3rd best players and their only legit bigs. Winslow was playing center lol. You guys barely got it though so congrats, I know winning a playoff series is huge news for you little guys who havenít even made it to a finals yet.

Hang in there, I couldnít imagine being so mediocre.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:16 PM
You werenít trolling in that thread, bud. You just said you were trolling after multiple people came at you to try and cover up your ignorance. Itís ok to say you were trolling but me and you really know the truth.

Took a jab at the raptors over something that happened weeks ago where you were cooked? No, I donít hold grudges over an Internet forum like some of you sensitive kids in here. I couldnít care less about the Raptors or what they do to be honest because they have been and will continue to be irrelevant. Iím not sure how I took a jab at the Raptors.

Youíre obviously still upset about the roast you were served in there though so I will be praying for you and hope you can get through this one day.

You have no idea how happy this post just made me.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Pierce did what? When? Lol, he's been garbage in the loffs

He broke our hearts when he was on Brooklyn and the Wiz. Not his overall play, just crucial shots really.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:20 PM
So no response to the other post you were cooked in huh? I think youíre starting to know better so weíre getting somewhere.

Your measly franchise hasnít had much of a chance to play a great like Wade in the playoffs, fortunate for you. Wade at 34 took you all to 7 games without Bosh and Whiteside, Miamiís 2nd and 3rd best players and their only legit bigs. Winslow was playing center lol. You guys barely got it though so congrats, I know winning a playoff series is huge news for you little guys who havenít even made it to a finals yet.

Hang in there, I couldnít imagine being so mediocre.

This one too.

Yeah, you took us to 7 games because we had a thick headed coach who was still stuck on iso ball with 2 gigantic choke artists in the post season. I was at that game 7 though and it was electric.

Chronz
He broke our hearts when he was on Brooklyn and the Wiz. Not his overall play, just crucial shots really.

So ur impressed by geezers so long as they FINALLY show up? Yeah wade did much more damage

WaDe03
Let me go get the body bag for you, R.Johnson. Yet another fatality for you. God bless.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:21 PM
So ur impressed by geezers so long as they FINALLY show up? Yeah wade did much more damage

Heíll try and cover this up by saying ďI was trolling trying to make him mad bro!Ē

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:22 PM
This one too.

Yeah, you took us to 7 games because we had a thick headed coach who was still stuck on iso ball with 2 gigantic choke artists in the post season. I was at that game 7 though and it was electric.

Yea sorry but you had your stars and Wade was a 1 man wrecking crew. Give him Bosh and Whiteside and he ends you all in 5.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:31 PM

I'm all about the end result. We won the series against the Heat. Pierce literally ended the Brooklyn series and hit a dagger to win Game 3 for the Wizards before they swept us.

I'm making the comparison between the two only against the Raptors. Obviously Wade is the overall better player. This all started off a joke about how they both got carted off in wheelchairs.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:33 PM
I'm all about the end result. We won the series against the Heat. Pierce literally ended the Brooklyn series and hit a dagger to win Game 3 for the Wizards before they swept us.

I'm making the comparison between the two only against the Raptors. Obviously Wade is the overall better player. This all started off a joke about how they both got carted off in wheelchairs.

It started off as a troll attempt baby girl no need to sugar coat it. Better luck next time, your body bag is en route.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Yea sorry but you had your stars and Wade was a 1 man wrecking crew. Give him Bosh and Whiteside and he ends you all in 5.

Yeah, he probably would've because like I said before our team was mismanaged and our stars crumpled in the playoffs. How mad are you? Unfortunately he didn't have that though. It's also a shame that he had absolutely nothing in that game 7. He got like 15 or 16 when it mattered the most and let his team get completely blown out by like 30 points.

R. Johnson#3
09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
It started off as a troll attempt baby girl no need to sugar coat it. Better luck next time, your body bag is en route.

No, it was literally a joke about how they both got carted off in wheel chairs. Learn to laugh a little. Anyways, you need to stop hijacking threads to talk about D Wade. Lets get back on topic.

Joe Ingles is a poor mans Manu Ginobili

Gerald Green is a poor mans Vince Carter

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:47 PM
Yeah, he probably would've because like I said before our team was mismanaged and our stars crumpled in the playoffs. How mad are you? Unfortunately he didn't have that though. It's also a shame that he had absolutely nothing in that game 7. He got like 15 or 16 when it mattered the most and let his team get completely blown out by like 30 points.

You had a damn good coach, thatís a sorry excuse. Iím not mad at all friend. You canít do it all every single game.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:49 PM
No, it was literally a joke about how they both got carted off in wheel chairs. Learn to laugh a little. Anyways, you need to stop hijacking threads to talk about D Wade. Lets get back on topic.

You hijacked it to troll lol. You know what you see doing friend, and I would deflect too. Another L neighbor, theyíre adding up!

Curry is a poor mans Abdul-Rauf

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:11 PM

McCollum is a poor man's Lillard

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Klay Thompson is a poor manís Reggie Miller

Steven Adams is a rich manís Kurt Thomas or Udonis Haslem

Russel Westbrook is a rich man Robert Pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Klay Thompson is a poor manís Reggie Miller

Steven Adams is a rich manís Kurt Thomas or Udonis Haslem

Russel Westbrook is a rich man Robert Pack

True, though I think Kevin Martin is more of a poor man's Reggie Miller.

Robert Pack haha. Remember how crazy he went against the Sonics, then fizzled out?

Cal827
09-21-2018, 07:12 PM
Lemarcus Aldridge is a poor man's Tim Duncan

Bradley Beal is a poor man's Ray Allen

valade16
09-21-2018, 07:27 PM
McCollum is a poor man's Lillard

Yep.

YAALREADYKNO
09-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Isaiah Thomas is a poor manís Isiah Thomas

FlashBolt
09-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Metta World Peace is a poor man's Ron Artest

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Magic Johnson is a poor man's Lebron James.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 09:02 PM
So you donít think Demar is better than prime Jamal but you think VanVleet will be?That's not a hugely high bar, and I'm not going to say that I am certain of this, but I can see it. The only reason I am not feeling certainty is the fact that VanVleet played 4 years in college. He could be closer to his ceiling than we are used to thinking with 2nd year guys.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 09:04 PM

Hang in there, I couldnít imagine being so mediocre.Must burn you that we just acquired a player who will be ranked higher all-time than Wade.

archdevil84
09-21-2018, 09:22 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:35 PM
Goofy ask but ok. Ultimately I think VanVleet will be viewed as the better player but who knows.

😆👌

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:36 PM
So you donít think Demar is better than prime Jamal but you think VanVleet will be?

Gotem 😂😂😂😂😂😂

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:39 PM

Yeah but then Paul pierce jogged back on the court moments later showing zero signs of pain or discomfort, while...😂...Wade actually dislocated his shoulder. That is straight pain

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Magic Johnson is a poor man's Lebron James.

Raps is a poor man Bandwagon Lakers fan

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:43 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Using his bum year, game winners, as firepower

Bostonjorge
09-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Warriors are a poor manís Lakers

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:45 PM

Gerald Green is a poor mans JR Rider at best.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 09:51 PM
Gotem [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]What are you on tonight? Is that supposed to be got 'em? And if it is, how so

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Warriors are a poor manís Lakers

You win the game!!!!! :laugh2:

Cal827
09-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Must burn you that we just acquired a player who will be ranked higher all-time than Wade.

WE GOT LEBRON JAMES?!

:dance: :dance:

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 11:09 PM
WE GOT LEBRON JAMES?!

Pass me whatever youíre smoking :smoking:

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Metta World Peace is a poor man's Ron Artest

WE GOT LEBRON JAMES?!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I was gonna say...slow down

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 11:49 PM
What are you on tonight? Is that supposed to be got 'em? And if it is, how so

Iím just having fun man

WaDe03
09-22-2018, 12:14 PM
That's not a hugely high bar, and I'm not going to say that I am certain of this, but I can see it. The only reason I am not feeling certainty is the fact that VanVleet played 4 years in college. He could be closer to his ceiling than we are used to thinking with 2nd year guys.

You easily have the worst judge of talent on this board and itís not even close lol. This is hilarious!

WaDe03
09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Must burn you that we just acquired a player who will be ranked higher all-time than Wade.

Kawhi? Lmao yea thatís hilarious too and shows your awful judgement of talent again.

JAZZNC
09-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Terry Rozier is a poor man's Jason Terry.

AK47 is slightly less wealthy man's Dramond Green.

JJ Reddick is a rich man's Jason Kapono.

Karl Malone is a Saudi oil sheik's Kenyon Martin.

TrueFan420
09-22-2018, 03:20 PM
AK47 is slightly less wealthy man's Dramond Green.

Interesting take on AK47. I was a huge fan of his and if he was in his prime today he'd be lethal. But idk if I can agree on this. I think from an offensive stand point he's the better player and he is equally a Swiss Army Knife. But what makes Dray so damn difficult is he can slide down to the 5. Idk how AK47 would do down there.

FlashBolt
09-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Interesting take on AK47. I was a huge fan of his and if he was in his prime today he'd be lethal. But idk if I can agree on this. I think from an offensive stand point he's the better player and he is equally a Swiss Army Knife. But what makes Dray so damn difficult is he can slide down to the 5. Idk how AK47 would do down there.

I agree. I don't think they're remotely the same player at all honestly. Giannis reminds me a lot of AK47 but a much better version.

valade16
09-22-2018, 04:40 PM
Kawhi? Lmao yea thatís hilarious too and shows your awful judgement of talent again.

Yeah Kawhi has a long way to go to even begin to get where Wade is at all-time. Sitting out entire seasons because you're unhappy isn't going to help him climb the ranks either.

Cal827
09-22-2018, 05:04 PM
At this point, the only one who would have a higher career rank when finished over Wade would be Lebron James.... Now I'm just mad that I got teased by Jamiec :laugh2:

Cal827
09-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Pass me whatever youíre smoking :smoking:

:laugh2:

Jamiecballer
09-22-2018, 07:30 PM
You easily have the worst judge of talent on this board and itís not even close lol. This is hilarious!That he might be a better player than Jamal Crawford? Yeah, HUGE reach.

Jamiecballer
09-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Kawhi? Lmao yea thatís hilarious too and shows your awful judgement of talent again.The number of guys who were the best on one end of the floor and top ten on the other is minuscule. Unless Kawhi's career falls off a cliff it's very likely he ends up ranking higher than Wade by most, considering Wade's peak was like 3 years dude.

JAZZNC
09-22-2018, 08:24 PM
I agree. I don't think they're remotely the same player at all honestly. Giannis reminds me a lot of AK47 but a much better version.

Really? In their prime they defend at a high level, pass the ball, rebound, neither are great shooters. Biggest difference is mentality but hey whatever. I did think of Giannis to however when thinking about AK.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Raps is a poor man Bandwagon Lakers fan

Reported for baiting.

GREATNESS ONE
09-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Reported for baiting.

Once a snitch always a snitch? Lol ďI swear it wasnít meĒ

Raps18-19 Champ
09-22-2018, 11:16 PM
Once a snitch always a snitch? Lol ďI swear it wasnít meĒ

I'm ****ing sick of you bullying me. How would you like it if someone called you names for no reason?

R. Johnson#3
09-22-2018, 11:17 PM
Yeah but then Paul pierce jogged back on the court moments later showing zero signs of pain or discomfort, while...😂...Wade actually dislocated his shoulder. That is straight pain

No doubt it's painful. The last time I checked, a dislocated shoulder doesn't hinder your ability to walk.

GREATNESS ONE
09-22-2018, 11:19 PM
I'm ****ing sick of you bullying me. How would you like it if someone called you names for no reason?

Lmfao? What? Iíve never called you a name Micheal. I just donít buy your ďIím a Lakers guyĒ weíre still cool, I just call it like I see it. Nothing wrong with being a Bron fan boy, feel free to enjoy the Lakers forum this year ;) I promise Iíll be more conscious about your feelings. :) **hugs**

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 12:08 AM
Lmfao? What? Iíve never called you a name Micheal. I just donít buy your ďIím a Lakers guyĒ weíre still cool, I just call it like I see it. Nothing wrong with being a Bron fan boy, feel free to enjoy the Lakers forum this year ;) I promise Iíll be more conscious about your feelings. :) **hugs**

I've been posting there for years. Remember my Shaq jersey.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2018, 12:27 AM
I've been posting there for years. Remember my Shaq jersey.

Lmao shut up. Iím not buying it, I know who you are, you know who I am. Itís all good brother

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 01:23 AM
Lmao shut up. Iím not buying it, I know who you are, you know who I am. Itís all good brother

Not sure what else I can do to prove to you. I've been in the Lakers forum for years, I have a Shaq jersey from when I was a kid. I was part of a Lakers Facebook group. I check a lot of marks.

cmellofan15
09-23-2018, 01:30 AM
Not sure what else I can do to prove to you. I've been in the Lakers forum for years, I have a Shaq jersey from when I was a kid. I was part of a Lakers Facebook group. I check a lot of marks.

You mentioned nothing about being a warriors fan for the past four years so youíre quite obviously not a real lakers fan

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2018, 01:33 AM

You donít have to prove anything to me. Youíre good :)

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 01:35 AM
You mentioned nothing about being a warriors fan for the past four years so youíre quite obviously not a real lakers fan

You're just hating Lebron left to join us.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 01:36 AM
You donít have to prove anything to me. Youíre good :)

As long as you stop calling me names.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2018, 01:46 AM
As long as you stop calling me names.

:laugh2: **** off

IKnowHoops
09-23-2018, 04:08 AM
No doubt it's painful. The last time I checked, a dislocated shoulder doesn't hinder your ability to walk.

It actually can/does. The sheer jarring movement of a step when you shoulder is dislocated hurts. Any movement hurts. Being wheeled off is because you canít make a man be without pain. And some are worse than others

IKnowHoops
09-23-2018, 04:09 AM

😂👏

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:22 AM
You're just hating Lebron left to join us.

WE GOT LEBRON JAMES?!

.... wait a minute, I'm not gonna be nailed twice. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me :eyebrow:

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 10:29 AM
That he might be a better player than Jamal Crawford? Yeah, HUGE reach.

That he might be better than Demar Derozan like you said.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 10:31 AM
The number of guys who were the best on one end of the floor and top ten on the other is minuscule. Unless Kawhi's career falls off a cliff it's very likely he ends up ranking higher than Wade by most, considering Wade's peak was like 3 years dude.

Wade was great on both ends too. Kawhi has nothing near what Wade did in 06 and only has 1 ring.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2018, 10:53 AM
WE GOT LEBRON JAMES?!

.... wait a minute, I'm not gonna be nailed twice. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me :eyebrow:

:smoking:

Heediot
09-23-2018, 11:27 AM
who's the rich man and poor man between rjohnson and wade? hmmm...

JAZZNC
09-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Wade was great on both ends too. Kawhi has nothing near what Wade did in 06 and only has 1 ring.

And if King James didn't show up to do the heavy lifting Wade would only have 1 ring.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 12:15 PM
That he might be better than Demar Derozan like you said.I'll tell you what. If Demar puts up a season where his team is not consistently stronger when he is off the floor and it will have my attention. In fact, I'll even change my sig to something promoting his virtues as a basketball player.

But he has to have a positive overall impact and there is no evidence to this point that he provides positive value. That's what guys like you seem to have a tough time with. You can be your teams top scorer and if that's all you do well - and let's be honest even his value as a scorer is undermined by the fact that he is missing the most valuable piece (3pt shot) - meanwhile you are poor at every other facet of the game basically, your value can be quite marginal. And a guy like VanVleet, who is pretty strong all the way around, unselfish, and a pitbull defensively can provide more value. This btw is the exact same reason that Lowty provides exponentially more value than Demar did. And shocker, the data bears that out.

Its about impact, not all-star games. And so I'm guessing you are mystified why every year Demar gets ranked pretty low by just about every publication under the sun, and Lowry is higher almost unanimously. It's no longer acceptable in this age of the internet to pretend not to see the data. Its everywhere.

But again, if Demar fixes the huge holes in his game, this year or somewhere down the road, i guarantee you I will change my sig to give him props.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Wade was great on both ends too. Kawhi has nothing near what Wade did in 06 and only has 1 ring.He was very good, no question. Not potentially the greatest perimeter defender ever, but very good. Problem is that did not last long due to injuries.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 12:18 PM
And if King James didn't show up to do the heavy lifting Wade would only have 1 ring.No kidding. It's like he thinks rings are an important part of Wade's resume. Everything but the 1st, which was epic, is sort of a footnote.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 01:28 PM
And if King James didn't show up to do the heavy lifting Wade would only have 1 ring.

And heíd have 4 if king James didnít tuck his tail in 2011. King James would have 1 if he didnít come to Miami. Funny how every one wants to say LeBron did it all yet only have 1 ring in his 11 years elsewhere.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 01:33 PM
I'll tell you what. If Demar puts up a season where his team is not consistently stronger when he is off the floor and it will have my attention. In fact, I'll even change my sig to something promoting his virtues as a basketball player.

But he has to have a positive overall impact and there is no evidence to this point that he provides positive value. That's what guys like you seem to have a tough time with. You can be your teams top scorer and if that's all you do well - and let's be honest even his value as a scorer is undermined by the fact that he is missing the most valuable piece (3pt shot) - meanwhile you are poor at every other facet of the game basically, your value can be quite marginal. And a guy like VanVleet, who is pretty strong all the way around, unselfish, and a pitbull defensively can provide more value. This btw is the exact same reason that Lowty provides exponentially more value than Demar did. And shocker, the data bears that out.

Its about impact, not all-star games. And so I'm guessing you are mystified why every year Demar gets ranked pretty low by just about every publication under the sun, and Lowry is higher almost unanimously. It's no longer acceptable in this age of the internet to pretend not to see the data. Its everywhere.

But again, if Demar fixes the huge holes in his game, this year or somewhere down the road, i guarantee you I will change my sig to give him props.

The only way someone can think VanVleet could be better than Demar is if theyíre his family member, girl friend, or best friend so we can chalk it up to you being one of those. If you started a ďwho will be better Demar or VanVleetĒ thread you would be the only one to vote for Fred. Thatís how ignorant it is.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 01:34 PM
No kidding. It's like he thinks rings are an important part of Wade's resume. Everything but the 1st, which was epic, is sort of a footnote.

Youíre right, wade did nothing in the other 2 which is why LeBrons been so much more successful winning rings without him.

R. Johnson#3
09-23-2018, 02:04 PM
It actually can/does. The sheer jarring movement of a step when you shoulder is dislocated hurts. Any movement hurts. Being wheeled off is because you canít make a man be without pain. And some are worse than others

I've dislocated my shoulder and am aware of this pain. My legs still worked perfectly fine though.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 02:27 PM
Demar and Jamal Crawford don't even play the same way so don't see how they fit rich man, poor man.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Edit: this was supposed to have been a reply @Wade

There really is no point having a conversation with someone who is so committed to their opinion that they are married to it 15 years before the players careers are over.

Is someone supposed to take your opinion seriously when you are waving your closemindedness like a flag?

Fred VanVleet can't be a better player, ever, unless I am a family member or friend? He is 24, and worked his way from undrafted free agent to a player that most hard core NBA fans are familiar with in 2 short seasons. Give me a break.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Demar and Jamal Crawford don't even play the same way so don't see how they fit rich man, poor man.Its fairly simple. If you need a volume scorer and dont have to get anything else from them, these are guys to call. The biggest difference between them is that Toronto desperately needed a face of the franchise when Bosh was up, and Demar was hard to say no to - he said all the things Canadians desperately needed to hear.

Demar has bigger numbers, for sure, but he provides nothing but scoring, it wasnt until the team around him got good that people started to view Demar as good. And I can definitely argue that circumstance plays a big part in the difference of their career arcs - had Jamal not been initially been miscast as a PG and fallen into a team that had a young Elton Brand and Ron Artest from recent drafts he could have fallen into the role of empty calorie scorer that Demar and many others have had on losing squads.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Youíre right, wade did nothing in the other 2 which is why LeBrons been so much more successful winning rings without him.Have you heard of the Warriors. Just checking.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Have you heard of the Warriors. Just checking.

I have and Iíve watched LeBrons entire career which includes pre Warriors too when Wade carried Miami to a championship and was on track to be a top 10 player ever pre-injury. Yea I said it.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Edit: this was supposed to have been a reply @Wade

There really is no point having a conversation with someone who is so committed to their opinion that they are married to it 15 years before the players careers are over.

Is someone supposed to take your opinion seriously when you are waving your closemindedness like a flag?

Fred VanVleet can't be a better player, ever, unless I am a family member or friend? He is 24, and worked his way from undrafted free agent to a player that most hard core NBA fans are familiar with in 2 short seasons. Give me a break.

Tyler Johnson did the same thing early in his career. Guess heís better than Demar too.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Tyler Johnson did the same thing early in his career. Guess heís better than Demar too.

you are having a tough time distinguishing between better, as in now, and could be better. it's either that or willful ignorance.

either way, i don't watch much heat basketball so I am certainly not going to sit here and say he couldn't be eventually. look, we really aren't talking about a hugely high bar. derozan's stock rose as the team got better, it didn't align with any big changes or improvement in his game. i'm not going to sit here and say VanVleet could be better than Jimmy Butler, for example, because that would be a tall order.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 04:41 PM
you are having a tough time distinguishing between better, as in now, and could be better. it's either that or willful ignorance.

either way, i don't watch much heat basketball so I am certainly not going to sit here and say he couldn't be eventually. look, we really aren't talking about a hugely high bar. derozan's stock rose as the team got better, it didn't align with any big changes or improvement in his game. i'm not going to sit here and say VanVleet could be better than Jimmy Butler, for example, because that would be a tall order.

Derozan was all nba 2nd team last year. Iím not having a hard time distinguishing anything but youíre having a very hard time guaging players potential. Itís honestly one of, if not the worst Iíve seen when comes to that.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 04:58 PM

We're going to forever disagree on Derozan, but I think we've both accepted that :laugh2:

My question for you is: the Raptors are supposedly talking to the T'wolves over Butler. Would you send Vanvleet to them as part of a package, or would you stop talking at the moment the ask about him?

IKnowHoops
09-23-2018, 05:46 PM
Paul George is a poor manís Tmac

R. Johnson#3
09-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Steve Kerr is a poor man's Kyle Korver

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Its fairly simple. If you need a volume scorer and dont have to get anything else from them, these are guys to call. The biggest difference between them is that Toronto desperately needed a face of the franchise when Bosh was up, and Demar was hard to say no to - he said all the things Canadians desperately needed to hear.

Demar has bigger numbers, for sure, but he provides nothing but scoring, it wasnt until the team around him got good that people started to view Demar as good. And I can definitely argue that circumstance plays a big part in the difference of their career arcs - had Jamal not been initially been miscast as a PG and fallen into a team that had a young Elton Brand and Ron Artest from recent drafts he could have fallen into the role of empty calorie scorer that Demar and many others have had on losing squads.

Its a bad comparison because you took a generic description about the 2 players when they play nothing alike. Its a bit lazy IMO. Its like the draymond and AK47 comparison. The guy saw good defender, versatile, bad scorer and made the comparison qhen its not a really good comparison

Scoots
09-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Chris Jackson is a poor mans Steph Curry

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Derozan was all nba 2nd team last year. Iím not having a hard time distinguishing anything but youíre having a very hard time guaging players potential. Itís honestly one of, if not the worst Iíve seen when comes to that.I know, his game is so complete and undeniable that Masai has shopped him for the past 2 years and was willing to trade him for a one in a million chance at keeping Kawhi.

In addition, most basketball rankings put him in the area of 35-40.

But you, you are the one person seeing him clearly. 2nd team all-nba was a reward for being on a team that won 59 games, nothing more. It's no different than when teams get all-stars because they should for being a top team.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Its a bad comparison because you took a generic description about the 2 players when they play nothing alike. Its a bit lazy IMO. Its like the draymond and AK47 comparison. The guy saw good defender, versatile, bad scorer and made the comparison qhen its not a really good comparisonLmao you crack me up, I created the thread, why the hell are you telling me that my criteria is bad. Arrogant prick.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Lmao you crack me up, I created the thread, why the hell are you telling me that my criteria is bad. Arrogant prick.

Was what I did more arrogant than creating a thread intentionally to take a shot at a player and then being calling someone out because you don't want the criticism?

I mean your OP outright indicates to use the old saying "player X is s rich mans player Y, or a poor mans player Z". Not like you created the criteria. The criteria was already established and you made a good comparison (Lowry/FVV) and a bad one (Crawford/Derozan). Why does it have to be anything more than that?

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Was what I did more arrogant than creating a thread intentionally to take a shot at a player and then being calling someone out because you don't want the criticism?

I mean your OP outright indicates to use the old saying "player X is s rich mans player Y, or a poor mans player Z". Not like you created the criteria. The criteria was already established and you made a good comparison (Lowry/FVV) and a bad one (Crawford/Derozan). Why does it have to be anything more than that?The idea could have been taken in a few ways, it was your faulty assumption that I created this thread specifically to talk about Demar that is wrong.

Kyle Lowry and Fred VanVleet may have more stylistically in common, and that may be how you want to take the question, and that's fine.

But my belief that if you are on a budget that Jamal Crawford can give you mostly the same thing as you get from Demar at a fraction of the price isn't exactly out of this world thinking.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 08:07 PM
The idea could have been taken in a few ways, it was your faulty assumption that I created this thread specifically to talk about Demar that is wrong.

Kyle Lowry and Fred VanVleet may have more stylistically in common, and that may be how you want to take the question, and that's fine.

But my belief that if you are on a budget that Jamal Crawford can give you mostly the same thing as you get from Demar at a fraction of the price isn't exactly out of this world thinking.

Oh by all means of course it's not out of this world. That doesn't mean I'm wrong for saying it's lazy because there's dozens of other players that would have been better to compare to Crawford or Derozan, just like there's other players you could use to compare to AK47 or Draymond.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 08:12 PM
I know, his game is so complete and undeniable that Masai has shopped him for the past 2 years and was willing to trade him for a one in a million chance at keeping Kawhi.

But you, you are the one person seeing him clearly. 2nd team all-nba was a reward for being on a team that won 59 games, nothing more. It's no different than when teams get all-stars because they should for being a top team.

Why didnít they give that reward to Lowry since heís so much better?

All the rankings these sites put out are complete garbage, I would say majority of posters in here, other than you based on what Iíve seen in this thread, would do a much better job. They **** up those rankings simply to get their ratings up.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Those rankings are generally tricky anyway. Otto Porter Jr is ranked higher because his role was much different than Demar's.

Porter would get destroyed if he was given Demar's role. It'd be like Trevor Ariza and Rocketes in his first stint.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 11:49 PM
Why didnít they give that reward to Lowry since heís so much better?

All the rankings these sites put out are complete garbage, I would say majority of posters in here, other than you based on what Iíve seen in this thread, would do a much better job. They **** up those rankings simply to get their ratings up.The All-NBA team is selected by a panel of sportswriters. Which explains why it resembles all-star voting.

ewing
09-24-2018, 06:32 AM
The All-NBA team is selected by a panel of sportswriters. Which explains why it resembles all-star voting.

Yeah the basketball ranking articles you are referencing are a lot more credible

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Yeah the basketball ranking articles you are referencing are a lot more credible

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey are generally backed by data. So yeah. They dont generally reward playground mentality the way fans do.

ewing
09-24-2018, 10:50 AM
They are generally backed by data. So yeah. They dont generally reward playground mentality the way fans do.

I only respect White Anglo Saxon YMCA two handed chest pass basketball

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 11:37 AM
I only respect White Anglo Saxon YMCA two handed chest pass basketballYou know what I mean. It's the opposite of that. It's not about how it looks, which makes up a big part of how people judge a basketball players worth rather than how many things they do on the court that add value to the team.

ewing
09-24-2018, 11:53 AM
You know what I mean. It's the opposite of that. It's not about how it looks, which makes up a big part of how people judge a basketball players worth rather than how many things they do on the court that add value to the team.

Just joking but if you want to rip the All NBA teams as a reference point b/c of the reporters I don't think you can use there lists.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Just joking but if you want to rip the All NBA teams as a reference point b/c of the reporters I don't think you can use there lists.

fair enough. i thought the All-NBA teams were voted on by a large body of essentially beat writers. my bad if that it not correct.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:41 PM
I know, his game is so complete and undeniable that Masai has shopped him for the past 2 years and was willing to trade him for a one in a million chance at keeping Kawhi.

Iím interested to see how much better the Raptors are without our him. If he truly is just the trash you say he is, losing him and adding Kawaii should guarantee you guys win the division. If not, we may have to re-examine his impact. All I know is, heís been the most hurtful force against Bron in the playoffs that your team had. Heís crapped out yes, but your entire team has crapped out. Peak damage has easily been Demar. I wanted to trade Kyrie for him straight up and still would.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Iím interested to see how much better the Raptors are without our him. If he truly is just the trash you say he is, losing him and adding Kawaii should guarantee you guys win the division. If not, we may have to re-examine his impact. All I know is, heís been the most hurtful force against Bron in the playoffs that your team had. Heís crapped out yes, but your entire team has crapped out. Peak damage has easily been Demar. I wanted to trade Kyrie for him straight up and still would.

i doubt we win as many games but i think they are a threat to really win in the post season.

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 10:37 AM

this made me laugh way too much

mrblisterdundee
09-26-2018, 10:50 AM

I was literally typing that just before seeing your post.
Also, Jusuf Nurkic is a poor man's Arvydas Sabonis (pre-injuries).

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 11:07 AM
reggie miller is a poor mans klay thompson

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 02:45 PM
I only respect White Anglo Saxon YMCA two handed chest pass basketball

is your name Coach Dale?

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Jason Richardson is a poor man Vince Carter

Redrum187
09-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Dwyane Wade is a poor mans Jerry West.
Jerry West is a rich mans Dwyane Wade.

Steve Nash is a poor mans Stephen Curry.
Curry is a rich mans Steve Nash.

Ron Artest is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard.
Kawhi Leonard is a rich mans Ron Artest.

Fabricio Oberto is a poor mans Udonis Haslem.
Udonis Haslem is a rich mans Fabricio Oberto.

Steve Kerr is a poor mans Kyle Korver.
Kyle Korver is a rich mans Steve Kerr.

Dan Roundfield is a poor mans Tim Duncan.
Tim Duncan is a rich mans Dan Roundfield.

Redrum187
09-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Rajon Rondo is a poor mans Jason Kidd.
Jason Kidd is a rich mans Rajon Rondo.

Bobby Jones is a poor mans Kevin McHale.
Kevin McHale is a rich mans Bobby Jones.

WaDe03
09-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Dwyane Wade is a poor mans Jerry West.
Jerry West is a rich mans Dwyane Wade.

Steve Nash is a poor mans Stephen Curry.
Curry is a rich mans Steve Nash.

Ron Artest is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard.
Kawhi Leonard is a rich mans Ron Artest.

Fabricio Oberto is a poor mans Udonis Haslem.
Udonis Haslem is a rich mans Fabricio Oberto.

Steve Kerr is a poor mans Kyle Korver.
Kyle Korver is a rich mans Steve Kerr.

Dan Roundfield is a poor mans Tim Duncan.
Tim Duncan is a rich mans Dan Roundfield.

Reported.

Redrum187
09-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Antoine Walker is a poor mans Chris Webber.
Chris Webber is a rich mans Antoine Walker.

ewing
09-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Whatís going on?

IKnowHoops
09-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Antoine Walker is a poor mans Chris Webber.
Chris Webber is a rich mans Antoine Walker.

I see zero likeness in there games

Redrum187
09-27-2018, 10:32 PM
I see zero likeness in there games

Check out their efficiency, assist %, usage %, 3 point shooting, playoff struggles. (In particular their 3 year primes.)

IKnowHoops
09-28-2018, 02:35 AM
Check out their efficiency, assist %, usage %, 3 point shooting, playoff struggles. (In particular their 3 year primes.)

I see no likeness in there skill set or style of play

KingPosey
09-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Dwyane Wade is a very rich mans Mitch Richmond/Kobe Bryant.

Kyle Lowry is a very poor mans Chris Paul.

They are not even close to the same kind of player.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Wade is a very rich Oladipo.