PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy requests a Trade

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

IndyRealist
10-11-2018, 05:55 PM

Heediot
10-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Wiggins and KAT did need a wake up call. Especially Wiggins. He's tissue paper, if he had 1/4 the grit/dog of a Jimmy B he'd be an all star and maybe a top perimeter defender.

buckalis
10-11-2018, 06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1050456052087570433

My take out of this, is that Butler still demands a trade, but him being a pro, he will play until Thibs gets a deal that satisfies him... It proves that Butler is far more of a pro than Kwahi ever was...

The game proves that Butler not only talked to the rest about demanding the "I run this" thing, but he proved to them on the floor that he deserves to be the Captain and run the show.

beasted86
10-11-2018, 06:51 PM
My take out of this, he will play until Thibs gets a deal that satisfies him.

I've been thinking about this, and I have the grandest deal at all possible:

Hawks receive: Dellavedova, Henson and 3x2nd picks from Bucks, Wolves & Kings

Kings receive: Dieng, Morris & Frazier and 2019 1st from Wolves

Wolves receive: Middleton, Bazemore & T.Maker and 2021 1st from Bucks

Bucks receive: Butler & Koufos

If Thibs is not satisfied with this, I know not what satisfies him.

Tg11
10-11-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't know which teams are gonna want Jimmy now especially after this latest practice tirade where he basically challenged his teammates' manhood but also challenged the T Wolves front office/management more or less

YOU ********** NEED ME YOU GUYS CAN'T ********** WIN WITHOUT ME

Yeah Jimmy Butler more or less wants out

All Jimmy want is to be appreciated...I mean he want max dollars since Towns and Wiggins got max money

It all come down to money:

KAT got 5 years $190 million and then y'all give Wiggins 4 years $150 million...like come on

More-Than-Most
10-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Any team with a mature but young core or a really good team with vets who are alphas and butler would be fine... Meaning boston has a mature young core he would be fine there... Toronton he would be fine on as well as houston/warriors/lakers/Thunder

As for philly i think embiid and simmons would keep him in check but who knows.

SfgiantsJD3
10-11-2018, 08:08 PM
My take out of this, is that Butler still demands a trade, but him being a pro, he will play until Thibs gets a deal that satisfies him... It proves that Butler is far more of a pro than Kwahi ever was...

The game proves that Butler not only talked to the rest about demanding the "I run this" thing, but he proved to them on the floor that he deserves to be the Captain and run the show.

If Butler didn't report to camp on the day he did (30 days after it starts) he doesn't accrue a year of service and isn't eligible for FA next season so not sure what hes proving other than not losing that possible MAX money next year is more important than not playing this year.

Kwahi was in the same boat unless he was "injured"

Saddletramp
10-11-2018, 08:22 PM
he is so Russell Crowe in Gladiator

But are you not entertained?

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 08:25 PM
There is no anger managment classes needed with the Bucks... We are famous for our locker room brotherhood because of Giannis ability to unite, inspire and lead his teammates... He even comes up with original punishment ideas if one does something wrong... The other day he filled Delly's car with... popcorn!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Giannis

Finally and truley 100% confirmed

buckalis
10-11-2018, 08:33 PM
If Butler didn't report to camp on the day he did (30 days after it starts) he doesn't accrue a year of service and isn't eligible for FA next season so not sure what hes proving other than not losing that possible MAX money next year is more important than not playing this year.

Kwahi was in the same boat unless he was "injured"

I think he was there before the 30 days expired... He was there working alone, when the team was on tour for preseason games.

Cal827
10-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Congratulation for winners
Now i am eating cake with bestie and celebrate winning streak
https://www.funnyhappybirthdaymemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screenshot_11.jpg

That's cool and all, but I think you would even like this trade:

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 08:58 PM
I'm certain this would:

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 09:25 PM
Post No. 2,000!!!!

We did it guys!!!!!!!

:hi5::cheers::flag::cheer::win:

Teamwork makes the dream work

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 09:31 PM

So who do we believe?

unleashthebeast
10-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Jorge Sedano reported that the deal near the finish line before Thibs asked for melee a couple days ago was Josh Richardson + Dion Waiters + protected 1st for Butler

SportsFanatic10
10-11-2018, 10:24 PM
So who do we believe?

Im going with Teague after seeing how he talked about Butler yesterday after practice. Saying hes his bro and he loves him and such. I dont think hed deny the report for no reason. Maybe Thibs was hiding in the showers or something tho trying to listen and got caught. Lol i wouldnt be surprised by anything from this situation now!

SportsFanatic10
10-11-2018, 10:28 PM
But are you not entertained?

I know i am!

Just wanna say...amazing work on this thread guys! Been refreshing it a bunch of times each day both for updates and laughs. I actually had to sign in and post which i almost never do here these days. Though i still lurk around.

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Teamwork makes the dream work

We do it all the time in the Lakers forum... :)

SportsFanatic10
10-11-2018, 10:37 PM
I want to add about Butler not wanting to wait a year for his max...i cant blame him. So much could happen in that time. And can you ever really trust a team, especially one ran like this one. Its like he said in the interview "ive learned lots of times in live that action speak louder than words".

He could get hurt. The team could decide to go in a different direction looking at him turning 30. Something better might come along. He could (prob not) have a down yr. Promises from front offices just cant be trusted. I mean look at Wade, look at what happened to Blake. You just cant count on loyalty from a business organization.

Stunner
10-11-2018, 10:49 PM
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1050578535402823680?s=21

[emoji24]

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Trade him for nothing but future picks, then tank for Zion!

FlashBolt
10-11-2018, 10:53 PM
What I don't get is how do you let a player walk into YOUR team and talk that much trash about everyone and not a single person did anything. Jimmy Butler was right.. these guys, top to bottom, are soft as well. I can't imagine any other competent franchise letting any player walk all over them like that.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 10:57 PM
What I don't get is how do you let a player walk into YOUR team and talk that much trash about everyone and not a single person did anything. Jimmy Butler was right.. these guys, top to bottom, are soft as well. I can't imagine any other competent franchise letting any player walk all over them like that.

Kobe did it to the Laker players when he was washed😂

FlashBolt
10-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Kobe did it to the Laker players when he was washed😂

Yeah but that was Kobe. Jimmy Butler ain't no Kobe, lol.

Cal827
10-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Post No. 2,000!!!!

We did it guys!!!!!!!

:hi5::cheers::flag::cheer::win:

It's been a while since PSD has had such a legendary thread like this :laugh2:

And this one is right after the thankful thread :laugh:

Not sure if you guys remember the "Jamaal Charles was almost traded to Washington" thread in the NFL forum, but this is close to that level

IKnowHoops
10-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah but that was Kobe. Jimmy Butler ain't no Kobe, lol.

True but Kobe was washed and Jimmy would whoop Kobeís azz so it all kind of evens out

SportsFanatic10
10-11-2018, 11:31 PM

For sure. Someone needed to stand up for themlselves and the team at some point during all that! Honestly it would of prob earned the respect of a guy like Jimmy and not turned into anything as serious as people think. And how does the coach and staff allow Butler in that aggressive state to pick his team of 3rd stringers and take on the starters.

Normally that would be fine with me as the coach. But not under these crazy circumstances, knowing it would be leaked somehow and disgrace the mentally fragile KAT and Wigs. Prob gave their confidence a big hit. I guess Wiggins is just a lost cause anyways, but they certainly dont seem like the type to grow from this and man up.

But im so glad it happened. Honestly one of my favorite nba stories of all time. Makes me want Butler in Miami really badly now. Him and Wade are boys and he is well suited for the Heat culture. Despite a lack of amazing talent the Heat have scrapy young players that he can lead into war.

WaDe03
10-11-2018, 11:42 PM
It's been a while since PSD has had such a legendary thread like this :laugh2:

And this one is right after the thankful thread :laugh:

Not sure if you guys remember the "Jamaal Charles was almost traded to Washington" thread in the NFL forum, but this is close to that level

Praying for the mods after they went against majority of PSDs wishes to sticky that thankful thread. God bless them and may their judgment not be too rough!

WaDe03
10-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Get it done Pat you old washed bag of ****!!!

GREATNESS ONE
10-11-2018, 11:47 PM
True but Kobe was washed and Jimmy would whoop Kobeís azz so it all kind of evens out

Stunner
10-12-2018, 12:00 AM
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1050570236238487552?s=21

FlashBolt
10-12-2018, 12:01 AM
For sure. Someone needed to stand up for themlselves and the team at some point during all that! Honestly it would of prob earned the respect of a guy like Jimmy and not turned into anything as serious as people think. And how does the coach and staff allow Butler in that aggressive state to pick his team of 3rd stringers and take on the starters.

Normally that would be fine with me as the coach. But not under these crazy circumstances, knowing it would be leaked somehow and disgrace the mentally fragile KAT and Wigs. Prob gave their confidence a big hit. I guess Wiggins is just a lost cause anyways, but they certainly dont seem like the type to grow from this and man up.

But im so glad it happened. Honestly one of my favorite nba stories of all time. Makes me want Butler in Miami really badly now. Him and Wade are boys and he is well suited for the Heat culture. Despite a lack of amazing talent the Heat have scrapy young players that he can lead into war.

Jimmy B. would never do that in the Heat cause he has respect for them. Jimmy B clearly has zero respect for this franchise because they are softies. I bet he is secretly challenging them in the best way he knows how and they still likely don't care lol. Too busy playing PUBG and Fortnite I bet

SportsFanatic10
10-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Jimmy B. would never do that in the Heat cause he has respect for them. Jimmy B clearly has zero respect for this franchise because they are softies. I bet he is secretly challenging them in the best way he knows how and they still likely don't care lol. Too busy playing PUBG and Fortnite I bet

Yep i fully agree. Thats why i dont buy the notion that hed be a nightmare in every team and lockerroom. He just needs guys who lay it all on the line and go hard in the gym and especially on defense like him. Guys he knows wont let him down for lack of trying. Ones that are hungry to improve and win. And an organization with discipline, that doesnt hesitate to pay him a max, and especially not hand them out to lesser soft players before securing him.

Quick side note...i ****ing hate fortnite! Theres so many better games out there lol. I cant figure out why its blown up so much, but i dont like arcadey type games and always prefer realistic/sim type games so maybe its just me.

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 01:19 AM

😂 Iím trying to make a point

MygirlhatesCod
10-12-2018, 09:26 AM
the more stuff that comes out about this situation makes jimmy perfect for a partnership with westbrook. I would love to see that unfold. either the competitive monsters would kill each other or make some kind of beautiful relationship.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Pat hung up on Thibs, when Thibs asked for more assets. So maybe that bridge is burnt now. Morey grinning ear to ear now I bet. If Morey gets Butler for Gordon and Tucker man oh man GM of the year right there. Unless some other team jumps in and pays a bit more.

buckalis
10-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Pat hung up on Thibs, when Thibs asked for more assets. So maybe that bridge is burnt now. Morey grinning ear to ear now I bet. If Morey gets Butler for Gordon and Tucker man oh man GM of the year right there. Unless some other team jumps in and pays a bit more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html?guccounter=1

"Thereís been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didnít want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ĎOK forget it, letís just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.í They finally relented on Josh Richardson. They were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler and then a protected first-round pick.

The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally ó I was told ó called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."

This proposed deal can be easily beaten to dust by the Bucks if they offer Middleton... Thibs was right to ask for more...

Pierzynski4Prez
10-12-2018, 09:57 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html?guccounter=1

"Thereís been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didnít want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ĎOK forget it, letís just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.í They finally relented on Josh Richardson. They were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler and then a protected first-round pick.

The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally ó I was told ó called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."

This proposed deal can be easily beaten to dust by the Bucks if they offer Middleton... Thibs was right to ask for more...

Thibs should've been on phone with the Bucks, Hawks, and Kings. I've come up with a great trade for all that there is no way Thibs could say no.

buckalis
10-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Thibs should've been on phone with the Bucks, Hawks, and Kings. I've come up with a great trade for all that there is no way Thibs could say no.

You don't have the brains to think of this, partly the reason why you've stolen my post... Keep reading my posts, it will improve your intelligence!

Here is another one for you if Dieng is to be excluded:

Bucks receive: Jimmy Butler
Wolves receive: Chris Middleton, Mat Dellavedova & 2021 1st

Hawkeye15
10-12-2018, 10:25 AM
why would a team offer anything of substance at this point? If Miami wants him, just wait until the trade deadline. I can't imagine the first 50 games fixes anything.

Besides, I selfishly want to see the Wolves organization suffer.

buckalis
10-12-2018, 10:40 AM
why would a team offer anything of substance at this point? If Miami wants him, just wait until the trade deadline. I can't imagine the first 50 games fixes anything.

Besides, I selfishly want to see the Wolves organization suffer.

Agree with you that if he would end up to the Heat, the Heat would only secure a place in the playoffs and then loose 1st round... But for the Bucks to include Middleton (for who the Heat asked for) and trade for Butler, it makes a lot of sense, because both are on expiring contracts...

Only that the Bucks will win the East and play against GSW in the finals if they replace Middleton with Butler now...

Further more, the Bucks have the assets as to trade for Kemba Walker too (for example: Ilyasova + Brogdon + something) later this season (when the Hornets will have no hope to rank higher) and if end up with Kemba + Butler + Giannis, could be in a position to seriously challenge and beat GSW in the finals... see?

AllBall
10-12-2018, 10:54 AM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1050578535402823680

Also reported that Riley said ďGet your bleeping house in order!Ē

lol, Wolves are a hot mess. If they get off to a slow start or hit a losing streak, it's all going to blow up.

buckalis
10-12-2018, 11:12 AM
I wonder... will Butler be playing tonight against the Bucks at new Fiserv forum world class arena? Will he be travelling with the team if he won't play?

If he will be present, will he be shown around the world leading facilities that the Bucks players are enjoying in the new premises and training center?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzwYDMAaKo

Stunner
10-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Heís not even with the team

buckalis
10-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Heís not even with the team

You have a link on this?

I guess if he isn't, he'll be informed by some other players on how players are treated like kings in MIL...

EDIT: But you don't have a link or other reliable source... is it? ...you just post "whatever"...

TheDish87
10-12-2018, 11:43 AM
I wonder... will Butler be playing tonight against the Bucks at new Fiserv forum world class arena? Will he be travelling with the team if he won't play?

If he will be present, will he be shown around the world leading facilities that the Bucks players are enjoying in the new premises and training center?

wut?

buckalis
10-12-2018, 11:45 AM
wut?

woout

GREATNESS ONE
10-12-2018, 11:49 AM

buckalis
10-12-2018, 11:59 AM
I wonder... will Butler be playing tonight against the Bucks at the new Fiserv forum world class arena? Will he be traveling with the team if he won't play?

If he will be present, will he be shown around the world leading facilities that the Bucks players are enjoying like kings do in the new premises and training center? or... he will be informed by some of his co players who will stand in awe?

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2017/08/03/1559992/1501773169938-training-center-opening-tour-v5-1559992

AllBall
10-12-2018, 12:15 PM
You have a link on this?

I guess if he isn't, he'll be informed by some other players on how players are treated like kings in MIL...

EDIT: But you don't have a link or other reliable source... is it? ...you just post "whatever"...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24966023/jimmy-butler-not-minnesota-timberwolves-final-preseason-game

Hawkeye15
10-12-2018, 12:20 PM
I wonder... will Butler be playing tonight against the Bucks at the new Fiserv forum world class arena? Will he be traveling with the team if he won't play?

If he will be present, will he be shown around the world leading facilities that the Bucks players are enjoying like kings do in the new premises and training center? or... he will be informed by some of his co players who will stand in awe?

https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2017/08/03/1559992/1501773169938-training-center-opening-tour-v5-1559992

per Thib's, Butler is back in Minneapolis working on conditioning.

Butler will be with the Wolves for this season. Thib's knows his only chance is to fix the Butler situation, or get a haul back that gets wins. So Thib's will act only on his own self interest.

mightybosstone
10-12-2018, 12:22 PM

I dunno man. I guess that's OK, but I've been playing around with the NBA trade machine, and I came up with the perfect four-team deal. There's NO WAY Thibs would turn this down:

(For the record, I actually put this into the trade machine, and I was going to post the link for dramatic effect, but the link is broken and it wouldn't let me.)

Tg11
10-12-2018, 02:37 PM
What is with Jimmy Butler to Milwaukee trade offers that you guys are still stuck on trying to make? It ain't gonna happen because Jimmy Butler is not going to Milwaukee and what makes y'all think he goin there? Preferred destination is Miami but after Pat Riley rejected the deal...Jimmy Butler is gon go to a contender and the only teams that Jimmy can go to and actually compete:

76ers, Thunder, Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, etc.

However, the teams who have cap space that he can go to:

Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Raptors, Celtics and Lakers

beasted86
10-12-2018, 02:38 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

According to Woj, the Wolves and Bucks are putting together a blockbuster deal, link to follow:

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 02:39 PM
What is with Jimmy Butler to Milwaukee trade offers that you guys are still stuck on trying to make? It ain't gonna happen because Jimmy Butler is not going to Milwaukee and what makes y'all think he goin there? Preferred destination is Miami but after Pat Riley rejected the deal...Jimmy Butler is gon go to a contender and the only teams that Jimmy can go to and actually compete:

😂😂 I feel ya buddy

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-12-2018, 02:41 PM

WaDe03
10-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Really like the 4 team deals you guys have been proposing. Please keep them coming, very well thought out and great for the forum!!

mightybosstone
10-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Honestly, it's because once I personally ingeniously envisioned (with the help of no one else) that incredible four-team trade to the Bucks, I just couldn't see any other trade scenario possibly happening. I have no doubt that the Bucks front office reads PSD, has come across this brilliant trade scenario and is in the process of finalizing the trade as we speak.

Butler to the Bucks is simply a foregone conclusion at this point. It is the only possible outcome.

Oefarmy2005
10-12-2018, 03:31 PM
You seriously put the Knicks as a team that would compete? Yeah, they will compete for who gets a higher lottery pick, that's about it. I hope your post was sarcastic. But while we are at it, if Butler went to the Bucks he would surely compete for a championship from day one. I came up with this little trade that makes all teams involved better. There is no way Thibs says NO to this if it's offered:

IKnowHoops
10-12-2018, 03:57 PM

Does Jimmy last 2 weeks into the season? Gonna be hard to suit him up. I think the owner is stepping in behind the scenes to get something done.

Oefarmy2005
10-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Does Jimmy last 2 weeks into the season? Gonna be hard to suit him up. I think the owner is stepping in behind the scenes to get something done.

Well, yeah, Taylor is definitely pushing this behind the scenes, otherwise how do you translate the whole "get your house in order" comment that Riley made to Thibs(allegedly). To me, it means that it's possible that he and Thibs came to a trade agreement, but Taylor didn't like the haul and basically forced Thibs to ask for more picks. That's how i'd read into it.

IndyRealist
10-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Well, yeah, Taylor is definitely pushing this behind the scenes, otherwise how do you translate the whole "get your house in order" comment that Riley made to Thibs(allegedly). To me, it means that it's possible that he and Thibs came to a trade agreement, but Taylor didn't like the haul and basically forced Thibs to ask for more picks. That's how i'd read into it.

I read it the exact opposite way. Thibs doesn't want to trade Butler and keeps moving the goalposts to keep a deal from happening. Everything from the owner suggests he wants it done asap.

Stunner
10-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Players speaking out

https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1050856511264706562?s=21

buckalis
10-12-2018, 05:41 PM
I read it the exact opposite way. Thibs doesn't want to trade Butler and keeps moving the goalposts to keep a deal from happening. Everything from the owner suggests he wants it done asap.

Agree... IMO, Taylor tries hard to force Thibs to resign as to quit from his contract and not pay him, but Thibs is an "old NBA mouse" as to fall in that a cheap trap...

EDIT:...and all this "players game" and "players meeting" that "Butler got them to have"... that's all BS... Those things can't happen unless the coach approves them... It was Thibs that designed and proposed the "strategy" that Butler (only) executed...

Stunner
10-12-2018, 07:03 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1050882093960613888?s=21

Twolves88
10-12-2018, 07:48 PM
hey guys!

I was playing around with the trade machine and I came up with this awesome idea.

This deal is awesome for all sides involved. The wolves get clear value and the bucks get exactly what they want! And they don't even have to give up a lot of assets. The hawks are totally in this trade because of the 3 second round picks. What team doesn't need more all stars on their roster. I mean Gilbert Arena's and Draymond Green came out of this round!

I think this is the most brilliant trade I have ever came up with!

P.S. Gm's if your reading PSD I better get credit for this idea if you do it or I'm going to be livid.

IndyRealist
10-12-2018, 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1050882093960613888?s=21

Whatever this tweet was he took it down.

Jamiecballer
10-12-2018, 08:32 PM
1050761405450911749As in the Twolves are on their knees with their tongues out while Jimmy serves up his fluid.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Stunner
10-12-2018, 09:24 PM
https://twitter.com/christopherhine/status/1050916609559355392?s=21

Stunner
10-12-2018, 09:48 PM
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/1050923939252379649?s=21

specialiststeve
10-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Pat Riley statement:
ďAs to what has been reported in the past 24 hours, I have too much respect for Tom Thibodeau and all that heís accomplished in the league. Our conversations have been nothing but cordial and I have never used that kind of language in negotiations.

Knew that was way over blown.....

ďSo they finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson. Then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which, really, generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks." via South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Understand why Tib's called back and wanted more.... Richardson is "nice", Waiters is barely a rotation player and a protected 1st rounder is not great value.... NO way I would swing that deal either. Bad part is that the medicals part as it seems that is the "deal" part that appears to mean "i agree" to NBA deals. Tib's coming to his senses a bit late did not make him look real good though. Pretty clear Tib's doesn't give a rip about public perception....

More-Than-Most
10-12-2018, 10:20 PM
but per wade and his "sourches" richardson was never in any of the offers lol... And yea I am with thibs on this... You are forced to take DW while only getting a bench piece and a protected 1st? Na

Saddletramp
10-12-2018, 10:23 PM
I guarantee Riley has called someone a motherf***er in negotiations. Maybe not directly, but, I mean, címon, probably directly.

Chronz
10-12-2018, 11:16 PM
I guarantee Riley has called someone a motherf***er in negotiations. Maybe not directly, but, I mean, címon, probably directly.

Maybe he got word all hope would be lost unless he gave a dissenting pov

Stunner
10-13-2018, 12:12 AM
https://twitter.com/herring_nba/status/1050960473129185281?s=21

IndyRealist
10-13-2018, 01:43 AM
They need to re-establish control in the locker room. Right now every bench guy and probably the coach are rooting for Butler.

20 game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. The first day he is eligible to play, trade him. Is this little mutiny worth $5 million?

Cal827
10-13-2018, 08:27 AM
They need to re-establish control in the locker room. Right now every bench guy and probably the coach are rooting for Butler.

20 game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. The first day he is eligible to play, trade him. Is this little mutiny worth $5 million?

I'm not in anyways defending Butler being an ***hole, but I wonder if the highers-up of the organization are starting to think that they made a huge mistake signing these guys to max contracts. As much as Butler's a ****face, he works his *** off day in and day out, and you'd want players on the team to be giving similar effort in order to get better/grow as a group. It doesn't seem like either of their big money players could give that much effort. Whether that's just because of their demeanor or because they basically were thinking **** this guy he's going to be gone anyways and he's just embellishing it, we don't know, but regardless.

ewing
10-13-2018, 09:14 AM

I agree and who cares. I doubt Thib does. Tom is from the Van Gundy tree. he is basically a Riley disciple. fake news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 09:40 AM

good luck Ö the players association would **** on the league like they always do... not to mention Silver would never let it happen...

buckalis
10-13-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm not in anyways defending Butler being an ***hole, but I wonder if the highers-up of the organization are starting to think that they made a huge mistake signing these guys to max contracts. As much as Butler's a ****face, he works his *** off day in and day out, and you'd want players on the team to be giving similar effort in order to get better/grow as a group. It doesn't seem like either of their big money players could give that much effort. Whether that's just because of their demeanor or because they basically were thinking **** this guy he's going to be gone anyways and he's just embellishing it, we don't know, but regardless.

Butler is right calling KAT and Wiggins "softies" that don't worth their money... Giannis absolutely bullied KAT and Gibson in yesterday's game before he left the game midway the 3rd quarter having a triple double with 32/11/10 + some blocks in only 25 minutes...

It looked like he was doing Butler a favor...

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 09:43 AM

you could replace a wiggins on this team with a middling turd (ie Bazemore) and they would be better off by far.

IndyRealist
10-13-2018, 09:52 AM
good luck Ö the players association would **** on the league like they always do... not to mention Silver would never let it happen...

Silver wouldn't have a choice, and he's always leaned toward punishing players anyway. The NBAPA would balk and probably demand arbitration, which -might- lessen the suspension, not remove it. And even then it could take weeks for arbitration to make a decision which would cost him 10-20 games no matter what.

Butler says he's a competitor and wants to win no matter what, being forced to sit would drive him nuts.

IndyRealist
10-13-2018, 09:56 AM

Sunk cost.

You are stuck with those guys now regardless. What matters now is getting the most out of what you have, and right now your team isn't playing as a unit. If this continues their team is going to be so fractured the only choice they'll have is to trade away their entire bench.

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Silver wouldn't have a choice, and he's always leaned toward punishing players anyway. The NBAPA would balk and probably demand arbitration, which -might- lessen the suspension, not remove it. And even then it could take weeks for arbitration to make a decision which would cost him 10-20 games no matter what.

Butler says he's a competitor and wants to win no matter what, being forced to sit would drive him nuts.

last top 15 player suspended by a TEAM for double digit games...

I'll wait

ewing
10-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Sunk cost.

You are stuck with those guys now regardless. What matters now is getting the most out of what you have, and right now your team isn't playing as a unit. If this continues their team is going to be so fractured the only choice they'll have is to trade away their entire bench.

They were very successful with this exact core last year. Why do you think it canít work? They look fractured right now when they have no choice but to play together they should

buckalis
10-13-2018, 10:18 AM
you could replace a wiggins on this team with a middling turd (ie Bazemore) and they would be better off by far.

Wolves have nothing that fits in Hawks trade requirements as to propose a deal for Bazemore... It's a pick and an asset, or two picks, or three 2nd picks required and then only contracts that have 2-years to expire (of which the Hawks will waive the players) as money fillers... Hawks won't take expiring or 3 year remaining contracts for money fillers...

EDIT: Expiring they won't take because they've put Carmelo's salary in their books for this year and have avoided to be taxed, it's for next season they are looking to avoid being taxed and then the third season they will move to invest on major contracts for their roster.

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Wolves have nothing that fits in Hawks trade requirements as to propose a deal for Bazemore... It's a pick and an asset, or two picks, or three 2nd picks required and then only contracts that have 2-years to expire (of which the Hawks will waive the players) as money fillers... Hawks won't take expiring or 3 year remaining contracts for money fillers...

SMFH

because I was talking about a trade Ö not the relative skill level (turd)

stick to your ridiculous trade scenarios... at least you are good for a laugh when I read those posts

buckalis
10-13-2018, 10:26 AM
SMFH

because I was talking about a trade Ö not the relative skill level (turd)

stick to your ridiculous trade scenarios... at least you are good for a laugh when I read those posts

it's because you are an ignorant...

Hawks won't take expiring because they've put Carmelo's salary in their books for this year and have avoided to be taxed, it's for next season they are looking to avoid being taxed and then the third season they will move to invest on major contracts for their roster.

buckalis
10-13-2018, 10:36 AM

Hawks won't take expiring because they've put Carmelo's salary in their books for this year and have avoided to be taxed, it's for next season they are looking to avoid being taxed and then the third season they will move to invest on major contracts for their roster.

Hawks are 45M short at the moment for 19-20 season... Obviously you are unaware that in NBA a team is heavily taxed for being below the minimum salary limit... Hawks will also trade (expiring) Lin & Dedmon this season, for 2-year bad contracts (that they'll waive) which expire after the 19-20 season and they'll ask for an asset and a pick, or two picks to be added...

EDIT: Therefore in this deal...

...Hawks are a huge winner, because they get 3 picks and 2M more than Bazemore's salary (falling out of the sky) as to add in their books for 19/20 season... Delly and Henson, they'll waive (so that they don't occupy roster spots aimed for the picks they are collecting) exactly like they did with Carmelo.

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 10:57 AM

the irony is palpable

buckalis
10-13-2018, 11:02 AM
the irony is palpable

"Irony is the only way you can have ignorants wake up and think" (Socrates)

Vinylman
10-13-2018, 11:15 AM
"Irony is the only way you can have ignorants wake up and think" (Socrates)

hope it helps you..

maybe you can post another trade scenario for us. I haven't had enough good laughs at your expense today.

buckalis
10-13-2018, 11:26 AM
SMFH

....stick to your ridiculous trade scenarios... at least you are good for a laugh when I read those posts

See...? see now how ignorants talk on things they know nothing about and don't care to ask as to be explained to them, as to "why what seems "good enough for a laugh"" to them (in their ignorance), has a perfect explanation if they cared to check before they open their "big mouth" trying to bully (again, in their ignorance) their corespondent?

That's why Irony (in its original meaning) is needed sometimes as to get bullied the one that thinks is smart enough as to bully others!

Now I know that you will be more careful next time, and that will make you a better conversatore (thanks to me)!

buckalis
10-13-2018, 11:36 AM
hope it helps you..

You can't shallow your pride being heart badly... can you?

maybe you can post another trade scenario for us.

Ohhh... are you calling other ignorants (out of the plenty that are here among trolls) as to assist you, getting your pride back?

I haven't had enough good laughs at your expense today.

Those tears in your eyes I can feel... along with your inability to reply and argue on the subject, are they there because you've been humiliated here?

IKnowHoops
10-13-2018, 11:39 AM

I'll wait

Ron Artest/Jermaine OíNeal

Rivera
10-13-2018, 11:53 AM

I'll wait

the one that pops in my head by a team, is Gilbert Arenas when he pulled the gun in the locker room against Critterton

but I dont remember if that was an NBA suspension or a Wizards suspension

the other one is Spree when he choked his coach, that was a team suspension

that wasnt a team suspension, that was a league suspension

buckalis
10-13-2018, 11:54 AM

Butler won't be suspended... not after the humiliation the Wolves (and KAT in particular) had against the Bucks yesterday... The man (KAT) just signed a supermax contract and got bullied by Giannies on the floor yesterday...

Some people in MIN F.O. will be thinking on how they distribute their salaries... Some fans (that thought of KAT as being equal or near Giannis) will be revising... The winner out of this is Thibs (and Jimmy as a consequence)... I can imagine Thibs being back and telling the ownership and the F.O. "I told you so"...

beasted86
10-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Butler won't be suspended... not after the humiliation the Wolves (and KAT in particular) had against the Bucks yesterday... The man (KAT) just signed a supermax contract and got bullied by Giannies on the floor yesterday...

Some people in MIN F.O. will be thinking on how they distribute their salaries... Some fans (that thought of KAT as being equal or near Giannis) will be revising... The winner out of this is Thibs (and Jimmy as a consequence)... I can imagine Thibs being back and telling the ownership and the F.O. "I told you so"...

Wolves would be best suited trying to poach some of that talent off of the Bucks.

I just came up with a perfect trade scenario of my own that works:

This will make everyone happy!

Scoots
10-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Sprewell trying to choke out the coach, but the union got him reinstated.

So, Uncle Dennis cost Kawhi over $100M ... Jimmy is doing this now to NOT lose the money Kawhi gave away.

buckalis
10-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Wolves would be best suited trying to poach some of that talent off of the Bucks.

I just came up with a perfect trade scenario of my own that works:

This will make everyone happy!

I don't know... perhaps the Bucks should get back both Butler and KAT for that and add Giannis to make this more fair? That would make more sense, wouldn't it?

Also... why include the Kings and don't deal Dieng directly to the Hawks? Dieng for Bazemore should make the Hawks very happy indeed...

Also... why the Wolves proposed to get Middleton back for Butler to the Bucks? They can get Middleton by offering Teague and even get Brogdon and Brown added!

Can you explain all this you propose to me?

EDIT: IMO, Bucks receive: Teague, Wolves receive: Bazemore, Middleton, Brogdon & Brown and Hawks receive: Dieng ....is an extremely fair deal that the Hawks and the Bucks would be more than happy to accept over the stupid one you propose...

IndyRealist
10-13-2018, 01:28 PM
If Thibodeau and Taylor are serious about doing whatís right for their team Ė rather than what pleases Miamiís Pat Riley, no matter how profane he allegedly gets Ė they should be looking seriously at the options they have for enforcing their deal with Butler. A fine, a suspension and maybe even a breach-of-contract showdown should be on the table, given his conduct already detrimental to the team. But there is no sense the Wolves are ready to play hardball, or even contemplating it.

Itís disquieting, too, that none of Butlerís teammates has called him on his selfishness. When Kevin Garnett dominated Wolves practices with his game and his mouth, it was fuel and energy for the future Hall of Famer and his teammates. When Butler did that this week, it was all about Jimmy.
https://www.nba.com/article/2018/10/12/butler-collateral-damage-mounting-timberwolves

FlashBolt
10-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Being a head coach and president of a team is such a poor idea. I hate when owners think it'll work wonders. These guys simply can't do the job.

buckalis
10-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Being a head coach and president of a team is such a poor idea. I hate when owners think it'll work wonders. These guys simply can't do the job.

Yeah... they better fire them all and hire you and all other 29 trolls that rank behind you!

...and the troll leader prize goes to.... YOU!

Chronz
10-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Yeah... they better fire them all and hire you and all other 29 trolls that rank behind you!

I think he's saying trans need 2 distinctly qualified guys to do 2 distinctly different jobs. Clips traded doc for west and co

buckalis
10-13-2018, 05:20 PM
I think he's saying trans need 2 distinctly qualified guys to do 2 distinctly different jobs. Clips traded doc for west and co

It's not what I read... he concludes: "These guys simply can't do the job."... which is a conclusion only "one that can do the job" can have... isn't it?

Scoots
10-13-2018, 06:51 PM
It's not what I read... he concludes: "These guys simply can't do the job."... which is a conclusion only "one that can do the job" can have... isn't it?

I read what he wrote as saying that GM and Coach is more than one man can do, or that the jobs are in direct conflict with each other and one man doing both means he's going to do a poor job at both almost by definition.

FlashBolt
10-13-2018, 08:20 PM

Lmao, you're trying so hard to troll me but all you're doing is further proving you are clueless. Glad to know I upset you so much that your purpose in this site has been to quote and try to troll me. It won't work. I'm your daddy and I know you best, my son.

GREATNESS ONE
10-13-2018, 09:04 PM
:laugh2:

IKnowHoops
10-14-2018, 03:48 AM
This has been a funny thread

In the spirit of laughter

I want to share with you a clip from a movie that made me laugh harder than any movie before it. Cried the very first time I saw it.

I know itís off topic but itís a nice intermission....

Trust me...

Enjoy......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUalR0dQ6w

buckalis
10-14-2018, 06:52 AM
Lmao, you're trying so hard to troll me but all you're doing is further proving you are clueless. Glad to know I upset you so much that your purpose in this site has been to quote and try to troll me. It won't work. I'm your daddy and I know you best, my son.

I'd rather say that the clueless one, is the one that says:"These guys simply can't do the job." and refers to people that have been in the sport for ages and have contributed in building it up with much success... Critisisms like that can only be done by other people that have served in similar positions and then, these kind of statements are only valuable if they are bucked up with reasoning.

buckalis
10-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Personally, I perfectly understand people like Thibs, when they demand to have full control on the roster that suits them...

It is often that owners don't have a clue on basketball basics and they invest in teams motivated by their wealth and perhaps their links with the society and fans that surrounds the team... The worst thing that can happen, is if they select a GM that comes from business background different to sports and then he chooses a coach and expects him to coach a successful team without the coach having a word on the roster he needs...

In the most successful organizations, the owner puts the money, he chooses a GM that has deep knowledge on the sport and then the GM choose out of his experience with the sport a coach that he trusts and can communicate with... If the GM has little relation with how a successful team is build, then it's best if the coach directs the whole process...

In the Wolves case we are discussing here, it is clear that the ownership has chosen a side on a conflict between players, while they shouldn't interfere at all... Locker room relations between players is all under the coach responsibility and the management has no business to interfere on these matters.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Either way Jimmy Butler is out of Minnesota by next summer or even by the trade deadline like that is just a given at this point y'all. His situation reminds me a lot like the Kawhi Leonard situation out there in San Antonio so it won't surprise me if Jimmy decides to sit out due to frustration with the team/management.

Dade County
10-14-2018, 10:38 AM
This has been a funny thread

In the spirit of laughter

I want to share with you a clip from a movie that made me laugh harder than any movie before it. Cried the very first time I saw it.

I know itís off topic but itís a nice intermission....

Trust me...

Enjoy......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUalR0dQ6w

WTH Man!

Crazy

Vinylman
10-14-2018, 10:41 AM

by the team dude... they were suspended by the league... apples and oranges

Vinylman
10-14-2018, 10:54 AM
the one that pops in my head by a team, is Gilbert Arenas when he pulled the gun in the locker room against Critterton

but I dont remember if that was an NBA suspension or a Wizards suspension

the other one is Spree when he choked his coach, that was a team suspension

that wasnt a team suspension, that was a league suspension

couple of things... Arenas was suspended by the league and wasn't anywhere near top 15 the year he was suspended... his best days were far in his rearview mirror

as for Sprewell... he was initially suspended by the team for 10 games at which time he was willing to accept the punishment the league then got involved and suspended him for a year Ö again... this was due to the original assault but more importantly because he went back into the facility and fought through people to try and get at PJ again which was deemed a premeditated attempt. Of course all that suspension stuff was partially overturned by an arbitrator and his last two years of his contract were reinstated.

most importantly, Spre was no where near top 15 in the league.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Now just gotta see which teams are in the sweepstakes because after this tirade and Butler being in the news so much it has pretty much hurt his trade value because no team is gonna want to give him max dollars unless they do decide to take a gamble and do it but then which teams are eligible to go after Jimmy Buckets:

- Nets apparently could be on the verge of becoming relevant once again and the way to do is by going after Butler but apparently their GM Sean Marks is interested and he wants to turn this team around adding Butler before next summerís free agency even opens up would make them that much more appealing as a landing spot for big names, who may currently feel hesitant to join what still appears to be a late-stage rebuild. Even though that all sort of sounds farfetched at the moment, Brooklyn does have the requisite cap space to trade for the Marquette product, sign him to a max extension and still have room left over to go after another max-level player in the 2019 offseason, so it may not be out of the realm of possibilities. To get Butler in a Nets jersey they could offer a package featuring the Denver Nuggetsí top-12 protected 2019 first-round pick, as well as defensive-minded wing Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, whoís still on his rookie-scale deal for another year. And just to make the salaries work, Brooklyn could include 3-and-D specialist DeMarre Carroll, who had a solid bounce-back season for the Nets in 2017-18.

- Knicks because they have cap space and next summer are looking to be big spenders could decide to go after Jimmy and they are the front runners to get him. After all, rumors are already rampant regarding their plans to use their cap room to chase stars like Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. In order to increase interest from any of the big free-agent names set to be available next July, the Knicks could try to execute a deal for Butler to become more enticing as a landing spot.

- Denver Nuggets because they have cap space as well. One important aspect of having such a talented-but-young team is that Denver currently has an outstanding crop of trade assets, with multiple players who could be the focal point of a big-time trade for an All-Star. Players like Jamal Murray, Gary Harris and Michael Porter Jr. would all make sense as centerpieces for such a deal.

- 76ers another front runner because they also have cap space and if you pair Butler up with Embiid and Simmons it is pretty much a guarantee to compete in the East possibly even win the East with those 3. Include Saric, Covington and probably Fultz and draft picks to the Wolves to get Butler if the 76ers were smart they would do it.

- Last team being the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have various young assets that could headline such a deal. Someone like Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma would make sense as a primary return for the Wolves, as both are on rookie-scale deals and possess good-to-great upside. Kuzma, in particular, could be a real fun and, more importantly, sensical frontcourt partner for Towns, as his floor-spacing from the 4-spot is perfectly suited to mesh with someone who dominates the paint like the Minnesota big man.

That may seem pricey, but landing Butler to go with James and other parts like Lonzo Ball, one of Ingram or Kuzma, and Josh Hart, would make the Lakers quite the formidable team Ė one readier to challenge for more than just a first- or second-round playoff run.

Alayla
10-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Now just gotta see which teams are in the sweepstakes because after this tirade and Butler being in the news so much it has pretty much hurt his trade value because no team is gonna want to give him max dollars unless they do decide to take a gamble and do it but then which teams are eligible to go after Jimmy Buckets:

- Nets apparently could be on the verge of becoming relevant once again and the way to do is by going after Butler but apparently their GM Sean Marks is interested and he wants to turn this team around adding Butler before next summerís free agency even opens up would make them that much more appealing as a landing spot for big names, who may currently feel hesitant to join what still appears to be a late-stage rebuild. Even though that all sort of sounds farfetched at the moment, Brooklyn does have the requisite cap space to trade for the Marquette product, sign him to a max extension and still have room left over to go after another max-level player in the 2019 offseason, so it may not be out of the realm of possibilities. To get Butler in a Nets jersey they could offer a package featuring the Denver Nuggetsí top-12 protected 2019 first-round pick, as well as defensive-minded wing Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, whoís still on his rookie-scale deal for another year. And just to make the salaries work, Brooklyn could include 3-and-D specialist DeMarre Carroll, who had a solid bounce-back season for the Nets in 2017-18.

- Knicks because they have cap space and next summer are looking to be big spenders could decide to go after Jimmy and they are the front runners to get him. After all, rumors are already rampant regarding their plans to use their cap room to chase stars like Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. In order to increase interest from any of the big free-agent names set to be available next July, the Knicks could try to execute a deal for Butler to become more enticing as a landing spot.

- Denver Nuggets because they have cap space as well. One important aspect of having such a talented-but-young team is that Denver currently has an outstanding crop of trade assets, with multiple players who could be the focal point of a big-time trade for an All-Star. Players like Jamal Murray, Gary Harris and Michael Porter Jr. would all make sense as centerpieces for such a deal.

- 76ers another front runner because they also have cap space and if you pair Butler up with Embiid and Simmons it is pretty much a guarantee to compete in the East possibly even win the East with those 3. Include Saric, Covington and probably Fultz and draft picks to the Wolves to get Butler if the 76ers were smart they would do it.

- Last team being the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have various young assets that could headline such a deal. Someone like Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma would make sense as a primary return for the Wolves, as both are on rookie-scale deals and possess good-to-great upside. Kuzma, in particular, could be a real fun and, more importantly, sensical frontcourt partner for Towns, as his floor-spacing from the 4-spot is perfectly suited to mesh with someone who dominates the paint like the Minnesota big man.

That may seem pricey, but landing Butler to go with James and other parts like Lonzo Ball, one of Ingram or Kuzma, and Josh Hart, would make the Lakers quite the formidable team Ė one readier to challenge for more than just a first- or second-round playoff run.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Tg11
10-14-2018, 11:45 AM
I can see the Timberwolves and 76ers doing this trade and sacrificing Fultz I would do it because the man is a proven bust

ewing
10-14-2018, 11:51 AM
by the team dude... they were suspended by the league... apples and oranges

Youíre an orange

buckalis
10-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Interview before the game in MIL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Q-X3QpfiU

Tg11
10-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Jimmy is not going to Milwaukee for the millionth time it ain't gonna happen

kdspurman
10-14-2018, 02:00 PM

Saddletramp
10-14-2018, 03:11 PM

But I thought Wade3 had sources that said it was going to happen by now?

I can see the Timberwolves and 76ers doing this trade and sacrificing Fultz I would do it because the man is a proven bust

I donít think you know what the term ďbustĒ means.

Saddletramp
10-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Jimmy is not going to Milwaukee for the millionth time it ain't gonna happen

I think thereís still a chance he goes to MIL. Hereís a scenario Iíve been thinking about lately:

CityofTreez
10-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Fantasy draft tomorrow....
Hereís to hoping something happens, but it wonít dammit

specialiststeve
10-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Funny.... 2176 post and Jimmy Buckets stays with the Wolves. Love it.

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Youíre an orange

and you're an apple

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2018, 09:43 PM
I think thereís still a chance he goes to MIL. Hereís a scenario Iíve been thinking about lately:

that's a great trade idea!!!!

SportsFanatic10
10-15-2018, 03:34 AM

I mean in his defense it came very close to happening if reports are to be believed. Not saying i know hes got sources...but it was right except for a last minute Thibs demand for more.

Saddletramp
10-15-2018, 04:26 AM
I mean in his defense it came very close to happening if reports are to be believed. Not saying i know hes got sources...but it was right except for a last minute Thibs demand for more.

Yeah, we all heard the same rumors and reports for days from various sites and/or reporters. But the rest of us arenít claiming rumor websites are personal sources.

Twolves88
10-15-2018, 06:41 AM

Hey how odd is that! I thought of the exact same trade right down to the 3 second rounders!

Great minds think alike! :clap:

ewing
10-15-2018, 08:07 AM
and you're an apple

Apple of Vinylís eye

Scoots
10-15-2018, 08:35 AM
This thing is REALLY getting stranger by the day.

A trade has to happen this week right?

specialiststeve
10-15-2018, 09:19 AM

Not unless a team wants to step up and give Tib's what he wants... Pretty clear he is not going to "settle"... nor should he. He is now practicing and once the games begin teams will remember they need great players to win. Better offers will come.

ewing
10-15-2018, 09:23 AM

No it doesn't. Why does everyone think this every week. If Minn doesn't get a deal they like they are going to make Jimmy, Kat, and Wiggins sort out there differences like adults. I know it sounds crazy kids but all these guys are under contract and no one in the organization has done anything to any one of them, they just won 50 plus games, and it is completely reasonable to expect them show up to work and play basketball

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Yeah, we all heard the same rumors and reports for days from various sites and/or reporters. But the rest of us arenít claiming rumor websites are personal sources.

😂

IndyRealist
10-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Didn't see anyone post this, would have been Saturday.

Three days before the start of the regular season, Taylor met with his disgruntled All-Star before practice, searching for some sort of understanding to calm the noise that has drowned out any sense of excitement for the upcoming season. In the meeting, Taylor and Butler came to an agreement, sources said: Taylor will continue to work diligently to find a trade as soon as possible. Until that happens, Butler will be a good teammate and play as hard as he always does. Ė via The Athletic

Jamiecballer
10-15-2018, 11:33 AM
I do find one part of this weird, maybe someone can shed some light.

When the trade demand was first reported, it was quickly known that Jimmy was not with the team as preseason started. I assumed that was because the team wanted it that way. So why the hell did he return to humiliate everyone in the organization? This seems like the biggest indicator of how dysfunctional the organization is right now, more than all the rest.

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:02 PM
No it doesn't. Why does everyone think this every week. If Minn doesn't get a deal they like they are going to make Jimmy, Kat, and Wiggins sort out there differences like adults. I know it sounds crazy kids but all these guys are under contract and no one in the organization has done anything to any one of them, they just won 50 plus games, and it is completely reasonable to expect them show up to work and play basketball

I get that, but their animosity has just ramped up since the original trade demand. They are going to be under extreme scrutiny. I don't see any way this is good for the team to keep going without making a move.

Vinylman
10-15-2018, 12:11 PM

When the trade demand was first reported, it was quickly known that Jimmy was not with the team as preseason started. I assumed that was because the team wanted it that way. So why the hell did he return to humiliate everyone in the organization? This seems like the biggest indicator of how dysfunctional the organization is right now, more than all the rest.

he had to report... he had no choice... the choice was minnies to manage it properly by telling him he could stay home

ewing
10-15-2018, 12:12 PM
I get that, but their animosity has just ramped up since the original trade demand. They are going to be under extreme scrutiny. I don't see any way this is good for the team to keep going without making a move.

No offense but it doesnít seem like you get it. It is good for them to wait if the only deal they can get sets them back, they can get more later, itís worse then acquiring cap space, or the guys can patch it up and move forward. These arenít children

Rivera
10-15-2018, 12:24 PM

im with ewing on this. They are adults and can hash it out and work together. Wiggins just said something like "Jimmy is someone you want on your team" and they are professionals, they dont have to be buddy buddy and can still work together towards a goal

i also think that this has taken a life on its own tbh. Woj reported and people ran with it and ran wild with their imagination. Being around the game and gyms, I have seen what Jimmy has done live in a smaller setting and some people are just really emotional, and basketball can be an emotional game.

Jimmy had a point to prove in that practice, and he went all out to prove it, he talked a lot of smack and backed it up it happens all the time in the gym. It seems the owner and Jimmy have a good understanding and they will continue to do their due diligence while Jimmy suits up and plays as hard as he can while they look for a trade

i just think sometimes, twitter and us who love the game, can sensationalize a story and take it farther than it really needs to be

Vinylman
10-15-2018, 12:28 PM
No offense but it doesnít seem like you get it. It is good for them to wait if the only deal they can get sets them back, they can get more later, itís worse then acquiring cap space, or the guys can patch it up and move forward. These arenít children

your post appears to reflect the assumption that the trade request is a newer event... it isn't... he asked for a trade early in the summer when they said they wouldn't create cap space then in order to max him...

Minnie bet incorrectly that they could convince him to stay... that has blown up in their faces and the idea that they will get a better deal later "might" happen it is also just as likely that the offers could get worse.

Defending the Minnie FO is probably the least reasoned position to take in this instance based on the track record in Jimmy Buckets case and Taylor's career of **** ups

ewing
10-15-2018, 12:39 PM
your post appears to reflect the assumption that the trade request is a newer event... it isn't... he asked for a trade early in the summer when they said they wouldn't create cap space then in order to max him...

Minnie bet incorrectly that they could convince him to stay... that has blown up in their faces and the idea that they will get a better deal later "might" happen it is also just as likely that the offers could get worse.

Defending the Minnie FO is probably the least reasoned position to take in this instance based on the track record in Jimmy Buckets case and Taylor's career of **** ups

Youíre are an orange

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:39 PM

I think it was because the trade hadn't happened. Supposedly he made his trade request right after the season, but they didn't move on it so Jimmy made it public, they STILL didn't move on it so he did that horrible PR nightmare. All that is why I think they almost have to move on as soon as possible because Jimmy's value is just going down and it's hurting the team.

Vinylman
10-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Youíre are an orange

solid

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:41 PM

I DO get it, I just don't believe that they are going to win this way. The team will be damaged, the coach, the GM, the owner, the trade ... it's all getting worse. I don't know who is going to offer more for fewer games of a player who has demonstrated how far he's willing to go against his team.

Scoots
10-15-2018, 12:43 PM
solid

Pulpy

buckalis
10-15-2018, 12:47 PM

Of course... They'll eventually move Jimmy, but the deal offers they had so far are rather too poor for Thibs to take... He knows he can get better and IMO, he will get a better deal done.

Vinylman
10-15-2018, 12:47 PM
I DO get it, I just don't believe that they are going to win this way. The team will be damaged, the coach, the GM, the owner, the trade ... it's all getting worse. I don't know who is going to offer more for fewer games of a player who has demonstrated how far he's willing to go against his team.

hoping for a non-contract threatening injury for butler... maybe a broken left hand Ö

Anything that ****s over Taylor and the idiots in Minny is a plus

ewing
10-15-2018, 12:52 PM

A couple things. The rumored offers didn't look very good. I don't think first week of the season vs vs second week vs trade deadline means much unless there is a perception you are desperate to make a deal. To me going "OMG Jimmy got loud at a practice we have to make a deal right now!" is what is going to create that perception. Lastly not caving to these guys emotions and jumping up and down to placate them and instead making them deal with it by showing up to work might actually lead to them putting it behind them.

ewing
10-15-2018, 12:53 PM
solid

you cant handle the truth

buckalis
10-15-2018, 01:00 PM
I think it was because the trade hadn't happened. Supposedly he made his trade request right after the season, but they didn't move on it so Jimmy made it public, they STILL didn't move on it so he did that horrible PR nightmare. All that is why I think they almost have to move on as soon as possible because Jimmy's value is just going down and it's hurting the team.

Why is his value going down if the trade happens later? The only way his value will go down, is if his performance on the floor drops...

What makes sense, is that the more the playoff teams clear their ranking, the more there will be teams looking to move a step further towards competing by adding Butler...

It will also be better for Butler, he surely will want to join a team that will make it as deep to the playoffs as possible and if an East team by adding him, can do the conference all the way and play to the finals, then Butler stays there.

buckalis
10-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Another thing that one should consider, is that many teams have added players out of free agency that they can't move on trade until towards the end of the year... It surely is a parameter for some teams that blocks them to offer the best they can for Butler and Thibs knows that...

FlashBolt
10-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Why is his value going down if the trade happens later? The only way his value will go down, is if his performance on the floor drops...

What makes sense, is that the more the playoff teams clear their ranking, the more there will be teams looking to move a step further towards competing by adding Butler...

It will also be better for Butler, he surely will want to join a team that will make it as deep to the playoffs as possible and if an East team by adding him, can do the conference all the way and play to the finals, then Butler stays there.

It's going down because he's seen as a potential locker room problem and also, as you move deeper into the season, many teams are not willing to change their roster and schematic plays that late into the season because it involves a lot of planning.

TheDish87
10-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Butler will have more value at the deadline as teams see themselves with a shot to contend with him. If Indy were to pickup where they left last season and improve on it i could see them trying to make a deal.

buckalis
10-15-2018, 01:48 PM
It's going down because he's seen as a potential locker room problem and also, as you move deeper into the season, many teams are not willing to change their roster and schematic plays that late into the season because it involves a lot of planning.

Actually it's the opposite, remember the CAVs last season?

A team that would add Jimmy, wouldn't change their core or tactics, they would replace a good roster piece with a better one on Jimmy and only add deeper roster pieces that they have alternatives for, so that they won't affect the team's performance.

Partly why I say right from the first day that if the Bucks offer Middleton, then the Bucks get him and why Thibs called asking for Middleton...

It's a position swap that doesn't affect floor tactics on both teams (only positively for the Bucks and the minimum loss the Wolves may inevitably have)...

EDIT: Forget about the "potential locker room problem"... teams that are competitive don't have "softies", or "puss1es" in their roster as Jimmy is right to call some of his teammates that are payed like if they were Giannis and Giannis (or Jimmy) bullies them on the floor like they both did just a few days ago...

buckalis
10-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Butler will have more value at the deadline as teams see themselves with a shot to contend with him. If Indy were to pickup where they left last season and improve on it i could see them trying to make a deal.

I agree with this... Indy, or the Bucks, or the Raptors, or the Sixers, or the Celtics have a very good reason to add Butler by the trade deadline, as this could get them to the NBA finals...

Heat on the other side, don't have any reason... best Butler could do for them is promote them to the 2nd round.

specialiststeve
10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Jimmy has great incentive to play well as if the does the wolves get better value and "may" make the trade. I am glad that Tib's held his ground. The last person I thought would play primadonna was Butler as had come across as the hard working tough nosed guy. That being said Tib's saying tough **** you are here until we get value is what more teams should do regardless of all the social media mania.

Saddletramp
10-15-2018, 02:06 PM

Crystal

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 02:11 PM
he had to report... he had no choice... the choice was minnies to manage it properly by telling him he could stay home

why? So he doesn't get hurt and kill any trade value he had left? That is literally the only reason to tell him to stay home at this point. Otherwise, be an adult and play nice.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2018, 02:14 PM

did you ever watch "The Ben Stiller Show"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKjr3S6NxPo

Scoots
10-15-2018, 03:01 PM
A couple things. The rumored offers didn't look very good. I don't think first week of the season vs vs second week vs trade deadline means much unless there is a perception you are desperate to make a deal. To me going "OMG Jimmy got loud at a practice we have to make a deal right now!" is what is going to create that perception. Lastly not caving to these guys emotions and jumping up and down to placate them and instead making them deal with it by showing up to work might actually lead to them putting it behind them.

But had they worked on a trade BEFORE it became public that he wanted out certainly should have resulted in the best offers.

Vinylman
10-15-2018, 03:13 PM
But had they worked on a trade BEFORE it became public that he wanted out certainly should have resulted in the best offers.

dude... don't use logic in a thread that is 2100 posts deep...

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 03:18 PM

Why are you keeping it 100 all of a sudden?

ewing
10-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Hey don't be like "moving the goal posts" and stuff. You said they had to make a trade this week, i disagreed, that has nothing to do with what they could have before things went public

ewing
10-15-2018, 03:21 PM
dude... don't use logic in a thread that is 2100 posts deep...

you are an orange

buckalis
10-15-2018, 03:55 PM

Could be... but only because teams could then have planned the moves they did over the preseason differently...

Now, it will be better if the Wolves wait until the additions the teams have made are re-trade able, so that they can review their planning.

valade16
10-15-2018, 04:44 PM

I think it can in that a team is going to give up less at the deadline because it's a very short time period the team would have Butler until FA. A team would have rather traded for him now to integrate him as opposed to trying to incorporate him on the fly before the postseason when that might be his only year there.

IMO, the offers only get worse from here.

ewing
10-15-2018, 04:58 PM
I think it can in that a team is going to give up less at the deadline because it's a very short time period the team would have Butler until FA. A team would have rather traded for him now to integrate him as opposed to trying to incorporate him on the fly before the postseason when that might be his only year there.

IMO, the offers only get worse from here.

That is possible but and makes sense but I don't think it is necessarily true. Often teams are more motivated to make a deal at the deadline. I don't there is reason to force a deal if you are Minn. If they aren't getting value they should not make a trade IMO

buckalis
10-15-2018, 05:10 PM
That is possible but and makes sense but I don't think it is necessarily true. Often teams are more motivated to make a deal at the deadline. I don't there is reason to force a deal if you are Minn. If they aren't getting value they should not make a trade IMO

It depends on the Wolves ranking as the season progresses... If they can't make the playoffs, they have every reason to trade Butler, even for a deal that doesn't do him justice.

valade16
10-15-2018, 05:22 PM

I agree if they aren't getting value they shouldn't make a trade. But understand the value they get if they don't make a trade is zero since Butler's gone at year's end. So in light of that, I think any value is better than that.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2018, 05:53 PM

👍 wanted to take the time and shout u out cause we agree, and I know it will never happen again

Scoots
10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Hey don't be like "moving the goal posts" and stuff. You said they had to make a trade this week, i disagreed, that has nothing to do with what they could have before things went public

Hehe ... my point was that each step along the way there has been no incentive for other teams to sweeten the deal, my point is why would we think it will turn around now?

Scoots
10-15-2018, 06:04 PM
I agree if they aren't getting value they shouldn't make a trade. But understand the value they get if they don't make a trade is zero since Butler's gone at year's end. So in light of that, I think any value is better than that.

I think Butler wants a trade to maintain his exemption rights to his new team. It would be kind of funny for Minny to screw Jimmy over by not trading him at all.

Jamiecballer
10-15-2018, 06:12 PM
he had to report... he had no choice... the choice was minnies to manage it properly by telling him he could stay homeI dont understand why he has to report if the team is the one saying stay home. That seems a little messed up.

ewing
10-15-2018, 06:23 PM

Probably but I think we agree that that donít have to make a deal right now

ewing
10-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Hehe ... my point was that each step along the way there has been no incentive for other teams to sweeten the deal, my point is why would we think it will turn around now?

Bc once he demanded a trade everyone was like oh **** they have to trade him maybe we an steal him now Minn has shown that they wonít give him away.

FlashBolt
10-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Actually it's the opposite, remember the CAVs last season?

A team that would add Jimmy, wouldn't change their core or tactics, they would replace a good roster piece with a better one on Jimmy and only add deeper roster pieces that they have alternatives for, so that they won't affect the team's performance.

Partly why I say right from the first day that if the Bucks offer Middleton, then the Bucks get him and why Thibs called asking for Middleton...

It's a position swap that doesn't affect floor tactics on both teams (only positively for the Bucks and the minimum loss the Wolves may inevitably have)...

EDIT: Forget about the "potential locker room problem"... teams that are competitive don't have "softies", or "puss1es" in their roster as Jimmy is right to call some of his teammates that are payed like if they were Giannis and Giannis (or Jimmy) bullies them on the floor like they both did just a few days ago...

What about the Cavs? None were trades for legitimate stars. Nance and Clarkson were moved because Lakers wanted to create cap space. Moving a significant player such as Butler into your system might seem easy but many teams can't handle such a transition that easily. It's actually why the Lakers didn't sign Cousins - they thought him being out for that long would make it difficult for them to adjust their game that deep into the season. I'm not saying you won't find suitors who will make a desperate trade or the "you've got nothing to lose" scenario but as the time goes on, especially for players with a short period of time in their contract, their value generally decreases. And even though you may not see the potential locker room problem, it's a fact that a team's cohesiveness depends a lot on the personalities of the team. While I love Jimmy B's competitive nature, I'm not going to sit here and say that every player should or will act the same as he does. Some players just adjust to a different learning curve and Butler being the veteran who is aged 30 will have experienced a far different path than someone like Wiggins who was born into a suburban family and being paraded as the next star before he even entered college.

specialiststeve
10-15-2018, 06:52 PM

Actually you are mistaken. If they don't trade him they are the only ones that can offer him the max.... he can accept or become a FA and lose like 35-40 mil. On the Wolves side they will still have the cap space to add a quality piece. Likely not Butlers talent but the returns are not close right now so.... Some would say why go to MN? Money talks.... there will be players looking for deals....

Scoots
10-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Bc once he demanded a trade everyone was like oh **** they have to trade him maybe we an steal him now Minn has shown that they wonít give him away.

Right, so why didn't they trade him after he demanded to be traded right after the season? He only made it public because they didn't move on the demand when his value was at it's highest.

FlashBolt
10-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Right, so why didn't they trade him after he demanded to be traded right after the season? He only made it public because they didn't move on the demand when his value was at it's highest.

Terrible franchise with poor management, honestly. I hate how players have the ability to complain and demand trades but at the same time, it also helps a franchise get the best value from an asset who doesn't want to be there. The days of X player being an ******* because he wants to leave are over. If your best asset wants to leave and it can't be repaired, you gotta trade them, period. Pelicans saying they won't trade AD is a lie. Once AD opens his mouth, he will force a trade as his contract begins expiring.

ewing
10-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Stop being a ****ing apple

beasted86
10-15-2018, 10:05 PM
Actually you are mistaken. If they don't trade him they are the only ones that can offer him the max.... he can accept or become a FA and lose like 35-40 mil. On the Wolves side they will still have the cap space to add a quality piece. Likely not Butlers talent but the returns are not close right now so.... Some would say why go to MN? Money talks.... there will be players looking for deals....

1) If they don't trade him they are the only ones that can offer him the max

False: Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Nets, Mavericks, Hawks, Suns, 76ers, and Pacers can all offer the full max for Butler ($33M).

2)he can accept or become a FA and lose like 35-40 mil

Technically False: I get where you're going with the 5th year unavailability. But using a 4 year deal with 3 year opt-out out and assuming he's still worth max in 3 years the losses will be roughly only $6M over those first 3 seasons considering the raise differential without Bird rights.

specialiststeve
10-15-2018, 10:40 PM

False: Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Nets, Mavericks, Hawks, Suns, 76ers, and Pacers can all offer the full max for Butler ($33M).

Technically False: I get where you're going with the 5th year unavailability. But using a 4 year deal with 3 year opt-out out and assuming he's still worth max in 3 years the losses will be roughly only $6M over those first 3 seasons considering the raise differential without Bird rights.

You are right technically but I think you got my point. 5 year max vs the other options.... player takes 5 year deal if smart. Still believe Butler will be traded but really have no idea where. I have a feeling it won't be one of the usual suspects discussed in here....

Scoots
10-16-2018, 11:21 AM

That lost year is going to be lost money because at 34 nobody is going to sign him to another max deal.

valade16
10-16-2018, 12:23 PM

I think Butler has made it very clear he will be leaving Minnesota after this season regardless. If you're suggesting he could change his mind and be allured by the money and re-sign, I do not think that is very likely.

GREATNESS ONE
10-16-2018, 12:24 PM
I think Butler has made it very clear he will be leaving Minnesota after this season regardless. If you're suggesting he could change his mind and be allured by the money and re-sign, I do not think that is very likely.

What about those amazing Minnesota Summers?

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 12:30 PM

Iím telling you, thereís no place youíd rather be...accept a lot of other places. After 7 the skeeters come out. MN has giant vampire mosquitos. Land of 10,000 lakes.

Best fishing in America though.

I love MN still.

Scoots
10-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Iím telling you, thereís no place youíd rather be...accept a lot of other places. After 7 the skeeters come out. MN has giant vampire mosquitos. Land of 10,000 lakes.

I love MN still.

Idaho has better fishing.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 01:56 PM

I love MN still.

I will say, more than anywhere else, I have never seen people take advantage of summer more than Minnesotans. But let's not kid ourselves-only Minnesotans can take the constant below zero temps every winter.

MN is absolutely underrated as far as a place to live. If you can take the winters, not really many better places to raise kids, that is for sure.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 02:00 PM

I bought a nice house, 5/4, 3200 sq feet, for 399k here in the cities. How much is that in LA?

Look, nobody can compete with the weather out in southern Cal. But there is for sure a charm to the Midwest, Minneapolis/St Paul specifically.

To each their own. I would never live in CA, but that is me personally. I guess if I was offered a job in half million/year range or more I would consider it.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2018, 02:03 PM
though, it doesn't matter what MN is like in the summer, basketball season is in the winter....

the NBA players usually don't stay year round anyways. Not enough single, available black women compared to many other cities.

JAZZNC
10-16-2018, 02:29 PM

Anywhere the water is frozen almost half the year is garbage....ice fishing is for the birds! Although it does make the fish REALLY stupid not being bothered half the year, the fishing in Canada in the summer is just dumb. I'm sure it's the same there....but I prefer ripping lips year round haha!

buckalis
10-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Places that can be hit by lethal hurricanes are better to be avoided...

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Doubt it

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 03:28 PM
I will say, more than anywhere else, I have never seen people take advantage of summer more than Minnesotans. But let's not kid ourselves-only Minnesotans can take the constant below zero temps every winter.

MN is absolutely underrated as far as a place to live. If you can take the winters, not really many better places to raise kids, that is for sure.

100% on the kid aspect

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
though, it doesn't matter what MN is like in the summer, basketball season is in the winter....

the NBA players usually don't stay year round anyways. Not enough single, available black women compared to many other cities.

Bingo...but not just black woman...Fine women. That are in shape. I live in arizona. Everyone has an 8 pack. When I go to MN, itís cold, so everyone has a beer belly. Thatís the one thing about AZ and warm weather.

I guarantee, yíall come down to Scottsdale, and every weekend you will see the hottest 2000 girls in one place every single fri/sat

Driven
10-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Congratulations

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Congratulations

ďThank you.

But weíre not here because we are free, weíre here because weíre not free, there is no escaping reason or denying purpose because without purpose, we would not existĒ

Anybody know the quote?

valade16
10-16-2018, 03:55 PM
ďThank you.

But weíre not here because we are free, weíre here because weíre not free, there is no escaping reason or denying purpose because without purpose, we would not existĒ

Anybody know the quote?

Agent Smith, Matrix series.

WaDe03
10-16-2018, 04:37 PM

I donít think you know what the term ďbustĒ means.

Stay tuned baby girl.

WaDe03
10-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Working on a huge 4 team deal involving the Hawks, Kongís, Bucks, and Wolves. Will be posting later.

FlashBolt
10-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Bingo...but not just black woman...Fine women. That are in shape. I live in arizona. Everyone has an 8 pack. When I go to MN, itís cold, so everyone has a beer belly. Thatís the one thing about AZ and warm weather.

I guarantee, yíall come down to Scottsdale, and every weekend you will see the hottest 2000 girls in one place every single fri/sat

my h.s. friend went to ASU. girls are banging he said

beasted86
10-16-2018, 07:45 PM
That lost year is going to be lost money because at 34 nobody is going to sign him to another max deal.

Jimmy Butler will be going into that summer at 32 yrs old and starting the season at 33 years old, not be 34 when he'll hypothetically be a free agent 3 years and 8 months from now. If a team is on a title run and he's a critical piece I can see it happening.

Truth of the matter is the 5 years is only insurance now. How many times have you seen top 30 players not opt out of a max deal around that age of 32-33 if they had one available? It's only guys who've fallen off a cliff from ineffectiveness or injury (Melo and Stoudemire comes to mind) who didn't opt out. A good 90% I'd say opted out.

ewing
10-16-2018, 09:06 PM

Im sure in Jersey the difference bt a beach town and non beach town is redic

Cal827
10-16-2018, 09:09 PM
Working on a huge 4 team deal involving the Hawks, Kongís, Bucks, and Wolves. Will be posting later.

:laugh2: I love this thread.

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Agent Smith, Matrix series.

👍

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Itís stupid. No hyperbole when it say...2000 of the finest females you will see, in great shape, every weekend

IKnowHoops
10-16-2018, 09:45 PM
:laugh2: I love this thread.
😂😂😂😂😂

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Anywhere the water is frozen almost half the year is garbage....ice fishing is for the birds! Although it does make the fish REALLY stupid not being bothered half the year, the fishing in Canada in the summer is just dumb. I'm sure it's the same there....but I prefer ripping lips year round haha!

dude ice fishing is so you can get away from your wife and get drunk with the boys. Nothing more, nothing less. And frankly, it's only cool when it is a COLD winter, cause the ice gets hard enough to bring housing onto haha

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 09:44 AM

Actually, MN is on the better end of the spectrum in the nation as far as fit people (better than Arizona). Go down south if you want to see the Fatty McFats. MN women are actually not bad. Just mostly white....

Also, it's a sliding scale. The US is just getting fatter by the day. So what we find average now is gross compared to many years ago.

Arizona is famous for hot college women though. But for middle of the road states, MN has plenty of women.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 09:45 AM

ASU is famous for it's girls. Has been since I was looking at colleges back in the early 90's.

Chronz
10-17-2018, 10:56 AM

I love the cold, how are the cops and weed culture

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 11:12 AM
I love the cold, how are the cops and weed culture

Depends where you live (cops). Where I grew up is rich white burbs, so cops have literally nothing to do but **** with you. That being said, most of the cities they generally leave you alone. Weed, under like 45 grams, is a mis/fine.

Look, it gets REALLY cold here haha. The winters suck. But that isn't why people live here. The summers, are amazing. The water, the parks, the thousands of miles of walking/biking paths, the outdoor activities, the cost of living isn't bad, the schools are second to none as far as public schools go, etc.

Seriously, if you can get past the brutal months of Jan-Feb, MN is great. It will never have the weather or culture Los Angeles does, but living in the best areas also comes at a very, very steep price, cost wise. I just bought an updated 3200 sq foot home, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, huge fenced in yard, in a great school district, for 399k. I mean, that just can't be touched when comparing to the coastal cities. Unless you want to live southeast, but no interest from me on that. You could live down south and get things even cheaper, but then you live...........down south (which I did for 19 years).

ewing
10-17-2018, 11:20 AM
Actually, MN is on the better end of the spectrum in the nation as far as fit people (better than Arizona). Go down south if you want to see the Fatty McFats. MN women are actually not bad. Just mostly white....

Also, it's a sliding scale. The US is just getting fatter by the day. So what we find average now is gross compared to many years ago.

Arizona is famous for hot college women though. But for middle of the road states, MN has plenty of women.

That's surprising. Here in Jersey there is definitely a difference b/t what people look like at the shore vs inland. Especially in our age group. The difference in cellulite b/t your average 40 year at the shore and not is huge

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 11:24 AM
That's surprising. Here in Jersey there is definitely a difference b/t what people look like at the shore vs inland. Especially in our age group. The difference in cellulite b/t your average 40 year at the shore and not is huge

what is surprising? That MN is typically one of the fittest states?

MN is the tallest state in the US, full of towering Scandanavians haha. My wife is 5'9", and the shortest of the 4 women in her department. Her 2 older daughters are 6', and 5'11". They just grown them tall and long here. People are super active the moment winter breaks, everyone is outside for months. I love the summers, so much activity. The winter months, are rough. Gyms, travel, snow sports, etc. But yeah man, as far as nationally, MN isn't all that fat (for today). It's not Colorado or anything, but go check out the bible belt once. It's like a gigantic fatty convention.

I love looking at pics of my brother here in MN with his friends, versus out east. He is 6'2", so he doesn't stand out at all here. His pics from out east, he just towers over all his friends. His wife makes a spectacle every time she comes here about how tall MN's are.

ewing
10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
what is surprising? That MN is typically one of the fittest states?

MN is the tallest state in the US, full of towering Scandanavians haha. My wife is 5'9", and the shortest of the 4 women in her department. Her 2 older daughters are 6', and 5'11". They just grown them tall and long here. People are super active the moment winter breaks, everyone is outside for months. I love the summers, so much activity. The winter months, are rough. Gyms, travel, snow sports, etc. But yeah man, as far as nationally, MN isn't all that fat (for today). It's not Colorado or anything, but go check out the bible belt once. It's like a gigantic fatty convention.

I love looking at pics of my brother here in MN with his friends, versus out east. He is 6'2", so he doesn't stand out at all here. His pics from out east, he just towers over all his friends. His wife makes a spectacle every time she comes here about how tall MN's are.

I didn't know you were tall or fit in MN. I figured the cold winters would encourage belly fat the way the hot sun and bathing suits encourage fitness

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 11:43 AM
I didn't know you were tall or fit in MN. I figured the cold winters would encourage belly fat the way the hot sun and bathing suits encourage fitness

you have it backwards. The hottest places in the US are also the fattest.

I have a theory on why. Here in MN, people take advantage of good weather, where in hot states, they never do, because the opportunity is always there to, "do it tomorrow". Like, I lived within 1/2 mile of the ocean for 4 years and went maybe 10 times. 10. Same kinda thing. That and when you are 5'5", 15 lb gain will show. When you are 6'2", not so much.

If it is above 40 degrees here, everyone is outside. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself while living in Houston, "where is everyone, it's beautiful"?

ewing
10-17-2018, 11:48 AM

I have a theory on why. Here in MN, people take advantage of good weather, where in hot states, they never do, because the opportunity is always there to, "do it tomorrow". Like, I lived within 1/2 mile of the ocean for 4 years and went maybe 10 times. 10. Same kinda thing. That and when you are 5'5", 15 lb gain will show. When you are 6'2", not so much.

If it is above 40 degrees here, everyone is outside. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself while living in Houston, "where is everyone, it's beautiful"?

Texas that's another animal

WaDe03
10-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Whats your body count out of those 2000 IKH?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 11:56 AM
Texas that's another animal

Look at the list of the fattest states:

Mississippi
W Virginia
Tennessee
Arkansas
Louisiana
Kentucky
Alabama
Oklahoma
S Carolina
Indiana
Texas

Those comprise most of the "hot" states in the country, outside Arizona, which shows up on the healthier side of the split in every site I see.

Chronz
10-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Depends where you live (cops). Where I grew up is rich white burbs, so cops have literally nothing to do but **** with you. That being said, most of the cities they generally leave you alone. Weed, under like 45 grams, is a mis/fine.

Look, it gets REALLY cold here haha. The winters suck. But that isn't why people live here. The summers, are amazing. The water, the parks, the thousands of miles of walking/biking paths, the outdoor activities, the cost of living isn't bad, the schools are second to none as far as public schools go, etc.

Seriously, if you can get past the brutal months of Jan-Feb, MN is great. It will never have the weather or culture Los Angeles does, but living in the best areas also comes at a very, very steep price, cost wise. I just bought an updated 3200 sq foot home, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, huge fenced in yard, in a great school district, for 399k. I mean, that just can't be touched when comparing to the coastal cities. Unless you want to live southeast, but no interest from me on that. You could live down south and get things even cheaper, but then you live...........down south (which I did for 19 years).

I love the cold bro, I wear swimwear when most cover up. My girl couldn't survive tho. I would love to rent for a year or so tho.

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2018, 01:08 PM
I love the cold bro, I wear swimwear when most cover up. My girl couldn't survive tho. I would love to rent for a year or so tho.

guess u would like Toronto then. Weed just got legalized here

GREATNESS ONE
10-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Look at the list of the fattest states:

Mississippi
W Virginia
Tennessee
Arkansas
Louisiana
Kentucky
Alabama
Oklahoma
S Carolina
Indiana
Texas

Those comprise most of the "hot" states in the country, outside Arizona, which shows up on the healthier side of the split in every site I see.

Red States?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Red States?

you mean, Merican states?

Yeah, the southern bible belt is fatter as hell. I was amazed when I lived there how much people just didn't give a **** about how they looked.

nastynice
10-17-2018, 01:56 PM

AZ and Texas got the finest white girls, my cousin love white girls, he be losing his mind lmao

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:01 PM
AZ and Texas got the finest white girls, my cousin love white girls, he be losing his mind lmao

Texas doesn't have the finest white girls. Not even close. They have plenty of latinas, but the hottest white girls are in the midwest or out west.

Arizona is seriously given it's reputation because of their college population. They are famous for attracting hot women to their colleges. But as adults, they slip right into the fat-pack with the rest of em'. By no means are they producing fatties like the bible belt, but AZ isn't near the top 10 fittest/least obese states.

WaDe03
10-17-2018, 02:05 PM

If it ainít white it ainít right!

ewing
10-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Wade just gets it

WaDe03
10-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Wade just gets it

I speak for the people

Jamiecballer
10-17-2018, 02:30 PM

If it is above 40 degrees here, everyone is outside. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself while living in Houston, "where is everyone, it's beautiful"?I have a different one. I want McDonalds but it's cold as **** outside. What you making, honey?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 02:31 PM
I have a different one. I want McDonalds but it's cold as **** outside.

could be it too.

SteBO
10-17-2018, 05:01 PM

Wade just gets it

I speak for the people
Haha y'all ain't got a clue. But hotness is in the eyes of the beholder I suppose, so I can't get on the two of you too much.

SteBO
10-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Texas doesn't have the finest white girls. Not even close. They have plenty of latinas, but the hottest white girls are in the midwest or out west.

Arizona is seriously given it's reputation because of their college population. They are famous for attracting hot women to their colleges. But as adults, they slip right into the fat-pack with the rest of em'. By no means are they producing fatties like the bible belt, but AZ isn't near the top 10 fittest/least obese states.
Co-sign out west, but I wouldn't underestimate where I'm at in South Florida.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 05:18 PM
Co-sign out west, but I wouldn't underestimate where I'm at in South Florida.

for women? Miami specifically, sure. But Florida, outside the Universities, doesn't have all that great of women outside Miami. Which has the latinas, which naturally drives me to poor decision making because I can't control myself around them.

Rivera
10-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Tampa aint too bad. Go to SoHo at night, youll pick up something nice. Go to Ybor you might get something lol. youll see some baddies at the beaches too. oh and my job lol theres a lot of baddies too. my cousin came down and I told him if you want to find a chick, go to my job at 6 when everyone leaves, he told me i wasnt lying

IndyRealist
10-17-2018, 06:26 PM
I have a different one. I want McDonalds but it's cold as **** outside. What you making, honey?

Eating out culture is HUGE here in Houston. Big portions, heavy on meat and starch. Long commutes plus you don't want to heat up your house by cooking. It all adds up on the waistline.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 06:47 PM

Heíll no!

Not on the fit part...double hell no!

A club in MN vs Arizona isnít close. Whatever color. Scottsdale is mostly white but they are ridic.

Now maybe there are more meth heads and drug use in AZ for sure cause everyone is partying, but when there not doing coke, there doing yoga,Pilates, steroids, sunbathing and tanning.

Maybe the drug use scours numbers but itís not close when it comes to being sourrounded by in shape 10ís.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 06:49 PM

100% agree on schools

AZ school system is horrid

AZ home prices are often cheaper than MN

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Whats your body count out of those 2000 IKH?

Itís not huge, but the quality is Prime Pamela Anderson

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 06:54 PM

There is a reason there have been 2 Super Bowl in 5 years in AZ. Arizona as a whole may be fat. But Scottsdale kills any city in MN. Scottsdale by itself has more talent than the state of MN

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 06:55 PM

If there ainít no snow, I wonít go

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Eating out culture is HUGE here in Houston. Big portions, heavy on meat and starch. Long commutes plus you don't want to heat up your house by cooking. It all adds up on the waistline.

They have more restaraunts than anywhere I ever saw. But Houstonians are lazy too. I rarely ever saw anyone outside doing activity outside the inner loop city residents. Lot of partying, eating, and not much activity. The diet is terrible too. Just didn't like it much. And I lived in Friendswood for 14 years, working near Allen Pkwy for 7, and over by the AB plant for 8.

They are just lethargic man. At least from my experience

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 08:17 PM
There is a reason there have been 2 Super Bowl in 5 years in AZ. Arizona as a whole may be fat. But Scottsdale kills any city in MN. Scottsdale by itself has more talent than the state of MN

75 degrees inDecember has something to do with it...

Hawkeye15
10-17-2018, 08:18 PM
100% agree on schools

AZ school system is horrid

AZ home prices are often cheaper than MN

South is cheaper for everything. But you deal with heat people here don't understand....eff that

More-Than-Most
10-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Hawk just think... you could have Josh Richardson right now my dude. That super special piece that was suppose to be the center of that awful deal for butler.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 08:40 PM
South is cheaper for everything. But you deal with heat people here don't understand....eff that

True. But once you get used to the Heat, -50 windchill is far worse.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2018, 08:42 PM
If there ainít no snow, I wonít go

But on the real I love all flavors if they look good.

Eva Mendez would look amazing even if her skin was puke green

Look at home girl on guardians of the galaxy. She might be finer Green.

Jamiecballer
10-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Eating out culture is HUGE here in Houston. Big portions, heavy on meat and starch. Long commutes plus you don't want to heat up your house by cooking. It all adds up on the waistline.Well yeah, Houston is right there with Kansas City in the obesity lists