PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy requests a Trade

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 05:21 PM
he is actually at media day with a grin ear to ear for duping the team into giving him $100+ million.

:laugh2:

Rivera
09-24-2018, 05:42 PM
lmao yea too far, you were right until then

Josh Hart > Wiggins

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 06:08 PM
I already brought this up in the Wolves forum. Oladipo is an extreme outlier.

Wiggins, has played 327 games. Started 327 games. Nearly 12,000 minutes. He has been a primary option since game 30 his rookie year. His age means nothing. In 4 years, he has actually gone backwards.

Wiggins will eventually get some vet tricks, and mature physically. But his ceiling is an average player. For a guy who is about to make $25 million and progressively more the next 4 years, that is just absolutely unacceptable.

fixed.. that is a 5 year deal... didn't want you to forget that

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Josh Hart > Wiggins

Almost there but definitely

Kuzma > Wiggins

I know itís all jokes with you but legit we have some fantastic HARD WORKING young talent.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:25 PM

I understand him and Jimmy are a perfect fit on both sides of the court and Richardson is on one of the best contracts in the league but if this is the deciding factor you have to pull the trigger and take the gamble.

Keep JRich and get Jimmy = ecstatic fan base
Trade JRich and get Jimmy = very happy fan base
Deal falls through due to the Heat not wanting to trade JRich = frustrated/disappointed fam base.

IndyRealist
09-24-2018, 07:30 PM
They both have that shy nice guy personality. Once Dipo got pissed and dropped the dopey act he was just consistently good.

Wiggins ceiling is what he has already done with high consistency. For instance...effortlessly dropping 45 on teams and being unstoppable. He has those games 1 a month. We need them once a week.

His ceiling certainly isnít average. Average players donít set team scoring records or drop 45 multiple times by age 22. They just donít. If you can find an example Iíd love to see it.

It's well documented why Oladipo so drastically improved in year 5. Wiggins doesn't have the room to make those kind of physical changes without PEDs. It had nothing to do with a "dopey act".

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:31 PM

Kuzma > Wiggins

I know itís all jokes with you but legit we have some fantastic HARD WORKING young talent.

I tell you what though, for a guy whoís put on 40 pounds Ingram sure is still looking like the cinnamon sticks mascot for Apple Jacks ;)

Lonzo looks like heís beefed up though.

GREATNESS ONE
It's well documented why Oladipo so drastically improved in year 5. Wiggins doesn't have the room to make those kind of physical changes without PEDs. It had nothing to do with a "dopey act".

I thought it was Mikah....

GREATNESS ONE
I tell you what though, for a guy whoís put on 40 pounds Ingram sure is still looking like the cinnamon sticks mascot for Apple Jacks ;)

Lonzo looks like heís beefed up though.

Stop bro. Youíre wrong Iím right, letís move forward ;)

WaDe03

Wades trainer is just that good man, thatís why Iím actually excited to see Whiteside this year. Although Iím sure Iím getting my hopes up for nothing.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Ingram is sex on the beach, heís going to be MUCH better than Wiggins when itís all said and done

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Ingram is sex on the beach, heís going to be MUCH better than Wiggins when itís all said and done

He may very well be, letís hope he doesnít decline next to a superstar like Wiggins. LeBron needs him at all star level.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 07:36 PM
He may very well be, letís hope he doesnít decline next to a superstar like Wiggins. LeBron needs him at all star level.

....... Just do some
Research.... I am a whore about it, Wiggins isnít even close to a hard worker of Ingram. Not even close...... Lebron knows this team better than both of us and he LOVES this young core.

It wonít even be close and once in a while we have to be wrong and eat our words, BI going to make you eat yours.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:38 PM
....... Just do some
Research.... I am a whore about it, Wiggins isnít even close to a hard worker of Ingram. Not even close...... Lebron knows this team better than both of us and he LOVES this young core.

It wonít even be close and once in a while we have to be wrong and eat our words, BI going to make you eat yours.

I hope he does brother and Iím dead serious. LeBron going to need some help against Wade/Jimmy if the Lakers make it to the Heat in the finals.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 07:41 PM
I hope he does brother and Iím dead serious. LeBron going to need some help against Wade/Jimmy if the Lakers make it to the Heat in the finals.

Lmfao stop it.

IndyRealist
09-24-2018, 07:42 PM

Is Bam ready to anchor a contender level defense? They're losing two big pieces to bring in Butler and Dieng is dead weight at this point.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Kuzma/Ingram > Wade/Butler 2018/2019 season

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Lmfao stop it.

Iím just saying!

Cal827
09-24-2018, 07:54 PM

Kuzma > Wiggins

Nick Wiggins twitter beef with Stephen Jackson > Andrew Wiggins

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Is Bam ready to anchor a contender level defense? They're losing two big pieces to bring in Butler and Dieng is dead weight at this point.

I actually think Dieng is a solid player but we still donít know who exactly is in the deal. If we somehow roll out of lineup like this I think theyíre a top 4 team in the East but the Celtics are very stacked:

Dragic
JRich
Butler
JJ
Kelly

Or

Dragic
JRich
Butler
JJ or Kelly
Bam

Thatís a lot of toughness and defense at the 2, 3, 4 and I think Bam will be a solid defender and shot blocker.

Iím really confused on where theyíre going to put some guys though, the main focus for Bam this offseason was playmaking/handles and jump shot. They want him getting the rebound and running the offense on the break like Draymond so idk if they want him at PF or C. Idk if they view Kelly as a PF or center. Iím hoping this deal doesnít cost us both JRich and Whiteside, if they somehow manage to keep both which seems impossible Iíll never slander Riley again.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Kuzma/Ingram > Wade/Butler 2018/2019 season

Stop before you get reported.

More-Than-Most
09-24-2018, 08:02 PM
People that support ****** management get what they deserve... not that it matters but I would not buy anything Lakers or go to any games for 2.5 years while the b(M)itch and Jimbaco fiasco was going on...

teams don't deserve loyalty when they continually **** on their fans with bad management.

there are plenty of other sports to appreciate

How can you tell what enept management is until it actually fails? 2 and a half years seems like you didnt even give it a chance to succeed and once kobe walked away you did. I have no real issues with you and understand where you are coming from because sixers old management was similar where we were just trying to stay competitive/mediocre before making drastic changes but to get on another fanbase like you did is not smart and extremely short sighted... Basically it was no worse than calling someone a fake fan in all honesty even though it was the exact opposite... Nobody gets on you for walking away from your team for 2 plus years until they became really good.

More-Than-Most
09-24-2018, 08:04 PM
Thats why i love me some greatness... He could have the white mamba and he would look for positive outlooks in it for his team and be in here trying to make the dude the best player in the world... He is adorable and we disagreed over the years but horrid/great the dude is there for game 1 of preseason till the final lakers game of the season with his lakers jersey on shouting from the rooftops.

More-Than-Most
09-24-2018, 08:08 PM
Stop before you get reported.

Id take kuzma/ingram over wade/butler this upcoming season because growth/lebron factor... Butler is clearly the best player but ingram/kuz are far far better than wade.... lebron will get the best out of them where butler will be trying hard to put his best into wades wife. Again butler is far better and a top 15 player in the world but the heat are a bubble team and if things go south on the court you best believe butler will be trying to get wades wife to go south off the court.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Id take kuzma/ingram over wade/butler this upcoming season because growth/lebron factor... Butler is clearly the best player but ingram/kuz are far far better than wade.... lebron will get the best out of them where butler will be trying hard to put his best into wades wife. Again butler is far better and a top 15 player in the world but the heat are a bubble team and if things go south on the court you best believe butler will be trying to get wades wife to go south off the court.

Youíre ignorant as **** lol. Your point about basketball are right on, Jimmy is top 10 and easily the best. Ingram and Kuzma will put up bigger numbers than wade more than likely over the course of the regular season but neither will be better in the playoffs. Show me some examples of guys that play the same style as Ingram and Kuzma and improved next to LeBron.

The off the court stuff if where youíre ignorant though and obviously trolling.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Jimmy Butlers teams make the playoffs though and Kuzma and Ingramís didnít so if itís for one season you take Jimmy over the pairing of Kuzma AND Ingram.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Lmfao ďButler is smashing Wades wifeĒ

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 08:26 PM
Jimmy Butlers teams make the playoffs though and Kuzma and Ingramís didnít so if itís for one season you take Jimmy over the pairing of Kuzma AND Ingram.

No

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 08:37 PM
No

For one season? Yes and thatís easy.

Jimmys team last year:playoffs
Jimmys team the previous year:playoffs
Ingram and Kuzma last year:lottery
Ingram the previous year:lottery

At this point Jimmy impacts winning way more than either and both combined.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 08:41 PM
For one season? Yes and thatís easy.

Jimmys team last year:playoffs
Jimmys team the previous year:playoffs
Ingram and Kuzma last year:lottery
Ingram the previous year:lottery

At this point Jimmy impacts winning way more than either and both combined.

Nope. Keep trying tho

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 09:02 PM
fixed.. that is a 5 year deal... didn't want you to forget that

He should hit his mediocre peak at that time so maybe 33 million would be a sweet deal...

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Nope. Keep trying tho

Youíre a different kind of homer my friend and fellow neighbor

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Youíre a different kind of homer my friend and fellow neighbor

Yea Iím a die hard watch every single game one... legit havenít missed a game in over 20 years, first time I have been hyped in 9years... donít sleep on this team brother/ youíre mistaken

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:20 PM
Yea Iím a die hard watch every single game one... legit havenít missed a game in over 20 years, first time I have been hyped in 9years... donít sleep on this team brother/ youíre mistaken

Aye brother I respect the **** out of that, your views are just a little flawed but itís understandable

Cal827
09-24-2018, 09:22 PM

Jesus Christ that's insane (in an incredible way) . I commend your dedication to your team :clap:

20 years straight of games. Lol, I've been a fan of the Raptors for 16 years, but there have been games I missed.... and seasons I wished I missed :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Aye brother I respect the **** out of that, your views are just a little flawed but itís understandable

Your views donít even count because you donít watch...

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Jesus Christ that's insane (in an incredible way) . I commend your dedication to your team :clap:

20 years straight of games. Lol, I've been a fan of the Raptors for 16 years, but there have been games I missed.... and seasons I wished I missed :laugh2:

I went to jail for 6mo and my mom recorded every single game for me to watch..

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Your views donít even count because you donít watch...

Nah trust me they do

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:51 PM

You were out there selling/taking that good **** huh?

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 09:59 PM
You were out there selling/taking that good **** huh?

Lmao Iím 35, that was 10 years ago

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 09:59 PM
Nah trust me they do

I like your input but completely flawed when talking Lakers basketball.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Lmao Iím 35, that was 10 years ago

I respect the hustle friend

Jeffy25
09-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Nope. And with the deal they gave Wiggins, it really kills us moving forward. But, at the very least, flexibility remains due to age of roster. Minny was on a ticking clock with their youth, extensions were around the corner, and they had to do something. The Butler trade was a great trade in principle, only now it backfired entirely. The constant in the equations remain the same though-if Wiggins would ever not suck the floor up and be what everyone in the Wolves organization wants him to be, problem solved. But, he won't, he will continue to be way below average, and eat up cap space we could be using on players with a pulse.

The Wolves traded the wrong guy(s) is all. Lavine isn't anything special, but he makes a lot less money and is a better player.

I should add, they could have had Markaken and Dunn to that list as well.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 10:11 PM
Post ASB numbers:

Richardson: 11 ppg, 3.7 reb, 2.8 ast., 31.6 3P%, 44% FG, 34 mins a game
Winslow: 11 ppg, 6 reb, 2.6 ast, 37 3P%, 44% FG, 28 mins a game

Justice was also quite a bit better than JRich in the playoffs in 8-9 less minutes per game.

Heís also 3 years younger.

Interesting. Winslow is due an extension, probably 4 year/40M. He may be able to slide right in for JRich if heís traded. Iíd say JRich is the better defender but Winslow is a bully himself in that end and was getting high praise from the elite players in the league for his defense his rookie season.

Cal827
09-24-2018, 10:29 PM
One team that I'm surprised we haven't heard more of in the Butler Sweepstakes is Philly. With Toronto making a big move for Kawhi, and Boston getting their injured guys back (the same injured squad that beat them in the playoffs). They kinda need someone who can take them to the next level and to prevent falling back. For example, if Toronto acquires Butler without selling too much out, and are able to convince the two guys to stay, then Philly will be in serious trouble. Now I know that Simmons/Embiid seem a little immature in the media, they both seem to be really focused on their respective games, getting better and getting to the top. Philly has that Miami pick to dangle as well cause (AT this time) might be high. I feel they'd have a good chance of resigning him if he went there.

Thought the fact that Miami is looking to unload contracts/get Butler themselves to position themselves to possibly get another star to join or s/t for one (which would likely lower the value of that unprotected pick), would motivate Philly to get into the sweepstakes (although they might be in them just more of a quiet member), but it seems like the guys that have been checking in the most are the Heat, the Raptors, and maybe the Clippers, while the Nets/Knicks (and maybe the Clippers?) maybe looking to get him via FA without trading anything away.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 11:08 PM

Give it up and send him to Miami Thibs. He knows his jobs on the line too I guess.

Cal827
09-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Stubborn old coach :laugh2: He might have had a chance of prolonging his tenure if was willing to let go and deal him out, rather than lose his dignity basically begging him to come back when he said he's done.

Stunner
09-24-2018, 11:18 PM
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 11:26 PM
Welll I would assume that kills any sort of leverage the wolves had with Jimmy telling them thereís no chance he returns.

Could be coincidence but Jimmy was getting his physical/meeting with Thibs during Miamiís media day where Whiteside JRich Kelly and Winslow all showed up late. Maybe a deal was almost complete but Thibs was delaying to talk to Jimmy and then those guys ended up coming to Heat media day.

GREATNESS ONE
09-25-2018, 12:10 AM
Trade him for picks and young players, fire Thibs, move foraard

Dade County
09-25-2018, 12:17 AM
Welll I would assume that kills any sort of leverage the wolves had with Jimmy telling them thereís no chance he returns.

Could be coincidence but Jimmy was getting his physical/meeting with Thibs during Miamiís media day where Whiteside JRich Kelly and Winslow all showed up late. Maybe a deal was almost complete but Thibs was delaying to talk to Jimmy and then those guys ended up coming to Heat media day.

Miami isn't given up all those assets for Butler. Not happening.

Unless Pat is trying to pair him with another All Star level player, then yeah, everyone gone.

Teams that I think have a shoot of landing Butler with in the next 48hrs.

76ers, Raps, HEAT, Lakers, N.O (wild card), Spurs (wild card)

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 12:23 AM

Unless Pat is trying to pair him with another All Star level player, then yeah, everyone gone.

They wouldnít all be moved for him but I bet theyíre he most discussed players in the deal.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 02:41 AM

😂...are you Italian?

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 02:45 AM
Trade him for picks and young players, fire Thibs, move foraard

Pretty much. Iíd trade him to Celtics for there pick next year and Draft Zion

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-25-2018, 06:56 AM
it was Wally

I thought it was Laettner or Gugliotta.

Vinylman
09-25-2018, 07:57 AM
How can you tell what enept management is until it actually fails? 2 and a half years seems like you didnt even give it a chance to succeed and once kobe walked away you did. I have no real issues with you and understand where you are coming from because sixers old management was similar where we were just trying to stay competitive/mediocre before making drastic changes but to get on another fanbase like you did is not smart and extremely short sighted... Basically it was no worse than calling someone a fake fan in all honesty even though it was the exact opposite... Nobody gets on you for walking away from your team for 2 plus years until they became really good.

sighÖ mitch and jimbaco were horrible for a lot longer than 2 years. They cast their lot when they wouldn't put that POS Bynum in the deal for CP3 Ö that was long before Kobe got hurt... they then solidified their ignorance with the hiring of mike brown and dandummy.

Your "analysis" has nothing to do with reality and it also takes my comment on not supporting the team via games or merch for 2.5 year as some how not being a fan of the Lakers anymore.

stick to what you know best... nothing

Vinylman
09-25-2018, 08:01 AM

Lakers don't have the salaries to match without adding two of the young guys Ö and that ain't happening

warfelg
09-25-2018, 08:17 AM
One team that I'm surprised we haven't heard more of in the Butler Sweepstakes is Philly.

We're called on him. But it does sound like Brand and Brown kinda laughed a bit when they were on the phone. Minny is seemingly looking for a package as if Butler is a top 5 player. And with the position team is in right now it's not worth trading for a potential rental. The locker room is really strong and a great place. Why fracture that for a guy you aren't sure is going to be there long term?

ewing
09-25-2018, 08:22 AM

Your management was trying to be good. Iguodala never learned to shoot/got any better and Bynum was an injury bust. This is what I don't like about the tank or championship mentality. Sometimes things don't work out , I'm not saying they didn't make mistakes but this idea that you cant try to be good until its a sure thing is ***** ****.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Lakers don't have the salaries to match without adding two of the young guys Ö and that ain't happening

Yeah Magic Johnson was in to much of a rush to buyout and stretch Deng. Yet we all knew Thibs was waiting to get Deng. Deng could of been the big salary filler for a Butler trade. Other big salary fillers like Rondo and KCP and Lance cant be traded for how many months yet. So Lakers pretty much out of the Butler trade sweepstakes unless they part with a bunch of kids. Yeah they can still try and sign him next summer.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 09:23 AM

please don't ever bring up Laettner. We were the worst team in the league that year, and somehow fell to 3rd in the draft.

Shaq
Zo

Laettner

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 09:24 AM
sighÖ mitch and jimbaco were horrible for a lot longer than 2 years. They cast their lot when they wouldn't put that POS Bynum in the deal for CP3 Ö that was long before Kobe got hurt... they then solidified their ignorance with the hiring of mike brown and dandummy.

Your "analysis" has nothing to do with reality and it also takes my comment on not supporting the team via games or merch for 2.5 year as some how not being a fan of the Lakers anymore.

stick to what you know best... nothing

the point is true though. I remember reading Laker fans talk about the "dark days". Like, cmon. That is like a dude who nails 10's having a year long dry spell because he had surgery to his penis before he got right back on the horse.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
please don't ever bring up Laettner. We were the worst team in the league that year, and somehow fell to 3rd in the draft.

Shaq
Zo

Laettner

Yeah, we should of taken Jim Jackson

But still, the drop off in that draft after 2

Still the worst draft sliding down to 3 with the worst record when Shaq is comin. Just sucks still

Scoots
09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
the point is true though. I remember reading Laker fans talk about the "dark days". Like, cmon. That is like a dude who nails 10's having a year long dry spell because he had surgery to his penis before he got right back on the horse.

Yeah, it's like Yankees fans mocking Cubs fans. It's always been a LOT more fun to be a Cubs fan anyhow.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Yeah, we should of taken Jim Jackson

But still, the drop off in that draft after 2

Still the worst draft sliding down to 3 with the worst record when Shaq is comin. Just sucks still

dude, it was the worst. Like cmon

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it's like Yankees fans mocking Cubs fans. It's always been a LOT more fun to be a Cubs fan anyhow.

Well, the biggest hope Wolves fans have, is even the Warriors finally got it right haha

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 09:56 AM

Kings want to help facilitate a trade by taking on salary for a pick.

Thibs still hasnít given up on convincing Jimmy to stay lol!

This is taking way too long and apparently teams are getting frustrated with the Wolves.

ewing
09-25-2018, 10:00 AM

Kings want to help facilitate a trade by taking on salary for a pick.

Thibs still hasnít given up on convincing Jimmy to stay lol!

This is taking way too long and apparently teams are getting frustrated with the Wolves.

Way to long?? It been less then a week? The Wolves should be willing to hear offers but since they were in route to a top 4 seed last year with a core that should get better and better together they absolutely should take there time and be trying to make this babies kiss and make up while they hear offers.

ewing
09-25-2018, 10:03 AM

Is Ricky Rubio better then any of those guys? Its pretty debatable but for some reason Wolves fans are still in love with him after 8 years. I think he takes the crown

Rivera
09-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Kuzma > Wiggins

I actually really like this Lakers team and I am a Zo and Kuz fan. There gonna get a lot better and I like that the Lakers are gonna try to get LeBron off the ball a bit for rest and less pressure. I think this Lakers team could seriously make the WCF against GSW. I like their depth and athleticism. Plus I canít wait to see a line up of Zo/Hart/BI/Kuz/Bron

AllBall
09-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Woj reporting....

In recent days, Sacramento has been aggressive in courting Minnesota and several of Butler's trade suitors -- offering to use its space as a landing spot for bloated contracts. The Kings are without their first-round draft pick in 2019, and uniquely positioned to leverage that cap space into, at a minimum, a future first-round pick and maybe more as part of a Butler blockbuster. The Brooklyn Nets, LA Clippers and Miami Heat all have contracts that they'd love to unload, and a Butler deal could mean that they deliver Sacramento a pick and cash to take on a veteran player.

Assistant GM Brandon Williams has informed teams that the Kings aren't adverse to parking contracts that extend into the 2019-20 season, including Dieng.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24788896/tom-thibodeau-pitches-jimmy-butler-rejoining-timberwolves

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Way to long?? It been less then a week? The Wolves should be willing to hear offers but since they were in route to a top 4 seed last year with a core that should get better and better together they absolutely should take there time and be trying to make this babies kiss and make up while they hear offers.

Heís made it clear twice now heís not staying and they have no leverage.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Suns also want to help facilitate a trade if they can get a PG. maybe they jump in and get Teague somehow. Wolves have Tyus and Rose who should be solid.

kdspurman
09-25-2018, 10:25 AM

True, but the Wolves can't just rush cause he wants out. They still gotta make the right move for them and try and get the most out of it. Tomorrow makes a week, I wouldn't say it's taking too long. Still 3 weeks left till opening night, but I imagine (based off Taylor's comments) they'll have something done within the week

ewing
09-25-2018, 10:28 AM

i thought he had a contact, was on a young and up coming team, playing for a coach he loves. the Wolves are being accommodating by listening to/soliciting offers.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:42 AM
i thought he had a contact, was on a young and up coming team, playing for a coach he loves. the Wolves are being accommodating by listening to/soliciting offers.

That team is ruined if he returns after all the rumors and speculation thatís comd out since his request and the Wiggins brothers beef. He does have a contract but he doesnít want to be there, the team isnít very up and coming as Wiggins sucks and Towns is starting to become underwhelming, heís told the coach he loves twice to his face now he doesnít want to play for him or the Wolves. They are being accommodating by listening to offers but Thibs is putting a hold on everything and thatís why the owner is stepping in.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:43 AM
True, but the Wolves can't just rush cause he wants out. They still gotta make the right move for them and try and get the most out of it. Tomorrow makes a week, I wouldn't say it's taking too long. Still 3 weeks left till opening night, but I imagine (based off Taylor's comments) they'll have something done within the week

Yea he wants it done soon for sure, doesnít want it lingering over the team. I had saw they wanted it done before training camp today, not sure what time that starts but it seems unlikely.

kdspurman
09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Yea he wants it done soon for sure, doesnít want it lingering over the team. I had saw they wanted it done before training camp today, not sure what time that starts but it seems unlikely.

Yea seems unlikely but who knows. He'll probably be excused anyway, so shouldn't create too much of a distraction.

ewing
09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
That team is ruined if he returns after all the rumors and speculation thatís comd out since his request and the Wiggins brothers beef. He does have a contract but he doesnít want to be there, the team isnít very up and coming as Wiggins sucks and Towns is starting to become underwhelming, heís told the coach he loves twice to his face now he doesnít want to play for him or the Wolves. They are being accommodating by listening to offers but Thibs is putting a hold on everything and thatís why the owner is stepping in.

You just want Butler on your team

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:55 AM

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:56 AM
You just want Butler on your team

I do want butler on my team but me wanting butler on my team isnít the reason he demanded a trade, doesnít like Wiggins or Towns, and doesnít want to play for Minnesota brother!

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Yea seems unlikely but who knows. He'll probably be excused anyway, so shouldn't create too much of a distraction.

Yea heís been excused just makes you wonder about guys involved in trade rumors along with him like Dieng.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Is Ricky Rubio better then any of those guys? Its pretty debatable but for some reason Wolves fans are still in love with him after 8 years. I think he takes the crown

similar level of both their tenures in MN, yes. Sadly...

ewing
09-25-2018, 11:13 AM
I do want butler on my team but me wanting butler on my team isnít the reason he demanded a trade, doesnít like Wiggins or Towns, and doesnít want to play for Minnesota brother!

Thatís doesnít mean you trade him today. It also doesnít mean it canít work. You never disliked people on a team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 11:19 AM

From a competitive standpoint, the Heat are much less appetizing. Plain and simple, Jimmy is a snake who tries to bang your girl, and the Wolves players that matter donít want him around for that fact.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:22 AM
From a competitive standpoint, the Heat are much less appetizing. Plain and simple, Jimmy is a snake who tries to bang your girl, and the Wolves players that matter donít want him around for that fact.

The Heat make the playoffs without Butler, the Wolves donít even sniff the playoffs without Butler.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Thatís doesnít mean you trade him today. It also doesnít mean it canít work. You never disliked people on a team?

Itís not going to work neighbor and Butler has told them this twice AND checked with the owner to make sure trade talks were still ongoing and going well.

Vinylman
09-25-2018, 11:37 AM

nah... once the old man left there was a real chance that the organization was gonna die... I was around when JKC was the owner... I know what can happen

ewing
09-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Itís not going to work neighbor and Butler has told them this twice AND checked with the owner to make sure trade talks were still ongoing and going well.

I think he will be traded. I think the owner is stupid for giving up all hope on it working out.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 11:43 AM
nah... once the old man left there was a real chance that the organization was gonna die... I was around when JKC was the owner... I know what can happen

I suppose it still could die. LeBron clearly is a huge win though...

But, forgive other fan bases for not having much sympathy for a little pain for Laker fans....

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 12:02 PM
what's taking this Butler for Lowry deal so long?

Vinylman
09-25-2018, 12:06 PM
I suppose it still could die. LeBron clearly is a huge win though...

But, forgive other fan bases for not having much sympathy for a little pain for Laker fans....

but it won't be the result of bad management... and that is the point... GT in Minnie is the problem... that problem isn't going away

ewing
09-25-2018, 12:08 PM
similar level of both their tenures in MN, yes. Sadly...

Seriously its interesting how Ricky is so loved and Christian so hated. Leantter had a nice career. People always hated him, while people seem to always love Ricky. If Ricky went to Duke everyone would hate him

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 12:16 PM
but it won't be the result of bad management... and that is the point... GT in Minnie is the problem... that problem isn't going away

Taylor is 76. So hopefully it ends soon enough (his tenure).

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 12:18 PM
Seriously its interesting how Ricky is so loved and Christian so hated. Leantter had a nice career. People always hated him, while people seem to always love Ricky. If Ricky went to Duke everyone would hate him

laettner was a complete douche to EVERYONE is why. You don't remember that?

Ricky is very loveable dude. He literally says all the right things, and clearly plays his heart out. He just has such a damaging weakness. If he could even be an average scorer, he would be on the top tier of PGs, the other parts of his game are so strong. Alas, scoring is pretty important haha

IndyRealist
09-25-2018, 12:24 PM

Laettner had a long career, I wouldn't characterize it as nice. Laettner got chance after chance and failed to live up to the hype. He was on the Dream Team, that's a lot to live up to.

Scoots
09-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Taylor is 76. So hopefully it ends soon enough (his tenure).

Raiders fans said things like that for a decade then his son took over.

ewing
09-25-2018, 12:27 PM
laettner was a complete douche to EVERYONE is why. You don't remember that?

Ricky is very loveable dude. He literally says all the right things, and clearly plays his heart out. He just has such a damaging weakness. If he could even be an average scorer, he would be on the top tier of PGs, the other parts of his game are so strong. Alas, scoring is pretty important haha

Come on, so he stepped on a guy and played a little dirty. Everyone loves JJ now (Its incredible). Lets give him some love

ewing
09-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Laettner had a long career, I wouldn't characterize it as nice. Laettner got chance after chance and failed to live up to the hype. He was on the Dream Team, that's a lot to live up to.

He was on the dream team b/c of his college career. Of course he didn't have the same NBA career as the other guys did but he still did have a nice career.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2018, 12:33 PM

If you still had Demarr, deal would probably be done already😂

IndyRealist
09-25-2018, 12:33 PM
He was on the dream team b/c of his college career. Of course he didn't have the same NBA career as the other guys did but he still did have a nice career.

It set him up for unrealistic expectations before he even played an NBA game. Unless he became a HoFer he was always going to be a disappointment.

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 12:48 PM
If you still had Demarr, deal would probably be done already😂

knowing Minnesota i suspect you are right. why stop at one Andrew Wiggins when you can have two, am i right?

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 12:55 PM
knowing Minnesota i suspect you are right. why stop at one Andrew Wiggins when you can have two, am i right?

Excited for Wiggins to be all nba 2nd team this year and lead his team to the 1 seed!

valade16
09-25-2018, 12:56 PM

If we are going off the supposition that SA's FO and Pop are indeed very good at analyzing talent and using advanced metrics, do you have to rethink your DeMar sucks position considering they traded for him, or that they wanted him over Lowry?

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 01:00 PM
👀👀👀

IndyRealist
09-25-2018, 01:31 PM
What's unfortunate is that a Kawhi-Jimmy trade could have happened and everyone would be happier.

mightybosstone
09-25-2018, 01:43 PM
What's unfortunate is that a Kawhi-Jimmy trade could have happened and everyone would be happier.

Mmm... Would they? If you're Kawhi, would you rather be in Toronto for a season or Minnesota for a season? I think Toronto is just a far, far more desirable spot to be in as an NBA player right now. It's just a much better run organization that is much closer to winning a title at this point.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Laettner was arguably one of the greatest 2-3 college players ever. He absolutely didn't translate into the NBA as well. Funny enough, I think he would be way better today, with his shooting/ball handling/passing skills.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Come on, so he stepped on a guy and played a little dirty. Everyone loves JJ now (Its incredible). Lets give him some love

dude, he was a totally arrogant douchebag haha. he even admits it essentially.

IndyRealist
09-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Mmm... Would they? If you're Kawhi, would you rather be in Toronto for a season or Minnesota for a season? I think Toronto is just a far, far more desirable spot to be in as an NBA player right now. It's just a much better run organization that is much closer to winning a title at this point.

Kawhi felt SA was disloyal to him by rushing him back on the court. MIN doesn't -want- to trade Butler, they are being forced to. I think Kawhi would have a lot easier time trusting the Wolves than the Raptors.

Oefarmy2005
09-25-2018, 02:06 PM

The first point about Toronto being a better run organization is valid(there are maybe 2 teams in the league for which it would not be), but they have an equivalent chance of winning a chip - 0. This is going to be GS/HOU/BOS/PHI in the finals for the next 3-4 years with the Lakers and OKC looking in on the outside. I would give a Toronto a 5% chance advancing to the finals out of the east, let alone winning a chip.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Teams are upping their offers guys, think weíre going to get something done today or tomorrow. Miami originally didnít offer JRich but now it seems they may have to. Stay tuned.

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 03:28 PM
Excited for Wiggins to be all nba 2nd team this year and lead his team to the 1 seed!If Butler leaves it's possible. Counting stats are literally all that's required.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 03:32 PM
If we are going off the supposition that SA's FO and Pop are indeed very good at analyzing talent and using advanced metrics, do you have to rethink your DeMar sucks position considering they traded for him, or that they wanted him over Lowry?I am going off of no suppositions other than he is the best player they could get. Don't kid yourself, Masai traded a player who could not have been more revered by the fans because it was a dream come true that DeRozan was all it took.

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2018, 03:41 PM
The Heat make the playoffs without Butler, the Wolves donít even sniff the playoffs without Butler.

Heat suck letís be real lol

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Heat suck letís be real lol

Better than the Knicks and the Wolves without Butler. With Butler theyíre top 4 in the East.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 04:18 PM
If Butler leaves it's possible. Counting stats are literally all that's required.

Counting stats gets you the 1st seed! Someone on the Heat just needs inflate their numbers and weíll get it!

valade16
09-25-2018, 04:59 PM
I am going off of no suppositions other than he is the best player they could get. Don't kid yourself, Masai traded a player who could not have been more revered by the fans because it was a dream come true that DeRozan was all it took.

You don't think the Spurs could have traded Kawhi for Kyle Lowry? Would Masai have said no to that?

Jamiecballer
09-25-2018, 05:08 PM
You don't think the Spurs could have traded Kawhi for Kyle Lowry? Would Masai have said no to that?I don't, and I do. The Raptors were able to get out of a situation that would have been next to impossible any other way. You give the guy the keys to the kingdom and install him as your guy, your Kobe. 9 years later, you see what he is, and what he is is a guy who is not nearly good enough to be that guy, but deeply established within that role on the team and even more importantly, an absolute hero to a Canadian fanbase that eats up your words of affection for Canada. How do you get out of that? Get a guy that is undeniably one of those guys in return. Masai is a killer. He doesn't give one **** whether you rep Canada every chance you can get. He knows who has been instrumental in his teams success.

valade16
09-25-2018, 05:12 PM
I don't, and I do. The Raptors were able to get out of a situation that would have been next to impossible any other way. You give the guy the keys to the kingdom and install him as your guy, your Kobe. 9 years later, you see what he is, and what he is is a guy who is not nearly good enough to be that guy, but deeply established within that role on the team and even more importantly, an absolute hero to a Canadian fanbase that eats up your words of affection for Canada. How do you get out of that? Get a guy that is undeniably one of those guys in return. Masai is a killer. He doesn't give one **** whether you rep Canada every chance you can get. He knows who has been instrumental in his teams success.

I agree it was a savvy move by the Raptors, but I don't think the Spurs took him because he was the only trade they could get. I won't say they wanted him (or certainly not for Kawhi), but he was the best they could get. He has value, probably not to the Raptors because as you said, he was miscast in his role and the Raptors couldn't change that short of trading him. But in a lesser role than Franchise savior, he's a quality player.

WaDe03
09-25-2018, 11:31 PM

If the deal falls through because they wonít give JRich Iíll be livid but I would love to keep both!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2018, 07:39 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2018, 07:46 AM

Vinylman
09-26-2018, 08:04 AM
Raiders fans said things like that for a decade then his son took over.

bingo Ö don't forget the Knicks or the bears or.... death means nothing

Vinylman
09-26-2018, 08:09 AM
Laettner was arguably one of the greatest 2-3 college players ever. He absolutely didn't translate into the NBA as well. Funny enough, I think he would be way better today, with his shooting/ball handling/passing skills.

cmon dude... maybe top 10 at best but Alcindor, Walton, maravich and david Thompson just off the top my head....

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 08:34 AM
cmon dude... maybe top 10 at best but Alcindor, Walton, maravich and david Thompson just off the top my head....

Laettner was an incredible college player. Against better competition as well. Alcindor is my #1. Walton maybe 2. I will change it to the best 2-3 I have ever seen. I do think Maravich, Thompson, and maybe even Bird, or Russell, are better than Laettner was. But I never saw most of them.

My Dad played a game against Walton in the early 70's, said he was the most unstoppable thing he has ever seen.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2018, 08:55 AM
I feel like one team is about to give up a bit much for butler which should make every wolves fan insanely happy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2018, 08:57 AM

Suns would eat Teague for sure. Suns maybe give Bucks pick and expiring Chandler and any other tiny asset.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:26 AM

Jimmy is the difference in being the 3rd seed in the toughest conference or being a below .500 non-playoff team. Iím stsrtig to think heís closer to 5 than 10 when it comes to players in the league.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 09:39 AM

Jimmy is the difference in being the 3rd seed in the toughest conference or being a below .500 non-playoff team. Iím stsrtig to think heís closer to 5 than 10 when it comes to players in the league.

eh, seeds 3-9 were separated by 3 games. If the Wolves had gone 12-11, instead of 10-13, in Butler's absence, they would have kept that 3 seed. While he was our best player for sure, one of the truly elites with Towns would have built a little bit stronger cushion. Or our coach could actually use Towns more, instead of letting him take 13 shots/game...

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:44 AM
eh, seeds 3-9 were separated by 3 games. If the Wolves had gone 12-11, instead of 10-13, in Butler's absence, they would have kept that 3 seed. While he was our best player for sure, one of the truly elites with Towns would have built a little bit stronger cushion. Or our coach could actually use Towns more, instead of letting him take 13 shots/game...

Iím mainly looking at the win% and differential though. They wouldíve have a huge cushion at 3 at that pace correct?

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:45 AM

Letís gooooo!!!!

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 09:45 AM

Lol, no he isn't man. Jimmy Butler was a huge piece of that Wolves team and the Wolves gave up some solid pieces to get him. It's not like you're replacing Jimmy Butler with Paul George or something. You lose Butler and that means Wiggins is the 2nd best player on the Wolves - which is not exactly a great feature of the team. It's easier for a team to adjust when they lose a player for the beginning of the season than when they lose them deep into the season (especially when the playoffs come around and seeding gets more competitive so teams play harder). They had to revamp their play with Butler gone with minimal practice.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:46 AM
Miami media was all over this the day he requested a trade. Woj is lowkey a snake who will put out any info and when he named his 3 I **** on the Miami media when I shouldnít have. Thanks for showing me the light on Woj Indyrealist!

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 09:47 AM
Iím mainly looking at the win% and differential though. They wouldíve have a huge cushion at 3 at that pace correct?

oh for sure they would have. Run away with it

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Lol, no he isn't man. Jimmy Butler was a huge piece of that Wolves team and the Wolves gave up some solid pieces to get him. It's not like you're replacing Jimmy Butler with Paul George or something. You lose Butler and that means Wiggins is the 2nd best player on the Wolves - which is not exactly a great feature of the team. It's easier for a team to adjust when they lose a player for the beginning of the season than when they lose them deep into the season (especially when the playoffs come around and seeding gets more competitive so teams play harder). They had to revamp their play with Butler gone with minimal practice.

and especially when you lose a player that controls every single play he is in. When you depend on single players so much, it hurts to lose them more. Meaning, a system like the Spurs use for instance, where the offense doesn't care as much about the name on the back of the jersey, will be better off losing a stud. Iso offenses, not so much.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:51 AM

You may be right but in terms of impact I believe he was top 4 in the league if I remember correctly? Top 3 the year before. This dudes impact is just huge and overlooked.

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Harden
Kawhi (if he gets back to pre-injury)
AD

Those 6 we can say are for sure better so maybe 5 was pushing it.

Westbrook you probably lean towards Westbrook and Iím excited to see him this year for sure.

So thereís 7.

8-9-10 are Jimmy Giannis CP3 tier and I think thereís a legit argument to be made for Jimmy being 8th. Giannis is a freak but he doesnít impact the game the way butler does and it shows.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Hawkeye what would your preferred trade for Jimmy to Miami be?

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:55 AM

Get it done!!!

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Obviously the teams he list donít matter because they can trade him anywhere but this means Iíd hes traded to Miami he would be willing to sign next summer.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 09:56 AM
You may be right but in terms of impact I believe he was top 4 in the league if I remember correctly? Top 3 the year before. This dudes impact is just huge and overlooked.

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Harden
Kawhi (if he gets back to pre-injury)
AD

Those 6 we can say are for sure better so maybe 5 was pushing it.

Westbrook you probably lean towards Westbrook and Iím excited to see him this year for sure.

So thereís 7.

8-9-10 are Jimmy Giannis CP3 tier and I think thereís a legit argument to be made for Jimmy being 8th. Giannis is a freak but he doesnít impact the game the way butler does and it shows.

Jimmy's a great player for sure. Me personally, I don't like his game enough on most contenders. I think he needs the ball much too often and his lack of shooting is something that I believe puts Paul George above him. Not to mention that Jimmy is an old 29. Whoever shells out money for Jimmy Butler will have to consider the long-term wear & tear from playing under Thibs for countless years. It would be nice to see Jimmy Butler on the Heat coached by Spoelstra but nah, he isn't top ten, man. Giannis is much better than Jimmy Butler.. no debate.

R. Johnson#3
09-26-2018, 10:05 AM
Obviously the teams he list donít matter because they can trade him anywhere but this means Iíd hes traded to Miami he would be willing to sign next summer.

Wasnít he pissed with the effort (or lack thereof) that KAT and Wiggins put forth? I canít imagine heíd be excited to play with Whiteside then.

MygirlhatesCod
09-26-2018, 10:06 AM
i hope utah mans up and goes all in. a first and burks.

Miami is the only other spot that would make sense. nets and clips would be a waste and NY will never win.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Wasnít he pissed with the effort (or lack thereof) that KAT and Wiggins put forth? I canít imagine heíd be excited to play with Whiteside then.

Rest of the guys are gritty, though. I think with Spo and Wade manning the crew, Butler will fit right in. Whiteside was bound to get exposed eventually. I knew with the new contract that this dude was going to lose motivation.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Jimmy's a great player for sure. Me personally, I don't like his game enough on most contenders. I think he needs the ball much too often and his lack of shooting is something that I believe puts Paul George above him. Not to mention that Jimmy is an old 29. Whoever shells out money for Jimmy Butler will have to consider the long-term wear & tear from playing under Thibs for countless years. It would be nice to see Jimmy Butler on the Heat coached by Spoelstra but nah, he isn't top ten, man. Giannis is much better than Jimmy Butler.. no debate.

Thereís definitely a debate, Giannis doesnít have Jimmys impact. Jimmy is without a doubt better than PG. I have PG top 15 probably.

Letís see

11/12 would be either Embiid or a healthy cousins

I feel like Iím forgetting some guys but in no order my next tier would be:

Kyrie
Lillard
Wall
PG
Towns

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:11 AM

Whiteside may be traded in this deal but idk yet. I will say Whiteside has attitude issues but he definitely works hard and is busting his *** with Wades trainer this summer. Wades trainer helped transform Oladipos body before the start of last season so Iím excited to see how heís impacted Whiteside but maybbe getting my hopes up for nothing.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:14 AM
In Whitesides defense though, if I remember correctly Whiteside started last year strong and then got injured and couldnít find his rhythm again after. I think he was being stubborn and trying to play while being injured. If heís still with the Heat to start the season and picks up where he left off last season in without a doubt done with him.

He was climbing his way up to a top 5 center at one point.

Htownballa1622
09-26-2018, 10:27 AM
Imagine Miami not making this deal because Josh freakin' Richardson.

Dude's a nice player but he's not moving the needle. Get it done already.

R. Johnson#3
09-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Whiteside may be traded in this deal but idk yet. I will say Whiteside has attitude issues but he definitely works hard and is busting his *** with Wades trainer this summer. Wades trainer helped transform Oladipos body before the start of last season so Iím excited to see how heís impacted Whiteside but maybbe getting my hopes up for nothing.

Not a chance Minny takes on a 3rd max deal especially considering only 1 player on that team deserves his max deal.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Not a chance Minny takes on a 3rd max deal especially considering only 1 player on that team deserves his max deal.

Good point, Iím fine with riding it out then. If Jimmy has a problem with anyone itíll be Dion Weighters fat *** who looks like heís gained 30 pounds.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:51 AM
Imagine Miami not making this deal because Josh freakin' Richardson.

Dude's a nice player but he's not moving the needle. Get it done already.

Yea if thatís the deciding factor you have to do it but if they can have both theyíre defense will be so good.

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 10:56 AM
jimmy Butler once said he will never put on a Heat uniform or something like that.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:08 AM
jimmy Butler once said he will never put on a Heat uniform or something like that.

Yea in 2013 when the Bulls hated the Heat from all those *** kickings lol! Things can change fast, god bless him!

Big Zo
09-26-2018, 11:14 AM

But did he ever say he wouldnít put on a HEAT uniform? 🤔

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:17 AM

Driven
09-26-2018, 11:17 AM
He wants to play for EL HEAT

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 11:26 AM

true, but then why does Jimmy miss 15+ games a year for the most part?

Vinylman
09-26-2018, 11:46 AM

Plays with

H E A R T

I know that is a foreign concept to Wolves fans :p

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:48 AM

Because heís a bulldog and sometimes it gets the best of him imo.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Plays with

H E A R T

I know that is a foreign concept to Wolves fans :p

I get he plays with heart. So did KG, he never got hurt. A guy can't help his body, just saying he misses plenty of time, so his injury history should be a concern until proven otherwise.

valade16
09-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Blazers have inquired but I don't know what they could possibly offer. I don't think you trade CJ for him considering he's most likely going to walk after 1 year from Portland, and we have nothing else to trade.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Blazers have inquired but I don't know what they could possibly offer. I don't think you trade CJ for him considering he's most likely going to walk after 1 year from Portland, and we have nothing else to trade.

Yeah I have zero interest in that trade for the Wolves. We already have a tiny PG, no wing defense, and CJ makes a ton of money the next 5 years.

valade16
09-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Yeah I have zero interest in that trade for the Wolves. We already have a tiny PG, no wing defense, and CJ makes a ton of money the next 5 years.

Trading CJ for Butler won't be some OKC/PG feel good story. He won't stay anyway. We're the Blazers, when has something positive ever actually happened to us?

dhopisthename
09-26-2018, 12:57 PM
i hope utah mans up and goes all in. a first and burks.

Miami is the only other spot that would make sense. nets and clips would be a waste and NY will never win.

if thats all it took I bet the Jazz would take that risk, but I don't see it costing that little. especially since that pick would likely be pretty mediocre.

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 01:00 PM
if thats all it took I bet the Jazz would take that risk, but I don't see it costing that little. especially since that pick would likely be pretty mediocre.

Trade doesn't work anyway. Burk isn't enough salary.

dhopisthename
09-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Trading CJ for Butler won't be some OKC/PG feel good story. He won't stay anyway. We're the Blazers, when has something positive ever actually happened to us?

trading old *** gerald wallace for a unprotected pick and drafting damian.

valade16
09-26-2018, 01:02 PM
trading old *** gerald wallace for a unprotected pick and drafting damian.

And for that good fortune the basketball Gods decreed that LMA leave lol

dhopisthename
09-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Trade doesn't work anyway. Burk isn't enough salary.

according to the nba trade machine just adding sefolosha works. so its not like salaries would be that big of an issue. I just don't think grayson allen, a first and burks would be enough to trade him.

dhopisthename
09-26-2018, 01:06 PM
And for that good fortune the basketball Gods decreed that LMA leave lol

same thing with the Jazz. draft Donovan Mitchell and lose hayward.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:09 PM

Scoots
09-26-2018, 01:17 PM
I feel bad for the Wolves fans.

If they got markkanen for Butler straight up that may be the best they can do here.

mightybosstone
09-26-2018, 01:19 PM
If he does end up in Miami, I'm ultimately totally fine with it. I'm happy for the guy to get to play with Wade for one last season, he'll be out of the West so I won't have to worry about him anymore, and that should ultimately be a pretty darn good team, even if they have to move Richardson (which should be an absolute must if you're Minnesota).

That being said, I still kinda don't get it from Butler's perspective. If Whiteside can get his crap together, then he, Butler and Dragic make a pretty solid trio to build around, and that team has some legit role players, depending on who gets dealt to make this move happen. But that team is still miles away from being a serious contender, and it doesn't appear like they're going to have any cap room to work with to add a second legitimate star next summer.

So if you're Butler, this move is definitely not being made because you want to win a title. That team will be competitive in the East and win some games, but they're still at least one really big piece away from being a legitimate contender. Signing with Miami long-term seems like he's locking into second-round exits for the rest of his prime.

GREATNESS ONE
09-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Lmfao Jimmy going to be smashing Wadeís wife by Christmas

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:21 PM

valade16
09-26-2018, 01:24 PM
If he does end up in Miami, I'm ultimately totally fine with it. I'm happy for the guy to get to play with Wade for one last season, he'll be out of the West so I won't have to worry about him anymore, and that should ultimately be a pretty darn good team, even if they have to move Richardson (which should be an absolute must if you're Minnesota).

That being said, I still kinda don't get it from Butler's perspective. If Whiteside can get his crap together, then he, Butler and Dragic make a pretty solid trio to build around, and that team has some legit role players, depending on who gets dealt to make this move happen. But that team is still miles away from being a serious contender, and it doesn't appear like they're going to have any cap room to work with to add a second legitimate star next summer.

So if you're Butler, this move is definitely not being made because you want to win a title. That team will be competitive in the East and win some games, but they're still at least one really big piece away from being a legitimate contender. Signing with Miami long-term seems like he's locking into second-round exits for the rest of his prime.

Butler's spent the last decade in Chicago and Minnesota. Probably figures he can go to Miami, take a year long vacation and figure out where he wants to go.

WaDe03

Iím not so sure on the 2nd round exits part through his prime yet. If this is indeed a 4 team deal Miami could possibly be clearing loads of cap for next offseason to add someone next to Jimmy. Just have to see who all is moved to see what the team needs next offseason to compete.

WaDe03
Lmfao Jimmy going to be smashing Wadeís wife by Christmas

Sheís finna get DPíd!!!

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Doesnít make sense to trade Dragic here? I guess weíll see maybe they have a move for a PG better than Dragic coming in. Would mean Bam and the 1st are gone for sure.

Rivera
09-26-2018, 01:28 PM
nice, everything is heating up, there is a lot of smoke about Butler to MIA I wonder what the final deal will be

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:28 PM
nice, everything is heating up, there is a lot of smoke about Butler to MIA I wonder what the final deal will be

Pun intended?

valade16
09-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Doesnít make sense to trade Dragic here? I guess weíll see maybe they have a move for a PG better than Dragic coming in. Would mean Bam and the 1st are gone for sure.

It does from Minny (specifically Thibs') perspective. He wanted guys who can help him win now, and the only one that fits in Miami is Dragic.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:31 PM
Suns and Wolves want Dragic

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:32 PM
It does from Minny (specifically Thibs') perspective. He wanted guys who can help him win now, and the only one that fits in Miami is Dragic.

Confused at who Miami runs at point here though. Wade and have JRich guard the opposing point? Theyíve been working with Winslow on PG skills so maybe they try that? Would assume one of those 2 is for sure gone though.

valade16
09-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Confused at who Miami runs at point here though. Wade and have JRich guard the opposing point? Theyíve been working with Winslow on PG skills so maybe they try that? Would assume one of those 2 is for sure gone though.

Yeah IDK either. How do you feel about the Heat giving up Dragic to get Butler? Are you still in favor of the deal?

beasted86
09-26-2018, 01:35 PM
I hope Miami is not willing to sell the farm for Butler when there's no guarantee he stays. I'm nervous hearing "Miami has been aggressive" in these headlines.

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 01:42 PM
I hope Miami is not willing to sell the farm for Butler when there's no guarantee he stays. I'm nervous hearing "Miami has been aggressive" in these headlines.

What farm though? My understanding is that MIA hates Whiteside and plays better with him on the bench. So you're getting out from under Whiteside's contract AND getting a top 10ish player for a declining PG and a good not great wing.

unleashthebeast
Super curious what the full deal would be if Goran is involved. I would assume that we would want to keep Winslow in that scenario to play the pseudo starting point guard role, with him running the offense.

beasted86
Yeah IDK either. How do you feel about the Heat giving up Dragic to get Butler? Are you still in favor of the deal?

I personally would be annoyed if Dragic is included and we're not getting a true starting PG back.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:44 PM

Yes I definitely do it. A top 10 guy who wants Miami meaning theres a good chance he signs next summer.

Just remembered JRich was a PG and has been playing out of position due to Dragic being here, that may solve that problem.

beasted86
09-26-2018, 01:44 PM
What farm though? My understanding is that MIA hates Whiteside and plays better with him on the bench. So you're getting out from under Whiteside's contract AND getting a top 10ish player for a declining PG and a good not great wing.

I don't care at all about losing Whiteside. It's BAM, J Rich and Dragić.

I've read foolish scenarios that included all 3, which is giving up way too much.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:46 PM
I personally would be annoyed if Dragic is included and we're not getting a true starting PG back.

Surely they have a plan, theyíre not going to leave a huge hole like that I would hope.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:46 PM

I've read foolish scenarios that included all 3, which is giving up way too much.

Only way Iím trading all 3 is if were getting someone like Kyrie or Lillard too.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Iíll trade every and any young guy the Heat can trade right now to add another star and go all in one this season as well as the future with those stars. If they leave then screw it, time for an actual rebuild. Riley doing all he can to be competitive in Wades last year so he has my respect if he pulls this off!

beasted86
09-26-2018, 01:49 PM
Yes I definitely do it. A top 10 guy who wants Miami meaning theres a good chance he signs next summer.

Just remembered JRich was a PG and has been playing out of position due to Dragic being here, that may solve that problem.

J Rich is not a PG at all. Not even a little bit. We heard this two years ago when people were suggesting stupid premature trades with Dragić before and how TJ and J Rich could be our PGs. No.

Waiters would be a better PG than both, since his handle is much better along with better vision and even he would be a horrible full time starting PG.

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 01:50 PM

I don't think Bam is in the deal. He's the reason you can move Whiteside.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:56 PM
beasted you might be right but we donít know what their plan is. Like I said, surely theyíre not going to leave a huge hole like that.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Bam will be a better player than Draymond and doesnít kick people in the nuts.

Rivera
09-26-2018, 01:59 PM
Pun intended?

damn, I didnt catch that, I should have put HEATing up smh good catch

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 02:00 PM
damn, I didnt catch that, I should have put HEATing up smh good catch

:laugh:

Chronz
09-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Iíll trade every and any young guy the Heat can trade right now to add another star and go all in one this season as well as the future with those stars. If they leave then screw it, time for an actual rebuild. Riley doing all he can to be competitive in Wades last year so he has my respect if he pulls this off!
Lol. Riley don't give a **** about wade. He just knows he's got no future since he gave up picks for Dragic.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Lol. Riley don't give a **** about wade. He just knows he's got no future since he gave up picks for Dragic.

You know better than that brother, the Heat are relevant only because of Wade.

For example:

Shaq wanted Miami because of Wade
LeBron and Bosh came because of Wade
Wade leaves and Spo give ridiculous contracts to JJ-Waiters-etc.
Wade returns and now here comes Jimmy

The rest is to be determined but Riley owes Wade his paychecks for doing his job for him.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 02:18 PM
You know better than that brother, the Heat are relevant only because of Wade.

For example:

Shaq wanted Miami because of Wade
LeBron and Bosh came because of Wade
Wade leaves and Spo give ridiculous contracts to JJ-Waiters-etc.
Wade returns and now here comes Jimmy

The rest is to be determined but Riley owes Wade his paychecks for doing his job for him.

true, but any manager clinging onto a finished star player is making a mistake. Wade shouldn't factor into anything Riley does at this point.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 02:24 PM
true, but any manager clinging onto a finished star player is making a mistake. Wade shouldn't factor into anything Riley does at this point.

Maybe so but he can definitely factor in both Wade and the future here. He could sit on his hands and let Wade retire as well as letting all these contracts expire and start fresh. Instead heís looking to add stars and be competitive now. Just glad heís making moves with Wades last year to be competitive now and in the future

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 02:33 PM

I actually like CJ. If there was a way to get him as our PG and get rid of Teague and Butler and bring in a solid SG, Iíd like that. By solid, I mean a young guy who is a year or Teo from being an all star.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 02:36 PM

Iíd like the Dragon on MN

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 02:37 PM

Exactly

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 02:41 PM
I actually like CJ. If there was a way to get him as our PG and get rid of Teague and Butler and bring in a solid SG, Iíd like that. By solid, I mean a young guy who is a year or Teo from being an all star.

Cj gets paid like a star though. And he has capped off as a player. I really don't have interest in him with that salary.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 03:12 PM
Cj gets paid like a star though. And he has capped off as a player. I really don't have interest in him with that salary.

Yeah was I wasnít factoring in his pay

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Bledsoe/Middleton/Pick for Jimmy/Teague?

Hawkeye15
09-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Yeah was I wasnít factoring in his pay

I was onboard with a McCollum/Butler swap too until I saw that contract. Eeck

IndyRealist
09-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Bledsoe/Middleton/Pick for Jimmy/Teague?

Think MIN wants to dump salary (Dieng) to PHX but they want a PG in return

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 04:08 PM

God bless anyone who has to go against JRich and Jimmy on the perimeter.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Spoelstra is pushing hard for a Jimmy trade, has always loved him.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 05:34 PM

Hopefully this gets done today, tired of checking every few minutes.

Rivera
09-26-2018, 05:38 PM
i love how Houston has no cap, no real assets to trade but somehow they are in the mix for every superstar. im not being sarcastic either, I genuially love that crap. Morey always trying to find a way to be creative and get a superstar to Houston, he really calls in about everyone and I love that!

its like suns, we gave you the PG you liked and help us land Butler type of stuff :laugh:

Htownballa1622
09-26-2018, 06:00 PM
i love how Houston has no cap, no real assets to trade but somehow they are in the mix for every superstar. im not being sarcastic either, I genuially love that crap. Morey always trying to find a way to be creative and get a superstar to Houston, he really calls in about everyone and I love that!

its like suns, we gave you the PG you liked and help us land Butler type of stuff :laugh:

I agree with you except I think Houston has offered the best player that Minnesota is being offered right now in Gordon. Problem is, they're trying to dumb Dieng along with Butler which is why we'd need a 3rd team to ship him to.

Cleary Thibs isn't happy with the returns yet, that's why it's taking so long.

mightybosstone
09-26-2018, 06:02 PM

Hopefully this gets done today, tired of checking every few minutes.

Yeah, to anyone who thinks Morey isn't one of the best GMs in all of sports solely because he doesn't have a ring, they're wrong. The man has won on his gambles way more than he's lost, he's constantly coming up with creative ways to move and acquire assets, and he's almost always in the running when a superstar's name gets brought up as being available.

I still think it's unlikely that Morey finds a way to get Butler to Houston, but I absolutely wouldn't be shocked if he pulled it off. The man is a freaking wizard. If there's a puzzle piece out there that makes a Butler to Houston deal seem palatable for Minnesota, I guarantee you Morey has already found it and is working the hell out of it.

Between Lunhow and Morey in Houston, we're so spoiled by the quality of our city's sports GMs. And it makes the Texans' numerous failures all the more obvious.

valade16
09-26-2018, 06:05 PM
I agree with you except I think Houston has offered the best player that Minnesota is being offered right now in Gordon. Problem is, they're trying to dumb Dieng along with Butler which is why we'd need a 3rd team to ship him to.

If Gordon is the best player the T-Wolves have been offered, Thibs is right in that they should just keep Butler and hope he patches things up lol

mightybosstone
09-26-2018, 06:06 PM

Yeah, I definitely think Dieng's contract is the thing that could get this deal done. If a team can find a third team to take that contract in exchange for smaller contracts and maybe a 1st rounder, I think that could get Minnesota to bite. I'm betting that's the angle Morey is playing, but there just aren't that many teams out there with cap space or the willingness to take on long-term money like that.

mightybosstone
09-26-2018, 06:14 PM
If Gordon is the best player the T-Wolves have been offered, Thibs is right in that they should just keep Butler and hope he patches things up lol

While I tend to agree with you, what should the Wolves be expecting to get for a guy who has one year left on his contract and can go almost anywhere he wants a year from now?

The problem I see for the Wolves is that Butler has enough leverage to say "You can trade for me, but I won't be there a year from now." And even if Butler did give them a list of teams, those teams may not feel obligated to give up anything of value for him now when they could feasibly get him next summer.

They might be able to get better prospects than Gordon, but how many guys are they going to get who are better basketball players today than Gordon, one of the two best 6th men in the league and a perennial 17/3/3 guy? Probably not a lot. And if I'm a team like the Lakers, why would I want to trade a Brandon Ingram type player if: (A) I have no guarantee he's going to stay a year from now, or (B) I feel like I can get him in free agency next summer?

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 06:32 PM
Talk of Eric Gordon being the key return is pretty scary

beasted86
09-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Minnesota is not trading Butler within the conference just to get Eric Gordon back. 🚫 No way.

I think Miami is a long shot, but Houston is a full court heave from under their own basket.

Cal827
09-26-2018, 08:17 PM
I think the game changes a little bit depending on what's going on in Toronto. Reports suggested that Lowry had been ignoring the Coach/GM calls over the off-season after the Derozan Trade, and kept passing over questions concerning his relationship with Masai. Lowry is probably the best current player that they could get (yes he's on the verge of declining but he's still better than whatever Miami could offer at this moment). The Raptors also have Vanvleet/Wright right behind him, and a Lowry/Miles type of deal can take back Butler, AND absorb Dieng's contract too.

My gut says that Miami gets him though, especially if they get a 3rd team to unload contracts (Dieng/Teague), AND get back talent (E.g. Dragic/Whiteside/Richardson) so they can get back into retooling the team around him.

Anyone else still flabbergasted by this scenario in Minnesota? Star wants out, the Owner understands and wants to ship him out (understanding that they might not get a great yield back), but the coach is steadfast on trying to keep him, despite a (possible) personal issue between him and a young star (who is pretty much their future), that can't just pass by. I'm half expecting Thibs to get fired before Butler is actually dealt, cause he might sabotage the team just to have all of his Bulls on the new team.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 08:23 PM

Interesting

Htownballa1622
09-26-2018, 08:38 PM

I mean a return for butler isn't going to be equal and I've seen guys thrown around names like Richardson.

It's not like Jimmy wants to reconcile and he can dip after this year.

Htownballa1622
09-26-2018, 08:40 PM

If you think that's scary, I want to see your reaction when yall get back a poo poo platter of young guys from Miami back in a deal. :shrug:

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 08:52 PM
If you think that's scary, I want to see your reaction when yall get back a poo poo platter of young guys from Miami back in a deal. :shrug:

I mean even just Richardson would be better than Gordon, brings more defense and is younger.

I don't expect much but I do expect more than a 30ish y/o guard who plays no defense (our main problem)

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 08:58 PM
I mean a return for butler isn't going to be equal and I've seen guys thrown around names like Richardson.

It's not like Jimmy wants to reconcile and he can dip after this year.

Richardson is an all nba level defender and a 3 and D guy in one of the best contracts in the league.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Wonít be posting Sheridan anymore, dude is a clown.

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 09:01 PM
Richardson is an all nba level defender and a 3 and D guy in one of the best contracts in the league.

I haven't watched/seen enough to go that far but I would prefer him over Gordon for sure. I am not that excited about a deal with the heat tbh but I knew going in the value would be low

Chronz
09-26-2018, 09:24 PM
I haven't watched/seen enough to go that far but I would prefer him over Gordon for sure. I am not that excited about a deal with the heat tbh but I knew going in the value would be low

You'll love him. It puts everyone back in their preferred role while mitigating the loss defensively. Add whiteside and I think you guys are actually near equal value.

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 09:32 PM
You'll love him. It puts everyone back in their preferred role while mitigating the loss defensively. Add whiteside and I think you guys are actually near equal value.

I do like his skill set/fit for sure, just not sure about the all defensive thing.

Richardson/Whiteside sounds like a pretty good deal for us given our lack of leverage. I am not big on whiteside tbh but still.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 09:37 PM

😂 no kiddin

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 10:16 PM
I do like his skill set/fit for sure, just not sure about the all defensive thing.

Richardson/Whiteside sounds like a pretty good deal for us given our lack of leverage. I am not big on whiteside tbh but still.

He was snubbed of all defense this year to say the least.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Wonít be posting Sheridan anymore, dude is a clown.

😂

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 10:31 PM

I tend to agree

IKnowHoops
09-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Iím not that big on Whiteside either, but I know in the right situation he can do good things. Iíd def love to give him a try next to KAT

R. Johnson#3
09-26-2018, 10:42 PM

Hassan Whiteside is trash on defence. Yeah he can still block shots (not at the same level anymore) but that's about all he can do. He gives up so easily on the defensive end. There's no motivation for him. He just wants blocks and that's it.

If he could ever get his head straight and play legit defence then he'd be a top 5 C in the league. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 11:39 PM
Hassan Whiteside is trash on defence. Yeah he can still block shots (not at the same level anymore) but that's about all he can do. He gives up so easily on the defensive end. There's no motivation for him. He just wants blocks and that's it.

If he could ever get his head straight and play legit defence then he'd be a top 5 C in the league. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Pretty sure he was talking about Richardson there not whiteside

mngopher35
09-26-2018, 11:44 PM
Iím not that big on Whiteside either, but I know in the right situation he can do good things. Iíd def love to give him a try next to KAT

I don't expect much out of him tbh but there is a little excitement that maybe it could click/work cause he has some talent I can agree to that. Worth a shot

FlashBolt
09-26-2018, 11:49 PM

Maybe in the old days to the early 00's but unless you have Gobert-type rim protection, the days of being a shotblocker and manning the paint equating elite defense is gone. You need to be able to fight through switches, guard the perimeter, get past screens, etc., and Whiteside isn't elite at any of that.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:53 PM

Talking Jrich in my post brother. But yea the onky thing holding Whiteside back is him not giving a ****. Heís busted his *** this offseason so weíll see.

WaDe03
09-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Maybe in the old days to the early 00's but unless you have Gobert-type rim protection, the days of being a shotblocker and manning the paint equating elite defense is gone. You need to be able to fight through switches, guard the perimeter, get past screens, etc., and Whiteside isn't elite at any of that.

JRich brother.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2018, 06:41 AM
Suns want Teague if Wolves end up with Dragic. Suns also have interests in Wolves Jones.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2018, 08:01 AM
Sounds like Nets not interested in trading for disgruntled Butler. Knicks already said before they wont give up any assets for a guy they can sign following summer. So thats two teams out. So its Heat or Clippers or a mystery team like Raptors,Bucks,76ers.

mightybosstone
09-27-2018, 08:14 AM
The longer this thing draws out, the more I like Morey's chances. You give that man enough time, and he'll build you a trade offer just good enough to beat everyone else in the league. Still a long shot, but the possibility is slowly rising.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2018, 08:17 AM
Whats the Rockets offer? Gordon and a pick? Does any scenario include Rockets taking Dieng as well?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2018, 08:24 AM
Never mind. If Dieng is forced into the trade Rockets cant pull the trade off. They need to send a pick to Kings to eat Dieng. Figure Rockets cant have both Butler and Dieng. Since salary don't line up. Also to many guys freshly signed. Cant trade Capela yet. Even though doubt Morey plans on trading him. So more less Gordon,Tucker and two first round picks or so for Butler? Dieng routed to Kings. Not sure if you get anything back maybe Koufos? Morey wanted Koufos last couple trade deadlines. Or even ZBO?

IndyRealist
09-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Rockets lack tradeable salary because they moved Anderson.

Driven
09-27-2018, 08:46 AM
Never mind. If Dieng is forced into the trade Rockets cant pull the trade off. They need to send a pick to Kings to eat Dieng. Figure Rockets cant have both Butler and Dieng. Since salary don't line up. Also to many guys freshly signed. Cant trade Capela yet. Even though doubt Morey plans on trading him. So more less Gordon,Tucker and two first round picks or so for Butler? Dieng routed to Kings. Not sure if you get anything back maybe Koufos? Morey wanted Koufos last couple trade deadlines. Or even ZBO?

I'd be surprised if they can do a deal without Tucker, but all signs seem to point to Tucker not being involved in any deal.

Gordon is clearly not enough to get a deal done. Not sure what they have up their sleeve. I think they can trade both Chriss and Knight, but they can't be traded as part of a package deal. Has to be straight up.