PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy requests a Trade

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 03:18 PM
mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn we are really reaching to try to make a point to make SJax look bad because of how he decided to type on his twitter :laugh:

SJax already made himself look bad, people are simply explaining why he looked bad.

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:20 PM
interesting how his teams going back to Spain always plays better with him on the floor, and how his teammates always play better with him on the floor. he must be doing something right.

When your team, and roster, always plays better with player A on the floor, that player belongs on the floor major minutes. Kinda how it works.

Thatís just not true. If I play all my mins with MJ and someone else always plays when he takes a rest what do you think the result would be? Same if your back up is trash. He has never produced as a key player and his teams often did not meet expectations when he was asked to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:25 PM
we won 47 games with the addition of a top 10 NBA player haha. it has literally nothing to do with Teague.

The Jazz just won 48 games with Rubio as their PG.

I never said you couldnít win any games with Rubio you said that about Teague

valade16
09-21-2018, 03:26 PM
I think Rubio winning 48 games with the Jazz is more impressive than Teague winning 47 games with the Wolves. I think most expected the Wolves to win more than they did and most expected the Jazz to win less than they did.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Despite what people want to believe, your social media usage affects your ability to move along in life outside of social media. You are judged and viewed on social media. If someone wanted to hire you for a sales job, and they saw tweets that were written like Jackson's, then that probably keeps him from getting the job.

The person you hire, is the same outside of work as they are inside eventually. That's why you look for how they behave outside of work.

you guys are trying to be like dad and say look son, the world doesn't always take the time to get to know you. first impressions, social media, it all counts to how you are perceived. i think IndyRealist is just advocating for a world where people don't make such superficial judgements, or perhaps reminding us of just how superficial our judgements can be. i appreciate what he is saying because there is no shortage of people who will remind us of what you are saying - and not enough people taking the time to think about what he is saying.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 03:29 PM
wait, now where comparing how people type on twitter vs how they would type on a resume :laugh:

man people are reaaaacchhiinngggggggggggggggggggg

look at wade03. before his turn to the positive side, a lot of people thought he wasnt the most intelligent poster because of his takes, not using advance stats much but come to find out, dude works in the finance world (sorry wade03 I forgot the profession you told me you were in and I may have even said the world you work in was wrong :laugh2: )

i know directors in the education world I currently work with, if you hear them talk or act outside of work, you would never realize they are directors in the education industry

but comparing how someone types on twitter and thinking they will type the same on a resume

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn we are really reaching to try to make a point to make SJax look bad because of how he decided to type on his twitter :laugh:

bad example. finding out he works in finance doesn't make people forget. :)

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Thatís just not true. If I play all my mins with MJ and someone else always plays when he takes a rest what do you think the result would be? He has never produced as a key player and his teams often did not meet expectations when he was asked to.

Rubio didn't play with MJ. He played with rosters and coaches flipped over and over again.

I get it, you don't recognize his value. You are also a Kyrie lover, we clearly see and read the game differently. Rubio was overrated to begin with, and has become very underrated as a vet. Is what it is. But we would have been better with Rubio this year than Teague, I can guarantee you that.

Please don't point to Atlanta as validation for Teague. That team had a lot of vets peaking at once, and overachieved big time. He rode the win total to a Wally Szczerbiak type all star nod.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:31 PM
you guys are trying to be like dad and say look son, the world doesn't always take the time to get to know you. first impressions, social media, it all counts to how you are perceived. i think IndyRealist is just advocating for a world where people don't make such superficial judgements, or perhaps reminding us of just how superficial our judgements can be. i appreciate what he is saying because there is no shortage of people who will remind us of what you are saying - and not enough people taking the time to think about what he is saying.

humans judge. Won't ever change. Ever. At which point a person chooses to judge is subjective, but ultimately, they judge. Knowing that, maybe try not looking like you are in 2nd grade when you fire off a tweet is the point. That being said, our President has grammatical errors on twitter, so perhaps that is an outlet where its very acceptable to abbreviate and mis-spell everything.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 03:33 PM
SJax already made himself look bad, people are simply explaining why he looked bad.

when your comparing twitter to resumes, your reaching. plain and simple. just because someone doesnt type complete sentences on twitter doesnt make them "look bad" many people laughed at what he said and clowned wiggins, those people dont post on PSD

doesnt make them any less intelligent

you right :laugh2: i completley forgot what he does for a living and I didnt want to be incorrect so i put a qualifier :laugh2: , #therivergetstoodamnhigh (throwback wrestling forum hashtag)

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:33 PM
I think Rubio winning 48 games with the Jazz is more impressive than Teague winning 47 games with the Wolves. I think most expected the Wolves to win more than they did and most expected the Jazz to win less than they did.

great coaching versus crappy coaching. Coaches who make adjustments to their players strenghts and weaknesses go further than those who continually try and jam round pegs into square holes.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 03:36 PM
i still find it funny that people will judge ppl who posts like dis and act like dey type like dis 24/7 even at work or on a "resume" like :laugh:

i get that it annoys you, i get that you dont like it because its simple to post complete words and use proper grammar but to judge them off that says more about you the person than about them. you could have easily passed it by and paid no attention to it but you needed some satisfaction to make fun or correct the way how someone types on twitter "because they look bad not posting complete sentences" ON TWITTER :laugh:

Scoots
09-21-2018, 03:39 PM
I don't think it's too much to ask people to speak coherently and clearly, and to write messages and spell correctly.

It just makes the person who doesn't take the time to spell correctly or have sentence structure look really dumb. It's not that you have to do it. You just make yourself look stupid, and the message that lies within those misspelling ramblings less necessary for the reader to care about or take seriously.

So, you are for english as a mandatory national language for citizenship?

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:40 PM
i still find it funny that people will judge ppl who posts like dis and act like dey type like dis 24/7 even at work or on a "resume" like :laugh:

i get that it annoys you, i get that you dont like it because its simple to post complete words and use proper grammar but to judge them off that says more about you the person than about them. you could have easily passed it by and paid no attention to it but you needed some satisfaction to make fun or correct the way how someone types on twitter "because they look bad not posting complete sentences" :laugh:

I won't judge someone for posting incoherent sentences, but I would personally be embarrassed sending out something like that.

mngopher35
09-21-2018, 03:51 PM

Add in how bad we were without Butler last year and how Tyus looked about as good as teague many times I think we can realize Teague wasn't very influential at all in the actual winning aspect.

Rubio is definitely better.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 03:53 PM
So, you are for english as a mandatory national language for citizenship?

No, nice strawman though, that's a completely different topic, I don't believe that, and I never indicated as such anywhere. That was completely off topic.

Whatever your native language, at least use it correctly so that your audience can understand you.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 03:55 PM

i get that it annoys you, i get that you dont like it because its simple to post complete words and use proper grammar but to judge them off that says more about you the person than about them. you could have easily passed it by and paid no attention to it but you needed some satisfaction to make fun or correct the way how someone types on twitter "because they look bad not posting complete sentences" ON TWITTER :laugh:

I think the opposite, I think it says every thing about the person posting.

It's okay if we disagree. I just think incredibly lowly of the people that do that stuff and never take them or their arguments seriously at all.

I also think the same way about people that look to pick fights lol.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:00 PM
I won't judge someone for posting incoherent sentences, but I would personally be embarrassed sending out something like that.

understandable, but you're not SJAX. Do you think he really cares how he typed on twitter? I have a feeling he can give 2 Fs

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:00 PM

It's okay if we disagree. I just think incredibly lowly of the people that do that stuff and never take them or their arguments seriously at all.

thats you then, you like to judge a book by its cover and thats fine, your going to miss out on interacting with really good people or hearing some inspirational stories cuz dey type like dis on twitter

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:06 PM
understandable, but you're not SJAX. Do you think he really cares how he typed on twitter? I have a feeling he can give 2 Fs

my first post regarding this subject was something like, "Jax made $70 million and counting" haha.

Nah, he don't care what I think. Nor should he. If I had enough to live on for 3 lifetimes at age 35, I would do whatever the hell I wanted to.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:18 PM
wait, now where comparing how people type on twitter vs how they would type on a resume :laugh:

man people are reaaaacchhiinngggggggggggggggggggg

look at wade03. before his turn to the positive side, a lot of people thought he wasnt the most intelligent poster because of his takes, not using advance stats much but come to find out, dude works in the finance world (sorry wade03 I forgot the profession you told me you were in and I may have even said the world you work in was wrong :laugh2: )

i know directors in the education world I currently work with, if you hear them talk or act outside of work, you would never realize they are directors in the education industry

but comparing how someone types on twitter and thinking they will type the same on a resume

Lmao! I was an accountant for a couple years and now Iím an investor, mainly in real estate!

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:20 PM

I need you to answer my question in the rich/poor man thread. Please!

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:22 PM
Lmao! I was an accountant for a couple years and now Iím an investor, mainly in real estate!

but you dont use numbers when you argue sports, so you must not use numbers in the real world! :laugh2:

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:22 PM
Started a thread for you guys. Fellow mods, please move all discussion to that thread and continue there.

Thank you and god bless!!!

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:23 PM
but you dont use numbers when you argue sports, so you must not use numbers in the real world! :laugh2:

Haha I use them here and there but Iíll be damned if I made all my points/picks using just numbers. People who do that drive me crazy because itís so much more to it than just that.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:29 PM

investing in Miami?

SteBO
09-21-2018, 04:31 PM
I understand fully what SJax was saying, and that's all that really matters to me. Andrew Wiggins doesn't want those problems.

That said, I concur with the macro viewpoint that Jeffy and Hawkeye have outlined, as my law firm has denied countless attorneys who've either posted stupid **** on social media, or don't type coherent sentences. Is it fair? No. Is it short sighted? Sort of, yes. But is it the reality of the world? Hell yes.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:31 PM
investing in Miami?

No not yet but I would like to get some rental property there some time.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:34 PM

eh, maybe move up the hill to Tampa or Jacksonville. Miami is pretty weak concerning real estate investment.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:34 PM

Would assume a deal will be done by then but you never know. I originally thought by Monday at the latest but now Iím not sure.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:35 PM

all im saying is Tampa is a growing community, you could invest in Tampa and get your money back in real estate in a year. Ive only been here 2 years, a 2 bed room apartment cost just barely over 900. Now you cant get them for less than a G and its going up.

Theres so many different parts and good locations you could get rental properties in Tampa, I just dont have the money like that to put down LOL

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:35 PM
I understand fully what SJax was saying, and that's all that really matters to me. Andrew Wiggins doesn't want those problems.

That said. I concur with the macro viewpoint that Jeffy and Hawkeye have outlined, as my law firm has denied countless attorneys who've either posted stupid **** on social media, or don't type coherent sentences. Is it fair? No. Is it short sighted? Sort of, yes. But is it the reality of the world? Hell yes.

yep. Look, what we do in our spare time shouldn't matter, as long as it's legal or whatever. But anyone who doesn't understand whatever they put out there on a public outlet or forum, is there for everyone to read and judge, isn't getting it. Now, in Jax's case, why would he care? He is set for life.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:36 PM
eh, maybe move up the hill to Tampa or Jacksonville. Miami is pretty weak concerning real estate investment.

i literally just posted this :laugh: Jacksonville is a good one too!

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 04:36 PM
all im saying is Tampa is a growing community, you could invest in Tampa and get your money back in real estate in a year. Ive only been here 2 years, a 2 bed room apartment cost just barely over 900. Now you cant get them for less than a G and its going up.

Theres so many different parts and good locations you could get rental properties in Tampa, I just dont have the money like that to put down LOL

Tampa is rated a top 20 real estate investment city right now. Miami is bottom 20. You are wise to be doing what you are doing.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:37 PM

Yea Iíve looked here and there but havenít found anything I wanted to jump on yet. Having a condo and renting it out can be a big win. One of the places I like in Florida is the Destin/Pensacola/Panama area. Perfect vacation spots that youíre pretty much guaranteed to have tenants majority of the time if not all the time due to a lot of the old folk going and spending their winters there.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Tampa is rated a top 20 real estate investment city right now. Miami is bottom 20. You are wise to be doing what you are doing.

i wish i was doing something real estate related :( I just dont have the capital and I have to rent unfortunately. I have applied at different real estate agencies to see if I can change my career field

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:40 PM

I actually have a friend who just moved to Tampa but I havenít looked there much.

My go to investments right now are 4-plexs, bought a few at auctions for really cheap. Pay about $600 for mortgage/insurance and rent them out for $500-$600 a piece.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:41 PM

Did not know this about Tampa, Iíll have to look into it.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Yea Iíve looked here and there but havenít found anything I wanted to jump on yet. Having a condo and renting it out can be a big win. One of the places I like in Florida is the Destin/Pensacola/Panama area. Perfect vacation spots that youíre pretty much guaranteed to have tenants majority of the time if not all the time due to a lot of the old folk going and spending their winters there.

depends on what you want, you seem to be talking about beach/vacation homes to rent to different tenants vs investing in a complex/condo in a good community that tenants already live in or flock too

i can easily give you a tour an idea of different places in Tampa thats solid and leave the rest up to you

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:47 PM
i wish i was doing something real estate related :( I just dont have the capital and I have to rent unfortunately. I have applied at different real estate agencies to see if I can change my career field

Theres a lot of different ways to get going, a lot of different rules and you actually can get started with no money at all.

When I started I read the rich Dad poor Dad 3 book series, bigger pockets: investing in real estate with no and low money down, set for life, and a couple more. Started because I had a couple family members doing it and now that Iím actually doing it I canít believe more people donít but I think people just worry too much.

I started by flipping a few houses and then buying my rental property. Get on Zillow and just look around your area and youíll see foreclosures, great deals, auctions, etc you just have to look hard and often.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:49 PM
depends on what you want, you seem to be talking about beach/vacation homes to rent to different tenants vs investing in a complex/condo in a good community that tenants already live in or flock too

i can easily give you a tour an idea of different places in Tampa thats solid and leave the rest up to you

Haha sounds like I need to come to Tampa some time then! Yes I was thinking more of vacation, I would like to keep the properties people live in closer to me but Iím always open to whatever if the deal is right

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 04:52 PM

The Wiggins bros need to simmer.

ewing
09-21-2018, 06:28 PM
great coaching versus crappy coaching. Coaches who make adjustments to their players strenghts and weaknesses go further than those who continually try and jam round pegs into square holes.

If Rubio can shoot well enough to be a 3 and D secondary ball handling wing he can definitely be valuable. It seems that is the direction it was going in Utah

valade16
09-21-2018, 06:32 PM

I have a feeling those were his grades in English class as well.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 06:41 PM
BS. I was ditching school to go to the library cuz my mom wouldn't let me read fiction

ď My Captain my captainĒ😂

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 06:59 PM
Do you have to trade him right now? Canít you wait a little and try to work things out in the mean time?

He banged Towns girl. They hate each other. His time has come to an end

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Prime Rondo is easily better than any version of Rubio weíve seen.

Like way way better. I think I saw him drop a 40 pt triple double against the Heat

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 07:03 PM
No you don't. In fact I wouldn't trade him right now in order to try to extract more value since they have about as little leverage as possible just after his demand.

He's not a great passer? He's also a very good defender, I don't know if you want to call him great or not, but there are very few better ones at the PG position.

The problem with Rubio is he has a one weakness that is so debilitating it makes it easy to game plan against him. Whether he's good or not though, he's better than Teague.

Iíd probably take Prime White Chocolate

Chronz
09-21-2018, 07:28 PM
It makes her appear dumb, and prevents anyone from taking her seriously or wanting to work with her.

Whether she understands astro-physics or not.

Didn't that ***** lose her job tho

Stunner
09-21-2018, 07:29 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043278308027367425?s=21

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 07:40 PM
Like way way better. I think I saw him drop a 40 pt triple double against the Heat

Yea in the playoffs it was a ridiculous triple double too

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Solid role players are great to have donít get me wrong but theyíre so overrated as players today.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:00 PM

Disagree. Talking with heavy slang can mean nothing. Iím sure Kobe and Bron have spewed that same level talkin ish on the court. Your over thinking this one.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:02 PM

Prob adds to his brand at this point. He is who he is. You want Sjac for this. Espn ate it up

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 09:25 PM
I actually have a friend who just moved to Tampa but I havenít looked there much.

My go to investments right now are 4-plexs, bought a few at auctions for really cheap. Pay about $600 for mortgage/insurance and rent them out for $500-$600 a piece.

Nice

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 09:49 PM
I have a feeling those were his grades in English class as well.

lmao

Cal827
09-21-2018, 10:49 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043278308027367425?s=21

:laugh2: Oh boy.... I'm sorry T'wolves fans

Saddletramp
09-22-2018, 12:36 AM
ď My Captain my captainĒ😂

This made me legit lol.

investing in Miami?

Iíd invest $100 that heís full of ****.

More-Than-Most
09-22-2018, 01:26 AM
[ESPN] Motion-tracking cameras recorded Wiggins ďrunning fastĒ during only 4.8% of his time on the floor, one of the 10 lowest such figures in the league, per Second Spectrum. Almost everyone in his slowpoke vicinity is a plodding 7-footer.

I mean wouldnt you be pissed if you were butler or a wolves fan.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 01:43 AM
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/jimmy-butler-trades-works-sides/story?id=57942725

If the Bucks will offer Middleton in return, the Wolves would get back the best they can have out of the market as to replace for Butler.

GREATNESS ONE
09-22-2018, 02:10 AM
Life was good without Buckanuslis

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2018, 08:20 AM
I would of preferred to try and keep Middleton,Giannis,Bledsoe and try and get Butler with young pieces and picks. But Thibs wants win now pieces. Will be hard for Wolves to recoup Markkanen,Dunn,Lavine package though. I still prefer Brogdon,Maker,Wilson,Zeller,DDV,Snell for Butler.

Bledsoe, Butler, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez isn't to shabby for the east.

Or all or nothing of Bledsoe, Brogdon, Snell for Butler and bad contract of Teague. Bud knows Teague. Thibs knows Snell. But like all mentioned Thibs probably wants Middleton and something extra.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 09:00 AM
I would of preferred to try and keep Middleton,Giannis,Bledsoe and try and get Butler with young pieces and picks. But Thibs wants win now pieces. Will be hard for Wolves to recoup Markkanen,Dunn,Lavine package though. I still prefer Brogdon,Maker,Wilson,Zeller,DDV,Snell for Butler.

Bledsoe, Butler, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez isn't to shabby for the east.

Or all or nothing of Bledsoe, Brogdon, Snell for Butler and bad contract of Teague. Bud knows Teague. Thibs knows Snell. But like all mentioned Thibs probably wants Middleton and something extra.

They won't trade with the Bucks unless if it is Middleton included... and then, they won't trade with another NBA team if Middleton is offered to them...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Wolves owner Taylor said Butler is on the block. Also sounds like they hope to include Dieng in the Butler trade. Dieng has 3 years of...
Gorgui Dieng $15,170,787 $16,229,213 $17,287,640
Jimmy Butler $20,445,779 $19,841,627 P.O.

Bad enough Butler wants to be traded so down grades his value some what. Then forcing Dieng in the deal makes it worse.

Cal827
09-22-2018, 09:40 AM
I think the Bucks have a good thing going, they just need some of their young guys to develop from within and/or change their offense a little bit (less Giannis focus, more team game). I think they could definitely be near the top of the East next year, and quite possibly this year.

Butler is an egotistical team cancer as we saw with his end in Chicago and Minnesota; adding him to the team might have a catastrophic effect on the young guys there, as well as the Bucks relationship with Giannis. I'm sorry; I understand that he thinks that Minnesota's young guys could work harder.. but as a veteran, he should've spoken with them during the off-season, not (allegedly) go and **** one of their Girlfriends.

I think the Bucks would be better off resigning Middleton. He's so overrated in this league, he gives you 20-4-5 on decent shooting splits (though his 3 was a little down from previous season) as well as good defense. He's also quiet, and content with being the 1b or the 2nd option on the Bucks (at least from what we've seen). What happens if Butler wants to be the primary ball handler over Giannis and gets rejected?

He's the type of guy who you would add if you were going for it all this upcoming year cause you know he could internally damage your team to the extent where you need to rebuild depending on your roster, and that he's likely not resigning there either (I don't mean that as a slight to Milwaukee, but just like Kawhi here, they have their eyes set on another team). Or (in other cases), if the team is essentially getting blown up and the focus is on him.

Cal827
09-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Wolves owner Taylor said Butler is on the block. Also sounds like they hope to include Dieng in the Butler trade. Dieng has 3 years of...
Jimmy Butler $20,445,779 $19,841,627 P.O.

Bad enough Butler wants to be traded so down grades his value some what. Then forcing Dieng in the deal makes it worse.

Side note, it's weird to see a P.O for a guy with Butler's talent be less than his previous season contract.

Hmm... Maybe to Cleveland for some of their bigger contracts and a first (top 8 protected) this season? I mean Love and Butler will probably get them to the playoffs, but he'll probably be packing his bags after. and as you said, Dieng further buries his value.

I mean, I love Demar Derozan and I absolutely hate how they went about dealing him (the alleged lying about him on the trade block), but the fact that the Raptors were able to get Kawhi (and Green) for him, Poetl and a heavily protected first round pick was robbery. Kawhi has a fair bit more value than Butler, and Green has more value than Dieng. So I don't think Minnesota will get anything really good back. If a team offers a pick with even a chance of being top 12, they should jump on it.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Side note, it's weird to see a P.O for a guy with Butler's talent be less than his previous season contract.

Hmm... Maybe to Cleveland for some of their bigger contracts and a first (top 8 protected) this season? I mean Love and Butler will probably get them to the playoffs, but he'll probably be packing his bags after. and as you said, Dieng further buries his value.

I mean, I love Demar Derozan and I absolutely hate how they went about dealing him (the alleged lying about him on the trade block), but the fact that the Raptors were able to get Kawhi (and Green) for him, Poetl and a heavily protected first round pick was robbery. Kawhi has a fair bit more value than Butler, and Green has more value than Dieng. So I don't think Minnesota will get anything really good back. If a team offers a pick with even a chance of being top 12, they should jump on it.

Butler is a rental in trades, next (19-20) off season is a different story... The only chance that the Wolves have as to take back his worth via a trade, is to deal with a team that has another expiring contract and could replace most of what Butler does for the Wolves....

There is only one player in the league that fulfills all the above criteria and his name is Middleton who the Bucks have (for now)... Therefore a Middleton + Snell for Butler trade proposal, should make both teams happy...

Never the less, Bucks are the clear favorite as to acquire Butler, because they have Middleton...

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Happy? Nah

Thib's came in and gutted a young roster and signed a bunch of ex-Bulls. it got us to the playoffs, which is great. It is. But he killed out long term potential to win now. He brought in a player that has no interest in being there. So what do you suggest we do? Keep him and try and convince him to stay?

Tell me, are the Wolves in a better spot today than they were 2 years ago?

you were never winning with the guys that were there before jimmy.

Wolves are and always will be garbage until taylor is gone. If you trade Butler for youth you won't see a winning season again for 5-6 years minimum

they might as well contract the wolves...

hugepatsfan
09-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Celtics should offer Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, salary filler and picks. Probably wonít be able to re-sign him after the year but even for a rental itíd be worth it for a finals push. If they donít get great offers maybe they could get it done. Didnít hurt to ask.

hugepatsfan
09-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Butler is a rental in trades, next (19-20) off season is a different story... The only chance that the Wolves have as to take back his worth via a trade, is to deal with a team that has another expiring contract and could replace most of what Butler does for the Wolves....

There is only one player in the league that fulfills all the above criteria and his name is Middleton who the Bucks have (for now)... Therefore a Middleton + Snell for Butler trade proposal, should make both teams happy...

Never the less, Bucks are the clear favorite as to acquire Butler, because they have Middleton...

Honestly wouldnít trade Middleton for Butler. The things Middleton does better are more valuable next to Giannis than what Butler is better at. Would be a move just to make a move IMO.

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 10:29 AM
I am happy that instead of holding him until he walks next year then maybe giving thibs more time since he made playoffs year before with jimmy etc. we can hopefully be rid of the biggest issue for our organization over the past couple years: Thibs

His coaching was poor (didn't even improve a young core from Sam Mitchell coaching), his decision making was completely short term and not well thought out for current NBA, all in on assets approach wasn't that effective anyways, constantly sticking with only his way (rotations, system, players all the way through he doesn't adapt to anything). So much more but the point is I am happy we might actually have a chance at getting someone else in charge for sure.

delusion is a mother ****er

buckalis
09-22-2018, 10:39 AM
I think the Bucks have a good thing going, they just need some of their young guys to develop from within and/or change their offense a little bit (less Giannis focus, more team game). I think they could definitely be near the top of the East next year, and quite possibly this year.

Butler is an egotistical team cancer as we saw with his end in Chicago and Minnesota; adding him to the team might have a catastrophic effect on the young guys there, as well as the Bucks relationship with Giannis. I'm sorry; I understand that he thinks that Minnesota's young guys could work harder.. but as a veteran, he should've spoken with them during the off-season, not (allegedly) go and **** one of their Girlfriends.

I think the Bucks would be better off resigning Middleton. He's so overrated in this league, he gives you 20-4-5 on decent shooting splits (though his 3 was a little down from previous season) as well as good defense. He's also quiet, and content with being the 1b or the 2nd option on the Bucks (at least from what we've seen). What happens if Butler wants to be the primary ball handler over Giannis and gets rejected?

He's the type of guy who you would add if you were going for it all this upcoming year cause you know he could internally damage your team to the extent where you need to rebuild depending on your roster, and that he's likely not resigning there either (I don't mean that as a slight to Milwaukee, but just like Kawhi here, they have their eyes set on another team). Or (in other cases), if the team is essentially getting blown up and the focus is on him.

There is a great thing with the Bucks and some good things in addition... but there are several things that are questionable...

The great thing is Giannis... The Bucks not only have a top-5 player in him, but additionally, him having some AD, some Lebron and some Curry and a lot of KD in his game (the other 4 of top-5), allows the Bucks not to need another or two top-10 players as to compete, but top-30 as to surround Giannis will do just the same...

The good things are Malcom Brogdon (the only player in the roster that can pick and roll the ball with Giannis), Sterling Brown and ...that's it!

The questionable things are several though... A primary one is that the Bucks have no forward to play at SF at the opposite side of Giannis after Jabari left and the FO has done nothing as to replace for Jabari... that means the Bucks can only play "3-guards on the floor" with no alternative, using Middleton or Snell for (instead of) "SF"...
Butler could correct much of this as he is much more of "forward capable" when playing SF than the rest of the Bucks roster...

I won't continue with more of the shortcomings, as this can be very lengthy... but I will want to add this... Butler "fooked" KAT's girlfriend... right? He didn't rape her or forced her... right? ...she wanted to be with him, right?

So what all that has to do with anything?

Bucks have an amazing locker room relationship and it will stay like this as long as Giannis (who created it) is there.... Butler better get used into having ice buckets if he is to join... it will ease his mojo too...

warfelg
Celtics should offer Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, salary filler and picks. Probably wonít be able to re-sign him after the year but even for a rental itíd be worth it for a finals push. If they donít get great offers maybe they could get it done. Didnít hurt to ask.

I think that would actually be really smart as Kyrie and Jimmy do want to play together. Maybe they can be pitched on 'You're both here, the supporting cast is set, it's now a matter of growing."

I think if he does go to LAC, NYK, BN; Ainge might want to start exploring a Kyrie trade. I got a gut feeling that Kyrie would be REALLY interested in leaving if Jimmy is somewhere with another max slot.

Vinylman
Cause you just won 47 games with significant injury issues, Bc Karl Towns is 22, bc Jimmy Butler is a legit star, bc you can still trade him later. Try to keep it together if you can and tell Karl Towns start being a superstar.

yep and more importantly tell KAT to quit being a *****

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Rubio has gone from overrated as a youngster to totally underrated as a vet. Crazy

The dude isn't an all star, but he is easily in the top half of NBA starting PG's, his defense is elite, he rebounds as well as anyone this side of Westy for a PG, and is the best passer the game has seen since Magic. But yep, his scoring is a problem. Sure he has reached a level that doesn't make you puke when it comes to scoring, but it has always stopped him from being an all star level player.

isolated out of a team framework he isn't a top half PG... he is just in the perfect system for him now.

This same sentiment is going to occur this year with Lakers fans pining for Julius randle when he performs well alongside AD...

it has nothing to do with the player but rather the environment

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 10:59 AM
If Jimmy Butler leaves next offseason in FA, they have zero chance at getting better.

And reports have just come out where KAT says that he can't co-exist with Butler.

KAT's position is why they should get the absolute best package they can right now for

KAT

You never want the weak leading your team.

warfelg
09-22-2018, 11:07 AM
Holy misleading thread title batman!

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 11:08 AM
we won 47 games with the addition of a top 10 NBA player haha. it has literally nothing to do with Teague.

The Jazz just won 48 games with Rubio as their PG.

which was 3 less than the prior year

Vinylman
09-22-2018, 11:16 AM

I live in Tampa and invest in real estate Ö it is unbelievably tapped out at this point... the crash is coming... no later than May 2019. I have been unloading residential properties... not acquiring. Bought a 75,000 sq. foot warehouse last month with a long term tenant and 8 years left on the lease... commercial is still ok with a solid tenant and lease but the rest of the market is ready to fall apart.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Holy misleading thread title batman!

Why? Do you know of a team having a better alternative than Middleton as to offer for Butler? ...it will highly surprise me if you do...

warfelg
09-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Why? Do you know of a team having a better alternative than Middleton as to offer for Butler? ...it will highly surprise me if you do...

The article doesn't name a favorite. It names 5 teams that could make sense to trade for Butler even as a rental.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 11:58 AM
The article doesn't name a favorite. It names 5 teams that could make sense to trade for Butler even as a rental.

It also names Middleton as being the optimum alternative as to replace Butler in the Wolves roster... doesn't it?

Cal827
09-22-2018, 12:02 PM
There is a great thing with the Bucks and some good things in addition... but there are several things that are questionable...

The great thing is Giannis... The Bucks not only have a top-5 player in him, but additionally, him having some AD, some Lebron and some Curry and a lot of KD in his game (the other 4 of top-5), allows the Bucks not to need another or two top-10 players as to compete, but top-30 as to surround Giannis will do just the same...

The good things are Malcom Brogdon (the only player in the roster that can pick and roll the ball with Giannis), Sterling Brown and ...that's it!

The questionable things are several though... A primary one is that the Bucks have no forward to play at SF at the opposite side of Giannis after Jabari left and the FO has done nothing as to replace for Jabari... that means the Bucks can only play "3-guards on the floor" with no alternative, using Middleton or Snell for (instead of) "SF"...
Butler could correct much of this as he is much more of "forward capable" when playing SF than the rest of the Bucks roster...

I won't continue with more of the shortcomings, as this can be very lengthy... but I will want to add this... Butler "fooked" KAT's girlfriend... right? He didn't rape her or forced her... right? ...she wanted to be with him, right?

So what all that has to do with anything?

Bucks have an amazing locker room relationship and it will stay like this as long as Giannis (who created it) is there.... Butler better get used into having ice buckets if he is to join... it will ease his mojo too...

I meant that as more of a team morale... I'm sure if it did happen that it was consensual, but that hurts the locker room morale. With veterans like Butler, you'd prefer them to take charge in cases. This isn't only from the Wolves, but how he also left Chicago. Remember the turmoil in that locker room. Instead of quietly discussing the issues, Butler went to the media and put the younger players on blast and split the locker room for guys like him and Wade, against the young guys and Rondo.

Of course it would depend who you guy send back in a trade, but the Bucks have quite a bit of younger players. If his attitude sparks again, it might put Giannis in a spot where he might be put on the spot to choose a side (where he might be alone if Butler is dumb enough to leave that situation the next year). You don't want something that could likely be a one night stand to ruin the foundation that you've created with others.

I just feel you guys should resign Middleton and charge next season. The bucks have multiple large expiring contracts in 2020. The NBA will likely have massive changes after this season as well. For example, If some of these big name free agents leave where they are now (E.g. Kawhi, Irving, Horford, etc), might lead to some teams trying to trade some of their other stars away to start their respective rebuilds. For example, if Leonard leaves, the Raptors will probably try to trade his huge expiring contract, or a better example, the Hornets might decide to move on from Kemba Walker; Maybe the Cavs decide to go full rebuild and trade Love too (though his contract might be a bit of an albatross, he could definitely help your team with shooting). With the expirings you guys have, you could probably acquire another star to put next to Giannis/Middleton..... Walker/Middleton/Giannis or Middleton/Giannis/Love is a pretty solid big three that would likely bring the Bucks further into potential finalists out of the East with Boston and Philly (Maybe Toronto depending on what Leonard does), and eventual Title contenders when the Warriors falter (as of right now, I only see the Celtics having a legitimate shot of taking down the Warriors)

WaDe03
09-22-2018, 12:22 PM
This made me legit lol.

Iíd invest $100 that heís full of ****.

Do you have Venmo? You can just send me the $100 on there if so.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 12:30 PM
I meant that as more of a team morale... I'm sure if it did happen that it was consensual, but that hurts the locker room morale. With veterans like Butler, you'd prefer them to take charge in cases. This isn't only from the Wolves, but how he also left Chicago. Remember the turmoil in that locker room. Instead of quietly discussing the issues, Butler went to the media and put the younger players on blast and split the locker room for guys like him and Wade, against the young guys and Rondo.

It's still a fact that happened with two adults being in mutual agreement, the lady may have thought that being with Jimmy could prospect her future more, or she really felt for him... I find nothing to blame Jimmy on this, women many times act in a complex way that is beyond a man can understand or make a safe conclusion on...

Of course it would depend who you guy send back in a trade, but the Bucks have quite a bit of younger players. If his attitude sparks again, it might put Giannis in a spot where he might be put on the spot to choose a side (where he might be alone if Butler is dumb enough to leave that situation the next year). You don't want something that could likely be a one night stand to ruin the foundation that you've created with others.

I fully agree with you... but if its Middleton the Bucks offer, then its the Bucks that are on top on who they add as to make the trade possible... Wolves don't have an alternative offer that they can value as much as Middleton as to demand for more... it is then either "take Middleton or loose Butler for nothing next offseason", or "take Middleton or lesser than Middleton from other teams"... no other choice...

I just feel you guys should resign Middleton and charge next season. The bucks have multiple large expiring contracts in 2020. The NBA will likely have massive changes after this season as well. For example, If some of these big name free agents leave where they are now (E.g. Kawhi, Irving, Horford, etc), might lead to some teams trying to trade some of their other stars away to start their respective rebuilds. For example, if Leonard leaves, the Raptors will probably try to trade his huge expiring contract, or a better example, the Hornets might decide to move on from Kemba Walker; Maybe the Cavs decide to go full rebuild and trade Love too (though his contract might be a bit of an albatross, he could definitely help your team with shooting). With the expirings you guys have, you could probably acquire another star to put next to Giannis/Middleton..... Walker/Middleton/Giannis or Middleton/Giannis/Love is a pretty solid big three that would likely bring the Bucks further into potential finalists out of the East with Boston and Philly (Maybe Toronto depending on what Leonard does), and eventual Title contenders when the Warriors falter (as of right now, I only see the Celtics having a legitimate shot of taking down the Warriors)

Nope... we shouldn't resign Middleton (MO), we should sign two top-30 players (Butler & Irving?) next to Giannis, create the cap space needed by trading Delly, Henson & Snell (the later only because he has a "big" -but not bad- contract), sign a good (top-50) forward (Mirotic?) and aim for the title... With Giannis in the roster, you can't have "low level" targets...

Stunner
09-22-2018, 12:34 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1043538659411206145?s=21

mngopher35
09-22-2018, 01:14 PM
delusion is a mother ****er

You mean thibs has been? I dunno what it is but he has been quite poor as a coach and his GM moves haven't panned out. Ill gladly defend what I was saying if you actually had a rebuttal.

KAT's position is why they should get the absolute best package they can right now for

KAT

You never want the weak leading your team.

oh, yourself?

warfelg
09-22-2018, 01:15 PM
It also names Middleton as being the optimum alternative as to replace Butler in the Wolves roster... doesn't it?

I don't see why you are having such a hard time comprehending.

Cal827
09-22-2018, 01:25 PM
It's still a fact that happened with two adults being in mutual agreement, the lady may have thought that being with Jimmy could prospect her future more, or she really felt for him... I find nothing to blame Jimmy on this, women many times act in a complex way that is beyond a man can understand or make a safe conclusion on...

I fully agree with you... but if its Middleton the Bucks offer, then its the Bucks that are on top on who they add as to make the trade possible... Wolves don't have an alternative offer that they can value as much as Middleton as to demand for more... it is then either "take Middleton or loose Butler for nothing next offseason", or "take Middleton or lesser than Middleton from other teams"... no other choice...

Nope... we shouldn't resign Middleton (MO), we should sign two top-30 players (Butler & Irving?) next to Giannis, create the cap space needed by trading Delly, Henson & Snell (the later only because he has a "big" -but not bad- contract), sign a good (top-50) forward (Mirotic?) and aim for the title... With Giannis in the roster, you can't have "low level" targets...

Fair enough, a couple more inquiries:

1st. I understand aiming for the skies during FA, but do you guys think you'd be able to get Irving? I mean, (again it's speculation), but one of the main reasons people feel that Irving could potentially leave Boston, is that he's another cog in the machine rather than the main piece ( I mean, he's been rumored to join teams without a clear #1 guy there like the Knicks and Nets). He probably would've gotten them over Cleveland, but the Celtics were a game away from the finals (rather, a Lebron James Half) without him playing. To me, it's a little ironic because some people are essentially saying that the Celtics would be in a much better situation over possibly resigning him if Boston had lost to the Bucks :laugh2: Do you think he'd be able to function again as the 1b, as he was with Cleveland, or do you think that Giannis would be able to distribute the offense evenly?

2nd... I do agree with you, seeing the situation, if I was Minnesota, and the Bucks offered Middleton, and were able to absorb the contract of Dieng, I would jump on it (then try to shop Wiggins), as that's probably the best player that they could get back, they now have a clear #1, #2a, #2b set with Towns, Middleton/Wiggins, and would still likely be a team that could get into the playoffs (as well as cap relief). If Minnesota wanted more than just maybe an expiring, do you walk, or are willing to add?

GREATNESS ONE
09-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Trade Giannis for Butler

hugepatsfan
09-22-2018, 01:59 PM
I think that would actually be really smart as Kyrie and Jimmy do want to play together. Maybe they can be pitched on 'You're both here, the supporting cast is set, it's now a matter of growing."

I think if he does go to LAC, NYK, BN; Ainge might want to start exploring a Kyrie trade. I got a gut feeling that Kyrie would be REALLY interested in leaving if Jimmy is somewhere with another max slot.

Kyrie said yesterday that he and Butler havenít spoke about playing together and havenít talked at all since 2016. He said heís looking forward to building in Boston the next couple of years and asked who wouldnít want to play with Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford while also sayin he thinks they can beat GS.

Itíd be very silly to move a top 20 player when thereís no real indication he wants to leave at all.

buckalis
09-22-2018, 02:02 PM
Fair enough, a couple more inquiries:

1st. I understand aiming for the skies during FA, but do you guys think you'd be able to get Irving? I mean, (again it's speculation), but one of the main reasons people feel that Irving could potentially leave Boston, is that he's another cog in the machine rather than the main piece ( I mean, he's been rumored to join teams without a clear #1 guy there like the Knicks and Nets). He probably would've gotten them over Cleveland, but the Celtics were a game away from the finals (rather, a Lebron James Half) without him playing. To me, it's a little ironic because some people are essentially saying that the Celtics would be in a much better situation over possibly resigning him if Boston had lost to the Bucks :laugh2: Do you think he'd be able to function again as the 1b, as he was with Cleveland, or do you think that Giannis would be able to distribute the offense evenly?

I believe that the rumor of Butler & Irving wanting to join each other and play together, is 100% real...

If we can sign Butler from this season, trade for Mirotic in a 3 team deal with Atlanta and the Pelicans, where the Pelicans get Dedmon & Bazemore and the Bucks get Mirotic (please look here: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?939032-A-4-team-trade-deal-that-is-likely-to-work-Hawks-Lakers-Bucks-Pistons&p=32523527#post32523527) then we can win the East and lose from GSW in the finals...

This, in combination with the new (state of the art) arena should convince both Butler to stay and Irving to join...

EDIT: For the last part of your queston... Giannis is a rare to find character, he has no selfishness whatsoever in his game... All that matters for him is for the team to win... If you look at stats, Giannis has 6 ASTs per game... This is the most faulty stat there can be... In reality, Giannis passes more than 10 ASTs per game... it's only 6 recorded because the incapable - "greasy fingers" Centers that the Bucks had up to now, failed to finish the assist passed on them from Giannis!

2nd... I do agree with you, seeing the situation, if I was Minnesota, and the Bucks offered Middleton, and were able to absorb the contract of Dieng, I would jump on it (then try to shop Wiggins), as that's probably the best player that they could get back, they now have a clear #1, #2a, #2b set with Towns, Middleton/Wiggins, and would still likely be a team that could get into the playoffs (as well as cap relief). If Minnesota wanted more than just maybe an expiring, do you walk, or are willing to add?

As I said before, IMO, Middleton + Snell should get the deal done... Middleton will resign for the Wolves for 4years/100M... Snell should be perfect coming from bench as to support both SG and SF him being the 6th man... It's a win-win situation IMO...

Stunner
09-22-2018, 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043662315038683136?s=21

Stunner
09-22-2018, 09:20 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1043670873658527746?s=21

Stunner
09-22-2018, 09:41 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043676048892854274?s=21

Stunner
09-22-2018, 11:12 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043695801510313984?s=21

specialiststeve
09-22-2018, 11:39 PM
I know most have talked about Middleton as being the key card and am sure the Wolves would prefer trading him out of conference but the if the Clips offer up Harris he is as good or better a chip.

I think a Butler, Jones and C.Williams for Harris, Williams and Alaxander makes a bunch of sense for both.

Harris goes to SF with Wiggins going to SG (or bench), with Alexander in the wings at PG while the Clips sign Butler and have Jones who could be their starting PG for years to come and is ready to take a team over. If the clips move Alexander or this deal it would be a done deal...

MJNetsIsles
09-23-2018, 12:28 AM
Jimmy Butler to Brooklyn for Rondae Hollis Jefferson or Caris Levert, Demarre Carroll or Allen Crabbe, and Denverís 1st.

mngopher35
09-23-2018, 01:16 AM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043662315038683136?s=21

nice

buckalis
09-23-2018, 04:58 AM
I know most have talked about Middleton as being the key card and am sure the Wolves would prefer trading him out of conference but the if the Clips offer up Harris he is as good or better a chip.

I think a Butler, Jones and C.Williams for Harris, Williams and Alaxander makes a bunch of sense for both.
But... wouldn't the Wolves prefer to have an "as close as possible" replacement for Butler on Middleton? I mean it makes sense doesn't it? You don't want to change your team's basketball tactics...

Harris is the kind of "power" SF and PF, while Butler and Middleton are SG and "light" SF, both perfect as to have a "3-guards on the floor" line up.

Harris goes to SF with Wiggins going to SG (or bench), with Alexander in the wings at PG while the Clips sign Butler and have Jones who could be their starting PG for years to come and is ready to take a team over. If the clips move Alexander or this deal it would be a done deal...

It results in tactics change on the floor, doesn't it?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2018, 07:36 AM

Its a shame Thib's wants win now vets instead of youth. I'd prefer Bucks to keep core of Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe. Middleton and Bledsoe are like $30M+ expiring's. That's a Irving signing right there maybe if we have Butler and Giannis. Bucks tried to get Irving before Ainge stepped in with the Nets pick.

So if Bucks could change Thib's mind with a package of Brogdon, Maker, Snell, DDV, Wilson, Zeller and a future first in 2022 since Suns get the 2020 most likely. Bledsoe, Butler, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez. That there should be enough to top Raptors and 76ers. Lean on Celtics all season as long as we stay healthy. Besides let the rumblings of Butler may stay and Bucks lure in Irving rumors.

But most likely Bucks don't have a chance in hell to get Butler unless its Middleton and maybe Brogdon. Most likely Raptors swoop in and over pay and give up their bench mob of young pieces and some other piece like Ibaka and eat Dieng as well. Then they have a side trade to send Val out to fill the bench.

But a pairing of Giannis, Butler, Irving isn't much for 3 point shooting. So probably be to big of a risk. Bud came in and wanted to surround Giannis with shooters with the likes of Ersan, Lopez and rookie DDV. Besides having Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, Bledsoe, Brown, Maker, Delly. Its maybe best Bucks pass on Butler.

IndyRealist
09-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Absolute best offer: Bojan Bodganovic, Thad Young, Cory Joseph, and Myles Turner for Butler and Dieng. I can live with a rookie backup PG and believe in Sabonis. They can flip Turner later.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:26 AM
I believe that the rumor of Butler & Irving wanting to join each other and play together, is 100% real...

If we can sign Butler from this season, trade for Mirotic in a 3 team deal with Atlanta and the Pelicans, where the Pelicans get Dedmon & Bazemore and the Bucks get Mirotic (please look here: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?939032-A-4-team-trade-deal-that-is-likely-to-work-Hawks-Lakers-Bucks-Pistons&p=32523527#post32523527) then we can win the East and lose from GSW in the finals...

This, in combination with the new (state of the art) arena should convince both Butler to stay and Irving to join...

EDIT: For the last part of your queston... Giannis is a rare to find character, he has no selfishness whatsoever in his game... All that matters for him is for the team to win... If you look at stats, Giannis has 6 ASTs per game... This is the most faulty stat there can be... In reality, Giannis passes more than 10 ASTs per game... it's only 6 recorded because the incapable - "greasy fingers" Centers that the Bucks had up to now, failed to finish the assist passed on them from Giannis!

As I said before, IMO, Middleton + Snell should get the deal done... Middleton will resign for the Wolves for 4years/100M... Snell should be perfect coming from bench as to support both SG and SF him being the 6th man... It's a win-win situation IMO...

That's cool man, thanks for your opinions on this; I'll admit I don't really see a ton of Giannis except for highlights and when the Bucks play Toronto (though he was a beast in the playoffs a couple years back). Maybe the Bucks can get a better Center (is Dieng better than what you guys have) if they acquire Butler and be absolutely lethal.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:28 AM
Stunner/Gopher with the updates :clap:

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Its a shame Thib's wants win now vets instead of youth. I'd prefer Bucks to keep core of Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe. Middleton and Bledsoe are like $30M+ expiring's. That's a Irving signing right there maybe if we have Butler and Giannis. Bucks tried to get Irving before Ainge stepped in with the Nets pick.

So if Bucks could change Thib's mind with a package of Brogdon, Maker, Snell, DDV, Wilson, Zeller and a future first in 2022 since Suns get the 2020 most likely. Bledsoe, Butler, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez. That there should be enough to top Raptors and 76ers. Lean on Celtics all season as long as we stay healthy. Besides let the rumblings of Butler may stay and Bucks lure in Irving rumors.

But most likely Bucks don't have a chance in hell to get Butler unless its Middleton and maybe Brogdon. Most likely Raptors swoop in and over pay and give up their bench mob of young pieces and some other piece like Ibaka and eat Dieng as well. Then they have a side trade to send Val out to fill the bench.

But a pairing of Giannis, Butler, Irving isn't much for 3 point shooting. So probably be to big of a risk. Bud came in and wanted to surround Giannis with shooters with the likes of Ersan, Lopez and rookie DDV. Besides having Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, Bledsoe, Brown, Maker, Delly. Its maybe best Bucks pass on Butler.

At least from what I've heard here, the Raptors aren't willing to go much farther than Ibaka+Wright+Miles+ Protected First Rounder. Seeing that both Kawhi and Butler could leave after this season, they don't want to be absolutely left in the dark if they both go and they have to rebuild. But we will see, cause we've seen teams end up in bidding wars with themselves and screw themselves over (E.g. Nets 5 years ago)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2018, 09:00 AM
That's cool man, thanks for your opinions on this; I'll admit I don't really see a ton of Giannis except for highlights and when the Bucks play Toronto (though he was a beast in the playoffs a couple years back). Maybe the Bucks can get a better Center (is Dieng better than what you guys have) if they acquire Butler and be absolutely lethal.

Dieng is a 3 year deal. Also he's a mild upgrade over Henson. But the cost difference isn't worth the mild upgrade. Henson actually played decent last season. Also we signed Lopez cheap and we got Maker and Zeller yet. That third year of Dieng would kill the Bucks cap down the road to keep other players. Unless Wolves willing to eat guys like Snell, Delly, Henson. Also Delly and Henson are two year deals. Thib's knows Snell though from Bulls days.

Tony Snell $10,607,143 $11,392,857 $12,178,571 P.O.
John Henson $11,327,466 $10,482,396
Matthew Dellavedova $9,607,500 $9,607,500

I really don't see the Bucks wanting another center. Unless Henson and Maker are traded. But doubt we gamble on eating 3 years of Dieng for a possible rental in Butler. Since we got Lopez, Maker, Henson, Zeller besides we can go small ball with Giannis or Ersan at center as well.

Also that third year of Dieng yuck. Maybe the Heat can pull off a miracle and flip Whiteside and other guys and or pick for Butler, Dieng? Johnson and Johnson and a pick for Butler and Dieng? Pat probably wanna unload Whiteside to a third team as well.

James Johnson $14,651,700 $15,349,400 $16,047,100 P.O.
Tyler Johnson $19,245,370 $19,245,370
Pick for Butler and Dieng?

Maybe a mystery team pulls off something crazy like Hornets? Lure in Butler to team up with Kemba?

buckalis
09-23-2018, 09:13 AM

Since you mentioned the 1st round of the playoff series 2 seasons ago... Do you remember game 2 in Toronto?

Giannis assisted 2 times the ball to Dellavedova for completely open 3pt shots during the last moments of the game and Delly missed both times... It seems that other than the centers of the Bucks having "greasy fingers", some of the Bucks guards, also do...

Scoots
09-23-2018, 09:27 AM
I like the rumor of Iguodala for Butler. The melting of the internet would be amazing.

buckalis
09-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Dieng is a 3 year deal. Also he's a mild upgrade over Henson. But the cost difference isn't worth the mild upgrade. Henson actually played decent last season. Also we signed Lopez cheap and we got Maker and Zeller yet. That third year of Dieng would kill the Bucks cap down the road to keep other players. Unless Wolves willing to eat guys like Snell, Delly, Henson. Also Delly and Henson are two year deals. Thib's knows Snell though from Bulls days.

Tony Snell $10,607,143 $11,392,857 $12,178,571 P.O.
John Henson $11,327,466 $10,482,396
Matthew Dellavedova $9,607,500 $9,607,500

I really don't see the Bucks wanting another center. Unless Henson and Maker are traded. But doubt we gamble on eating 3 years of Dieng for a possible rental in Butler. Since we got Lopez, Maker, Henson, Zeller besides we can go small ball with Giannis or Ersan at center as well.

Also that third year of Dieng yuck. Maybe the Heat can pull off a miracle and flip Whiteside and other guys and or pick for Butler, Dieng? Johnson and Johnson and a pick for Butler and Dieng? Pat probably wanna unload Whiteside to a third team as well.

James Johnson $14,651,700 $15,349,400 $16,047,100 P.O.
Tyler Johnson $19,245,370 $19,245,370
Pick for Butler and Dieng?

Maybe a mystery team pulls off something crazy like Hornets? Lure in Butler to team up with Kemba?

Nobody (sensible) would pay big money for Dieng + a rental... Middleton + Snell is the best the Wolves can hope for to get back for Butler... If the Bucks propose this, there will be a deal.

Stunner
09-23-2018, 10:23 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/7cc77a8e88ca195083833ec5ae47f365.jpg

Philly please

warfelg
09-23-2018, 10:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/7cc77a8e88ca195083833ec5ae47f365.jpg

Philly please

I wouldnít give up anything of value like they are asking. RoCo and a protected 1st and maybe a conditional pick of him resigning.

Heediot
09-23-2018, 10:26 AM
I like the rumor of Iguodala for Butler. The melting of the internet would be amazing.

might as well. that starting 5 is probably already goat 5 all time even with the cousins injury mystery when he returns.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Since you mentioned the 1st round of the playoff series 2 seasons ago... Do you remember game 2 in Toronto?

Giannis assisted 2 times the ball to Dellavedova for completely open 3pt shots during the last moments of the game and Delly missed both times... It seems that other than the centers of the Bucks having "greasy fingers", some of the Bucks guards, also do...

Oh yeah, I remember covering my face with how badly the Raptors played defense during the last part of that game... I was legitimately scared we were going to go down 2-0 :laugh2:

That was the first of 2 bad rages.... the other one was game 6 when the Raptors blew the 25 point lead...... I know people got on him for his issues vs Cleveland, but if it weren't for Derozan coming back in and taking control of the game from Lowry almost blowing it, we are probably going to game 7 (where the Bucks would have all the momentum).

IKnowHoops
09-23-2018, 11:18 AM
This made me legit lol.

👍😂...glad somebody got the reference

Cal827
09-23-2018, 11:18 AM
:laugh2: Of course there are Warrior Rumors.

Though if he goes to Houston, then I'd be terrified:

Paul
Harden
Butler
Carmelo
Capela

Only one weak spot, but even so, the guy could probably score quite a bit being open in that lineup (though we said that in OKC too)

buckalis
09-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Darren Wolfson

@DWolfsonKSTP

"I don't know if the Bucks would move him (Middleton). I have just heard from two rival executives that the Bucks are a team to watch. Not the only team, by the way."
6:04 PM - Sep 23, 2018

More-Than-Most
09-23-2018, 11:59 AM
just dont give up saric or fultz please... For the love of god brand give up whatever firsts you want and any combination of covington/TLC/TJ

TJ/Covington/protected first and a few 2nds should be enough unless some other team just is ********.

Stunner
09-23-2018, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffzillgitt/status/1043890151913639937?s=21

https://twitter.com/jeffzillgitt/status/1043891561099128832?s=21

https://twitter.com/jeffzillgitt/status/1043890895307907073?s=21

Vinylman
09-23-2018, 12:45 PM
You mean thibs has been? I dunno what it is but he has been quite poor as a coach and his GM moves haven't panned out. Ill gladly defend what I was saying if you actually had a rebuttal.

oh, yourself?

enjoy the hell that is the TwolvesÖ your franchise is garbage and has proven it time and time again. they are an embarrassment to the league and this latest situation shows that the non-basketball people are in charge again. Taylor is a typical ***** who isn't man enough to tell his own employees to do what he says... why else is he involved in moving Butler?

be a ****ing man and fire thibs and layden Ö the dysfunction is at the very top and isn't changing anytime soon.

mngopher35
09-23-2018, 01:00 PM
enjoy the hell that is the TwolvesÖ your franchise is garbage and has proven it time and time again. they are an embarrassment to the league and this latest situation shows that the non-basketball people are in charge again. Taylor is a typical ***** who isn't man enough to tell his own employees to do what he says... why else is he involved in moving Butler?

be a ****ing man and fire thibs and layden Ö the dysfunction is at the very top and isn't changing anytime soon.

ok thanks, have a great day!

Vinylman
09-23-2018, 01:02 PM
ok thanks, have a great day!

that's what I would expect

warfelg
09-23-2018, 01:31 PM
just dont give up saric or fultz please... For the love of god brand give up whatever firsts you want and any combination of covington/TLC/TJ

TJ/Covington/protected first and a few 2nds should be enough unless some other team just is ********.

We already traded TLC.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 01:44 PM
JRich and Whiteside for Butler and Dieng.

Stunner
09-23-2018, 01:46 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043919084038098945?s=21

buckalis
09-23-2018, 01:48 PM
As I said before,

"if the Bucks will offer Middleton, there is no chance another team gets Butler"....

Middleton + Snell for Butler (only - no Dieng) should get the deal done.

Stunner
09-23-2018, 02:02 PM
https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1043922790196432899?s=21

mngopher35
09-23-2018, 03:40 PM
that's what I would expect

You went on a rant essentially making the same essential points many fans in our forum have made lol. Cool that you can see what most can that Glenn is a big issue and we should fire Thibs/Layden.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 03:49 PM
:laugh2: I thought that Gilbert might take the risk... after all, he wants to prove that he doesn't need Lebron James to have a good team on the court.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Rockets packaging Gordon and filler, they would be a lot of fun.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 05:20 PM

Iíve been seeing this all over Twitter, they need to get it done.

IndyRealist
09-23-2018, 05:36 PM
As I said before the "Clippers/Nets/Knicks" list 100% came from Butler's agent, not Butler. His agent is looking to maximize Butler's earnings and by extension his cut of the proceeds. Jimmy Butler is his only client.

Given that Minnesota will want to move him East, and Butler likely wants to win now, I think his preference is to go to any East playoff team. Milwaukee would be a weird fit but they're likely up there along with Miami and Washington. Cleveland doesn't have the assets, Toronto/Boston/Philly don't want to give up the assets. I think one of MIL/MIA/WAS will outbid any other East team. Indiana is unlikely to trade for a player with locker room issues.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 06:07 PM

One of the bigger Heat reporters 🧐

Wade n Fade
09-23-2018, 06:15 PM

One of the bigger Heat reporters 🧐

Doesn't mean anything. If it were Tim Reynolds or Barry Jackson, then it's more credible.

Wade n Fade
09-23-2018, 06:18 PM
As I said before the "Clippers/Nets/Knicks" list 100% came from Butler's agent, not Butler. His agent is looking to maximize Butler's earnings and by extension his cut of the proceeds. Jimmy Butler is his only client.

Given that Minnesota will want to move him East, and Butler likely wants to win now, I think his preference is to go to any East playoff team. Milwaukee would be a weird fit but they're likely up there along with Miami and Washington. Cleveland doesn't have the assets, Toronto/Boston/Philly don't want to give up the assets. I think one of MIL/MIA/WAS will outbid any other East team. Indiana is unlikely to trade for a player with locker room issues.

Miami has no state income tax, so that little novelty might mean more $ to Jimmy Butler. But then again, cost of living sucks in Florida (not that it matters to a $20 mill salary earner). Heat make a ton of sense and the league is more star driven than other sports.

Mil is better off building around Giannis and still have Middleton. Washington has Wall/Beal/Porter for their 1-3. Porter got a max, so doubt Minny takes that back.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Doesn't mean anything. If it were Tim Reynolds or Barry Jackson, then it's more credible.

Those are the top 2 guys but this guy is top 4 Iíd say along with Ira when it comes to twitter updates

IKnowHoops
09-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Nobody (sensible) would pay big money for Dieng + a rental... Middleton + Snell is the best the Wolves can hope for to get back for Butler... If the Bucks propose this, there will be a deal.

Dude, you are way to Bias to talk about your team giving out the best package available. Stop

Cal827
09-23-2018, 06:54 PM
Those are the top 2 guys but this guy is top 4 Iíd say along with Ira when it comes to twitter updates

You guys forgot Wojbombs

beasted86
09-23-2018, 07:00 PM

Why is that the best offer? Snell is not an expiring contract and is similar long term dead weight overpaid contract as is Dieng. They get no cap relief and actually give the Bucks a possible upgrade at Center over Henson.

Butler and Middleton are both expiring veterans that can walk at the end of the season and leave the Wolves with nothing. Minnesota gets no security, no real cap relief, and gets the weaker talent.

That's the worst offer on the table unless Middleton immediately signs an extension.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 07:18 PM

Get it done!!!!!

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 07:19 PM
You guys forgot Wojbombs

Just speaking on Miami reporters here. Ethan is the guy who first said the Heat were in on Butler

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 07:26 PM
I donít think woj has any Miami sources to be honest.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm fully expecting a Lowry for Butler deal in the next 48 hours. To me, the parties are a perfect match.

Lowry is a huge upgrade over Teague. I get he's getting older, but it's hard to imagine Minnesota getting a better player under the circumstances.

Plus we have rumours that Minnesota is telling people they've already got one team offering a good player in return. Considering I heard this news at the same time I heard Toronto was interested, it fits.

Why would Toronto part with Lowry if they were going for it? They are clearly in whatever it takes mode and even though I think they believe as I do that they've got great odds of making the finals now the opportunity to be a real threat to the Warriors has got to be very enticing. And there are definitely questions being asked about how Demars trade may be affecting Lowry's happiness with the organization. And VanVleet is banging on the door at the PG position already, with Delon Wright behind him.

Teague of course could be moved somewhere after.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
09-23-2018, 07:43 PM
I donít think woj has any Miami sources to be honest.

Everyone talks to Woj, because he'll tweet whatever rumor any team wants out there in exchange for 1st dibs.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Everyone talks to Woj, because he'll tweet whatever rumor any team wants out there in exchange for 1st dibs.

Yea true

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 08:15 PM

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Just speaking on Miami reporters here. Ethan is the guy who first said the Heat were in on Butler

Ah fair enough, my bad man

Cal827
09-23-2018, 08:33 PM
I'm fully expecting a Lowry for Butler deal in the next 48 hours. To me, the parties are a perfect match.

Lowry is a huge upgrade over Teague. I get he's getting older, but it's hard to imagine Minnesota getting a better player under the circumstances.

Plus we have rumours that Minnesota is telling people they've already got one team offering a good player in return. Considering I heard this news at the same time I heard Toronto was interested, it fits.

Why would Toronto part with Lowry if they were going for it? They are clearly in whatever it takes mode and even though I think they believe as I do that they've got great odds of making the finals now the opportunity to be a real threat to the Warriors has got to be very enticing. And there are definitely questions being asked about how Demars trade may be affecting Lowry's happiness with the organization. And VanVleet is banging on the door at the PG position already, with Delon Wright behind him.

Teague of course could be moved somewhere after.

One other big thing would be that they can also absorb Dieng's contract with Lowry's huge contract... but he's also on a one year deal and is in his thirties (so he'll be declining)... I would think they would want more back (e.g. OG, or maybe even Vanvleet)

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 09:33 PM

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 09:55 PM
So Iím hearing both sides are still talking as we speak, not taking a break and getting back at it tomorrow. Iím hearing Jimmy to Miami is a done deal theyíre just trying to get all the details worked out and that Riley and Taylor want to get this done tonight since they have media day tomorrow. Weíll see what happens fellas.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 10:00 PM

That could work too. Miami has a bunch of veterans that Minnesota can get to bolster their bench, or solidify their starting line-up.

Whitesite-Johnson for Dieng-Butler? Can Towns play well at PF? I mean, his game allows him to stretch out, and allow Whiteside to stay in the paint and improves Minnesota's interior defense.

Teague
Wiggins
Johnson
Towns
Whiteside

I don't know, just throwing things out there.

More-Than-Most
09-23-2018, 10:03 PM
dragic would be a big get for the wolves.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 10:04 PM
That could work too. Miami has a bunch of veterans that Minnesota can get to bolster their bench, or solidify their starting line-up.

Whitesite-Johnson for Dieng-Butler? Can Towns play well at PF? I mean, his game allows him to stretch out, and allow Whiteside to stay in the paint and improves Minnesota's interior defense.

Teague
Wiggins
Johnson
Towns
Whiteside

I don't know, just throwing things out there.

Iíd do that in a heartbeat but I doubt the wolves would.

IndyRealist
09-23-2018, 10:20 PM
Iíd do that in a heartbeat but I doubt the wolves would.

I'm -guessing- Whiteside/JRich for Dieng/Butler. I like that for both sides, both will be fun to watch.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 10:29 PM
I guess it depends how the Owner feels about the rest of the team. If he feels they are a playoff team and just need to build around the core, he might look for the best players available or solid role guys to stock the team (e.g. Raptors, Heat, Nets, Cavs, Bucks)... if they don't think they're there yet and want a the core to grow together, they might go for a team with good young capital (maybe the Clippers go all in seeing what happened with George and the Lakers and will deal out a combination of Bradley/Harris/Alexander/Robinson/1st round picks)

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 10:40 PM
I'm -guessing- Whiteside/JRich for Dieng/Butler. I like that for both sides, both will be fun to watch.

Thatís what Iím thinking too. Iím hoping weíre abke to keep JRich somehow as they would be perfect next to each other but I canít see it happening.

Cal827
09-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Thatís what Iím thinking too. Iím hoping weíre abke to keep JRich somehow as they would be perfect next to each other but I canít see it happening.

That would probably be the best offer Minnesota would get for Butler by pretty far (other than maybe Middleton)... they get a fairly young very good 3/D player (maybe a little bit of poor man's Butler :laugh2: ) who won't mind taking the #4 role on the team, and another guy who will bolster interior defense? With both guys in their primes? If this is dangled in front of Minnesota, they need to jump on it.

Teague
Richardson
Wiggins
KAT
Whiteside

Even if Whiteside doesn't resign and declines his option, the T'wolves will still have Richardson on his sensible contract, and quite a bit of salary cap seeing that Dieng is off the books.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 10:59 PM
That would probably be the best offer Minnesota would get for Butler by pretty far (other than maybe Middleton)... they get a fairly young very good 3/D player (maybe a little bit of poor man's Butler :laugh2: ) who won't mind taking the #4 role on the team, and another guy who will bolster interior defense? With both guys in their primes? If this is dangled in front of Minnesota, they need to jump on it.

Teague
Richardson
Wiggins
KAT
Whiteside

Even if Whiteside doesn't resign and declines his option, the T'wolves will still have Richardson on his sensible contract, and quite a bit of salary cap seeing that Dieng is off the books.

JRich May arguably have the best contract in the league as an all nba level defender and solid all around offensive player. Perfect fit on any team really, that why I think heís gone. Wish I knew the main pieces in the deal but I havenít heard yet, doesnít seem like itíll get done tonight like I was told but thereís still time.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 11:43 PM
I'm -guessing- Whiteside/JRich for Dieng/Butler. I like that for both sides, both will be fun to watch.It can't be that, Minnesota was telling people they had a good player already offered. I mean I know its Minnesota but you dont think they could have been talking about whiteside?

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 11:45 PM
The Heat lead the way followed by the Raptors and surprisingly Charlotte.

WaDe03
09-23-2018, 11:47 PM
It can't be that, Minnesota was telling people they had a good player already offered. I mean I know its Minnesota but you dont think they could have been talking about whiteside?

JRich is a very good player and all nba level defender, he was snubbed last year. An engaged Whiteside was a top center in the league, heís just only engaged in contract years though I guess.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2018, 11:56 PM
JRich is a very good player and all nba level defender, he was snubbed last year. An engaged Whiteside was a top center in the league, heís just only engaged in contract years though I guess.Minnesota is getting **** on if thats what they are taking back. Besides, can you imagine a team with Towns and Wiggins, both of which are question marks IQ competitive-wise, adding Whiteside? They had a nice 1 year run, they will be back to resembling a Sacramento Kings type of team sweet jesus.

More-Than-Most
09-24-2018, 12:01 AM
honestly the wolves are stupid to take whiteside... do people not realize his contract and how meh he is... he makes what almost 60 million over the next 2 seasons... If whiteside gets them butler i wouldnt offer more than covington who is better and on a longer/cheaper contract.

Covington------->whiteside

More-Than-Most
09-24-2018, 12:03 AM
dwight howard was a better center than whiteside last year.... really think about that

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Minnesota is getting **** on if thats what they are taking back. Besides, can you imagine a team with Towns and Wiggins, both of which are question marks IQ competitive-wise, adding Whiteside? They had a nice 1 year run, they will be back to resembling a Sacramento Kings type of team sweet jesus.

Thatís going to happen losing Butler anyways more than likely. Not his fault they donít want to work hard and get better. Most of the time your star player demands a trade you donít get close to equal value back.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 12:09 AM
Iím actually expecting a big year from Whiteside this year but Iím sure heíll let me down. Heís been working his *** off this summer and is working with Wades trainer so weíll see though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2018, 07:19 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2018, 07:48 AM

So Knicks are out. Also Jeff mentioned Washington and Milwaukee are the outlier teams to look at for Butler.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 08:05 AM

Relax dude. Seriously. It's ok to be a fan of a bad team. Many fans are. If anything, being a fan of a team like the Wolves (or Warriors up to 5 years ago) has a charm to it. Sure we suck, always will likely, but it doesn't mean it doesn't offer us the only reason you watch sports-a nice distraction from life, amd something to bond with other people you may not get the chance to interact with in life otherwise.

Chill out. You get so fkin abrasive at times. Take a step down off the high horse and relax.

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Relax dude. Seriously. It's ok to be a fan of a bad team. Many fans are. If anything, being a fan of a team like the Wolves (or Warriors up to 5 years ago) has a charm to it. Sure we suck, always will likely, but it doesn't mean it doesn't offer us the only reason you watch sports-a nice distraction from life, amd something to bond with other people you may not get the chance to interact with in life otherwise.

Chill out. You get so fkin abrasive at times. Take a step down off the high horse and relax.

People that support ****** management get what they deserve... not that it matters but I would not buy anything Lakers or go to any games for 2.5 years while the b(M)itch and Jimbaco fiasco was going on...

teams don't deserve loyalty when they continually **** on their fans with bad management.

there are plenty of other sports to appreciate

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Media day will be awkward today.

Cal827
09-24-2018, 09:27 AM

:laugh: Don't have to tell me twice

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 09:36 AM

Butler has been excused from media day. But yeah, it will be a barrage of questions about him anyways.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 09:46 AM
Butler has been excused from media day. But yeah, it will be a barrage of questions about him anyways.

Mainly meant for the teams that have been rumored to be trading for him. No one knows if theyíre being offered or what

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 09:51 AM
People that support ****** management get what they deserve... not that it matters but I would not buy anything Lakers or go to any games for 2.5 years while the b(M)itch and Jimbaco fiasco was going on...

teams don't deserve loyalty when they continually **** on their fans with bad management.

I am not sure most Wolves fans support Wolves management. If you wanted to hop off your teams bandwagon, that is fine. No right or wrong in being a fan.

Teams offer distractions in life. They offer Dad's and sons (or daughters) something to cheer for and bond over. They provide event parties, water cooler talk, etc. If you look at a sports team like you have any vested interest in it, you are missing the point.

What other sports in MN? They are all the same haha. Dude, relax. You are the most wound up mother ****er I know on this site. Would more people in MN be fans if the Wolves were good? Of course. But I love basketball, and the Wolves offer me a chance to go watch NBA games, and I have a bond with my best friend and brother when it comes to them. So no matter how bad they suck, I will be a fan. Because their wins and losses and accomplishments will always dwarf what they offer me as a fan in general.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 09:51 AM
Mainly meant for the teams that have been rumored to be trading for him. No one knows if theyíre being offered or what

oh sure. Good point

Cal827
09-24-2018, 09:58 AM

It won't get as more awkward/dramatic as it will be in Toronto:

Kawhi finally speaks out
Is Lowry still mad over the trade

AND the Butler Rumors so guys like Ibaka, Miles, etc are probably a little unease :laugh2:

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 10:08 AM
I am not sure most Wolves fans support Wolves management. If you wanted to hop off your teams bandwagon, that is fine. No right or wrong in being a fan.

Teams offer distractions in life. They offer Dad's and sons (or daughters) something to cheer for and bond over. They provide event parties, water cooler talk, etc. If you look at a sports team like you have any vested interest in it, you are missing the point.

What other sports in MN? They are all the same haha. Dude, relax. You are the most wound up mother ****er I know on this site. Would more people in MN be fans if the Wolves were good? Of course. But I love basketball, and the Wolves offer me a chance to go watch NBA games, and I have a bond with my best friend and brother when it comes to them. So no matter how bad they suck, I will be a fan. Because their wins and losses and accomplishments will always dwarf what they offer me as a fan in general.

It isn't hopping off the bandwagon... it is a simple protest to ****** management at the time. The problem with **** teams is that there are no consequences. Professional sports leagues are set up to support **** ownership groups and markets via revenue sharing and other structural mechanisms.

There will always be mediocre teams that people cheer for that should be applauded for merely making the playoffs. However, there are habitually bad teams (Sacto, Orlando, Minnie, Phoenix, etc...) who have one thing in common... bad ownership

Those teams and owners deserve the derision they get and don't deserve loyalty from fans who happen to be geographically convenient.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 10:13 AM
It isn't hopping off the bandwagon... it is a simple protest to ****** management at the time. The problem with **** teams is that there are no consequences. Professional sports leagues are set up to support **** ownership groups and markets via revenue sharing and other structural mechanisms.

There will always be mediocre teams that people cheer for that should be applauded for merely making the playoffs. However, there are habitually bad teams (Sacto, Orlando, Minnie, Phoenix, etc...) who have one thing in common... bad ownership

Those teams and owners deserve the derision they get and don't deserve loyalty from fans who happen to be geographically convenient.

I mean, don't tell me how to be a fan. Simple, right?

I can cheer for anything I want to. Move on already, my god. You don't always have to be right vinylman.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Thatís going to happen losing Butler anyways more than likely. Not his fault they donít want to work hard and get better. Most of the time your star player demands a trade you donít get close to equal value back.Right, I get that, but that doesn't mean its smart to take someone in return who exacerbates an existing weakness with your club.

Ahriman
09-24-2018, 10:15 AM
I hate to see what Flip did was screwed up in 2 years time by Taylor and Thibodeau...

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 10:17 AM

One thing I noticed this year in the Wolves forum...they love there players as much ch as the logo. But also hate certain players to the point they canít watch the team win with them. Many would rather lose with Rubio than win without him. MN fans donít care about losing or winning as much as they care about having the roster look the way they want it to. Case in point. Last year I was by far there best season in years, but it was the most unhappy year for the T Wolves forum. Itís a different/special kind of animal when dealing with the Wolves fan base...in part because they have been bred not to expect much and I canít blame them for that. I will always be an optimist, but that is def not your average T Wolves fan.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 10:31 AM
One thing I noticed this year in the Wolves forum...they love there players as much ch as the logo. But also hate certain players to the point they canít watch the team win with them. Many would rather lose with Rubio than win without him. MN fans donít care about losing or winning as much as they care about having the roster look the way they want it to. Case in point. Last year I was by far there best season in years, but it was the most unhappy year for the T Wolves forum. Itís a different/special kind of animal when dealing with the Wolves fan base...in part because they have been bred not to expect much and I canít blame them for that. I will always be an optimist, but that is def not your average T Wolves fan.

false. What we don't like, is giving Andrew ****ing Wiggins a max deal for sucking. it doesn't mean I won't still follow the team, but (and this will make vinylman happy), I am so sick of the Wolves at this point, my interest died way down last season, and will again this year.

We do care about attempted winning (there is a case for being a loveable loser too). But when your team constantly effs everything up, forgive us for not believing in the FO. You don't give ANDREW WIGGINS a max extension. Oh wait, Glen Taylor does.

The Wolves are close to losing me. At least close to me going into hibernation until they prove worth the effort of watching. But what if my daughter wants to go to Wolves games? Do I say, "no sweetie, they suck, therefore we can't support them".

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Right, I get that, but that doesn't mean its smart to take someone in return who exacerbates an existing weakness with your club.

Yea true, letís let the deal happen before we critique. I think Whiteside is going to have a good year

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 10:51 AM
From what Iím seeing Minnesota fans really want Whiteside, guess they like the size theyíll have with him and Towns.

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 10:52 AM
false. What we don't like, is giving Andrew ****ing Wiggins a max deal for sucking. it doesn't mean I won't still follow the team, but (and this will make vinylman happy), I am so sick of the Wolves at this point, my interest died way down last season, and will again this year.

We do care about attempted winning (there is a case for being a loveable loser too). But when your team constantly effs everything up, forgive us for not believing in the FO. You don't give ANDREW WIGGINS a max extension. Oh wait, Glen Taylor does.

The Wolves are close to losing me. At least close to me going into hibernation until they prove worth the effort of watching. But what if my daughter wants to go to Wolves games? Do I say, "no sweetie, they suck, therefore we can't support them".

it doesn't make me happy... it just amazes me that people will defend the organization (not saying you) and just don't realize until there is an ownership change that the situation is futile.

No matter what happens this year it will be a waste of time because Thibs will be kept until the end of the season and then fired... then the narrative of low expectations while rebuilding will come again...

rinse repeat

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 10:56 AM
it doesn't make me happy... it just amazes me that people will defend the organization (not saying you) and just don't realize until there is an ownership change that the situation is futile.

No matter what happens this year it will be a waste of time because Thibs will be kept until the end of the season and then fired... then the narrative of low expectations while rebuilding will come again...

rinse repeat

right, but I can be a fan despite that. You understand, correct? Would I support them more financially if they won? Yes. I would. But 3 times a week, for 8 months, I can at least watch my crappy team play and text with my brother and buddy about it. That is fun to me.

Dude, I know how ridiculous the Wolves are. I don't trust them at all. The fact they ****ed this whole Butler thing up doesn't even surprise me at all. I expected it.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 11:06 AM

Ya know that sounds good, but bottom line, there is no other franchise or fan base that Iíve seen that has/could go 15 years without sniffing the playoffs, then when they do make the playoffs, the fan base is more upset then they were for the previous 15 years. Every team makes moves the fan base doesnít agree with. But fans usually place results above all. Wolves had there best results in years and that equaled a more pissed of fan base. That only exists in MN bruh.

kdspurman
09-24-2018, 11:10 AM
right, but I can be a fan despite that. You understand, correct? Would I support them more financially if they won? Yes. I would. But 3 times a week, for 8 months, I can at least watch my crappy team play and text with my brother and buddy about it. That is fun to me.

Dude, I know how ridiculous the Wolves are. I don't trust them at all. The fact they ****ed this whole Butler thing up doesn't even surprise me at all. I expected it.

That's been obvious for years here... I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of good things I've seen you say about how they're run in recent years.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 11:14 AM
Ya know that sounds good, but bottom line, there is no other franchise or fan base that Iíve seen that has/could go 15 years without sniffing the playoffs, then when they do make the playoffs, the fan base is more upset then they were for the previous 15 years. Every team makes moves the fan base doesnít agree with. But fans usually place results above all. Wolves had there best results in years and that equaled a more pissed of fan base. That only exists in MN bruh.

I mean, just because we are MN fans doesn't mean we don't recognize what it takes to be good long term. Being mediocre is the worst place possible, and that is what the Wolves were going to be with Towns, Butler, and Wiggins leading the cap strapped team. Futhermore, cashing in our chips in the midst of the greatest team to ever play in their peak is, let's say, bad timing. "Win now" is cool if you are a true contender, not if you are stepping from a 30 win team to a 1st round perennial knockout.

You need to be great, or terrible. The only exception, is having a young team with upside, with a longer term goal. Thib's cashed that in to some degree, and in the meantime, our stupid owner gave a terrible player huge money.

Best results in years, I agree. How are they looking right now? Think they are ready to take that next step? That is the point. In a market like MN, if you don't do it right, you don't get a re-do. Thib's/Taylor ****ed up much of the potential of the Towns/Wiggins/Lavine core.

Also, I want to point out, you never showed up till your boy Tyus was drafted, and spent your first year in the Wolves forum wishing Rubio would be traded to make way for Dunn/Tyus. Like cmon dude

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 11:15 AM
To be clear, I understand not jumping for Joy over the Wolves success. But being more disappointed in your winningest year is what gets me. That mentality is just something I canít get with. Not on a team that loses that much for that long. Again, I donít expect you jumping for Joy, but I donít expect this to be the ďWORST MOST DISSAPOInTING YEARĒ when results was by far there best in 10-15. Generally, those are people that would rather complain than be happy and that annoys me in life.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 11:15 AM
That's been obvious for years here... I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of good things I've seen you say about how they're run in recent years.

yet I feel like if they ever win it all, a sliver of the trophy should be sent to whatever old people home is taking care of me (I am 42) for my dedication.

kdspurman
09-24-2018, 11:32 AM

Doubt he shows up, but that would be something

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 11:57 AM
I mean, just because we are MN fans doesn't mean we don't recognize what it takes to be good long term. Being mediocre is the worst place possible, and that is what the Wolves were going to be with Towns, Butler, and Wiggins leading the cap strapped team. Futhermore, cashing in our chips in the midst of the greatest team to ever play in their peak is, let's say, bad timing. "Win now" is cool if you are a true contender, not if you are stepping from a 30 win team to a 1st round perennial knockout.

You need to be great, or terrible. The only exception, is having a young team with upside, with a longer term goal. Thib's cashed that in to some degree, and in the meantime, our stupid owner gave a terrible player huge money.

Best results in years, I agree. How are they looking right now? Think they are ready to take that next step? That is the point. In a market like MN, if you don't do it right, you don't get a re-do. Thib's/Taylor ****ed up much of the potential of the Towns/Wiggins/Lavine core.

Also, I want to point out, you never showed up till your boy Tyus was drafted, and spent your first year in the Wolves forum wishing Rubio would be traded to make way for Dunn/Tyus. Like cmon dude

Well if Iím cheering because if Tyus, Iíd say thatís a real fan.

Yeah and just as you went dormant this year.

I had to take time off during the Rubio era where i had to witness a guy continue to pass up layups to get assists then hear u guys praise him.

Common dude yourself.

I was there during the Beginning

Doug west, Pooh Richardson.

Donít tell me about me showing up because of Tyus, when half of you guys are leaving during a winning season and Wiggins.

You think Wiggins was unacceptable

I think A guy that refuses to shoot is unacceptable

Iíve been a fan from the start. You calling me out for fandom just illustrates the MN fan base even more. Me ďshowing upĒ in the Twolves forum means dick buddy. The Wolves forum is not the home base for Twolves fan. Itís more a place for grumpy mofos to bóó-.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Well if Iím cheering because if Tyus, Iíd say thatís a real fan.

Yeah and just as you went dormant this year.

I had to take time off during the Rubio era where i had to witness a guy continue to pass up layups to get assists then hear u guys praise him.

Common dude yourself.

I was there during the Beginning

Doug west, Pooh Richardson.

Donít tell me about me showing up because of Tyus, when half of you guys are leaving during a winning season and Wiggins.

You think Wiggins was unacceptable

I think A guy that refuses to shoot is unacceptable

Iíve been a fan from the start. You calling me out for fandom just illustrates the MN fan base even more. Me ďshowing upĒ in the Twolves forum means dick buddy. The Wolves forum is not the home base for Twolves fan. Itís more a place for grumpy mofos to bóó-.

most left because last years Wolves were terribly boring to watch.

I never saw you prior to Rubio, nor during. I don't care, maybe you never had interest in posting there, I don't mean to turn this into a "who is the better fan" stuff, my apologies man. I am not going to argue who has been around longer, it doesn't matter. I was 14 when the Wolves came along, and loved them since. That likely isn't a good thing...

Look, I was happy to be relevant again, but I then understood my mistake about 30 games in last year.

If you are going to cheer for a terrible franchise, at points in time, you just get sick of the same old ****. You are seeing that in the Wolves board currently.

Btw, Rubio is better than Teague, Tyus, Dunn, and any other PG we have ever had minus Sam Cassell and Terrell Brandon prior to him dying. He was a fan favorite, no doubt. Was he the answer? Meh, not unless you have the right setup, which we didn't. But you don't go trade him for nothing, then sign a worse PG to a longer deal haha.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 12:34 PM

Chronz
09-24-2018, 12:49 PM

I never saw you prior to Rubio, nor during. I don't care, maybe you never had interest in posting there, I don't mean to turn this into a "who is the better fan" stuff, my apologies man. I am not going to argue who has been around longer, it doesn't matter. I was 14 when the Wolves came along, and loved them since. That likely isn't a good thing...

Look, I was happy to be relevant again, but I then understood my mistake about 30 games in last year.

If you are going to cheer for a terrible franchise, at points in time, you just get sick of the same old ****. You are seeing that in the Wolves board currently.

Btw, Rubio is better than Teague, Tyus, Dunn, and any other PG we have ever had minus Sam Cassell and Terrell Brandon prior to him dying. He was a fan favorite, no doubt. Was he the answer? Meh, not unless you have the right setup, which we didn't. But you don't go trade him for nothing, then sign a worse PG to a longer deal haha.

Rubio is better than Wiggins

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 01:03 PM

Is the Rubio trade worse than drafting him and that other dude over Curry?

Stephon over Ray(donít mind that actually)

Wesley Johnson over Cousins

Foye over Roy

I mean thatís the T Wolves.

Moving on from Rubio was def not even close to the worst thing the Wolves have done.

Rubio May be all around better, but his lack of scoring allows teams to play us in a way that is unwatchable for me personally because all it did was lose badly and passing up layups is just mind boggling.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 01:14 PM

Iíd disagree.

And history wonít reflect that when careers are done

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Cavs are the newest team wanting Butler. Even though Love cant be traded for how many months. Also Cavs owe a first round pick to the Hawks yet for Korver.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/09/cavaliers-latest-team-interested-in-jimmy-butler.html

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2018, 01:20 PM

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 01:22 PM
2 and a half hour in to hear media day and Waiters Olynyk whiteside JRich and Winslow arenít there yet.

AllBall
09-24-2018, 01:50 PM
Well, this is quite the entertaining Monday. :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2018, 01:50 PM
2 and a half hour in to hear media day and Waiters Olynyk whiteside JRich and Winslow arenít there yet.

There was a fake twitter account said Heat had the deal just about wrapped up. That account got flamed fast.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 01:56 PM
There was a fake twitter account said Heat had the deal just about wrapped up. That account got flamed fast.

Theyíre all over the place.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 01:56 PM

a lot better

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Is the Rubio trade worse than drafting him and that other dude over Curry?

Stephon over Ray(donít mind that actually)

Wesley Johnson over Cousins

Foye over Roy

I mean thatís the T Wolves.

Moving on from Rubio was def not even close to the worst thing the Wolves have done.

Rubio May be all around better, but his lack of scoring allows teams to play us in a way that is unwatchable for me personally because all it did was lose badly and passing up layups is just mind boggling.

it wasn't the worst, nope. But it was just another stupid decision in the long list of them. Assigning weight to bad decisions in the Wolves tenure will create new depths of stupidity.

Again, I apologize for bringing up your fanhood, I always thought it was immature for people to do that, and I just did it.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2018, 02:00 PM

and the sky, as i'm told, is blue.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Whiteside is at media day now.

Jeffy25
09-24-2018, 02:06 PM
What if

PG - Rubio
SG - Lavine
SF - Wiggins
PF - Gibson
C - Towns

I don't think Teague would be on this roster with Rubio

Is that a 50 win team this year?

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 02:10 PM
What if

PG - Rubio
SG - Lavine
SF - Wiggins
PF - Gibson
C - Towns

Nope. And with the deal they gave Wiggins, it really kills us moving forward. But, at the very least, flexibility remains due to age of roster. Minny was on a ticking clock with their youth, extensions were around the corner, and they had to do something. The Butler trade was a great trade in principle, only now it backfired entirely. The constant in the equations remain the same though-if Wiggins would ever not suck the floor up and be what everyone in the Wolves organization wants him to be, problem solved. But, he won't, he will continue to be way below average, and eat up cap space we could be using on players with a pulse.

The Wolves traded the wrong guy(s) is all. Lavine isn't anything special, but he makes a lot less money and is a better player.

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 02:10 PM
What if

PG - Rubio
SG - Lavine
SF - Wiggins
PF - Gibson
C - Towns

No

Rivera
09-24-2018, 02:14 PM

:nod:

ewing
09-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Rubio is Minnesota's great white hype

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Rubio is Minnesota's great white hype

it was Wally

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 02:25 PM
What if

PG - Rubio
SG - Lavine
SF - Wiggins
PF - Gibson
C - Towns

Are you lost? Here's a link for ya

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?7-MLB

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 02:26 PM

Did he have a procedure done this summer or something?

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 02:29 PM

Did he have a procedure done this summer or something?

they attempted to have his attitude removed. It was unsuccessful.

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Nope. And with the deal they gave Wiggins, it really kills us moving forward. But, at the very least, flexibility remains due to age of roster. Minny was on a ticking clock with their youth, extensions were around the corner, and they had to do something. The Butler trade was a great trade in principle, only now it backfired entirely. The constant in the equations remain the same though-if Wiggins would ever not suck the floor up and be what everyone in the Wolves organization wants him to be, problem solved. But, he won't, he will continue to be way below average, and eat up cap space we could be using on players with a pulse.

The Wolves traded the wrong guy(s) is all. Lavine isn't anything special, but he makes a lot less money and is a better player.

The linked is the type of deal you need to do to unload wigginsÖ Minnie also has the option to swap firsts in 2020

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8avb6zn

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 02:35 PM
The linked is the type of deal you need to do to unload wigginsÖ Minnie also has the option to swap firsts in 2020

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8avb6zn

the machine spit out both sides getting worse haha. Love it

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 02:40 PM
the machine spit out both sides getting worse haha. Love it

no doubt but the years on the deals is the key Ö that and the assumption that mitch and the GOAT continue to be as dumb as they have been for the last decade

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 02:57 PM

This slander will not be acceptable when heís wearing a Heat jersey so get it out while you can!

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 03:04 PM
This slander will not be acceptable when heís wearing a Heat jersey so get it out while you can!

I have immunity due to being a fan of the crappiest team in the league. Suck it up buttercup!

Vinylman
09-24-2018, 03:09 PM

nah... they tried to remove his competitive gene so he could fit in

didn't take

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 03:10 PM
nah... they tried to remove his competitive gene so he could fit in

didn't take

They actually tried to remove a little bit of it, and put it inside Wiggins heart. Wiggins was able to squeeze off a few tweets just before he died.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:14 PM
it wasn't the worst, nope. But it was just another stupid decision in the long list of them. Assigning weight to bad decisions in the Wolves tenure will create new depths of stupidity.

Again, I apologize for bringing up your fanhood, I always thought it was immature for people to do that, and I just did it.

👍 apology accepted

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:22 PM
They actually tried to remove a little bit of it, and put it inside Wiggins heart. Wiggins was able to squeeze off a few tweets just before he died.

😂

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:23 PM
The day Wiggins makes you all believers...what a day that will be

Rivera
09-24-2018, 03:30 PM
4 years into the league over 10,000 min played. When is potential over with and when is you are what you are take over?

dude has been an over hyped player for years

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:33 PM
4 years into the league over 10,000 min played. When is potential over with and when is you are what you are take over?

dude has been an over hyped player for years

Oladipo says hello

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 03:35 PM
Some guys take a little longer. What Iím saying is, he will make the leap...maybe he does it at 25, maybe he does it this year, but he will make the leap.

IndyRealist
09-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Oladipo says hello

Oladipo is the exception not the rule. And there's no guarantee he won't regress.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Oladipo says hello

I already brought this up in the Wolves forum. Oladipo is an extreme outlier.

Wiggins, has played 327 games. Started 327 games. Nearly 12,000 minutes. He has been a primary option since game 30 his rookie year. His age means nothing. In 4 years, he has actually gone backwards.

Wiggins will eventually get some vet tricks, and mature physically. But his ceiling is an average player. For a guy who is about to make $25 million and progressively more the next 3 years, that is just absolutely unacceptable.

Rivera
09-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Oladipo says hello

you still never answered the question

when do we stop banging on the potential drum?

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 04:15 PM

about 5,000 minutes ago

WaDe03
09-24-2018, 04:17 PM
Wiggins is an overglorified Demarre Carroll. Theyíve played basically the same amount of minutes in their careers, go compare their numbers. Carroll was a much better defender too.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 04:34 PM
The day Wiggins makes you all believers...what a day that will be

Ingram > Wiggins

Rivera
09-24-2018, 04:37 PM
Ingram > Wiggins

Lonzo > Wiggins

Wade n Fade
09-24-2018, 04:37 PM
Wiggins and Parker have been disappointments to say the least.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Lonzo > Wiggins

Yes!!!

Rivera
09-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Yes!!!

Jordan Clarkson when he was with the Lakers > Wiggins (too far?)

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 04:50 PM

At 27/28. Although Iím still monitoring Mike Beasley

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Ingram > Wiggins

absolutely. And while I am not ready to say Ingram has all star potential at some point, at least he is trending the right way. That is what is so frustrating about Wiggins. He hasn't improved on a single thing. Not one. In fact, he regressed last year.

The NBA is just a job to Andrew Wiggins. People like that in the real world typically don't get pay raises of 400%.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Jordan Clarkson when he was with the Lakers > Wiggins (too far?)

lmao yea too far, you were right until then

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 04:52 PM
At 27/28. Although Iím still monitoring Mike Beasley

haha, that is awesome.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 04:53 PM
absolutely. And while I am not ready to say Ingram has all star potential at some point, at least he is trending the right way. That is what is so frustrating about Wiggins. He hasn't improved on a single thing. Not one. In fact, he regressed last year.

The NBA is just a job to Andrew Wiggins. People like that in the real world typically don't get pay raises of 400%.

Agreed. This is from Media day today

@LakersReporter
Ingram: ďI donít like video games Ö I really donít do much. I play basketball.Ē

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 04:54 PM
A reporter pushes to ask if Brandon Ingram spends a lot of time off the court, either playing video games or going to the beach, etc, he responds: "Every time you ask me, I tell y'all I don't do much. I play basketball."

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 04:55 PM
I already brought this up in the Wolves forum. Oladipo is an extreme outlier.

Wiggins, has played 327 games. Started 327 games. Nearly 12,000 minutes. He has been a primary option since game 30 his rookie year. His age means nothing. In 4 years, he has actually gone backwards.

Wiggins will eventually get some vet tricks, and mature physically. But his ceiling is an average player. For a guy who is about to make $25 million and progressively more the next 3 years, that is just absolutely unacceptable.

They both have that shy nice guy personality. Once Dipo got pissed and dropped the dopey act he was just consistently good.

Wiggins ceiling is what he has already done with high consistency. For instance...effortlessly dropping 45 on teams and being unstoppable. He has those games 1 a month. We need them once a week.

His ceiling certainly isnít average. Average players donít set team scoring records or drop 45 multiple times by age 22. They just donít. If you can find an example Iíd love to see it.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 04:57 PM
They both have that shy nice guy personality. Once Dipo got pissed and dropped the dopey act he was just consistently good.

Wiggins ceiling is what he has already done with high consistency. For instance...effortlessly dropping 45 on teams and being unstoppable. He has those games 1 a month. We need them once a week.

His ceiling certainly isnít average. Average players donít set team scoring records or drop 45 multiple times by age 22. They just donít. If you can find an example Iíd love to see it.

correct-be well under average for an NBA starter.

We have gone round and round on this brother. Wiggins numbers are a product of the Wolves giving him the ball and giving him an extended green light no other player has ever gotten. No team would give a player as bad as him that much rope. It defines how idiotic our team is. KAT is off the charts efficient, yet he gets 14 shot attempts a game. On those grounds alone, Thib's should be relieved of offensive play calling duties.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2018, 05:04 PM
Oladipo is the exception not the rule. And there's no guarantee he won't regress.

True, but Wiggins actually has more raw talent than Dipo. Itís 100% mental block with Wiggins. I just think his lack of understanding will one day come to an end and boom...heís good...that literally all it is. Just like Dipo. And I know because Iíve seen it from both. Both have shown they can EFFORTLESSLY drop 40 before Dipo became certified. The key word is ďeffortlesslyĒ. Once I see that then I know. Maybe being deebod by Jimmy for a year, leashed and muzzled will wake him up now that heís free again. Itís gonna happen though.

GREATNESS ONE
09-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Wiggins probably sitting in his house playing video games and listening to music

Hawkeye15
09-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Wiggins probably sitting in his house playing video games and listening to music

he is actually at media day with a grin ear to ear for duping the team into giving him $100+ million.