PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy requests a Trade

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Chronz
09-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Of course you would. You're a Clippers fan! Plus, we don't know what the Clippers are going to have to give up to make that duo happen or what that team would even look like next season. Right now, the only pieces on that team of significance in 19-20 are a hobbled, overpaid Gallinari, Lou Will, Montrezl Harrell, maybe Avery Bradley and a bunch of youngsters who would probably be traded in this deal for Kyrie. That squad doesn't exactly scream "championship" does it?

Yes and ur a rockets fan. The only right thing you said was we don't know, it's pretty easy to project tho and that's where we disagree. You keep asking me and I'm telling you yeah, it sounds like a flexible spot capable of going various directions in fa with rights to already good role players. If either of their lotto picks hit their options improve. Masai really liked sga. They'll dump the gallo contract if necessary, that's a **** ton of cap for butler to build and recruit with

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 07:16 PM

Shams says the Heat could be added to the list. Iím starting to believe the local reporters who said the Heat are one of the teams now. My apologies and god bless!

Aleksandar
09-19-2018, 07:44 PM
I think best thing for Minnesota would be if they traded Butler for cap relief. My dream scenario would be trading Butler Wiggins and Dieng for some expiring contracts in a multiple team deal. Throw in Jeff Teague if possible, but he has only two years left, so it's bearable. Dieng and Wiggs have three fricking years left. Of course, fire Thbs immediately.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 07:53 PM
I think best thing for Minnesota would be if they traded Butler for cap relief. My dream scenario would be trading Butler Wiggins and Dieng for some expiring contracts in a multiple team deal. Throw in Jeff Teague if possible, but he has only two years left, so it's bearable. Dieng and Wiggs have three fricking years left. Of course, fire Thbs immediately.

Towns and any picks you all have would have to go to dump all that

More-Than-Most
09-19-2018, 07:54 PM
i think he is a top 20 player and would help any team... giving up saric/cov and a first for him isnt worth esp considering my biggest fear... him playing with embiid. He seems like a dude that wants to win but cant deal with the fun mentality at the same time. Embiid would drive him insane lol

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 07:56 PM
i think he is a top 20 player and would help any team... giving up saric/cov and a first for him isnt worth esp considering my biggest fear... him playing with embiid. He seems like a dude that wants to win but cant deal with the fun mentality at the same time. Embiid would drive him insane lol

Nah Jimmy is a fun guy always clowning around but wants to win first and foremost when he steps in the court, a lot like Embiid so idk if they would clash if theyíre legit contenders. Jimmys top 10, Embiid is more than likely top 15, thatís with Simmons on the come up too and also JJ out there shooting. You all would be raw

Vee-Rex
09-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Need me a thick red bone.

Lol for real

Chronz
09-19-2018, 08:03 PM

Shams says the Heat could be added to the list. Iím starting to believe the local reporters who said the Heat are one of the teams now. My apologies and god bless!

Always put him there in my franchise

Vee-Rex
09-19-2018, 08:06 PM
Lmao youíre a whore just like me :) Iíve had my share of all flavors :nod:

This was one of my goals before I got married.

I'm black but only got to bang black, white, and hispanic girls though. Never got to be with asian or indian. :(

On the bright side, my wife (white) is bisexual and we've joked and had discussions about adding another girl. So I might still be able to accomplish the old dream one day! :laugh2:

Edit: Oh man I can't believe Jimmy Butler requested a trade!

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 08:18 PM
Jimmy wants the Clippers more than anyone per Woj

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Idc I want Riley to swing for the fences, if he leaves then he leaves.

goingfor28
09-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Minnesota's Jimmy Butler is most determined to find a way to the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. The appeal of partnering with a second star - the Clippers have two max contract slots available in summer free agency - is an intriguing scenario for him.
8:16 PM ∑ Sep 19, 2018

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
09-19-2018, 08:33 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Minnesota's Jimmy Butler is most determined to find a way to the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. The appeal of partnering with a second star - the Clippers have two max contract slots available in summer free agency - is an intriguing scenario for him.
8:16 PM ∑ Sep 19, 2018

this is really bad news for the lakers... if he wants to go there then KL would go there before Lakers.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Chronz dick hard as ****

goingfor28
09-19-2018, 08:36 PM
this is really bad news for the lakers... if he wants to go there then KL would go there before Lakers.Good. F the Lakers. I love LeBron, but sadly can't root for him anymore.

bleedprple&gold
09-19-2018, 08:46 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers aren't one of Butler's three preferred destinations after the 29-year-old reportedly asked to be traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves earlier this week. That's because LeBron James' arrival to the Lakers this summer on a four-year contract made the franchise less appealing to Butler, who reportedly yearns to be the top option in a large market, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

That's funny, if I recall correctly, wasn't he already the top option in a major market before in Chicago and he wanted out? Make up your damn mind Jimmy.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 08:50 PM
That's funny, if I recall correctly, wasn't he already the top option in a major market before in Chicago and he wanted out? Make up your damn mind Jimmy.

He didnít want out of Chicago

IndyRealist
09-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Pacers can do Butler and Jeff Teague for Thad Young, Bojan Bodanovic, Cory Joseph and a pick right now. All expiring with replacement players at both positions. No waiting for players to become tradeable.

Minnesota clears salary, gets a pick, and gets to stay competitive with players who will fit better with Wiggins and Towns.

Indiana gets a shot at the Finals in a weak East, a chance to convince Butler to stay, and a starting caliber player to come off their bench (which is a prerequisite for a Finals team). I really like a bench of Teague, Tyreke Evans, Domantas Sabonis, and Kyle O'Quinn.

No shot it happens, but a guy can dream.

More-Than-Most
09-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Nah Jimmy is a fun guy always clowning around but wants to win first and foremost when he steps in the court, a lot like Embiid so idk if they would clash if theyíre legit contenders. Jimmys top 10, Embiid is more than likely top 15, thatís with Simmons on the come up too and also JJ out there shooting. You all would be raw

embiid was a better 2 way player last year :shrug:

R. Johnson#3
09-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Thibs gave away a big chunk of the TWolves future for Jimmy. Now he's going to set the franchise pretty far back. I'd be surprised if he's around for the whole season.

IndyRealist
09-19-2018, 09:05 PM

100% chance "league sources" is Butler's agent.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 09:07 PM
embiid was a better 2 way player last year :shrug:

Based on what? I looked like a month ago at those 2 and Jimmy was the better offensive player, defense I canít remember, and he was a higher impact player than Embiid.

Stunner
09-19-2018, 09:36 PM
https://twitter.com/defpenhoops/status/1042585323363020802?s=21

IKnowHoops
09-19-2018, 09:42 PM
Good. F the Lakers. I love LeBron, but sadly can't root for him anymore.

Readjust. Donít let hate beat love

Stunner
09-19-2018, 09:42 PM

He didnít want out the FO was too dumb to know how to build around him and signed pieces that didnít fit . But Iím happy with the trade still

goingfor28
09-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Readjust. Donít let hate beat loveCan't do it. I'll respect greatness. Shaq and Kobe 3 peat was amazing. Prime Shaq was awesome to watch. But can't root for them to win anything. Ever.

JAZZNC
09-19-2018, 09:59 PM
I really don't think I'd ever want Butler on my team. He just seems like an *******. He's had issues with every locker room. I'd take a pass on him easily.

Jayb587
09-19-2018, 10:46 PM
this is really bad news for the lakers... if he wants to go there then KL would go there before Lakers.

Who shall I blame then. LeBron or magic haha. Ppl turning down playing with the best player in the world to go form these teams that can't beat the warriors. Doesn't make sense to me

Lakers + Giants
09-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Doesnt stop our plan of KD and Lebron. :)

YAALREADYKNO
09-19-2018, 11:10 PM
seems like every year another star is crying about something

ellington19
09-19-2018, 11:30 PM

Wiggins has 5 years left bro, we're stuck with him :speechless:

sharqstealth
09-19-2018, 11:35 PM
Jimmy stay away from the Knicks. Go to the Lakers instead. We don't want you ruining our young core.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2018, 11:51 PM
Jimmy stay away from the Knicks. Go to the Lakers instead. We don't want you ruining our young core.

What young core? ;)

Cracka2HI!
09-20-2018, 12:05 AM
I don't really like it. I would LOVE to have Butler on the Clipps but like the only reason he wants to go to any of these teams is because he thinks they will pay him 5/$190M. I don't think signing a player who might be 15-20th best in the league to a contract like that helps your team. The Clippers just let 2 players just like him go for the same reason. Jimmy is already 29 and has a lot of traits of a head case. I really wouldn't like that contract. I certainly wouldn't trade a lot for him now. Maybe Gallo and Robinson or Tobias straight up. If we can sign him as a free agent, why pay a high price. I think the silly notion that no one wants to play for the Clippers in LA for the richest owner in sports who happens to be very progressive is out the window. We're getting someone. That said if they land Kawhi and Jimmy I ain't going to complain no matter how it happens. It would be a lot cooler if it happened next off-season or on the cheap.

More-Than-Most
09-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Based on what? I looked like a month ago at those 2 and Jimmy was the better offensive player, defense I canít remember, and he was a higher impact player than Embiid.

https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm?sort=DRPM.

Embiid was by far the better defender over butler. You are correct though butler was by far the better Offensive player strictly because of embiid and his turnover issues. Yea because of those turnover issues jimmy butler was the slightly better player... He actually had a better year than even i thought he had.

Once Embiid cuts down them turnovers i doubt it will be close going forward... this year is the first year embiid entered the offseason healthy with an actual offseason workout

More-Than-Most
09-20-2018, 12:29 AM

he is literally the perfect piece to but next to porz and would instantly make the knicks a top 4 seed in the east... I would just wait until free agency if i were the knicks though.

More-Than-Most
09-20-2018, 12:31 AM
Who shall I blame then. LeBron or magic haha. Ppl turning down playing with the best player in the world to go form these teams that can't beat the warriors. Doesn't make sense to me

it does when you look at the history though.. I think its stupid as well and just shows how beta they are... if they were confident in their skills playing with lebron wouldnt scare them but it does... playing with the best in the world basically means if the lakers **** the bed those dudes will get the blame because if a butler goes to the lakers with a lebron/ingram the only team beating them is the warriors unless butler or KL **** the bed in the playoffs...We all know lebron will be amazing so them having to play next to someone so great is intimidating but not playing next to him feels like the easy way out.

Stunner
09-20-2018, 12:34 AM
Lmaoo Thibs gonna mess around and trade Wiggins and his trash brother smh

Stunner
09-20-2018, 12:35 AM
If yíall not on twitter witnessing Stephen Jackson vs the Wiggins I feel bad for you

Stunner
09-20-2018, 12:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180920/bb47deb6c13757b5b14848da115d8257.jpg

Cracka2HI!
09-20-2018, 12:44 AM
If yíall not on twitter witnessing Stephen Jackson vs the Wiggins I feel bad for you

No heart!

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 12:47 AM

Yikes! Wiggins is trash. Get up or shut up. Kid doesnít have that drive.

Jayb587
09-20-2018, 12:57 AM
it does when you look at the history though.. I think its stupid as well and just shows how beta they are... if they were confident in their skills playing with lebron wouldnt scare them but it does... playing with the best in the world basically means if the lakers **** the bed those dudes will get the blame because if a butler goes to the lakers with a lebron/ingram the only team beating them is the warriors unless butler or KL **** the bed in the playoffs...We all know lebron will be amazing so them having to play next to someone so great is intimidating but not playing next to him feels like the easy way out.

Well said

Vinylman
09-20-2018, 08:03 AM
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/yearly/cap/

looks like they will have 40-45m

most of those deals can be easily moved and some will have to go in a butler deal. the reason they have so much is because their young talent is limited and mid lottery guys

Vinylman
09-20-2018, 08:23 AM
if you were to go into our forum, or hell look up my responses concerning the remainder of the Wolves roster, or their history, you know I am as critical as they come. Glen Taylor needs to die or sell. Otherwise we will always suck.

Now, as for Wiggins...he is the biggest waste of talent imagineable. The mere fact that he suckered our front office into a max contract when all we did was bid against ourselves, amazes me to this day, even though I called it 2 years prior to the extension happening.

Towns...is entitled. The guy will be an all NBA fixture, no doubt. But I fear his desire to guard anyone will always hinder him becoming what he thinks he already is.

Butler, is an awesome player. I simply am saying, don't be shocked when a dropoff happens if you ask him to give up the ball and space the floor. You literally just force his weakest parts of his game when you do that. So, if you do sign him, you better give him the damn ball. A lot. His durability is also an issue, but you gladly take the first 2-3 years of a max deal and worry about that later.

Minnesota is a joke. I already know that. Until the team is sold or Taylor croaks, they will continue to be a joke.

so we agree :D

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Toronto with him and Kawhi on the wings. One could only imagine. On a serious note though, Minnesotaís franchise is whack. Sorry Wolves fans

Raptors are stocked in young bench pieces. Heck wished my Bucks would give a call as well. Try and keep a core of Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe,Butler. Trade young pieces like Brogdon, Maker, Brown, DDV, Wilson, Zeller and a future first in 2022 and one of any of Snell, Delly, Henson.

Wolves wanted Snell back when he was with the Bulls. Middleton has a player option and will opt out next summer. Bledsoe UFA and cap projections going up. So Bucks could sign Irving almost $30M+ per. Also have Giannis, Butler and then maybe Irving. Bucks were close to landing Irving before Ainge dangled the Nets pick and IT and Crowder.

Shocked Knicks are on the list. KP wont be back till like Christmas or later. Also Knicks already said they wont give up young talent for Butler when they can sign him next summer. I'm sure Nets may say the same thing. Not sure what Clippers would offer up. Weird how players like Kawhi and now Butler have Clippers as #1 option. When guys like Jordan and CP3 wanted to hit the road.

lakers squad
09-20-2018, 08:31 AM

I think KL is already leaning to going to the Clips or staying with the Raps over the lakers anyway, Its starting to look like the lakers main targets are KD or Klay to me.that has the added benefit of weakening the warrior's!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-20-2018, 08:34 AM

Suns looking for a PG yet. Shocked Teague hasn't been linked to them yet. They called about Lillard, Kemba, Rozier and denied, then set their sites lower as in Dinwiddie and Bev and Joseph.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-20-2018, 08:47 AM
They could certainly trade for him, he can end up where ever they get the best offer from. It just makes it tougher knowing it's just more of likely a rental (tho things do change). The Raps kinda came out of nowhere and took a risk. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Miami does the same.

I wouldn't give up a ton tho

A rental isn't bad. If you dump some contracts you don't want in the mix. Especially if Wolves want rookie contracts back. Chances are there will be one deadbeat salary filler tossed in to get salaries to work. Unless Wolves want another win now vet then guess it doesn't matter.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 09:20 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm?sort=DRPM.

Embiid was by far the better defender over butler. You are correct though butler was by far the better Offensive player strictly because of embiid and his turnover issues. Yea because of those turnover issues jimmy butler was the slightly better player... He actually had a better year than even i thought he had.

Once Embiid cuts down them turnovers i doubt it will be close going forward... this year is the first year embiid entered the offseason healthy with an actual offseason workout

I think his biggest thing he needs to work on is easily shot selection. He settles for hunkers way too much. With his skill set around the basket he should be shooting at a much higher percentage.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 09:23 AM
MTM idk how that stat for defense works but I would assume it factors in rebounding or something due to so many bigs being near the top. I think we can also agree Draymond isnít the 14th best defender and David West isnít top 8.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 09:27 AM
so we agree :D

I think we tend to agree on many things...you can just be abrasive along the way haha

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 09:28 AM
I mean, look no further than the Leonard deal earlier this summer. Meaning, the Wolves can send Butler anywhere that offers them pieces. And as we all know, the NBA has plenty of stupid GM's, or GM's that think they can change a players mind. Take the best deal available and let that team figure out what to do with Butler.

Scoots
09-20-2018, 09:30 AM
I think we tend to agree on many things...you can just be abrasive along the way haha

Really???? Vinyl abrasive? Never!!!

Scoots
09-20-2018, 09:33 AM
I mean, look no further than the Leonard deal earlier this summer. Meaning, the Wolves can send Butler anywhere that offers them pieces. And as we all know, the NBA has plenty of stupid GM's, or GM's that think they can change a players mind. Take the best deal available and let that team figure out what to do with Butler.

It's interesting to me how much the Butler situation seems to mirror Kyrie last year. They both waited until late to demand a trade. Kyrie made it clear he wanted to test free agency, Butler turned down an extension. There was regular debate with both that they were not the best player on their old team. Both said they wanted to go to a team where that team could build around them.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 09:41 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaacm8hs

1 round pick to the Timberwolves in this deal.

Heat:

Kyrie/TJ
Wade/Waiters
Butler/Ellington
Kelly/JJ
Whiteside/Kelly

Celtics:

Dragic/Rozier
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Bam
Horford/Baynes

Timberwolves:

Teague/Rose
JRich/Tyus or Georges-Hunt
Wiggins/Winslow
Taj/Deng
Towns/Dieng

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 09:48 AM
If Jimmy and Kyrie want to be focal points I donít see why they would want to go to LA and play in LeBrons shadow, Iím sure Kyrie doesnít want to do that again.

If thats Jimmys main goal too then he shouldnít be so dead set on playing with Kyrie because while Jimmy is better, people will dick ride Kyrie more because of his flashy play. Also teaming up with Kawhi isnít too smart if you want to be the top guy.

northsider
09-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Watched Jimmy start to finish with Bulls and lord did his demeanor and character slowly take a complete 180 since we drafted the humble quiet kid out of Marquette.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 10:34 AM
Watched Jimmy start to finish with Bulls and lord did his demeanor and character slowly take a complete 180 since we drafted the humble quiet kid out of Marquette.

he aint humble and quiet anymore

Scoots
09-20-2018, 10:57 AM

Exactly what happened with Latrell Sprewell and in the NFL with Terrell Owens. Hard working quiet team first guys who lost their F'n minds.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Steve Mills says the Knicks are open to it but donít want to give any draft assets. Many trans can beat that offer then.

Htownballa1622
09-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Eric Gordon, possibly PJ Tucker a first and young player. Take it Wolves!

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 11:30 AM
Damn, JRich is on a great contract. 4 year/42M for one of the best perimeter defenders in the league who also shoots pretty well. Would love to keep him and get Butler but donít know how to do it.

Rivera
09-20-2018, 11:39 AM
jimmy for evan fournier straight up! Orlando can throw in Justin Jackson and lottery protected first!

Get it done Orlando!

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 11:41 AM
jimmy for evan fournier straight up! Orlando can throw in Justin Jackson and lottery protected first!

Get it done Orlando!

I thought you were a Celtic fan

IndyRealist
09-20-2018, 11:54 AM

Butler's agent doesn't want him on a team with Lebron, because he'll make less in endorsements as long as Lebron is there. This has nothing to do with being "beta". Jimmy's agents wants him in NY or LA, as the #1 of a team. Not that hard to figure out what's going on.

Rivera
09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
I thought you were a Celtic fan

nah im really a magic fan since the shaq/penny days but the nba is the only sport that i dont follow them diehard like my cowboys or red sox. I do like the Celtics and their talent but I also picked the Celtics to lose in the 2nd round to Philly last year

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 12:31 PM
nah im really a magic fan since the shaq/penny days but the nba is the only sport that i dont follow them diehard like my cowboys or red sox. I do like the Celtics and their talent but I also picked the Celtics to lose in the 2nd round to Philly last year

Cowboys, Redsox, Magic? Curious to know where you live.

Rivera
09-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Cowboys, Redsox, Magic? Curious to know where you live.

lived in Mass my entire life until 3 years ago when I moved to Tampa

its pretty easy. First memory of watching football was a thanksgiving game watching the cowboys and fell in love ever since

Mass is a Red Sox state first, loved Mike Greenwell and fell in love ever since

When I was in the 5th grade, thats when I really became a Magic fan. Everyone loved Jordan and I was young and dumb and said F Jordan I love Penny and Shaq and fell in love ever since

I just love basketball as a sport especially in person. I used to go to high school and aau games for fun I love the game. I love football too really the past 10-20 years I got wayy more into it especially the Xs and Os

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 12:47 PM
lived in Mass my entire life until 3 years ago when I moved to Tampa

its pretty easy. First memory of watching football was a thanksgiving game watching the cowboys and fell in love ever since

Mass is a Red Sox state first, loved Mike Greenwell and fell in love ever since

When I was in the 5th grade, thats when I really became a Magic fan. Everyone loved Jordan and I was young and dumb and said F Jordan I love Penny and Shaq and fell in love ever since

I just love basketball as a sport especially in person. I used to go to high school and aau games for fun I love the game. I love football too really the past 10-20 years I got wayy more into it especially the Xs and Os

Nice, yea Iím a Lakers, Raiders, Dodgers fan. Huge sports fan, and really enjoy just watching the game(s).

IKnowHoops
09-20-2018, 01:11 PM
https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/09/19/rumor-jimmy-butler-slept-with-karl-anthony-towns-gf-which-caused-their-breakup-request-for-trade-tweets/

Rumor is Jimmy tapped Karlís girl. It annoys me when teammates do that do that. Jimmy fell off in my book if true. Thatís mental weakness at its best.

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 01:26 PM
https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/09/19/rumor-jimmy-butler-slept-with-karl-anthony-towns-gf-which-caused-their-breakup-request-for-trade-tweets/

Rumor is Jimmy tapped Karlís girl. It annoys me when teammates do that do that. Jimmy fell off in my book if true. Thatís mental weakness at its best.

If thatís true then KAT is a *****. If someone ****ed my girl, I would thank him and drop the *****. Canít make a Ho, a housewife. Fools are SAWFT.

IKnowHoops
09-20-2018, 01:35 PM
If thatís true then KAT is a *****. If someone ****ed my girl, I would thank him and drop the *****. Canít make a Ho, a housewife. Fools are SAWFT.

Canít be teammates with that

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Canít be teammates with that

I can see your point but the girl is a ho

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 01:38 PM
If t wasnít Jimmy, she prob smashing other fools, sucking them off and kissing KAT on the lips when he comes back from road trips.

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 01:40 PM

He not only dropped her (not saying the story is 100% true but it came about because he dropped her) but he also got the Wolves to drop their ***** too it looks like. That in turn might give us the only real chance we have at ever turning things around (cya Thibs).

Towns appears to be taking out the trash all over the place. Now lets lock him up long term and get one thing right.

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 01:44 PM
He not only dropped her (not saying the story is 100% true but it came about because he dropped her) but he also got the Wolves to drop their ***** too it looks like. That in turn might give us the only real chance we have at ever turning things around (cya Thibs).

Towns appears to be taking out the trash all over the place. Now lets lock him up long term and get one thing right.

Yea because right now heís regressing, need to rectify the situation. I would fire Thibs too and send Deng with him.

Trade Jimmy for picks and a player and move forward

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Thibs doesnít want young pieces and draft picks he wants win now pieces is what reports are saying today.

He refuses to take a step back and coach a bad team even if it means losing his job.

Who can send the best win now packages that make sense for both teams?

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Thibs doesnít want young pieces and draft picks he wants win now pieces is what reports are saying today.

He refuses to take a step back and coach a bad team even if it means losing his job.

Well, if thatís the case, theyíre ****ed.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Well, if thatís the case, theyíre ****ed.

Clippers could offer a good package though if theyíre willing.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:04 PM

we don't know that at all. But, the problem when you give a coach GM duties, is they tend to think like a coach. Which is in the now, not the future. So even though you have zero clue what Thib's actual brain is thinking, you likely aren't far off with your guess haha

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:04 PM
James Johnson fits Thibs style perfectly, so does Winslow.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:06 PM
we don't know that at all. But, the problem when you give a coach GM duties, is they tend to think like a coach. Which is in the now, not the future. So even though you have zero clue what Thib's actual brain is thinking, you likely aren't far off with your guess haha

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Yea because right now heís regressing, need to rectify the situation. I would fire Thibs too and send Deng with him.

Trade Jimmy for picks and a player and move forward

Yup move on from Jimmy/Thibs now and get the best package (not consisting of old vets) you can. Pick and solid player probably sounds right

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Yup move on from Jimmy/Thibs now and get the best package (not consisting of old vets) you can. Pick and solid player probably sounds right

James Johnson, Justice, and a 1st. Do you say no? 2 solid players with Winslow likely to be extended on a good deal and a 1st.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:13 PM

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 02:13 PM
James Johnson, Justice, and a 1st. Do you say no? 2 solid players with Winslow likely to be extended on a good deal and a 1st.

I don't jump on it and search for better but at some point maybe. I have no idea what his value will be or how many teams will put in real offers. I obviously hope for a bit more than that but it seems realistic tbh.

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 02:14 PM

Ya we definitely need to ask everyone before deciding, best offer takes him.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Looks like the Suns and Nuggets are interested.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:16 PM

duh

who gives a **** where Jimmy wants to go. Send him to any team giving you the best deal and let them deal with him

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:17 PM
I don't jump on it and search for better but at some point maybe. I have no idea what his value will be or how many teams will put in real offers. I obviously hope for a bit more than that but it seems realistic tbh.

I bet if Miami trades for him it included JRich. Unfortunate for them because they would be a perfect fit on the wings and a defensive nightmare.

mngopher35
My opinions are basically the opposite of consensus from the start on butler (and thibs about 2 months in, I was excited to start). Everything is crashing down on the Wolves and yet I feel like we are about to finally be free from our real issue (Thibs).

Please let him go. Please

WaDe03
duh

who gives a **** where Jimmy wants to go. Send him to any team giving you the best deal and let them deal with him

I agree, Iím not sure why guys list teams they want.

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Looks like the Suns and Nuggets are interested.

who said this? That would be a great start if either is serious and jumps in

R. Johnson#3
09-20-2018, 02:23 PM

The fact that these posts are basically right after each other is hilarious.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:24 PM
who said this? That would be a great start if either is serious and jumps in

In the article I linked

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:24 PM
I agree, Iím not sure why guys list teams they want.

Because it's giving their current team a chance to recoup assets. Butler could just stay quiet and leave in FA, and leave the Wolves with nothing. It's a very long standing act that athletes will do to "help" their current team not get totally effed. But, in the day and age of social media and communication galore, it really hampers the benefits to some degree, because EVERY team knows his intentions now.

tredigs
09-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Doesnt stop our plan of KD and Lebron. :)

Bron, KD and the Ball family in LA would be so amazing. They would be the most hated group in NBA history.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:26 PM

Tried to give it a mix of both to make Thibs happy as well as the owner. You have an established hard nosed defensive minded vet in James Johnson, a younger version of that in Winslow, and a 1st to make the owner happy. So 2 solid win now players who fit in Thibs desired system and a pick.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Because it's giving their current team a chance to recoup assets. Butler could just stay quiet and leave in FA, and leave the Wolves with nothing. It's a very long standing act that athletes will do to "help" their current team not get totally effed. But, in the day and age of social media and communication galore, it really hampers the benefits to some degree, because EVERY team knows his intentions now.

Yea I understand that but he might as well just say he wants and trade and thatís it instead of throwing the teams out there he wants to go to. This isnít free agency so idk why they think they have a choice of where theyíll go. Unless they think the teams they list will offer more assets so they for sure get him and he gets to go where he wants. So far not case for these guys though.

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Bron, KD and the Ball family in LA would be so amazing. They would be the most hated group in NBA history.

:)

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Yea I understand that but he might as well just say he wants and trade and thatís it instead of throwing the teams out there he wants to go to. This isnít free agency so idk why they think they have a choice of where theyíll go. Unless they think the teams they list will offer more assets so they for sure get him and he gets to go where he wants. So far not case for these guys though.

I just told you why haha.

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Ai

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:35 PM
I just told you why haha.

Maybe Iím misunderstanding then, the way I read your post says youíre telling me guys ask for trades to not hurt their current team as bad as if they just left. Not why they list the certain teams they want to go to when it doesnít matter.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:35 PM

Donít start with me, youíve been a good boy lately.

ewing
09-20-2018, 02:39 PM
I hate NBA fans today. Wolves fans are happy about this and want a package in return that will make them suck again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Maybe Iím misunderstanding then, the way I read your post says youíre telling me guys ask for trades to not hurt their current team as bad as if they just left. Not why they list the certain teams they want to go to when it doesnít matter.

They list those teams because of their intent. Those are the teams they wish to go to. The player knows full well the team might just say, "eff you" and trade them anywhere they like. But a team respects a player telling them they will leave, might as well get something for me, versus just leaving them high and dry. Kind of a two way thing that has no written rules.

If Butler says, "trade me", and knows he will only sign with 3 teams but doesn't share it, he basically eliminates 90% of the league that will allow him to make a ton of extra money. In this case, he is at least trying to get to the team(s) that he knows offer more money.

Long story short, its, "I don't want to be here, but want to give you the opportunity to get assets for me, so try and send me to one of the teams on my wishlist". Sure it doesn't work out that way most of the time, but it's worth the effort.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 02:41 PM
I hate NBA fans today. Wolves fans are happy about this and want a package in return that will make them sick again?

Happy? Nah

Thib's came in and gutted a young roster and signed a bunch of ex-Bulls. it got us to the playoffs, which is great. It is. But he killed out long term potential to win now. He brought in a player that has no interest in being there. So what do you suggest we do? Keep him and try and convince him to stay?

Tell me, are the Wolves in a better spot today than they were 2 years ago?

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:45 PM
They list those teams because of their intent. Those are the teams they wish to go to. The player knows full well the team might just say, "eff you" and trade them anywhere they like. But a team respects a player telling them they will leave, might as well get something for me, versus just leaving them high and dry. Kind of a two way thing that has no written rules.

If Butler says, "trade me", and knows he will only sign with 3 teams but doesn't share it, he basically eliminates 90% of the league that will allow him to make a ton of extra money. In this case, he is at least trying to get to the team(s) that he knows offer more money.

Long story short, its, "I don't want to be here, but want to give you the opportunity to get assets for me, so try and send me to one of the teams on my wishlist". Sure it doesn't work out that way most of the time, but it's worth the effort.

I see now, thanks

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:49 PM
I mean if he wants win now goes only well throw dragic Whiteside and Winslow for butler Teague and Taj and they can run with a starting unit of:

Dragic
Wiggins
Winslow
Towns
Whiteside

Or we could just do Dragic James Johnson Winslow for Teague and Butler and they run out a lineup of:

Dragic
Wiggins
Winslow
JJ/Taj
Towns

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Never liked Thibs and his style though and heís obviously bad at making roster moves.

mngopher35
09-20-2018, 03:22 PM
I hate NBA fans today. Wolves fans are happy about this and want a package in return that will make them sick again?

I am happy that instead of holding him until he walks next year then maybe giving thibs more time since he made playoffs year before with jimmy etc. we can hopefully be rid of the biggest issue for our organization over the past couple years: Thibs

His coaching was poor (didn't even improve a young core from Sam Mitchell coaching), his decision making was completely short term and not well thought out for current NBA, all in on assets approach wasn't that effective anyways, constantly sticking with only his way (rotations, system, players all the way through he doesn't adapt to anything). So much more but the point is I am happy we might actually have a chance at getting someone else in charge for sure.

Jamiecballer
09-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Starting to feel like this might be the end of days for Lowry in Toronto. Seems like a good fit for Thibs, and it turns Masai's big gamble into a monster gamble with potential for a monster payoff. Not to mention the Raptors have a backup who looks like he could be a solid starting point guard NOW

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Rivera
09-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Starting to feel like this might be the end of days for Lowry in Toronto. Seems like a good fit for Thibs, and it turns Masai's big gamble into a monster gamble with potential for a monster payoff. Not to mention the Raptors have a backup who looks like he could be a solid starting point guard NOW

they would need to throw in lowry to make it work. i tried the trade machine and its near impossible to make a trade to match salaries for butler, if it did work i would give siakam and OG in a heartbeat for Jimmy Butler and go all in this year. but its super hard to make a trade to match

ewing
09-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Happy? Nah

Thib's came in and gutted a young roster and signed a bunch of ex-Bulls. it got us to the playoffs, which is great. It is. But he killed out long term potential to win now. He brought in a player that has no interest in being there. So what do you suggest we do? Keep him and try and convince him to stay?

Tell me, are the Wolves in a better spot today than they were 2 years ago?
They are in a better spot now then 2 years ago.
Iíd be trying to get Butler to stay. They were a very good team last year. Itís like teams are so scared of the Warriors and see everything but a title as a failure that they pack it in the second they face adversity

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Iíd be trying to get Butler to stay. They were a very good team last year. Itís like teams are so scared of the Warriors and see everything but a title as a failure that they pack it in the second they face adversity

he has asked for a trade. Meaning, he clearly said he isn't staying. Why would you keep him around?

Nobody is beating the Warriors. Meaning, cashing in chips to be a middle of the pack playoff team is fine, if that is what you want. I was fine with the trade to acquire Butler, because my patience was worn thin. But it's even more worn thin now, I hate Thib's style, and level of control.

He shipped off 2 young players and a pick that ended up being another good young player, and traded a fan favorite, underrated Rubio for Jeff fkin Teague. He drafted a guy who keeps breaking his feet. Thib's is so short sighted it's crazy. On top of that, he refuses to update his offense/defense to modern times.

Flip is rolling over in his grave. It took Thib's 2 years to deconstruct a roster with potential and help create toxicity.

Butler, is clearly a very difficult teammate day to day. He is great, but he clearly doesn't want to be on the Wolves, so goodbye.

Saw your edit-uh, no, they are not in a better spot than 2 years ago. Wiggins is about to make $25 million, Towns hasn't re-signed, Butler wants out, our coach is building the Bulls roster over again except they are all 40, and we have 5 days until the season starts. I love ya ewing, but I hope you get Butler and Kyrie, a couple of your favorite players, and you can see just how awesome they really are. Butler is a great player, but gets hurt, and clearly is difficult to deal with. Kyrie you can have.

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Only way someone is beating the Warriors is if LeBron goes to a team like the Rockets or Celtics and plays team basketball.

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 05:09 PM

What illiterate garbage is this?

How can anyone read run on illiterate, misspellings? I feel like every NBA player grabs a keyboard and ****s a trailer park chick on it and hits send in a vein attempt to try to **** talk.

NBA players have to be the lowest IQ athletes in the world.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 05:20 PM

How can anyone read run on illiterate, misspellings? I feel like every NBA player grabs a keyboard and ****s a trailer park chick on it and hits send in a vein attempt to try to **** talk.

for the most part, yes. Most come from urban areas, meaning poor education, and unlike football, where you are forced to stay in college for 2-3 years, NBA players are basically kids when they enter the league.

wanna know the best part? He has made $70 million and counting....

YAALREADYKNO
09-20-2018, 05:20 PM

It got petty real quick lmao

NYKnickFanatic
09-20-2018, 05:22 PM

"I see your google doesn't work. What NBA you played in again? What championship do you have? Oh my bad, your brother made it. Truth hurts. You suck too, clown. Respect it or check it. I'm not hard to find. Get off my page. Retirement is great, thanks for asking. I'm on TV more than your brother."

Wasn't that hard to read. At least he used "than" properly. :p

YAALREADYKNO
09-20-2018, 05:24 PM
for the most part, yes. Most come from urban areas, meaning poor education, and unlike football, where you are forced to stay in college for 2-3 years, NBA players are basically kids when they enter the league.

And heís a rapper with marquis daniels lmao

https://youtu.be/W6oTLAAX8hQ

Rivera
09-20-2018, 05:47 PM
"I see your google doesn't work. What NBA you played in again? What championship do you have? Oh my bad, your brother made it. Truth hurts. You suck too, clown. Respect it or check it. I'm not hard to find. Get off my page. Retirement is great, thanks for asking. I'm on TV more than your brother."

Wasn't that hard to read. At least he used "than" properly. :p

this, it really wasnt that hard to read lol

IndyRealist
09-20-2018, 05:52 PM

If you were told in 6th grade that you never had to study because you are tall and good at dribbling and shooting, and that you'd become a millionaire doing it, would you ever study again? For many of these guys, basketball is their route to get their entire family out of poverty. That's what they spent their childhood working on.

Don't confuse lack of education for lack of intelligence.

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 05:57 PM

So is Thibs not accepting trade calls right now or something?

WaDe03
09-20-2018, 05:59 PM
If you were told in 6th grade that you never had to study because you are tall and good at dribbling and shooting, and that you'd become a millionaire doing it, would you ever study again? For many of these guys, basketball is their route to get their entire family out of poverty. That's what they spent their childhood working on.

This, some of the richest people I know didnít go to college.

aman_13
09-20-2018, 06:02 PM
So we live in a world where you can threaten someone publicly and then go to work the next day and give opinions on ESPN and FS1 like nothing happened.

What happened to professionalism?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Cal827
09-20-2018, 07:13 PM
So we live in a world where you can threaten someone publicly and then go to work the next day and give opinions on ESPN and FS1 like nothing happened.

Just like Butler's integrity and politics these days, out the window... on fire... into the lap of a bear.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2018, 07:24 PM
And heís a rapper with marquis daniels lmao

https://youtu.be/W6oTLAAX8hQ

I love Jax

Jamiecballer
09-20-2018, 08:18 PM
they would need to throw in lowry to make it work. i tried the trade machine and its near impossible to make a trade to match salaries for butler, if it did work i would give siakam and OG in a heartbeat for Jimmy Butler and go all in this year. but its super hard to make a trade to matchI just cant justify that deal you mentioned. There has to be something left to rebuild with if they both hightail it out of town.

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 08:42 PM

It's also a lack of intelligence. The constant **** talking and stirring drama up like they are on Vanderpump Rules or something.

You don't have to get an education to learn how to type and spell and create sentences lol. Just reading throughout your lifetime you can learn all of that.

I just get a headache seeing the stuff NBA players post and type.

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 08:45 PM
this, it really wasnt that hard to read lol

It's not that you can't read it, it's that it's just a barrage of two word sentences (not even sentences) in an attempt to **** talk a nobody.

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 08:47 PM

It doesn't need to exist in the NBA ;)

Jamiecballer
09-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Bah that's hardly a threat people

Jeffy25
09-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Bah that's hardly a threat people

Agreed, it's just childish **** talk from an incoherent, uneducated fool to a nobody for absolutely no reason :)

Makes him look dumber than the person he is saying it to.

specialiststeve
09-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Some interesting thoughts out there! Don't see the Wolves doing anything unless they get a good deal. No reason to get junk... if anything he plays the year out ... and loses about 40 million if he chooses to go elsewhere. Wolves then have space to pick up replacement.... likely not as good but at least would have another year to teach the Pups how to win...

IndyRealist
09-20-2018, 09:41 PM
It's also a lack of intelligence. The constant **** talking and stirring drama up like they are on Vanderpump Rules or something.

You don't have to get an education to learn how to type and spell and create sentences lol. Just reading throughout your lifetime you can learn all of that.

I've run a bar, and I've worked in offices and in a hospital. In all work environments, people stir up drama, sleep with each other's BFs, etc. This is not isolated to basketball players. They're just rich and famous, so everyone's looking at them.

You DO get an education to learn to type and spell and create sentences. You just did it in elementary school and middle school, at the time these guys were learning motion offenses and practicing crossovers.

Does the American athletic system do a disservice to these guys and fail to prepare them with basic life skills? Absolutely. Does that make them stupid? Not at all. You're literally only seeing the most superficial, inconsequential social media posts and judging their intelligence by it.

Let's not forget the NASA intern that posted "Suck my d*** and balls I'm working at NASA".
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/twitter-insult-nsc/

Is she unintelligent because she's crude and unprofessional on twitter? Or is it that social media is a platform where people speak informally as they would with friends? You can't even get PSDers to f'ing spellcheck.

Scoots
09-20-2018, 10:53 PM

No. Intelligence has nothing to do with grammar, or how you choose to communicate, or typing, or spelling, or sentence creation. They CHOOSE to not conform to your standards. That may make them annoying to you, but it does not make them less intelligent.

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2018, 11:02 PM
:laugh2:

ewing
09-20-2018, 11:19 PM
he has asked for a trade. Meaning, he clearly said he isn't staying. Why would you keep him around?

Nobody is beating the Warriors. Meaning, cashing in chips to be a middle of the pack playoff team is fine, if that is what you want. I was fine with the trade to acquire Butler, because my patience was worn thin. But it's even more worn thin now, I hate Thib's style, and level of control.

He shipped off 2 young players and a pick that ended up being another good young player, and traded a fan favorite, underrated Rubio for Jeff fkin Teague. He drafted a guy who keeps breaking his feet. Thib's is so short sighted it's crazy. On top of that, he refuses to update his offense/defense to modern times.

Flip is rolling over in his grave. It took Thib's 2 years to deconstruct a roster with potential and help create toxicity.

Butler, is clearly a very difficult teammate day to day. He is great, but he clearly doesn't want to be on the Wolves, so goodbye.

Saw your edit-uh, no, they are not in a better spot than 2 years ago. Wiggins is about to make $25 million, Towns hasn't re-signed, Butler wants out, our coach is building the Bulls roster over again except they are all 40, and we have 5 days until the season starts. I love ya ewing, but I hope you get Butler and Kyrie, a couple of your favorite players, and you can see just how awesome they really are. Butler is a great player, but gets hurt, and clearly is difficult to deal with. Kyrie you can have.

Cause you just won 47 games with significant injury issues, Bc Karl Towns is 22, bc Jimmy Butler is a legit star, bc you can still trade him later. Try to keep it together if you can and tell Karl Towns start being a superstar.

specialiststeve
09-20-2018, 11:44 PM
Cause you just won 47 games with significant injury issues, Bc Karl Towns is 22, bc Jimmy Butler is a legit star, bc you can still trade him later. Try to keep it together if you can and tell Karl Towns start being a superstar.

Am a bit of a lone voice in Wolves forum but Tib's gave MN its first winning season in forever.... How was he to know Butler was going to bail... hell just helped take them to the playoffs with a young core. This upcoming season should (have) be better. Everyone in our Forum wanted to give away Rubio who was AWFUL for the wolves and then when he plays better it is What did Tib's do? Teague was good not great as many wanted but getting used to Tib's slow down game is tough! Losses over the years have warped most Wolves fans who don't know how to deal with success. Tib's is a tough - hardnosed - hardass.... oldschool coach. Young guys don't like as not pampered like AAU and college. But wins.... burns players out.... but wins... am glad he is the Wolves coach and am looking forward to seeing them get after it again... with or without Butler.

ewing
09-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Am a bit of a lone voice in Wolves forum but Tib's gave MN its first winning season in forever.... How was he to know Butler was going to bail... hell just helped take them to the playoffs with a young core. This upcoming season should (have) be better. Everyone in our Forum wanted to give away Rubio who was AWFUL for the wolves and then when he plays better it is What did Tib's do? Teague was good not great as many wanted but getting used to Tib's slow down game is tough! Losses over the years have warped most Wolves fans who don't know how to deal with success. Tib's is a tough - hardnosed - hardass.... oldschool coach. Young guys don't like as not pampered like AAU and college. But wins.... burns players out.... but wins... am glad he is the Wolves coach and am looking forward to seeing them get after it again... with or without Butler.

Rubio was no star with the Jazz either. I know he had a good playoff game but he was still a 13 and 5 guy that cant shoot. I loved Ricky when he got drafted to but itís been what 8 years? Heís not very good. On the other hand Towlves fans seem to be giving up on the guys under 25.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 12:29 AM
If t wasnít Jimmy, she prob smashing other fools, sucking them off and kissing KAT on the lips when he comes back from road trips.

Got nothin to do with her. Your teamate,the one you trust, canít be the slimy mofo who snuck around your back to bang ur girl. Donít care if 1000 people hit. Your homie/teamate needs to spit in her face if she comes at him. He probably pursued her.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 12:38 AM
No. Intelligence has nothing to do with grammar, or how you choose to communicate, or typing, or spelling, or sentence creation. They CHOOSE to not conform to your standards. That may make them annoying to you, but it does not make them less intelligent.

Intelligence is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Speaking and spelling coherently would apply.

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 01:21 AM
Got nothin to do with her. Your teamate,the one you trust, canít be the slimy mofo who snuck around your back to bang ur girl. Donít care if 1000 people hit. Your homie/teamate needs to spit in her face if she comes at him. He probably pursued her.

He probably just showed her the dick?

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 01:22 AM
I hope he gets to NYK.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 01:25 AM
Tried to give it a mix of both to make Thibs happy as well as the owner. You have an established hard nosed defensive minded vet in James Johnson, a younger version of that in Winslow, and a 1st to make the owner happy. So 2 solid win now players who fit in Thibs desired system and a pick.

Get that trash outta here lol. I have a feeling Iím gonna be saying that to you a lot moving forward friend!

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 02:00 AM

Yeah, Iím sure if Wolves fans, could get bac Dunn, Lavigne and Markennen got Butler ďthey jumps in itĒ

Huge props to anyone who can name where that quote is from.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 02:03 AM

Stephen Jackson doing better for himself than I thought😁

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 09:20 AM

Butler doesn't want to be there. Players run the league. That is that.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Get that trash outta here lol. I have a feeling Iím gonna be saying that to you a lot moving forward friend!

A true Minnesota fan said it wasnít too bad but yea Iím being selfish trying to keep JRich. I bet if LeBron was playing with the guys I mentioned youíd be hyping them up though 🧐. Iím sure Iíll be saying it to you as well neighbor!

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 09:23 AM

interesting. I made this exact statement in the politics forum, and was crushed by the liberals here. While I absolutely agree, let's not pretend Jax is intelligent. He isn't. He couldn't even get into a major college because he was academically ineligible, and that is after Oak Hill took him in for a year. But, you don't need to be to put the ball in a hoop.

NBA players go broke at an insane rate. We all know the biggest contributor to the lack of education for NBA/NFL athletes is they come from poor educated areas to begin with. That is an entire other topic, and one that I am pretty liberal on myself (when it comes to education). However, it doesn't change the fact, that spelling words like he did here, will immediately make people judge you as an idiot. And rightly so.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Rubio was no star with the Jazz either. I know he had a good playoff game but he was still a 13 and 5 guy that cant shoot. I loved Ricky when he got drafted to but itís been what 8 years? Heís not very good. On the other hand Towlves fans seem to be giving up on the guys under 25.

Rubio has gone from overrated as a youngster to totally underrated as a vet. Crazy

The dude isn't an all star, but he is easily in the top half of NBA starting PG's, his defense is elite, he rebounds as well as anyone this side of Westy for a PG, and is the best passer the game has seen since Magic. But yep, his scoring is a problem. Sure he has reached a level that doesn't make you puke when it comes to scoring, but it has always stopped him from being an all star level player.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 09:28 AM

sure. But understanding people will discard any and every point you are attempting to make because you can't spell two consecutive words correctly should be obvious.

I am going to start firing off work e-mails with ridiculous spelling, and see how far that gets me.

ewing
09-21-2018, 10:14 AM
Butler doesn't want to be there. Players run the league. That is that.

LMA said the same thing before the season. If itís done itís done but if there is a chance of making it work still Iíd be trying. No offense but your fan seems a little to excited to go back to sucking

Rivera
09-21-2018, 10:19 AM
I just cant justify that deal you mentioned. There has to be something left to rebuild with if they both hightail it out of town.

it depends on what you want

if there was a way to keep lowry but give up OG and Siakam for butler and run with a lineup of Lowry/Butler/Leonard/Ibaka/JV to give you the best championship odds (even if its for 1 year)

or

continue to be teased that you are contenders and continue to have great success and continue to be tortured and let down of the playoffs

which would you chose? and those are the decisions FO has to make that are super tough. Go all in for possibly 1 year and give you the best chance to win a title or continue to try to win with what you have and build for the future at the same time

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 10:27 AM
LMA said the same thing before the season. If itís done itís done but if there is a chance of making it work still Iíd be trying. No offense but your fan seems a little to excited to go back to sucking

for me personally, I don't like watching Thib's teams. I could explain why in detail, but i don't care enough.

Nothing wrong with being the Wizards. But if that is our best case scenario (it is), than we cashed in our chips too soon. Having a coach who also handles FO decisions is ridiculous. We can't fire the owner.

When Thib's traded Dunn, Lavine, and what ended up being Markannan, for Butler, it was a great trade for the Wolves at the time. Now I would give anything to take that trade back. But, here we stand instead. 4 days from training camp, a star who doesn't want to be here and will now be a relentless distraction, another young star who hasn't re-signed yet, and a fan base who is shaking their heads yet again at the dysfunction this franchise turns out year by year.

You should have seen the "support" the team got last year. Nobody wants to watch Thib's grind guys away and play the game like it's 1993. Nobody is stupid enough to buy into the jump anyone could have taken when you cash in a bunch of young players and a pick to get a disgruntled star. That is ****ing easy to do. Even if they keep Butler, you are now cap strapped forever, with not much upside.

Again, being the Wiz is fun if you like winning 50 games and being eliminated early. But in team sports, if you aren't contending, you are better off sucking.

IKnowHoops
09-21-2018, 10:29 AM
A true Minnesota fan said it wasnít too bad but yea Iím being selfish trying to keep JRich. I bet if LeBron was playing with the guys I mentioned youíd be hyping them up though 🧐. Iím sure Iíll be saying it to you as well neighbor!

Saying what?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2018, 10:32 AM

There was another article mentioning Butler would prefer a trade to Clippers. Then Kawhi #1 destination is Clippers. Curious what it takes for the Clippers to land Butler in a trade. Tobias and a pick or a bunch of pieces like Lou, Bev and Harrell? Butler's list is Clippers, Knicks, Nets.

Wonder if any mystery teams come out of no where kinda like Thunder did with PG13. A few here posted Heat may try and get Butler now. Not so sure Wolves would want Whiteside as the main piece though since they got pending extension for KAT and that big contract in Dieng yet.

Raptors? 76ers? Heat? Bucks? Pacers? Hornets? Heck Ainge could put that rumor of Irving,Butler pairing up elsewhere to bed as well. Ainge could give up Rozier and a pick and Morris and other salary fillers and have a starting line up with 3 wings for small ball death line up Irving, Butler, Brown, Tatum, Horford. Suns? They seem to be wanting to win now and giving up on tanking since they signed Ariza and traded for Anderson.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Towns is soft, canít stand him. I get pissed every time I watch him play just watching him move around and ***** all game.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Saying what?

Get that trash outta here!!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2018, 10:40 AM

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Get that trash outta here!!!

Butler is an awesome player, but his unrelenting personality is not easy to deal with on a daily basis. it will rub some guys the wrong way. Winning cures almost everything, if you took Draymond Green and put him on a bad team, I guarantee he would have a lot of teammates that would despise him.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 10:42 AM

I would love to watch Thib's refuse to trade Butler, and for the ship to go down this season.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 11:01 AM
interesting. I made this exact statement in the politics forum, and was crushed by the liberals here. While I absolutely agree, let's not pretend Jax is intelligent. He isn't. He couldn't even get into a major college because he was academically ineligible, and that is after Oak Hill took him in for a year. But, you don't need to be to put the ball in a hoop.

NBA players go broke at an insane rate. We all know the biggest contributor to the lack of education for NBA/NFL athletes is they come from poor educated areas to begin with. That is an entire other topic, and one that I am pretty liberal on myself (when it comes to education). However, it doesn't change the fact, that spelling words like he did here, will immediately make people judge you as an idiot. And rightly so.

Politics is less rational than sports fandom, and fan is short for fanatic. One of the smartest people I know is a gun toting, pickup truck driving, white guy who never went to college. You'd easily call him a thug if you only judged his speech and clothes, instead of actually listening to what he has to say. His speech and education is a product of where he comes from, not who he is. When you're a kid you're at the mercy of the adults around you. If they tell you to study your grammar, you're studying grammar. If they tell you to practice your crossover, you're not going to be studying grammar.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Butler is an awesome player, but his unrelenting personality is not easy to deal with on a daily basis. it will rub some guys the wrong way. Winning cures almost everything, if you took Draymond Green and put him on a bad team, I guarantee he would have a lot of teammates that would despise him.

Yea without a doubt, I bet Green currently does even while winning.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Politics is less rational than sports fandom, and fan is short for fanatic. One of the smartest people I know is a gun toting, pickup truck driving, white guy who never went to college. You'd easily call him a thug if you only judged his speech and clothes, instead of actually listening to what he has to say. His speech and education is a product of where he comes from, not who he is. When you're a kid you're at the mercy of the adults around you. If they tell you to study your grammar, you're studying grammar. If they tell you to practice your crossover, you're not going to be studying grammar.

I agree. But don't be surprised when nobody takes you seriously with a first impression of ignorance.

Again, I was picked apart in the politics forum for saying education doesn't equate to intelligence.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Yea without a doubt, I bet Green currently does even while winning.

oh yeah. I guess I meant its way easier to take when you are winning chips haha. Put Green on a developing team, and the young guys probably want to kill him.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 11:24 AM
I agree. But don't be surprised when nobody takes you seriously with a first impression of ignorance.

Again, I was picked apart in the politics forum for saying education doesn't equate to intelligence.

We have a succinct word for that. Prejudice.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 11:28 AM
We have a succinct word for that. Prejudice.

would you continue reading a resume that has grammatical errors galore?

We can call it what we want, but in the professional world, there are certain minimums expected. Spelling and basic grammar is one of them. Fortunately, Jax was really tall and athletic, and played basketball well. So I am not concerned with him. Clearly we have millions of people in his same educational scenario, without the gifts he was given. For all sorts of reasons, we continue to ignore the poor, uneducated population and tell them to just "work harder". I understand where the issues sit. I am simply saying that when you do send out a tweet that appears to be written by a 7 year old, expect for it to be pointed out.

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 11:32 AM
I've run a bar, and I've worked in offices and in a hospital. In all work environments, people stir up drama, sleep with each other's BFs, etc. This is not isolated to basketball players. They're just rich and famous, so everyone's looking at them.

You DO get an education to learn to type and spell and create sentences. You just did it in elementary school and middle school, at the time these guys were learning motion offenses and practicing crossovers.

Does the American athletic system do a disservice to these guys and fail to prepare them with basic life skills? Absolutely. Does that make them stupid? Not at all. You're literally only seeing the most superficial, inconsequential social media posts and judging their intelligence by it.

Let's not forget the NASA intern that posted "Suck my d*** and balls I'm working at NASA".
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/twitter-insult-nsc/

Is she unintelligent because she's crude and unprofessional on twitter? Or is it that social media is a platform where people speak informally as they would with friends? You can't even get PSDers to f'ing spellcheck.#Mancrush

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:32 AM

What the hell, this isnít going to turn out good lol.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:35 AM

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:36 AM
I bet they donít keep him. That would be a bad environment, especially after all the social media beef lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Yeah the WOJ tweet was a bit odd. So Thibs wants to keep Butler? Doubt KAT and Wiggins would like that. Then Thibs trading Kat and Wiggins?

Jamiecballer
09-21-2018, 11:38 AM
it depends on what you want

if there was a way to keep lowry but give up OG and Siakam for butler and run with a lineup of Lowry/Butler/Leonard/Ibaka/JV to give you the best championship odds (even if its for 1 year)

or

continue to be teased that you are contenders and continue to have great success and continue to be tortured and let down of the playoffs

which would you chose? and those are the decisions FO has to make that are super tough. Go all in for possibly 1 year and give you the best chance to win a title or continue to try to win with what you have and build for the future at the same time I hear you. There is too much intriguing upside in our kids to take so much risk. Demar is gone. The glass ceiling has been lifted.

kdspurman
09-21-2018, 11:39 AM
I bet they donít keep him. That would be a bad environment, especially after all the social media beef lol

Yea I don't see how they could keep him. Maybe they try and move someone else? 0_o

Media day for the Wolves is Monday, that should be interesting.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 11:41 AM
I would love to watch Thib's refuse to trade Butler, and for the ship to go down this season.

doubling down on this. Nothing would make me happier than Thib's just refusing to trade Butler. Like a child protesting bed time. This season would be AMAZING

kdspurman
09-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Tho the Spurs shut down calls re: Kawhi early on too, and things changed. They of course didn't have this short amount of time that the Wolves do before the season starts.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Yea I don't see how they could keep him. Maybe they try and move someone else? 0_o

Kat to Celtics? Butler gets his buddy Irving? Yeah more salary filler has to be added with KAT. But Wolves will have to find a taker for Wiggins yet.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 11:51 AM

We can call it what we want, but in the professional world, there are certain minimums expected. Spelling and basic grammar is one of them. Fortunately, Jax was really tall and athletic, and played basketball well. So I am not concerned with him. Clearly we have millions of people in his same educational scenario, without the gifts he was given. For all sorts of reasons, we continue to ignore the poor, uneducated population and tell them to just "work harder". I understand where the issues sit. I am simply saying that when you do send out a tweet that appears to be written by a 7 year old, expect for it to be pointed out.

A tweet is not a resume.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:53 AM

Idk about that lol, hard to back trading Towns instead due to his age and surely no one will take Wiggins contract.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 11:55 AM
A tweet is not a resume.

But to answer the question, it depends on the job. If it's a resume for a forklift driver, and he has his certification and 20 years experience and a dozen letters of recommendation from his bosses, then yes I would read it. Grammar is not a requirement for a lot of jobs, basketball among them.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 11:56 AM
A tweet is not a resume.

doesn't change the fact he comes off entirely dumb with a tweet like that. I get you want to protect any and every person that may not have had an education, but Jax looks far from intelligent in this case. Again, not that it matters, he has made CEO of a Fortune 500 company money already, at age 40.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 11:57 AM
doesn't change the fact he comes off entirely dumb with a tweet like that. I get you want to protect any and every person that may not have had an education, but Jax looks far from intelligent in this case. Again, not that it matters, he has made CEO of a Fortune 500 company money already, at age 40.

So does the NASA intern. It doesn't make her ACTUALLY dumb though.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 11:57 AM
The owner will step in and make something get done.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 12:01 PM

I suppose twitter is a world I don't understand man. never been on it, likely never will be.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 12:06 PM
I suppose twitter is a world I don't understand man. never been on it, likely never will be.

You and me both, man.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:06 PM

Most of those guys don't know that at age 6 man. And **** yeah I'd care, that says more about my culture tho

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Most of those guys don't know that at age 6 man. And **** yeah I'd care, that says more about my culture tho

Hope it isnít #HeatCulture because that ish is fake!

ewing
09-21-2018, 12:09 PM
for me personally, I don't like watching Thib's teams. I could explain why in detail, but i don't care enough.

Nothing wrong with being the Wizards. But if that is our best case scenario (it is), than we cashed in our chips too soon. Having a coach who also handles FO decisions is ridiculous. We can't fire the owner.

When Thib's traded Dunn, Lavine, and what ended up being Markannan, for Butler, it was a great trade for the Wolves at the time. Now I would give anything to take that trade back. But, here we stand instead. 4 days from training camp, a star who doesn't want to be here and will now be a relentless distraction, another young star who hasn't re-signed yet, and a fan base who is shaking their heads yet again at the dysfunction this franchise turns out year by year.

You should have seen the "support" the team got last year. Nobody wants to watch Thib's grind guys away and play the game like it's 1993. Nobody is stupid enough to buy into the jump anyone could have taken when you cash in a bunch of young players and a pick to get a disgruntled star. That is ****ing easy to do. Even if they keep Butler, you are now cap strapped forever, with not much upside.

Again, being the Wiz is fun if you like winning 50 games and being eliminated early. But in team sports, if you aren't contending, you are better off sucking.

The Wolves are better then the Wizard have ever been and there most talented player is 22 years old. They can absolutely get better. The fact that you and other wolves want to blow it up bc Thibs doesnít shed a tear every time someone plays a back to back and shipped a guy that spent way too time with the ball for a guy that canít score just doesnít make sense to me. You should be praying that they can patch things up with Jimmy

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:10 PM
This, some of the richest people I know didnít go to college.

That's cuz they're smart. School is a racquet that some thrive upon but the masses lose out with. For dumb people tho, getting through high school with some smarts should be a priority.

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 12:14 PM

6th grade is age 11-12.

Scoots
09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
You and me both, man.

And you both are the better for it. I've been on it for probably 5 hours since it started, and I regret a solid 3 hours of it. Social media is cancer.

valade16
09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
The Wolves are better then the Wizard have ever been and there most talented player is 22 years old. They can absolutely get better. The fact that you and other wolves want to blow it up bc Thibs doesnít shed a tear every time someone plays a back to back and shipped a guy that spent way too time with the ball for a guy that canít score just doesnít make sense to me. You should be praying that they can patch things up with Jimmy

If Jimmy Butler leaves next offseason in FA, they have zero chance at getting better.

And reports have just come out where KAT says that he can't co-exist with Butler.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:18 PM

You're trying to make intelligence subjective, it's only partly. Wiggins has no intelligence or passion at the very thing he spent his life focusing on. Just athletically gifted. Have you heard the guy talk, hes a frickin moron under any lense, it's not just the Twitter verse. He even smiles like a mentally disabled person

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Need Riley kissing his neck and nibbling on his ear in these meetings.

ewing
09-21-2018, 12:21 PM
If Jimmy Butler leaves next offseason in FA, they have zero chance at getting better.

And reports have just come out where KAT says that he can't co-exist with Butler.

Like I said they should be praying that they can patch things up instead of happy about the prospect of sucking again.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:24 PM
That's cuz they're smart. School is a racquet that some thrive upon but the masses lose out with. For dumb people tho, getting through high school with some smarts should be a priority.

Yea thatís what Iím saying, you donít need an education to be smart and successful but Iím speaking more on the college level. Youíre brought up being told you have to go to college to be successful. I didnít need anything from college to do what I do now, now that Iím not playing ball. Still glad I got a degree but still wasnít necessary.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:26 PM

Was that psycho jack? Dude is pretty smart, might be **** posting

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 12:29 PM

I don't care to blow it up. But if Jimmy doesn't want to be there, if he truly made it clear he wants out, you need to trade him.

For me personally, as I said, I don't find the way the Thib's led Wolves play appealing, so I will continue to pull away, no matter their win count unless something changes. Thib's is the king of trying to force his style on players, instead of learning his players and making adjustments. It's no wonder Quin Snyder got more out of Rubio than Thib's did. hell Sam Mitchell got more out of Rubio/Wiggins than Thib's did.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:29 PM

That person was vulgar, not incoherent

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Was that psycho jack? Dude is pretty smart, might be **** posting

it was smack talking Jax. As i stated, I don't get twitter anyways. Never makes sense. I imagine there is a character limit so you get in bad abbreviation habits?

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Yea thatís what Iím saying, you donít need an education to be smart and successful but Iím speaking more on the college level. Youíre brought up being told you have to go to college to be successful. I didnít need anything from college to do what I do now, now that Iím not playing ball. Still glad I got a degree but still wasnít necessary.
Idk who wrote the tweet but there's a difference between not being educated and straight up learning nothing from k12

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:36 PM
it was smack talking Jax. As i stated, I don't get twitter anyways. Never makes sense. I imagine there is a character limit so you get in bad abbreviation habits?

Yes, also trains succinctness if you have a brain and care about reading/ writing

Chronz
09-21-2018, 12:41 PM

BS. I was ditching school to go to the library cuz my mom wouldn't let me read fiction

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 12:46 PM
BS. I was ditching school to go to the library cuz my mom wouldn't let me read fiction

"My incredibly specific and unique example happened to me, so it must apply to everyone."

ewing
09-21-2018, 12:46 PM
I don't care to blow it up. But if Jimmy doesn't want to be there, if he truly made it clear he wants out, you need to trade him.

For me personally, as I said, I don't find the way the Thib's led Wolves play appealing, so I will continue to pull away, no matter their win count unless something changes. Thib's is the king of trying to force his style on players, instead of learning his players and making adjustments. It's no wonder Quin Snyder got more out of Rubio than Thib's did. hell Sam Mitchell got more out of Rubio/Wiggins than Thib's did.

Rubio isnít very good. He doesnít hurt the Jazz like he would a different team that doesnít pair him with a ball handling play maker like Mitchell but he is still a sub par NBA player. Keep waiting though year 9 is when most NBA players break out.

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2018, 12:49 PM
6th grade is age 11-12.

:laugh2: got em

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Rubio isnít very good. He doesnít hurt the Jazz like he would a different team that doesnít pair him with a ball handling play maker like Mitchell but he is still a sub par NBA player. Keep waiting though year 9 is when most NBA players break out.

Rubio's ok, I'd never call him sub par. He's very good at certain things, bordering on great. But he has glaring, easily exploitable weaknesses that make it hard to utilize him.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
When Glen Taylor blows Pat Rileys back out after these meetings today and then trades Jimmy to Miami for Tyler Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>

valade16
09-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Like I said they should be praying that they can patch things up instead of happy about the prospect of sucking again.

It's either pray he stays and watch him leave for nothing in a year or trade him and get something out of it. I think the Wolves could actually still be competitive if they traded Butler for say Tobias Harris and pieces from the Clippers.

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;32557226]Rubio's ok, I'd never call him sub par. He's very good at certain things, bordering on great. But he has glaring, easily exploitable weaknesses that make it hard to utilize him.

Heís not great at anything. He has very good eyes but they are useless most of the time bc itís a skill you need the ball to use and when he has the ball the other team doesnít have to defend the ball. He is a very solid defender. Iíll give him that. right now he is lucky to be in a spot where he isnít getting exposed bc of Mitchell and he still isnít very good. Itís been 8 years guys, give up the ghost.

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:03 PM
It's either pray he stays and watch him leave for nothing in a year or trade him and get something out of it. I think the Wolves could actually still be competitive if they traded Butler for say Tobias Harris and pieces from the Clippers.

Do you have to trade him right now? Canít you wait a little and try to work things out in the mean time?

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;32557226]Rubio's ok, I'd never call him sub par. He's very good at certain things, bordering on great. But he has glaring, easily exploitable weaknesses that make it hard to utilize him.

Heís not great at anything. He has very good eyes but they are useless most of the time bc itís a skill you need the ball to use and when he has the ball the other team doesnít have to defend the ball. He is a very solid defender. Iíll give him that. right now he is lucky to be in a spot where he isnít getting exposed bc of Mitchell and he still isnít very good. Itís been 8 years guys, give up the ghost.

Essentially the same as Rondo. The only real difference between the two is that one had 3 HOFers carry him to a ring.

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=ewing;32557243]

Essentially the same as Rondo. The only real difference between the two is that one had 3 HOFers carry him to a ring.

There is a comparison. Rondo was just better though. Rondo could drive. Rubio canít do that either. Plus I think Rondo was a lot more creative in creating passing opportunities. You are right though both guys hurt there teams often bc they can only utilize their gifts from an area that lets teams take advantage of there weaknesses

IndyRealist
09-21-2018, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;32557257]

There is a comparison. Rondo was just better though. Rondo could drive. Rubio canít do that either. Plus I think Rondo was a lot more creative in creating passing opportunities. You are right though both guys hurt there teams often bc they can only utilize their gifts from an area that lets teams take advantage of there weaknesses

I mean, Rondo could drive when he had Paul Pierce and Ray Allen spacing for him. I'd have wide open lanes with those guys on the floor.

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=ewing;32557262]

I mean, Rondo could drive when he had Paul Pierce and Ray Allen spacing for him. I'd have wide open lanes with those guys on the floor.

I think Rondo was better but my point stands Rubio isnít very good. I donít think your Rondo comparison counters that

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 01:21 PM
Prime Rondo is easily better than any version of Rubio weíve seen.

valade16
09-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Do you have to trade him right now? Canít you wait a little and try to work things out in the mean time?

No you don't. In fact I wouldn't trade him right now in order to try to extract more value since they have about as little leverage as possible just after his demand.

He's not a great passer? He's also a very good defender, I don't know if you want to call him great or not, but there are very few better ones at the PG position.

The problem with Rubio is he has a one weakness that is so debilitating it makes it easy to game plan against him. Whether he's good or not though, he's better than Teague.

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:37 PM
No you don't. In fact I wouldn't trade him right now in order to try to extract more value since they have about as little leverage as possible just after his demand.

He's not a great passer? He's also a very good defender, I don't know if you want to call him great or not, but there are very few better ones at the PG position.

The problem with Rubio is he has a one weakness that is so debilitating it makes it easy to game plan against him. Whether he's good or not though, he's far better than Teague.

No he isnít a great passer and no he isnít far better then Jeff Teague. I donít know when the love affair on here with Rubio will end but at this point Iím guessing never

Chronz
09-21-2018, 01:44 PM
"My incredibly specific and unique example happened to me, so it must apply to everyone."

If it don't, you're lazy and easily manipulated. Combined with incoherent ramblings and you got yourself a grade a victim mentality

Chronz
09-21-2018, 01:48 PM
No he isnít a great passer and no he isnít far better then Jeff Teague. I donít know when the love affair on here with Rubio will end but at this point Iím guessing never

Far better than Teague and he's a brilliant passer. He would've thrived more in minny.

Love affair? Lmao, that he's way better than the likes of Teague is something most his detractors have to admit at this point. He's elite at passing and defending , prove your ****** onion

ewing
09-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Far better than Teague and he's a brilliant passer. He would've thrived more in minny.

Love affair? Lmao, that he's way better than the likes of Teague is something most his detractors have to admit at this point. He's elite at passing and defending , prove your ****** onion
He would have taken the ball out of the hands of guys that can actually do something with it. Minn had an elite offense last year with Teague spreading the floor and spreading the ball. Teague wasnít as good at it as you could have hope but Rubio would have done neither. He is clearly a better defender but he would have hurt them on offense

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=ewing;32557243]

unlike Rondo, he is a great teammate, and is consistent in effort. I have made the same comparison, except Ricky will provide defense and work hard even when not on national tv.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 01:57 PM

Watching Teague this year, I have zero idea how he ever made an all star team. Talk about a vanilla PG. Watching him in PnR is like watching a 15 year old boy at prom trying to grab a boob.

Ricky, has become very underrated in his vet years. And while you will never confuse Rubio with an average scorer, Snyder did an awesome job of moving him off the ball and giving him the rock after the defense was already shifting, which is where Rubio can do major damage.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 01:59 PM

The problem with Rubio is he has a one weakness that is so debilitating it makes it easy to game plan against him. Whether he's good or not though, he's better than Teague.

literally my only problem with Rubio is in a 7 game series, the other team can FORCE him to be a scorer, which he can't do. Outside that, the dude is an awesome player.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 02:03 PM
He would have taken the ball out of the hands of guys that can actually do something with it. Minn had an elite offense last year with Teague spreading the floor and spreading the ball. Teague wasnít as good at it as you could have hope but Rubio would have done neither. He is clearly a better defender but he would have hurt them on offense

You literally just posted that Mitchell is ball dominant. Teague does less without the ball considering he's a **** defender who nobody fears off ball either AND he takes up shots vs a guy who can spoon feed you layups. Put it this way, even Rubio in a restrictive system was better than ****ing teague

Chronz
09-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Watching Teague this year, I have zero idea how he ever made an all star team. Talk about a vanilla PG. Watching him in PnR is like watching a 15 year old boy at prom trying to grab a boob.

Ricky, has become very underrated in his vet years. And while you will never confuse Rubio with an average scorer, Snyder did an awesome job of moving him off the ball and giving him the rock after the defense was already shifting, which is where Rubio can do major damage.

He was able to dominate the ball enough to fool novices like ewing into thinking he's credible, that and east coasters being dumb af

valade16
09-21-2018, 02:24 PM

It's not a love affair to say a player is better than Teague. It's actually a pretty low bar to set lol.

Chronz
09-21-2018, 02:35 PM
It's not a love affair to say a player is better than Teague. It's actually a pretty low bar to set lol.
The most delusional post ever. Teague is the bar for too much love lmao

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:38 PM

ewing
09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
He was able to dominate the ball enough to fool novices like ewing into thinking he's credible, that and east coasters being dumb af

Teague has never dominated the ball.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycscbmxm

Both players Minnesota is receiving in this trade are very good vets who have played options on their deals after this season so thereís a lot of potential to clear cap.

Tyus/Rose
Dragic
Wiggins
Towns/Taj
Whiteside/Towns

Teague/Wade/TJ
JRich/Ellington/Waiters
Butler/Winslow
Kelly/JJ
Bam/Kelly

Send the Wolves a 1st if itís the deciding factor.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Well said, exactly.

ewing
09-21-2018, 02:46 PM
You literally just posted that Mitchell is ball dominant. Teague does less without the ball considering he's a **** defender who nobody fears off ball either AND he takes up shots vs a guy who can spoon feed you layups. Put it this way, even Rubio in a restrictive system was better than ****ing teague

Mitchell is an he is a guy that can get the ball up the floor. Minn doesnít have a guy like that. Rubio would be bringing it up all the time and probing like its 1950 even though no one is guarding him. At least Teague gets rid of the rock and then is a somewhat credible shooter off the ball. Idk I saw team near the top of the league on offense last year with Teague. I donít think Rubio making a crafty pass every once in a while would have made up for him stagnating them in general. Like I said he would have helped the D and hurt them on O.

ewing
09-21-2018, 02:47 PM

You said far better. He has never demonstrated that. Iím also not just taking about this comparison. There used to be a Rubio/Irving debate on here, their was a virtual circle jerk on here when he had a good playoff game. Itís been 8 years and he has never been an impact player. he never will be. Ricky Rubio is a situational player

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 02:48 PM
A tweet is not a resume.

Despite what people want to believe, your social media usage affects your ability to move along in life outside of social media. You are judged and viewed on social media. If someone wanted to hire you for a sales job, and they saw tweets that were written like Jackson's, then that probably keeps him from getting the job.

The person you hire, is the same outside of work as they are inside eventually. That's why you look for how they behave outside of work.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 02:49 PM

It makes her appear dumb, and prevents anyone from taking her seriously or wanting to work with her.

Whether she understands astro-physics or not.

WaDe03
09-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Hey this ainít the ****ing grammar police station take that **** somewhere else!!!!

Father please forgive me!

LeonFSU
09-21-2018, 02:54 PM
I don't see how one cannot be impressed by Rubio's offensive improvement over the course of last season. His overall stats suffered from a poor start to the year, but he took on a completely different role and started to become effective in it. He had some inefficient shooting games in the playoffs, but I think it's pretty clear that he made a jump offensively last season and it wouldn't surprise me if he continued improving in that area.

Jeffy25
09-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Hey this ainít the ****ing grammar police station take that **** somewhere else!!!!

Father please forgive me!

I don't think it's too much to ask people to speak coherently and clearly, and to write messages and spell correctly.

It just makes the person who doesn't take the time to spell correctly or have sentence structure look really dumb. It's not that you have to do it. You just make yourself look stupid, and the message that lies within those misspelling ramblings less necessary for the reader to care about or take seriously.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 02:58 PM
Mitchell is an he is a guy that can get the ball up the floor. Minn doesnít have a guy like that. Rubio would be bringing it up all the time and probing like its 1950 even though no one is guarding him. At least Teague gets rid of the rock and then is a somewhat credible shooter off the ball. Idk I saw team near the top of the league on offense last year with Teague. I donít think Rubio making a crafty pass every once in a while would have made up for him stagnating them in general. Like I said he would have helped the D and hurt them on O.

last years Wolves were a perfect example of why you can't run with advanced stats. They rarely turned it over, all their guys can shoot FT's (Rubio can do this and draws fouls a ton better), and send guys to the offensive glass, inflating offense and hurting defense.

Butler could, and would have, easily brought the ball up a lot. He did with Teague. Teague, is not a starting caliber PG you can win with. He creates nothing, overdribbles, is a lifeless defender, and offers not much in the floor spacing game. Rubio is clearly a superior player. The Wolves were 10th in offensive rating the year prior, and that was minus Butler, and with a younger KAT/Wiggins. Tyus Jones kicked out better on/off court numbers than Teague dude.

I get you dislike Rubio for whatever reason, and I have never claimed he was a great player. But damn dude, you paint him out to be terrible. He is better than half the starting PG's in the league. Teague, isn't.

valade16
09-21-2018, 03:04 PM
You said far better. He has never demonstrated that. Iím also not just taking about this comparison. There used to be a Rubio/Irving debate on here, their was a virtual circle jerk on here when he had a good playoff game. Itís been 8 years and he has never been an impact player. he never will be. Ricky Rubio is a situational player

I actually edited it to say better and not far better moments after posting it, because you're right, he's not far better; he's just better.

I'm aware of the Rubio/Kyrie comparison, as I was in that thread saying that Kyrie was far better than Rubio. I'm not some Rubio lover. But there's a big chasm between Rubio lover and seeing he's better than Teague.

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:09 PM
I don't see how one cannot be impressed by Rubio's offensive improvement over the course of last season. His overall stats suffered from a poor start to the year, but he took on a completely different role and started to become effective in it. He had some inefficient shooting games in the playoffs, but I think it's pretty clear that he made a jump offensively last season and it wouldn't surprise me if he continued improving in that area.

Bc he has been a terrible shooter for a long time. If he can maintain some credibility from out there and Mitchell handles a lot of the play making he can he be a decent fit.

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:11 PM
last years Wolves were a perfect example of why you can't run with advanced stats. They rarely turned it over, all their guys can shoot FT's (Rubio can do this and draws fouls a ton better), and send guys to the offensive glass, inflating offense and hurting defense.

Butler could, and would have, easily brought the ball up a lot. He did with Teague. Teague, is not a starting caliber PG you can win with. He creates nothing, overdribbles, is a lifeless defender, and offers not much in the floor spacing game. Rubio is clearly a superior player. The Wolves were 10th in offensive rating the year prior, and that was minus Butler, and with a younger KAT/Wiggins. Tyus Jones kicked out better on/off court numbers than Teague dude.

I get you dislike Rubio for whatever reason, and I have never claimed he was a great player. But damn dude, you paint him out to be terrible. He is better than half the starting PG's in the league. Teague, isn't.

But hes not and you just did win 47 games with Teague the Hawks won 60. They never turn it over and they make shot, well thatís a good thing. Itís like results donít matter to you at all. Ricky not a legitimate starting pg and has never produced at the level of one.

Rivera
09-21-2018, 03:12 PM
wait, now where comparing how people type on twitter vs how they would type on a resume :laugh:

man people are reaaaacchhiinngggggggggggggggggggg

look at wade03. before his turn to the positive side, a lot of people thought he wasnt the most intelligent poster because of his takes, not using advance stats much but come to find out, dude works in the finance world (sorry wade03 I forgot the profession you told me you were in and I may have even said the world you work in was wrong :laugh2: )

i know directors in the education world I currently work with, if you hear them talk or act outside of work, you would never realize they are directors in the education industry

but comparing how someone types on twitter and thinking they will type the same on a resume

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn we are really reaching to try to make a point to make SJax look bad because of how he decided to type on his twitter :laugh:

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:12 PM
But hes not. He not a legitimate starting pg at all and has never produced at the level of one.

interesting how his teams going back to Spain always plays better with him on the floor, and how his teammates always play better with him on the floor. he must be doing something right.

When your team, and roster, always plays better with player A on the floor, that player belongs on the floor major minutes. Kinda how it works.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2018, 03:15 PM
But hes not and you just did win 47 games with Teague the Hawks won 60. Itís like results donít matter to you at all. Ricky not a legitimate starting pg at all and has never produced at the level of one.

we won 47 games with the addition of a top 10 NBA player haha. it has literally nothing to do with Teague.

The Jazz just won 48 games with Rubio as their PG.

ewing
09-21-2018, 03:16 PM
I actually edited it to say better and not far better moments after posting it, because you're right, he's not far better; he's just better.

I'm aware of the Rubio/Kyrie comparison, as I was in that thread saying that Kyrie was far better than Rubio. I'm not some Rubio lover. But there's a big chasm between Rubio lover and seeing he's better than Teague.

Saying he is better is a reasonable opinion. I disagree bc I think he hurts you to often where Teague might not make an impact as often but he rarely hurts you