09-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Elton Brand O.O

I just dont know what to say.

GREATNESS ONE
09-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Lmao

More-Than-Most
09-18-2018, 09:16 PM
i mean if he really did impress them fine but man this just scares the crap out of me.

GREATNESS ONE
09-18-2018, 09:23 PM
It just looks hella funny from outside looking in but lets see what he does.

STRIKERC
09-18-2018, 10:34 PM
This kinda confirms the believe that the Sixers were all along looking to do GM by committee with Brett Brown leading the way in decision making.
I don't think they wanted a "real" GM.

COOLbeans
09-19-2018, 02:21 AM
This kinda confirms the believe that the Sixers were all along looking to do GM by committee with Brett Brown leading the way in decision making.
I don't think they wanted a "real" GM.

What makes you think he's not a "real" GM as you say? His development as an executive has been stellar. Brand was always a scholar athlete and a cerebral guy. Not sure where your inference is coming from other than he's a former athlete. What's your "real" issue with him? :)

More-Than-Most
09-19-2018, 02:45 AM
What makes you think he's not a "real" GM as you say? His development as an executive has been stellar. Brand was always a scholar athlete and a cerebral guy. Not sure where your inference is coming from other than he's a former athlete. What's your "real" issue with him? :)

you arent wrong but i feel like former athletes are generally idiots... He could be the next goat gm no doubt... but man this is worrying me.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Lmfao!!!

More-Than-Most
09-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Lmfao!!!

you really shouldnt laugh... pat riley is becoming the jerry jones of the nba.

WaDe03
09-19-2018, 10:26 AM
you really shouldnt laugh... pat riley is becoming the jerry jones of the nba.

Well see how many rings Brand brings you.

STRIKERC
09-19-2018, 11:23 AM

I should have said traditional GM instead of real GM.
I'm not saying he isn't a real GM but they sort of have indicated that they do not want a one person pulling the strings. It was also reported that whoever they hired was going to be working side by side with Brett Brown or even leaning more on Brett.

Chronz
09-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Duke intelligence. Guy was a snake but maybe that made him the ideal candidate in the age of kd *****

warfelg
09-19-2018, 01:32 PM
I've had the chance to meet Brand a few times, and I would be shocked if he ends up being a bad GM.

ewing
09-19-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm sure the Sixers wanted someone that wasn't an insecure social media whore that would make a fool of themselves after their last 2 GMs. Brand seems like a very laced up type guy. I sure he won't be an embarrassment that way just remains to be seen if he can run a team.

THE MTL
09-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Philly wants to be bad

warfelg
09-19-2018, 02:18 PM
There's a rumor that they wanted certain things in place with a new GM including: Keeping the analytics department, Keeping Brett Brown, Keeping Marc Eversly, Keeping Ned Cohen. They other guys they interviewed basically did not commit to those things, and Brand understood and has worked with those guys.

Sounds like the power structure will be Marc and Ned report to Brand. Brand and Brown make decisions together with ownership being the tie breaker.

COOLbeans
09-19-2018, 02:27 PM
There's a rumor that they wanted certain things in place with a new GM including: Keeping the analytics department, Keeping Brett Brown, Keeping Marc Eversly, Keeping Ned Cohen. They other guys they interviewed basically did not commit to those things, and Brand understood and has worked with those guys.

Sounds like the power structure will be Marc and Ned report to Brand. Brand and Brown make decisions together with ownership being the tie breaker.

I dont think thats a bad set up. Brown seems like an old school guy. And Brand is a throwback player who played new school basketball as well. So hes seen it all.

But I think most importantly, hes watched A lot of basketball because of injury. Hes probably been groomed for this ever since his body gave out on him after year 5 or 6

TheDish87
09-19-2018, 05:04 PM
Philly wants to be bad

how do you figure?

IndyRealist
09-19-2018, 09:23 PM
I dont think thats a bad set up. Brown seems like an old school guy. And Brand is a throwback player who played new school basketball as well. So hes seen it all.

But I think most importantly, hes watched A lot of basketball because of injury. Hes probably been groomed for this ever since his body gave out on him after year 5 or 6
This.

Heediot
09-20-2018, 05:40 AM
Duke intelligence. Guy was a snake but maybe that made him the ideal candidate in the age of kd *****

yeah stars nowadays bolt the minute adversity hits. trade me to this place so i can get my (extra year) max contract in an ideal location, it would be nice if the new team had cap room too so I can recruit my buddy.

too much leverage for them, no max contracts less leverage.

back to topic, i will hold off on brand and give him the benefit of the doubt before formulating an opinion.

Vinylman
09-20-2018, 08:46 AM
meh move... not good not bad...

the good news is old man Colangelo is gone 12/31/18 pretty sure he is already irrelevant but that is the big win for the Philly organization this offseason.

warfelg
09-20-2018, 08:49 AM
meh move... not good not bad...

the good news is old man Colangelo is gone 12/31/18 pretty sure he is already irrelevant but that is the big win for the Philly organization this offseason.

When they fired Bryan they basically told Jerry they were paying him til the end of his contract but his input was no longer needed. Consensus from people I know is that this contract did not have an early termination non-compete so they needed to do this so he couldn't take all the draft/FA reports to another team and mess with us.

Vinylman
09-20-2018, 08:55 AM
When they fired Bryan they basically told Jerry they were paying him til the end of his contract but his input was no longer needed. Consensus from people I know is that this contract did not have an early termination non-compete so they needed to do this so he couldn't take all the draft/FA reports to another team and mess with us.

Interesting... I doubt anyone is really looking for his counsel unless it is being forced upon a team by the league.

You guys are in a good place going into the season and set up fairly well for FA next year... Will be interesting to see what move you guys make to upgrade.

warfelg
09-20-2018, 09:22 AM
Interesting... I doubt anyone is really looking for his counsel unless it is being forced upon a team by the league.

You guys are in a good place going into the season and set up fairly well for FA next year... Will be interesting to see what move you guys make to upgrade.

Oh for sure. I always felt this year was gonna be a just the tip feeling. It was great LeBron met with us and all; but his business and entertainment production made LA the easy choice.

Next summer has the potential to be big. Another year of a playoff run. Another year of growth. Fultz playing. Assets to make a trade. Lots of FAs and still not much money to go around. I kinda hope the Jimmy/Kyrie duo end up with the Clips, because I think for guys like KD/Kawhi/Klay going on the market Philly becomes VERY attractive. Only one other top team in the east. A young group of stars to play with.