PDA

View Full Version : SI Top 100 list

Scoots
09-12-2018, 10:09 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/10/top-100-nba-players-2019-lebron-james-stephen-curry-dirk-nowitzki

It seems a little strange to think that all top 100 players are better than 50 starters in the NBA. So they are saying there are 62 players starting in the NBA who are worse than Kyle Anderson. Not to crap on Kyle Anderson, but that means he is better than 2 of every 5 starters in the NBA.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Don't see the top ten. Do they usually release them as a countdown sorta thing? Forgot

GREATNESS ONE
09-12-2018, 11:06 PM
LebronZo

Scoots
09-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Don't see the top ten. Do they usually release them as a countdown sorta thing? Forgot

Yeah, they do a little at a time.

tredigs
09-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Hadn't seen 30-20 yet. Dipo is undervalued at 20 since this is a prognostication of next year. He's already passed PG this past season IMO, who they have at 11. It sounds like he's gearing up for another jump this coming year as well. Kawhi at 12 is a hedge based on his return from injury. Overall I do like the way they go about ranking the players on this list. I've been following it a little and while you're always going to disagree with a handful of selections, it's a strong list overall.

tredigs
09-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Their rating system:
This list is an attempt to evaluate each player in a vacuum, independent of his current team context as much as possible. A player's prospects beyond the 2018-19 season did not play a part in the ranking process.

Injuries and injury risks are an inevitable component of this judgment. Past performance (postseason included) weighed heavily in our assessment, with a skew toward the recent. First-year players were not included. A predictive element also came into play with the anticipated improvement of certain younger players, as well as the possible decline of aging veterans.

A special thanks, as always, to those resources that make researching a list like this possible: Basketball-Reference, NBA.com, ESPN.com, Cleaning the Glass, and Synergy Sports.

tredigs
09-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Gauging on how they rank, I'll take a guess at their top 10:

1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
5. AD
6. Giannis
7. Westbrook
8. Jimmy Butler
9. Embiid
10. CP3

More-Than-Most
09-13-2018, 12:57 AM
sixers galore... also embiid top 10... godly

Cal827
09-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Nice to see Demar not at 70 this year :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
09-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Rubio still too low...

Wiggins might be a little high actually.

I get the reasoning for Leonard being at 11, but cmon. He should be higher.

I personally feel Irving is a bit high, but whatever.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Gauging on how they rank, I'll take a guess at their top 10:

1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
5. AD
6. Giannis
7. Westbrook
8. Jimmy Butler
9. Embiid
10. CP3

Good guess:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
5. AD
6. Giannis
7. Westbrook
8. CP3
9. Embiid
10. Jimmy

I think Jimmy should be higher but overall itís not too bad for a top 10.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 10:20 AM
The list as a whole is terrible imo.

But thats what they do to get their views and ratings up.

tredigs
09-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Good guess:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Harden
5. AD
6. Giannis
7. Westbrook
8. CP3
9. Embiid
10. Jimmy

I think Jimmy should be higher but overall itís not too bad for a top 10.
Boom biscuit

tredigs
09-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Nice to see Demar not at 70 this year :laugh2:

He was 37 last year it looks like. So not an entirely LA fabricated bump.

FlakeyFool
09-13-2018, 12:27 PM
bad list is bad

Cal827
09-13-2018, 12:38 PM
He was 37 last year it looks like. So not an entirely LA fabricated bump.

Yeah, I see now, my bad... wrong list... I was referring to another one... there was one that he was listed at around 66 a few years back :laugh2:

Scoots
09-13-2018, 01:09 PM

But thats what they do to get their views and ratings up.

All such lists are flawed, but it's a huge undertaking and you should have more respect for your fellow people's efforts at agglomerating such a list in the face of staunch complaint rather than simply add your voice to the howls of hatred they already face.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 01:16 PM
All such lists are flawed, but it's a huge undertaking and you should have more respect for your fellow people's efforts at agglomerating such a list in the face of staunch complaint rather than simply add your voice to the howls of hatred they already face.

Wow, a great testament from PSDs Messiah! You have no idea how much you just changed my life!

warfelg
09-13-2018, 01:17 PM
One of the few lists the properly accounts for defense.

Rights to Ricky Sanchez Podcast had Ben Gulliver on to talk about his process of building the list. I think it was this time last year that he was on. It's Sixers slanted, but he was very open about his (and their) process to developing the list and what matters when building it.

zn23
09-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Some issues with this list:

-Al Horford over Jokic and KAT is absolutely embarrassing. Whoever put him there should be shamed and ridiculed for that. He can't even hold their jock strap.

- Same goes for Gobert, although to a lesser extent. You can't build around Gobert, he's a defensive addition to a team.

- Paul George is so overrated. He'll probably end up stealing Jokic's all-star spot again despite getting clearly outperformed by him again.

- Serge Ibaka at 77 is also ridiculous. He's barely top 150. Huge liability.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2018, 01:55 PM

-Al Horford over Jokic and KAT is absolutely embarrassing. Whoever put him there should be shamed and ridiculed for that. He can't even hold their jock strap.

- Same goes for Gobert, although to a lesser extent. You can't build around Gobert, he's a defensive addition to a team.

- Paul George is so overrated. He'll probably end up stealing Jokic's all-star spot again despite getting clearly outperformed by him again.

I agree 100% with these, except Gobert. You can see a night/day difference on defense when he plays. Like teams don't even bother going at the rim most the night when he plays. His defensive value can't even be measured accurately imo.

PG is on a different level of overrated though, my god. He was always overrated, but he is not a top 10-15 player since his injury. Like at all.

warfelg
09-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Fits the 'Al Horford is underrated' narrative if you have him under those two. Yes their one side of the court (Joc offense, Gobert defense) are better but their overall games are not.

Scoots
09-13-2018, 02:34 PM

I think that comes down to "winning basketball" ... Horford has done it, the other two have not. Jokic and KAT are more fun to watch and far more spectacular, but I'd rather have Horford on my team.

Heediot
09-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Fits the 'Al Horford is underrated' narrative if you have him under those two. Yes their one side of the court (Joc offense, Gobert defense) are better but their overall games are not.

He is solid as a rock, knows his role and the limits of his game and maximizes his ability out of every pore. I still don't think he is a top 20 player. Stevens coaching and system also helps, see IT. He is under-rated on psd but over-rated in the si ranking IMO.

Heediot
09-13-2018, 02:37 PM
I think that comes down to "winning basketball" ... Horford has done it, the other two have not. Jokic and KAT are more fun to watch and far more spectacular, but I'd rather have Horford on my team.

For GS, I would take Horford over those two. Even Horford over DMC. Put Jokic on the Raps though, that team would be scary. I think it depends on team needs and how one fits within the team between the 3.

ewing
09-13-2018, 02:42 PM

What do you mean you can't build around Golbert? They just won 48 games and got to the second round of the playoffs and he is by far the team most important player. The guy had Russel scared to go into the paint. He is miles ahead of anyone in the league in terms of defensive impact

mightybosstone
09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
I think the list maybe gave a little too much of an edge to defensive-minded guys like Gobert, Horford and Draymond. And they obviously dinged players a ton who are coming off of major injuries, like Kawhi, Cousins and Porzingis, who are obviously big question marks.

But overall I don't really have a huge problem with any of the rankings. It's impossible to make a list of players that satisfies everyone's personal barometers of talent and production. Would this be my personal list? No. But aside from a handful of guys, most of the players would be within 5-10 spots of where I'd have them.

Jamiecballer
09-13-2018, 04:03 PM

But thats what they do to get their views and ratings up.Well gee who would have guessed you wouldn't like it lmao

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

zn23
09-13-2018, 04:12 PM
He is solid as a rock, knows his role and the limits of his game and maximizes his ability out of every pore. I still don't think he is a top 20 player. Stevens coaching and system also helps, see IT. He is under-rated on psd but over-rated in the si ranking IMO.

Horford is a solid role player.

JAZZNC
09-13-2018, 04:27 PM

You do realize that the team that's built around Gobert is better than the team built around Jokic right? So what does that say about those 2 players and your claim you can't build around Gobert? I know he's your boy but you overrate the **** out of Jokic.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Well gee who would have guessed you wouldn't like it lmao

Itís a bad list lol, Covington isnít better than Booker for example. Gobert and Green arenít better than Kyrie. Kawhi at 12, Cousins at 60 something, Porzingis far back like in the 80s I think. Derozan at 30 after being all NBA 2nd team. Just not a good list.

Between ESPN, Slam, and SI I think SI is usually the worst.

warfelg
09-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Zinger is at 54....

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Zinger is at 54....

Couldnít remember where I saw him, still terrible placement......

Scoots
09-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Couldnít remember where I saw him, still terrible placement......

He's not going to play half the year ... you'd put him higher on the list for the coming season knowing he's not going to play for half the year?

I think it means something that every one you list as being too high are elite defenders, and the ones you list as too low are bad defenders.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 05:02 PM
He's not going to play half the year ... you'd put him higher on the list for the coming season knowing he's not going to play for half the year?

I think it means something that every one you list as being too high are elite defenders, and the ones you list as too low are bad defenders.

Are Gobert and Green better basketball players than Lillard, Kyrie, and Towns?

zn23
09-13-2018, 05:15 PM
What do you mean you can't build around Golbert? They just won 48 games and got to the second round of the playoffs and he is by far the team most important player. The guy had Russel scared to go into the paint. He is miles ahead of anyone in the league in terms of defensive impact

I don't have a problem with Gobert at top 20, but Jokic and KAT are simply better.

WaDe03
09-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Mitchell is the best player on the Jazz and will serperate himself by a wide margin this year.

Scoots
09-13-2018, 08:12 PM

Yes, I'd say that have a bigger impact on winning. Lillard, Kyrie, and Towns are better scorers for sure.

tredigs
09-13-2018, 08:29 PM

Yes. The two best defenders in the NBA who bring value on offense as well.

Chronz
09-13-2018, 09:13 PM
The top 10 is a sublime read. The paul George and butler debate brings up a great point about how we rank players.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2018, 09:58 PM

depends... If I am starting a team id go with

Towns

DL
Gobert/Kyrie/Green

If I have a star player and want to add to the team to actually win a title i am going with Gobert/Green before any of those 3 without a 2nd thought... Meaning if I have a Lebron or Durant my next choice if i have to choose between gobert/green/Kyrie/Lil would go like this

Gobert

Green

DL
Kyrie.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Yes. The two best defenders in the NBA who bring value on offense as well.

Yup. I think green would suffer more if he didnt have the team around him but green/gobert are more important to their teams winning than kyrie/towns/DL because defense matters a **** ton.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2018, 10:02 PM
Itís a bad list lol, Covington isnít better than Booker for example. Gobert and Green arenít better than Kyrie. Kawhi at 12, Cousins at 60 something, Porzingis far back like in the 80s I think. Derozan at 30 after being all NBA 2nd team. Just not a good list.

Between ESPN, Slam, and SI I think SI is usually the worst.

He is better than booker its just you dont understand basketball and how important defense is. Booker is a 1 way chucker who is overrated as ****. I am not even a huge covington fan because of how hot and cold he is but his defense is amazing... what is amazing about booker exactly? His defense is putrid and his offense is there because he takes all the shots... basically he is a bad defensive player with no offensive efficiency.

25 points per game on 20 shots lololol... 43 percent clip AND NO DEFENSE. Sign me up.

tredigs
09-13-2018, 10:24 PM
Yup. I think green would suffer more if he didnt have the team around him but green/gobert are more important to their teams winning than kyrie/towns/DL because defense matters a **** ton.

The Warriors would suffer a lot more than Green to be honest. His game would help EVERY team so, so much. The better the coach, the more he would be a completely dominant impact player. The Warriors have no replacement for him against wing/big dominant teams. Takes out the high energy big who protects the paint and runs the floor + initiates offense as well.

Jamiecballer
09-13-2018, 11:13 PM

I think it means something that every one you list as being too high are elite defenders, and the ones you list as too low are bad defenders.Hey, this guy gets it!!!

FlashBolt
09-13-2018, 11:40 PM
I don't have a problem with Gobert at top 20, but Jokic and KAT are simply better.

That is very debateable. Jokic and KAT are much better offensive players but in a system where you have enough offense and need someone to boost your defense, Gobert is infinitely more valuable. It really depends on what you need.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Your teams cieling is higher if Kyrie/Lillard/Towns are your best player than it is if Gobert/Green are. Theyíre not better players but theyíre good in their role. You canít be your teams best player if you canít be relied on to carry the scoring load as well and score in the biggest moments of games.

ewing
09-14-2018, 09:32 AM
That is very debateable. Jokic and KAT are much better offensive players but in a system where you have enough offense and need someone to boost your defense, Gobert is infinitely more valuable. It really depends on what you need.

If he is healthy I think Rudy is just better. You put Rudy on the floor and you have a top defense. Your other players don't have to help and they can pressure the ball b/c when you get beat you let the guy shoot mid range or get swallowed up by Rudy. He is one of a kind in the league today. He is also gives you some "vertical spacing" a la Tyson Chandler b/c he is a good target for lobs/etc.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 09:34 AM
He is better than booker its just you dont understand basketball and how important defense is. Booker is a 1 way chucker who is overrated as ****. I am not even a huge covington fan because of how hot and cold he is but his defense is amazing... what is amazing about booker exactly? His defense is putrid and his offense is there because he takes all the shots... basically he is a bad defensive player with no offensive efficiency.

25 points per game on 20 shots lololol... 43 percent clip AND NO DEFENSE. Sign me up.

I understand basketball a lot more than you I know that for sure. And if this is projecting for next year itís not even close. Imagine Covington as the go to scoring option like Booker has been lol!

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 12:41 PM
I understand basketball a lot more than you I know that for sure. And if this is projecting for next year itís not even close. Imagine Covington as the go to scoring option like Booker has been lol!

I guess you moved on from your annoyingly positive persona, huh? This certainly didn't seem like the kind, thoughtful Wade03 from the past few months. :eyebrow:

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Your teams cieling is higher if Kyrie/Lillard/Towns are your best player than it is if Gobert/Green are. Theyíre not better players but theyíre good in their role. You canít be your teams best player if you canít be relied on to carry the scoring load as well and score in the biggest moments of games.

Mmmm.... Not necessarily. I agree 100 percent that Green and Gobert can't carry a team as a No. 1 scoring threat. That's obvious. But could you build an all-around stellar team with them anchoring your defense and other guys carrying more of the offensive workload? Absolutely. We've seen it with Big Ben in Detroit in the early 2000s and Duncan in San Antonio later in his career.

Your best player doesn't always have to be your best offensive player. And you could definitely argue that it's easier to build a contender around Gobert and Green than it is around Lillard or Towns.

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 12:52 PM
I guess you moved on from your annoyingly positive persona, huh? This certainly didn't seem like the kind, thoughtful Wade03 from the past few months. :eyebrow:

Yea itís all a charade

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 12:59 PM

A few posts here and there Iíll step away as I relapse from time to time. I knew it was hurting your feelings as well but donít worry, Iím still here to give blessings!

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 01:00 PM
Yea itís all a charade

God bless you young one, still sending the prayers your way in hope that weíre abke to both move on from this!

Chronz
09-14-2018, 01:03 PM

It's not embarrassing tho. You can build around Gobert, that's why they let offensive dynamos who suck at defense like al Jefferson and his meaningless 20 n 10 go

Chronz
09-14-2018, 01:06 PM
The Warriors would suffer a lot more than Green to be honest. His game would help EVERY team so, so much. The better the coach, the more he would be a completely dominant impact player. The Warriors have no replacement for him against wing/big dominant teams. Takes out the high energy big who protects the paint and runs the floor + initiates offense as well.
Man that Blake vs green debate didn't last long, did it. You change your mind on that trade yet?

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Mmmm.... Not necessarily. I agree 100 percent that Green and Gobert can't carry a team as a No. 1 scoring threat. That's obvious. But could you build an all-around stellar team with them anchoring your defense and other guys carrying more of the offensive workload? Absolutely. We've seen it with Big Ben in Detroit in the early 2000s and Duncan in San Antonio later in his career.

Your best player doesn't always have to be your best offensive player. And you could definitely argue that it's easier to build a contender around Gobert and Green than it is around Lillard or Towns.

But if Lillard and Gobert were on the same team Lillard would be known as the teams best player. Just as Mitchell should be and more than likely will be in majorities eyes after this season. Yes Gobert is a great defender and I would love him on my team but Mitchell is going to be that guy that puts them over the top and he makes their cieling higher.

Wallace was a great defender obviously but that was his role because he wasnít a good scorer, Billups was the best player because he was the one that got them going and the one hitting the big shots while playing both ends.

Not sure which years of Duncan youíre referring to but if itís late, like Kawhi late, Kawhi was their best player. Before that I would say it was Duncan but he was good one both sides. You could throw Duncan the ball and tell him to get a bucket and you would work through him in the clutch. With Ben and Gobert you canít do that and I think thatís a huge part of being your teams best player, you have to be able to have offense run through you multiple times throughout the course of a game and for sure in the clutch.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Yea itís all a charade

Love thy neighbor.

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 02:30 PM
God bless you young one, still sending the prayers your way in hope that weíre abke to both move on from this!

Boy, Iím older than you! Lmao

Iíve already moved on? I just call it how it is

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Love thy neighbor.

You live in Florida in some red city/state and I live in Southern California... weíre far from neighbors ;)

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 02:44 PM
You live in Florida in some red city/state and I live in Southern California... weíre far from neighbors ;)

I donít live in Florida my fellow sinner. We are all neighbors so you must love thee.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Boy, Iím older than you! Lmao

Iíve already moved on? I just call it how it is

You may be senior and if so I congratulate you for making it this far as part of Godís plan for this world.

You havenít moved on but in time thou shall and thou shall love thy neighbor and then really call it like it is.

Blessed be the day and for the day be blessed!

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 03:02 PM
But if Lillard and Gobert were on the same team Lillard would be known as the teams best player. Just as Mitchell should be and more than likely will be in majorities eyes after this season. Yes Gobert is a great defender and I would love him on my team but Mitchell is going to be that guy that puts them over the top and he makes their cieling higher.
But Lillard isn't on Gobert's team, and Mitchell isn't on Lillard or Gobert's level yet. Mitchell is a damn good player, but I do think he's getting a little overrated lately. Dude still has a lot of room to grow.

Wallace was a great defender obviously but that was his role because he wasnít a good scorer, Billups was the best player because he was the one that got them going and the one hitting the big shots while playing both ends.
The Pistons don't win that title without either guy. As far as who was more importantóBen or Billupsóit's kind of a moot point. They're equally important to that team, as far as I'm concerned. But the fact that the team won a title with Billups (a 17/6/4 guy) as its best offensive player proves my point.

Not sure which years of Duncan youíre referring to but if itís late, like Kawhi late, Kawhi was their best player.
Kawhi's early years get really, REALLY overrated on this site. You know what he averaged that in 2013-14 when the Spurs won that championship? 13/6/2/2 in 29 minutes a game over 66 games. Now, his advanced numbers were still great, but he was just a damn good role player at that point in his careeróhardly the superstar scorer he would become 2-3 years down the road.

Before that I would say it was Duncan but he was good one both sides. You could throw Duncan the ball and tell him to get a bucket and you would work through him in the clutch. With Ben and Gobert you canít do that and I think thatís a huge part of being your teams best player, you have to be able to have offense run through you multiple times throughout the course of a game and for sure in the clutch.
I completely disagree. If we were to go through the list of all 30 NBA teams, I'm fairly certain we'd find a few teams where the best player wasn't the go-to scorer or the crunch time shotmaker. I can think of numerous teams throughout the years that made the playoffs where the best guy wasn't some superstar scorer.

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 03:15 PM
A few posts here and there Iíll step away as I relapse from time to time. I knew it was hurting your feelings as well but donít worry, Iím still here to give blessings!

But it just proves how much of a fraud your BS facade is. It's just trolling with a smile. But you're no different than any other troll on PSD. :shrug:

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:14 PM
But it just proves how much of a fraud your BS facade is. It's just trolling with a smile. But you're no different than any other troll on PSD. :shrug:

Got em! :p

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:15 PM
You may be senior and if so I congratulate you for making it this far as part of Godís plan for this world.

You havenít moved on but in time thou shall and thou shall love thy neighbor and then really call it like it is.

Blessed be the day and for the day be blessed!

Lmao Iím in my Mid 30ís son but thanks Junior

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:16 PM

A 3 pack box of tissues only costs about $4

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:18 PM

maybe sing him one of those Drake or Niki Minaj songs?

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:19 PM
or whatever you kids listen too nowadays

WaDe03
Lmao Iím in my Mid 30ís son but thanks Junior

I am very proud of you senior maybe even senor? Mid 30s with a great family, multiple restaurant owner, healthy, living in Cali, LeBron is on your favorite team, and your greatness is #1. You have nothing to be upset about so please keep your head up brother!!!

mightybosstone
No clue what point you're trying to make here. But I'll assume that's your way of admitting that you're a massive troll.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:21 PM
or whatever you kids listen too nowadays

This too shall pass, brighter days are ahead for you. God bless.

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:22 PM
I am very proud of you senior maybe even senor? Mid 30s with a great family, multiple restaurant owner, healthy, living in Cali, LeBron is on your favorite team, and your greatness is #1. You have nothing to be upset about so please keep your head up brother!!!

Regional Manger of 5 restaurants, soon to be 6. I'll open my first in about a year or two in Henderson Nevada.

WaDe03
No clue what point you're trying to make here. But I'll assume that's your way of admitting that you're a massive troll.

No youíre just really upset over all of this and itís been going for awhile now so I figured I would try and help find you something to dry the tears.

GREATNESS ONE

lmao now you got MBT mad!!!

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Regional Manger of 5 restaurants, soon to be 6. I'll open my first in about a year or two in Henderson Nevada.

Heck yea neighbor, keep that up! The best is yet to come and youíre only in your mid 30s the fun has just begun!!!!

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:24 PM
But Lillard isn't on Gobert's team, and Mitchell isn't on Lillard or Gobert's level yet. Mitchell is a damn good player, but I do think he's getting a little overrated lately. Dude still has a lot of room to grow.

The Pistons don't win that title without either guy. As far as who was more importantóBen or Billupsóit's kind of a moot point. They're equally important to that team, as far as I'm concerned. But the fact that the team won a title with Billups (a 17/6/4 guy) as its best offensive player proves my point.

Kawhi's early years get really, REALLY overrated on this site. You know what he averaged that in 2013-14 when the Spurs won that championship? 13/6/2/2 in 29 minutes a game over 66 games. Now, his advanced numbers were still great, but he was just a damn good role player at that point in his careeróhardly the superstar scorer he would become 2-3 years down the road.

I completely disagree. If we were to go through the list of all 30 NBA teams, I'm fairly certain we'd find a few teams where the best player wasn't the go-to scorer or the crunch time shotmaker. I can think of numerous teams throughout the years that made the playoffs where the best guy wasn't some superstar scorer.

We can agree to disagree then neighbor! Mitchell will be the clear cut Jazz best player next year.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:25 PM
lmao now you got MBT mad!!!

OH NOOOO!!!!! :ohno:

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:32 PM
On a serious note Greatness One I hope youíre investing some of those big dollars youíre making, it can be life changing pretty quick if you do it right brother!!!!!

GREATNESS ONE
09-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Investing it into myself and my dream, I want to open my own restaurant and not work for someone else. Even if he pays me well, Iím running down a dream. I will accomplish it and it will be very succesful.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Investing it into myself and my dream, I want to open my own restaurant and not work for someone else. Even if he pays me well, Iím running down a dream. I will accomplish it and it will be very succesful.

That a boy, way to be confident and keep it up!

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 04:48 PM
No youíre just really upset over all of this and itís been going for awhile now so I figured I would try and help find you something to dry the tears.

Awwww... That's adorable that you think you could upset me, pumpkin. But you couldn't if you tried (which you so clearly are). ;)

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Awwww... That's adorable that you think you could upset me, pumpkin. But you couldn't if you tried (which you so clearly are). ;)

Darn, was trying as hard as I could! So it didnít work? :(

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 05:01 PM
We can agree to disagree then neighbor! Mitchell will be the clear cut Jazz best player next year.

Wade03: Horrible at actual NBA basketball discussions; fantastic at side-stepping legitimate conversations, trolling while pretending he's not trolling, propping up his basketball career like he was the Michael Jordan of the community college scene and giving Dwyane Wade way, way more credit than he deserves.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Mightybosstone: very, very upset. Lives by the name mighty at a staggering 5í8, not a boss of any sort, his tone is pretty squeaky. Was cut at tryouts every year. Never did anything significant or just anything period with the game of basketball in his entrie life but will act like he knows more than someone who has because he believe advanced stats tell the whole story all the time. Refuses to buy tissues to dry his tears, instead just fills PSD with them.

mightybosstone
09-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Mightybosstone: very, very upset. Lives by the name mighty at a staggering 5í8, not a boss of any sort, his tone is pretty squeaky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Mighty_Bosstones

Was cut at tryouts every year.
Never tried out in the first place.

Never did anything significant or just anything period with the game of basketball in his entrie life but will act like he knows more than someone who has because he believe advanced stats tell the whole story all the time.
Never wanted to do anything in basketball. Never said advanced stats tell the whole storyóin fact I've said the opposite on many, many, many occasions.

Refuses to buy tissues to dry his tears, instead just fills PSD with them.
Nah. You keep trolling, though. At least you're being more obvious about your attempts now. Proud of you! :hi5:

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 07:48 PM

Never wanted to do anything in basketball. Never said advanced stats tell the whole storyóin fact I've said the opposite on many, many, many occasions.

Nah. You keep trolling, though. At least you're being more obvious about your attempts now. Proud of you! :hi5:

Thank you and god bless you!!!

Chronz
09-14-2018, 07:59 PM

Not to mention Billups sucked until the finals. I know a few Detroit fans (shout out to tropico, wherever you may be, you were my greatest adversary) who attested to that.

Chronz
09-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Mightybosstone: very, very upset. Lives by the name mighty at a staggering 5í8, not a boss of any sort, his tone is pretty squeaky. Was cut at tryouts every year. Never did anything significant or just anything period with the game of basketball in his entrie life but will act like he knows more than someone who has because he believe advanced stats tell the whole story all the time. Refuses to buy tissues to dry his tears, instead just fills PSD with them.

And he's back

Chronz
09-14-2018, 08:06 PM

Wiki doesn't tell us their height... I kid I kid

I was gonna get cut but I made the squad cuz of my hustle. When I found out I made the squad I got cocky and lackadaisical, my coach let that slide for 1 practice till he slapped me into shape. It's funny, the older I grew, the more appreciation I have for those teachers than the rest.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, the bieber Christian awakening bit is prolly troll move of the year.

Chronz
09-14-2018, 08:09 PM
I donít live in Florida my fellow sinner. We are all neighbors so you must love thee.

Sinner, senior, senor.

tredigs
09-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Wiki doesn't tell us their height... I kid I kid

I was gonna get cut but I made the squad cuz of my hustle. When I found out I made the squad I got cocky and lackadaisical, my coach let that slide for 1 practice till he slapped me into shape. It's funny, the older I grew, the more appreciation I have for those teachers than the rest.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, the bieber Christian awakening bit is prolly troll move of the year.

If you're actually trolled by it, God Bless.

ewing
09-14-2018, 09:38 PM

Excellent pose. It was not hampered by the fact that you gave up rhyming early on. Good choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Sinner, senior, senor.

The triple S theorem.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 10:01 PM
If you're actually trolled by it, God Bless.

May we all rejoice on this blessed Friday night!!!

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Excellent pose. It was not hampered by the fact that you gave up rhyming early on. Good choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! While Iím not proud of it because I had a relapse when MBT and GO started gang banging me a few pages back, I know I will learn from this failure. I also know god will forgive and has forgave me of all transgressions and sins I have committed in this world and going forward I promise to be a better version of me. May we all have a great Friday night leading in to a great weekend and May we all love thy neighbor as if the were thou kin!

God bless all of you!!!