PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum Attempting NBA Comeback

LaVar Ball
09-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Shams Charania

Former Lakers two-time champion and All-Star Andrew Bynum has hired representation in attempts of NBA comeback at age of 30 and scheduling team workouts before training camps.

Scoots
09-09-2018, 04:25 PM
No

c.c.
09-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Dude was never that good to me. Being on that Lakers team just over rated him.

jaydubb
09-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
09-09-2018, 05:27 PM

He was a classic example of having all the talent needed but a combo of bad mentality and injuries kept him from reaching his potential. I can't believe he's only 30.

ewing
09-09-2018, 07:12 PM
No

Why not? Dude can try and come back if he wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
09-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Why not? Dude can try and come back if he wants

I have no control over what he does. "No" is my opinion.

Chronz
09-09-2018, 07:57 PM

remember when dwight joined from la and everyone was bashing him. The hope was he was injured in la, not that he was overrated in la.

Bynum was legit

ewing
09-09-2018, 08:00 PM
I have no control over what he does. "No" is my opinion.

Ok

c.c.
09-09-2018, 11:06 PM
remember when dwight joined from la and everyone was bashing him. The hope was he was injured in la, not that he was overrated in la.

Bynum was legit

Even if he was legit back then, the center position has changed.

Hopefully he elevated his game.

FlashBolt
09-09-2018, 11:40 PM
Hard to respect someone who had potential to be a top three center but really never card enough once he got his money. Now that money is running dry, dude wants to return.

Eg714
09-10-2018, 04:15 AM
He always had the talent and the size to play it’s just his heart that’s not in it. I actually think he can still contribute and possible be good again if his knees hold up (big if). Bynum could of been ahead of his time if he was allowed to shoot 3s. I believe he could be a decent floor spereader possible a better lopez if everything goes right for him.

R. Johnson#3
09-10-2018, 08:55 AM
I dunno man. If you can’t go bowling without hurting yourself then maybe the NBA isn’t right for you?

FlashBolt
09-10-2018, 02:05 PM
He always had the talent and the size to play it’s just his heart that’s not in it. I actually think he can still contribute and possible be good again if his knees hold up (big if). Bynum could of been ahead of his time if he was allowed to shoot 3s. I believe he could be a decent floor spereader possible a better lopez if everything goes right for him.

What gave you the impression that Bynum could stretch the floor at all....? He was primarily regarded as a post player with good footwork.

MygirlhatesCod
09-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I feel like philly should be owed something if he comes back.

beasted86
09-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Did his knees suddenly heal? Attitude? Work ethic?

I would be greatly surprised if he ever plays professionally again, including G-League, China, etc.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Lol no way. The guy couldn't hack it in today's NBA. He couldn't even hack it when teams were playing real centers 4-5 years ago.

ldawg
09-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Bynum HA Ha. He must be running low on cash. Should have went back to school when he left the league.

ewing
09-11-2018, 06:25 AM
You guys are mean

WaDe03
09-11-2018, 11:44 AM
I saw a video and he looks terrible.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2018, 12:00 PM
did he get new knees and a Jenny Craig diet?

bleedprple&gold
09-11-2018, 01:38 PM
If I'm the Lakers I at least give him a workout, but I wouldn't be hopeful. But what can it hurt? They need help at center, but as others have stated his knees and work ethic can't be magically fixed, and the fact that he wants to come back now after being gone for several years probably is more due to the fact that he needs money than his desire to return to basketball, which again doesn't bode well for the work ethic issues. If he really loved the game, he would have at least tried to play overseas the last few years.

FlashBolt
09-11-2018, 07:53 PM
If I'm the Lakers I at least give him a workout, but I wouldn't be hopeful. But what can it hurt? They need help at center, but as others have stated his knees and work ethic can't be magically fixed, and the fact that he wants to come back now after being gone for several years probably is more due to the fact that he needs money than his desire to return to basketball, which again doesn't bode well for the work ethic issues. If he really loved the game, he would have at least tried to play overseas the last few years.

I think he'll be a clown tod deal with. Dude was immature and toxic to teams. Got injured bowling.. wtf?

MRSpock
09-12-2018, 01:43 AM
I think the attitude problems are blown out of proportion TBH. The LA media hates everyone that isn't Kobe or Magic (they hated the **** out of KAJ). His problems were ALWAYS injuries. He had hall of fame talent if he could stay on the court.

He was a HUGE part of those championship teams. Dude was the best big-man in the post when the Lakers won those 2. I remember Lakers fans were so quick to **** on him, and move on to Dwight Howard when he left. Till they realized Dwight Howard was a bum on offense.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 02:38 AM
I think the attitude problems are blown out of proportion TBH. The LA media hates everyone that isn't Kobe or Magic (they hated the **** out of KAJ). His problems were ALWAYS injuries. He had hall of fame talent if he could stay on the court.

He was a HUGE part of those championship teams. Dude was the best big-man in the post when the Lakers won those 2. I remember Lakers fans were so quick to **** on him, and move on to Dwight Howard when he left. Till they realized Dwight Howard was a bum on offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YgYCsamJnw

This dude is an absolute clown, man. He was so immature and I'm sure he's probably grown from it but that was his character. Massive waste of talent and never took care of his body once he secured the contract. Not to mention the numerous immaturity examples such as admitting he doesn't take part in huddles, sources saying he never liked basketball that much, and how he refused to play on certain teams. Why would any team want to deal with that? He couldn't play years ago, what makes anyone think the guy can play today?

MRSpock
09-12-2018, 06:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YgYCsamJnw

This dude is an absolute clown, man. He was so immature and I'm sure he's probably grown from it but that was his character. Massive waste of talent and never took care of his body once he secured the contract. Not to mention the numerous immaturity examples such as admitting he doesn't take part in huddles, sources saying he never liked basketball that much, and how he refused to play on certain teams. Why would any team want to deal with that? He couldn't play years ago, what makes anyone think the guy can play today?

How dare he have fun during a basketball game. Especially one where you beat the Spurs on their home court by 14. What an *******.

He dislocated his knee and was never the same. I don't think it had anything to do with him "not taking care of his body". He also had arthritis in both knees if I remember correctly.

I bet he liked basketball a lot less when he started tearing a ligament every year.

Edit: And BTW I don't think he should come back either. Nor did I ever say he should. My only point was he gets a bad wrap, and people don't appreciate what he did in LA, because Lakers fans are spoiled brats, and if you aren't a top five in your position all time, then you aren't worthy of anything.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 06:29 PM
How dare he have fun during a basketball game. Especially one where you beat the Spurs on their home court by 14. What an *******.

He dislocated his knee and was never the same. I don't think it had anything to do with him "not taking care of his body". He also had arthritis in both knees if I remember correctly.

I bet he liked basketball a lot less when he started tearing a ligament every year.

Edit: And BTW I don't think he should come back either. Nor did I ever say he should. My only point was he gets a bad wrap, and people don't appreciate what he did in LA, because Lakers fans are spoiled brats, and if you aren't a top five in your position all time, then you aren't worthy of anything.

Dude, by all accounts, he's immature. You trying to debate that is a losing take. It's one of those things where everyone knows just like how Nick Young and J.R. Smith are absolute goofballs. It wasn't about "having fun" during a basketball game. It's to show you his character and quite frankly, Andrew's definition of fun looked incredibly immature regardless of the score in the game.

When I said he never took care of his body, it was directed towards him not understanding what he shouldn't do. Going bowling when your knees are trying to recover is not a good idea and it kept him sidelined much longer because of it.

He gets a bad rep because he deserves it. Was he injured and does that happen often to big men in sports? Of course. But his repeated instances of immaturity is one that shouldn't be ignored and likely related to him being as injury-prone as he was. You're right on the Lakers part but there was a case in which Bynum kept shooting the ball from anywhere on the court despite him not practicing those shots and Cavs had to suspend him. Cavs were literally the only team taking the gamble on Bynum and the dude still didn't know when to grow up. Am I supposed to think positively of someone who behaves like that?

MRSpock
09-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Dude, by all accounts, he's immature. You trying to debate that is a losing take. It's one of those things where everyone knows just like how Nick Young and J.R. Smith are absolute goofballs. It wasn't about "having fun" during a basketball game. It's to show you his character and quite frankly, Andrew's definition of fun looked incredibly immature regardless of the score in the game.

When I said he never took care of his body, it was directed towards him not understanding what he shouldn't do. Going bowling when your knees are trying to recover is not a good idea and it kept him sidelined much longer because of it.

He gets a bad rep because he deserves it. Was he injured and does that happen often to big men in sports? Of course. But his repeated instances of immaturity is one that shouldn't be ignored and likely related to him being as injury-prone as he was. You're right on the Lakers part but there was a case in which Bynum kept shooting the ball from anywhere on the court despite him not practicing those shots and Cavs had to suspend him. Cavs were literally the only team taking the gamble on Bynum and the dude still didn't know when to grow up. Am I supposed to think positively of someone who behaves like that?

I think you are defniitely someone who sips on the LA media koolaid way too hard. Like he shouldn't go bowling? Forreal? Dude plays professional basketball for a living, and you're woried about the effects of bowling? Is he only allowed to sit down and ice his knees when he's not on a basketball court?

Immature moments are what you make of it. As long as the guy takes the right situations seriously, then it doesn't matter. Shaq was one of the most immature players of all time, and he was an all time great. The whole thing is a media driven red herring. Created by an over zealous LA media.

MRSpock
09-12-2018, 06:51 PM
I ask you... In your heart of hearts. Do you honestly think the man going bowling is a big issue... Or do you think MAYBE, the guy has weak knees and at any moment he's at risk of injury.... Hence his entire career.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 07:19 PM
I think you are defniitely someone who sips on the LA media koolaid way too hard. Like he shouldn't go bowling? Forreal? Dude plays professional basketball for a living, and you're woried about the effects of bowling? Is he only allowed to sit down and ice his knees when he's not on a basketball court?

Immature moments are what you make of it. As long as the guy takes the right situations seriously, then it doesn't matter. Shaq was one of the most immature players of all time, and he was an all time great. The whole thing is a media driven red herring. Created by an over zealous LA media.

You do realize NBA athletes are not allowed to do certain activities once they sign a contract, right? Bowling is not one of them but when you're injured and recovering from whatever knee issues you have, yes, you shouldn't be bowling. That's literally, common sense. He reaggravated his knee problems when he went bowling. What does that tell you? I'm not sipping on no LA media kool-aid because, in case you didn't know, he wasn't even playing for the Lakers during that bowling injury.. So really, I think the miscommunication here stems from you not having adequate information to speak on this.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 07:25 PM
I ask you... In your heart of hearts. Do you honestly think the man going bowling is a big issue... Or do you think MAYBE, the guy has weak knees and at any moment he's at risk of injury.... Hence his entire career.
If you are going through an injury, yes, the smart thing to do is not to bowl or engage in any physical activity that could aggravate the injury. That's common sense. Your doctor, if you were injured, will give you a list of things you shouldn't do and it's up to you to be the mature adult to set your limitations. Andrew Bynum isn't a child. He chose to ignore advice and went bowling, reaggravated his knee further, and paid the consequences for it. The media, Philly-based hated it. For reference, this isn't just me targeting Bynum. They disliked it all the same when Embiid went bowling while going through an injury. If a player wants to go bowling, they have the right to. But when you're going through an injury, it's quite immature to do so considering a team is paying you millions to literally, recover from whatever it is you're going through. Shows a complete lack of respect.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 07:27 PM

Immaturity is not the root problem for Bynum's downfall but he never had the skills to compensate for that. Shaq did.

MRSpock
09-12-2018, 09:01 PM
You do realize NBA athletes are not allowed to do certain activities once they sign a contract, right? Bowling is not one of them but when you're injured and recovering from whatever knee issues you have, yes, you shouldn't be bowling. That's literally, common sense. He reaggravated his knee problems when he went bowling. What does that tell you? I'm not sipping on no LA media kool-aid because, in case you didn't know, he wasn't even playing for the Lakers during that bowling injury.. So really, I think the miscommunication here stems from you not having adequate information to speak on this.

Whatever dude. I don't even think there was a provision in his contract that "prevents bowling" but I'm sure you're information is "adequate" of course lol.

It doesn't matter what team he was on. The narrative was started in LA and continued to follow him. And it is completely over blown. While people like you claim **** like "he didn't take care of his body"... Why because he's a center with weak knee's? LOL. You are working your way backward from a conclusion my friend lol.

FlashBolt
09-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Whatever dude. I don't even think there was a provision in his contract that "prevents bowling" but I'm sure you're information is "adequate" of course lol.

It doesn't matter what team he was on. The narrative was started in LA and continued to follow him. And it is completely over blown. While people like you claim **** like "he didn't take care of his body"... Why because he's a center with weak knee's? LOL. You are working your way backward from a conclusion my friend lol.

"Every league’s uniform player contract includes a description of banned activities, and teams can add their own touches to all or individual contracts.

The clauses began showing up in baseball contracts, which were guaranteed thanks to the sport’s strong union. After Lonborg’s injury – which led indirectly to a shoulder injury and a series of wayward seasons – the prohibitions became baked-in to contracts.

For example, the standard NBA contract specifically prohibits boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding. How should a hang-gliding enthusiast bide his time until his NBA career expires? Well, the contract expressly permits golf, tennis, handball, swimming, hiking, softball and volleyball."

So you think it's wise advice to go bowling when you're dealing with a knee issue? I said he didn't take care of his body because if he's out there bowling while dealing with an injury, what makes you think he's making an active and legitimate approach to dedicate himself to being healthy? Common sense, homie. Shouldn't be speaking on a subject in which you can't even take a minute of your time to Google what the situation is. I don't know what the provisions are but they seem to be the standard, "Don't get hurt on our time doing something irrelevant." The fact Bynum was being paid to recover and still did something stupid enough to reaggravate his knee is inexcusable and immature.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-andrew-bynum-injured-knee-bowling/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/sixers/2012/11/18/bynum-injures-knee-bowling/1712877/

All articles point to Bynum admitting he injured his other knee bowling and that he shouldn't have done it. Bynum is fortunate he still gets paid millions while being injured. Your average person would have been replaced and fired.

MRSpock
09-13-2018, 06:28 AM
"Every league’s uniform player contract includes a description of banned activities, and teams can add their own touches to all or individual contracts.

The clauses began showing up in baseball contracts, which were guaranteed thanks to the sport’s strong union. After Lonborg’s injury – which led indirectly to a shoulder injury and a series of wayward seasons – the prohibitions became baked-in to contracts.

For example, the standard NBA contract specifically prohibits boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding. How should a hang-gliding enthusiast bide his time until his NBA career expires? Well, the contract expressly permits golf, tennis, handball, swimming, hiking, softball and volleyball."

So you think it's wise advice to go bowling when you're dealing with a knee issue? I said he didn't take care of his body because if he's out there bowling while dealing with an injury, what makes you think he's making an active and legitimate approach to dedicate himself to being healthy? Common sense, homie. Shouldn't be speaking on a subject in which you can't even take a minute of your time to Google what the situation is. I don't know what the provisions are but they seem to be the standard, "Don't get hurt on our time doing something irrelevant." The fact Bynum was being paid to recover and still did something stupid enough to reaggravate his knee is inexcusable and immature.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-andrew-bynum-injured-knee-bowling/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/sixers/2012/11/18/bynum-injures-knee-bowling/1712877/

All articles point to Bynum admitting he injured his other knee bowling and that he shouldn't have done it. Bynum is fortunate he still gets paid millions while being injured. Your average person would have been replaced and fired.

Funny. Don't see bowling on that list. Almost like teams don't find bowling as a strenuous enough activity to put it as a limitation.

I also like how you say "I shouldn't be speaking on a subject" when you have put 0 proof that bowling was against his contract.

Maybe you can find another video of Bynum having fun with his teammates and spin it into him being "too immature". And what exactly is your point BTW? "He doesn't take care of his body, look he goes bowling!"

Anyways, I see you are too emotional to have a rational conversaiton, and are starting to whip out the insults. When you put on your big boy pants I'll have a real conversation with ya. Till then toodles.

FlashBolt
09-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Funny. Don't see bowling on that list. Almost like teams don't find bowling as a strenuous enough activity to put it as a limitation.

I also like how you say "I shouldn't be speaking on a subject" when you have put 0 proof that bowling was against his contract.

Maybe you can find another video of Bynum having fun with his teammates and spin it into him being "too immature". And what exactly is your point BTW? "He doesn't take care of his body, look he goes bowling!"

Anyways, I see you are too emotional to have a rational conversaiton, and are starting to whip out the insults. When you put on your big boy pants I'll have a real conversation with ya. Till then toodles.

I don't think you understand. Bowling isn't on the list because who has really gotten severely injured bowling? That's not the point. The point is, Bynum should have known his limitations and him bowling DID in fact cause him to reaggravate an injury that he should have been rehabitiliating. I don't need to insult you. You've quite done that to yourself by showing your inability to grasp logic. It's funny you say he was having fun with his teammates when he admitted that bowling caused his other knee to get injured.. is there something you failed to comprehend there?

MRSpock
09-14-2018, 06:57 AM
I don't think you understand. Bowling isn't on the list because who has really gotten severely injured bowling? That's not the point. The point is, Bynum should have known his limitations and him bowling DID in fact cause him to reaggravate an injury that he should have been rehabitiliating. I don't need to insult you. You've quite done that to yourself by showing your inability to grasp logic. It's funny you say he was having fun with his teammates when he admitted that bowling caused his other knee to get injured.. is there something you failed to comprehend there?

The video you posted is what I meant by "having fun with his teammates". I figured when I pointed out the video you posted, you'd figure it out. But you probably just youtubed "Bynum being immature" and posted the first thing that popped up without actually watching it. When he's trying to steal the ball from his teammates?

It's okay though. When people get emotional, reading comprehension goes out the window. It's understandable. :)

FlashBolt
09-14-2018, 09:48 AM
The video you posted is what I meant by "having fun with his teammates". I figured when I pointed out the video you posted, you'd figure it out. But you probably just youtubed "Bynum being immature" and posted the first thing that popped up without actually watching it. When he's trying to steal the ball from his teammates?

It's okay though. When people get emotional, reading comprehension goes out the window. It's understandable. :)

The video is to showcase one of many examples of his character. It went through your head because well, everything seems to be. Buddy, this isn't difficult. He's a grown man in a professional league that rakes in billions of dollars and he is expected to conduct himself as a professional. He went and injured his knee going bowling when every doctor will tell you to stay away from any stringest physical activity. Considering Bynum's severity in his other knee, it only made sense for him to understand his limitations. This is basic level of common sense. If you can't comprehend that, then you my friend are not a very bright individual.

MRSpock
09-15-2018, 06:47 AM
The video is to showcase one of many examples of his character. It went through your head because well, everything seems to be. Buddy, this isn't difficult. He's a grown man in a professional league that rakes in billions of dollars and he is expected to conduct himself as a professional. He went and injured his knee going bowling when every doctor will tell you to stay away from any stringest physical activity. Considering Bynum's severity in his other knee, it only made sense for him to understand his limitations. This is basic level of common sense. If you can't comprehend that, then you my friend are not a very bright individual.

Lol. You trying to blow up him joking around during the end of a basketball game, is straight pathetic.

And back to the insults I see. You have capitulated this argument "my friend" because of your inability to avoid going into childish name calling. Oh the irony of you questioning anyones maturity lolololol.

Anyways forreal this time. I'm not interested in over emotional, childish arguments. Have a good one.

beasted86
09-15-2018, 02:35 PM
I recall Bynum with a number of incidents that drew attention to his suspect maturity/attitude/work-ethic.

Shunning Kareem stating he didn't want to work with him. Waiting to get knee surgery because he wanted to vacation. Going bowling and wrecking his rehab. Throwing a sore-loser cheapshot elbow in a decided series sweep. The infamous "Mike Brown Lakers 3pter". Disrupting Cavs practices and purposely shooting the ball literally every time it was passed to him. These are just a couple I remember.

I'm shocked anyone is defending him. Not sure why.

beasted86
09-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Lol. You trying to blow up him joking around during the end of a basketball game, is straight pathetic.

And back to the insults I see. You have capitulated this argument "my friend" because of your inability to avoid going into childish name calling. Oh the irony of you questioning anyones maturity lolololol.

Anyways forreal this time. I'm not interested in over emotional, childish arguments. Have a good one.

Yeah he's always fiending for another long vacation in the village. Takes his sports opinions and takes way too personally.

MRSpock
09-15-2018, 05:45 PM
I recall Bynum with a number of incidents that drew attention to his suspect maturity/attitude/work-ethic.

Shunning Kareem stating he didn't want to work with him. Waiting to get knee surgery because he wanted to vacation. Going bowling and wrecking his rehab. Throwing a sore-loser cheapshot elbow in a decided series sweep. The infamous "Mike Brown Lakers 3pter". Disrupting Cavs practices and purposely shooting the ball literally every time it was passed to him. These are just a couple I remember.

I'm not saying there aren't moments where he can be immature. I'm sure there's some truth there. I just don't buy the narrative that his immaturity was the reason he isn't in the league. Dude has been hobbled since age 23.

And the fact that this dude shows a video fo him trying to take the ball from his teammate whose icing the game... I mean, come on. Is this really "proof" of anything? Lol. It's such an overblown narrative, that people are willing to take any moment and spin it into "look how immature he is".

Why am I defending Andrew? Because I think people are way to harsh. Was he maybe not as committed to basketball as he should be? Maybe. Was he still a huge factor on 2 championship teams? His presence in the paint, on both sides of the ball were a huge integeral part to the Lakers success. It was his knees that stopped him from being effective anymore. And it seemed like every time he'd go on some streak where he'd have like 5 games going 25pts 10 rebound on average, he'd all of a sudden get hurt and be out 6 weeks. His body impeded his play more than anything.

And again when I read stories like "he was shooting every time he got the ball in practice". Bro, Shaq showed up buck *** naked in practice once. Was a total goofball. He still knew when to put his game face on, and go to work. And even Phil has praised Bynum's competitive nature on the court.

He was just an easy scapegoat for the pathetic LA media when they lost to Boston. Especially since he took his jersey off before he went to the locker room, spinning it into some defining anti-laker moment.

So overall I don't think Bynum should be immune from any criticism, but people who are trying to paint him, as this huge head case that is impossible to win with, need to take a step back, and have a reality check.

Chronz
09-15-2018, 07:30 PM

He was a throwback and dominant back to the basket guy. Fun to watch, imagine if he gave a ****

FlashBolt
09-16-2018, 12:55 AM
Yeah he's always fiending for another long vacation in the village. Takes his sports opinions and takes way too personally.

Seems like you're taking it personally since I don't even remember you but clearly affected your emotions. Nice to know you think of me, baby boy.

MRSpock
09-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Irony.

FlashBolt
09-17-2018, 05:52 AM
Irony.

You had misinformation and came into the thread thinking NBA players are allowed to have fun at the cost of the team. Reevaluate your situation, bud. You don't get to drink or take shots at your workplace (unless it involves doing so) without paying the consequences. Bynum didn't take it serious because he's a repeat offender of being immature. If you seriously can't grasp that the NBA is a professional league and athletes should behave accordingly, you're unlikely able to comprehend simple and fundamental thinking in any scenario of life. Now have a good day, my baby boy.

MRSpock
09-17-2018, 03:27 PM
You had misinformation and came into the thread thinking NBA players are allowed to have fun at the cost of the team. Reevaluate your situation, bud. You don't get to drink or take shots at your workplace (unless it involves doing so) without paying the consequences. Bynum didn't take it serious because he's a repeat offender of being immature. If you seriously can't grasp that the NBA is a professional league and athletes should behave accordingly, you're unlikely able to comprehend simple and fundamental thinking in any scenario of life. Now have a good day, my baby boy.

Lol. Drinking at work is your analogy for bowling on your day off? Genius. Is the whole process of your genius analogy "bowling on day off = bad, drinking at work = bad, so therefore they are equivalent". LOL. The lack of any intellect in this analogy is blowing my mind.

And weren't you the one that started off saying that "NBA players aren't allowed to do things that risk injury because of their contract" even though you couldn't find one provision that says NBA players aren't allowed to bowl?

It must be nice to lack so much self awareness that you constantly look at yourself as the hero in every story lololol. Oh my bad I meant that it's pathetic lol.

FlashBolt
09-17-2018, 03:46 PM
Lol. Drinking at work is your analogy for bowling on your day off? Genius. Is the whole process of your genius analogy "bowling on day off = bad, drinking at work = bad, so therefore they are equivalent". LOL. The lack of any intellect in this analogy is blowing my mind.

And weren't you the one that started off saying that "NBA players aren't allowed to do things that risk injury because of their contract" even though you couldn't find one provision that says NBA players aren't allowed to bowl?

It must be nice to lack so much self awareness that you constantly look at yourself as the hero in every story lololol. Oh my bad I meant that it's pathetic lol.

1) It isn't in the contracts because as I stated, it's way too vague. Bowling isn't considered a dangerous activity in the way snowboarding or skydiving is. It's up to the players to have some common sense on their limitations. If you are hurt and know you shouldn't be doing anything physically imposing, you don't do it.

2) My drinking analogy is to show proper conduct. He's not a lawyer or doctor but any other individual in a professional field has to behave in an orderly conduct. Why should Bynum be held to a different standard because he's trying to have fun?

3) It's funny how you try and paint me out as the one insulting you when you've been pushing your insults for quite some time now. This is the final time I will respond to an amateur such as yourself. You are clearly incapable, to the highest degree, of understanding basic concepts so I wouldn't put it past you to continue being as ignorant as you are not only in this subject but also in most subjects of your life. Bynum admitted he was injured and shouldn't have been bowling as it injured his knee. Yet, you're telling me he was just having fun. Bynum HIMSELF admitted he shouldn't have been doing it. If Bynum can admit his fault, what are you defending him? Oh right, because you have no idea what you're talking about because per usual, you really don't think when you type. Continue on, sir. Keep thinking Bynum should have fun instead of rehabilitating an injury at the expense of a team paying him nearly $18 million dollars per year to STAY HEALTHY. I can tell who's a dummy and you sure are one.

Chronz
09-17-2018, 09:03 PM

What's wrong with drinking on the job

MRSpock
09-18-2018, 07:14 AM
What's wrong with drinking on the job

Lol! As long as you remember sharing is caring.

MRSpock
09-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Ugh I was going to go into a long post about how doctors/lawyers are different than basketball players. Or how you called bowling something "physically imposing" but whatever. What's the point. This is like arguing with a teenage girl over who should win American Idol.

Edit: Way better analogy than yours BTW lol

LeonFSU
09-26-2018, 11:56 PM
He looked to be in better shape than I was expecting.

Scoots
09-27-2018, 09:43 AM

You could replace Bynum with Dwight Howard in that paragraph and it would fit too.