PDA

View Full Version : Players cannot get injured, How does any of the past seasons play out?

Vampirate
09-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Without injuries how does the past seasons play out?

How might that change things up to this point?

GREATNESS ONE
09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Lakers win

Cal827
09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Lakers win

Cal827
09-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Also, 2017 year playoffs would've been a fair bit more interesting. Utah/San Antonio would've probably taken at least one or two games from the Warriors if Gobert/Kawhi were healthy. Raptors might have taken a game or two if Lowry didn't get hurt in game 2. Celtics might have been able to steal both games in Cleveland if Thomas was healthy.

If we go back to 2016, it would've been Miami-Cleveland in the ECF as Bosh would have Miami beating Toronto out in 7. Clippers probably advance to the 2nd round... The Warriors would coast through as Steph would be healthy and very likely would have closed it out with him and Bogut healthy vs the Cavs. (Just like the Cavs would've probably beaten the Warriors in 2015 if Irving/Love were 100%).

FlashBolt
09-02-2018, 10:55 PM
I think 100% Cavs win 2014-2015 if Kyrie/Love were healthy.
I think Houston has a great shot at beating the Warriors but CP3's injury was a huge blow for them.

Can't think of any other major injuries where I would say it would have been a major upset. That Kawhi one comes to mind but it was really just one game. I don't think he would have been able to slow KD down for four.

tredigs
09-03-2018, 12:16 AM
I think 100% Cavs win 2014-2015 if Kyrie/Love were healthy.
I think Houston has a great shot at beating the Warriors but CP3's injury was a huge blow for them.

Can't think of any other major injuries where I would say it would have been a major upset. That Kawhi one comes to mind but it was really just one game. I don't think he would have been able to slow KD down for four.
If Igoudala does not go down, that series is a wrap in 5.

If Draymond is not supsended, that series is a wrap as well and we're looking at a 4 peat. 4 of 5 ain't bad though. Won't be topped in modern history, that's for sure.

FlashBolt
09-03-2018, 12:36 AM

If Draymond is not supsended, that series is a wrap as well and we're looking at a 4 peat. 4 of 5 ain't bad though. Won't be topped in modern history, that's for sure.

1) Pretty sure losing Kyrie and Love were more definitive losses than Warriors having a hampered Iguodala. You'll definitely have a much more difficult time trying to argue that the 4th or 5th best player on the team being injured is the reason why Cleveland won when it's pretty undeniable that a team losing their 2nd and 3rd best player is significantly outmatched against the best team in the NBA.

2) He wasn't injured so this is a moot argument. That was a valid suspension based on a history of dirty and questionable calls against Draymond.

GREATNESS ONE
09-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Lakers win.

Vee-Rex
09-03-2018, 08:12 AM

1. Draymond being suspended has nothing to do with the thread. It's about injuries.

2. Iguodala tweaked his back in game 6, while the Warriors were already getting annihilated. They were losing that game no matter what they tried to do. He was a little banged up but otherwise 'healthy' for game 7.

goingfor28
09-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Rockets beat Warriors this past year for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
09-03-2018, 08:58 AM
The main thing that jumps out to me is that the Warriors would likely have at least one fewer title (I'm ready for the fury of Warriors fans on this one, but it's absolutely true.) If you look at their three titles, they were major beneficiaries of key injuries on their way to all three rings:

2014-15: Olynyk causes Love to dislocate his shoulder in Game 4 of the first round, and Love misses the rest of the playoffs. Meanwhile, Kyrie goes down in Game 1 against the Warriors with a knee injury and misses the rest of the series. Despite missing the team's No. 2 and No. 3 offensively, the Cavs still push the Warriors to six games.

2016-17: With a large lead, the Spurs seemed certain to take Game 1 from the Warriors before Kawhi landed on Zaza's foot and missed the rest of the series. Golden State immediately goes on an 18-0 run and wins that game, sweeping the Spurs like they did the rest of the West. I actually don't think the Spurs would have taken this series even if Kawhi was healthy, but it's still always going to be a question mark.

2017-18: This one is obviously the most personal, but Chris Paul missing Game 6 and Game 7 will probably go down as the most painful "what if" in Houston Rockets history for me. Does CP3 being healthy guarantee the Rockets a championship? Definitely not. But he had been the MVP of that series for Houston up to that point, and the Rockets just had no offensive rhythm when Harden was sitting or wasn't hitting shots in those last two games.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from the Warriors here. Health is part of the game, and if you can't stay healthy, there is no consolation prize for you. Hell, it's possible they still would have won all three titles regardless of health, but I'd say the odds point against it. Between a healthy Cavs team in 2014-15 and a healthy Rockets team in 2017-18, I do think the Warriors would have lost one of those series.

Vee-Rex
09-03-2018, 09:46 AM
The main thing that jumps out to me is that the Warriors would likely have at least one fewer title (I'm ready for the fury of Warriors fans on this one, but it's absolutely true.) If you look at their three titles, they were major beneficiaries of key injuries on their way to all three rings:

2014-15: Olynyk causes Love to dislocate his shoulder in Game 4 of the first round, and Love misses the rest of the playoffs. Meanwhile, Kyrie goes down in Game 1 against the Warriors with a knee injury and misses the rest of the series. Despite missing the team's No. 2 and No. 3 offensively, the Cavs still push the Warriors to six games.

2016-17: With a large lead, the Spurs seemed certain to take Game 1 from the Warriors before Kawhi landed on Zaza's foot and missed the rest of the series. Golden State immediately goes on an 18-0 run and wins that game, sweeping the Spurs like they did the rest of the West. I actually don't think the Spurs would have taken this series even if Kawhi was healthy, but it's still always going to be a question mark.

2017-18: This one is obviously the most personal, but Chris Paul missing Game 6 and Game 7 will probably go down as the most painful "what if" in Houston Rockets history for me. Does CP3 being healthy guarantee the Rockets a championship? Definitely not. But he had been the MVP of that series for Houston up to that point, and the Rockets just had no offensive rhythm when Harden was sitting or wasn't hitting shots in those last two games.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from the Warriors here. Health is part of the game, and if you can't stay healthy, there is no consolation prize for you. Hell, it's possible they still would have won all three titles regardless of health, but I'd say the odds point against it. Between a healthy Cavs team in 2014-15 and a healthy Rockets team in 2017-18, I do think the Warriors would have lost one of those series.

You're opening up a can of worms.

Incoming tons of Warriors fans, mods, gods, Durant, etc... to put a stop to this.

Chronz
09-03-2018, 09:48 AM
1) Pretty sure losing Kyrie and Love were more definitive losses than Warriors having a hampered Iguodala. You'll definitely have a much more difficult time trying to argue that the 4th or 5th best player on the team being injured is the reason why Cleveland won when it's pretty undeniable that a team losing their 2nd and 3rd best player is significantly outmatched against the best team in the NBA.

2) He wasn't injured so this is a moot argument. That was a valid suspension based on a history of dirty and questionable calls against Draymond.

He's talking about the rockets series without Iggy around, maybe cp3 doesn't get injured if they're out in 5

warfelg
09-03-2018, 10:27 AM
I wanna know what two past injuries effects would happen if they never occurred:

Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2018, 12:32 PM
The Warriors still win.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2018, 12:34 PM
I wanna know what two past injuries effects would happen if they never occurred:

Gotta include Penny in that group.

archdevil84
09-03-2018, 12:51 PM

and add wade to that list

warfelg
09-03-2018, 12:53 PM

I'd honestly be more interested in Shawn Livingston.

GREATNESS ONE
09-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Lakers win.

Chronz
09-03-2018, 01:06 PM
and add wade to that list
Not as sad, wade could've prolonged his career, those guys had no chance

Chronz
09-03-2018, 01:07 PM
I'd honestly be more interested in Shawn Livingston.

Shaun. Meh, maybe but he appeared to not be on route. It'd be like lonzo getting injured and us wondering

FlashBolt
09-03-2018, 02:24 PM
He's talking about the rockets series without Iggy around, maybe cp3 doesn't get injured if they're out in 5

Am I supposed to believe that the 5th or 6th best player on a team is the reason they were losing the series, though? I mean, that's tough to believe. If that's true, that's a total hit on Curry/Durant/Klay in having to rely on the 5th best player on their team to handily win a series they should be winning. Iggy was and is already on the decline, honestly.

Chronz
09-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Am I supposed to believe that the 5th or 6th best player on a team is the reason they were losing the series, though? I mean, that's tough to believe. If that's true, that's a total hit on Curry/Durant/Klay in having to rely on the 5th best player on their team to handily win a series they should be winning. Iggy was and is already on the decline, honestly.
Always more than 1 reason a team loses but the timing and depth chart of the moment make it likely. The team had a plethora of useless bigs and no wings, so you can say 5th best player but on a team this stacked, he's still the guy the rockets pursued heavily and would be higher up their totem pole.

You're right about it being a hit, but they did win handily when healthy. The ONLY reason I might disagree is because people ignore Moutes injury too easily and he's way down the rockets hierarchy.

Depth matters more on a team full of chokers

SportsFanatic10
09-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Not as sad, wade could've prolonged his career, those guys had no chance

I keep hearing this. As someone who has been around this site a long long time. I hardly post but this has been my home page since prob 2007. Mostly just lurk and use other forums here and there. I know u know ur stuff and respect ur opinion.

But please explain how he could of prolonged his career differently. I get it in the sense compared to those others who had worse injuries. But Wade stayed true to who he was as a basketball player and i dont think people realize you cant just become a 3pt shooter or whatever through hard work. You guys really dont think he worked on it and tried? Just curious to hear ur take.

Wade does belong on that list tho because he was legit almost Lebron level good in his prime. If that lasted longer were talking bout a top 10 player ever here. Mcgrady another great case.

Cal827
09-03-2018, 08:49 PM
If we're gonna go really far back:

The Rockets probably go to the NBA finals at least once with healthy T-Mac/Ming... I'm thinking that year where the Lakers ousted them in 7, but they didn't have either guys. I forgot the year, but if that was 2009, then they'd probably win the title too over Orlando.

Also, if Wade was still playing like he was in 2011, there's a good chance that Lebron would've postponed his reunion with Cleveland and stayed where they would still be serious contenders and quite possibly have had a 3 peat (the 2014 series vs the Spurs would have probably been much closer)... So Kyrie would have his own team, there would be no title in Cleveland in 2016 and we'd probably be in another row of Heat-Warrior finals matchups :laugh2:

Noel healthy off the get go could've impacted Philly's play and they might not have gotten Embiid. Hell, or if they had gotten Embiid, he might have made a huge impact right away and they wouldn't have been bad enough to get Simmons.

JordansBulls
09-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Bulls win the title in 2012 and 2013 without the injury to Derrick Rose.

FlashBolt
09-04-2018, 03:13 AM
Bulls win the title in 2012 and 2013 without the injury to Derrick Rose.

Permission to use this as my signature?

nastynice
09-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Cavs coulda won the first match-up with healthy kyrie and love, woulda been close.

Warriors almost certainly would've won the 73 win season with a healthy curry, bogut, and iggy

Last two years, makes no diff. Back to back, looking for the 3 peat.

nastynice
09-04-2018, 03:32 AM

Grant Hill was absolutely ridiculous when he first entered.

More-Than-Most
09-04-2018, 05:30 AM
even with kyrie and love the cavs dont win please just stop... neither guy is the 2 way player that would have helped them win that series against a far far far superior team... That all being said the bigger question would be if KL doesnt go down do the spurs with that series... Honestly with his 2 way play and the spurs all around defense they actually might have upset the GOAT team.

WaDe03
09-04-2018, 12:09 PM
The Heat win it all with Bosh and Whiteside healthy in 2016 with Wade winning another FMVP.

Heat win in 2005 and 2007 with healthy Wade who adds 2 more rings and 2 more FMVPs to total:

6 rings and 4 FMVPs and is know as the best or 2nd best player ever.

God bless!

WaDe03
09-04-2018, 12:12 PM
even with kyrie and love the cavs dont win please just stop... neither guy is the 2 way player that would have helped them win that series against a far far far superior team... That all being said the bigger question would be if KL doesnt go down do the spurs with that series... Honestly with his 2 way play and the spurs all around defense they actually might have upset the GOAT team.

Great morning! This is a bad post my friend. The Cavs would’ve been much more likely to beat the Warriors on 2015 than the spurs in 2017 and it’s not close.

mightybosstone
09-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I definitely can't say I agree with this. A Cavs team that pushed the Warriors to six games without two of its three best players is somehow less likely to win that series if healthy than the Spurs with Leonard against an even BETTER Warriors team with Durant? I don't understand your logic behind that at all. You're putting way too much weight on the whole "two-way player" thing and not giving enough consideration to talent overall.

kdspurman
09-04-2018, 01:51 PM

And it was KD's first season, that was the best time to try and catch em' off guard. They hadn't had that kind of adversity of being down so much at all really to that point, so to take that first punch in the mouth, it would've been interesting how the rest of the series played out.

FlashBolt
09-04-2018, 02:25 PM

LeBron was able to take them to six games until his team ran out of juice. Mainly, Matthew Delly was dehydrated after every game and was hospitalized at one point. Kyrie would have definitely been a much needed improvement over Delly.. They would have won. It was literally a LeBron vs Warriors matchup the entire time and it's why Iguodala was Finals MVP.

Vee-Rex
09-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I definitely can't say I agree with this. A Cavs team that pushed the Warriors to six games without two of its three best players is somehow less likely to win that series if healthy than the Spurs with Leonard against an even BETTER Warriors team with Durant? I don't understand your logic behind that at all. You're putting way too much weight on the whole "two-way player" thing and not giving enough consideration to talent overall.

No need to bother: he's a LeBron stan with an agenda. Ask him about Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh, and any other of Lebron's former teammates. He'll trash them relentlessly to try to make LeBron look better.

Only time he stops slurping on LeBron is when he's slurping on Embiid. :laugh2:

Saddletramp
09-04-2018, 03:56 PM

Woah, woah, woah. Cool your jets. I said barring injury, the series would go about 4 or 5 for the Warriors. You said it was going to be an epic 6 or 7 game series. It was well on its way to being over in 5 before Iguadala got hurt and then the Rockets took over until Paul got hurt. After the series you were claiming how right you were while I said it only went 7 because of injuries. Now you’re saying that it woulda been over in 5 if not for AI’s injury? And don’t say you were right on both counts because no one knows about injuries and you didn’t call that anyway.

****ing flip flopper. Which is it? The series woulda been over in 5 with a healthy Iguadala like you’re saying now or it was always destined to be a 6 or 7 game classic like you were saying before and claiming you called after it ended?

As others have pointed out, we’re talking about injuries, not getting suspended. Also, Green played in games 6 and 7. What’s your excuse for him in those?

Terrible ****ing post.

Hawkeye15
09-04-2018, 04:27 PM
I mean, winning a title not only comes from being good, but lucky. Most teams that win it all were simply the healthiest/hottest at the right time of the collection of good teams that season.

Chronz
09-04-2018, 06:46 PM
And it was KD's first season, that was the best time to try and catch em' off guard. They hadn't had that kind of adversity of being down so much at all really to that point, so to take that first punch in the mouth, it would've been interesting how the rest of the series played out.
I see it the other way around, this was the year to catch them. 1 player ain't making up the difference given the beating they laid on the spurs

warfelg
09-04-2018, 07:26 PM
I got your league altering what if injury:

What if Joel Embiid wasn't injured and the Cleveland Cavilers drafted him #1?

kdspurman
09-04-2018, 07:39 PM
I see it the other way around, this was the year to catch them. 1 player ain't making up the difference given the beating they laid on the spurs

When that player is the best on both ends of the court? Yea, it makes quite a difference lol. Depending on that 1 player, it's absolutely the difference between getting swept and/or pulling off the upset.

Cal827
09-04-2018, 08:53 PM
When that player is the best on both ends of the court? Yea, it makes quite a difference lol. Depending on that 1 player, it's absolutely the difference between getting swept and/or pulling off the upset.

I'm not here to comment on what you said, just want to give you cudos to that absolutely AMAZING SIG :clap:

The absolute best that I've seen in ages, and quite possibly ever.

Ahriman
09-05-2018, 03:12 AM
I will always wonder what would have happened if Cassell did not get injured in the 2004 WCF. I think Minny would have beaten the Lakers but that would have been a tight contest with Detroit

nastynice
09-05-2018, 05:35 AM
I'm not here to comment on what you said, just want to give you cudos to that absolutely AMAZING SIG :clap:

It is nice

Heediot
09-05-2018, 11:03 AM

He'll be in minny as part of the twin towers with towns.

FlashBolt
09-05-2018, 12:54 PM

Kyrie+Embiid+LeBron? Lord almighty.

Chronz
09-05-2018, 05:12 PM

I would take those odds any day, I can't think of very many examples where this would hold true. The dubs wouldn't flinch losing a single star. Best on both ends? He's the 2nd or 3rd best player in the series tho .

Cal827
09-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Kyrie+Embiid+LeBron? Lord almighty.

But didn't Cleveland trade away that pick in the Kevin Love trade? I think that it would probably would still be sent over in the deal.

In that being said, the T'wolves probably wouldn't have Towns :laugh2:

kdspurman
09-06-2018, 10:26 AM
I would take those odds any day, I can't think of very many examples where this would hold true. The dubs wouldn't flinch losing a single star. Best on both ends? He's the 2nd or 3rd best player in the series tho .

At that time, he was playing like the best, easily. and the dubs are obviously a different animal when it comes to losing a player lol

kdspurman
09-06-2018, 10:28 AM

:hi5:

Thanks man.. I saw it surface back in 2014, and thought it was fitting for now. My only gripe with it was they didn't use a really young TD lol. But it's pretty dope nonetheless

Chronz
09-06-2018, 10:50 AM
At that time, he was playing like the best, easily. and the dubs are obviously a different animal when it comes to losing a player lol

That's why I don't buy it, can't even think of such an example

Saddletramp
09-10-2018, 11:56 PM
Woah, woah, woah. Cool your jets. I said barring injury, the series would go about 4 or 5 for the Warriors. You said it was going to be an epic 6 or 7 game series. It was well on its way to being over in 5 before Iguadala got hurt and then the Rockets took over until Paul got hurt. After the series you were claiming how right you were while I said it only went 7 because of injuries. Now you’re saying that it woulda been over in 5 if not for AI’s injury? And don’t say you were right on both counts because no one knows about injuries and you didn’t call that anyway.

****ing flip flopper. Which is it? The series woulda been over in 5 with a healthy Iguadala like you’re saying now or it was always destined to be a 6 or 7 game classic like you were saying before and claiming you called after it ended?

As others have pointed out, we’re talking about injuries, not getting suspended. Also, Green played in games 6 and 7. What’s your excuse for him in those?

Terrible ****ing post.

:crickets: Not surprising. It’s been a week and he’s posted in other threads. Quick to say I told you so when he’s right but goes ghost when his ******** is pointed out.

FlashBolt
09-11-2018, 12:41 AM
But didn't Cleveland trade away that pick in the Kevin Love trade? I think that it would probably would still be sent over in the deal.

In that being said, the T'wolves probably wouldn't have Towns :laugh2:

Yeah but the time, it made 100% sense to not pick Embiid because of his injury concerns so I wouldn't fault Cleveland for that. Still makes you wonder if Embiid was healthy, we could have been talking about a serious conteder for many years.

nastynice
09-11-2018, 01:02 PM
:crickets: Not surprising. It’s been a week and he’s posted in other threads. Quick to say I told you so when he’s right but goes ghost when his ******** is pointed out.

Oh God is this that "anytime a Warriors fan compliments another team he must have some secret motive behind it to make the warriors look better" thing again?

I thought we moved past that..

Saddletramp
09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Oh God is this that "anytime a Warriors fan compliments another team he must have some secret motive behind it to make the warriors look better" thing again?

I thought we moved past that..

What the hell are you talking about? Re-read the thread and try to keep up. This has nothing to do with anything you just said.

tredigs
09-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Never saw your post, nor is it worthy of any more comments that I have not gone over ad nauseum concerning the series. But since you're poking the bear, I'll try to help you understand one last time.

All things being equal, the most common result for that series was always 6 games, with a close 5 and 7 (Rockets winning somewhere around 15-20 percent of the time) decent possibilities as well. As THAT series played out, it was most likely going to be Warriors in 5 if Iggy does not go down, 6 also being possible. None of this is ever going to be the same, all series have a range of possibilities. Apologies for the nuance though, I know that's not your strong suit.

Saddletramp
09-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Never saw your post, nor is it worthy of any more comments that I have not gone over ad nauseum concerning the series. But since you're poking the bear, I'll try to help you understand one last time.

All things being equal, the most common result for that series was always 6 games, with a close 5 and 7 (Rockets winning somewhere around 15-20 percent of the time) decent possibilities as well. As THAT series played out, it was most likely going to be Warriors in 5 if Iggy does not go down, 6 also being possible. None of this is ever going to be the same, all series have a range of possibilities. Apologies for the nuance though, I know that's not your strong suit.

What a load of garbage. That was the THE series that you were saying was going to be epic. Then claimed how right you were when it went seven but not acknowledging that the injuries were the biggest change from what the series started at. Then afterwards, you said it would’ve went five if not for Iguadala getting hurt.

You’re usually full of **** but you busted yourself this time and got called out. **** your nuance.

Edit: And don’t say that you’ve already gone over this series and these points ad nauseum when you [/i]changed your opinion[/ii] on how the series was going to go.

tredigs
09-11-2018, 07:36 PM
What a load of garbage. That was the THE series that you were saying was going to be epic. Then claimed how right you were when it went seven but not acknowledging that the injuries were the biggest change from what the series started at. Then afterwards, you said it would’ve went five if not for Iguadala getting hurt.

You’re usually full of **** but you busted yourself this time and got called out. **** your nuance.

Edit: And don’t say that you’ve already gone over this series and these points ad nauseum when you [/i]changed your opinion[/ii] on how the series was going to go.
You're ****ing exhausting dude. Injuries or not, what we got was exactly what I thought was the most likely outcome. I called nearly every series in the post season on both sides, I don't really need to make up any revisionist history for ya bud.

Saddletramp
09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
You're ****ing exhausting dude. Injuries or not, what we got was exactly what I thought was the most likely outcome. I called nearly every series in the post season on both sides, I don't really need to make up any revisionist history for ya bud.

You contradicted yourself and you know it. Lame yet totally believable from you. Best part is, you’re still trying to play it cool.

You ****ed up, kid.

prodigy
09-14-2018, 12:40 PM
Without injuries how does the past seasons play out?

How might that change things up to this point?

Cavs would have 1 more title. The fact Lebron and Delly took that first series to 6 games smh... Just one more consistent scorer would've meant the world.

tredigs
09-16-2018, 08:24 AM
You contradicted yourself and you know it. Lame yet totally believable from you. Best part is, you’re still trying to play it cool.

You ****ed up, kid.
You're delusional buddy. My season long prognostication for the series was exactly right. That does not change the fact that injuries impacted what happened. Try me again this year if you like and watch me embarrass you again.

Saddletramp
09-17-2018, 02:28 AM
You're delusional buddy. My season long prognostication for the series was exactly right. That does not change the fact that injuries impacted what happened. Try me again this year if you like and watch me embarrass you again.

********. Once again, since you don’t seem to grasp this simple timeline, you said we were going to see a great series. “One for the ages” I think was a term you used. Before AI’s injury, it wasn’t anything near great. After Iguadala went down, it turned good but went to **** again when CP3 went out. In the end, sure it went 7, but without those injuries, it would’ve been done in 5. But then you come around here now and say without AI’s inhury it would’ve been over in 5? So which is it? You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Would it have been over in 5 without Iguadala’s injury like you’re saying now or would it have been “one for the ages” like you were saying before and then got to say afterward only because of Iguadala’s injury?

Never mind, this seems to be too complicated for you to grasp (it has been thus far) and you’ll just duck the question anyway because you know you got caught. You embarrassed yourself, tough guy.