PDA

View Full Version : Rockets finally move Ryno

TrueFan420
08-31-2018, 01:09 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24528593/houston-rockets-trade-ryan-anderson-deanthony-melton-phoenix-suns

"The Houston Rockets traded forward Ryan Anderson and guard De'Anthony Melton to the Phoenix Suns for guards Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight"

Good move for the Rockets. Gives them a legit backup to CP3 if healthy and young talent to gamble on.

Htownballa1622
08-31-2018, 01:17 AM
Not 1 first round pick given up. :laugh:

Morey :smoking:

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 01:20 AM
I still donít see anyone who can guard Lebron.

Good trade for the Rockets tho.

rhino17
08-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Iím happy. Get a legit backup who isnít gonna have to log many minutes, so maybe his injury history wonít be as big of a factor. Also get a backup center. All for a guy that is a complete non factor for 41 games + playoffs a year

Cal827
08-31-2018, 02:01 AM
Can someone tell me what exactly was the benefit to Phoenix making this move?

FlashBolt
08-31-2018, 03:43 AM
Can someone tell me what exactly was the benefit to Phoenix making this move?

They're pretty heavy at the guard position and probably want Ryan to help free up some space for Ayton. It's a great move on their end. They aren't in a rush to win anything and get a player who can actually fit their system. For the Rockets, it makes sense as well. Ryan wasn't getting any minutes anyways. I think Knight can be a boost off the bench.

MygirlhatesCod
08-31-2018, 06:12 AM
They're pretty heavy at the guard position and probably want Ryan to help free up some space for Ayton. It's a great move on their end. They aren't in a rush to win anything and get a player who can actually fit their system. For the Rockets, it makes sense as well. Ryan wasn't getting any minutes anyways. I think Knight can be a boost off the bench.

Itís great deal for the rockets and the rockets only.

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 07:41 AM
Lateral move at best. Houston plugged holes in their bench, but they didn't shed any salary and Ryan Anderson's the best player in the trade.

I'm guessing Phoenix is trying to spread the floor with shooters?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 07:44 AM
Suns get Ariza and now Anderson. Shocked Rockets parted with Melton. In the Bazemore deal Morey wanted to keep Melton and give up a future first.

Driven
08-31-2018, 08:11 AM
Rockets taking baby steps here. Good trade for them just getting rid of Anderson, but I feel like there's more to come.

cmellofan15
08-31-2018, 08:17 AM

Unfortunately lebron canít score 100ppg so the Lakers still arenít a threat lmao

Scoots
08-31-2018, 08:33 AM
Chriss and Melton are the most interesting parts of the deal to me.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 08:33 AM
Lateral move at best. Houston plugged holes in their bench, but they didn't shed any salary and Ryan Anderson's the best player in the trade.

Didn't shed any salary? Knight makes like $6 million less than Ryno and Melton hadn't signed yet. At minimum, that deal saved $4 million-$5 million next season. That's pretty decent savings for a team paying the luxury tax.

Driven
08-31-2018, 08:42 AM
Didn't shed any salary? Knight makes like $6 million less than Ryno and Melton hadn't signed yet. At minimum, that deal saved $4 million-$5 million next season. That's pretty decent savings for a team paying the luxury tax.

Chriss has a team option next year for $4.1 million as well. Knight's contract is $5.6 million less than Anderson's next year. Not including Melton's contract, which the Rockets would have used their MLE towards, they freed up aroudn $4-5 million like you said.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 08:42 AM
I love this deal from a sheer value standpoint for Houston. They got rid of one of the worst contracts in basketball to take one on that's just pretty bad by comparison, didn't have to lose a 1st rounder (which everyone said was a must) and essentially swapped prospects.

I like that they added guys at positions of need on the bench by getting a backup PG and backup big man, and Chriss still has some upside. If Knight is healthy, I could see him as a poor man's version of the role Lou Will played in Houston. If nothing else, he's far more likely to get minutes in a playoff game than Ryno.

My biggest knock is that it doesn't address the biggest need, which is perimeter defense. But I'm not sure that Morey is done.

ewing
08-31-2018, 08:54 AM

Knight was a very nice player two years ago. We have to see who he is now. I'm happy for him. Dude worked his way back and now doesn't have to play on a team that has 0 interest in winning. Phx is an example of what is wrong with the league

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 09:33 AM
Great morning world! Great move by Houston that will make them better! Knight has been working his little butt off with Wades trainer this summer in Miami.

Iím confused by the Suns plan as they say Ryan is starting and I would assume Ariza is for that money. That leaves Warren and Jackson out of the starting lineup but apparently the Suns are looking to make a move for a PG.

??
Booker
Ariza/Warren
Anderson/Jackson
Ayton

Confusing friends!

Rivera
08-31-2018, 09:34 AM
Great deal for Houston. Sheís Anderson by giving up the 2nd round pick with potential. Knight could have value if heís healthy. To me Criss is garbage. Soft as wet tissue paper but heís only gonna play 10-15 min so I wonít hurt Houston.

PAOboston
08-31-2018, 09:34 AM
This is actually a great move for PHO imo. They add some needed shooting/spacing allowing Ayton to do his thing down low. Plus it gives them a veteran player on that young roster. They haf too many young/immature players so surrounding them wirh playoff experienced pkayers like Ariza/Anderson is a plus. Plus, they have a ton of cap room so it doesn't really affect them financially.

Houston gets some backups. I don't really think Criss is a very good player but I can he why they are taking a gamble on him. Knight should be serviceable. And they get some salary relief.

I think PHO will make another move now for a PG.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Vinylman
08-31-2018, 09:45 AM

They shed around 5-6 million next year in the deal unless I am missing something

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 09:51 AM
Great morning world! Great move by Houston that will make them better! Knight has been working his little butt off with Wades trainer this summer in Miami.

Iím confused by the Suns plan as they say Ryan is starting and I would assume Ariza is for that money. That leaves Warren and Jackson out of the starting lineup but apparently the Suns are looking to make a move for a PG.

??
Booker
Ariza/Warren
Anderson/Jackson
Ayton

Confusing friends!

there is no way Jackson is coming off the bench. Anderson will be the 6th man if anything. JJ at the 3 and Ariza at the 4 with Anderson coming in for Ariza

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 09:57 AM
there is no way Jackson is coming off the bench. Anderson will be the 6th man if anything. JJ at the 3 and Ariza at the 4 with Anderson coming in for Ariza

Woj said Anderson will start

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 10:06 AM
They shed around 5-6 million next year in the deal unless I am missing something

Chriss + Knight is $18M/20M for two years. Anderson is $20M/21M. Do I have these numbers wrong?

Driven
08-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Chriss + Knight is $18M/20M for two years. Anderson is $20M/21M. Do I have these numbers wrong?

Chriss has a team option next year for $4 million and you're not including the contract for Melton.

And I'd rather have two players for $20 million than one. Gives the Rockets more flexibility, but regardless, they are certainly shedding salary by doing this. They still have their MLE intact as well.

Vinylman
08-31-2018, 10:14 AM

Chriss isn't guaranteed after this year.

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 10:25 AM
Chriss has a team option next year for $4 million and you're not including the contract for Melton.

And I'd rather have two players for $20 million than one. Gives the Rockets more flexibility, but regardless, they are certainly shedding salary by doing this. They still have their MLE intact as well.

Yes I'm including the team option. They can cut him and not include it, but they haven't.

Why TF are people including Melton? He hasn't signed a contract, and they didn't HAVE to sign his contract, so he was $0 whether they did this trade or not. They did NOT have to shed his salary. For Houston this trade was Anderson for Knight + Chriss.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 10:52 AM
Woj said Anderson will start

not buying it unless they dont start Ariza which wouldnt make sense. They can run out a pretty decent starting 5 that can defend. Also didnt see that form Woj

Heediot
08-31-2018, 11:06 AM
not buying it unless they dont start Ariza which wouldnt make sense. They can run out a pretty decent starting 5 that can defend. Also didnt see that form Woj

They might go big like Philly.

Booker will be the point man for now.
Jackson is versatile enough to defend a lot of positions.
Ariza rhyno and ayton round out the lineup.

I think they will go after dragic in the future. He was with coach when Slovenia won the euros.

Htownballa1622
08-31-2018, 11:18 AM

I still don't see any team outside of the Bay that can beat Houston.

Heediot
08-31-2018, 11:20 AM
Knight was a very nice player two years ago. We have to see who he is now. I'm happy for him. Dude worked his way back and now doesn't have to play on a team that has 0 interest in winning. Phx is an example of what is wrong with the league

Contract year so he will be motivated to prove his value. If they can get a healthy and motivated knight he can be an asset.

Driven
08-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Yes I'm including the team option. They can cut him and not include it, but they haven't.

Why TF are people including Melton? He hasn't signed a contract, and they didn't HAVE to sign his contract, so he was $0 whether they did this trade or not. They did NOT have to shed his salary. For Houston this trade was Anderson for Knight + Chriss.

Fine, don't include Melton then. Getting Chriss and Knight for Anderson isn't a lateral move if you're just looking at the talent involved. Anderson fell out of the rotation in Houston. They get a backup point guard in Knight and a little better flexibility with the contracts.

Melton had more value to the Rockets than Anderson did.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 11:33 AM

Yes, because you're not factoring in Melton's salary. A cap expert on Twitter this morning said the Rockets save $5.7 million on their luxury tax bill this season alone. And to VM's point, Chriss isn't guaranteed after this season, so if the Rockets let him go after this year, Knight's $15 million will be all that's left.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Because he's going to get signed, and Morey was absolutely going to sign him to a deal if this trade hadn't gone down. The kid had shown way too much potential not to get a deal, and frankly, he's the only reason why Phoenix would make this deal in the first place and not demand a 1st round pick.

I'm guessing the reason Morey hadn't signed him yet was because he was still dangling him in trades like this and he didn't want to have to use any of his MLE if he didn't have to. By making this deal, he has kept the Rockdets' full MLE in tact.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 11:39 AM
Melton had more value to the Rockets than Anderson did.

Yeah... The Suns did this deal only to get Melton... I won't be surprised if they waive Anderson next.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 11:43 AM
They might go big like Philly.

Booker will be the point man for now.
Jackson is versatile enough to defend a lot of positions.
Ariza rhyno and ayton round out the lineup.

I think they will go after dragic in the future. He was with coach when Slovenia won the euros.

You think Booker can handle point guard duties? i think he has improved as a playmaker and these additions will certainly help him grow more but i think hes deadly playing off the ball. they really need to find a point guard.

Heediot
08-31-2018, 11:43 AM
Yeah... The Suns did this deal only to get Melton... I won't be surprised if they waive Anderson next.

Both teams are going to try and rehab the values of the guys they got imo

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 11:44 AM

He tweeted it.

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 11:45 AM
You think Booker can handle point guard duties? i think he has improved as a playmaker and these additions will certainly help him grow more but i think hes deadly playing off the ball. they really need to find a point guard.

Theyíre trting to, thatís their next move is to trade for a starting PG.

Htownballa1622
08-31-2018, 11:46 AM
I just want whoever said morey couldn't move anderson to come back in this thread and eat some crow! Not even a first round pick was sent out!

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 12:00 PM
The more I think about this deal, the more likely I think it is that Morey has one more big trade left before the start of the season. I still think he's looking at guys like Kent Bazemore and James Johnson as the Ariza replacement. And it's a heck of a lot easier to deal Knight and a 1st for one of those guys than it is to deal Ryno and a 1st. And they might be able to get someone to bite on Knight + Chriss if they're intrigued by Chriss' potential and are willing to take on the team option for 2019-20.

If ultimately that second deal doesn't take place, I'm still happy with this trade, because they ultimately got two guys who were more likely to contribute this season at positions of need and they dumped an "untradeable" contract in the process. But I think it could be just the first part of a two-part move that nets Houston a big rotational upgrade on the wing.

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Because he's going to get signed, and Morey was absolutely going to sign him to a deal if this trade hadn't gone down. The kid had shown way too much potential not to get a deal, and frankly, he's the only reason why Phoenix would make this deal in the first place and not demand a 1st round pick.

I'm guessing the reason Morey hadn't signed him yet was because he was still dangling him in trades like this and he didn't want to have to use any of his MLE if he didn't have to. By making this deal, he has kept the Rockdets' full MLE in tact.

So you're going to count the option of cutting Chriss next season, but not count to option of just not signing Melton? That's some shaky accounting there.

Driven
08-31-2018, 12:08 PM
The more I think about this deal, the more likely I think it is that Morey has one more big trade left before the start of the season. I still think he's looking at guys like Kent Bazemore and James Johnson as the Ariza replacement. And it's a heck of a lot easier to deal Knight and a 1st for one of those guys than it is to deal Ryno and a 1st. And they might be able to get someone to bite on Knight + Chriss if they're intrigued by Chriss' potential and are willing to take on the team option for 2019-20.

If ultimately that second deal doesn't take place, I'm still happy with this trade, because they ultimately got two guys who were more likely to contribute this season at positions of need and they dumped an "untradeable" contract in the process. But I think it could be just the first part of a two-part move that nets Houston a big rotational upgrade on the wing.

I too think that morey just traded Anderson, and has been trying to trade Anderson, just to give him flexibility to make more moves. I think theyíll make a move for some sort of wing defender at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 12:12 PM
So you're going to count the option of cutting Chriss next season, but not count to option of just not signing Melton? That's some shaky accounting there.

Morey's not an idiot. You'd be a fool to assume he wouldn't sign Melton to a contract when he's shown that much potential and there was that much buzz around him going into the season. Morey's history has shown us that he won't let quality assets go for nothing.

Also, you're assuming this whole deal was solely a salary dump for the Rockets. It's not. It's true that they save almost $6 million in this trade, but Morey's not trying to just save money here. He's playing the long game by swapping Ryno's bad contract for Knight's bad contract, which is much, much easier to move. Also, Knight is more likely to get minutes in a playoff series than Ryno in the event that Morey is stuck with him.

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Morey's not an idiot. You'd be a fool to assume he wouldn't sign Melton to a contract when he's shown that much potential and there was that much buzz around him going into the season. Morey's history has shown us that he won't let quality assets go for nothing.

Also, you're assuming this whole deal was solely a salary dump for the Rockets. It's not. It's true that they save almost $6 million in this trade, but Morey's not trying to just save money here. He's playing the long game by swapping Ryno's bad contract for Knight's bad contract, which is much, much easier to move. Also, Knight is more likely to get minutes in a playoff series than Ryno in the event that Morey is stuck with him.

Ryno is the best player in the deal, Melton has the most potential. Salarywise it takes some Trump level accounting to pretend that this is more than a negligible salary savings.

Just because Morey is a smart guy doesn't mean he can't lose a trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 12:31 PM
I just want whoever said morey couldn't move anderson to come back in this thread and eat some crow! Not even a first round pick was sent out!

I'll take some crow. I'm hungry. Starvin' Marvin.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 12:33 PM

Silent
08-31-2018, 12:36 PM
I still don't see any team outside of the Bay that can beat Houston.

Really? i probably can name 3 or 4?

But i love this trade for you guys Morey really outdid himself

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 01:06 PM
Ryno is the best player in the deal, Melton has the most potential. Salarywise it takes some Trump level accounting to pretend that this is more than a negligible salary savings.

Just because Morey is a smart guy doesn't mean he can't lose a trade.

Also, as far as Morey "losing a trade" goes.

I'm pretty sure nobody is saying the Rockets "lost" this deal. That's asinine.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Knight was excellent for my Bucks way back when. He had us to like 30 wins way before all star break and that trade deadline was traded for crap platter of MCW, Plumlee, Ennis. After that trade my Bucks barely made the playoffs. Knight does turn it over and has tunnel vision though. Also iced out Giannis his rookie year.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 01:13 PM
Both teams are going to try and rehab the values of the guys they got imo

it has happened already... Anderson has cut 5M off his salary... It probably is a pre-agreement with him that the Suns will waive him next. He will "sit" the whole season and still pocket some 16M... Still the Suns found on Melton the PG they were (badly) looking for or so they hope...

EDIT: Actually he may retire after waived 32M over two years isn't bad retiring money.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 01:15 PM
it has happened already... Anderson has cut 5M off his salary... It probably is a pre-agreement with him that the Suns will waive him next. He will "sit" the whole season and still pocket some 16M... Still the Suns found on Melton the PG they were (badly) looking for or so they hope...

Woj mentioned in his tweet Suns will start Anderson at PF for them.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Woj mentioned in his tweet Suns will start Anderson at PF for them.

That was before the salary cut was announced...

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody is saying the Rockets "lost" this deal. That's asinine.

That's the beauty of being an independent person, I can think for myself, and not need twitter to tell me what to think.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 01:49 PM
That's the beauty of being an independent person, I can think for myself, and not need twitter to tell me what to think.

Everyone has opinions. Not all of them are good. :shrug:

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 01:53 PM
Seriously, I don't know what's not to like about this deal if you're Houston. They basically swap bad contracts while cutting $5.7 million off their luxury tax bill and then swap a guy who was drafted 46th in the draft a little over a month ago for a guy who was the 8th overall pick two years ago.

In what way is this a loss?

Driven
08-31-2018, 01:59 PM
Just depends on how much you value Melton.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-31-2018, 02:00 PM

Does anyone have a player on their team that can?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 02:02 PM
Seriously, I don't know what's not to like about this deal if you're Houston. They basically swap bad contracts while cutting $5.7 million off their luxury tax bill and then swap a guy who was drafted 46th in the draft a little over a month ago for a guy who was the 8th overall pick two years ago.

It's a good deal for both, but more so for the Suns that got the PG they were badly looking for...

If Melton was 46th pick, it doesn't matter... Brogdon was similar and won "rookie of the season" and the Bucks got (extremely talented) Brown too the season after from a similar pick...

It's just that the Rockets are full of great guards that makes the deal worthy for both the Rockets and the Suns... If financials improve on top... so much the better.

kdspurman
08-31-2018, 02:08 PM

Some guy in Toronto was pretty good at it

buckalis
08-31-2018, 02:13 PM

O.G. Anunoby... He has more potential than Tatum IMO, although he will develop at a slower pace... Sky is the roof for him...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2018, 02:16 PM
That was before the salary cut was announced...

Anderson stretches the floor for Ayton. But Anderson is a slow plodder though.

nastynice
08-31-2018, 02:20 PM
They just gonna get smacked up by the warriors anyway. I don't see the point...

:cool:

buckalis
08-31-2018, 02:26 PM
Anderson stretches the floor for Ayton. But Anderson is a slow plodder though.

Anderson is 31 and Ayton 20... Why you think the Suns would want to match them together for their future? They now got a great core on Melton, Booker, Bridges & Ayton to base their future on... They'll look for a young PF to pick next season with the high pick they'll have and get a real future...

EDIT: In the mean time they'll play "twin tower" by playing Bender next to Ayton.

Htownballa1622
08-31-2018, 02:27 PM

If by warriors you mean

Scott Foster
Tony Brothers
Mike Callahan

then yes. I agree with you.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2018, 02:31 PM
I love the move for the Rockets. Chrisís has tons of upside and plays great with a CP3. Super athlete who is still young

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 02:34 PM

Funny how Melton was so valuable a page ago, and now he's just "a guy who was drafted 46th".

Everyone has opinions. Not all of them are good. :shrug:

I mean, you're quoting Bill Simmons.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 02:45 PM
Funny how Melton was so valuable a page ago, and now he's just "a guy who was drafted 46th".

"Valuable" has different "value" depending on the team... Melton is surely extremely future promising, so very "valuable" for the Suns, but far less so for the Rockets who are fully packed with great guards.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-31-2018, 02:47 PM

I guess I kinda missed his point... is he saying since Houston didn't sign KL this trade is pointless?

or Is he saying that the Lakers are an actual threat to the Rockets?

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 03:37 PM
He's about as valuable as a guy was drafted 46th a month ago can be. Clearly he slipped in the draft due to the whole scandal and not playing last season. That being said, I certainly wouldn't take him over Chriss, who was drafted 8th overall two years ago and is still only 21 years old.

Value is relative. An 8th overall draft pick that has struggled a bit in the league still has more value than a guy drafted in the middle of the second round, regardless of how well he played in the Summer League (which isn't exactly a great barometer for judging NBA success).

I mean, you're quoting Bill Simmons.
If you take the Celtics out of the equation, the dude usually has some pretty good takes on the NBA. "The Book of Basketball" is sill one of my all-time favorite sports reads. He's watched a hell of a lot more NBA basketball than you and I combined.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 03:41 PM
It's a good deal for both, but more so for the Suns that got the PG they were badly looking for...

If Melton was 46th pick, it doesn't matter... Brogdon was similar and won "rookie of the season" and the Bucks got (extremely talented) Brown too the season after from a similar pick...

It's just that the Rockets are full of great guards that makes the deal worthy for both the Rockets and the Suns... If financials improve on top... so much the better.

Brogdon was taken a full 10 picks higher. Also, you're acting as if Melton is on Brogdon's level based on pretty much zero evidence. And it doesn't matter if the Suns got a PG in the trade. That doesn't change the fact that the Rockets own this deal from a sheer value standpoint. They swapped bad contracts, cut $6 million off their costs for next year alone and got a top 10 pick two years ago for a guy who had 2-3 good Summer League games.

IndyRealist
08-31-2018, 04:22 PM

He's about as valuable as a guy was drafted 46th a month ago can be. Clearly he slipped in the draft due to the whole scandal and not playing last season. That being said, I certainly wouldn't take him over Chriss, who was drafted 8th overall two years ago and is still only 21 years old.

Value is relative. An 8th overall draft pick that has struggled a bit in the league still has more value than a guy drafted in the middle of the second round, regardless of how well he played in the Summer League (which isn't exactly a great barometer for judging NBA success).

If you take the Celtics out of the equation, the dude usually has some pretty good takes on the NBA. "The Book of Basketball" is sill one of my all-time favorite sports reads. He's watched a hell of a lot more NBA basketball than you and I combined.

I have Book of Basketball on my shelf. It's got some great stories, but that's all they are. Stories. He's a superfan, but his analysis is suspect and his opinions are ESPN-ified.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Brogdon was taken a full 10 picks higher. Also, you're acting as if Melton is on Brogdon's level based on pretty much zero evidence. And it doesn't matter if the Suns got a PG in the trade. That doesn't change the fact that the Rockets own this deal from a sheer value standpoint. They swapped bad contracts, cut $6 million off their costs for next year alone and got a top 10 pick two years ago for a guy who had 2-3 good Summer League games.

Where do you see the 6M off the books for next season? Anderson's contract for next season wasn't guaranteed....:D

CityofTreez
08-31-2018, 05:17 PM
I like this deal for Houston.
They finally get rid of Ryno who was disasterous against Warriors, and have some extra cash to make more moves.

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 06:24 PM

:)

Well, we have 3/4 players who can guard Harden.

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 06:24 PM
I guess I kinda missed his point... is he saying since Houston didn't sign KL this trade is pointless?

or Is he saying that the Lakers are an actual threat to the Rockets?

Just wait. You and everyone else will see

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 06:26 PM

You wonít get the chance this year, another team will beat them in the 2nd round.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 06:38 PM

Harden averaged 37/10/3/2/1 against the Lakers last season in four games while shooting 52 percent from the floor and 47 percent from the 3-point line, including a 40-point game and a 51-point game. You better hope those new guys can defend him a hell of a lot better than last year's team did. ;)

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Harden averaged 37/10/3/2/1 against the Lakers last season in four games while shooting 52 percent from the floor and 47 percent from the 3-point line, including a 40-point game and a 51-point game. You better hope those new guys can defend him a hell of a lot better than last year's team did. ;)

https://youtu.be/EhdmE3IT2Ww

:) guess we'll find out next year!

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:03 PM

who?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:04 PM
Just wait. You and everyone else will see

see what?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:05 PM
You wonít get the chance this year, another team will beat them in the 2nd round.

which?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:07 PM

Don't pay attention to him... this guy is totally brainless...

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:08 PM

find out what?

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 07:16 PM
Lmfao youíre worse than a ex girlfriend. Just stay in here and keep out our Lakers forum.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 07:28 PM
Lmfao youíre worse than a ex girlfriend. Just stay in here and keep out our Lakers forum.

Is it Deng you'll use to guard the beard?:D

WhiteShadow42
08-31-2018, 09:08 PM

Dude don't bother. You lost him at Brogdon.

mightybosstone
08-31-2018, 09:34 PM

You know what they say: One Youtube highlight is an excellent sample size to base your argument on. .......oh wait, nobody says that. Because it's not.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 09:59 PM
Dude don't bother. You lost him at Brogdon.

I think its you that lost it on Deng.... or was it on Clarkson, or Nance? ...Ahhh got it! You lost on Randle!

buckalis
08-31-2018, 10:03 PM
You know what they say: One Youtube highlight is an excellent sample size to base your argument on. .......oh wait, nobody says that. Because it's not.

You lost him when used the (magic) word ..."argument"!:speechless:

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 10:20 PM

Lmfao Iím ****ing with you MBT, you should know this already ;) I enjoy teasing you like you do me. letís just see what happens when the season starts/playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2018, 10:39 PM
Btw, congratulations on the baby boy! Mine is 1 1/2 and itís been the best time of my life. Your whole world is about to change brother.

buckalis
09-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Lmfao Iím ****ing with you MBT, you should know this already ;) I enjoy teasing you like you do me. letís just see what happens when the season starts/playoffs.

It's easy to predict... instead of you having 3-4 guys that can play defense on the beard, you will develop the rest to all stars and then have... 15 that can!!! ....Then you wake up!

nastynice
09-01-2018, 04:20 AM

Bro there's barely 3, 4 players in the league that can guard harden..

buckalis
09-01-2018, 05:57 AM

Don't tell him that... you'll spoil his dream!

Scoots
09-01-2018, 09:16 AM

There are hundreds of players who can guard Harden. There are very few who can stop Harden :)

GREATNESS ONE
09-01-2018, 11:15 AM

We traded Mack :sad2:

GREATNESS ONE
09-01-2018, 11:15 AM
There are hundreds of players who can guard Harden. There are very few who can stop Harden :)

:p

TrueFan420
09-01-2018, 12:51 PM
We traded Mack :sad2:
You almost gave me a heart attack.
I opened up the internet on my phone and this was the first thing I read and I thought the last place I posted was the Raiders forum.

GREATNESS ONE
09-01-2018, 01:12 PM
I opened up the internet on my phone and this was the first thing I read and I thought the last place I posted was the Raiders forum.

lmfao it happened and it ****ing SUCKS!!!!! :sad2:

nastynice
09-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Lmaoo

FlashBolt
09-01-2018, 03:55 PM

Moving him wasn't the problem. It was getting the right pieces. Were these the best pieces to fit Houston? Not exactly close to it. But they got rid of someone who they likely didn't want to play at all for someone who can give them 20 minutes per game.

TrueFan420
09-02-2018, 01:24 AM
lmfao it happened and it ****ing SUCKS!!!!! :sad2:

Lmaoo

I'm so ****ing pissed about the deal it's not even funny.

mightybosstone
09-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Of course, man. And I'm just ****ing with you as well. :hi5:

Btw, congratulations on the baby boy! Mine is 1 1/2 and itís been the best time of my life. Your whole world is about to change brother.
Thanks, dude! We're still like 5+ months away, so it hasn't completely fully sunk in yet. But I've started to really get excited over the last few weeks. He'll be here before I know it!

Scoots
09-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Thanks, dude! We're still like 5+ months away, so it hasn't completely fully sunk in yet. But I've started to really get excited over the last few weeks. He'll be here before I know it!

I spent yesterday at Six Flags ... little kids are so fun. My day ended with my teenager being an irrational pain in the *** ... can't get them to stay that cute and fun unfortunately :).