PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili announces he is retiring

ISIAH_THOMAS
08-27-2018, 02:18 PM
https://twitter.com/manuginobili/status/1034138568694923265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1034138568694923265&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.******.com%2Fboards%2 Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1742639

No more manu

No more parker

No more tim

R. Johnson#3
08-27-2018, 02:35 PM
One of the more underrated players of this generation.

archdevil84
08-27-2018, 02:48 PM
respect for manu! awesome player

AntiG
08-27-2018, 02:48 PM
soon to be the only male HOFer to ever own a gold medal ever since the Dream Team that didn't play for Team USA.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Manu was the one player that throughout his tenure, I hated at first, then became a huge fan of his. So unpredictable, so difficult to stop one on one, his snake like ability to get through the lane, was unmatched. Harden is the closest I have seen.

Sad day, but, at age 42, I have seen a lot of my faves come and go now.

kdspurman
08-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Never thought he'd turn out to be the player he was, but man was he fun to watch. Crazy competitive, sacrificed his body for the team, and a magician with the ball.

One of the best passing 2 guards of all time, & one of the best 6th men ever.

Was hoping he'd give it 1 more year, but all signs lead to him hanging them up.

Scoots
08-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Never thought he'd turn out to be the player he was, but man was he fun to watch. Crazy competitive, sacrificed his body for the team, and a magician with the ball.

One of the best passing 2 guards of all time, & one of the best 6th men ever.

Was hoping he'd give it 1 more year, but all signs lead to him hanging them up.

Sorry for our loss ... I loved watching him. It's amazing to me how smooth he made the moves Harden makes look herky-jerky. Manu was always 2 steps ahead of the game around him.

aman_13
08-27-2018, 05:57 PM
One of all my time favourite players. I was really hoping he'd play one more year. He will be missed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
08-27-2018, 06:11 PM
:(

Nothing but respect for Manu. Always played with fire, was amazing in the win over the Heat.

warfelg
08-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Goat6thm

kdspurman
08-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Sorry for our loss ... I loved watching him. It's amazing to me how smooth he made the moves Harden makes look herky-jerky. Manu was always 2 steps ahead of the game around him.

Yea no doubt about it. The passion he played along with his obvious skillset was a joy to watch. He played with a fire on both ends that was contagious.

It's fitting his last home game he was able to do what he did in the playoffs.

warfelg
08-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Yea no doubt about it. The passion he played along with his obvious skillset was a joy to watch. He played with a fire on both ends that was contagious.

It's fitting his last home game he was able to do what he did in the playoffs.

What amazes me is he was one of the truly selfless stars. Could have done anywhere for the max and been the #1 go to guy, but chose to stay in SA and in a role that let them win and him thrive.

tredigs
08-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Talk about a player who did it the right way, and was so damn fun to watch. He sacrificed box score stats for winning, but damn was he a phenom. The dude had pure passion for the game, and that's the main takeaway that other players should revere him for.

kdspurman
08-27-2018, 08:07 PM
What amazes me is he was one of the truly selfless stars. Could have done anywhere for the max and been the #1 go to guy, but chose to stay in SA and in a role that let them win and him thrive.

It's that kind of selflessness that made him, and the trio of he, TD/TP so special.

I think his career would've been shorter had he left , but his stats would've been boosted for sure.

Dude was just fearless and brought it in the postseason

zn23
08-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Great player, legend, and will also be in the hall of fame in 5 years.

mightybosstone
08-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Add Manu to the list of guys I loathed, but respected the hell out of. His game was so unique, unpredictable and incredibly fun to watch. And there are very few players in the last 20 years you were more scared to see take a last-minute shot. Unquestionably a Hall of Famer and easily the greatest 6th man of all-time.

It's going to be very, very weird to see the Spurs next season with no Duncan, Manu or Parker. I just wish Tony would have retired a Spur. That would have been truly an unmatched feat if all three of those guys had only played for the Spurs their entire careers.

Leftcoast_yg
08-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Still remember that block on KD and Kobe spinning Manu like a washing machine. Much respect

JAZZNC
08-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Great, great player! Always lived watching him play. The flare he had to his game and the passion he played with were what I'll always remember. He was an ultimate professional which you have to respect. We'll miss ya Manu!

YAALREADYKNO
08-27-2018, 11:18 PM
Hated him when he played my Mavs but he was a real one. Much respect to a HOF career.

kobe4thewinbang
08-28-2018, 12:03 AM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/harden-ginobili.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

kobe4thewinbang
08-28-2018, 12:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JNr1O8QCZI

WaDe03
08-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Thank you and god bless you Manu!!!!

kdspurman
08-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Add Manu to the list of guys I loathed, but respected the hell out of. His game was so unique, unpredictable and incredibly fun to watch. And there are very few players in the last 20 years you were more scared to see take a last-minute shot. Unquestionably a Hall of Famer and easily the greatest 6th man of all-time.

It's going to be very, very weird to see the Spurs next season with no Duncan, Manu or Parker. I just wish Tony would have retired a Spur. That would have been truly an unmatched feat if all three of those guys had only played for the Spurs their entire careers.

Who you telling.... Very strange indeed, but I hope these young guys continue to develop, there's some potential there.

I think TP will ultimately be back in 2 years to retire a Spur, but it would've been cool if he stayed that whole time. Won't see another trio like that IMO.

Wes Mantooth
08-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Manu has been my least favorite NBA player for a while. Despite his obvious talent he cheated the game with his flopping and his constant exaggeration of any contact. He will be known by many as one of the best actors in the history of the game. It truly was an Oscar worthy career as proven by millions of fans booing their disapproval of his flopping. I will never agree that flopping is "part of the game", and that is why I have hated him. Flopping is the worst part of the NBA and although Manu didn't invent it he made it worse.

FlashBolt
08-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Manu has been my least favorite NBA player for a while. Despite his obvious talent he cheated the game with his flopping and his constant exaggeration of any contact. He will be known by many as one of the best actors in the history of the game. It truly was an Oscar worthy career as proven by millions of fans booing their disapproval of his flopping. I will never agree that flopping is "part of the game", and that is why I have hated him. Flopping is the worst part of the NBA and although Manu didn't invent it he made it worse.

Lol, Manu didn't start the flops. Yes, they were annoying but he's the one guy I wouldn't mind having flop because dude really does whatever he can to help his team and has a proven record of doing so unlike some other shmucks who flop and that's their only purpose in the game. AKA, Varejao, Zaza.

ewing
08-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Thank you and god bless you Manu!!!!

This