PDA

View Full Version : PSD Preseason Team Power Rankings #9

Rivera
08-24-2018, 09:16 AM
To generate more discussion, I thought it could be fun to debate and have a pre season NBA rankings before anyone hits the floor. We can look back and laugh at how wrong we were or boast about how right we were

To put some structure behind this, I want to rank the best teams in terms of title contenders. Most of PSD feels GSW will sleep walk to another title this season with the addition of DMC so I will rank them as the defacto #1 with no voting.

Who would you rank as the 2nd best team? I will leave the poll open for the weekend, and continue this every other day (minus weekends) - (M/W/F)

Who are you ranking as the 2nd best team in the NBA

(Poll: If I left out a team you feel deserves to be in the poll, please add the team below in this thread)

Lets Debate!

PSD Power Rankings:

1) Golden State Warriors
2) Houston Rockets
3) Boston Celtics
4) Toronto Raptors
5) OKC Thunder
6) Utah Jazz
7) Philadelphia 76ers
8) Los Angeles Lakers
9) San Antonio Spurs

Hawkeye15
08-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Denver, for the 3rd time.

mightybosstone
08-24-2018, 09:57 AM
This might be the toughest one yet for me. I'm torn between Denver, Minnesota and Indiana. Denver seems like the best overall team, Minnesota seems to have the most talent and Indy is somewhere in between, but definitely has the easiest path to a high playoff seed. I'm going Denver, but I wouldn't be remotely shocked to see Indy or Minnesota finish with better records or go deeper in the postseason.

Rivera
08-24-2018, 10:54 AM
i think im going Indy here for the simple fact that their path to the 2nd round is much easier than any west team. 3-10 in the west is such a crap shoot, compared to the east, Pacers showed a lot of grit in the playoffs last season and nearly beat a LeBron led team.

my preseason rankings, I have Indiana as a # 4 seed and I have Denver missing the playoffs again (have Utah/LAL/SA/OKC/Portland/NO as my 3-8) but as I rethink it, I may switch Denver and NO.

Im going Indiana here