PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new face of the NBA once Bron retires?

Pages : [1] 2

Tg11
08-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Once Bron calls it a career...once Bron retire who y'all have as the new face of the NBA? Who gon be that player that transcends the game or who will step into Bron's shoes to be that one constant? To be that player who is the ambassador for this league like LeBron is and has been for the past 15 years?

basch152
08-19-2018, 09:31 AM
probably Anthony davis

Scoots
08-19-2018, 10:31 AM
It's not a job. LeBron and the other NBA super stars do the press that's asked of them most of the time. LeBron may be the most famous player with the highest Q rating, and after LeBron leaves someone else will be the most famous current player with the highest Q rating.

When Jordan retired he was still the most famous NBA player for years. The same may happen with LeBron.

Cal827
08-19-2018, 10:47 AM
It's not a job. LeBron and the other NBA super stars do the press that's asked of them most of the time. LeBron may be the most famous player with the highest Q rating, and after LeBron leaves someone else will be the most famous current player with the highest Q rating.

When Jordan retired he was still the most famous NBA player for years. The same may happen with LeBron.

I agree he'll still be the most famous NBA player for a while after leaving.... but you know the NBA is gonna push other guys as the next "face of the NBA". When Jordan retired, the NBA was throwing names up there like Carter, T-Mac, and Kobe as the next face.

As for the new face of the NBA... I would think that it could be Steph... since he'll be close to Jordan when it comes to titles if not tied, most people like him, and his game will likely be still strong even as he ages... he'll likely be close to setting even more shooting records at that time if he already doesnt surpass them.

If he's too old though..... then guys like Davis, Giannis, Embiid, and maybe Williamson? (If he pans out, he's a huge forward) might be contenders for that spot

Jamiecballer
08-19-2018, 10:55 AM
At this moment in time there is no obvious heir apparent. I think that's why the gap between lebron and anyone else seemed so big last playoffs.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Jayb587
08-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Someone will surface and takeover. Always happens

cmellofan15
08-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Bronny

ewing
08-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Kevin Knox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
08-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Someone will surface and takeover. Always happensI don't know. We waited a long time between Jordan and Lebron. Even the league can't manufacture it though they sure do try.

still a fan
08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
league has changed and the bigs are three machines and so athletic, as mentioned guys like embiid, Davis, Greek, Towns, KP,

Those guys soon will become the Larry, Magic comparisons..........I don't believe one guy steps up to make that great of a distinction.

But the one guy who isn't a big that could stand out later is Simmons, he has Magic similarities and if he develops and shot to go with the rest of his game and size at the PG spot he could have a very scary career.

Magic/Kareem, may be relived you just don't know yet.

Durant will have some years left so hard to leave him off discussions as well.

Jeffy25
08-19-2018, 03:33 PM
whoever it is, likely isn't in the league yet.

LeBron has too much left in the tank still.

Maybe Simmons?

tredigs
08-19-2018, 04:17 PM
The NBA doesn't need a "face" per se. They have tons of star power. As is, Curry has been tops in Jersey sales for 3+ years and the Warriors are the leagues top drawer.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Curry is the easy answer

basch152
08-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Curry is the easy answer

by the time lebron retires curry will be like.. 35 and probably close to retirement himself

still a fan
08-19-2018, 07:52 PM
I didn't pick Curry because if you looking for the face of the NBA, you want someone who dominates in every faucet of the game.

Offense, in, out, clutch, makes teammates better, plays defense, can cover the other teams best when needed, can get the big board, gets out on the break, makes the key steal, not need a Dray, or Durant or Thompson to help win.

maybe he's not in the NBA yet, maybe there won't be one, everyone was crowning Kobe the Next MJ but then Lebron came along and stole the show.

Everyone always says there will never be another to another comes along, the answer is it's way too early.

jaydubb
08-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Lavar ball

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Whoever it i might not even be in college yet.

Jayb587
08-19-2018, 09:37 PM
I don't know. We waited a long time between Jordan and Lebron. Even the league can't manufacture it though they sure do try.

We had Kobe in between Jordan and LeBron. There was no gap.

Scoots
08-19-2018, 10:22 PM

hehe

ldawg
08-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Lonzo he may be the most hyped since Lebron. Word out hes going to make Lebron better and cant learn nothing from him. Lonzo=goat.

ldawg
08-19-2018, 10:40 PM
No one stands out but the mini Lebron has to be Ben Simons.

Jamiecballer
08-19-2018, 11:02 PM
We had Kobe in between Jordan and LeBron. There was no gap.Haha good one

ldawg
08-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Haha good one

Kobe was the Nba darling until the rape trial. He even managed to turn that around. Kobe was the man until Lebron started winning.

mightybosstone
08-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Are we going to act like Shaq wasn't a much bigger personality in the early 2000s than Kobe was? I think people forget how larger than life he was at his peak.

mrblisterdundee
08-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Nobody else in the NBA presently has the star power of LeBron. A core group of elite players ó Curry, Durant, Davis, Harden, Kawhi, etc.) will take over as the faces of the sport, which will continually change. Davis could take the mantle, if he stays healthy and gets decent-enough teammates to contend.

ldawg
08-19-2018, 11:12 PM
Are we going to act like Shaq wasn't a much bigger personality in the early 2000s than Kobe was? I think people forget how larger than life he was at his peak.

Shaq was big but Kobe was the man. The rape trial and some Shaq fans hated kobe so he took a few lumps. Shaq had his share of fans But shaq was never the face of the league.

ldawg
08-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Nobody else in the NBA presently has the star power of LeBron. A core group of elite players ó Curry, Durant, Davis, Harden, Kawhi, etc.) will take over as the faces of the sport, which will continually change. Davis could take the mantle, if he stays healthy and gets decent-enough teammates to contend.

If Davis goes LA and start to win i can see that.

Jayb587
08-20-2018, 12:18 AM
Not sure how we are measuring face of the league. But curry maybe more popular than LeBron the last few years.

kobe4thewinbang
08-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Kevin Durant.

For those that say both sides of play matter, Durant's defense (at least blocks, 1.8pg) has been a topic for discussion especially in the playoffs against LeBron. For being damn near 7', he only gets 6.8 rebounds which is not that good. And we all know he's an assassin on the scoring side.

Compared to Curry, I don't see how it's even close. 5.4 assists compared to Curry's 6.1. They both have 3 turnovers per game. Durant is on page 2 of the whole league in defensive win shares. Defensive rating has Curry just 1 point-ish better than Durant (105.7/106.8)

If Durant were to step up his defense and rebounding just a bit, he'd clearly be the face of the league.

It's not out of the question for a guy like AD, Towns, Embiid to ascend, but more likely to be Durant.

Dark horse would be Kawhi. He's got some recovery to do first, both to fans and he may not be "face" material.

Jayb587
08-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Kevin Durant.

For those that say both sides of play matter, Durant's defense (at least blocks, 1.8pg) has been a topic for discussion especially in the playoffs against LeBron. For being damn near 7', he only gets 6.8 rebounds which is not that good. And we all know he's an assassin on the scoring side.

Compared to Curry, I don't see how it's even close. 5.4 assists compared to Curry's 6.1. They both have 3 turnovers per game. Durant is on page 2 of the whole league in defensive win shares. Defensive rating has Curry just 1 point-ish better than Durant (105.7/106.8)

If Durant were to step up his defense and rebounding just a bit, he'd clearly be the face of the league.

It's not out of the question for a guy like AD, Towns, Embiid to ascend, but more likely to be Durant.

Dark horse would be Kawhi. He's got some recovery to do first, both to fans and he may not be "face" material.

Kd is probably too old. Looking for a young buck that can push himself into one of reatest player ever conversations and massive popularily.

goingfor28
08-20-2018, 12:33 AM
LaVar Ball

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ManningToTyree
08-20-2018, 03:00 AM
Bron JR

Esoteric
08-20-2018, 04:38 AM
Ingram

Hawkeye15
08-20-2018, 10:27 AM
You don't need to be a top 2-3 player ever to be a "face" of the NBA. We likely won't see a player as good as LeBron for a while, you know, because we have only seen 1 on his level ever...

tredigs
08-20-2018, 10:37 AM

I'm not sure Bron has any more star power than Curry. Curry, again, leads the league in jersey sales every year now and the Warriors are the biggest road draw in attendance every season (despite massively inflated ticket prices). They're also the team to beat and if anything the Warriors as a whole are simply the face of the NBA, with Curry being the top draw. What makes LeBron the bigger star?

WaDe03
08-20-2018, 10:37 AM
Zion or Barrett probably friends and neighbors!

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure Bron has any more star power than Curry. Curry, again, leads the league in jersey sales every year now and the Warriors are the biggest road draw in attendance every season (despite massively inflated ticket prices). They're also the team to beat and if anything the Warriors as a whole are simply the face of the NBA, with Curry being the top draw. What makes LeBron the bigger star?

I think Curry is the obvious pick to replace Lebron as the face of the league (if you have to pick one guy), but if you think there isn't a significant gap between Lebron's star power and Curry's, you're delusional. A lot more goes into Lebron's superstardom than his jersey sales.

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 11:49 AM
One factor I haven't seen discussed much in this thread that could seriously impact this conversation is Lebron's health. The guy is an ironman. What if he plays until he's 40? Even if he's a shell of himself at that point, he'll still have the focus of the league in the same way Jordan did in Washington or Kobe did his last few years in LA. If that happens, then guys like Curry, Harden and Durant will be 35-36 years old at that point. They might not even be in the league any more.

You almost have to look at guys who are just now coming into the league or are peaking in their early-mid 20s right now to answer that question. Hell, it's probably going to be some kid who's playing in high school right now.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 12:04 PM
I think Curry is the obvious pick to replace Lebron as the face of the league (if you have to pick one guy), but if you think there isn't a significant gap between Lebron's star power and Curry's, you're delusional. A lot more goes into Lebron's superstardom than his jersey sales.

Jersey sales and road attendance are two very clear indicators of star power. TV ratings would be another (the Warriors are #1 every year now). The latter both being team based obviously, but Curry is the biggest reason (the only guy who hundreds of people show up an hour and a half early to every road game to see go through his dribbling routine and take a shot from the hallway). If there's this massive star-power gap between the two that you'd have to be delusional not to see, where is the evidence of it? Why have you offered none? Who's delusional?

Jayb587
08-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Anyone that says that LeBron has a clear advantage in star power over curry is putting too much emphasis on the fact that LeBron is the better player. Curry is more popular to the masses.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 12:56 PM
The star power of Curry definitely transcends sport. I've been to the celebrity golf tournament in Tahoe a number of times (it's down the road) and they get some big names: Aaron Rodgers, Barkley, Tony Romo, Jerry Rice, Ray Romano, Jordan used to come, Justin Timberlake, etc. You get a good feel for star power based on how filled up the area gets around the green depending on who's on that hole, and every year Curry causes a meltdown, you know he's coming because the area fills up entirely when he's three holes away. More so than Justin Timberlake even, though most of the time they're paired together. You wouldn't know Aaron Rodgers from a fly on the ground when the two are near each other. It would definitely be interesting to see LeBron there as well and how it would look.

valade16
08-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Jersey sales and road attendance are two very clear indicators of star power. TV ratings would be another (the Warriors are #1 every year now). The latter both being team based obviously, but Curry is the biggest reason (the only guy who hundreds of people show up an hour and a half early to every road game to see go through his dribbling routine and take a shot from the hallway). If there's this massive star-power gap between the two that you'd have to be delusional not to see, where is the evidence of it? Why have you offered none? Who's delusional?

Well ESPN's 100 most popular had Bron at 2 and Curry at 9:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23519390/espn-world-fame-100-2018#

Bron has over 40 million social media followers, Curry has less than 20 million (as of that article).

LeBron also makes the most money including endorsements:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2018/02/07/the-nbas-highest-paid-players-on-and-off-the-court-for-2018/#68e1bdab2853

Not to mention LeBron's LA decision created record breaking jersey sales, far above Curry in that timeframe. I would be shocked if Bron didn't finish this season as the highest jersey seller:

https://www.gq.com/story/lebron-james-la-lakers-jersey

Curry is very popular, but LeBron is still the more popular and recognizable person around the world.

WaDe03
08-20-2018, 01:06 PM

Bron has over 40 million social media followers, Curry has less than 20 million (as of that article).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2018/02/07/the-nbas-highest-paid-players-on-and-off-the-court-for-2018/#68e1bdab2853

Not to mention LeBron's LA decision created record breaking jersey sales, far above Curry in that timeframe. I would be shocked if Bron didn't finish this season as the highest jersey seller:

Curry is very popular, but LeBron is still the more popular and recognizable person around the world.

Great post and information, good job citing your sources! Thank you for all you do!

tredigs
08-20-2018, 01:31 PM

Good compilation here, but a lot of this is subjective or partial information. Concerning endorsement money, this is something where players and their teams simply choose to agree or not to agree to certain companies. If a guy like Curry was actually willing to fully sell out and accept all the offers thrown his way, he's making 100 million+ a year off of them. They don't because they either don't want to support the company for one reason or another, or simply don't want to put in the time for commercials, press, etc. There's also the fact that Curry's biggest deal is less predicated on endorsement money, and more so on the fact that they actually gave him an ownership stake in the company. It's possible his endorsement worth is far higher due to that.

Concerning social, this is another thing that depends on the work the player or his team puts into it. LeBron can be something of a troll on social (with his own teammates or otherwise with his "cryptic" messages) and takes it very seriously. I'm looking at Curry's right now (for the first time) and it's a lot of family stuff. Bron also started on Instagram years before Curry and has nearly 3X the posts. Natural that he would have a much bigger following on there given the above.

Concerning his LA jersey sales, obviously he is receiving a huge boost this season by joining the NBA's most popular fanbase (here and world-wide) and having a New Jersey. The same obviously would have been the case for Curry instead of LeBron if he were the one that jumped ship to LA. Good finds though, it at least gives merit to Bron's case.

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 02:11 PM
People werenít sucking Curryís dick in this thread so here comes Tredigs for the save!

Lebron is a bigger star than Curry or anyone in the NBA and itís not close. Give it a rest.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 02:57 PM
People werenít sucking Curryís dick in this thread so here comes Tredigs for the save!

Lebron is a bigger star than Curry or anyone in the NBA and itís not close. Give it a rest.

Oh no, God forbid anyone challenges your majesty! You pole smoking half wit.

Chronz
08-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Lol. Legit never heard pole smoker before

TheDish87
08-20-2018, 03:05 PM
The answer is Embiid. He is only 23, on a team that should be a perennial title contender in the very near future as well as MVP contender, insanely personable and likable, arguably a top 5 player right now in terms of pure talent and impact on the floor. Plays in a top market and is top 10 in jersey sales. Just has to remain healthy enough moving forward for it all to come to fruition.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 03:10 PM

Only special occasions.

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 03:25 PM

You didnít go to middle school? That term is legit older than Steph. Not surprised Tre used it.

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 03:57 PM

You're a Warriors fan who lives in the Bay Area. You don't think that impacts your opinion on this at all? Your opinion is going to be insanely biased, and therefore has no validity in this discussion. That's like going to Green Bay and asking who the more popular QB is between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. In the rest of the country, we'd all pretty immediately say "Brady," but in an area with an intense, passionate fan base, it's probably easily going to be Rodgers for them.

To me, there are two good indicators to determine the popularity of a professional athlete:
1. How popular is that guy outside of the city he plays or the cities he's played for?
2. How well does is he known among non-sports fans?

I guarantee you that if I called my mother right now and asked her who Stephen Curry is, she would say "Who?" But I know for a fact that she knows who Lebron James is. Lebron has jumped into that stratosphere of MJ or Tiger Woods where pretty much any person on the planet could be asked "Who is Lebron James?" and they would all know he is a professional athlete. Where anything he does gets national attention in the media regardless if it has anything to do with sports.

I remember when Steph Curry announced he wasn't going to the White House after last year's title and Trump rescinded the offer. Lebron's Tweet on the response got as much, if not more media attention than Curry's original announcement. THAT'S popularity, and it's a clear indication of how big the gap is between the two of them.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2018, 04:04 PM
You're a Warriors fan who lives in the Bay Area. You don't think that impacts your opinion on this at all? Your opinion is going to be insanely biased, and therefore has no validity in this discussion. That's like going to Green Bay and asking who the more popular QB is between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. In the rest of the country, we'd all pretty immediately say "Brady," but in an area with an intense, passionate fan base, it's probably easily going to be Rodgers for them.

To me, there are two good indicators to determine the popularity of a professional athlete:
1. How popular is that guy outside of the city he plays or the cities he's played for?
2. How well does is he known among non-sports fans?

I guarantee you that if I called my mother right now and asked her who Stephen Curry is, she would say "Who?" But I know for a fact that she knows who Lebron James is. Lebron has jumped into that stratosphere of MJ or Tiger Woods where pretty much any person on the planet could be asked "Who is Lebron James?" and they would all know he is a professional athlete. Where anything he does gets national attention in the media regardless if it has anything to do with sports.

I remember when Steph Curry announced he wasn't going to the White House after last year's title and Trump rescinded the offer. Lebron's Tweet on the response got as much, if not more media attention than Curry's original announcement. THAT'S popularity, and it's a clear indication of how big the gap is between the two of them.

great post. Among basketball fans, Steph Curry may very well be the most popular. But among the world, there isn't a close 2nd to LeBron James. As you stated, he is MJ/Tiger level.

As stupid as the grandma analogy sounds, its spot on. A dude can live under a rock in Tibet and still know who LeBron James is.

WaDe03
08-20-2018, 04:10 PM
The answer is Embiid. He is only 23, on a team that should be a perennial title contender in the very near future as well as MVP contender, insanely personable and likable, arguably a top 5 player right now in terms of pure talent and impact on the floor. Plays in a top market and is top 10 in jersey sales. Just has to remain healthy enough moving forward for it all to come to fruition.

God bless your soul!

tredigs
08-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Actually I don't live in the Bay Area, and have lived in multiple states + seen away games of both Curry and LeBron in other states. The hype is very similar, and Curry is the only one in the NBA who creates the pregame buzz on the road that he does (again, hundreds of people let in early specifically to see him). Also telling that in the most recent report I've seen of Chinese jersey sales, Curry again led LeBron. It was from last year and #1 was Kobe, #2 Curry, #3 Jordan and then LeBron at #4. I find it hard to believe Lebron is significantly more popular worldwide. They're likely very close and if you know one you know the other.

Silent
08-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Mitchell

tredigs
08-20-2018, 04:26 PM
As for the Trump tweet from Lebron garnering significant press, it's because Curry made no definitive statement at all before the uproar (started by Trump saying the Warriors were not invited because Curry was "hesitant". Then LeBron called the standing President a "bum". Obviously that's the headline grabber. I really shouldn't have to spell all this out for you guys.

Jamiecballer
08-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Kobe was the Nba darling until the rape trial. He even managed to turn that around. Kobe was the man until Lebron started winning.I wont deny he was wildly popular but I would not call such a polarizing player, and someone who was clearly a lesser clone of the man who came before him the face, or at least not in the way I thought the OP was asking.

Kobe might have carried the torch from Jordan, but for only as long as it took for most people to realize he was not THAT guy. I took the OP to be meaning the next THAT guy.

Jamiecballer
08-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Curry's Jersey sales popularity has an absurdly simple explanation.

1) hes a great player
2) he looks like one of us, and is famous for doing something that each and every one of us could do (if given a ludicrous number of attempts)

He is the star for the masses.

WaDe03
08-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Actually I don't live in the Bay Area, and have lived in multiple states + seen away games of both Curry and LeBron in other states. The hype is very similar, and Curry is the only one in the NBA who creates the pregame buzz on the road that he does (again, hundreds of people let in early specifically to see him). Also telling that in the most recent report I've seen of Chinese jersey sales, Curry again led LeBron. It was from last year and #1 was Kobe, #2 Curry, #3 Jordan and then LeBron at #4. I find it hard to believe Lebron is significantly more popular worldwide. They're likely very close and if you know one you know the other.

Please excuse my language, and I hope this doesnít deter you from posting more but youíre being a homer here. Thank you for everything!

valade16
08-20-2018, 04:44 PM

I'd still bet more people around the world know who LeBron James is than Steph Curry. I think Curry may be more popular amongst NBA circles, but outside NBA circles, LeBron is more known.

Also, for what it's worth, LeBron overtook Curry for jersey sales in China as of January 2018, and I think his LA move will only increase sales, especially considering Lonzo Ball was 11th...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22124345/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-tops-jersey-sales-china

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Actually I don't live in the Bay Area, and have lived in multiple states + seen away games of both Curry and LeBron in other states. The hype is very similar.
I can assure you it's not in Texas.

and Curry is the only one in the NBA who creates the pregame buzz on the road that he does (again, hundreds of people let in early specifically to see him).
...says the Warriors fan who is clearly obsessed with Curry. :eyebrow:

Also telling that in the most recent report I've seen of Chinese jersey sales, Curry again led LeBron. It was from last year and #1 was Kobe, #2 Curry, #3 Jordan and then LeBron at #4.
Again, since when was jersey sales the No. 1 indicator of worldwide popularity? As others have said, you're looking at the sales of jerseys, who are bought by passionate NBA fans. But that's hardly a better indicator of overall popularity, especially given that Curry has has more team success and received more accolades in recent years.

I find it hard to believe Lebron is significantly more popular worldwide. They're likely very close and if you know one you know the other.
Then you're being intentionally dense. Take off the homer goggles and try to look at this with a fresh perspective. You don't see me claiming that Harden is remotely in the same level of popularity as Lebron, and he's the reigning MVP.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Definitely don't care to hear the subjective opinions. Valade brought up some good points, albeit all with holes that I mentioned. I'm not too concerned either way, but I'm fairly certain Lebron is not significantly more popular. @bosstone, well no ****, LeBron and Curry are in a different stratosphere from a fame perspective. The closest after Lebron and then Curry is KD, then another big gap between him and the rest of the stars.

valade16
08-20-2018, 05:14 PM
Definitely don't care to hear the subjective opinions. Valade brought up some good points, albeit all with holes that I mentioned. I'm not too concerned either way, but I'm fairly certain Lebron is not significantly more popular. @bosstone, well no ****, LeBron and Curry are in a different stratosphere from a fame perspective. The closest after Lebron and then Curry is KD, then another big gap between him and the rest of the stars.

Isn't that what we were talking about?

I think Curry is more popular than people on here realize (he was 9th in the ESPN 100 list, which is really high).

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 05:25 PM

:confused: Sooooo.... You're conceding that I'm right?

tredigs
08-20-2018, 05:46 PM
:confused: Sooooo.... You're conceding that I'm right?

Meaning Curry and LeBron are the most popular, then there's a decent drop off.to.KD, then another decent drop off to 5-10 other players. LeBron likely being the most popular, but not by any huge margin. I can guarantee there was never a moment in the 90's where MJ was not #1 in jersey sales (I'd be shocked if he was not multiple times more than the next closest during the 90's) or recognition world wide. That's the level of fame some are suggesting Bron has over Curry and the rest of the league, and it simply isn't the case. Never has been. Kobe was more popular through at least 2012.

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 05:49 PM
I just read today that The Eagles just out sold more albums than Michael Jackson after years of inching towards him. I guess The Eagles are more popular than Michael Jackson.

As for the Trump tweet from Lebron garnering significant press, it's because Curry made no definitive statement at all before the uproar (started by Trump saying the Warriors were not invited because Curry was "hesitant". Then LeBron called the standing President a "bum". Obviously that's the headline grabber. I really shouldn't have to spell all this out for you guys.

I remember once when I didnít close my parentheses and you ripped me a new one.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 05:54 PM
I just read today that The Eagles just out sold more albums than Michael Jackson after years of inching towards him. I guess The Eagles are more popular than Michael Jackson.

I remember once when I didnít close my parentheses and you ripped me a new one.

Saddletramp, the mental midget of debate.

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 05:58 PM
I agree with the guy. Just because someone sells more jerseys or records in a given period of time does not make them more famous or popular. I don't understand why you need to be so unbelievably arrogant and rude all the time. It's just totally unnecessary. It's gotten so bad lately that you're getting really, really close to ignore status for me...

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 05:59 PM

Just using your logic, bro. Sorry I called you out on making a grammatical error. I know *******s on the internet hate to be caught making one of those.

tredigs
08-20-2018, 06:07 PM
I agree with the guy. Just because someone sells more jerseys or records in a given period of time does not make them more famous or popular. I don't understand why you need to be so unbelievably arrogant and rude all the time. It's just totally unnecessary. It's gotten so bad lately that you're getting really, really close to ignore status for me...
You agree with a Rockets fan about one of your favorite players concerning Curry? Shooooocking! Ignore me buddy. It will save you plenty of embarrassment going forward.

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 06:09 PM
You agree with a Rockets fan about one of your favorite players concerning Curry? Shooooocking! Ignore me buddy. It will save you plenty of embarrassment going forward.

It'll be a cold day in hell before you ever "embarrass" me in an argument, chief. But you keep trolling. That's certainly your strength, and you're damn good at it.

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 06:15 PM

What the hell does us being Rockets fans have to do with anything? Jesus Christ, tough guy. Just throwing any type of **** hoping that itíll stick, huh?

tredigs
08-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Just using your logic, bro. Sorry I called you out on making a grammatical error. I know *******s on the internet hate to be caught making one of those.

You truly are a mental midget (ditto bosstone for agreeing that it's an apt anology). But no, "my logic" in this case would be if the Eagles and Jackson both released albums in their prime at the same time, the one with higher sales would have one strong indicator on their side that they were the more popular artist at the time. Again, the fact that I'm needing to spell this **** out for you guys is ****ing classic. Blind stupidity.

Saddletramp
08-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Numbers are numbers, kid. Youíre the one judging popularity on them. Everyone sees past just the numbers with no other context. Youíre also a complete homer for the guy youíre arguing for and telling us about the Tahoe fans slurping him at a regional golf tournament like thatís a head turner. No **** North Californians are going to cheer him like crazy.

But whatever, bro. Keep on suckiní that D if it makes you feel better.

mightybosstone
08-20-2018, 07:44 PM
You truly are a mental midget (ditto bosstone for agreeing that it's an apt anology). But no, "my logic" in this case would be if the Eagles and Jackson both released albums in their prime at the same time, the one with higher sales would have one strong indicator on their side that they were the more popular artist at the time. Again, the fact that I'm needing to spell this **** out for you guys is ****ing classic. Blind stupidity.

What's an "anology?"

FlashBolt
08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Measuring jersey sales to try and depict Curry as being more popular is laughable when it couldn't be farther from the truth. It takes a combination of numerous factors.

1) Jersey sales matter but in Curry's case, winners attract bandwagoners and I can assure you, there are a fair share of bandwagoners. Warriors winning and being as dominant as they are along with Curry's relateable physical stature will undoubtedly generate more jersey sales. For reference, Kristaps Porzingis in 2016 sold more jerseys than Kevin Durant. No, KP is not even close to being as popular as Kevin Durant. Which brings me to another point: LeBron has been in the league since 2003. People are waiting for the next big thing and in recent years, Curry has been that player who people have been pushing to surpass LeBron.

2) Shoe sales has been dominated by LeBron for years now. It's not even close.

3) LeBron has more than double the followers Curry has in social media. Considering everyone and their mommas are on social media, you can say there is a social media score that exists and it can somewhat signify that X is more popular than Y, occassionally.

4) LeBron constantly being in the GOAT conversation has simply generated more headlines. His public stance on social issues has put him above almost every other athlete as the forefront in making a social impact. His stature as a person is simply bigger than Curry. I felt Curry had a huge shot of surpassing LeBron as a player and face of NBA in 2016 but LeBron ultimately dominated while Curry fell short and had to call Durant for backup. That all matters. LeBron is the better story, better player, and has had a larger impact in society.

5) Tredigs mentioned that endorsements can be misleading because Curry opted for ownership stake instead of cash. While that may be true and I am not aware of Curry's ownership stake in companies, don't forget, LeBron has those same investments. He quit endorsing McDonald's to add a stake in Blaze pizza. He opted for ownership stake in Beats headphones years ago. He owns numerous media companies and has plenty of projects going on. Don't forget he also owns a small percentage of Liverpool FC and that has done incredibly well. This is more of a testament of their business prowess but there is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, if he chose to, would be the highest paid athlete in terms of endorsements BY FAR if that was his goal.

6) Team merchandise wise, did you know that the Cleveland Cavailers were the 2nd best selling team in the NBA? And who do you think is responsible for that? While Warriors are #1, they have a legitimate reason to be there as they are the champions and have numerous stars on their team but on the Cavailers, you only have LeBron. No one is purchasing Cleveland Cavailers merchandise for Love, Tristan, or J.R. Smith.

7) On a cultural aspect for both the sport and socially, LeBron is simply the bigger figure by far. He's the most popular athlete in America in the same way Jordan and Woods were. LeBron's impact trascends past basketball. Everything he does, people are waiting to speak on it. ESPN and FOX Sports are constantly talking about LeBron because that's what sells the most. When Warriors won, people talked about LeBron more than they did Curry. That's just the facts.

Curry is insanely popular. Like I said, 2016 was the year I thought Curry had a perfect opportunity to surpass LeBron as a player and face of the NBA. But other than jersey sales, which is a pretty poor measure of popularity outside of the NBA, Curry does not attract more viewers than LeBron does. As MBT said, LeBron is known worldwide. There is no need to try and pretend that Curry is even close to being as popular. Anyone using that take is simply incorrect and speaking out of admiration of Curry.

FlashBolt
08-20-2018, 08:58 PM
What the hell does us being Rockets fans have to do with anything? Jesus Christ, tough guy. Just throwing any type of **** hoping that itíll stick, huh?

I'm confused, too. These type of association tactics to try and defend oneself is a sign of mental defeat. It's completely irrelevant which team or player you support. The facts and numbers heavily support LeBron as being the most popular athlete. The next face in the NBA could very well be Curry but at the same time, how does one award Curry as the face of the NBA when Durant was the 2x Finals MVP the past two years and not Curry? How does one become the face of the NBA when their teammate has outperformed them? The LeBron vs Jordan debate will never die. The Curry vs Jordan debate never started.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Doncic.

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 01:20 AM
Zion

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 01:26 AM
This mofo Zion is listed at 6í6 285. This guy is by far the quickest most explosive player on the court. This guy is physically the same kind of athlete as Lebron. Itís going to be scary what this dude is going to evolve into. Heís gone be 6í6 and as heavy as rookie Shaq yet he will be the fastest guy in the leagu. Whoa

Jeffy25
08-21-2018, 01:34 AM

6 MVP's, 4 MVP's, 1 MVP

kdspurman
08-21-2018, 08:20 AM
6 MVP's, 4 MVP's, 1 MVP

In terms of popularity and being a global figure, there's no doubt Kobe was that guy for years.

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 08:35 AM
God bless your soul!

prove me wrong

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 08:37 AM
This mofo Zion is listed at 6í6 285. This guy is by far the quickest most explosive player on the court. This guy is physically the same kind of athlete as Lebron. Itís going to be scary what this dude is going to evolve into. Heís gone be 6í6 and as heavy as rookie Shaq yet he will be the fastest guy in the leagu. Whoa

you lost me at fastest guy in the league lol stop it. why go over board on the kid when its not necessary?

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 08:45 AM
you lost me at fastest guy in the league lol stop it. why go over board on the kid when its not necessary?

Not going overboard

crewfan13
08-21-2018, 09:42 AM
I guess I donít think the league needs one face. Look at the nfl, I guess thereís an argument that Brady is that one guy, but the nfl is fine promoting a few top players. Even pre Jordan, you had magic/bird, the bad boy pistons and other guys. It wasnít a one face league before then.

And Lebron is such a unique person, those guys donít come around every 10 years. In order to have the staying power of a Lebron, you legit need to be a top 5 player of all time type. The odds of another one of those coming right after Lebron is slim. I think the league will be fine promoting a guy like curry whoíll be aging but probably setting or approaching career shooting records, promoting the prime or just past primes of guys like Giannis, Davis, Embiid and those types and promoting the upside of whoever the hot first to third year players are. No need to pick and face and go with it. Promote 5 guys or so as the top attractions.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Measuring jersey sales to try and depict Curry as being more popular is laughable when it couldn't be farther from the truth. It takes a combination of numerous factors.

1) Jersey sales matter but in Curry's case, winners attract bandwagoners and I can assure you, there are a fair share of bandwagoners. Warriors winning and being as dominant as they are along with Curry's relateable physical stature will undoubtedly generate more jersey sales. For reference, Kristaps Porzingis in 2016 sold more jerseys than Kevin Durant. No, KP is not even close to being as popular as Kevin Durant. Which brings me to another point: LeBron has been in the league since 2003. People are waiting for the next big thing and in recent years, Curry has been that player who people have been pushing to surpass LeBron.

2) Shoe sales has been dominated by LeBron for years now. It's not even close.

3) LeBron has more than double the followers Curry has in social media. Considering everyone and their mommas are on social media, you can say there is a social media score that exists and it can somewhat signify that X is more popular than Y, occassionally.

4) LeBron constantly being in the GOAT conversation has simply generated more headlines. His public stance on social issues has put him above almost every other athlete as the forefront in making a social impact. His stature as a person is simply bigger than Curry. I felt Curry had a huge shot of surpassing LeBron as a player and face of NBA in 2016 but LeBron ultimately dominated while Curry fell short and had to call Durant for backup. That all matters. LeBron is the better story, better player, and has had a larger impact in society.

5) Tredigs mentioned that endorsements can be misleading because Curry opted for ownership stake instead of cash. While that may be true and I am not aware of Curry's ownership stake in companies, don't forget, LeBron has those same investments. He quit endorsing McDonald's to add a stake in Blaze pizza. He opted for ownership stake in Beats headphones years ago. He owns numerous media companies and has plenty of projects going on. Don't forget he also owns a small percentage of Liverpool FC and that has done incredibly well. This is more of a testament of their business prowess but there is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, if he chose to, would be the highest paid athlete in terms of endorsements BY FAR if that was his goal.

6) Team merchandise wise, did you know that the Cleveland Cavailers were the 2nd best selling team in the NBA? And who do you think is responsible for that? While Warriors are #1, they have a legitimate reason to be there as they are the champions and have numerous stars on their team but on the Cavailers, you only have LeBron. No one is purchasing Cleveland Cavailers merchandise for Love, Tristan, or J.R. Smith.

7) On a cultural aspect for both the sport and socially, LeBron is simply the bigger figure by far. He's the most popular athlete in America in the same way Jordan and Woods were. LeBron's impact trascends past basketball. Everything he does, people are waiting to speak on it. ESPN and FOX Sports are constantly talking about LeBron because that's what sells the most. When Warriors won, people talked about LeBron more than they did Curry. That's just the facts.

Curry is insanely popular. Like I said, 2016 was the year I thought Curry had a perfect opportunity to surpass LeBron as a player and face of the NBA. But other than jersey sales, which is a pretty poor measure of popularity outside of the NBA, Curry does not attract more viewers than LeBron does. As MBT said, LeBron is known worldwide. There is no need to try and pretend that Curry is even close to being as popular. Anyone using that take is simply incorrect and speaking out of admiration of Curry.

perfect post regarding this stupid subject haha.

Tg11
08-21-2018, 10:00 AM
For who I think the new face of the NBA will be...who will be that larger than life player that will transcend like Bron is and has been...will be either Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett of Duke

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Not going overboard

yes, yes you are going waaay overboard.

WaDe03
08-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Good morning friends! Hope your day has started out great! I hope this doesnít hurt anyoneís feelings but imo
Yourenwrong if your top 5 doesnít look like this:

(In no order friends)

Zion
Barrett
Mitchell
Tatum
Simmons

WaDe03
08-21-2018, 10:14 AM
prove me wrong

Friend, I donít think Embiids body will hold up long enough. Heíll probably be 30 by the time LeBron leaves.

Tg11
08-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Good morning friends! Hope your day has started out great! I hope this doesnít hurt anyoneís feelings but imo
Yourenwrong if your top 5 doesnít look like this:

(In no order friends)

Zion
Barrett
Mitchell
Tatum
Simmons

They all have potential to be that player who can become the most elite like Bron

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 11:06 AM
im a big Duke fan but its kind of funny everyone is mentioning Zion and Barrett bcuz theyre playing (against hardly real teams) right now while Reddish is expected to be every bit as good.

WaDe03
08-21-2018, 11:14 AM
im a big Duke fan but its kind of funny everyone is mentioning Zion and Barrett bcuz theyre playing (against hardly real teams) right now while Reddish is expected to be every bit as good.

Barrett is the best, reddish was projected higher than Zion but thatís going to be wrong. Those 2 are on another level, we already know the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft.

Did Reddish play at all?

God bless you and thank you for your input as a Duke fan!

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 01:37 PM
no he sat out with a minor injury for precaution. Theyre likely all on the same level (all have the same grade) most likely but they still have to play real games, these exhibitions mean nothing its like the Globetrotters vs the Generals.

jaydubb
08-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Moritz wagner

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 04:13 PM
yes, yes you are going waaay overboard.

No not at all. Heís been the fastest player on the court and itís been by 10000000000000 miles. Heís a different level of human.

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Barrett and Zion arenít close physically. Wtf

TheDish87
08-21-2018, 04:31 PM
dude no one said they were the same level physically. Dukes top 3 players are all graded as a 96 and ranked 1-3 lol pay attention and stop talking about Zion like hes Justin Gatlin

WaDe03
08-21-2018, 04:33 PM
no he sat out with a minor injury for precaution. Theyre likely all on the same level (all have the same grade) most likely but they still have to play real games, these exhibitions mean nothing its like the Globetrotters vs the Generals.

Thank you for your information neighbor! Grade doesnít mean much to me, letís not forget what has happened to Duvall who was thought to be the best PG last year. Definitely have to play real games but they look very good

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 04:40 PM
dude no one said they were the same level physically. Dukes top 3 players are all graded as a 96 and ranked 1-3 lol pay attention and stop talking about Zion like hes Justin Gatlin

Ok kid, go to sleep. Physicality means a lot youngster. Dude ways the same as Shaq. They wonít be close in the NBA.

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 04:41 PM

Bron was also the fastest in the NBA in his athletic prime. At 260lbs. No one confused him with Gatlin. Your mental is sorry.

Ishkabibble
08-21-2018, 05:28 PM
They all have potential to be that player who can become the most elite like Bron

Simmons has the personality of a dial tone.

Tg11
08-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Simmons has the personality of a dial tone.

Which is why I said they all have potential but the ones who could be as big as Bron in terms of transcendence are Zion, Barrett, Tatum or like it or not Lonzo

IKnowHoops
08-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Which is why I said they all have potential but the ones who could be as big as Bron in terms of transcendence are Zion, Barrett, Tatum or like it or not Lonzo

Brooooooooooooo!

I will promise you this, Barrett/Tatum/Lonzo wont come close to D Wade.

These guys are nowhere near Zion as far as upside. Zion is already the second heaviest player...in the NBA at 18. Iím excited that there is another freak to replace Lebron. I never thought Iíd see another Bron. Well Zion is the first of his kind.

Heís 285, 18, and can dunk from the free throw line. The dude has unbelievable speed that he only unleashes two steps at a time, but I am confident he is the fastest guy in college. Not that Iíve seen everyone, but Iím comfortable saying he is faster than D Wade ever was and as fast as AI and probably even faster top speed, but you never really get to top speed on a court.

Regardless, Zion is the type of player that will keep me paying attention to the game. He has the physicality to be the greatest player ever...as Bron, Shaq, Wilt, Mike had before him. I donít care what people say. Yes skills pay the bills, but in order to be the greatest, you are going to have to be among the freakiest of the freakiest to surpass guys like Jordan, Shaq and Bron.

JordansBulls
08-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Lebron was the face of the NBA in 2013. In 2011 it was Rose, in 2012 it was Dirk till the playoffs, In 2014 it was Durant/Lebron. 2015 and 2016 it was Curry and 2017 and 2018 it was Durant.

Tg11
08-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Zion have potential untapped potential

Saddletramp
08-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Lebron was the face of the NBA in 2013. In 2011 it was Rose, in 2012 it was Dirk till the playoffs, In 2014 it was Durant/Lebron. 2015 and 2016 it was Curry and 2017 and 2018 it was Durant.

You have no idea what this thread is about, do you?

Brybmc868
08-22-2018, 09:14 AM
DONivan mitchel

WaDe03
08-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Brooooooooooooo!

These guys are nowhere near Zion as far as upside. Zion is already the second heaviest player...in the NBA at 18. Iím excited that there is another freak to replace Lebron. I never thought Iíd see another Bron. Well Zion is the first of his kind.

Heís 285, 18, and can dunk from the free throw line. The dude has unbelievable speed that he only unleashes two steps at a time, but I am confident he is the fastest guy in college. Not that Iíve seen everyone, but Iím comfortable saying he is faster than D Wade ever was and as fast as AI and probably even faster top speed, but you never really get to top speed on a court.

Regardless, Zion is the type of player that will keep me paying attention to the game. He has the physicality to be the greatest player ever...as Bron, Shaq, Wilt, Mike had before him. I donít care what people say. Yes skills pay the bills, but in order to be the greatest, you are going to have to be among the freakiest of the freakiest to surpass guys like Jordan, Shaq and Bron.

Good morning sir I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to remind you that Wades nickname was flash for a reason and I think you should look at some old highlights if you think Zion and AI are faster. Hope you have a great day!

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Ok kid, go to sleep. Physicality means a lot youngster. Dude ways the same as Shaq. They wonít be close in the NBA.

no one is ****ing talking about that, how ****ing dense are you?????????????????????????????

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Bron was also the fastest in the NBA in his athletic prime. At 260lbs. No one confused him with Gatlin. Your mental is sorry.

no he wasnt

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Brooooooooooooo!

holy ****. gotta go on ignore now

WaDe03
08-22-2018, 10:16 AM
no one is ****ing talking about that, how ****ing dense are you?????????????????????????????

Please TheDish87, calm your nerves and be a leader! No need for such harsh curse words and name calling. I hope you see just how much your posts could be hurting IKnowHoops. He could be having a very bad day, maybe not even have water at his home to take a shower with! I hope you two can work through this!

Htownballa1622
08-22-2018, 10:51 AM

https://imgur.com/a/Pn3e6nz

IKnowHoops
08-22-2018, 05:07 PM
no he wasnt

Poor kid. You really do know nothing.

Prime Bron was easily the fastest in the league

Stop snorting

IKnowHoops
08-22-2018, 05:11 PM
holy ****. gotta go on ignore now

This kid really is on my nuts harder than any ever. Stalks me constantly and gets very upset.

6í6 280 and dunks from the free throw line. I guess he doesnít understand mathematics either. The speed needed to generate liftoff from a 300 pounder is ridic

WaDe03
08-22-2018, 05:20 PM
This kid really is on my nuts harder than any ever. Stalks me constantly and gets very upset.

6í6 280 and dunks from the free throw line. I guess he doesnít understand mathematics either. The speed needed to generate liftoff from a 300 pounder is ridic

6í7 285 to be exact my good friend and fellow neighbor!

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Poor kid. You really do know nothing.

Prime Bron was easily the fastest in the league

Stop snorting

dude stop spewing nonense if you cant back it up. youre dumbass just told me that Zion Williamson is faster then prime AI and Wade. go home, youre drunk.

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 05:30 PM

please Einstein enlighten me with the math to prove your point. ill wait.

Lakers + Giants
08-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Brandon ****in Ingram.

Lakers + Giants
08-22-2018, 05:32 PM
In terms of popularity and being a global figure, there's no doubt Kobe was that guy for years.

This.

cmellofan15
08-22-2018, 08:23 PM
dude stop spewing nonense if you cant back it up. youre dumbass just told me that Zion Williamson is faster then prime AI and Wade. go home, youre drunk.

Wait what... that actually happened??? :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
08-22-2018, 10:15 PM
This.He was also likely the player that inspired the most dislike. I dont think anybody that polarizing could be considered the face of the sport. The league didnt have anybody between Jordan and Lebron although I imagine had Duncan had a personality he would have potentially bridged that gap.

FlashBolt
08-23-2018, 02:22 AM
Disagree with Kobe being more popular than LeBron. Kobe was always known as a basketball player but what LeBron does is being transformed into a global celebrity. He's in Hollywood, every sports discussion, politics, philanthrophy, and business. It's tough to say but Kobe's peak just didn't align with social media and I think that doesn't play in his favor.

TheDish87
08-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Wait what... that actually happened??? :laugh2:

yea like 2 pages ago. mind boggling. by his logic Brent Barry was also the fastest player in the league.

Bruins2012
08-23-2018, 11:21 AM
It will probably be LeBron Jr or Shaq Jr.

FlashBolt
08-23-2018, 12:34 PM
It will probably be LeBron Jr or Shaq Jr.

Shaq's son isn't that good, lol.

FlashBolt
08-23-2018, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ79UfAs24

Zion Williamson is a guarantee to be a very good player. His athleticism and physical stature is enough to get him to be a top 20 player, easy. I'd have to see more to see if he could be a top 10 player but his biggest issues still seem to be shooting the ball and defense. I think those will be his biggest cons in the NBA.

IKnowHoops
08-23-2018, 01:25 PM
please Einstein enlighten me with the math to prove your point. ill wait.

Well young one. If you have ever run track. The fastest guys, are also the best long jumpers. Now, being that Zion is 300 lbs and wade is 200 pounds...the fact that he can easily dunk from the free throw line and Wade cannot and never could...the fact that there is only 3 inches separating the two, but 100 pounds are n weight...itís very easy to see that Zion has to be moving faster than Wade in order to get the distance he does dunking from the free throw line.

Now before u say that is all vertical...J Richardson could not come close to dunking from the free throw line, even though he could jump out of the gym...he wasnít fast enough.

Now I am a track guy and weight lifting guy. Iím all about speed and power. If you study athletes long enough, you can see how different Zion and Bron are from everyone else. They jog around and use a burst in one step. Because they are that much freakier.

Lebron was the fastest guy in the league in his Prime. Iíve seen him make up 30 feet in chase down blocks in two steps.

You are a novice in this field obviously

WaDe03
08-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Well young one. If you have ever run track. The fastest guys, are also the best long jumpers. Now, being that Zion is 300 lbs and wade is 200 pounds...the fact that he can easily dunk from the free throw line and Wade cannot and never could...the fact that there is only 3 inches separating the two, but 100 pounds are n weight...itís very easy to see that Zion has to be moving faster than Wade in order to get the distance he does dunking from the free throw line.

Now before u say that is all vertical...J Richardson could not come close to dunking from the free throw line, even though he could jump out of the gym...he wasnít fast enough.

Now I am a track guy and weight lifting guy. Iím all about speed and power. If you study athletes long enough, you can see how different Zion and Bron are from everyone else. They jog around and use a burst in one step. Because they are that much freakier.

Lebron was the fastest guy in the league in his Prime. Iíve seen him make up 30 feet in chase down blocks in two steps.

My friend there is only a 60 pound difference between them, not 100. How do you know Wade and JRich canít dunk from the free throw line? Is it just because thereís no video? I havenít seen Westbrook, Rose, Wade, Wall, LeBron etc. dunk from the free throw line from what I can remember but heís not faster than any of them. Thereís much more to it than just speed. Thank you for posting and I hope you continue to do so!

Scoots
08-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Zion is amazing, but he does need to lose some weight, just to prolong his career.

TheDish87
08-23-2018, 04:22 PM

amazing. well done. truly an exceptional scientific fool proof explanation.

JAZZNC
08-23-2018, 10:25 PM
My friend there is only a 60 pound difference between them, not 100. How do you know Wade and JRich canít dunk from the free throw line? Is it just because thereís no video? I havenít seen Westbrook, Rose, Wade, Wall, LeBron etc. dunk from the free throw line from what I can remember but heís not faster than any of them. Thereís much more to it than just speed. Thank you for posting and I hope you continue to do so!

Pretty sure JRich was a 2 foot jumper so that would negate him from being a legit free throw line dunker in all likelihood.

basch152
08-23-2018, 10:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ79UfAs24

Zion Williamson is a guarantee to be a very good player. His athleticism and physical stature is enough to get him to be a top 20 player, easy. I'd have to see more to see if he could be a top 10 player but his biggest issues still seem to be shooting the ball and defense. I think those will be his biggest cons in the NBA.

they said the same thing about Wiggins though

FlashBolt
08-24-2018, 01:39 AM

Add 70 lbs on Wiggins and someone who has a better vertical and athleticism and then you'd be close. These are two different species right here.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Wiggins biggest question mark was always his drive. He seemed too passive. And the red flag was 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% right on. He has games where he can just dominate portions of it, and it makes you scream, "yeah Andrew, you can do this anytime you want!". Then he disappears for 18 games and just jacks 19 foot fadeaways and doesn't grab a rebound.

Tg11
08-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Zion or Barrett

valade16
08-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Add 70 lbs on Wiggins and someone who has a better vertical and athleticism and then you'd be close. These are two different species right here.

The knock on Zion and Wiggins is they are lazy though right? So how is better athleticism going to help with that? Would Andrew Wiggins suddenly be an amazing player if he were 70lb pounds heavier and had better athleticism and vertical? No, he'd still be a lazy underachiever.

I have no idea if Zion turns out like Wiggins, he may try far harder and succeed far more than Wiggins ever did, but I just don't see how increased physical traits really help you much if you aren't getting it mentally.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 12:50 PM

J rich tried in the dunk contest. He was a step over the line and could not get there.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 12:52 PM
amazing. well done. truly an exceptional scientific fool proof explanation.

And your rebuttal was nothing short of enlightenment! You have cried for 5 pages now with nada. Your just upset because you are who you are.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 12:56 PM
The knock on Zion and Wiggins is they are lazy though right? So how is better athleticism going to help with that? Would Andrew Wiggins suddenly be an amazing player if he were 70lb pounds heavier and had better athleticism and vertical? No, he'd still be a lazy underachiever.

I have no idea if Zion turns out like Wiggins, he may try far harder and succeed far more than Wiggins ever did, but I just don't see how increased physical traits really help you much if you aren't getting it mentally.

Andrew isnít Zion, not at all. Andrew could barely dribble as a rookie. He doesnít have elite quickness. Zion has both and 80 pounds heavier. A lot of people can jump high. Donít confuse that with being a mutant like Bron and Zion.

WaDe03
08-24-2018, 01:30 PM
J rich tried in the dunk contest. He was a step over the line and could not get there.

Yea but as a great man stated, he was a 2 foot dunker so he should be excluded. Still no proof of the others.

TheDish87
08-24-2018, 01:37 PM
And your rebuttal was nothing short of enlightenment! You have cried for 5 pages now with nada. Your just upset because you are who you are.

i have no cried about anything. i asked you to explain your logic and you sounded even worse in your attempt to explain. But based on your logic you would agree that Brent Barry was the fastest player in the league and a better athlete then JRich right?

FlashBolt
08-24-2018, 03:07 PM

There is no comparison. Zion is not like Wiggins, period. Zion is a freaking tank who if he puts in some effort, will do very well. Some people are just gifted with generational physique and he is one of them.

valade16
08-24-2018, 04:01 PM
There is no comparison. Zion is not like Wiggins, period. Zion is a freaking tank who if he puts in some effort, will do very well. Some people are just gifted with generational physique and he is one of them.

If his problem is he doesn't try then it sounds like there is a comparison. If he doesn't put in effort what will he be? A more tank with a generational physique that doesn't try? Sounds like a slightly better Wiggins to me.

Again, I have no idea if he puts in the effort, but how great do you think he'll be if he doesn't put in effort?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2018, 04:06 PM
If Zion has motivational issues, looking at that boy, he will struggle with weight. That being said, I haven't watched him a ton, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But time and time again, "motivation" is a killer.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2018, 04:07 PM
what a sweet name though.....Zion

valade16
08-24-2018, 04:58 PM
If Zion has motivational issues, looking at that boy, he will struggle with weight. That being said, I haven't watched him a ton, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But time and time again, "motivation" is a killer.

Neither have I, I didn't even know he had motivation issues until it was brought up here. I'm saying if he does, he likely won't be as good as people think and certainly won't be the face of the NBA.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Yea but as a great man stated, he was a 2 foot dunker so he should be excluded. Still no proof of the others.

Vince was a two foot dunker as well. And he could dunk from the free throw line with two hands so no.

Jay Rich wasnít fast enough period. Donít tell me it doesnít matter. Dude had a 45 inch very and couldnít get it from the free throw line. My point is made.

FlashBolt
08-24-2018, 07:24 PM
If his problem is he doesn't try then it sounds like there is a comparison. If he doesn't put in effort what will he be? A more tank with a generational physique that doesn't try? Sounds like a slightly better Wiggins to me.

Again, I have no idea if he puts in the effort, but how great do you think he'll be if he doesn't put in effort?

How am I supposed to know? He's been dominating high school and seems to be able to replicate that in college as well. Every player who doesn't try likely doesn't achieve greatness so that's not even something I would speculate here. All I know is he's got a huge advantage just because of his size and physique. Whether or not he takes the game serious is something we all have to find out when he plays.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 07:25 PM
i have no cried about anything. i asked you to explain your logic and you sounded even worse in your attempt to explain. But based on your logic you would agree that Brent Barry was the fastest player in the league and a better athlete then JRich right?

Both he and Serge Ibaka were long enough, tall enough, and fast enough to get there.

But young fool let me explain something to your hard head. None of them were close to 285lbs.

Thatís what your not putting together son and Iím starting to think you didnít finish high school.

To get 285 lbs from the free throw line is the problem.

Neither Dwight or Shaq could jump from the free throw line. Dwight was not as heavy as Zion and was 4 inches taller.

Shaq was 15 lbs heavier but 7 inches taller as an NBA rookie and could not dunk from the free throw line.

Both were unbelievable athletes

A few players can dunk from the free throw line.

Nobody weighing 285 is coming close

This kid is 18, 285, and dunking from free throw line

Donít bring up Brent Barry who ways 90 pounds.
You just look desperate to make a valid point and you have yet to make one.

Now to break it down for your feral brain...

The heavier you are and the shorter you are, the faster you have to be moving to get to the free throw line.

If this still makes no sense to you, Iíd advise you to go back to 6th grade where you can first learn about inertia.

Then come back with your head held high with a better understanding

JAZZNC
08-24-2018, 07:27 PM

Exactly. They are kids and haven't played any real competition. Who's he gonna guard? Is he a tweener? Can he defend well enough to be an impactful NBA player? Tons of question marks still. He does look exciting but so have a lot of players.

All highlight films of Mac McClung make him look like Curry with Jordan athleticism. Against real comp he's probably more like a poor man's Ty Lawson. But we'll get a year of play against their peers to watch and they'll get drafted high and we will see from there.

IKnowHoops
08-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Exactly. They are kids and haven't played any real competition. Who's he gonna guard? Is he a tweener? Can he defend well enough to be an impactful NBA player? Tons of question marks still. He does look exciting but so have a lot of players.

All highlight films of Mac McClung make him look like Curry with Jordan athleticism. Against real comp he's probably more like a poor man's Ty Lawson. But we'll get a year of play against their peers to watch and they'll get drafted high and we will see from there.

Honestly man. I think itís a huge visual fail if you look at Wiggins and Zion and think they are on the same level as physical specimens.

Zion is the only person who is physically the same type of athlete as Lebron. Itís crazy to say but this kid is that kind of a beast. And what blows my mind is he looks like this at 18. By 25 heís going to be 6í7, 305lbs and two hand dunking from the free throw line. His ceiling physically I scary.

JAZZNC
08-24-2018, 09:17 PM
Honestly man. I think itís a huge visual fail if you look at Wiggins and Zion and think they are on the same level as physical specimens.

Zion is the only person who is physically the same type of athlete as Lebron. Itís crazy to say but this kid is that kind of a beast. And what blows my mind is he looks like this at 18. By 25 heís going to be 6í7, 305lbs and two hand dunking from the free throw line. His ceiling physically I scary.

Obviously he is more physically gifted than Wiggins. No ****. But if he's no more motivated than Wiggins there is gonna be issues. By 25 you have no idea if he's gonna be 2 hand dunking from the free throw line or be on a bench somewhere. He has tremendous physical assets but if he doesn't have any more than that he won't be an all time great, he'll just be a guy who's occasionally exciting.

Mr.B
08-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Luka Doncic

Scoots
08-24-2018, 09:32 PM
The heavier you are and the shorter you are, the faster you have to be moving to get to the free throw line.

If this still makes no sense to you, Iíd advise you to go back to 6th grade where you can first learn about inertia

You know that mass has nothing to do with the acceleration imparted by gravity right? Higher mass does not make a player come down in less time, so speed is not the key factor. If a 2 players (one 50lbs and one 300lbs) can impart enough vertical thrust on their jump to have their hand at rim height after jumping the distance from the line to the hoop, both could reasonably be running the same speed.

That said, Zion is a total freak.

basch152
08-25-2018, 02:40 AM

Wiggins actually recorded a higher vert than zion.

Wiggins actually has one of the top 10 verts in nba history.

Chronz
08-25-2018, 10:23 AM
His son

IKnowHoops
08-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Obviously he is more physically gifted than Wiggins. No ****. But if he's no more motivated than Wiggins there is gonna be issues. By 25 you have no idea if he's gonna be 2 hand dunking from the free throw line or be on a bench somewhere. He has tremendous physical assets but if he doesn't have any more than that he won't be an all time great, he'll just be a guy who's occasionally exciting.

I have no idea? Lol

Link that says heís not motivated?

IKnowHoops
08-25-2018, 10:41 AM
You know that mass has nothing to do with the acceleration imparted by gravity right? Higher mass does not make a player come down in less time, so speed is not the key factor. If a 2 players (one 50lbs and one 300lbs) can impart enough vertical thrust on their jump to have their hand at rim height after jumping the distance from the line to the hoop, both could reasonably be running the same speed.

That said, Zion is a total freak.

Yes, but the power needed to generate the jump would be 6 times greater. And the force at witch he dunked would also be 6 times greater.

But yes, u are right, but Iím speaking to the physicality he possesses to be 300 yet move like heís 50 pounds

IKnowHoops
08-25-2018, 10:44 AM

Yeah Wiggins jumps higher than Bron too. And way higher than Westbrook. Yet heís doesnít show the explosiveness of either. Itís not just the hops.

FlashBolt
08-25-2018, 05:10 PM

I was actually referring to the combination of both vertical and athleticism. Wiggins has the vertical but his athleticism on an NBA level isn't significantly better than the rest. Zion's combination of both simply makes for a scary sight to behold. And for someone his size (currently weighs in at 285 - would be the 2nd heaviest NBA player if he was playing in the NBA last season), it's freakish.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 03:58 PM
I believe there is no question that Giannis Antetokounmpo is the favorite to take over from Lebron... He is the only player in the entire NBA that can play all positions from PG up to Center and has shown a continuous development adding moves to his game for every new season...

After all, we all know that he would get president Obama's vote too... :D

ciaban
08-30-2018, 04:58 PM
The guys who stick out as the face of the league are usually guys who do things others CAN'T not just great players or winners.
Guys that were unusual in even a sport full of unusual freaks.
Guys like Wilt, Kareem, Magic(a lot of them are lakers) Jordan, Lebron. Frankly Jordan's the outlier in this group.
The guy who will transend the NBA is probably going to be The Greek Freak.

FlashBolt
08-30-2018, 05:07 PM
The guys who stick out as the face of the league are usually guys who do things others CAN'T not just great players or winners.
Guys that were unusual in even a sport full of unusual freaks.
Guys like Wilt, Kareem, Magic(a lot of them are lakers) Jordan, Lebron. Frankly Jordan's the outlier in this group.
The guy who will transend the NBA is probably going to be The Greek Freak.

I mean, aren't these obvious statements? Face of the league = extraordinary and once-in-a-generation player both on/off. Magic was the face of the league because he charismatic and a winner. Jordan was a winner and his all-business approach was something everyone respected. Giannis doesn't have that appeal, honestly. He's not very marketable, yet, and I'm not sure he has the ability to be a global superstar in the way Curry, Bron, Kobe, MJ, etc., have been.

Scoots
08-30-2018, 06:10 PM
I mean, aren't these obvious statements? Face of the league = extraordinary and once-in-a-generation player both on/off. Magic was the face of the league because he charismatic and a winner. Jordan was a winner and his all-business approach was something everyone respected. Giannis doesn't have that appeal, honestly. He's not very marketable, yet, and I'm not sure he has the ability to be a global superstar in the way Curry, Bron, Kobe, MJ, etc., have been.

That's what I think too ... the player/person isn't in the league right now. It may take several years.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 06:28 PM

You are kidding ...right?

Giannis was 7th out of all NBA players on income coming out of endorsements for the 16-17 season, he was 5th for the 17/18 season and he will be 3rd (behind Lebron and KD) this very season...

FlashBolt
08-30-2018, 07:44 PM
You are kidding ...right?

Giannis was 7th out of all NBA players on income coming out of endorsements for the 16-17 season, he was 5th for the 17/18 season and he will be 3rd (behind Lebron and KD) this very season...

I would like more evidence pointing to Giannis behind 3rd in endorsements because it's very false. Curry is ahead of KD in endorsements as it is so for you to say KD and not Curry likely shows you have some weird source. It would be better if you spit out Giannis's endorsement amount in $ than his ranking. In the endorsement world, being a star player can get you $10 million in endorsements easily. It's the superstars who hit the $30-$50 million mark. Not even James Harden has hit that amount and he's far more marketable than Giannis. Seriously, please tell me your source and link it.

Scoots
08-30-2018, 11:13 PM
I would like more evidence pointing to Giannis behind 3rd in endorsements because it's very false. Curry is ahead of KD in endorsements as it is so for you to say KD and not Curry likely shows you have some weird source. It would be better if you spit out Giannis's endorsement amount in $ than his ranking. In the endorsement world, being a star player can get you $10 million in endorsements easily. It's the superstars who hit the $30-$50 million mark. Not even James Harden has hit that amount and he's far more marketable than Giannis. Seriously, please tell me your source and link it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/202939/nba-players-with-the-highest-salaries/

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

That second one has Kyrie making near 25% more in endorsements than Giannis.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 12:06 AM
https://www.statista.com/statistics/202939/nba-players-with-the-highest-salaries/

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

That second one has Kyrie making near 25% more in endorsements than Giannis.

This is income taxed in the USA only and is for 2017 season (which is taxed on 2018).
Giannis has a significant increase this season with his new Nike contract, his new TV endorsement deal and his new games endorsment deals to say at least...
What is unknown though, is that Giannis is the only one out of the top paid in the endorsement lists, that has additional endorsement deals in Europe that are taxed in Greece and are not included in the previous lists... Major ones are with Aegean airlines, Milko and Athens Marathon Co, but there are many more... Here is only an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFbjt_lA6I

tredigs
08-31-2018, 12:41 AM
This is income taxed in the USA only and is for 2017 season (which is taxed on 2018).
Giannis has a significant increase this season with his new Nike contract, his new TV endorsement deal and his new games endorsment deals to say at least...
What is unknown though, is that Giannis is the only one out of the top paid in the endorsement lists, that has additional endorsement deals in Europe that are taxed in Greece and are not included in the previous lists... Major ones are with Aegean airlines, Milko and Athens Marathon Co, but there are many more... Here is only an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFbjt_lA6I

Makes zero sense. Federer and Ronaldo top the list. That's certainly not based on "US taxed endorsements".

buckalis
08-31-2018, 01:04 AM
Makes zero sense. Federer and Ronaldo top the list. That's certainly not based on "US taxed endorsements".

On both Federer and Ronaldo the endorsement list is right because the taxation is declared on the country that they are taxed for their contracts... Giannis with his brothers has a company in Greece that handles oversea endorsments.

EDIT: Anyway, the question here is if Giannis is marketable or not... and I'm saying that his new endorment contracts that anybody can easily see on web will have him even higher in endorsements & that Giannis has additional contracts overseas... Therefore there can be no deny that Giannis is marketable more than enough...

I think president Obama's meeting with Giannis and his comments on his talent has helped Giannis image to grow world wide, which serves NBA's interests as well as to attract much more interest on NBA from overseas.

FlashBolt
08-31-2018, 02:33 AM
On both Federer and Ronaldo the endorsement list is right because the taxation is declared on the country that they are taxed for their contracts... Giannis with his brothers has a company in Greece that handles oversea endorsments.

EDIT: Anyway, the question here is if Giannis is marketable or not... and I'm saying that his new endorment contracts that anybody can easily see on web will have him even higher in endorsements & that Giannis has additional contracts overseas... Therefore there can be no deny that Giannis is marketable more than enough...

I think president Obama's meeting with Giannis and his comments on his talent has helped Giannis image to grow world wide, which serves NBA's interests as well as to attract much more interest on NBA from overseas.

Unless you have a source stating his endorsement and totaling it as the #3rd highest earner in endorsements, as you have stated as near factual, you have no evidence and are simply typing for the enjoyment of writing. I never said Giannis wasn't marketable but he isn't very marketable with the likes of which a global face of the "NBA" is. There's really no comparison here.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 03:17 AM
Unless you have a source stating his endorsement and totaling it as the #3rd highest earner in endorsements, as you have stated as near factual, you have no evidence and are simply typing for the enjoyment of writing. I never said Giannis wasn't marketable but he isn't very marketable with the likes of which a global face of the "NBA" is. There's really no comparison here.

Look at it up on web... Only for example, Giannis previous deal with Nike was for only... 25K (!!!!) while the new deal is a multimillion one similar or more to the one that KD has... and this is only one deal that adds many millions to Giannis' earnings via endorsements.

I'm not going to provide you with evidence on all the new deals Giannis has proceeded... you can look it up on web and make the additions yourself, or wait for the 2019 forbes list that will include the (US taxed only) additions...

Or you can ignore what is on web and insist that Giannis still has 13.5M of income out of (US only) endorsements as it was 2 seasons ago... What do I care?

FlashBolt
08-31-2018, 03:35 AM
Look at it up on web... Only for example, Giannis previous deal with Nike was for only... 25K (!!!!) while the new deal is a multimillion one similar or more to the one that KD has... and this is only one deal that adds many millions to Giannis' earnings via endorsements.

I'm not going to provide you with evidence on all the new deals Giannis has proceeded... you can look it up on web and make the additions yourself, or wait for the 2019 forbes list that will include the (US taxed only) additions...

Or you can ignore what is on web and insist that Giannis still has 13.5M of income out of (US only) endorsements as it was 2 seasons ago... What do I care?

I don't think you understand what you are talking about. You said Giannis will be 3rd in endorsements this season. Can you prove it or not? You're telling me to look it up when you're the one who is making these statements and I asked for evidence. It sounds to me that you aren't sure yourself and want me to go on a hunt for what may or may not be on the web. Just so you know, KD made over $40 million in endorsements last season. I am curious as to how you came into the assumption that Giannis's endorsements will be #3 when you have provided zero sources and somehow make numbers up as you go. You talk about him having a Greek company and how it's taxed differently.. How convenient. So do you have the numbers to back anything up or are you just spitting out what you perceive as truth? Because remember, I wasn't the one who quoted you; you quoted me saying otherwise. So back it up, please.

FlashBolt
08-31-2018, 03:51 AM

See, this gets tricky because who's to say LeBron and other athletes don't get these endorsements as well? And you're looking at endorsements as the end-all/be-all. It isn't. Many athletes are increasingly taking ownership stake over salary because they understand that it can be very lucrative. LeBron, as an example, didn't take $4 million from McDonald's per year because he wanted to invest in Blaze. He also chose not to take endorsement money from Beats but took ownership stake (to which he made a hefty profit when they sold to Apple). Curry likely has given up a lot of money by choosing the ownership stake role. As another example, Kobe Bryant began an ownership stake with Body Armor way back in 2014.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2014/03/24/kobe-bryant-invests-millions-in-sports-drink-bodyarmor/#42c507e412f6

His stake is worth, according to estimates, over $200 million.

So don't forget, if you want to be technical about this, start handing out your receipts because I am willing to bet you that no, Giannis is not #3 in endorsements and you're overrating him. This is coming from someone who would take Giannis as the best young player in the NBA.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 05:17 AM
See, this gets tricky because who's to say LeBron and other athletes don't get these endorsements as well? And you're looking at endorsements as the end-all/be-all. It isn't. Many athletes are increasingly taking ownership stake over salary because they understand that it can be very lucrative. LeBron, as an example, didn't take $4 million from McDonald's per year because he wanted to invest in Blaze. He also chose not to take endorsement money from Beats but took ownership stake (to which he made a hefty profit when they sold to Apple). Curry likely has given up a lot of money by choosing the ownership stake role. As another example, Kobe Bryant began an ownership stake with Body Armor way back in 2014.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2014/03/24/kobe-bryant-invests-millions-in-sports-drink-bodyarmor/#42c507e412f6

His stake is worth, according to estimates, over $200 million.

So don't forget, if you want to be technical about this, start handing out your receipts because I am willing to bet you that no, Giannis is not #3 in endorsements and you're overrating him. This is coming from someone who would take Giannis as the best young player in the NBA.

I would suggest you should quote on my latest reply, since it otherwise makes it look like all the above haven't been replied by me before... I'm not gonna go in circles with you.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 08:37 AM
Giannis is not the next face of the league, not even by a long shot. No one can even pronounce his last name and hes not known by the non fans. its really hard for an international player to be the face of the NBA if not impossible.

Scoots
08-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Endorsements don't matter really, it's a players Q rating that makes the difference, unfortunately I'm not going to pay to get those numbers.

The "face of the league" has to be known by everybody, not just NBA fans. Magic, Michael, and LeBron are known worldwide even without a ball in their hands.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 09:39 AM
same with guys like Shaq, Kobe, AI they were known by the world rather you liked bball or not. its much easier today for a non fan to at least know who someone is but someone like Giannis will never be there.

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 10:05 AM
same with guys like Shaq, Kobe, AI they were known by the world rather you liked bball or not. its much easier today for a non fan to at least know who someone is but someone like Giannis will never be there.

Way too early to say that, heís only 22. If he ends up being the best player in the league everyone in the world will know him regardless.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 10:54 AM
hes 22 but hes been in the league for 4 years now going on 5 and plays in Milwaukee. i feel pretty confident that he never becomes the best player in the league. He'll over in that 5-10 range.

Scoots
08-31-2018, 11:20 AM
Way too early to say that, heís only 22. If he ends up being the best player in the league everyone in the world will know him regardless.

Kawhi was top 3 and still a total unknown outside of NBA fans.

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 11:47 AM
Kawhi was top 3 and still a total unknown outside of NBA fans.

He wasnít better than LeBron KD or Curry. Kawhi doesnít put himself out there at all either, Giannis is on social media and all that.

WaDe03
08-31-2018, 11:49 AM
hes 22 but hes been in the league for 4 years now going on 5 and plays in Milwaukee. i feel pretty confident that he never becomes the best player in the league. He'll over in that 5-10 range.

The amount of time in the league is irrelevant since heís continuing to improve every year. He builds his brand more and more every year.

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 12:31 PM
what Brand?

Scoots
08-31-2018, 07:05 PM
He wasnít better than LeBron KD or Curry. Kawhi doesnít put himself out there at all either, Giannis is on social media and all that.

True, but the implication was that being a great player will make you known AND liked. That's not the way it necessarily works though.

WhiteShadow42
08-31-2018, 09:26 PM
By the time Bron retires players like Curry and Durant will be at the end or past their primes. If he retired this year then Curry or Durant.

I am rooting for Giannis but being in Milwaukee and a foreign player, I don't know if the US NBA fans would embrace him as the face of the NBA.

It kind of has to be a flashy player who is really into social network and really young at this point. The only person I can think of is Simmons. I believe he will develop a shot and be very scary. With his personality and flashy passing (See Magic) and the way he likes the attention, I see him being the face of the NBA. Five years is a while down the road and maybe someone could come along that is still in the 9th grade or something right now and dominate the NBA.

tredigs
08-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Imagine if NYK got him with the next pick and he signed with Nike (who he turned down but his deal if in NY would have been bloated). He's near Jordan level if he reaches the same heights (arguably higher on a personal level if he had full reign through his prime).

buckalis
08-31-2018, 11:14 PM
By the time Bron retires players like Curry and Durant will be at the end or past their primes. If he retired this year then Curry or Durant.

I am rooting for Giannis but being in Milwaukee and a foreign player, I don't know if the US NBA fans would embrace him as the face of the NBA.

It kind of has to be a flashy player who is really into social network and really young at this point. The only person I can think of is Simmons. I believe he will develop a shot and be very scary. With his personality and flashy passing (See Magic) and the way he likes the attention, I see him being the face of the NBA. Five years is a while down the road and maybe someone could come along that is still in the 9th grade or something right now and dominate the NBA.

Simmons isn't American either.

WhiteShadow42
09-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Simmons isn't American either.

Australian. Close enough. Most casual fans donít even know he is an aussie

tredigs
09-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Australian. Close enough. Most casual fans donít even know he is an aussie

Has almost no accent is why.

FlashBolt
09-01-2018, 04:00 PM
I would suggest you should quote on my latest reply, since it otherwise makes it look like all the above haven't been replied by me before... I'm not gonna go in circles with you.

I'm guessing the information I asked you to provide does not exist.

WhiteShadow42
09-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Has almost no accent is why.

Yep. Maybe in a couple of years most people wonít recognize it.

WhiteShadow42
09-01-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm guessing the information I asked you to provide does not exist.

Now you know how we fealt in the Lakers forum.

TheDish87
09-04-2018, 08:54 AM

Simmons doesnt have that type of personality, hell he has t shown any thus far really. Embiid is the guy.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Now you know how we fealt in the Lakers forum.

Like idiots? ...saying that Deng will be traded for a pick next season?

WaDe03
09-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Simmons doesnt have that type of personality, hell he has t shown any thus far really. Embiid is the guy.

Good morning! It definitely wonít be Embiid, he may be done by then as well.

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Like idiots? ...saying that Deng will be traded for a pick next season?

Better then trading Deng + Ball to the Bucks for Bledsoe :laugh2:

buckalis
09-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Better then trading Deng + Ball to the Bucks for Bledsoe :laugh2:

Sure its better (for the Bucks) not to load with Deng at all... Now we can trade Bledsoe to the Lakers for Ball + some more...

buckalis
09-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Good morning! It definitely wonít be Embiid, he may be done by then as well.

Both Simmons and Embiid, have a loooooooooooooooong way before they can become "Giannis"...

Giannis is the one and only NBA player that a coach can use him as effectively as anybody else on all positions... From PG all the way up to Center.

Scoots
09-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Both Simmons and Embiid, have a loooooooooooooooong way before they can become "Giannis"...

Giannis is the one and only NBA player that a coach can use him as effectively as anybody else on all positions... From PG all the way up to Center.

Embiid's media presence is far above Giannis' at present.

TheDish87
09-04-2018, 01:34 PM

lol id love to watch him defend Embiid in the paint. he cant player center i hate that notion, hes not physicality strong enough and hes too poor of a decision maker to really handle serious PG duties. hes just good at creating for himself bcuz hes a freak athlete.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 02:04 PM
lol id love to watch him defend Embiid in the paint.

No problem for this... but playing Giannis at Center would be a waste for the team's performance (unless if one has 5 (five) of Giannis in the roster of course...

he cant player center i hate that notion, hes not physicality strong enough and hes too poor of a decision maker to really handle serious PG duties. hes just good at creating for himself bcuz hes a freak athlete.

Giannis "not physically strong enough" and "too poor a decision maker"... Now that's real LOOOOOOL...

EDIT: Ask DeAndre Jordan and Lebron (the ultimate playmaking machine) on the first and second respectively... Giannis collected 10 rebs, had 2 blocks and passed 6 assists per game playing forward last season... 12 rebs and 7 assists during the playoffs...

TheDish87
09-04-2018, 02:16 PM
was i supposed to be impressed with that? you weirdly agreed and disagreed with in the same post and even quoted the same thing lol. like isa id Giannis cant defend Centers bcuz he aint strong enough, Embiid woulds end him to the 5th row.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 02:43 PM
was i supposed to be impressed with that? you weirdly agreed and disagreed with in the same post and even quoted the same thing lol. like isa id Giannis cant defend Centers bcuz he aint strong enough, Embiid woulds end him to the 5th row.

Noooo... you shouldn't be impressed... it's not a surprise to anyone, it's what is widely known (to other than some big mouth 76ers fans) for the one that is undeniably recognized as "the best player in the East" after Lebron left for the West...

True Sports Fan
09-04-2018, 02:49 PM
My best bet would be Embiid/Giannis/AD maybe Luka or perhaps someone not in the league yet.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 03:05 PM
My best bet would be Embiid/Giannis/AD maybe Luka or perhaps someone not in the league yet.

IMO, AD/KD are the only competitors Giannis might have, but since Giannis is still 23 he will last longer which makes him a favorite... I can't see a PG making it to be considered "the best out of all", simply because the position doesn't favor many "showman actions" that the marketing would require as to back up the "next king"... Same with one playing "Center"...

TheDish87
09-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Noooo... you shouldn't be impressed... it's not a surprise to anyone, it's what is widely known (to other than some big mouth 76ers fans) for the one that is undeniably recognized as "the best player in the East" after Lebron left for the West...

Correct until KL proves hes healthy and serious about playing for the Raps then yea Embiid is the best and most impactful player int he East.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Correct until KL proves hes healthy and serious about playing for the Raps then yea Embiid is the best and most impactful player int he East.

Sooo.... you don't even know who is undeniably recognized as "the best player in the East" by all press... I suggest you ask one that isn't a "big mouth 76ers fan"... He'll tell you other than Embiid...

TheDish87
09-04-2018, 04:05 PM
lol the answer like i said is KL but until he eases all of our concerns its the big fella whose a (social) media darling with an amazing story and dominant 2 way playing ability. Literally a man of the people. you couldnt even spell Giannis' last name if I asked you on the street.

WaDe03
09-04-2018, 05:34 PM
lol the answer like i said is KL but until he eases all of our concerns its the big fella whose a (social) media darling with an amazing story and dominant 2 way playing ability. Literally a man of the people. you couldnt even spell Giannis' last name if I asked you on the street.

Hey thanks for posting today! Embiid isnít better than Giannis.

1. KL
2. Giannis
3. Kyrie/Embiid

Where do you rank Embiid in the league?

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 05:34 PM

Yea he could, underwear size, hand width, his favorite drink, likes to cuddle, knows his favorite movie, boxers or briefs.

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Hey thanks for posting today! Embiid isnít better than Giannis.

1. KL
2. Giannis
3. Kyrie/Embiid

Where do you rank Embiid in the league?

i rank him ahead of Irving and Giannis

basketfan4life
09-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Disagree with Kobe being more popular than LeBron. Kobe was always known as a basketball player but what LeBron does is being transformed into a global celebrity. He's in Hollywood, every sports discussion, politics, philanthrophy, and business. It's tough to say but Kobe's peak just didn't align with social media and I think that doesn't play in his favor.

I live in Turkey, there was a basketball website at the time with over 50.000 members all Kobe fans, we were getting together to watch Kobe and the lakers play live in different cities of the country. There were up to 250 people (NBA games here starts between 2 am and 6.30 am). Kobe visited Istanbul once and you couldn't walk in taksim square(which is very big) because there were thousands to see Kobe. Kobe has this. You can't believe how big of a figure Kobe was. And casual fans here still believe LBJ has never been as good as Kobe(I don't agree by the way, i think he is top 2 all time).

I can not talk about USA or other countries but Lebron has never been half as popular as Kobe in Turkey.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 09:25 AM
i rank him ahead of Irving and Giannis

Youíre wrong ranking him above Giannis but what about the entire league?

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 10:09 AM
wherever you rank Giannis just move Embiid at least 1 spot higher.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 10:20 AM
wherever you rank Giannis just move Embiid at least 1 spot higher.

Embarrassed about where you rank him or just donít want to admit other players are better?

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 10:51 AM
lol wut? i didnt say hes the best in the league, i said hes temporarily the best in the East but obviously could hold onto it.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 10:54 AM
lol wut? i didnt say hes the best in the league, i said hes temporarily the best in the East but obviously could hold onto it.

Heís not close to Kawhi though so how is that the case? Kawhi is top 5. Giannis is better and Kyrie is a toss up. If Embiid was really that good he wouldnít have let he Sixers almost get swept by Boston without their 2 best players.

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 11:42 AM
how many times are you gonna make me repeat i never said hes better then KL? seriously dude you cant like trolling this much can you? I said as soon as KL shows hes actually healthy and stops with all these distractions he will be that guy. At the moment no one knows how healthy he is or where his head is at.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 11:47 AM
how many times are you gonna make me repeat i never said hes better then KL? seriously dude you cant like trolling this much can you? I said as soon as KL shows hes actually healthy and stops with all these distractions he will be that guy. At the moment no one knows how healthy he is or where his head is at.

I hate you feel that Iím trolling but thatís not the case here brother. KL doesnít have to show anything, we know who he is. Heís better than Embiid and thatís that. Itís no, ďwell Kawhi was hurt so right now Embiid is the best.Ē

Thatís like like missing time with back problems again and me saying ďKD is the best player in the West until LeBron shows his back can hold up.Ē No, everyone knows LeBron is better.

Embiid isnít temporarily the best in the east so no he obviously canít hold on to it.

God bless this mans soul as he is in need!

Scoots
09-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I hate you feel that Iím trolling but thatís not the case here brother. KL doesnít have to show anything, we know who he is. Heís better than Embiid and thatís that. Itís no, ďwell Kawhi was hurt so right now Embiid is the best.Ē

Thatís like like missing time with back problems again and me saying ďKD is the best player in the West until LeBron shows his back can hold up.Ē No, everyone knows LeBron is better.

Embiid isnít temporarily the best in the east so no he obviously canít hold on to it.

God bless this mans soul as he is in need!

While I respect your opinion brother, I can also see TheDish's perspective. Right now the recent history suggests Kawhi may be a broken man. So we can all base rankings on health assumptions and depending on those assumptions come to different and completely reasonable conclusions. If Kawhi is hurt he's not at the top, and if Embiid isn't healthy he's not at the top, if all are healthy Kawhi is at the top. Recent history has Kawhi hurt and Embiid healthy.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I think we can agree that both assumptions are possible and reasonable and cease this divisive squabbling.

valade16
09-05-2018, 12:23 PM
It is fairly ironic that people are arguing for Embiid by saying the other player's health cannot be guaranteed.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 12:23 PM
While I respect your opinion brother, I can also see TheDish's perspective. Right now the recent history suggests Kawhi may be a broken man. So we can all base rankings on health assumptions and depending on those assumptions come to different and completely reasonable conclusions. If Kawhi is hurt he's not at the top, and if Embiid isn't healthy he's not at the top, if all are healthy Kawhi is at the top. Recent history has Kawhi hurt and Embiid healthy.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I think we can agree that both assumptions are possible and reasonable and cease this divisive squabbling.

Wow scoots thank you for this post but it still doesnít factor in that if we go by this logic, Giannis would be best. Good bless you scoots I hope youíre having the best day of your life today!

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 12:27 PM
It is fairly ironic that people are arguing for Embiid by saying the other player's health cannot be guaranteed.

Great post and spot on by one of PSDs finest!!!

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 12:29 PM

Embiids major injury concerns weren't an issue last year and hes playing more ball then ever proving his health. Cant help a player smashing into his face, just part of playing the game. Also a lot different then sitting out after being cleared and keeping everyone int he dark about an injury.

valade16
09-05-2018, 12:41 PM
If Kawhi's problem was he was cleared and kept everyone in the dark... doesn't that mean his injury is not a concern?

buckalis
09-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Wow scoots thank you for this post but it still doesnít factor in that if we go by this logic, Giannis would be best.

Of course he would... there is no alternative that fills the bill!

buckalis
09-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Heís not close to Kawhi though so how is that the case? Kawhi is top 5. Giannis is better and Kyrie is a toss up. If Embiid was really that good he wouldnít have let he Sixers almost get swept by Boston without their 2 best players.

Tell me something... There is of course no argument that Kwahi is a great (top-5) player, but what is that makes you suggest that he is above Giannis?

Let me put it different... if both were available in the market today... who would get better value and who would get more interest lined in a cue out of teams as to land?

At least we have an estimate on Kwahi on the later... Isn't therefore better for one to concentrate on the reasons why Giannis would probably achieve double (real) value and would have (at least) triple the demand from Front offices around the league?

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 01:29 PM
If Kawhi's problem was he was cleared and kept everyone in the dark... doesn't that mean his injury is not a concern?

we dont know.

this got way off topic anyway

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Tell me something... There is of course no argument that Kwahi is a great (top-5) player, but what is that makes you suggest that he is above Giannis?

Let me put it different... if both were available in the market today... who would get better value and who would get more interest lined in a cue out of teams as to land?

At least we have an estimate on Kwahi on the later... Isn't therefore better for one to concentrate on the reasons why Giannis would probably achieve double (real) value and would have (at least) triple the demand from Front offices around the league?

lol this isnt how it works. one if the FMVP in his prime recognized as the best defender in the game. the other is some dude who hasnt been out of the first round in the east whose overrated.

buckalis
09-05-2018, 01:46 PM
lol this isnt how it works. one if the FMVP in his prime recognized as the best defender in the game. the other is some dude who hasnt been out of the first round in the east whose overrated.

LOL as much as you want... I was expecting a quoting from the (sensible) one I quoted on... your "opinion", you being "absolutely ignorant about basketball" means nothing to me or anybody that has some (even) basic basketball knowledge... or, it matters just as much trolls that dominate forums by only talking nonesense do...

I would therefore require from you, not to "jump" with your trolling (being uninvited) on Questions addressed to specific persons... Thanks in advance for understanding the basics behind public communications Mr.... Troll!

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Kawhi is one of the best defenders ever, Giannis isnít, and hes far better shooter and has shown he can lead a team. Giannis is still young. On the open market it would be a toss up but thatís only because of age, as of right now Kawhi is the better player.

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 02:08 PM
LOL as much as you want... I was expecting a quoting from the (sensible) one I quoted on... your "opinion", you being "absolutely ignorant about basketball" means nothing to me or anybody that has some (even) basic basketball knowledge... or, it matters just as much trolls that dominate forums by only talking nonesense do...

I would therefore require from you, not to "jump" with your trolling (being uninvited) on Questions addressed to specific persons... Thanks in advance for understanding the basics behind public communications Mr.... Troll!

what the **** did i just read? my head hurts

buckalis
09-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Kawhi is one of the best defenders ever, Giannis isnít,

that's bold with Giannis having more than 2 blocks a game (some on Kwahi, KD and Bron himself) and collecting... double the rebs that Kwahi does and also.... having the same or more steals per game...

and hes far better shooter and has shown he can lead a team.

Even more bold when talking about "leading a team" when Spurs did it to 5th seed last season, while the Bucks would be fighting with ...Atlanta without Giannis!

Giannis is still young.

Partly the reason there is nothing to compare here... Imagine Giannis at Kwahi's (peak) age where he is now!

On the open market it would be a toss up but thatís only because of age, as of right now Kawhi is the better player.

You don't have a (real) argument and continue "bold"... right? I tell you what... If Giannis was offered to the Raptors this season, they would "eat" Henson & Delly on top of Giannis and more than DeRozan, give back Ibaka, Anunoby (who they refused to the Spurs) and Val as to land Giannis back! ...it's as simple as that!

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 02:47 PM
that's bold with Giannis having more than 2 blocks a game (some on Kwahi, KD and Bron himself) and collecting... double the rebs that Kwahi does and also.... having the same or more steals per game...

Even more bold when talking about "leading a team" when Spurs did it to 5th seed last season, while the Bucks would be fighting with ...Atlanta without Giannis!

Partly the reason there is nothing to compare here... Imagine Giannis at Kwahi's (peak) age where he is now!

You don't have a (real) argument and continue "bold"... right? I tell you what... If Giannis was offered to the Raptors this season, they would "eat" Henson & Delly on top of Giannis and more than DeRozan, give back Ibaka, Anunoby (who they refused to the Spurs) and Val as to land Giannis back! ...it's as simple as that!

To each response:

1. Thereís a lot more to it than that, was Giannis all nba defense or in the DPOY discussion? Meanwhile Kawhi is known league wide as the best defender.

2. Kawhi has a finals MVP, Giannis hasnít been past the 2nd round for sure, maybe not even the 1st? Also lost to the Celtics without their 2 best players.

3. Youíre saying heís better now though and heís not. In the future he might be better than Kawhi currently is hit thereís no way to tell. He still has to put the work in. To start, he has to get a jumper.

4. You have no real argument, Iíve given you facts and youíve given your personal opinion. Kawhi shot his value down by demanding a trade and also only had 1 year on his contract AND said regardless heís going to LA which shot his value even more. Just another thing you donít seem to understand about the situation.

God bless you my friend, hang in there and youíll get through this.

TheDish87
09-05-2018, 03:00 PM
none of this has anything to do with being the face of the league. Giannis isnt going to be that guy, hes a great player in a small market with little to no meaningful endorsement exposure or media presence. he seems to like things on the quiet way similar to how we thought Leonard did.

buckalis
09-05-2018, 03:14 PM
To each response:

1. Thereís a lot more to it than that, was Giannis all nba defense or in the DPOY discussion? Meanwhile Kawhi is known league wide as the best defender.

"A lot more into it" is a discussion with respect to facts that Stats say? who is unreasonable here?

2. Kawhi has a finals MVP, Giannis hasnít been past the 2nd round for sure, maybe not even the 1st? Also lost to the Celtics without their 2 best players. Giannis ain't American and is only 22 (just turned 23)... "Giannis lost to the Celtics?"
I guess you don't count on the Bucks having much more problems than the Celtics playing with:
1. Telletovich out with career ending injury...
2. Without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...
3. With Jabari being back on both "restricted minutes" and "under performing" after a 13 months career threatening injury...
4. With Brogdon just being back (forced to catch the playoffs) after a very serious injury that caused him also on "restricted minutes" and "under performing"....

Yet, the backs lost to the Celtics only because the had a court disadvantage last season and would have taken the CAVs out too later on with Jabari & Brogdon being recovered.... That much about Giannis! ...and this all [B]is facts!

3. Youíre saying heís better now though and heís not. In the future he might be better than Kawhi currently is hit thereís no way to tell. He still has to put the work in. To start, he has to get a jumper.

No... I'm not saying "he is better"... I'm saying he is a whole world better! Stats say so and he is the most "workaholic" player in the NBA... look it up!

4. You have no real argument, Iíve given you facts and youíve given your personal opinion. Kawhi shot his value down by demanding a trade and also only had 1 year on his contract AND said regardless heís going to LA which shot his value even more. Just another thing you donít seem to understand about the situation.

No... I do have a real argument... I have Woj and the whole press and Magic, Popovic, KD and another (at least) 100 that their opinion matters saying "he is the next King".... Magic was even finned by the team he runs for saying so in public! It's you that are posting "bold" here!

God bless you my friend, hang in there and youíll get through this.

God bless you my friend, I really enjoy people trying to develop a logical argument against me... yet always failing!

Scoots
09-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Wow scoots thank you for this post but it still doesnít factor in that if we go by this logic, Giannis would be best. Good bless you scoots I hope youíre having the best day of your life today!

I see your perspective and I respect it while I disagree. Embiid's Q rating is higher than Giannis' at the moment. Since we are talking about rankings in "Face of the NBA" ... in that ranking, Embiid is in the media far more than Giannis is. While their rankings as players is much closer, it's easy to make an argument that Embiid may well be more impactful than Giannis already.

buckalis
09-05-2018, 04:59 PM
I see your perspective and I respect it while I disagree. Embiid's Q rating is higher than Giannis' at the moment.

What? Can you provide a link on this? ...so that people would laugh with?

Since we are talking about rankings in "Face of the NBA" ... in that ranking, Embiid is in the media far more than Giannis is. Ohhhh "the media presence is the proof"... I guess rookie Bamba and Ball beats them both! (good reasoning, keep it up!)

While their rankings as players is much closer,

Embiit is close with Giannis on stats? ...well, good luck with posting LIES!

it's easy to make an argument that Embiid may well be more impactful than Giannis already.

Oh yeah... it is for "big mouth 76ers fans" that are trolling! ...only problem is that all the rest would laugh on the (supposed) argument...

I simply mean that Giannis can play all five positions at top level, while (poor) Embiit can play Center and maybe some PF... Giannis can space the floor with the ball in ...six (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) steps, while Embiid would probably require more than... 15(!!!), Giannis passes 6 assists per game, while Embiid... receives that much!

So good luck comparing (in your mind) what can't be compared with all official NBA opinions that matter!

GREATNESS ONE
09-05-2018, 05:02 PM
In what world is 4.8 assist, 6 assist? Oh yea thatís right in looney toon world

buckalis
09-05-2018, 05:09 PM
In what world is 4.8 assist, 6 assist? Oh yea thatís right in looney toon world

You go LMFAO troll... ask your GM why he was finned by your team when he claimed that "Giannis is the greatest talent in NBA" and "will surely land a title in MIL..." ...then you can return to your ">" posts that cost you nothing...

EDIT: 6 assists, is per 100 possessions where it matters... it means that every 100 times the ball is in his hands, 6 assists are passed and 30 pts are scored out of the 94 times with ball remaining... the rest is passing game...

In other words... "for every 100 times Giannis' hand is (just) touching the ball... 50PTS ARE SCORED ON THE BOARD! ...at his 23 yo!

buckalis
09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Did you guys know (or check) that Joel Embiid is ... 4 months older than Giannis?

Scoots
09-05-2018, 06:20 PM
In other words... "for every 100 times Giannis' hand is (just) touching the ball... 50PTS ARE SCORED ON THE BOARD! ...at his 23 yo!

You know that's not what the stat is right? It's not "100 times ... hand is touching the ball".

GREATNESS ONE
09-05-2018, 06:22 PM
:laugh2:

buckalis
09-05-2018, 06:31 PM
You know that's not what the stat is right? It's not "100 times ... hand is touching the ball".

Actually it's much better (for Giannis)... it's "every 100 times the team is possessing the ball while Giannis is on the floor, he passes 6 assists, scores 27pts and collects 12rebs whether he touches the ball or not.."

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 06:36 PM
"A lot more into it" is a discussion with respect to facts that Stats say? who is unreasonable here?

Giannis ain't American and is only 22 (just turned 23)... "Giannis lost to the Celtics?"
I guess you don't count on the Bucks having much more problems than the Celtics playing with:
1. Telletovich out with career ending injury...
2. Without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...
3. With Jabari being back on both "restricted minutes" and "under performing" after a 13 months career threatening injury...
4. With Brogdon just being back (forced to catch the playoffs) after a very serious injury that caused him also on "restricted minutes" and "under performing"....

Yet, the backs lost to the Celtics only because the had a court disadvantage last season and would have taken the CAVs out too later on with Jabari & Brogdon being recovered.... That much about Giannis! ...and this all [B]is facts!

No... I'm not saying "he is better"... I'm saying he is a whole world better! Stats say so and he is the most "workaholic" player in the NBA... look it up!

No... I do have a real argument... I have Woj and the whole press and Magic, Popovic, KD and another (at least) 100 that their opinion matters saying "he is the next King".... Magic was even finned by the team he runs for saying so in public! It's you that are posting "bold" here!

God bless you my friend, I really enjoy people trying to develop a logical argument against me... yet always failing!

You have no argument lol! Giannis was the bes tomayer in the Celtics series by far and couldnít get it done. Idc what problems you had, you had all your guys and the Celtics didnít have their 2 best players.

Kawhi is worldwide known as the better player so a Giannis homer saying Giannis is better doesnít prove anything.

Prayers coming your way my friend, stay true to yourself.

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Did you guys know (or check) that Joel Embiid is ... 4 months older than Giannis?

4 months donít mean **** lol, did you know LeBron had his team in the finals when he was 22 and KL won finals MVP when he was 22? Both younger than Giannis currently is and Giannis hasnít even been further than the 1st round.....