PDA

View Full Version : Where will Kawhi be this time next year?

Scoots
08-15-2018, 10:45 PM
I'm guessing Clippers.

GREATNESS ONE
08-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Warriors

Silent
08-15-2018, 11:32 PM
Warriors

yep

Cal827
08-16-2018, 12:13 AM
Warriors

warfelg
08-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Call me a homer but Philly.

Just putting together some things here:
We never heard his team say that they didn't want to be in Philly with all the trade rumors. It sounds like we have the combination that his uncle is looking for of another stud player, a ball handler, a big market. Too boot we also are close to where Uncle Dennis lives which seems like something he's into (other than LA). On top of that (with him) we would be a title contender, and he would be one of the top 3 players on that team.

I honestly thing that he's going to enjoy playing in the east realizing that there is little resistance and there's going to be far more 'easy' nights compared to in the west. I'm also gonna predict that he has his best offensive year, because he won't have to put in as much energy playing defense.

But I am going to give ya'll a 'dark horse' for Kawhi:
Brooklyn Nets

In NYC. They only have 1 'high salary' guy that will be back (Crabbe with an $18+ mil PO). There's 4 guys with QO's/TO's.

Guaranteed to be back: Crabbe ($18,500,000), Joe Harris ($7,666,667), Deron Williams ($5,474,787), Kurucs ($1,774,500), Musa ($1,914,120), Graham ($1,645,357). That's a total of $36,975,431. Count on a $105,000,000 cap, and that's nearly $71million in cap space.

That means if they really wanted to, they could go for Kawhi and Jimmy Butler without shedding a dime.

They will likely have a top 10 pick again.

Let's play a little 'what if' though with Brooklyn:
They take a future pick, and pay some team to take on the last year of Allen Crabbe, lowering their cap hit by another $18,500,000. Then apply the stretch provision to Joe Harris. And basically give away Williams for a heavily protected 2nd or some prospect that will never come over.

They would have $94,734,911 in cap space.

That would be enough to being in Kyrie, Butler, Kawhi all in one FA class. Right now they are projected to have the #8 pick, which means they could get Bruno Fernando, Jontay Porter, Charles Bassey, Daniel Gafford.

Kyrie - Cheap FA (Danny Green/Garrett Temple?) - Butler - Kawhi - Cheap FA (Dewayne Dedmon/Zaza Pachulia)?
Any one of those high picks on the bench along with the potential ring chasers?

Very real possibility and their GM is smart enough to make that happen.

Heediot
08-16-2018, 08:26 AM
Lakers or Raptors.

Lakers have the lead right now. They have Magic, they have Bron, they have his home-town. Hard to compete against that.

If the Raps go on a deep run and the City and team grows on him a bit, Masai will convince him to take a 1 + 1. In '20 Raps will have a tonne of cap with Lowry, Ibaka, Jonas, Himself and others all expiring. Masai can convince him he can mold a team of his own with all that flexibility.

I'm hoping Toronto grows on him, Masai finds some marketing and sponsorship opportunities for him and he stays.

Vinylman
08-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Scoots Ö trying so hard to stir things ups LOL

He probably pusses out and joins the rest of the Vag's at GS

Vinylman
08-16-2018, 08:33 AM
Lakers or Raptors.

Lakers have the lead right now. They have Magic, they have Bron, they have his home-town. Hard to compete against that.

If the Raps go on a deep run and the City and team grows on him a bit, Masai will convince him to take a 1 + 1. In '20 Raps will have a tonne of cap with Lowry, Ibaka, Jonas, Himself and others all expiring. Masai can convince him he can mold a team of his own with all that flexibility.

I'm hoping Toronto grows on him, Masai finds some marketing and sponsorship opportunities for him and he stays.

mehÖ only chance he stays in Toronto is if they make it to the finals... even then it is probably only 60/40

WaDe03
08-16-2018, 09:49 AM
While I respect everyone opinions in here as we canít all think the same or this world wouldnt be what it is today, but I believe he will be on the Knicks or Clippers.

MygirlhatesCod
08-16-2018, 10:23 AM
I know it will never happen but he would be a great addition to Utah.

realistically he ends up in LA.

Scoots
08-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Scoots Ö trying so hard to stir things ups LOL

He probably pusses out and joins the rest of the Vag's at GS

I keep getting accused of stirring things up, but it's other people doing the stirring.

kdspurman
08-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Going to guess the Clips. Uncle Dennis & Co. probably want Kawhi to be 'the guy' and he'll be that with the LA spotlight. I also wouldn't rule out him staying in Toronto if his group likes the city and they feel it's a big enough market for him.

WaDe03
08-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Great opinion friend! I would love to see him on Utah.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2018, 11:09 AM
nursing his ego in a Clippers uni

Scoots
08-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Going to guess the Clips. Uncle Dennis & Co. probably want Kawhi to be 'the guy' and he'll be that with the LA spotlight. I also wouldn't rule out him staying in Toronto if his group likes the city and they feel it's a big enough market for him.

Toronto's issue to Uncle Dennis is likely that they get fundamentally less coverage in the US.

IKnowHoops
08-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Unless the Lakers win the title, I guess Lakers

kdspurman
08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Toronto's issue to Uncle Dennis is likely that they get fundamentally less coverage in the US.

Maybe his priorities will change. This is the same guy who talked about Kawhi being a private person and doesn't like the spotlight, yet he wants him in LA.

mightybosstone
08-16-2018, 04:50 PM
My money would be on somewhere in Los Angeles, depending on whether he'd rather be the alpha dog with the Clippers or try to win more titles with Lebron or the Lakers. But I'm definitely not ruling out Toronto. He hasn't even stepped on the floor as a Raptor yet, and a lot of things will happen in the next 11 months before free agency starts. If he gels with that team and the Raptors make a serious playoff run, I could absolutely see him staying in Toronto and think it would be great for the league if he did.

Chronz
08-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Imagine if Brooklyn went all in again.

WhiteShadow42
08-16-2018, 06:48 PM
50% Lakers
30% Clippers
20% Toronto

I don't think he wants to be the alpha dog even though his uncle wants him to be for the sake of his brand. Even with Lebron on the team, his brand would be better on the Lakers than the other two cities. Just my opinion.

Jamiecballer
08-16-2018, 07:03 PM
I think he will stay in Toronto. Being the best player on a great team, with a huge market but under the radar. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

aman_13
08-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Maybe his priorities will change. This is the same guy who talked about Kawhi being a private person and doesn't like the spotlight, yet he wants him in LA.How much do you think it has to do with Kawhi's agency? Impact Sports?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Scoots
08-16-2018, 07:59 PM
I think he will stay in Toronto. Being the best player on a great team, with a huge market but under the radar. Perfect.

I think, unless the Raptors start getting on national TV a lot more, it's a tough sell to Uncle Dennis

kdspurman
08-16-2018, 09:44 PM
How much do you think it has to do with Kawhi's agency? Impact Sports?

Long answer, Kawhi's agent with Impact is Mitch Frankel, and Kawhi is his only client. Frankel/Impact are being sued by Kawhi's former Impact agent (Brian Elfus) for withheld commissions, including Kawhi's previous negotiated contract.

I absolutely think Impact Sports is a bit out of sorts, and thus likely easily manipulated by Uncle Dennis (who's agency's Twitter has been hacked for a few weeks now) and who is trying to start his own brand and attract other NBA players. Impact/Dennis both have lots of work to be done to be reputable.

Short answer, yes

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2018, 10:08 PM
If the Raptors can make the finals, I give them a decent chance to keep Kawhi. He can't ignore that amount of success, coupled with all the young guys only getting better. I'm hyped to see what Green, Kawhi and Anunoby can do on the wings.
If not, then it's to the Lakers for Kawhi. He's the perfect fit with and successor to LeBron, in a city he obviously wants to be in most of all. I can't see him choosing the Clippers over LeBron and Magic.

aman_13
08-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Long answer, Kawhi's agent with Impact is Mitch Frankel, and Kawhi is his only client. Frankel/Impact are being sued by Kawhi's former Impact agent (Brian Elfus) for withheld commissions, including Kawhi's previous negotiated contract.

I absolutely think Impact Sports is a bit out of sorts, and thus likely easily manipulated by Uncle Dennis (who's agency's Twitter has been hacked for a few weeks now) and who is trying to start his own brand and attract other NBA players. Impact/Dennis both have lots of work to be done to be reputable.

Short answer, yes

It's odd that we aren't hearing much of this from mainstream media. All we hear is that Uncle Dennis is making the calls.

Dade County
08-16-2018, 11:05 PM
I feel that he will get traded before Dec 25, to one of these teams... Lakers, 76ers, Miami, Bucks, or Portland.

Spurs wanted too much, but the Raps will be looking for assets and won't be stubborn.

At the end of the day, I believe he ends up with the Lakers. But if the Bucks gamble, Giannis & Kawhi on the same team, damn.

kdspurman
08-16-2018, 11:38 PM
It's odd that we aren't hearing much of this from mainstream media. All we hear is that Uncle Dennis is making the calls.

Yea... There was an article on it via ESPN months ago , but it definitely didn't get the attention you'd think.

His uncle was no doubt a headache for the Spurs organization. But Impact Sports hasn't been much better.

JAZZNC
08-17-2018, 04:07 AM

Goodness that would be a hell of a defensive team. Small ball Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, KL, Gobert....I'm drooling! It'll never happen but damn that's a nice squad.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 08:46 AM
I feel that he will get traded before Dec 25, to one of these teams... Lakers, 76ers, Miami, Bucks, or Portland.

Spurs wanted too much, but the Raps will be looking for assets and won't be stubborn.

At the end of the day, I believe he ends up with the Lakers. But if the Bucks gamble, Giannis & Kawhi on the same team, damn.

I doubt the Raps trade him. They traded a favorite player to get Kawhi, Ujiri would get killed if he traded Kawhi away. Kawhi would have to TRY really hard to get them to turn on him that quick.

GREATNESS ONE
08-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Brandon Ingram + Luol Deng for Kawhi?

FlashBolt
08-17-2018, 01:53 PM
The more I think about it, Ingram can develop to be a huge problem for the league. 25/6/6 would not surprise me because he's got the length and talent to do so. My only problem with Ingram is I think he needs to add 15 lbs. He's so bony that it almost seems that if a player wants to stop him, they'd just have to bump him really hard and Ingram will start shaking up.

Chronz
08-17-2018, 02:07 PM
I doubt the Raps trade him. They traded a favorite player to get Kawhi, Ujiri would get killed if he traded Kawhi away. Kawhi would have to TRY really hard to get them to turn on him that quick.

Not if he wanted a rebuild and dd was just an asset to flip.

GREATNESS ONE
08-17-2018, 02:13 PM
The more I think about it, Ingram can develop to be a huge problem for the league. 25/6/6 would not surprise me because he's got the length and talent to do so. My only problem with Ingram is I think he needs to add 15 lbs. He's so bony that it almost seems that if a player wants to stop him, they'd just have to bump him really hard and Ingram will start shaking up.

Lmao which was actually the case his rookie year, the kid got knocked off his shot every time. Last year, he gained 10-15lbs of muscle and finished much better around the hoop. The kid has a great work ethic and entering his 3rd year at 20years old, he has serious potential to rise to the numbers you posted. His work ethic is extremely high, so I can see him growing into his potential.

R. Johnson#3
08-17-2018, 02:47 PM
I think, unless the Raptors start getting on national TV a lot more, it's a tough sell to Uncle Dennis

15 Nationally televised games this year. The most since Vince and 8th in the league. It would only rise if he stayed.

R. Johnson#3
08-17-2018, 02:53 PM
As for Kawhi, if he stays healthy he'll stay in Toronto. This city will go ape **** over him. He'll be the face of a nation in a huge market on a winning team. If we make a run to the Finals I have a hard time seeing him walk.

WaDe03
08-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Lmao which was actually the case his rookie year, the kid got knocked off his shot every time. Last year, he gained 10-15lbs of muscle and finished much better around the hoop. The kid has a great work ethic and entering his 3rd year at 20years old, he has serious potential to rise to the numbers you posted. His work ethic is extremely high, so I can see him growing into his potential.

Great post brother, hope you continue to bring them to us and bless us with tkur knowledge! I think Ingram should be LeBrons partner in every practice drill. If he isnít then something is wrong and the good lord must be working in mysterious ways! :hope:

kdspurman
08-17-2018, 03:00 PM
As for Kawhi, if he stays healthy he'll stay in Toronto. This city will go ape **** over him. He'll be the face of a nation in a huge market on a winning team. If we make a run to the Finals I have a hard time seeing him walk.

And if I'm being honest, I'm not sure a finals appearance would be necessary to keep him if his group thinks there's long term potential for his brand. Kawhi is a competitor and wants to win, but his group has other things they're more concerned with. I mean they would've been ok going to the Clippers this year, and they're not ready to contend.

Jamiecballer
08-17-2018, 04:06 PM

pretty much. might even have to say something, i think.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 04:07 PM
15 Nationally televised games this year. The most since Vince and 8th in the league. It would only rise if he stayed.

Just curious ... how many are AT Toronto.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Lakers would be a easy decision for Kawhi since LeBron is there now. Lakers still need to find a team to eat Deng for the third star though. Stretching him would leave dead money for a few years and be hard to have that third max cap slot. Might need to use some of the kids to dump Deng. Ball could easily be dumped. Since LaVar already said its Ball's team they were there first.

Yeah Kawhi could pick 76ers. But LeBron passed on 76ers. Also Embiid needs to prove he can play a whole season and Simmons needs to shoot better. Also Fultz is a bit of a unknown and needs to show what he can do yet. Also Celtics will have Irving and Hayward back as well.

Lakers is the safe bet as a big 2 next summer and all the kids and Deng. Or dump Deng and some of the kids and lure in that third star in.

warfelg
08-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Lakers would be a easy decision for Kawhi since LeBron is there now. Lakers still need to find a team to eat Deng for the third star though. Stretching him would leave dead money for a few years and be hard to have that third max cap slot. Might need to use some of the kids to dump Deng. Ball could easily be dumped. Since LaVar already said its Ball's team they were there first.

Yeah Kawhi could pick 76ers. But LeBron passed on 76ers. Also Embiid needs to prove he can play a whole season and Simmons needs to shoot better. Also Fultz is a bit of a unknown and needs to show what he can do yet. Also Celtics will have Irving and Hayward back as well.

Lakers is the safe bet as a big 2 next summer and all the kids and Deng. Or dump Deng and some of the kids and lure in that third star in.

Curious, but what does LeBron have to do with it?

Vinylman
08-18-2018, 10:00 AM

why do people even talk about deng? seriously... he is irrelevant to any discussion... he is just a contract at this point. If he ever wants to play before 20/21 he will have to take a massive buyout.

Scoots
08-18-2018, 11:44 AM
why do people even talk about deng? seriously... he is irrelevant to any discussion... he is just a contract at this point. If he ever wants to play before 20/21 he will have to take a massive buyout.

Because of his contract. And I doubt he takes less to leave.

aman_13
08-18-2018, 12:08 PM
And if I'm being honest, I'm not sure a finals appearance would be necessary to keep him if his group thinks there's long term potential for his brand. Kawhi is a competitor and wants to win, but his group has other things they're more concerned with. I mean they would've been ok going to the Clippers this year, and they're not ready to contend.It's funny to think about. Raptors fans are hoping the fans, city and winning will make him want to stay when San Antonio offered all of that.

Unless his beef is with how he was treated, it's likely he's gone next season.

Chronz
08-18-2018, 12:17 PM
And if I'm being honest, I'm not sure a finals appearance would be necessary to keep him if his group thinks there's long term potential for his brand. Kawhi is a competitor and wants to win, but his group has other things they're more concerned with. I mean they would've been ok going to the Clippers this year, and they're not ready to contend.
Depends on the development of the team tho, it doesn't help that Lowry is as old as he is, and you can't mention any situation by citing the clippers without mentioning its LA and its his HOME. Not exactly the kind of context you can simply discount, even tho competitively, you might still be wrong in your approach

Chronz
08-18-2018, 12:21 PM
Buyouts still count against the cap

kdspurman
08-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Depends on the development of the team tho, it doesn't help that Lowry is as old as he is, and you can't mention any situation by citing the clippers without mentioning its LA and its his HOME. Not exactly the kind of context you can simply discount, even tho competitively, you might still be wrong in your approach

I mean I already said I think the Clips is where he'll be next season. I was just saying I dont think a finals appearance would sway his camp either way with regards to the Raptors chances of keeping him.

Scoots
08-18-2018, 07:47 PM
I mean I already said I think the Clips is where he'll be next season. I was just saying I dont think a finals appearance would sway his camp either way with regards to the Raptors chances of keeping him.

I think a finals win would have a significant impact.

Bostonjorge
08-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Leonard is a simple man really. Everyone saw what clippers did to Blake Griffin. Broken promises. Leonard has these teams where he has the Spurs and Raptors at.

Leonard only wants loyalty. Is that to much to ask?

kdspurman
08-18-2018, 10:00 PM
I think a finals win would have a significant impact.

I don't.. he had a championship already, and a city that sheltered him and let him just worry about basketball without having to get out his comfort zone.

It's really more about where his camp feels they can build their brand better.

Scoots
08-18-2018, 11:52 PM
I don't.. he had a championship already, and a city that sheltered him and let him just worry about basketball without having to get out his comfort zone.

It's really more about where his camp feels they can build their brand better.

I get that, but I still think leaving town with a ring would be a little harder than if they didn't.

Storch
08-19-2018, 05:31 AM
I think Toronto has the advantage, with the Lakers as a second option.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-19-2018, 08:17 AM

Luol Deng $18,000,000 $18,810,000

That's $36.8M. Even if Lakers decide to use the stretch provision. Not sure if they use like 5 or 6 years. So divide them years into that price and that's dead money on the cap that many years. Kinda hard to have that third max cap slot with dead money. Even if they use 5 years that's $7.2M per for 5 years or sit on him and let him expire on the roster for 2 years. Or cough up a couple of the young assets and trade him away.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Curious, but what does LeBron have to do with it?

Well I was using LeBron as a example. He skipped Philly. Also Kawhi mainly mentioned LA the whole time. Never really heard him talk up a plan B like Philly or any other team. Time will tell. Heck Raptors could flip Kawhi again to Lakers before season starts. Or by trade deadline if they wanted to. I think LeBron will be pointing fingers and bickering with the kids soon enough. He will want win now pieces. He doesn't have time to babysit.

Tg11
08-19-2018, 08:45 AM
I say Kawhi will be in a Lakers uniform by not even next season...trade deadline Kawhi gon leave the North...he not gonna stay with the Baby Dinos

Vinylman
08-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Buyouts still count against the cap

I know that and that is why discussing him is irrelevant... he isn't going anywhere unless he takes a massive buy out... like 50% of his final year...

IKnowHoops
08-19-2018, 02:09 PM
I say Kawhi will be in a Lakers uniform by not even next season...trade deadline Kawhi gon leave the North...he not gonna stay with the Baby Dinos

I tend to agree with this as well. The only thing is, I think Toronto has a great chance of being the best team in the east. KL is easily the best player in the east, and weíve seen him have a Lebron like effect in the West already.

Gonna be one of the more unpredictable scenarios to play out. Although I lean heavily to the Lakers, I can see it playing out a number of ways based on all the moving parts involved.

Vinylman
08-19-2018, 02:21 PM
Luol Deng $18,000,000 $18,810,000

That's $36.8M. Even if Lakers decide to use the stretch provision. Not sure if they use like 5 or 6 years. So divide them years into that price and that's dead money on the cap that many years. Kinda hard to have that third max cap slot with dead money. Even if they use 5 years that's $7.2M per for 5 years or sit on him and let him expire on the roster for 2 years. Or cough up a couple of the young assets and trade him away.

wowÖ thanks for all that great information that we all already know... your post indicates you have zero clue on what the lakers are doing with deng since you still think stretching him this year is even a possibility...

Like I said... talking about deng at this point is irrelevant... he is going to camp and will then rot on the bench... if he wants his freedom he will have to take a massive buyout Ö that won't happen until next summer at the earliest. Trading him isn't necessary because the Lakers will have enough cap to sign a max guy next summer anyway. If there is a deadline deal for a star he could get packaged in but highly unlikely.

Deng's contract is no different than 15-20 other guys from that FA class... when the **** teams who are clearing cap this year strike out in FA next summer they will gladly take his deal on for not much (1st rounder) and maybe give a contract back for $7-8 million.

Dade County
08-19-2018, 11:26 PM

They were going to rebuild the team anyway, as soon as they would have found good enough assets for DeMar, he was gone; he poor showing in the playoffs sealed that decision.

So it's just a matter of them getting the right assets for a rebuilding team. Kawhi won't have to do anything to make the Raps front office turn on him, they already know the deal; they are gambling, but they will quickly learn that Kawhi doesn't really get close to people.

And no one isn't really bringing this up, the Raps traded their best player on a gamble, why the hell would any future free agent, trust that front office? They traded for a player that forced his way off the Spurs by not playing and not communicating; giving away their best player in DeMar in his words "for a little bit of nothing".

People will bring up in PG, and how he wanted to stay with Westbrook. OK, lets see how that works out in this situation.

Brandon Ingram + Luol Deng for Kawhi?

The Raps should dump all over that. That would be a great young player to sale their fans and he fits the rebuild.

But i don't believe the Lakers should trade Ingram. Maybe Hart, Kuzma & the Raps have to take Deng in the deal. But a lot of fans love Kuzma so IDK.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-20-2018, 08:36 AM
wowÖ thanks for all that great information that we all already know... your post indicates you have zero clue on what the lakers are doing with deng since you still think stretching him this year is even a possibility...

Like I said... talking about deng at this point is irrelevant... he is going to camp and will then rot on the bench... if he wants his freedom he will have to take a massive buyout Ö that won't happen until next summer at the earliest. Trading him isn't necessary because the Lakers will have enough cap to sign a max guy next summer anyway. If there is a deadline deal for a star he could get packaged in but highly unlikely.

Deng's contract is no different than 15-20 other guys from that FA class... when the **** teams who are clearing cap this year strike out in FA next summer they will gladly take his deal on for not much (1st rounder) and maybe give a contract back for $7-8 million.

First rounder isn't much. Other wise Morey would of had Anderson moved already last year. Kings passed on him last year for two first round picks. Kings signed ZBO and Carter and Hill instead. Cause them Rocket picks would be end of first round any way. I think Lakers fans hate to hear to get that third max cap slot is moving Deng with a couple young assets. LeBron doesn't want to babysit all season. Also cant picture LeBron being buddy buddy with LaVar. I think Suns end up with Ball eventually.

aman_13
08-20-2018, 04:50 PM
They were going to rebuild the team anyway, as soon as they would have found good enough assets for DeMar, he was gone; he poor showing in the playoffs sealed that decision.

So it's just a matter of them getting the right assets for a rebuilding team. Kawhi won't have to do anything to make the Raps front office turn on him, they already know the deal; they are gambling, but they will quickly learn that Kawhi doesn't really get close to people.

And no one isn't really bringing this up, the Raps traded their best player on a gamble, why the hell would any future free agent, trust that front office? They traded for a player that forced his way off the Spurs by not playing and not communicating; giving away their best player in DeMar in his words "for a little bit of nothing".

People will bring up in PG, and how he wanted to stay with Westbrook. OK, lets see how that works out in this situation.

The Raps should dump all over that. That would be a great young player to sale their fans and he fits the rebuild.

But i don't believe the Lakers should trade Ingram. Maybe Hart, Kuzma & the Raps have to take Deng in the deal. But a lot of fans love Kuzma so IDK.

Well you said it. The Raptors are planning to rebuild, so why not take a chance on acquiring one of the 5 best players in the game. It's a gamble but at least they are giving themselves a chance to elevate their ceiling for the short term and potentially long term. You are not getting a player like Kawhi in any other scenerio.

The players may have an issue with how the whole thing was handled, even though we have only heard one side of the story but I'm sure they can understand why he was traded.

Vinylman
08-21-2018, 01:08 PM
First rounder isn't much. Other wise Morey would of had Anderson moved already last year. Kings passed on him last year for two first round picks. Kings signed ZBO and Carter and Hill instead. Cause them Rocket picks would be end of first round any way. I think Lakers fans hate to hear to get that third max cap slot is moving Deng with a couple young assets. LeBron doesn't want to babysit all season. Also cant picture LeBron being buddy buddy with LaVar. I think Suns end up with Ball eventually.

blah blah blah blah blah blah

dude... you are talking apples and oranges... Anderson had 3 years left last summer... not the one year that deng will have next summer. In addition the cap is taking a big leap again next summer which gives teams more cap.

You also don't have a clue on what the Lakers are doing based on the above...

Enjoy your team... leave the heavy lifting to the elite franchises... we got this

JAZZNC
08-21-2018, 05:44 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah

dude... you are talking apples and oranges... Anderson had 3 years left last summer... not the one year that deng will have next summer. In addition the cap is taking a big leap again next summer which gives teams more cap.

You also don't have a clue on what the Lakers are doing based on the above...

Enjoy your team... leave the heavy lifting to the elite franchises... we got this

Good to see the disgusting arrogance of Laker fans is back in full swing. I have to say I almost missed you guys acting like jackasses all the time.

Tg11
08-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Because they got reason to be now dat they elite again after being laughing stocks for the past 6 years but dat is neither here nor there

Now back to the topic of Kawhi he gon be a Clipper or a Laker...no ifs ands buts bout it

Vinylman
08-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Good to see the disgusting arrogance of Laker fans is back in full swing. I have to say I almost missed you guys acting like jackasses all the time.

check it out... someone who is use to irrelevance... and fwiw... his arguments or whatever you want to call them are garbage... derision is a useful tool in discourse to shut down ignorance...

you want some?

Tg11
08-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Kawhi wants to be in LA let him go to LA...guy wants dat paper even though he only played 9 games MISS ME WIT DAT

JordansBulls
08-21-2018, 08:47 PM
Bulls

GREATNESS ONE
08-21-2018, 09:15 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmwjwFfHBhs/?utm_source=ig_embed

GREATNESS ONE
08-21-2018, 09:15 PM
check it out... someone who is use to irrelevance... and fwiw... his arguments or whatever you want to call them are garbage... derision is a useful tool in discourse to shut down ignorance...

you want some?

She likes to do that, take her little shots at people then tuck and run.

FlashBolt
08-22-2018, 02:09 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmwjwFfHBhs/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

Holy mother of Jesus.. Kawhi's hands are superhuman. I knew they were huge but it's insane to see it in this picture.

Scoots
08-23-2018, 09:29 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmwjwFfHBhs/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

Holy mother of Jesus.. Kawhi's hands are superhuman. I knew they were huge but it's insane to see it in this picture.

I think Chris Webber's hands were the largest measured in the NBA. Apparently long arms and large hands make it harder to be a good shooter, but those two make it seem like something that can be overcome. It just takes away a common excuse.

prodigy
08-23-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm guessing Clippers.

where will KL be at this time?

You posted this at 10:45pm on a weds. So maybe chilling at home?

ewing
08-23-2018, 11:10 AM
Knicks

kdspurman
08-23-2018, 12:11 PM
I think Chris Webber's hands were the largest measured in the NBA. Apparently long arms and large hands make it harder to be a good shooter, but those two make it seem like something that can be overcome. It just takes away a common excuse.

Boban might have surpassed C-Web, and everyone. And he's got great touch on his shot too

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/43/00/10/9175612/4/rawImage.png

http://www.basketbolgunlugu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/image-7.jpg

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/14-NBA-Players-With-the-Most-Impressive-Hand-Sizes

Cracka2HI!
08-23-2018, 10:23 PM

I agree that Ball will end up a Sun sometime before the deadline. I think a trade that makes sense for both teams would be Ball and Deng for Chandler(expiring) and one of the young PF's Chriss or Bender.

GREATNESS ONE
08-23-2018, 11:03 PM
:facepalm: lmfao

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2018, 08:14 AM
I agree that Ball will end up a Sun sometime before the deadline. I think a trade that makes sense for both teams would be Ball and Deng for Chandler(expiring) and one of the young PF's Chriss or Bender.

Suns always chase after PG's. Kevin Johnson,Kidd,Nash,Cassell,IT,Bledsoe,Knight.

Tg11
08-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Kawhi will be in LA

EthanHarris
08-26-2018, 06:43 AM
I think that if Kawhi will stay healthy and will have reasonable+ or even good enough season, he will stay in Toronto.

Jayb587
08-28-2018, 12:35 PM

will just get worse if we sign kawhi. cant tell us nothing.

Jamiecballer
08-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Has there ever been a fan battle (over an upcoming FA) by website before lmao. This could get hilarious.

voyager77
09-06-2018, 02:07 PM
I think he will stay in Toronto

Cal827
09-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Has there ever been a fan battle (over an upcoming FA) by website before lmao. This could get hilarious.

:laugh2: Well if you just consider the main opposing team mentioned....considering the Lakers fanbase and Raptors fanbase are 2 of the top 4 bases on this site, I don't think it's "could" get hilarious.

Jamiecballer
09-06-2018, 10:20 PM
:laugh2: Well if you just consider the main opposing team mentioned....considering the Lakers fanbase and Raptors fanbase are 2 of the top 4 bases on this site, I don't think it's "could" get hilarious.I was referring to #KawhiOrDie vs. that Clippers one

WhiteShadow42
09-07-2018, 03:06 PM

Hey you're just upset cause you look like your avatar. We are not all arrogant. We just think we are better than everyone else. For whatever it's worth, Malone played for the Jazz and Lakers.

WhiteShadow42
09-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Not because I'm a Lakers homer but I really think he will probably be a Laker next year.

70% Lakers
15% Clippers
15% Raptor

For whatever it's worth.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Still shocked LeBron signed that long of a deal. He cant escape. If Kawhi stays in Toronto. Then if no one else teams up with LeBron. Then if it doesn't workout. Does LeBron beg for a trade?

GREATNESS ONE
09-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Still shocked LeBron signed that long of a deal. He cant escape. If Kawhi stays in Toronto. Then if no one else teams up with LeBron. Then if it doesn't workout. Does LeBron beg for a trade?

:laugh2:

FlashBolt
09-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Higher odds Giannis will be begging for a trade.

GREATNESS ONE
09-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Thatís going to be great when it happens and at this rate it looks inevitable

buckalis
09-07-2018, 08:06 PM
I think he will stay in Toronto

Even if the Raptors can make him comfortable in Toronto and even if the Raptors show potential to be contenders this season, It won't be easy to keep K. Leonard...

The Raptors are deep into the luxury tax and will have to give a (generous) raise to Kawhi as to keep him... Unless they move at least Ibaka for an expiring contract this season (which they won't renew for next season) it looks financially impossible to keep Kwahi... and even if they move Ibaka (which is not an easy task), it may not be enough if they will have to strengthen the roster further... It may be that they will need to move both Ibaka and Val for expiring contracts before Feb. this season.

WhiteShadow42
09-07-2018, 08:27 PM

This.

Nothing has happened in Milwaukee since Happy Days.

Heediot
09-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Even if the Raptors can make him comfortable in Toronto and even if the Raptors show potential to be contenders this season, It won't be easy to keep K. Leonard...

The Raptors are deep into the luxury tax and will have to give a (generous) raise to Kawhi as to keep him... Unless they move at least Ibaka for an expiring contract this season (which they won't renew for next season) it looks financially impossible to keep Kwahi... and even if they move Ibaka (which is not an easy task), it may not be enough if they will have to strengthen the roster further... It may be that they will need to move both Ibaka and Val for expiring contracts before Feb. this season.

LOLOL. Maybe for one year they will be paying the tax.

Kyle, Ibaka, Jonas, FVV, and most of the contracts come off the books in '20.

I think with the Raps cap situation, there's a scenario where Kawhi can actually try to recruit and build/mold his own team in Toronto. Powell at 10-11 mil is still on the books, OG is on a cheap rookie deal.

R. Johnson#3
09-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Kawhi just bought a house in Toronto. The housing bubble is about to burst and property values have been slowly on the decline in the city. This doesnít seem like a financial investment. Maybe itís long term?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Even if that happened. Most likely we gut whatever team gets him to the point he's the only player on that team.

MygirlhatesCod
09-10-2018, 10:11 AM
jokes aside, if KD somehow leaves I can see KL sliding in.

non-threating environment with minimal expectations to be the guy plus the opportunity to win. seems like an ideal spot for him.

WaDe03
09-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Kawhi just bought a house in Toronto. The housing bubble is about to burst and property values have been slowly on the decline in the city. This doesnít seem like a financial investment. Maybe itís long term?

I said so many prayers for you this weekend, Iím glad to see youíre still here neighbor! I hope youíre having a great day that leads you to a great week where you prosper!

I wouldnít get my hopes up from him buying a house, still have a long season to play out

FlashBolt
09-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Property values are getting smashed already since the new tax. Toronto is a fun city, though. No clue what this means.

ewing
09-10-2018, 04:16 PM
I heard he LOVES maple syrup!

Chronz
09-10-2018, 07:27 PM
I heard he LOVES maple syrup!
Sauces

ldawg
09-10-2018, 11:06 PM
I think he stays Canada

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 08:07 AM
I said so many prayers for you this weekend, Iím glad to see youíre still here neighbor! I hope youíre having a great day that leads you to a great week where you prosper!

I wouldnít get my hopes up from him buying a house, still have a long season to play out

I love the fact that you still donít realize you got trolled. Either that or you just canít come to terms with it. Keep up with the religious Tony Robbins bit though. Itís entertaining.

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Property values are getting smashed already since the new tax. Toronto is a fun city, though. No clue what this means.

Iím just being optimistic is all. I have faith we can convince him to stay.

kdspurman
09-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Iím just being optimistic is all. I have faith we can convince him to stay.

You might be able to. But can you convince Uncle Dennis, that's the question.

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 09:41 AM

Drake is already making an album with 15 tracks all about Kawhi. Uncle Dennis will be the producer.

WaDe03
09-11-2018, 10:09 AM
I love the fact that you still donít realize you got trolled. Either that or you just canít come to terms with it. Keep up with the religious Tony Robbins bit though. Itís entertaining.

When you were proven wrong it was turned in to me getting trolled? I guess thatís the easy thing to say to try and cover up the fact you were wrong lol. God bless your soul, I can tell youíre doing a little better but I donít think it prayed hard enough for you so I will continue it into this week!

We will get you through this as a team!!!

Scoots
09-11-2018, 10:14 AM

I know some people in Toronto ... Uncle Dennis may have an unfortunate accident, he doesn't know how to drive in the snow I hear.

kdspurman
09-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Drake is already making an album with 15 tracks all about Kawhi. Uncle Dennis will be the producer.

Kawhi gonna be on stage at Drake's concerts like (minus the 'Spurs' obviously)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreeImmediateKoala-size_restricted.gif

kdspurman
09-11-2018, 10:20 AM
I know some people in Toronto ... Uncle Dennis may have an unfortunate accident, he doesn't know how to drive in the snow I hear.

It's really unfortunate, some people just can't drive in snow.... :whistle: :hide:

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 10:54 AM
When you were proven wrong it was turned in to me getting trolled? I guess thatís the easy thing to say to try and cover up the fact you were wrong lol. God bless your soul, I can tell youíre doing a little better but I donít think it prayed hard enough for you so I will continue it into this week!

We will get you through this as a team!!!

Lol dude, go back and read the exchange. I had you pulling up numbers and articles while I just repeated the same thing over and over again. Cavs got better once Wade left and Clarkson was better than Wade as 6th man. I didn't pull any stats or use anything to back my arguments but my God were you spinning like a top. If you don't believe me, ask Flash!

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Kawhi gonna be on stage at Drake's concerts like (minus the 'Spurs' obviously)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreeImmediateKoala-size_restricted.gif

:laugh:

WaDe03
09-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Lol dude, go back and read the exchange. I had you pulling up numbers and articles while I just repeated the same thing over and over again. Cavs got better once Wade left and Clarkson was better than Wade as 6th man. I didn't pull any stats or use anything to back my arguments but my God were you spinning like a top. If you don't believe me, ask Flash!

Why would I ask Flash? I guess after he went at you and proved you wrong you started your little trolling narrative. I think you learned your lesson this time though, good luck in the future.

R. Johnson#3
09-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Why would I ask Flash? I guess after he went at you and proved you wrong you started your little trolling narrative. I think you learned your lesson this time though, good luck in the future.

This is too good. You forgot your prayers for me and what not.

WaDe03
09-11-2018, 11:34 AM
This is too good. You forgot your prayers for me and what not.

Iíll never forget to pray for you so donít worry about that.

Mave1002
09-14-2018, 03:27 AM
Lakers or Raptors.

You forgot two things... the depth and the cap. wink wink.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-14-2018, 09:20 AM

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 09:27 AM

Old news and that guy also posts fake news.

Scoots
09-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Old news and that guy also posts fake news.

It's not even news.

WaDe03
09-14-2018, 12:38 PM
It's not even news.

It is now.

aman_13
09-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Apparently it's Clippers, Raptors and Lakers in order.

GREATNESS ONE
09-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Clippers should move to Seattle and blow up.... Reports and rumors can say whatever but it will forever be Lakers > Clippers

Scoots
09-15-2018, 11:28 PM
Clippers should move to Seattle and blow up.... Reports and rumors can say whatever but it will forever be Lakers > Clippers

The team that has him has the advantage in money and that they can talk to him. After that it's a crap shoot because nobody really knows what he wants (winning or being "the man").

GREATNESS ONE
09-15-2018, 11:49 PM
He wants to live in Southern California.. expensive... but one of the best places on the plaent, especially if you love Mexican food and burgers,

WaDe03
09-16-2018, 11:24 PM
He wants to live in Southern California.. expensive... but one of the best places on the plaent, especially if you love Mexican food and burgers,

Yíall have arroz con pollo?

Scoots
09-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Yíall have arroz con pollo?

Arroz graŮado con huevos. Mmmmm.

kdspurman
09-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Apparently it's Clippers, Raptors and Lakers in order.

Clips have reportedly been #1 for a while now, this was even prior to him going to Toronto. For the sake of Toronto/Raps fans, I hope they're able to convince Kaw---, I mean Uncle Dennis to stay.

FlashBolt
09-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Why would they do that, though? Unless there are massive incentives, Balmer paid for an LA team so he would need to get some money back if he's having to relocate his team to a lesser area. Only thing I like about the Clippers is Jerry so I don't even want them as a team to root for.

WaDe03
09-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Arroz graŮado con huevos. Mmmmm.

What is that my friend?!

Chronz
09-17-2018, 04:25 PM

That's not how life works kiddo

Tg11
09-30-2018, 04:03 PM
Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers or Knicks or 76ers

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-19-2018, 01:09 PM

nastynice
12-19-2018, 02:28 PM
I like him in Toronto. I hope he stays

lakers squad
12-19-2018, 02:53 PM
The Clippers are the Lakers imo, raps will have a outside shot, but he is headed to L.A!

ewing
12-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Definitely ny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
12-19-2018, 04:35 PM
He got his shoe deal, so all the Raps have to do is make the finals or take the ecf to 7. Raps still have untapped potential and a lot of cap flexibility with a tonne of expiring next year. They have lots of reasons to convince him as long as they show p for the playoffs. Beating the Clips and then GS the next day while he was sitting helps for the short term.

Jamiecballer
12-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Beating the Clips and then GS the next day while he was sitting helps for the short term.

Opposite imo

Heediot
12-19-2018, 04:38 PM
Opposite imo

as in long term instead of short? or did it hurt their chances?

Tg11
12-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Kawhi on the Clippers

Vinylman
12-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Same as this year

blowing dudes in the alley

aman_13
12-19-2018, 09:37 PM
1075261841788432385Yeah they have been very creepy.

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 10:28 PM
Raptors or Clippers are the general consensus but almost every team in the league will make a run at him (at least the ones with cap space) I think it will be a pros and cons decision between several teams imo. End of the day heíll look at all his options he is unrestricted after all.

Giannis94
12-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Mke

smith&wesson
12-19-2018, 10:36 PM
He and Giannis would be lethal together canít even lie

netherfire
12-19-2018, 11:15 PM
I don't see Kawhi leaving Toronto. Seems to me he likes the city, and he has full support and confidence from the coaching staff.

Tg11
12-20-2018, 09:59 AM
I don't see Kawhi leaving Toronto. Seems to me he likes the city, and he has full support and confidence from the coaching staff.

Yeah he does but it still don't change the fact that Toronto is nothing compared to LA and Kawhi he a homer...he's from LA...nice beaches, glitz, glamour, spotlight and nice weather on top of it...why wouldn't he want to go home? He's from LA

IKnowHoops
12-23-2018, 12:30 AM
Iím hoping the Lakers with Bron.

ewing
12-23-2018, 12:52 AM
Iím hoping the Lakers with Bron.

No body likes him

Raps18-19 Champ
12-23-2018, 02:05 AM
1. Clippers
2. Raptors
3. Lakers

Tg11
12-23-2018, 05:05 AM
Plus Clippers execs are following Kawhi everywhere too...he ain't stayin in Toronto