PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen let go by the Clippers ..

aman_13
08-13-2018, 02:13 PM
..for his comments on Kawhi.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790782-report-bruce-bowen-out-as-clippers-tv-analyst-after-kawhi-leonard-criticism

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
08-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Sports West reportedly declined to renew the contract of*Los Angeles Clippers*television analyst*Bruce Bowen*after he made comments critical of Kawhi Leonard in June, according to*Adrian Wojnarowski*of ESPN.com.

Per that report, "Bowen was under contract with Fox Sports West, but the Clippers—like every organization—have significant input into the hiring of television broadcast talents and withheld approval on extending his contract, sources said."

Chronz
08-13-2018, 02:43 PM
He was so awful I jumped for joy when he had the incompetence to trash a target of the clips. Good riddance, bring back the dynamic duo. We Want Walton!

aman_13
08-13-2018, 02:52 PM
He was so awful I jumped for joy when he had the incompetence to trash a target of the clips. Good riddance, bring back the dynamic duo. We Want Walton!Yeah I wasn't a fan of his either.

But Jerry West ain't playing around if the reports are true

Jamiecballer
08-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Weak. Bad luck that the Clips are perceived as being real contenders for Kawhi lmao.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Chronz
08-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Weak. Bad luck that the Clips are perceived as being real contenders for Kawhi lmao.

Bad luck? Lmao, even if we pretend the clippers aren't in LA , it would still have been a God send.

Jeffy25
08-13-2018, 03:12 PM
But this is all he said?

"I think there's nothing but excuses going on. First, it was, 'Well I was misdiagnosed.' Look here: You got $18 million this year, and you think that they're trying to rush you? You didn't play for the most part a full season this year. And you're the go-to guy, you're the franchise, and you want to say that they didn't have your best interest at heart? Are you kidding me?

"I think he's getting bad advice. I think what you're starting to see now is an individual given a certain amount of advice, and it's not the right advice. Here it is: You were protected in San Antonio. You were able to come up during a time where you still could lean on Tim [Duncan], Tony [Parker] and Manu [Ginobili]."

Seems extreme to fire a commentator for having a negative opinion.

Chronz
08-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Yeah he's wrong for that.

kdspurman
08-13-2018, 03:16 PM
But this is all he said?

That's about it yea. Kinda weak by them, but I guess they're doing whatever they can to try and land Kawhi.

Scoots
08-13-2018, 03:19 PM
He was so awful I jumped for joy when he had the incompetence to trash a target of the clips. Good riddance, bring back the dynamic duo. We Want Walton!

He really was terrible.

Rivera
08-13-2018, 03:32 PM
no problem with this, he basically works for the clippers even though he doesnt. it happens.

IndyRealist
08-13-2018, 04:11 PM
But this is all he said?

Uncle Dennis holds Kawhi's leash. Calling him out would be akin to calling out an agent when you want his star client.

beasted86
08-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Fired by a team he doesn't work for regarding a player who isn't even on the team?

This sounds completely bogus.

Probably just felt he wasn't very good. If it was somebody they wanted to keep around anyway he would have been given a pass and a behind the scenes sit down talk.

Either that or it was a personal vendetta by Kawhi's camp who called for it specifically.

ewing
08-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Its a player league

Jamiecballer
08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Bad luck? Lmao, even if we pretend the clippers aren't in LA , it would still have been a God send.Well I am not talking about how well he does he job, only the comments. I appreciated what he said and frankly agreed with it.

Scoots
08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
That's about it yea. Kinda weak by them, but I guess they're doing whatever they can to try and land Kawhi.

The 49ers fired their best radio analyst some years ago because he gave a fair but harsh evaluation of the team. It's definitely weak when a team fires an analyst because the analysis isn't saying exactly what the team wants, but at the same time you've got to know who is paying you.

The Raiders coverage under Al Davis was so incredibly delusional ... I used to watch their NFL films years in review just to see if they would admit to losing a game in the video, because it went several years where they just left out the losses.

Cracka2HI!
08-13-2018, 10:20 PM
So glad about this! Bowen sucked really bad and it was beyond weird having a somewhat recently retired Spur doing our games. There is a big inaccuracy in this thread. Everyone is posting that Bowen got fired. That is incorrect. The Clippers decided not to renew his contract and the comments were probably the nail in the coffin. A lot of people are saying it's lame on the organization but honestly that's just business. Bowen was barely passable in his role, not under contract and had negative comments about the teams top target. That's just dumb, a fireable offense for sure.

Jamiecballer
08-13-2018, 10:39 PM
So glad about this! Bowen sucked really bad and it was beyond weird having a somewhat recently retired Spur doing our games. There is a big inaccuracy in this thread. Everyone is posting that Bowen got fired. That is incorrect. The Clippers decided not to renew his contract and the comments were probably the nail in the coffin. A lot of people are saying it's lame on the organization but honestly that's just business. Bowen was barely passable in his role, not under contract and had negative comments about the teams top target. That's just dumb, a fireable offense for sure.But he didnt get fired

Cracka2HI!
08-14-2018, 01:38 AM
But he didnt get fired

Correct, he committed a fireable offense and his contract was not renewed as a result. Not surprising someone couldn't tell where I was going with that.

ewing
08-14-2018, 01:42 AM
So glad about this! Bowen sucked really bad and it was beyond weird having a somewhat recently retired Spur doing our games. There is a big inaccuracy in this thread. Everyone is posting that Bowen got fired. That is incorrect. The Clippers decided not to renew his contract and the comments were probably the nail in the coffin. A lot of people are saying it's lame on the organization but honestly that's just business. Bowen was barely passable in his role, not under contract and had negative comments about the teams top target. That's just dumb, a fireable offense for sure.

Thanks for correcting that big inaccuracy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinylman
08-14-2018, 07:56 AM
Yeah I wasn't a fan of his either.

But Jerry West ain't playing around if the reports are true

when? between people changing his diapers?

This is all about luring KL next offseason... it has nothing to do with his on air capabilities

Jamiecballer
08-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Correct, he committed a fireable offense and his contract was not renewed as a result. Not surprising someone couldn't tell where I was going with that.Then you should have chosen your words better.

aman_13
08-14-2018, 09:08 AM

This is all about luring KL next offseason... it has nothing to do with his on air capabilitiesThat's what I was referring to.

prodigy
08-14-2018, 11:42 AM
He's 100% correct

Chronz
08-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Well I am not talking about how well he does he job, only the comments. I appreciated what he said and frankly agreed with it.

I disagreed with it, that level of subjectivity is why you should know better. It'd be one thing if it were undeniably true but he's inept in more ways than one.

Chronz
08-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Correct, he committed a fireable offense and his contract was not renewed as a result. Not surprising someone couldn't tell where I was going with that.

It was obvious bro

Chronz
08-14-2018, 12:46 PM

This is all about luring KL next offseason... it has nothing to do with his on air capabilities
I disagree, if he were great at his job im sure it could have saved him, since he sucked badly they saw no reason to keep a bad spokesman

Chronz
08-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Then you should have chosen your words better.

He chose the perfect words

kdspurman
08-14-2018, 01:18 PM

Was it tho? play by play guys have criticized players before

prodigy
08-14-2018, 01:38 PM
I disagreed with it, that level of subjectivity is why you should know better. It'd be one thing if it were undeniably true but he's inept in more ways than one.

its 100% true. Spurs reputation speaks for itself. KL was actually running around NY hiding from the spurs. Immature baby. LA will eat him alive if he can't learn to handle himself.

Jamiecballer
08-14-2018, 01:40 PM
He chose the perfect wordsI disagree. If your whole point was that he wasnt fired, then why not say "it was dumb, he should understand why they dont want him back". Saying it was a fireable offense but he wasnt fired is dumb. Not that it matters really.

Chronz
08-14-2018, 04:21 PM
its 100% true. Spurs reputation speaks for itself. KL was actually running around NY hiding from the spurs. Immature baby. LA will eat him alive if he can't learn to handle himself.
That's just gossip.

Chronz
08-14-2018, 04:23 PM
I disagree. If your whole point was that he wasnt fired, then why not say "it was dumb, he should understand why they dont want him back". Saying it was a fireable offense but he wasnt fired is dumb. Not that it matters really.

It's a fireable offense tho. That's literally the most succinct way to describe it

Cal827
08-14-2018, 04:30 PM
It's hilarious how much superstars control the sports :laugh2:

They don't renew his contract with the "potential" of drawing Kawhi is likely a major reason.

Chronz
08-14-2018, 04:32 PM
It's hilarious how much superstars control the sports :laugh2:

They don't renew his contract with the "potential" of drawing Kawhi is likely a major reason.

That and he legitimately sucked. Teams can have whatever spokesperson they desire, he was undesirable period, in more ways than one

Cal827
08-14-2018, 04:40 PM

I read this before and it pissed me off (especially when the Raptors acquired him). he could have at least spoke with them in person and said he was through, and a genuine person would. Not freaking run through different doors. If this is true, it's absolutely cowardly... and a reason that the Derozan deal irked me, as no doubt that Kawhi is the better player, but the team basically traded away our greatest player in history (based on longetivity, and representation) for a guy acting like Vince Carter circa 2005 when he would complain and half-*** games until they sent him to New Jersey.

Supposedly Kawhi's been having good conversations with the team's FO/coach so here's hoping that he matures, but I have my doubts (as Jamie can probably remember from the whining I did in the Raptor forum :laugh2: ).. Even if he doesn't stay in Toronto, you're right as LA will jump him. Either, he joins the Lakers and the Lakers team becomes expected to be able to take down Golden State as they would be stacked (of course something would probably come back to TO in a S/T but they'd still be stacked with a roster of Lebron/Kawhi/Ingram), or he goes to the Clippers, the two actually become a rivalry, and he's dealing with microphones on how he expects to dethrone King James and that Strong Laker team.

Cal827
08-14-2018, 04:44 PM
That and he legitimately sucked. Teams can have whatever spokesperson they desire, he was undesirable period, in more ways than one

Ah fair enough. What was his main issue? Was he going overboard too often, or was his opinions just off? Just asking mainly because I don't really hear much of him in Toronto unless he says something big (like the Kawhi comments). We have a guy here named Matt Devlin who basically feeds into the conspiracy that the NBA wants refs to screw the Raptors each game, and complains basically each time down the court that there's no foul. Hell he tried to blame the Refs for the Cavs sweep this year before they went off air :laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
08-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Clippers won't even be in the running for kawhi anyway

Scoots
08-14-2018, 08:49 PM

I think he said he'd be interested in the Clippers.

Cracka2HI!
08-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Was it tho? play by play guys have criticized players beforeIn my opinion it was. I'm not saying what Bowen said wasn't true. I think he's probably spot on. I look at stuff like this as what would happen on my job. If I went to another company's event and talked trash on a top producer my company was trying to recruit, I'd probably be done. If I sucked at my job and just come over from another company that I obviously still loved way more than my new company, I'd be gone for sure. You have to consider the caliber of the employee in cases like this. An employee that is average at their job but shows up on time and follows all the rules is much more likely to keep their job than a little more talented employee who shows up late all the time and has a drinking problem. Bowen sucks at color commentating Clipper games and didn't follow the rules. It really is as simple as that. I don't think Ralph Lawler or even Michael Smith would been let go for this.

I disagree. If your whole point was that he wasnt fired, then why not say "it was dumb, he should understand why they dont want him back". Saying it was a fireable offense but he wasnt fired is dumb. Not that it matters really.

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkI wrote it like that on purpose and it is well written imo, but you're right it really doesn't matter lol.

This is the funny thing in this whole situation. I agree, don't think The Clippers have much of a shot at Leonard.

IKnowHoops
08-14-2018, 11:56 PM
As someone who loves and respects the Spurs, Bruce Bowen more often than not, annoys me when he speaks.

Ex players talking ish and being over critical of current players is about the most played out thing in sports. I don’t like seeing guys get fired, but stop running your mouth so reckless about another mans life and decisions. He’d have a job if he wasn’t hatin

Vinylman
08-15-2018, 08:40 AM
That's what I was referring to.

what? that west is over the hill and a shell of his former self... I currently have him in a death pool and don't even see him making it to the all star break next year.

Vinylman
08-15-2018, 08:44 AM
I disagree, if he were great at his job im sure it could have saved him, since he sucked badly they saw no reason to keep a bad spokesman

nah dude... Ballmer is in full panic mode... he knows if he doesn't land KL that his chances for a new arena and ever being relevant in LA is over.

If the reports are to be believed, KL will only leave Toronto for Los Angeles which means the Lakers or Clippers... if the Lakers get him it is over in LA... the clipps will be irrelevant even moreso than they already are.

prodigy
08-15-2018, 09:36 AM
That's just gossip.

He avoided the spurs consistently thats not gossip. IDK if the running through NY part is true, but he refused to speak with the spurs. Over stupid stuff. He may be more immature then Durant.

prodigy
08-15-2018, 09:39 AM
As someone who loves and respects the Spurs, Bruce Bowen more often than not, annoys me when he speaks.

Ex players talking ish and being over critical of current players is about the most played out thing in sports. I don’t like seeing guys get fired, but stop running your mouth so reckless about another mans life and decisions. He’d have a job if he wasn’t hatin

But isn't that their job? give opinions about whats going on in the NBA?

kdspurman
08-15-2018, 10:57 AM
He avoided the spurs consistently thats not gossip. IDK if the running through NY part is true, but he refused to speak with the spurs. Over stupid stuff. He may be more immature then Durant.

It was in the facility where he was working out, his camp hid him from Spurs personnel.

There was a point during his rehab process in New York that some of the Spurs brass went out to see him in New York. As soon as those guys arrived to the building, Kawhi's people grabbed him and sequestered him to another part of the building. And so the Spurs' people couldn't even see him.

Definitely not gossip, it was a legit reporter who put it out there.

prodigy
08-15-2018, 01:41 PM
It was in the facility where he was working out, his camp hid him from Spurs personnel.

The people around KL are a joke. I hope he changes that quickly.

Scoots
08-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Thinking on this more, this just makes the Clippers still look like a joke. If they didn't want Bowen for legitimate reasons they should/could not renew him and make it clear it wasn't about Kawhi.

The Clippers have a lot of pending free agents, and they are saying up front that they want to replace their players under contract with Kawhi. From the outside that makes sense to us, but that is still a guy under contract to the team who can look around at the coach/front office and say "I know you don't want me", so how much of a team player will he be interested in being?

kdspurman
08-15-2018, 01:51 PM
The 49ers fired their best radio analyst some years ago because he gave a fair but harsh evaluation of the team. It's definitely weak when a team fires an analyst because the analysis isn't saying exactly what the team wants, but at the same time you've got to know who is paying you.

The Raiders coverage under Al Davis was so incredibly delusional ... I used to watch their NFL films years in review just to see if they would admit to losing a game in the video, because it went several years where they just left out the losses.

yea that pretty much sums it up

Storch
08-15-2018, 02:35 PM
They could have let him go without a story.

Chronz
08-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Lol nobody can ever top her. Kawhi just playing a game of minds. He didn't hide tho

Chronz
08-15-2018, 03:30 PM

False but lol at the notion of a legit reporter somehow knowing. In actuality it was a Spurs staffer who told a reporter, just like some one in kawhi's camp told another reporter it was all bs. Aka, gossip

Chronz
08-15-2018, 03:31 PM
They could have let him go without a story.

How would that come about

Chronz
08-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Thinking on this more, this just makes the Clippers still look like a joke. If they didn't want Bowen for legitimate reasons they should/could not renew him and make it clear it wasn't about Kawhi.

The Clippers have a lot of pending free agents, and they are saying up front that they want to replace their players under contract with Kawhi. From the outside that makes sense to us, but that is still a guy under contract to the team who can look around at the coach/front office and say "I know you don't want me", so how much of a team player will he be interested in being?

Lol wat a joke of a take. The clippers don't have to say **** because it doesn't matter. You don't replace 15 players with merely one, the players certainly understand. Only guy who prolly doesn't want kawhi is the 15th man. The rest would love him as much as any player would want a star. Hell, the lame *** dubs were recruiting kd all year. Cj was recruiting boogie and kd said something about don't you want Nurk to which he responded we wanted both. Then he said plenty of players find it disgusting what kd did so I'm sure some guys on the clips (other teams too)want kawhi to take down that group of cowards.

Fringe nba players know this business better than you think, it should drive them to prove themselves. Anyone mentally weak enough to not know this league won't last long. Clips just got the leg up because they got the prospects masai likes and kawhi wants the golden city that is la

Chronz
08-15-2018, 03:45 PM
yea that pretty much sums it up

He never had the unrelenting homerism of our former announcers, didn't get lawlers joke the way that other guy did, my guess is he prolly knew he wouldn't be back (heard he clashed with many reps) and wanted to go out in a blaze. Now he can save face, somewhat. Don't know if a team ever gives him a shot tho. Sean Elliott knows how to love a squad.

My wonder is, would he have critiqued kawhi (for something other stars have done in the past, and with good reason) if he had been employed by the spurs while they were still in that window of trying to bring him back? Maybe

kdspurman
08-15-2018, 03:48 PM
False but lol at the notion of a legit reporter somehow knowing. In actuality it was a Spurs staffer who told a reporter, just like some one in kawhi's camp told another reporter it was all bs. Aka, gossip

Nah man... It's why Pop never had any updates about the guy. There is a lot of truth to this stuff, that may or may not come to light.

He may be a Clipper next year, so you can believe he and his camp are the good guys ;)

kdspurman
08-15-2018, 03:53 PM
He never had the unrelenting homerism of our former announcers, didn't get lawlers joke the way that other guy did, my guess is he prolly knew he wouldn't be back (heard he clashed with many reps) and wanted to go out in a blaze. Now he can save face, somewhat. Don't know if a team ever gives him a shot tho. Sean Elliott knows how to love a squad.

My wonder is, would he have critiqued kawhi (for something other stars have done in the past, and with good reason) if he had been employed by the spurs while they were still in that window of trying to bring him back? Maybe

Talking about Kawhi getting bad advice and that he/his camp are making excuses is hardly going out in a blaze lol

He may have critiqued him during that window. David Robinson was pretty open/honest about Kawhi before he got traded.

Scoots
08-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Lol wat a joke of a take. The clippers don't have to say **** because it doesn't matter. You don't replace 15 players with merely one, the players certainly understand. Only guy who prolly doesn't want kawhi is the 15th man. The rest would love him as much as any player would want a star. Hell, the lame *** dubs were recruiting kd all year. Cj was recruiting boogie and kd said something about don't you want Nurk to which he responded we wanted both. Then he said plenty of players find it disgusting what kd did so I'm sure some guys on the clips (other teams too)want kawhi to take down that group of cowards.

Fringe nba players know this business better than you think, it should drive them to prove themselves. Anyone mentally weak enough to not know this league won't last long. Clips just got the leg up because they got the prospects masai likes and kawhi wants the golden city that is la

I was thinking more of Tobias Harris ... he looks at his twitter feed and it's all about the team you work for firing the color guy because he might have offended a player on another team who your team clearly wants to come take your job.

And the Warriors were not recruiting KD all year, Draymond was. And at the time I wondered what Harrison Barnes thought of his teammate working to replace him, but that's better than the team itself.

Jamiecballer
08-15-2018, 05:09 PM

The Clippers have a lot of pending free agents, and they are saying up front that they want to replace their players under contract with Kawhi. From the outside that makes sense to us, but that is still a guy under contract to the team who can look around at the coach/front office and say "I know you don't want me", so how much of a team player will he be interested in being?Just more clippers being clippers

ewing
08-15-2018, 05:11 PM

you don't have to start being a KL homer yet

Lakers + Giants
08-15-2018, 05:57 PM
This is the funny thing in this whole situation. I agree, don't think The Clippers have much of a shot at Leonard.

I was actually joking. I think clippers are one of the few teams with a shot at landing kawhi tbh.

Why don't you think your own team has a chance? legitimately wondering.

aman_13
08-15-2018, 06:34 PM
This is a random thought and not alluding to any post on this thread. Maybe my way of selling Kawhi to Toronto or the Clippers.

Kawhi should be about writing his own story, not LeBron's. He goes to the Lakers and he's playing in LeBron's world where the game is centered on his play style. Kawhi was so happy talking to Nurse about all the different ways he was going to get the ball.

Here is an excerpt from The Star:

“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it,” Nurse said. “It was fun to listen to his take. He asked me, ‘How are you going to use me? Where are you going to get me the ball? What do you see?’ And I told him, ‘Listen. To me, you can do pretty much everything. You can post. You can drive. You can handle it up the floor. You can play screen and roll. You can come off pindowns.’ I said, ‘Did I miss anything?’ He’s like, ‘No, that’s about it.’ I said, ‘You’ll probably be doing all that stuff.’ ”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/sports/raptors/2018/07/27/kawhi-leonard-makes-a-fine-first-impression-on-raptors-coach-nick-nurse.html

I'm not sure he is going to get the same variety playing with James. I just don't think that's for everybody, which is probably why Irving wanted to leave and probably why PG decided to stay in OKC.

And this is just an opinion so calm down Laker fans. I'm sure he's all yours.

Chronz
08-15-2018, 08:40 PM
you don't have to start being a KL homer yet
Im a player's coach.

Tmac pulled a similar move when Houstons staff ****ed up

Cracka2HI!
08-15-2018, 10:42 PM
I was actually joking. I think clippers are one of the few teams with a shot at landing kawhi tbh.

Why don't you think your own team has a chance? legitimately wondering.

They have a legit shot but I'd put it at 15-20% at best. I think he'll fall in love with Toronto or go to the Lakers. I'd put him linking up with another star in New York as about equal odds with The Clippers. I certainly don't want to get my hopes up. It looked like Chronz brought up an interesting idea of The Clippers trading for Kawhi. I think that would help their odds tremendously, especially if they made some noise in the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
08-15-2018, 10:54 PM
I should add that I don't think The Clippers are in nearly as bad of shape as I'm reading here. Someone based some ideas on the fact he thinks Jerry West is going to die this year. The Clippers are getting their own arena no matter what. Ballmer does not need Kawhi to buy his own arena. That is laughable. The Clippers have a footprint in the community now. They aren't relevant on the national scene right now but they are far from hurting as an organization. The team has the richest owner in sports, a healthy and spry Jerry West and a really good head coach who no longer has the cancerous burden of coaching his son.

Vinylman
08-16-2018, 08:23 AM
This is a random thought and not alluding to any post on this thread. Maybe my way of selling Kawhi to Toronto or the Clippers.

Kawhi should be about writing his own story, not LeBron's. He goes to the Lakers and he's playing in LeBron's world where the game is centered on his play style. Kawhi was so happy talking to Nurse about all the different ways he was going to get the ball.

Here is an excerpt from The Star:

“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it,” Nurse said. “It was fun to listen to his take. He asked me, ‘How are you going to use me? Where are you going to get me the ball? What do you see?’ And I told him, ‘Listen. To me, you can do pretty much everything. You can post. You can drive. You can handle it up the floor. You can play screen and roll. You can come off pindowns.’ I said, ‘Did I miss anything?’ He’s like, ‘No, that’s about it.’ I said, ‘You’ll probably be doing all that stuff.’ ”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/sports/raptors/2018/07/27/kawhi-leonard-makes-a-fine-first-impression-on-raptors-coach-nick-nurse.html

I'm not sure he is going to get the same variety playing with James. I just don't think that's for everybody, which is probably why Irving wanted to leave and probably why PG decided to stay in OKC.

And this is just an opinion so calm down Laker fans. I'm sure he's all yours.

Toronto's only chance is if they make the finals... if they make the finals then I give it about a 60/40 he stays...

all that above stuff is just noise... playing on a capped out team in the east who can't make it to the finals won't interest him

Vinylman
08-16-2018, 08:26 AM
I should add that I don't think The Clippers are in nearly as bad of shape as I'm reading here. Someone based some ideas on the fact he thinks Jerry West is going to die this year. The Clippers are getting their own arena no matter what. Ballmer does not need Kawhi to buy his own arena. That is laughable. The Clippers have a footprint in the community now. They aren't relevant on the national scene right now but they are far from hurting as an organization. The team has the richest owner in sports, a healthy and spry Jerry West and a really good head coach who no longer has the cancerous burden of coaching his son.

delusion is a mother ****er... the LBJ signing alone makes them irrelevant in LA...

As for West... I stand by my prediction...

Heediot
08-16-2018, 08:41 AM
Toronto's only chance is if they make the finals... if they make the finals then I give it about a 60/40 he stays...

all that above stuff is just noise... playing on a capped out team in the east who can't make it to the finals won't interest him

The key is getting him to accept a 1 + 1 in '19. In '20 Raps will have 80-90 percent of their cap cleared including himself. With all that Cap they will allow him to help recruit players and possibly mold his own team.

If they lose in 7 in the ECF, or get to the finals, I think he'll take the 1 + 1.

Vinylman
08-16-2018, 08:44 AM
The key is getting him to accept a 1 + 1 in '19. In '20 Raps will have 80-90 percent of their cap cleared including himself. With all that Cap they will allow him to help recruit players and possibly mold his own team.

If they lose in 7 in the ECF, or get to the finals, I think he'll take the 1 + 1.

nope... I can't see him taking the 1+1 because he has never had the real big contract at this point. Toronto also isn't a great landing spot for FA

But like I said... if they make the finals I think they have a slight advantage over others.

Heediot
08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
nope... I can't see him taking the 1+1 because he has never had the real big contract at this point. Toronto also isn't a great landing spot for FA

But like I said... if they make the finals I think they have a slight advantage over others.

Relatively sure his MAX contract isn't as pretty as the ones from the newer cba, but that was a big contract at the time he signed.

I am just hoping Bron shows enough decline to convince others that signing with a aging legend may not be the way to go.

Also hoping the extra loot the Raps can offer can help.

Toronto/Canada has a chance to expand his brand playing in this market.

Even if he does sign a long contract in '19, Raps still have flexibility for him moving forward.

Not saying he will re-sign just looking at the potential positives and hopeful that he does.

Jamiecballer
08-16-2018, 10:25 AM

all that above stuff is just noise... playing on a capped out team in the east who can't make it to the finals won't interest himExcept this capped out team can make the finals. So that should mean 60% chance he stays

prodigy
08-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Lol nobody can ever top her. Kawhi just playing a game of minds. He didn't hide tho

true i was outta line my bad.

kdspurman
08-16-2018, 04:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkRIXrzZFSQ

Dan Patrick: “Did they come out and just say ‘look, we’re not bringing you back because [of] the comments you made about Kawhi? Was it that kind of cut and dry?”

Bruce Bowen: “Yeah, it was basically ‘we don’t view your views that way, because of your comments [on] Kawhi Leonard we are choosing to go a separate way.'”

Dan Patrick: “Who told you that?”

Bruce Bowen: “An individual within their organization who signed off on me being on board.”

Dan Patrick: “It’s just bizarre, because I was told by somebody who’s with the Clippers who said ‘look, we’re not taking any chances here. We can’t.'”

Bruce Bowen: “One thing that I thought about in all of this is that Kawhi never said ‘I want to play for the Clippers.’ Kawhi said he wanted to play for the Lakers. Unfortunately, if you’re going to run your organization based on hopes, maybe, and getting rid of others…. Again, if I tore him down and if I was disrespectful to him, that’s one thing. But that’s not the case. As an analyst, I’m supposed to talk about what I see and what I feel for this game that I love…. If you can’t do that, what does that say about your organization?

…. I don’t think I’m big enough that someone will say ‘you know what? I’m not going there because Bruce Bowen is there and he’s on the mic.'”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/bruce-bowen-reacts-to-losing-job-over-kawhi-leonard-comments

Chronz
08-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Its about going the extra mile bruce. Ur expendable even for the smallest glimmer of hope. Have some common sense

Vinylman
08-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Except this capped out team can make the finals. So that should mean 60% chance he stays

except what? you act like them making the finals is a foregone conclusion when they have a history of choking like *****es in the playoffs...

Anyway, there really was no point to your post.

prodigy
08-17-2018, 09:14 AM
KL is not going to the dang clippers lol, this is all so dumb. Clippers are dumb.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 12:32 PM
except what? you act like them making the finals is a foregone conclusion when they have a history of choking like *****es in the playoffs...

Anyway, there really was no point to your post.

You said "if they make the finals" and he was just saying they can make the finals.

Anyway, the only point of your post was to troll.

IKnowHoops
08-17-2018, 01:33 PM
But isn't that their job? give opinions about whats going on in the NBA?

There is a BIG difference between analysis and passing judgement. And a big difference between professional and personal. Bruce was “ getting all caught up in his arithmetic.”

Last line didn’t make much sense, but big props to anyone who can name the movie for that quote came from. Sports movie

Cracka2HI!
08-17-2018, 08:46 PM
delusion is a mother ****er... the LBJ signing alone makes them irrelevant in LA...

As for West... I stand by my prediction...

Average attendance was still 17,019 last season and I think it will be fine again this season. I've been a fan since they played in front of hundreds at the Sports Arena. That is irrelevant. They aren't going back to that just because the Lakers got LeBron. I much prefer the position the team is in compared to what it would have been if they kept it together and went into tax hell. They are in position to re-tool quickly with or without Kawhi Leonard. This roster has Jerry West's finger prints all over it. They may have a down year(although it wouldn't surprise me if they don't) but they won't be down for long.

Vinylman
08-17-2018, 10:25 PM
You said "if they make the finals" and he was just saying they can make the finals.

Anyway, the only point of your post was to troll.

no he didn't … now run along :p

Vinylman
08-17-2018, 10:27 PM
Average attendance was still 17,019 last season and I think it will be fine again this season. I've been a fan since they played in front of hundreds at the Sports Arena. That is irrelevant. They aren't going back to that just because the Lakers got LeBron. I much prefer the position the team is in compared to what it would have been if they kept it together and went into tax hell. They are in position to re-tool quickly with or without Kawhi Leonard. This roster has Jerry West's finger prints all over it. They may have a down year(although it wouldn't surprise me if they don't) but they won't be down for long.

SMFH... West will be dead inside a year... and fwiw... the only West that matters now is Ryan West... might want to see who he is working for .

Scoots
08-17-2018, 10:51 PM
no he didn't … now run along :p

Yes he did. Bad dog!

FlashBolt
08-18-2018, 03:46 AM
Bruce Bowen did nothing wrong. He's paid to do his job, be truthful, and if he's got any personal experience with X situation, his opinion does matter. But at the same time, Clippers also did nothing wrong. If they want Kawhi and feel Bowen is a hindrance to achieving that, they are within their right to do what is best for them. Life ain't fair but this is an understandable stance from both sides.

Scoots
08-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Bruce Bowen did nothing wrong. He's paid to do his job, be truthful, and if he's got any personal experience with X situation, his opinion does matter. But at the same time, Clippers also did nothing wrong. If they want Kawhi and feel Bowen is a hindrance to achieving that, they are within their right to do what is best for them. Life ain't fair but this is an understandable stance from both sides.

The thing is that in modern sports he's NOT paid to be truthful, he's paid to say what his employer wants, they just want people to think he's paid to be truthful. His opinion does matter, but expressing it went against the Clippers wishes and that is part of his job. That said, I think the Clippers did do wrong in that they let it be known that his comments on Kawhi were why he was let go and not just that he wasn't good at his job.

Vinylman
08-18-2018, 10:23 AM
The thing is that in modern sports he's NOT paid to be truthful, he's paid to say what his employer wants, they just want people to think he's paid to be truthful. His opinion does matter, but expressing it went against the Clippers wishes and that is part of his job. That said, I think the Clippers did do wrong in that they let it be known that his comments on Kawhi were why he was let go and not just that he wasn't good at his job.

bingo... anyone with a brain (probably not KL or his team) would know that appearance over substance is the clipps go to move.

Jamiecballer
08-18-2018, 10:40 AM

Anyway, there really was no point to your post.Except pointing out the foolishly illogical point of yours.

Vinylman
08-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Except pointing out the foolishly illogical point of yours.

LMFAO... not that you are worth my time but if saying Toronto significantly improves their chances of retaining KL if they makes the finals is illogical then I simply must question your baseline intelligence...

that is all

Jamiecballer
08-19-2018, 04:11 PM
LMFAO... not that you are worth my time but if saying Toronto significantly improves their chances of retaining KL if they makes the finals is illogical then I simply must question your baseline intelligence...

that is all

wait, so that's what you said? are you sure? good, i'm glad you've come around to admitting it. so when i said that they actually do have a chance to make the finals then i guess there must have been a point to my reply after all huh

goingfor28
08-20-2018, 12:35 AM
He sucked at play by play anyways. Adios.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scoots
08-20-2018, 09:44 AM
He sucked at play by play anyways. Adios.

Wasn't he being paid to be the color guy, not the play by play guy?

Vinylman
08-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Wasn't he being paid to be the color guy, not the play by play guy?

wow... you called him a colored guy …

damn