PDA

View Full Version : PSD Preseason Team Power Rankings #6

Rivera
08-13-2018, 11:08 AM
To generate more discussion, I thought it could be fun to debate and have a pre season NBA rankings before anyone hits the floor. We can look back and laugh at how wrong we were or boast about how right we were

To put some structure behind this, I want to rank the best teams in terms of title contenders. Most of PSD feels GSW will sleep walk to another title this season with the addition of DMC so I will rank them as the defacto #1 with no voting.

Who would you rank as the 2nd best team? I will leave the poll open for the weekend, and continue this every other day (minus weekends) - (M/W/F)

Who are you ranking as the 2nd best team in the NBA

(Poll: If I left out a team you feel deserves to be in the poll, please add the team below in this thread)

Lets Debate!

PSD Power Rankings:

1) Golden State Warriors
2) Houston Rockets
3) Boston Celtics
4) Toronto Raptors
5) OKC Thunder

mngopher35
08-13-2018, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't say we are 6th but considering there would be 13 teams included at this point I think Wolves should be added to the list of teams to choose from (we beat out Nuggets last year for the spot and Butler hopefully stays healthy this year).

We were 10th in SRS last year despite said injury and Towns should still be improving as well.

mightybosstone
08-13-2018, 07:22 PM
I still think you guys seriously overrated OKC and seriously underrated Philly.

warfelg
08-13-2018, 07:28 PM

Thanks for saying it.

mightybosstone
08-13-2018, 07:52 PM
Thanks for saying it.

I mean, Philly finished with the 5th best record in the league last season with Simmons as a rookie, Embiid playing in the first "full" season of his career and Fulltz providing essentially nothing. If those three guys get even 10-15 percent better collectively, that's potentially a 55-57 win team.

warfelg
08-13-2018, 07:53 PM
I mean, Philly finished with the 5th best record in the league last season with Simmons as a rookie, Embiid playing in the first "full" season of his career and Fulltz providing essentially nothing. If those three guys get even 10-15 percent better collectively, that's potentially a 55-57 win team.

Yup. I think Utah is a tad overrated too. Its funny how there's expected growth from some young teams and not from others. Truly amazing double standard.

mightybosstone
08-13-2018, 08:20 PM
Yup. I think Utah is a tad overrated too. Its funny how there's expected growth from some young teams and not from others. Truly amazing double standard.

People also aren't factoring in the difference in conferences. By the sheer nature of an easier schedule and less talent in the East, Philly is more likely to finish with a better record, a higher seed and a deeper playoff run than OKC and Utah. So even if the talent between the teams is equal (which I'm not sure it is), the team in the East is far more likely to end up with a bette result at the end of the season.

GREATNESS ONE
08-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Lmao, start the season.

mrblisterdundee
08-14-2018, 01:26 AM

There's just so much uncertainty with Philadelphia, and being good in the east doesn't mean as much. Will Embiid be healthy? Will Simmons learn to shoot? Can Fultz play meaningful basketball?
I tend to be optimistic about Philadelphia, and they improved massively last season, but I can understand why people aren't buying in just yet. Give it another season. Hopefully Fultz changes some minds.

mrblisterdundee
08-14-2018, 01:32 AM

People are drunk on Mitchell. He had a great rookie campaign, but he was an average shooter, and now he's going to be the most hounded player on the Jazz. They need another alpha scorer to do anything, especially with how one-way Gobert is. It's so frustrating how awesome they could be if Hayward hadn't punked out.

ewing
08-14-2018, 01:42 AM
People are drunk on Mitchell. He had a great rookie campaign, but he was an average shooter, and now he's going to be the most hounded player on the Jazz. They need another alpha scorer to do anything, especially with how one-way Gobert is. It's so frustrating how awesome they could be if Hayward hadn't punked out.

They need Rudy to stay on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
08-14-2018, 01:59 AM

Couldn’t agree more.

Rivera
08-14-2018, 08:49 AM
Yea PSD for sure overrated OKC. I wouldn’t have picked OKC over Utah or Philly. I may not have even chose OKC over the Lakers but it is what it is

I still like Utah’s depth more than Philly

Rivera
08-14-2018, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't say we are 6th but considering there would be 13 teams included at this point I think Wolves should be added to the list of teams to choose from (we beat out Nuggets last year for the spot and Butler hopefully stays healthy this year).

We were 10th in SRS last year despite said injury and Towns should still be improving as well.

I will add Minnesota next poll. Any other teams PSD?

warfelg
08-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Yea PSD for sure overrated OKC. I wouldn’t have picked OKC over Utah or Philly. I may not have even chose OKC over the Lakers but it is what it is

I still like Utah’s depth more than Philly

Crowder, Burks, Exum, Udoh, O'Neale

VS

McConnell, Muscala, Johnson, Chandler, Fultz

I think that's more of a tossup than anything.

GREATNESS ONE
08-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Vs

Rondo-Hart-Stephenson-Kuzma-Beasley

Rivera
08-14-2018, 10:47 AM
Crowder, Burks, Exum, Udoh, O'Neale

VS

McConnell, Muscala, Johnson, Chandler, Fultz

I think that's more of a tossup than anything.

in my opinion Utah's bench you listed is more dependable than the 76ers reserves you named.

I still dont know which Fultz im getting, Chandler scored 0 points in a win or go home game he played significant minutes and looked washed last year, hopefully he bounces back but he looked washed. I feel Crowder/Burks/O'Neale can provide more production than the names you listed and its mainly because I dont know what to expect or what im getting with Fultz.

Fultz work out videos look great this offseason, but so did Melo last year and hoodie Melo was made into a myth last offseason. He went on to have his worst season as a pro.

I hope Fultz can bounce back, it would add another much needed dimension to Philly but until I see more than what I saw from last season I just dont know. Im not counting him out at all, I just dont know what to expect

dhopisthename
08-15-2018, 02:01 AM
just a minor note, but burks probably doesn't get much run its going to be Thabo.

Heediot
08-15-2018, 08:31 AM
People understimating the jumps some of these players with young guns are going to make.

Philly-Lakers-Denver-Donovan Mitchell all have young guys that can/will probably get better.

OTOH, people thought the Wolves last year were going to get a tonne better with Wiggins and Towns making strides forward too. we will see we will see....