PDA

View Full Version : Predict the East and the West; who finishes where?

Pages : [1] 2

Tg11
08-11-2018, 08:52 PM
My East and West predictions are as follows as far as the standings go:

1- BOS
2- TOR (if Kawhi is healthy pre-injury Kawhi)
3- PHI
4- WAS
5- MIA
6- MIL
7- IND
8- NYK
9- CLE
10- DET
11- CHI
12- CHA
13- BRK
14- ATL
15- ORL

Which sets up the following playoff match-ups in the East

(1) BOS vs (8) NYK= BOS
(2) TOR vs (7) IND= TOR
(3) PHI vs (6) MIL= PHI
(4) WAS vs (5) MIA= WAS

2nd Round

(1) BOS vs (4) WAS= BOS
(2) TOR vs (3) PHI= TOR

ECF

(1) BOS vs (2) TOR= BOS in NBA Finals coming out of the East

West

1- GSW
2- HOU
3- UTA
4- POR
5- OKC
6- LAL
7- SAS
8- MIN
9- LAC
10- NOP
11- DEN
12- DAL
13- PHX
14- SAC
15- MEM

Which sets up the following playoff scenarios in the West:

(1) Warriors vs (8) Timberwolves= GSW
(2) Rockets vs (7) Spurs= HOU
(3) Jazz vs (6) Lakers= LAL
(4) Trailblazers vs (5) Thunder= OKC

2nd Round

(1) GSW vs (5) OKC= OKC in a shocking upset dethrone the Warriors
(2) HOU vs (6) LAL= HOU

WCF

(5) OKC vs (2) HOU= HOU coming out of the West to go to the NBA Finals

2019 NBA Finals- Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets

basch152
08-11-2018, 09:46 PM
😂😂 this guy has westys stat whoring *** beating the warriors.

I envision that series about to be a sweep in game four down by 2 west has the ball with a wide open 3 but passes the ball because he has 9 assists

Scoots
08-11-2018, 10:36 PM
Portland above OKC but OKC goes to conference finals?
Memphis dead last?
Denver 11th?
Clippers 9th?

Doesn't seem based on anything I can think of.

Cal827
08-12-2018, 12:19 AM
:laugh2:

Guys it's his personal predictions, don't go after him that badly for what he thinks; it's his own opinion. There's a way to politely counter what someone else thinks.

I think it might turn out like:

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Toronto
4. Pacers
5. Milwaukee
6. Detroit
7. Washington
8. Miami
9. Charlotte
10. Cleveland
11. Chicago
12. Brooklyn
13. New York (Does a Knick fan know, is Porzingis going to be ready for the start of the year?)
14. Atlanta
15. Orlando

** I have Toronto lower than Philly because I expect them to start off a bit slower as Kawhi gets adapted to their system. I see Philly being hot off the gate, and being able to pull away far enough to hold the seed. Hopefully Nurse is a good coach or they could fall even further down :laugh2:

Boston over Miami in 5
Toronto over Detroit in 7 (Casey almost gets Revenge :laugh2:)
Philly over Washington in 7 (Wall dominates, but Embiid is too much for Howard)
Milwaukee over Pacers in 7

Boston over Milwaukee in 6
Toronto over Philly in 7

Boston over Toronto in 7 games

Of course, this is assuming that each of the injured guys can come back and play (at least for the most part) as well as they did before a surgery. Boston just has too many weapons and at least at this moment (since Nurse hasn't proved anything yet) a coach who would be the best in the league, if we didn't have the Lebron of coaches still around (Poppovich).

West:

1. Golden State
2. Houston
3. San Antonio
4. Utah
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. New Orleans
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Denver Nuggets
9. Minnesota Timberwolves
10. Portland Trail Blazers
11. Los Angeles Clippers
12. Sacramento
13. Dallas
14. Phoenix
15. Memphis

Minnesota's Turmoil ends up costing them dearly, and I feel that the Blazers might have an off year too. Not because they're necessarily bad, but teams around them added guys to get better ( Eg Lakers, Spurs, Pelicans, etc)

Golden State over Denver in 5 games
Houston over Lakers in 7 games (Match-up Nighmare for the Rockets)
Pelicans over Spurs in 6 games (Anthony Davis Domination)
OKC Thunder over Jazz in 7 games (A healthy Roberson makes their wing defense elite)

Warriors over Thunder in 6 games
Houston over Pelicans in 6 games

Warriors over Houston in 5 games (I'm one of the people who feel that their loss of defense at the 3 for Carmelo could potentially be fatal to this team. In the final 5 games of that series, Durant was only shooting 41% from the field and 37 from 3 thanks to the defense of their wings. The fact that they were still kinda in the game after all those missed 3s is something else).

Final

Warriors over Boston in 7 games.

The Celtics have the best shot in the league in defeating the Warriors IMO, but I just don't see any team beating a starting lineup of Curry-Thompson-Durant-Green-Cousins with a solid bench and coach 4 games out of 7, unless someone gets injured. They'll do enough to put a scare into them, but the Warriors will likely blast them in game 7 for the first 3 peat since the Lakers.

Now seeing how my predictions went last year, I'm going to order a new flock of crows tomorrow as a precaution :laugh2:

kobe4thewinbang
08-12-2018, 01:25 AM
My East and West predictions are as follows as far as the standings go:

1- BOS
2- TOR (if Kawhi is healthy pre-injury Kawhi)
3- PHI
4- WAS
5- MIA
6- MIL
7- IND
8- NYK
9- CLE
10- DET
11- CHI
12- CHA
13- BRK
14- ATL
15- ORL

Which sets up the following playoff match-ups in the East

(1) BOS vs (8) NYK= BOS
(2) TOR vs (7) IND= TOR
(3) PHI vs (6) MIL= PHI
(4) WAS vs (5) MIA= WAS

2nd Round

(1) BOS vs (4) WAS= BOS
(2) TOR vs (3) PHI= TOR

ECF

(1) BOS vs (2) TOR= BOS in NBA Finals coming out of the East

West

1- GSW
2- HOU
3- UTA
4- POR
5- OKC
6- LAL
7- SAS
8- MIN
9- LAC
10- NOP
11- DEN
12- DAL
13- PHX
14- SAC
15- MEM

Which sets up the following playoff scenarios in the West:

(1) Warriors vs (8) Timberwolves= GSW
(2) Rockets vs (7) Spurs= HOU
(3) Jazz vs (6) Lakers= LAL
(4) Trailblazers vs (5) Thunder= OKC

2nd Round

(1) GSW vs (5) OKC= OKC in a shocking upset dethrone the Warriors
(2) HOU vs (6) LAL= HOU

WCF

(5) OKC vs (2) HOU= HOU coming out of the West to go to the NBA Finals

2019 NBA Finals- Boston Celtics vs Houston RocketsNice thread!

I don't think the OKC Thunder are capable of knocking out the Warriors. I think a team like the Lakers (they played well against them almost every time, especially with better roster now) or Spurs would be up to that task. I will say though that the Thunder won't have to worry about incorporating Carmelo into the action, so they may actually be better than last season. Westbrook basically is back to the KD/Westbrook dynamic. Their roster still needs work, but maybe Shroeder can be effective in a Reggie Jackson type of role.

Portland I don't think will be #4. I think eventually their continuous post-season letdowns will bleed into the season record. They've somehow eluded this outcome, especially after a rough start last or the year before season. But I sense it's time to move on from the poor man's Splash Bros and maybe even move Lillard instead.

The east, I think looks mostly right. I wish Orlando won't be the worst seed again, but it's hard to say. It would be nice to see the Knicks make it next season, depends on Hardaway actually earning that money and how healthy Porzingis is. Hopefully Fizdale has an impact and they at least have a decent coach for once. Indiana I think will probably be higher than #7 but it's hard to say with how close the east teams tend to be every year.

Milwaukee I don't know about. Giannis has been all talk, no action since rising to fame. Time to make the playoffs FFS. Chicago will be semi-interesting, wonder how well LaVine will play. Washington I don't know about. They've been very up and down the past few seasons. I'm rooting for the Nets to improve. We'll see.

Honestly, so many teams in the lower half seeds of the east are a hot mess in one way or another. I think it'll definitely be one of the trio (Celtics, Raptors, 76ers). My pick is Boston, especially with Kyrie & Hayward back in action. LeBron is Le-Gone and I wish the 76ers would rise to the top just to see Embiid and those boys versus the Warriors. Would've been more interesting with LeBron in red, white and blue but oh well. Celtics I think would have a chance with Stevens' system. I'm also hoping Kawhi has a strong bounce-back year. Shame how much better of a chance the Spurs had with Kawhi versus his chances of beating GSW with the Raptors.

Western Conference...

I think the Lakers will make the playoffs and maybe even reach the WCF. As a Lakers fan I am very excited as it's been dreadful for the past few seasons. I didn't think LeBron would actually go for the Lakers, but it's freaking awesome! I don't care what anyone else thinks. I am very happy! I'm also glad they didn't trade my boys for Kawhi, even though I kinda want to see Ingram as a Spur and might do that on 2K...thinking about it.

I definitely don't see any team with LeBron James being eliminated in the first round, so that is also exciting. I hope the Jimmy Butler experiment goes well with Minnesota, but I could see them sliding out of the playoffs for a team like Denver or New Orleans, especially with Towns having a bad playoffs last season. Wiggins, it's time to earn that money.

The Grizzlies are completely confused so I could see them having a fire sale at the deadline. Watching them suffer was hard to withstand last season. They need to make a choice: rebuild or retool. But it's time.

The Spurs I think will definitely make the playoffs. I hope DeRozan has a good season and acclimates well.

This stuff is hard to predict though and I enjoy the "Eat Crow" threads later in the season, ha-ha! :p

I'm curious to see this Doncic guy in Dallas and Phoenix's roster is definitely intriguing. It's definitely going to be a better season, and I really felt like last season was better than the one before. Plus my Lakers are back, baby!

Dade County
08-12-2018, 02:07 AM
ECF Playoff teams that make the playoffs (in no seeding order).

76ers
Boston
Bucks
Miami
Wiz
Pistons
indy
?

I believe the Raps will have to trade Kawhi a little before the 25th of December. Pacers regress, Pistons play improve, Kemba gets traded, the rest fight it out for the final spot, until the end.

HEAT vs 76ers ECF
76ers make the Finals.

WCF Playoff teams that make the playoffs (in no seeding order).

Warriors
Lakers
N.O
Portland
Spurs
Houston
OKC

Minny , Utah & Den fight for the final 8th place spot.

Lakers vs Warriors WCF
(Forced game 7, like last season WCF) Warriors win.

Warriors 4-0, 76ers.

Jamiecballer
08-12-2018, 09:12 AM

76ers
Boston
Bucks
Miami
Wiz
Pistons
indy
?

I believe the Raps will have to trade Kawhi a little before the 25th of December. Pacers regress, Pistons play improve, Kemba gets traded, the rest fight it out for the final spot, until the end.

HEAT vs 76ers ECF
76ers make the Finals.

Warriors
Lakers
N.O
Portland
Spurs
Houston
OKC

Lakers vs Warriors WCF

Warriors 4-0, 76ers.If your prediction is correct and the Raptors trade Kawhi before the new year, AND dont make the playoffs, I will cry [emoji26]

However, I can definitely see the Raptors failing to engage Kawhi in this situation but I still think it's a stretch to think they wont make the playoffs. Last years team without DeRozan is still an easy playoff team.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

TylerSL
08-12-2018, 11:06 AM
I'm not going to predict how the playoff go because I think it's too early for that and we don't yet know how some of these teams will be fully constructed by the time the season starts. That said, we do have a pretty good idea of who will and won't be good. This is how I see the conferences stacking up.

Eastern Conference
1. Boston Celtics 63-19
2. Toronto Raptors 61-21
3. Philadelphia 76ers 57-25
4. Indiana Pacers 51-31
5. Miami Heat 47-35
6. Milwaukee Bucks 44-38
7. Detroit Pistons 43-39
8. Washington Wizards 41-41
9. Charlotte Hornets 38-44
10. New York Knicks 36-46
11. Brooklyn Nets 35-47
12. Atlanta Hawks 28-54
13. Chicago Bulls 26-56
14. Cleveland Cavaliers 25-57
15. Orlando Magic 20-62

All three of the Celtics, Raptors, and 76ers will be atop the Eastern Conference standings at some point during the season and the Pacers will also be strong. Toronto will be a much different team with Kawhi than with Derozan, and I expect they will be even better than last year. Jason Taytum will show a lot of improvement this season and I actually think he'll be an All Star this season, and he will help lead Boston to the top of the conference. Philly will be improved as well, but I don't see them on the same level as Boston or Toronto yet. The middle teams in the conference (Indiana, Miami, and Milwuakee) will all be good teams that make the playoffs, but they just can't compete with the top of the conference. I see Detroit and Washington squeaking in because the other teams are not good enough. I think New York will be improved and closer to contention now that they have a real coach, they just won't be in the playoffs because Porzingis will be out too long. Everyone else in the East will just be sad to watch.

Western Conference
1. Houston Rockets-64-18
2. Golden State Warriors 56-26
3. Los Angeles Lakers 55-27
4. New Orleans Pelicans 50-32
5. Utah Jazz 49-33
6. Oklahoma City Thunder 48-34
7. Denver Nuggets 47-35
8. San Antonio Spurs 46-36
9. Portland Trailblazers 45-37
10. Minnesota Timberwolves 36-46
11. Los Angeles Clippers 31-51
12. Sacramento Kings 28-54
13. Dallas Mavericks 26-56
14. Phoenix Suns 20-62
15. Memphis Grizzlies 14-68

The Rockets will come back next year with a vengeance after injury and misfortune derailed their chances at a championship last season. I think the Rockets will lead the conference basically wire to wire and hope that health can stay on their side come playoff time. I think the Lakers will be better than people think. Not only will they be good, but the NBA will revolve around the Los Angeles Lakers. I think Lebron is going to have his best season next year and the young players will continue to improve. Last season we saw Golden State struggle to get through the regular season more than we usually do, in part because they are conserving themselves for the playoffs, but also because of a deeper conference. I see that trend continuing this year and we will have a real race between the Warriors/Lakers for the second seed, and home court advantage in round 2. I see everyone else (teams 3-9) being extremely close and fighting each other for positioning all season. I think Denver is going to be really good next year and can't see them missing out, nor can I see the Spurs missing out. The Kawhi-less Spurs won 47 games season last season, and they are adding Demar Derozan. While I see them winning one less game, mostly because the conference is so good, they will actually be a better team. I can't see the Spurs missing the playoffs so the team that I think will be left out is the Portland Trailblazers. Portland got on a roll last year and earned the #3 seed in the playoffs, but they got exposed once the playoffs began. I think they will be a really good team, but there are too many good teams in the West and someone has to miss, I say it's them. As for the T-Wolves, I see them falling off a cliff. Reports say that Butler and Towns don't get along, and the whole team thinks Wiggins is lazy. Thibs has always ran his team too hard and I don't see it changing. I think Minnesota is going to implode in a bad way next season and we could see Butler on the trading block before the deadline. Nobody else in the West will be able to do anything and they will all probably end up tanking to some degree.

Heediot
08-12-2018, 11:10 AM
I know you like to create threads but the power rankings threads will gauge people's opinions of where team's stand. Some of the threads you create are redundant IMO.

c.c.
08-12-2018, 11:23 AM
East

1. Boston
2. Philadelphia
3. Washington
4. Toronto
5. Milwaukee
6. Indiana
7. Detroit
8. Chicago
9. Miami
10. Charlotte
11. Cleveland
12. Orlando
13. Brooklyn
14. New York
15. Atlanta

West

1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Utah
4. Oklahoma City
5. Portland
6. San Antonio
7. Minnesota
8. New Orleans
9. Denver
10. Dallas
11. Memphis
12. LAL
13. Phoenix
14. LAC
15. Sacramento

Playoffs

1st round
(1) Boston vs. (8) Chicago = Boston wins
(4) Toronto vs. (5) Milwaukee = Toronto wins
(3) Washington vs. (6) Indiana = Washington wins
(2) Philadelphia vs (7) Detroit = Philadelphia wins
Conference semifinals

Boston vs. Toronto = Boston wins
Washington vs. Philadelphia = Washington upsets Philly
Conference finals

Boston vs. Washington = Boston wins

West
1st round
(1) Houston vs. (2) New Orleans = Houston wins
(4) OKC vs. (5) Portland = Portland upsets OKC
(3) Utah vs. (6) San Antonio = SA upsets Utah
(2) GS vs. Minnesota = GS wins
Conference semifinals

Houston vs. Portland = Houston wins
GS vs. San Antonio = GS wins
Conference finals

Houston vs. Golden State = Houston wins

NBA Finals

Houston Rockets defeats the Boston Celtics to win the 2019 NBA championship!!!
CP3, Harden, and Melo finally wins a championship

kobe4thewinbang
08-12-2018, 08:45 PM
I'm not going to predict how the playoff go because I think it's too early for that and we don't yet know how some of these teams will be fully constructed by the time the season starts. That said, we do have a pretty good idea of who will and won't be good. This is how I see the conferences stacking up.

Eastern Conference
1. Boston Celtics 63-19
2. Toronto Raptors 61-21
3. Philadelphia 76ers 57-25
4. Indiana Pacers 51-31
5. Miami Heat 47-35
6. Milwaukee Bucks 44-38
7. Detroit Pistons 43-39
8. Washington Wizards 41-41
9. Charlotte Hornets 38-44
10. New York Knicks 36-46
11. Brooklyn Nets 35-47
12. Atlanta Hawks 28-54
13. Chicago Bulls 26-56
14. Cleveland Cavaliers 25-57
15. Orlando Magic 20-62

All three of the Celtics, Raptors, and 76ers will be atop the Eastern Conference standings at some point during the season and the Pacers will also be strong. Toronto will be a much different team with Kawhi than with Derozan, and I expect they will be even better than last year. Jason Taytum will show a lot of improvement this season and I actually think he'll be an All Star this season, and he will help lead Boston to the top of the conference. Philly will be improved as well, but I don't see them on the same level as Boston or Toronto yet. The middle teams in the conference (Indiana, Miami, and Milwuakee) will all be good teams that make the playoffs, but they just can't compete with the top of the conference. I see Detroit and Washington squeaking in because the other teams are not good enough. I think New York will be improved and closer to contention now that they have a real coach, they just won't be in the playoffs because Porzingis will be out too long. Everyone else in the East will just be sad to watch.

Western Conference
1. Houston Rockets-64-18
2. Golden State Warriors 56-26
3. Los Angeles Lakers 55-27
4. New Orleans Pelicans 50-32
5. Utah Jazz 49-33
6. Oklahoma City Thunder 48-34
7. Denver Nuggets 47-35
8. San Antonio Spurs 46-36
9. Portland Trailblazers 45-37
10. Minnesota Timberwolves 36-46
11. Los Angeles Clippers 31-51
12. Sacramento Kings 28-54
13. Dallas Mavericks 26-56
14. Phoenix Suns 20-62
15. Memphis Grizzlies 14-68

The Rockets will come back next year with a vengeance after injury and misfortune derailed their chances at a championship last season. I think the Rockets will lead the conference basically wire to wire and hope that health can stay on their side come playoff time. I think the Lakers will be better than people think. Not only will they be good, but the NBA will revolve around the Los Angeles Lakers. I think Lebron is going to have his best season next year and the young players will continue to improve. Last season we saw Golden State struggle to get through the regular season more than we usually do, in part because they are conserving themselves for the playoffs, but also because of a deeper conference. I see that trend continuing this year and we will have a real race between the Warriors/Lakers for the second seed, and home court advantage in round 2. I see everyone else (teams 3-9) being extremely close and fighting each other for positioning all season. I think Denver is going to be really good next year and can't see them missing out, nor can I see the Spurs missing out. The Kawhi-less Spurs won 47 games season last season, and they are adding Demar Derozan. While I see them winning one less game, mostly because the conference is so good, they will actually be a better team. I can't see the Spurs missing the playoffs so the team that I think will be left out is the Portland Trailblazers. Portland got on a roll last year and earned the #3 seed in the playoffs, but they got exposed once the playoffs began. I think they will be a really good team, but there are too many good teams in the West and someone has to miss, I say it's them. As for the T-Wolves, I see them falling off a cliff. Reports say that Butler and Towns don't get along, and the whole team thinks Wiggins is lazy. Thibs has always ran his team too hard and I don't see it changing. I think Minnesota is going to implode in a bad way next season and we could see Butler on the trading block before the deadline. Nobody else in the West will be able to do anything and they will all probably end up tanking to some degree.Quality post. It would be nice to see the Rockets get over the hump next time. If they make a trade to supplement losing Ariza (rumors say yes), then I think they're basically the same team. Minnesota I could definitely see imploding, nice thoughts. Agree about the Spurs. I hope the Lakers have a stronger year than most are predicting. Come on, it's LeBron. I'll definitely take joy in more Lakers games!! I think Love's Cavs won't be THAT bad in the east, though.

Legitimate
08-12-2018, 09:46 PM

76ers
Boston
Bucks
Miami
Wiz
Pistons
indy
?

HEAT vs 76ers ECF
76ers make the Finals.

Warriors
Lakers
N.O
Portland
Spurs
Houston
OKC

Lakers vs Warriors WCF

Warriors 4-0, 76ers.

i want what this guy is smoking must be pretty damn good if you have the raptors not making the playoffs next year LOL, that should be considered trolling at this point, its beyond ridiculous

basch152
08-12-2018, 10:15 PM
i want what this guy is smoking must be pretty damn good if you have the raptors not making the playoffs next year LOL, that should be considered trolling at this point, its beyond ridiculous

I mean if Kawhi doesnt come back the same and doesnt care for playing in Toronto or forced his way out I guess it's a legitimate possibility, not something I'd bet on though

mrblisterdundee
08-13-2018, 02:44 AM
East:
1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Philadelphia
4. Milwaukee
5. Washington
6. Indiana
7. Miami
8. Detroit

West:
1. Oakland
2. Houston
3. Oklahoma
4. Utah
5. San Antonio
6. New Orleans
7. Portland
8. Denver

DanG
08-13-2018, 03:30 AM
Yeah The Lakers are not gonna make the playoffs. Have fun betting against LeBron you wannabe experts.

Rockets are overrated. They have CARMELO ANTHONY, what else needs to be said?

OKC is a top 3 team in the West

I have no reason to believe Raptors are true contenders in the East. They got Kawhi who is a question mark at this point, plus an aging Kyle Lowry is their 2nd option. Meh.

By playoff time:

Warriors > Lakers > Thunder > Rockets > Spurs
Celtics > Sixers > Raptors

TheDish87
08-13-2018, 09:02 AM
East:

1. Sixers (basically have the same team back with some upgrades, Fultz is key in this seed)
2. Celtics (Pecking order is gonna change and it might take some times to solidify roles)
3. Pacers (Getting slept on)
4. Raptors
5. Wizards
6. Bucks
7. Pistons
8. Heat

West:

1. Thunder (Yes, seriously)
2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Wolves
7. Lakers
8. Grizzlies

Heediot
08-13-2018, 09:06 AM
I think Pacers are slightly over-rated just because they took Cleveland to 7 They were a bad matchup for Cle. They are still a good team, but I think Mil and Was are just as capable and may be even better.

Heediot
08-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Yeah The Lakers are not gonna make the playoffs. Have fun betting against LeBron you wannabe experts.

I have no reason to believe Raptors are true contenders in the East. They got Kawhi who is a question mark at this point, plus an aging Kyle Lowry is their 2nd option. Meh.

By playoff time:

Raptors defense might be the best in the league though, that has to count for a lot. Elite defense combined with a respectable/top 10 offense is still a recipe for a title. They have two seasoned champs to help close out series and win big games now too. The question is if Kawhi can return to form of a couple years ago and also if he buys in.

TheDish87
08-13-2018, 10:04 AM
I think Pacers are slightly over-rated just because they took Cleveland to 7 They were a bad matchup for Cle. They are still a good team, but I think Mil and Was are just as capable and may be even better.

i agree and if Howard can find his form and not be a locker room issue the Wiz could easily be in that top 3 discussion but im just so used to them underachieving. I dont really think the Bucks are all that good, pretty crappy constructed team around Giannis and he still needs to learn to shoot and make better decisions.

Ishkabibble
08-13-2018, 12:52 PM
West
1st round
(1) Houston vs. (2) New Orleans = Houston wins
(4) OKC vs. (5) Portland = Portland upsets OKC
(3) Utah vs. (6) San Antonio = SA upsets Utah
(2) GS vs. Minnesota = GS wins
Conference semifinals

Houston vs. Portland = Houston wins
GS vs. San Antonio = GS wins
Conference finals

Houston vs. Golden State = Houston wins

NBA Finals

Houston Rockets defeats the Boston Celtics to win the 2019 NBA championship!!!
CP3, Harden, and Melo finally wins a championship
--------------------------------------------------
I dunno man; Rockets took a step backwards losing Ariza and M'bah a Moute and replacing them with Carmelo.
They need a defensive-minded Forward in a big way.
And that's not Kent Bazemore, though he would help but it's being reported this would be the hang up;

---- Atlanta would be open to taking Ryan Andersonís remaining $41 million back, but would need draft pick + one of Houstonís young guys. A package of Anderson, DeAnthony Melton and a 2019 first might be enough to get a deal done, but Houston is high on Melton and his upside.

Obviously getting rid of Anderson would be huge but at what price? I also like Melton and Houston would have to throw in a #1 as well? Damn...

TheDish87
08-13-2018, 01:22 PM
this post looks contradictory

Jamiecballer
08-13-2018, 01:31 PM
I dont have the investment in the entire nba that you guys do so I'm only posting my top 4 in each conference

West
1. GS
2. OKC
3. HOU
4. UTA

East
1. TOR
2. BOS
3. MIL
4. PHI

c.c.
08-13-2018, 05:45 PM
@Ishkabibble As a stated on PSD before I hate that we lost Luc and Ariza but itís not that devastating.

Luc didnít contribute much during the playoffs, he was hurt.

Ariza was the primary defender on KD and KD still gave us buckets. Ariza also went 0-9 from three and 0-12 period. KD went 11-21 from the field and 5-11 from three.

For a quote on quote ď3 and DĒ player, he didnít D up anyone or knock down a single three pointer in the most important game of the season.

Ariza was a fan favorite here but since he signed with Phoenix, everyone speaks on him like he was the second coming of Scottie Pippin.

Iím ready to see what James Ennis ||| gonna do as our defensive wing or what kinda tricks Morey gonna pull out the bag.

With all that being said, Ariza and Luc has became overrated since their departure. The Rockets will be fine without them.

c.c.
08-13-2018, 05:50 PM
As for you Laker fans, you are entitled to your own opinion about the Rockets. Just like I am entitled to my own opinion about the Lakers.

I know Bron has carried journey men and prospects to the playoffs and even the NBA Finals before.

Itís a big difference now, he is in the West!

Itís just a lot teams that others and myself feels more confident in our West than the Lakers.

Sorry not sorry.

Htownballa1622
08-13-2018, 05:55 PM
I love Lebron but if you think he's making it to the wcf with that **** show of a supporting cast then good luck to you.

I could see about 4 other teams ahead of the Lakers.

Rox, Gs, Jazz, Thunder

Htownballa1622
08-13-2018, 05:56 PM
@Ishkabibble As a stated on PSD before I hate that we lost Luc and Ariza but itís not that devastating.

Luc didnít contribute much during the playoffs, he was hurt.

Ariza was the primary defender on KD and KD still gave us buckets. Ariza also went 0-9 from three and 0-12 period. KD went 11-21 from the field and 5-11 from three.

For a quote on quote ď3 and DĒ player, he didnít D up anyone or knock down a single three pointer in the most important game of the season.

Ariza was a fan favorite here but since he signed with Phoenix, everyone speaks on him like he was the second coming of Scottie Pippin.

Iím ready to see what James Ennis ||| gonna do as our defensive wing or what kinda tricks Morey gonna pull out the bag.

With all that people said, Ariza and Luc has became overrated since their departure. The Rockets will be fine without them.

No joke. You would think Ariza is a fringe all star the way everyone is hyping him up. Ennis is a serviceable replacement.

Scoots
08-13-2018, 07:16 PM
No joke. You would think Ariza is a fringe all star the way everyone is hyping him up. Ennis is a serviceable replacement.

Ariza certainly was REALLY bad when it mattered most, but the Rockets defensive rating and record were helped a lot by Ariza and Mbah a Moute. Ennis is an okay defender, and an okay offensive player ... but the fall off on D is going to be big I think. That said I still think the Rockets are the #2 team in the West followed by the Jazz/OKC.

ZH721
08-13-2018, 10:43 PM
East:

1. Sixers (basically have the same team back with some upgrades, Fultz is key in this seed)
2. Celtics (Pecking order is gonna change and it might take some times to solidify roles)
3. Pacers (Getting slept on)
4. Raptors
5. Wizards
6. Bucks
7. Pistons
8. Heat

West:

2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Wolves
7. Lakers
8. Grizzlies

Yikes.

ewing
08-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Ariza certainly was REALLY bad when it mattered most, but the Rockets defensive rating and record were helped a lot by Ariza and Mbah a Moute. Ennis is an okay defender, and an okay offensive player ... but the fall off on D is going to be big I think. That said I still think the Rockets are the #2 team in the West followed by the Jazz/OKC.

I like Mbah a lot more then Trevor. Seems like Ariza is pretty overrated around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhino17
08-14-2018, 04:01 AM

Like every other rockets fan has mentioned, Mbah a Moute was a complete non-factor in the playoffs and the end of the season. He was hurt and barely played. Acting like losing him is gonna make any difference is nuts. They went to 7 games against the warriors w/o cp3 and Mbah A Moute made ZERO contribution to that effort.

Ariza was a loss. Ariza is not someone that can't be replaced. CP3, PJ, and Clint were all more important defensive players last season.

TheDish87
08-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Yikes.

sweet response.

ZH721
08-14-2018, 09:52 AM
sweet response.

Philly #1? During their 16 game win streak, they only had 3 games against playoff teams. One was an 8th seed, another was a 2 point win. Quiet the mirage that was proven when the Celtics took care of them in 5 games without their two best players.

OKC #1? Even if the Warriors go on cruise control, OKC still isnít finishing ahead of them.

Grizzlies over the Nuggets, Pelicans, and Blazers? The Grizzlies will be fighting for a top 3 pick.

Htownballa1622
08-14-2018, 10:17 AM

You're right but Mbah a Moute was basically helpless since his 2 shoulder injuries and we were also 14-1 iirc w/o Ariza. Ultimately losing them isn't ideal, but I think we are still easily the second best team in the league.

Rockets are bringing back the best backcourt in the league with a top 5 center and a top 2 6th man while having glue guys like Tucker, Green, etc.

Now we add Melo for vet minimum. So if he even had his "down" year like last year, that would be huge for 2 million bucks.

As for the fall on defense, we shall see. This also isn't the team that will be going to the playoffs. There are still moves for Morey to make.

TheDish87
08-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Philly #1? During their 16 game win streak, they only had 3 games against playoff teams. One was an 8th seed, another was a 2 point win. Quiet the mirage that was proven when the Celtics took care of them in 5 games without their two best players.

OKC #1? Even if the Warriors go on cruise control, OKC still isnít finishing ahead of them.

Grizzlies over the Nuggets, Pelicans, and Blazers? The Grizzlies will be fighting for a top 3 pick.

Top 3-4 teams in the east should all be within a few games of eachother. Last year has no bearing on what i picked this year nor should it for anyone, Sixers still have the best player between them and Boston and hell probably in the East all together depending on KL and like i said its gonna be highly dependent on Fultz. This is best OKC team in a while and i think they play with a chip on their shoulder, another year of Russ and PG will be better plus they ditched Melo. Im not guaranteeing anything but **** who had the Blazers as the 3 seed last year? IF, obviously big IF the Grizz can stay pretty healthy they will compete for the playoffs and im more confident in that then they finish bottom 3.

Rivera
08-14-2018, 11:42 AM
Im gonna go:

1- BOS
2- TOR
3- PHI
4- IND
5- MIA
6- MIL
7- WAS
8- DET

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. Utah
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. OKC
6. San Antonio
7. Portland
8. New Orleans

going with a Boston v Toronto and GSW v Hou conference finals with Boston v GSW in the finals

prodigy
08-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Question about the Knicks. Isn't their best player porziginis projected to miss some of this coming season? not to mention he's injury prone. How do they make the playoffs? even in a weaker east? To the people putting knicks in the playoffs. I don't see much on that team.

MygirlhatesCod
08-14-2018, 11:57 AM
1- BOS
2- TOR
3- PHI
4- IND
5- MIL
6- WAS
7- DET
8- CLE

1. GSW
2. UTAH
3. HOUSTON
4. OKC
5. PORTLAND
6. NEW ORLEANS
7. LAKERS
8. SPURS

I put the cavs taking the last playoff spot in the east because I feel bad for them.

Utah at number 2 over Houston not because they are considerably better but I just don't think Houston wins as many RS games. I actually think Houston is closer to Utah than GS. a heathy Utah Houston series would be great to see.

it feels weird to put the spurs so low.

GS wins another one and everyone vows to not watch anymore even though ratings will be high.

MygirlhatesCod
08-14-2018, 11:59 AM
Question about the Knicks. Isn't their best player porziginis projected to miss some of this coming season? not to mention he's injury prone. How do they make the playoffs? even in a weaker east? To the people putting knicks in the playoffs. I don't see much on that team.

he should be out till at least Christmas. the only way they get in the playoffs is by buying tickets.

ZH721
08-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Top 3-4 teams in the east should all be within a few games of eachother. Last year has no bearing on what i picked this year nor should it for anyone, Sixers still have the best player between them and Boston and hell probably in the East all together depending on KL and like i said its gonna be highly dependent on Fultz.

Kawhi is the best player. And Fultz is a complete question mark.

How exactly did the Sixers get so much better?

This is best OKC team in a while and i think they play with a chip on their shoulder, another year of Russ and PG will be better plus they ditched Melo. Im not guaranteeing anything but **** who had the Blazers as the 3 seed last year? IF, obviously big IF the Grizz can stay pretty healthy they will compete for the playoffs and im more confident in that then they finish bottom 3.

OKC wonít be better than the Warriors. Unless weíre expecting two of the Warriors starters to miss most of the season? Then they might have a similar record.

The Grizzlies suck.

ZH721
08-14-2018, 12:31 PM

Theyíre not making the playoffs. Their franchise is trending up, but they have a lot of work to do, and a lot of junk to get off the roster.

TheDish87
08-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Kawhi is the best player. And Fultz is a complete question mark.

How exactly did the Sixers get so much better?

OKC wonít be better than the Warriors. Unless weíre expecting two of the Warriors starters to miss most of the season? Then they might have a similar record.

The Grizzlies suck.

how many times do have to repeat Fultz is a question mark lol. I said health pending KL is the best but who knows right now, you or I sure dont. Sixers improved the biggest weakness in perimeter defense to go along with the most productive starting 5 in the league last year. OKC probably wont but im buying into them having a bit of a fresh start and something to prove with 2 super stars still in their primes. Oh and no team with a healthy Gasol and Conley sucks. They miss too much time then yea they will suck.

TheDish87
08-14-2018, 01:32 PM

i dont think ive seen anyone pick the Knicks to make the playoffs.

MygirlhatesCod
08-14-2018, 01:48 PM
i dont think ive seen anyone pick the Knicks to make the playoffs.

op did.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Boston
Toronto
Philly
Indy
Washington
Milwaukee
Detroit
Charlotte

GS
Houston
Utah
Denver
Minnesota
OKC
New Orleans
LAL

MygirlhatesCod
08-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Boston
Toronto
Philly
Indy
Washington
Milwaukee
Detroit
Charlotte

GS
Houston
Utah
Denver
Minnesota
OKC
New Orleans
LAL

I completely forgot about the wolves. guess the 6 spot downs bumps. tough to choose between spurs and lakers.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2018, 02:27 PM
I completely forgot about the wolves. guess the 6 spot downs bumps. tough to choose between spurs and lakers.

I know the Wolves have gotten some bad pub this offseason, but even a baby step and some health, and they are right in the mix for HCA.

MygirlhatesCod
08-14-2018, 02:32 PM
I know the Wolves have gotten some bad pub this offseason, but even a baby step and some health, and they are right in the mix for HCA.

same could be said for the spurs. they added Derozan to a 7th seed team in the west. KL isn't really a loss since he didn't play.

its too bad they signed wiggins for so much. I think that contract really messing everything up there in the long term.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2018, 02:34 PM
same could be said for the spurs. they added Derozan to a 7th seed team in the west. KL isn't really a loss since he didn't play.

its too bad they signed wiggins for so much. I think that contract really messing everything up there in the long term.

don't get me started on the Wolves. or Wiggins.

Cal827
08-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Man, some people here are really going at each other for what the other person feels the season is going to go like.... The Rocket fans are being polite in bringing counterarguments to many people's opinion of them next year, but some of these others :laugh2:

tp13baby
08-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Man, some people here are really going at each other for what the other person feels the season is going to go like.... The Rocket fans are being polite in bringing counterarguments to many people's opinion of them next year, but some of these others :laugh2:

Well I get they are predictions but you are just high if you think the Grizz are a top 8 team in the west and OKC is first in the west.

It happens every year. Some reason we had the Lakers and Dallas as breakout teams. Lol hell no.

LeonFSU
08-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Boston
Philadelphia
Toronto
Indiana
Washington
Miami
Milwaukee
Cleveland

Golden State
Houston
San Antonio
Utah
Oklahoma City
Minnesota
New Orleans
LA Lakers

ZH721
08-14-2018, 08:25 PM
how many times do have to repeat Fultz is a question mark lol. I said health pending KL is the best but who knows right now, you or I sure dont. Sixers improved the biggest weakness in perimeter defense to go along with the most productive starting 5 in the league last year. OKC probably wont but im buying into them having a bit of a fresh start and something to prove with 2 super stars still in their primes. Oh and no team with a healthy Gasol and Conley sucks. They miss too much time then yea they will suck.

The Sixers lost some scoring and their bench isnít very good. They missed on all the big FA/trades. That isnít necessarily bad since theyíre so young still, but they certainly didnít get THAT much better. They struggled with a Celtics team who didnít have their 2 best players and brought back a very similar team. Not sure thatís going to boost them much.

Gasol and Conley are good. Most of the pieces around them arenít. The Grizzlies will be very bad, again.

Also, ďlast year has no baring on this yearĒ. What lol. Thatís how projections are made.

Legitimate
08-15-2018, 12:37 AM
everyone sleeping onthe spurs! they got the best coach in hte nba and just added a 2 time all nba team player in derozan and peoltl who is pretty damn good and his career is just starting. Peoltl is a david lee on steroids that canactually defend and if david lee can make the all star team then so can he, so we traded away 1 borderline superstar and a allstar for a superstar good trade for both teams raptors and SA...sa will easily make the playoffs

Legitimate
08-15-2018, 12:43 AM
I have my seedings for the east as:

1.toronto
2.bucks
3.philly
4.boston
5.pacers
6.wiz
7.detroit
8. is up for grabs lol i was going to put miami here but raptors bench would beat them in the playoffs lol

have boston as a question mark this coming season? are there up and coming brown and tatum reallygonna not complain about hayward taking all the mins will it become detrimental to the team? is kyrie and some of there injury prone players actually play? LOTS of question marks for boston, and not only that but what about the chemistry people can't just peg them first in the east when raptors were 2nd in the east behind lebron for the past 3 years they haven't done **** lol cept aquire players from trades and what not, so many question marks with boston and everyone has themm pegged as first in the east wehn raptors have always shown to be a consisten 50 plus regular season team and now we added tons of playoff experience and all our other guns have some more playoff experience , we took lebron to 7 games in the conference finals before when we had a top defence then we lost tucker and bismack in free agency now we rebuffed our defense and lebrons out west now so we our now KINGS OF THE EAST man no offense but f%%% boston lol

numba1CHANGsta
08-15-2018, 12:57 AM
Guys lets not waste our time now, we all know the Lakers are winning it all, so no need for all this mumbo jumbo, just sit back and witness greatness yet again :cool:

kobe4thewinbang
08-15-2018, 02:05 AM
West:

2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Wolves
7. Lakers
8. GrizzliesNo way in hell do the Thunder get #1 seed. I would love to hear your explanation, though. Anything can happen in the NBA, for sure. I also don't see the Rockets being outranked by the Spurs. And all evidence says the Grizzlies will still be a dumpster fire next season. No major moves, still hemming and hawing.

kobe4thewinbang
08-15-2018, 02:11 AM
Boston
Toronto
Philly
Indy
Washington
Milwaukee
Detroit
Charlotte

GS
Houston
Utah
Denver
Minnesota
OKC
New Orleans
LALBanking on Jokic? They sure as hell have a lot of money tied up on Jokic, Murray & Harris now.

MygirlhatesCod
08-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Banking on Jokic? They sure as hell have a lot of money tied up on Jokic, Murray & Harris now.

Jokic is extremely underated. he has progressed every year and is only 22. he is right at 40 from the three and putting up 18 pts 10 boards with 6 assists nightly as a center. he is on track to be a top 5 player In the league. id say in about three more years.

TheDish87
08-15-2018, 09:38 AM
Well I get they are predictions but you are just high if you think the Grizz are a top 8 team in the west and OKC is first in the west.

It happens every year. Some reason we had the Lakers and Dallas as breakout teams. Lol hell no.

lol ok. Healthy Grizz always fight for the playoffs i dont get why thats some big deal. Gasol/Conely are good enough to have them in the race.

TheDish87
08-15-2018, 09:41 AM
No way in hell do the Thunder get #1 seed. I would love to hear your explanation, though. Anything can happen in the NBA, for sure. I also don't see the Rockets being outranked by the Spurs. And all evidence says the Grizzlies will still be a dumpster fire next season. No major moves, still hemming and hawing.

my explanation is out there, i think on the last page. theyre just my predictions i dont get why people get so offended and act like things go exactly how everyone thinks they will.

Scoots
08-15-2018, 09:45 AM
I think it's realistic to think 4 different teams could end the regular season with the best record in the West, GSW, OKC, HOU, and UTA. In the East it could be BOS, TOR, or PHI.

The playoffs are a whole different game.

There are just too many unknowns for anyone to talk with certainty.

prodigy
08-15-2018, 09:52 AM
he should be out till at least Christmas. the only way they get in the playoffs is by buying tickets.

right. I see a lot of people putting them ahead of cavs, pistons etc... Not that i think any of these teams will be great but knicks prob bottom 2 in the east.

prodigy
08-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Boston
Philadelphia
Toronto
Bucks
Washington
pacers
Cavs
heat

Boston wins east

Golden State
Houston
San Antonio
Lakers
Oklahoma City
Minnesota
New Orleans
Utah

Warriors win West

Warriors win Finals in 4 or 5. Great basketball (not)

TheDish87
08-15-2018, 10:14 AM
I think it's realistic to think 4 different teams could end the regular season with the best record in the West, GSW, OKC, HOU, and UTA. In the East it could be BOS, TOR, or PHI.

exactly. the majority of this board bashed CP3 to the Rockets and look how that turned out, no one picked them to top the West in the standings.

MygirlhatesCod
08-15-2018, 10:22 AM

a lot of that hinges on weather or not the warriors take the rs seriously. they for sure didn't last year.

I def agree on the east though.

kobe4thewinbang
08-15-2018, 04:53 PM
my explanation is out there, i think on the last page. theyre just my predictions i dont get why people get so offended and act like things go exactly how everyone thinks they will.I found it. I do think they'll be better without the headache of Carmelo. Hopefully Shroeder helps too.

TheDish87
08-15-2018, 05:14 PM
i think DS will be a legit 6MOY candidate. its unlikely OKC tops the West but it wont shock me and i think they are capable of it especially with GSW not taking the season serious just like how the Rockets were able to pull it off

Dade County
08-16-2018, 11:14 PM

I never smoked a day in my life. Also, this is if Kawhi gets traded before Dec 25, that mean they will be in tank mode. They would have gotten young assets.

By playoff time:

Lakers will be in the WCF.

i believe they will end up between 7-9. Pacers vs Cavs was a fake series. That was just to get their fans hyped up, the League kept them relevant last season, because of the PG trade.

This season will be reported by the media as a slight let down season. But they will have camp space, so I am sure they can get couple of above avg players.

prodigy
08-17-2018, 09:25 AM
Interesting if the cavs land Whiteside and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Whiteside (playing hard and focused)
Love (maybe little bit of Wolves love?)
Hood (17pt 40% 3pt shooter)
Clarkson (2nd in bench scoring last season)
Sexton

Bench of Hill, Smith, Nance, Zizic, Cedi, Dekker might make alittle noise in the east. Clearly Boston is much better but cavs could give others a fit.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2018, 10:31 AM

I imagine you are referring to GS understanding the regular season really doesn't matter? Because they got stronger, and there was already a gap.

OKC stands no chance at a top record imo.

TheDish87
08-17-2018, 11:01 AM
Interesting if the cavs land Whiteside and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Sexton

Bench of Hill, Smith, Nance, Zizic, Cedi, Dekker might make alittle noise in the east. Clearly Boston is much better but cavs could give others a fit.

not a real thing

dhopisthename
08-17-2018, 12:15 PM

Sexton

lol hood hasn't even signed with someone yet which should be pretty telling.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
I imagine you are referring to GS understanding the regular season really doesn't matter? Because they got stronger, and there was already a gap.

OKC stands no chance at a top record imo.

Yes on GS.

OKC, if they can keep their starters healthy, should be really good.

ewing
08-17-2018, 01:12 PM
1- BOS
2- TOR
3- PHI
4- IND
5- MIL
6- WAS
7- DET
8- CLE

1. GSW
2. UTAH
3. HOUSTON
4. OKC
5. PORTLAND
6. NEW ORLEANS
7. LAKERS
8. SPURS

I put the cavs taking the last playoff spot in the east because I feel bad for them.

Utah at number 2 over Houston not because they are considerably better but I just don't think Houston wins as many RS games. I actually think Houston is closer to Utah than GS. a heathy Utah Houston series would be great to see.

it feels weird to put the spurs so low.

GS wins another one and everyone vows to not watch anymore even though ratings will be high.

Earliest projected return is X-mass. I donít we have any chance at the playoffs

prodigy
08-17-2018, 01:24 PM
not a real thing

17-14 type play will do lol. 3 blocks a game that will do also. He's def has the ability and proved it. We shall see what happens with him.

prodigy
08-17-2018, 01:28 PM
lol hood hasn't even signed with someone yet which should be pretty telling.

Hood is restricted and everyone knows cavs will match. Teams are strapped right now and Hood asking price is high. I'm not sure what ur point is can you please continue? I never said hes a superstar. but hes a good player for sure. Has some character issues also that scares other teams. He'll be a cav on a short term deal.

dhopisthename
08-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Hood is restricted and everyone knows cavs will match. Teams are strapped right now and Hood asking price is high. I'm not sure what ur point is can you please continue? I never said hes a superstar. but hes a good player for sure. Has some character issues also that scares other teams. He'll be a cav on a short term deal.

that he sucks so much the cavs barely played him last year so bringing up his 17ppg on 40% shooting is highly misleading.

TheDish87
08-17-2018, 01:43 PM
he didnt shoot 40% from 3 anyway, never has. I like Hood too, always have going back to Duke but there is just something missing.

FlashBolt
08-17-2018, 01:51 PM
Hood is not a winning player. We saw Utah play better without him and Cavs benching him because he played poorly is enough evidence that Hood's impact was overstated. I would not be shocked if he averaged 15+ points but what else are you getting? He's a volume scorer who needs the ball but can't rebound, defend, or create for others. The demand for Hood is slim because teams are afraid his value is overrated.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Yes on GS.

OKC, if they can keep their starters healthy, should be really good.

Utah, I can buy, their defense is the best in the league if healthy. OKC, I think is a tier below GS/Hou, and Utah is the only one I personally feel can sneak into that 55 win territory.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Hood is not a winning player. We saw Utah play better without him and Cavs benching him because he played poorly is enough evidence that Hood's impact was overstated. I would not be shocked if he averaged 15+ points but what else are you getting? He's a volume scorer who needs the ball but can't rebound, defend, or create for others. The demand for Hood is slim because teams are afraid his value is overrated.

and what point does Cleveland have in keeping him? He was brought in to hit open 3's from James, and to guard while not killing his team. Asking him to do anything more is not going to work. You are right, he isn't a winning player, his value will settle at some point you would figure.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Utah, I can buy, their defense is the best in the league if healthy. OKC, I think is a tier below GS/Hou, and Utah is the only one I personally feel can sneak into that 55 win territory.

Okay, I can see that, I was just thinking if everything goes right for OKC they COULD reach that level, and below that I just can't see any other teams getting up there.

Scoots
08-17-2018, 03:59 PM

Hood seems like his confidence is completely shot. Playing on a bad team could get him back into the game and maybe unlock some of the hints that his game could grow to in the past. Not that that is too likely. Most players who struggle after a few years don't suddenly turn it around.

prodigy
08-18-2018, 09:47 AM
he didnt shoot 40% from 3 anyway, never has. I like Hood too, always have going back to Duke but there is just something missing.

39% with the Jazz before coming to cavs.

This forum is crazy. I love how people will read things but only see what they want or add their own stuff to it lol. The human mind really is fascinating. At no point did i say Hoods a great player, a game changer smh... But he is a good basketball player who can defend and score.

Reason why Cavs benched him was pretty clear. #1 attitude was awful, #2 he was horrible next to Lebron. Played scared at times and just didn't know where he fits. Its pretty common when people play with Lebron.

I can't image him getting a big contract from anyone, so he will settle for short term deal with cavs. He's 25 years old, If he wants to get paid again he will have to shut up and play like guys do in contract years.

My point was if cavs grabbed Whiteside and everyone played pretty much the way they have proven they could be trouble for some teams in the east. Not Boston i assume they will run through everyone. sixers could be pretty dominate also, but i wanna see it first. Prob will.

prodigy
08-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Hood seems like his confidence is completely shot. Playing on a bad team could get him back into the game and maybe unlock some of the hints that his game could grow to in the past. Not that that is too likely. Most players who struggle after a few years don't suddenly turn it around.

What do you mean by struggle lol. He's had better years then a large portion of guys who come into the league. always been a good shooter, avg. 13pts for his career. He just needs an attitude adjustment big time. Has a good skill set.

He's a guy who can be a good role player.

tp13baby
08-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Banking on Jokic? They sure as hell have a lot of money tied up on Jokic, Murray & Harris now.

I do believe Jokic can carry a team, and the post all-star break especially showed he can be the guy. He is 23, Harris is 23, Murray had one of the most improved seasons out of any player and he is 21. Progression is needed. Hopefully Millsap isn't injured all year like last. Losing Chandler is great, Barton is much better. IT I think is an improvement over D Harris but time will tell. Porter Jr. is no longer expected to miss the season. My guess is he will get a half season with the team.

Really the depth isn't too shabby. Malone is the only one I don't trust.

lol ok. Healthy Grizz always fight for the playoffs i dont get why thats some big deal. Gasol/Conely are good enough to have them in the race.

I think we are giving too much credit to Gasol. He is good but not that good. Towns, Jokic, Cousins, Gobert, are definitely better than him. Capela, Jordan, Nurk, Adams is probably the class he is closer too. He is a ton slower and much more inefficient than he was. Conley isn't top 5 in the west healthy, and Conley hasn't been healthy a whole ton. He is going on the wrong side of 30. Jackson Parsons and Anderson have to ball out for them, which what they would be asked to do if they wanted to compete with the playoffs will not be enough.

ewing
08-18-2018, 06:20 PM

This forum is crazy. I love how people will read things but only see what they want or add their own stuff to it lol. The human mind really is fascinating. At no point did i say Hoods a great player, a game changer smh... But he is a good basketball player who can defend and score.

Reason why Cavs benched him was pretty clear. #1 attitude was awful, #2 he was horrible next to Lebron. Played scared at times and just didn't know where he fits. Its pretty common when people play with Lebron.

I can't image him getting a big contract from anyone, so he will settle for short term deal with cavs. He's 25 years old, If he wants to get paid again he will have to shut up and play like guys do in contract years.

My point was if cavs grabbed Whiteside and everyone played pretty much the way they have proven they could be trouble for some teams in the east. Not Boston i assume they will run through everyone. sixers could be pretty dominate also, but i wanna see it first. Prob will.

Iíd love to see you guys get whiteside. I think he covers for a lot of Love deficiencies

Chronz
08-18-2018, 06:22 PM

He played his best ball in Cleveland just like the rest, it's the playoffs they knew nothing of.

JordansBulls
08-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Lakers should be the top seed as they have the most storied franchise and a top 3-5 player all time and top 3-5 player in the current nba right now.

Scoots
08-21-2018, 10:14 PM
Lakers should be the top seed as they have the most storied franchise and a top 3-5 player all time and top 3-5 player in the current nba right now.

If only that's all it took.

TheDish87
08-22-2018, 12:05 PM

relevance?

zn23
08-22-2018, 08:06 PM
1- TOR
2- BOS
3- PHI
4- MIL
5- IND
6- MIA
7- WAS
8- NYK

Raps vs. Celtics - Raps win in 6 (against my better judgement),

West

1- GSW
2- HOU
3- OKC
4- DEN
5- LA
6- UTAH
7- NO
8- MIN

GSW vs. OKC (GSW win in 7)

Raps vs. GSW, GSW win in 6

prodigy
08-23-2018, 01:47 PM
How in the world are people putting the knicks in the playoffs? Sure it could happen, but thats a horrible roster with their best player not projected to be ready till mid-season. plus hes so injury prone prob get hurt again.

Scoots
08-23-2018, 02:05 PM
How in the world are people putting the knicks in the playoffs? Sure it could happen, but thats a horrible roster with their best player not projected to be ready till mid-season. plus hes so injury prone prob get hurt again.

Because the East is just that weak

TheDish87
08-23-2018, 04:29 PM
no, its not THAT weak.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2018, 08:06 AM
Nets probably miss the playoffs. But they will be outside looking in at around #9 or #10 in my opinion. If a bottom seed in the east gets injuries Nets could squeak in possibly.

prodigy
08-24-2018, 09:43 AM
Because the East is just that weak

Even so they are not nearly good enough right now to make the playoffs in a weak anything. I feel like people are just being lazy, instead of looking into each team they just put the Knicks in there.

Scoots
08-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Even so they are not nearly good enough right now to make the playoffs in a weak anything. I feel like people are just being lazy, instead of looking into each team they just put the Knicks in there.

Vegas has the Knicks around the 8th seed in the East, and they are literally betting their money on it.

The Knicks are not good, but they are better on paper than the Pistons, Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Cavs, Magic, and Nets. The east IS just that bad.

Sure, it's possible coaching changes will significantly improve some of those teams, but it's still possible the Knicks make the playoffs.

ewing
08-24-2018, 11:33 PM
Vegas has the Knicks around the 8th seed in the East, and they are literally betting their money on it.

The Knicks are not good, but they are better on paper than the Pistons, Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Cavs, Magic, and Nets. The east IS just that bad.

Sure, it's possible coaching changes will significantly improve some of those teams, but it's still possible the Knicks make the playoffs.

Really? You must be high on Tim Hardaway JR. Iíd love to see the Knicks play meaningful basketball games at the end of the season but donít see it happening with Tim Hardaway as there go to guy until KP comes back. Iíve heard Kanter is working on his 3 ball???

JAZZNC
08-24-2018, 11:38 PM
Really? You must be high on Tim Hardaway JR. Iíd love to see the Knicks play meaningful basketball games at the end of the season but donít see it happening with Tim Hardaway as there go to guy until KP comes back. Iíve heard Kanter is working on his 3 ball???

It's a shame Kanter can't play good enough defense to stay on the court. He is a rich man's Boozer. If he had a good set up guy he could be an easy 20ppg scorer and get you 12+ rebounds but he is so bad on D it's almost not worth it.

Scoots
08-25-2018, 12:51 AM

I agree, but those other teams are terrible and can't even look forward to KP coming back. Which of those teams do you think finish ahead of the Knicks?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-25-2018, 07:57 AM

Knicks in the playoffs? KP isn't expected back till like around Christmas. The tank might be in full gear by then. If Knicks can win a bunch of games and are a playoff seed before KP is back. Then i'll eat crow. I think #8 to like #12 could be a tight race for last playoff spot.

ewing
08-25-2018, 09:28 AM
It's a shame Kanter can't play good enough defense to stay on the court. He is a rich man's Boozer. If he had a good set up guy he could be an easy 20ppg scorer and get you 12+ rebounds but he is so bad on D it's almost not worth it.

Kanter is a nice player. If you play him big minutes people will capitalize on his D but for 20 mins a night he is such a beast on the interior I think he is worth it. I thought it was funny when I read that he was working on 3s b/c he never even takes jump shots. He doesn't miss free throw but he wouldn't shoot and open 14 footer in the game. If he starts making a couple shots outside the paint it will help his value and off set the D a little more.

FlashBolt
08-25-2018, 05:12 PM

He's easily one of the most productive offensive players. He's got the tools to be a decent defender but I'm not sure what's wrong with the guy. He's got to know he's playing few minutes due to his defensive mishaps that would just force a team to cover for him every time. It's simply not worth having him on the court when teams can punish him offensively. Dude could legitimately be a top 20 player if he played above average defense.

beasted86
08-25-2018, 06:01 PM
I can see the Rockets swapping Anderson for Carroll or Batum something like that during the season and becoming 1a/b with the Warriors.

JAZZNC
08-25-2018, 11:29 PM
He's easily one of the most productive offensive players. He's got the tools to be a decent defender but I'm not sure what's wrong with the guy. He's got to know he's playing few minutes due to his defensive mishaps that would just force a team to cover for him every time. It's simply not worth having him on the court when teams can punish him offensively. Dude could legitimately be a top 20 player if he played above average defense.

Yeah, he gets buckets and does it efficiently. He is one of the best offensive bugs in the game but he is so terrible defensively. There is a reason we were immediately better when we shipped him out and started Rudy. He also isn't a great passer out of the post so that hurts him too. Like you said as great as he is offensively and on the glass he could be a badass if he'd just try on D. I'll never understand the guys like him and Melo that just refuse to play D. It's mind boggling.

prodigy
08-28-2018, 12:48 PM
The Knicks are not good, but they are better on paper than the Pistons, Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Cavs, Magic, and Nets. The east IS just that bad..

NO WAY. Pistons, Cavs, Bulls, Maybe even the nets if they stay healthy have better rosters on paper. Could also see the hornets have a better season then the knicks. right now they are bottom 2 on paper.

tredigs
08-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Celtics/Warriors Finals feels inevitable to me if both stay healthy, and I think it is going to be an incredible series (ECF and WCF have the potential to be very good also). Ditto some other WC series as well as whatever team in the East (Raps or Celtics) beats Philly.

TheDish87
08-29-2018, 01:59 PM
i love how youre just assuming the sixers arent a real threat to make the finals.

WaDe03
08-29-2018, 02:09 PM
i love how youre just assuming the sixers arent a real threat to make the finals.

Hey there neighbor, thank you for your continued posting! Imo I donít see how anyone can consider them serious threats when the Celtics B team dispatched them in 5 last year. Factoring in that you lost 2 of your best shooters and the Celtics are adding Kyrie and Hayward I donít see how you closed the gap at all. It got bigger if anything.

The East is the Celtics for awhile though, I do wish we could have a wide open league though brother!

What makes you think the gap is closed and you all can beat them? I would be more surprised if the series went 7 than I would if the Celtics swept you all.

prodigy
08-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Hey there neighbor, thank you for your continued posting! Imo I donít see how anyone can consider them serious threats when the Celtics B team dispatched them in 5 last year. Factoring in that you lost 2 of your best shooters and the Celtics are adding Kyrie and Hayward I donít see how you closed the gap at all. It got bigger if anything.

The East is the Celtics for awhile though, I do wish we could have a wide open league though brother!

What makes you think the gap is closed and you all can beat them? I would be more surprised if the series went 7 than I would if the Celtics swept you all.

didn't you pick the heat to win the east? lol i know i saw you post that somewhere.

WaDe03
08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
didn't you pick the heat to win the east? lol i know i saw you post that somewhere.

Hey great question and thank you for asking!!! If I did it was in a joking manner, the Celtics run the east unless some huge shakeups happen around the league.

ewing
08-30-2018, 08:40 AM

I agree with him. if the Celtics are healthy they are the clear favorite

TheDish87
08-30-2018, 08:51 AM
favorites, sure i dont disagree. But they are faaar from being the Warriors or a Lebron team in terms of being some near lock to reach the finals.

ewing
08-30-2018, 09:04 AM
favorites, sure i dont disagree. But they are faaar from being the Warriors or a Lebron team in terms of being some near lock to reach the finals.

I think they are a lot bigger favorite then the Cavs were last year. On paper the Celtic are clearly the best team in the East. I think they would be a bigger favor in the East then the Warriors are in the West if they had ever played together before and didn't have injury concerns.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 09:14 AM
The way things are, Celtics are the clear favorite in the East, with the 76ers the only team that can look to challenge them, but I believe the real surprise will come from the Bulls who will make it (easy IMO) to the playoffs and can end up anywhere from 4th to 8th seed...

The Bulls are the team to watch for the future seasons in the East as they now have a very talented and complete roster with high depth quality and the capital to invest as to land a major AllStar, which will then allow them to be back at first stage...

WaDe03
08-30-2018, 09:35 AM
The way things are, Celtics are the clear favorite in the East, with the 76ers the only team that can look to challenge them, but I believe the real surprise will come from the Bulls who will make it (easy IMO) to the playoffs and can end up anywhere from 4th to 8th seed...

The Bulls are the team to watch for the future seasons in the East as they now have a very talented and complete roster with high depth quality and the capital to invest as to land a major AllStar, which will then allow them to be back at first stage...

Hey there fellow poster! Havenít seen you before and hope to continue to see your post as we are encouraging as much activity on here as possible! While that may be the case, please refrain from posting when drunk/high as we like the posts to be realistic and high quality. Thank you so much again and hope to see much more of your posting going forward :)

WaDe03
08-30-2018, 09:37 AM
I think they are a lot bigger favorite then the Cavs were last year. On paper the Celtic are clearly the best team in the East. I think they would be a bigger favor in the East then the Warriors are in the West if they had ever played together before and didn't have injury concerns.

For sure better than last years Cavs. Sixers arenít even close imo friend! I donít understand how someone could think so when they were disposed of in 5 with no Kyrie or Hayward.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 09:52 AM
Hey there fellow poster! Havenít seen you before and hope to continue to see your post as we are encouraging as much activity on here as possible! While that may be the case, please refrain from posting when drunk/high as we like the posts to be realistic and high quality. Thank you so much again and hope to see much more of your posting going forward :)

I'll surprise you further then... Knicks will top all Atlanta, Hornets, Orlando, Nets, Cavs & Pistons this season and will challenge entering the playoffs till last minute...

The Bucks will disappoint this season if they don't do drastic changes on their current roster, which will cause Giannis asking to leave... I rarely fail in my predictions...

TheDish87
08-30-2018, 09:53 AM
Bcuz Irving is an iso player and poor defender and without him they thrived where he hurts them. Heyward is coming of a major injury and is overrated in general. Guys like Smart, Baynes, and Rozier playing over their heads for the playoffs isnt going to be sustained for a full season.

GREATNESS ONE
08-30-2018, 10:05 AM

Yea heís usually in the Lakers forum, trolling us.... his ďpredictionsĒ are hilarious.

WaDe03
08-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Bcuz Irving is an iso player and poor defender and without him they thrived where he hurts them. Heyward is coming of a major injury and is overrated in general. Guys like Smart, Baynes, and Rozier playing over their heads for the playoffs isnt going to be sustained for a full season.

Irving easily makes them better and is easily their best closer. Hayward is an all star and good all around player. Irving puts much more pressure on a defense than Rozier. The Celtics added a top 15 and top 25 player to a team that beat you in 5. Where did you improve?

WaDe03
08-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Yea heís usually in the Lakers forum, trolling us.... his ďpredictionsĒ are hilarious.

He says his predictions are rarely ever wrong so we will see my friend!!!

WaDe03
08-30-2018, 10:10 AM
I'll surprise you further then... Knicks will top all Atlanta, Hornets, Orlando, Nets, Cavs & Pistons this season and will challenge entering the playoffs till last minute...

The Bucks will disappoint this season if they don't do drastic changes on their current roster, which will cause Giannis asking to leave... I rarely fail in my predictions...

Without Kristaps for a huge chunk of the year? Iíll give you everyone except the Pistons Cavs and maybe Hornets but thatís not saying much.

Giannis says he wants to be in Milwaukee forever and has been hyping it up all summer, thereís not going to be that drastic of a change in such a short time to make him demand a trade.

ewing
08-30-2018, 10:12 AM

we can split hairs as to how much better Irving and Heyward make the Celtics, we can compare those guys to other players and down play there impact, but they still clearly make the Celtics better. The NBA is an arms race and if the Celtics are healthy they are killing it in the East

TheDish87
08-30-2018, 10:57 AM
no doubt they should make Celts better but i saw a different team in the playoffs then i saw in the reg season and everyone is hung up in a 5 games series when we choked away at least 2 games (probably 3), its not like we were dominated and couldnt hang. Embiid is still the best player between the 2 teams. Fultz has to come back in form for the Sixers to be a real threat though, if he can be close to avg from 3 we will be in great shape adding him to the lineup. I just dont see how both Tatum and Brown can make that next step deferring to Irving and now Heyward.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Without Kristaps for a huge chunk of the year? Iíll give you everyone except the Pistons Cavs and maybe Hornets but thatís not saying much.
Knicks & Bulls are the big winners out of picking rookies this season where they both have "hit gold" on rookies that are all: 1. Able to be NBA ready by January and 2. Exactly spot on choice on the roster role they are expected to contribute...

For the Knicks, Knox will provide the perfect missing piece on both defense and offence playing SF on their periphery and Robinson will make Porzingis absence much less notable than one expects... Additionally Ntilikina will be much improved this season and with the addition of Hezonja playing SG, the Knicks will be much stronger on their guards and wings... Then Porzingis will be back and the Knicks will accelerate with 2/3rds of the season remaining as to gain back what they'll inevitably loose in the start.

The Bulls OTOH, have a roster full of talent that can play in multiple positions and they've "hit gold" by picking both Carter and Hutchinson as well as adding Jabari and Lavine. This season's starting roster on Dunn, LaVine, Jabari, Carter & Markanen is hard to blame on other than missing an All Star and there is much roster depth on Valentine Hutchinson and Portis as to keep the team up to 95% when rotating... Clearly a team that has nothing to be affraid off against either Indiana or the Wizards... It's the most homogeneous roster in the entire NBA...

Giannis says he wants to be in Milwaukee forever and has been hyping it up all summer, thereís not going to be that drastic of a change in such a short time to make him demand a trade.

Giannis made clear that "if the F.O. of the Bucks don't do their part, he'll leave"... here is his exact words in one of the multiple cases he said so in different interviews:
https://fansided.com/2018/03/29/buck...ge-management/

ďThe front office and the general manager have to do their work tooÖ If I do my part and some others donít, then a change would have to happenÖ If this change does not happen, then, the Bucks can move forward without me, or I can move on without the Bucks.Ē

EDIT: What Giannis has said that you confuse, is that he wants to stay with the Bucks... ...but this is different to "the F.O. doing their part" as to provide him with a capable roster... which they don't seem to be doing.

WhiteShadow42
08-30-2018, 12:16 PM
LOL. Buckalis is all yours to enjoy guys. Have fun.

GREATNESS ONE
08-30-2018, 12:53 PM
LOL. Buckalis is all yours to enjoy guys. Have fun.

seriously thank God! Lol

Vee-Rex
08-30-2018, 01:15 PM
East juggernauts will be the Celtics, Sixers, and Raptors. That will be so fun to watch.

People sleeping so hard on the Raptors.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 02:13 PM
seriously thank God! Lol Ooops... additional Lavar accounts present here!

buckalis
08-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Most posts here predict the obvious on Celtics for the East and GSW for the west... but there maybe key trades made that could transform teams that one doesn't encounter for...

One team to watch on trades is the Hawks... they have three more contracts to deal for picks and assets on Bazemore and the expiring Lin and Dedmon and they will take back bad contracts which they will after waive the player.... A deal with the Lakers for Deng for instance could provide Atlanta with a considerable asset and a pick, but would surely let the Lakers "breath" financially as to invest more around Lebron...

TheDish87
08-30-2018, 04:16 PM
are you Bazemore could put the Lakers over the top?

ZH721
08-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Irving easily makes them better and is easily their best closer. Hayward is an all star and good all around player. Irving puts much more pressure on a defense than Rozier. The Celtics added a top 15 and top 25 player to a team that beat you in 5. Where did you improve?

He doesnít get it.

Imagine if the 76íers were actually able to add Kawhi/George. Do you think heíd be saying that Embiid and Simmons wouldnít make that next step? Lmfao. Heís not worth it, biggest homer on this site.

ZH721
08-30-2018, 04:44 PM

In no way does Irving hurt the Celtics with his overall play. They are a much better team with him.

How is Hayward overrated?

buckalis
08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
are you Bazemore could put the Lakers over the top?

Nope... I only say that Atlanta will accept bad contacts like Deng's... Besides, it isn't only Bazemore that Atlanta is shopping, there is also (expiring) J.Lin and D.Dedmon...

The Lakers are only used as an example here because they have assets that would interest the Hawks and have Deng's contract that the Hawks would not object to "eat"...

It can be a 3 team deal that could lead to a third team getting one or two players from the Atlanta and Lakers getting a player (or more) that would be useful to them out of that third team...

Or... it can be other team than the Lakers that would unload their bad contracts to Atlanta...

Never the less the Hawks are a crucial factor because they can change the map depending on who they will deal with...

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 08:32 AM
so if Bazemore isnt putting anyone over the top (youre right, hes not) how are the Hawks so crucial?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 12:53 PM
so if Bazemore isnt putting anyone over the top (youre right, hes not) how are the Hawks so crucial?

Because through a trade deal they can put a third team "over the top":

For example...

Bucks trade Dellavedova + D.J. Wilson + DDV + a 2nd to Hawks
Bucks receive N. Mirotic from Pelicans.
Pelicans trade Hill + a 1st + a 2nd to Hawks
Pelicans receive Bazemore + Dedmon ...see?

TheDish87
08-31-2018, 01:13 PM
lol no i dont see anything. are you trying to say they can now help the Bucks or Pels get over the top?

buckalis
08-31-2018, 01:47 PM
lol no i dont see anything. are you trying to say they can now help the Bucks or Pels get over the top?

If you can't see a win-win-win deal where the Hawks get 3 picks + 2 assets out of 2 contracts they want to trade + add some 10M (falling out of the sky) on their books for next season, The Pelicans get Bazemore that they were after and unload Hill and add Dedmon (who is more useful than Mirotic to them now they got Randle) and the Bucks strengthening up considerably by adding Mirotic (at SF) to the opposite side of Giannis while getting rid of Delly's contract at the same time, then I can't open your eyes... can I?

The Bucks by playing a Middleton (at SG), Mirotic (at SF) and Giannis (at PF) combo can beat the Celtics and win the East...

Jamiecballer
08-31-2018, 03:32 PM
East juggernauts will be the Celtics, Sixers, and Raptors. That will be so fun to watch.

People sleeping so hard on the Raptors.No kidding. They will battle the celtics to the wire. Cant imagine why anyone would expect anything less.

buckalis
08-31-2018, 11:48 PM
No kidding. They will battle the celtics to the wire. Cant imagine why anyone would expect anything less.

It will all depend on Anunoby's progress... if it is considerable, then yes, If one expects from Leonard, then no...

tredigs
09-01-2018, 12:21 AM
It will all depend on Anunoby's progress... if it is considerable, then yes, If one expects from Leonard, then no...

Well, Leonard will in fact be the best player in the series if healthy, but the Celtics have a very clear advantage here imo. They are the very clear beasts of the Easts ('Bron got out at the right time, they absolutely smoke Cleveland if Hayward and/or Kyrie are healthy last season and I called that in the preseason), and they will challenge the Warriors for the title (likely lose, but a challenge) if they're full bore.

ZH721
09-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Well, Leonard will in fact be the best player in the series if healthy, but the Celtics have a very clear advantage here imo. They are the very clear beasts of the Easts ('Bron got out at the right time, they absolutely smoke Cleveland if Hayward and/or Kyrie are healthy last season and I called that in the preseason), and they will challenge the Warriors for the title (likely lose, but a challenge) if they're full bore.

Yup. Their length, athleticism, and talent is unmatched in the east. If theyíre healthy, they are the clear favorite. The fact that they kept the ECF team fully together and are getting Kyrie+Hayward back is nuts.

Theyíre the type of team that would be fun to watch against the Warriors, but still fall short this year.

Knicks Boogie
09-01-2018, 02:01 PM
West:
Rockets
GS
Lakers
Utah
Nuggets
NO
T'wolves
OKC

East:
Philly
Boston
Washington
Indy
Bucks
Raptors
Knicks
Pistons

buckalis
09-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I think its too early to make predictions as many teams will look for trades that could lead to significantly strengthen up...

For example: If the Bucks take advantage of the Pelicans interest on Bazemore, they could propose this 100% to work deal that would lead to both Pelicans & Bucks to be far more competitive:

Bucks give: Henson, Divicenzo & D.J. Wilson + a 2nd pick to the Hawks
Bucks receive: N. Mirotic from Pelicans

Pelicans give: N.Mirotic to Bucks, S.Hill + a 1st & a 2nd pick to Atlanta
Pelicans receive: D. Dedmon & K. Bazemore from Atlanta

If the Bucks would play Middleton at SG, Mirotic at SF & and Giannis at PF, they could win the East and play with GSW to the finals.

Jamiecballer
09-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Yup. Their length, athleticism, and talent is unmatched in the east. If theyíre healthy, they are the clear favorite. The fact that they kept the ECF team fully together and are getting Kyrie+Hayward back is nuts.

Theyíre the type of team that would be fun to watch against the Warriors, but still fall short this year.The Celtics are adding Hayward to a 55 win team.

Drugs, kids, are a heck of a thing.

FlashBolt
09-01-2018, 04:06 PM
More isn't always better. In the case of the Celtics, I have difficulty seeing how they can all share those minutes playing such similar positions. I bet Celtics are regretting that Hayward signing, honestly. We'll have to see how Tatum, Brown, and Rosier adjust playing less minutes and having less shot opportunities but it's not as simple as adding players and expecting instant success. On the contrary, I'm sure Brad has gotten it figured out by now.

ewing
09-01-2018, 04:50 PM
No kidding. They will battle the celtics to the wire. Cant imagine why anyone would expect anything less.

Iíve heard this story before

buckalis
09-01-2018, 05:14 PM
More isn't always better. In the case of the Celtics, I have difficulty seeing how they can all share those minutes playing such similar positions. I bet Celtics are regretting that Hayward signing, honestly. We'll have to see how Tatum, Brown, and Rosier adjust playing less minutes and having less shot opportunities but it's not as simple as adding players and expecting instant success. On the contrary, I'm sure Brad has gotten it figured out by now.

Yeah... if they would have offered a (much cheaper) extension to Marcus Morris, team's performance wouldn't differ... Now they are gonna loose Morris into free agency and they are still stuck with cap space...

Jamiecballer
09-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Iíve heard this story before

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou have? No idea what this means

buckalis
09-01-2018, 05:55 PM
The problem with some (brainless) "fans", is that they think their team can sign more than 10 (15 even better) over 30M contracts...

JAZZNC
09-01-2018, 07:32 PM
The problem with some (brainless) "fans", is that they think their team can sign more than 10 (15 even better) over 30M contracts...

Literally nobody thinks that.

ZH721
09-01-2018, 07:41 PM
The Celtics are adding Hayward to a 55 win team.

Drugs, kids, are a heck of a thing.

A team who started a 19 and 20 year old at SF and SG lol.
A team who had FOUR returning players from the previous year. Three of those four were on their rookie contracts. It is now clear you donít value team chemistry. See: the Raptors being able to put up good regular seasons then fail in the playoffs year after year. Chemistry helps them in the regular season until talent trumps them. The Celtics got 55 wins and an ECF appearance on raw talent and slowly-improving chemistry.

Drugs are a heck of a thing indeed. Stay off em, bud.

ZH721
09-01-2018, 07:44 PM

Why would the Celtics regret adding a top 25 player without having to give anything up?

Such similar positions? They fit fine. In fact their versatility is a HUGE positive, not a negative. Not even sure why youíd think otherwise. Weird.

Irving - Rozier
Brown - Smart
Hayward - Morris
Tatum - Theis
Horford - Baynes

Theyíre deep, super talented, unselfish, etc. Theyíre everything you want if youíre picking a team to miraculously upset the Warriors.

ZH721
09-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Yeah... if they would have offered a (much cheaper) extension to Marcus Morris, team's performance wouldn't differ... Now they are gonna loose Morris into free agency and they are still stuck with cap space...

The teamís performance wouldnít differ downgrading from Hayward to Morris. Wow. :laugh2:

Morris wouldnít be a big loss, the Celtics are very deep. He can help them this year and then go wherever he wants next year.

FlashBolt
09-02-2018, 02:48 AM
Why would the Celtics regret adding a top 25 player without having to give anything up?

Such similar positions? They fit fine. In fact their versatility is a HUGE positive, not a negative. Not even sure why youíd think otherwise. Weird.

Irving - Rozier
Brown - Smart
Hayward - Morris
Tatum - Theis
Horford - Baynes

Theyíre deep, super talented, unselfish, etc. Theyíre everything you want if youíre picking a team to miraculously upset the Warriors.
Uhm, no. Their PF spot sucks and could have used an improvement there. The fact they are talking about Tatum possibly being in a bench role is enough evidence I need that they play similar positions. We haven't seen them be able to play on the court at the same time but from what I've seen, it's going to be difficult getting the maximum output from their players the way we've seen them individually be capable of. Without having to give anything up is laughable. They gave up salary cap space...

buckalis
09-02-2018, 04:45 AM

Irving - Rozier
Brown - Smart
Hayward - Morris
Tatum - Theis
Horford - Baynes

I don't think the Celtics will last as to upset the Warriors, reason being the economics...

Ideally one has to have a starting roster with at least 2 superstars (top-10) and another 3 top-50 players that costs around 90M in total, then have 3 worthy replacements on a PG/SG, a SG/SF/PF and a PF/C "big" that cost around 20M and then another 7 "useful" role players that all together cost another 20M, as to end up with a team that lasts being able to "upset the Warriors"...

Having two top-25 that cost over 60M on Hortford and Hayward and then many "average" cost (worthy) players, only one talent (on Tatum) that can make it to being a superstar and loosing Irving (who then needs to find a replacement for) means that the Celtics will last to be a play-off team, but will never "upset the Warriors"...

The problem with having two Top-25 that are payed Max contracts, is that you can't trade them for two TOP-10 that cost (near) the same...

ewing
09-02-2018, 07:01 AM
You have? No idea what this means

Every year you think the Raps age legit every year they arenít. Sorry brother this year is no different. If the Celtics are healthy they roll

buckalis
09-02-2018, 07:46 AM
"If the Celtics are healthy they roll"...

If you are suggesting that the Bucks lost to details (major one being they had to play 4 games away from home) from the Celtics, because "the Celtics weren't healthy last season", then you are looking (with eyesight) at one side of the coin...
The Bucks had more problems than the Celtics ever had last season.
1. They were playing crippled with Telletovich having a career terminating injury and never replaced.
2. They were playing crippled with Brogdon just coming back from (serious) injury and Jabari coming back from a career threatening injury, both players being on restricted minutes and under performing...
3. They were playing crippled without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...

4. They were playing crippled without a (real) center at all with Giannis forced to be double and tripple teamed all the time.

One better sees things correctly instead of having the "fan's eyesight" that often leads to wrong conclusions...

Scoots
09-02-2018, 09:37 AM
If you are suggesting that the Bucks lost to details (major one being they had to play 4 games away from home) from the Celtics, because "the Celtics weren't healthy last season", then you are looking (with eyesight) at one side of the coin...
1. They were playing crippled with Telletovich having a career terminating injury and never replaced.
2. They were playing crippled with Brogdon just coming back from (serious) injury and Jabari coming back from a career threatening injury, both players being on restricted minutes and under performing...
3. They were playing crippled without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...

4. They were playing crippled without a (real) center at all with Giannis forced to be double and tripple teamed all the time.

One better sees things correctly instead of having the "fan's eyesight" that often leads to wrong conclusions...

So, have they addressed all of those issues?

buckalis
09-02-2018, 11:19 AM
So, have they addressed all of those issues?

Not quite yet... They've addressed (1.) & (4.) by signing Ilyasova & Lopez and Brogdon (out of (3.)) is back in full health, but Jabari hasn't been replaced yet and the coach hired looks to be a bad choice (because he is inexperienced to coach a TOP-5 superstar & because he is used to play an only 3 guards on the floor lineup)...

IMO, the Bucks have to also trade for Mirotic and land Deng (on a minimum as to have a replacement coming from bench for Mirotic) so that they can have a real forward playing SF when matches - mismatches require so and then have the coach learning by the playoffs how this kind of lineup is coached and how playing around Giannis should be coached... Then the Bucks could "cruise" the East easy and play against GSW to the finals....

ZH721
09-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Uhm, no. Their PF spot sucks and could have used an improvement there. The fact they are talking about Tatum possibly being in a bench role is enough evidence I need that they play similar positions. We haven't seen them be able to play on the court at the same time but from what I've seen, it's going to be difficult getting the maximum output from their players the way we've seen them individually be capable of. Without having to give anything up is laughable. They gave up salary cap space...

How does a PF spot of Tatum and Morris/Theis suck? Youíre on a roll.

Tatum off the bench?? :laugh2: :laugh2: Dude stop, youíre embarrassing yourself. No one is talking about that. Tatum said heíd be okay with it because thatís the only answer you can give. Baynes will be moved to the bench. Get a grip.

Yes without having to give anything up. The way their contracts lined up, they needed to use that space.

ZH721
09-02-2018, 11:40 AM
I don't think the Celtics will last as to upset the Warriors, reason being the economics...

Ideally one has to have a starting roster with at least 2 superstars (top-10) and another 3 top-50 players that costs around 90M in total, then have 3 worthy replacements on a PG/SG, a SG/SF/PF and a PF/C "big" that cost around 20M and then another 7 "useful" role players that all together cost another 20M, as to end up with a team that lasts being able to "upset the Warriors"...

Having two top-25 that cost over 60M on Hortford and Hayward and then many "average" cost (worthy) players, only one talent (on Tatum) that can make it to being a superstar and loosing Irving (who then needs to find a replacement for) means that the Celtics will last to be a play-off team, but will never "upset the Warriors"...

The problem with having two Top-25 that are payed Max contracts, is that you can't trade them for two TOP-10 that cost (near) the same...

I have no idea what any of this means.

I said the Celtics have the best chance of anyone in the East to upset the Warriors. I never said it was likely.

ZH721
09-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I love how everyone says the Celtics wonít be able to make it work with all their talent after seeing the Warriors dominate for the past couple of years with loads of talent. Good team players and a smart coach will make it work.

I think itís just denial at this point. A perfectly constructed roster by Ainge and coached by Stevens seems to have people nervous.

buckalis
09-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Tatum off the bench?? :laugh2: :laugh2: Dude stop, youíre embarrassing yourself. No one is talking about that. Tatum said heíd be okay with it because thatís the only answer you can give. Baynes will be moved to the bench. Get a grip.

Yes without having to give anything up. The way their contracts lined up, they needed to use that space.

I'm bored in trying to explain to people that "don't know much about basketball" - yet they talk much about it, things they should consider... It's not Tatum liking it coming from bench... It's Tatum having being explained by the coaching team that "this is better for the team"...

"Why is it better" you may wonder... because then the Celtics can start with a 3 guard lineup (like most of NBA teams do) and adjust accordingly with the opponent's matches and mismatches after rotations start... I hope you understand and not being insulted...

ZH721
09-02-2018, 12:05 PM
I'm bored in trying to explain to people that "don't know much about basketball" - yet they talk much about it, things they should consider... It's not Tatum liking it coming from bench... It's Tatum having being explained by the coaching team that "this is better for the team"...

"Why is it better" you may wonder... because then the Celtics can start with a 3 guard lineup (like most of NBA teams do) and adjust accordingly with the opponent's matches and mismatches after rotations start... I hope you understand and not being insulted...

I hope you understand that the Celtics opening night lineup LAST YEAR was Irving-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford. That was before Tatum had an incredible rookie year.

Talk about not knowing much about basketball. Yikes.

ewing
09-02-2018, 01:21 PM

The bucks main problem is they arenít very good

buckalis
09-02-2018, 02:05 PM
The bucks main problem is they arenít very good

According to you own saying, you are suggesting the opposite (that the Celtics aren't any good) which I wouldn't agree on...

The Bucks would have taken the Celtics out from 1st round last season if they didn't have the home handicap (although they were on far more problems than the Celtics were) and that is what the "whole world" (but some blind Celtics fans) saw....

ewing
09-02-2018, 02:20 PM
According to you own saying, you are suggesting the opposite (that the Celtics aren't any good) which I wouldn't agree on...

The Bucks would have taken the Celtics out from 1st round last season if they didn't have the home handicap (although they were on far more problems than the Celtics were) and that is what the "whole world" (but some blind Celtics fans) saw....

I donít dislike the Bucks but you have a lot of excuses

buckalis
09-02-2018, 03:28 PM
I donít dislike the Bucks but you have a lot of excuses

Do I? is that so?

Where is the "excuse" on any of those facts:

"The Bucks had more problems than the Celtics ever had last season.
-1. They were playing crippled with Telletovich having a career terminating injury and never replaced.
-2. They were playing crippled with Brogdon just coming back from (serious) injury and Jabari coming back from a career threatening injury, both players being on restricted minutes and under performing...
-3. They were playing crippled without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...
-4. They were playing crippled without a (real) center at all with Giannis forced to be double and tripple teamed all the time.

ewing
09-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Do I? is that so?

Where is the "excuse" on any of those facts:

"The Bucks had more problems than the Celtics ever had last season.
-1. They were playing crippled with Telletovich having a career terminating injury and never replaced.
-2. They were playing crippled with Brogdon just coming back from (serious) injury and Jabari coming back from a career threatening injury, both players being on restricted minutes and under performing...
-3. They were playing crippled without a (real) coach against one of the better coaches in the league...
-4. They were playing crippled without a (real) center at all with Giannis forced to be double and tripple teamed all the time.

How many all star games have those guy you were missing made again?

tredigs
09-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Buddy, the distinction between the two was not their deficits (which you are a fool to say Milwaukee had worse. Take off Giannis and who cares else... that is what the Celtics dealt with), it is ingrained from management down. The Celtics are extremely well run and have a better squad across the board. The Bucks have the better premier talent in Giannis, and that is literally it. Offense, defense, bench, coaching, they all favor the Celtics in droves. You do realize this?

Where do you expect the Bucks to finish this season?

buckalis
09-02-2018, 05:42 PM
How many all star games have those guy you were missing made again?

Is that replying on the "excuses" I quoted you for? Where is the relevance?

buckalis
09-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Where do you expect the Bucks to finish this season?

I'll tell you after Feb. depending on how the roster around Giannis finally forms...

tredigs
09-02-2018, 05:46 PM
I'll tell you after Feb. depending on how the roster around Giannis finally forms...

LOL - Bold!

I'll help you out. Not in the top two in the reg season, and not in the conference Finals. This despite playing in arguably the most talent depleted conference in NBA history.

buckalis
09-02-2018, 05:56 PM
LOL - Bold!

I'll help you out. Not in the top two in the reg season, and not in the conference Finals. This despite playing in arguably the most talent depleted conference in NBA history.

Honest I'l tell you after Feb... if we get a forward as to replace Jabari (Mirotic perhaps?) and a different PG than Bledsoe (Teodosic perhaps)? that can play pick and roll with Giannis. Then you don't stand a chance... we don't even need to be coached at Celtics level... basic basketball coaching will do!

tredigs
09-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Honest I'l tell you after Feb... if we get a forward as to replace Jabari (Mirotic perhaps?) and a different PG than Bledsoe (Teodosic perhaps)? that can play pick and roll with Giannis. Then you don't stand a chance... we don't even need to be coached at Celtics level... basic basketball coaching will do!

They don't have the talent dude. They're a **** defensive unit and I don't see that changing. Offensively suspect as well. They are multiple tiers worse than the Celtics man. That's just a fact.

I like Giannis and would like for them to be successful, but it is not in the cards this season, even in the East.

buckalis
09-02-2018, 06:23 PM
They don't have the talent dude. They're a **** defensive unit and I don't see that changing. Offensively suspect as well. They are multiple tiers worse than the Celtics man. That's just a fact.

I like Giannis and would like for them to be successful, but it is not in the cards this season, even in the East.

Although you've started talking nonesense about "defensive units" now, I'll still tell you after Feb.... For the current rosters I would put my money on the Celtics, but the Bucks only need some minor (meaning no all star or other major movement) changes for Giannis to have you for breakfast...

tredigs
09-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Although you've started talking nonesense about "defensive units" now, I'll still tell you after Feb.... For the current rosters I would put my money on the Celtics, but the Bucks only need some minor (meaning no all star or other major movement) changes for Giannis to have you for breakfast...
"Nonsense" hahah, do you have another term you'd prefer to use for the 19th ranked team in defensive efficiency who were pummeled in the post season other than "****"?

You have literally no substance behind any of your comments. You're a blind Homer.

tredigs
09-02-2018, 06:48 PM
FYI I am not a Celtics fan, I'm just not an idiot.

buckalis
09-02-2018, 07:18 PM
FYI I am not a Celtics fan, I'm just not an idiot.

Actually (like most of the Bucks current fans) I'm not a Buck fan either... We are Giannis fans and will follow him where he lands next... This is Giannis talking on interview:

"ďThe front office and the general manager have to do their work tooÖ If I do my part and some others donít, then a change would have to happenÖ If this change does not happen, then, the Bucks can move forward without me, or I can move on without the Bucks.Ē

But I know it won't be the Celtics or other "major" team (Like LA) he lands next... maybe the Bulls? Still... just hope the F.O. does their job as far as the minor changes around Giannis are needed...

tredigs
09-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Actually (like most of the Bucks current fans) I'm not a Buck fan either... We are Giannis fans and will follow him where he lands next... This is Giannis talking on interview:

"ďThe front office and the general manager have to do their work tooÖ If I do my part and some others donít, then a change would have to happenÖ If this change does not happen, then, the Bucks can move forward without me, or I can move on without the Bucks.Ē

But I know it won't be the Celtics or other "major" team (Like LA) he lands next... maybe the Bulls? Still... just hope the F.O. does their job as far as the minor changes around Giannis are needed...

That would explain why you know nothing about the team.

ewing
09-02-2018, 10:08 PM

Boom

GREATNESS ONE
09-02-2018, 10:12 PM
if that's the case, keep him away from the Lakers, I couldn't handle a whole year of Giannis94 oops I mean Buckanusilis..

FlashBolt
09-02-2018, 10:43 PM
if that's the case, keep him away from the Lakers, I couldn't handle a whole year of Giannis94 oops I mean Buckanusilis..

Lmao, I had a suspicion that was him.. Couldn't exactly remember the name but it's so obvious this dude is on the same mental capacity as Giannis94.

FlashBolt
09-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Buckalis (aka, Giannis94): "Giannis will be the 3rd highest paid athlete in endorsements this season."

Me: Okay, provide me a source that led you to that.

Buckalis: "Giannis has endorsements in Greece that are not included in the Forbes estimation of his endorsement salaries."

Me: "Okay, can you provide me the source since you said pretty definitively that he will be 3rd?"

Buckalis: "I'm not going in circles with you. Bye."

Lol. How is it that your trolling shtick was actually more legitimate than your "serious" debate shtick?

tredigs
09-02-2018, 10:47 PM
He's not a dumb guy in the least, I encourage more posts from him, pseudo account or not.

And why we think this site needs any reason to "ban" at this point is hilarious and beyond me.

Jamiecballer
09-03-2018, 02:03 PM
A team who had FOUR returning players from the previous year. Three of those four were on their rookie contracts. It is now clear you donít value team chemistry. See: the Raptors being able to put up good regular seasons then fail in the playoffs year after year. Chemistry helps them in the regular season until talent trumps them. The Celtics got 55 wins and an ECF appearance on raw talent and slowly-improving chemistry.

Drugs are a heck of a thing indeed. Stay off em, bud.I think the Celtics will be excellent, I really do. But the person I was sort of aiming that comment at (maybe 2, I cant remember), made it sound like the Celtics were sure to be a powerhouse, good enough in fact to give a strong finals showing against the warriors.

They could make the finals, absolutely. I would take the field but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them there. But I dont see them as a strong bet to win 60 so I think making it sound like they are in the same stratosphere as Golden State is something that someone who was high would say.

Funny to hear your comments on chemistry btw. Is there a team in the NBA for whom the question of chemistry is a bigger question mark this year than Bostons? Houston maybe? I mean if we could just assume plugging Hayward and his 30 mins in, Irving and his 30 mins in, would improve the results of a team that went to the ECF's by 60 mins of all-star - there would be no hesitation from anybody on calling Boston the best team guaranteed. But that's not how team sports work and you know that, which is why although the Celtics are the definite favorite in the eyes of many, there are plenty of people waiting to see how that roster handles considerable change in minutes for key guys. Chemistry. C'mon.

Cal827
09-03-2018, 02:07 PM
He's not a dumb guy in the least, I encourage more posts from him, pseudo account or not.

And why we think this site needs any reason to "ban" at this point is hilarious and beyond me.

Agreed... I guess at this point I should probably stop trying to piss Scoots off :laugh2:

Cal827
09-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Giannis is back?! Yayyyy :d

Jamiecballer
09-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Every year you think the Raps age legit every year they arenít. Sorry brother this year is no different. If the Celtics are healthy they roll

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think you are thinking of last year only; besides that hasn't anything to do with the post you are responding to.

Whether they stub their toe in the playoffs in the past or not, they have traded an all-star guard for an all-world SF. Otherwise, they are returning essentially the same deep young team that won 59 last year. So when I said they will battle the Celtics to the wire, you have not "heard that before".

I am curious though, for a number of years the Raptors got better, then a little better, then a little better. And each year the backcourt of DeRozan, and to some degree Lowry, laid an egg. So the annual refrain when the Raptors looked even a little better the next year was "I dont trust Lowry and DeRozan" or "DeRozan and Lowry have to prove they can do it in the playoffs".

But if 60 games into last season someone could have responded just wait, DeRozan is going to elevate his game in the playoffs to Kawhi Leonard level, how would that not be "legit", as you call it? If the answer to the question of how DeRozan respond in the playoffs is that he will be Kawhi Leonard good than the I'll believe it when I see it attitude should be done.

Chronz
09-03-2018, 02:42 PM

Drugs are a heck of a thing indeed. Stay off em, bud.

Drugs... lmao

Chronz
09-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Kawhi will make believers of you all

Jamiecballer
09-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Drugs... lmaoDont laugh at him *******, I said it first [emoji39]

ewing
09-03-2018, 02:51 PM
I think you are thinking of last year only; besides that hasn't anything to do with the post you are responding to.

Whether they stub their toe in the playoffs in the past or not, they have traded an all-star guard for an all-world SF. Otherwise, they are returning essentially the same deep young team that won 59 last year. So when I said they will battle the Celtics to the wire, you have not "heard that before".

I am curious though, for a number of years the Raptors got better, then a little better, then a little better. And each year the backcourt of DeRozan, and to some degree Lowry, laid an egg. So the annual refrain when the Raptors looked even a little better the next year was "I dont trust Lowry and DeRozan" or "DeRozan and Lowry have to prove they can do it in the playoffs".

But if 60 games into last season someone could have responded just wait, DeRozan is going to elevate his game in the playoffs to Kawhi Leonard level, how would that not be "legit", as you call it? If the answer to the question of how DeRozan respond in the playoffs is that he will be Kawhi Leonard good than the I'll believe it when I see it attitude should be done.

KL is a heck of a player. He is also an isolationist on offense and a malcontent on a team he doesnít want to be on. I think KL is an up grade from Demar despite the question marks but they still arenít close to the Celtics who added two stars to there starting lineup with out losing anything. The Raptors arenít going anywhere. If KL returns to form they might be able to beat the Sixers but in the end they still get smoked

buckalis
09-03-2018, 04:42 PM

What is I don't know?

ZH721
09-03-2018, 04:55 PM
I think the Celtics will be excellent, I really do. But the person I was sort of aiming that comment at (maybe 2, I cant remember), made it sound like the Celtics were sure to be a powerhouse, good enough in fact to give a strong finals showing against the warriors.

Not one person said theyíd beat the Warriors. Out of the East, theyíd be the best matchup length and talent wise. No one is beating the Warriors baring injuries.

They could make the finals, absolutely. I would take the field but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them there. But I dont see them as a strong bet to win 60 so I think making it sound like they are in the same stratosphere as Golden State is something that someone who was high would say.

No one said that. Try again.

Funny to hear your comments on chemistry btw. Is there a team in the NBA for whom the question of chemistry is a bigger question mark this year than Bostons? Houston maybe? I mean if we could just assume plugging Hayward and his 30 mins in, Irving and his 30 mins in, would improve the results of a team that went to the ECF's by 60 mins of all-star - there would be no hesitation from anybody on calling Boston the best team guaranteed. But that's not how team sports work and you know that, which is why although the Celtics are the definite favorite in the eyes of many, there are plenty of people waiting to see how that roster handles considerable change in minutes for key guys. Chemistry. C'mon.

They literally brought back the same rotation players + Hayward lol. Yeesh, this guy.

ZH721
09-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Drugs... lmao

Drugs indeed.

buckalis
09-03-2018, 05:05 PM

LOL... these guys are totally brainless... There is no pseudo account

It's beyond me too... They want me banned because I say to them that the Lakers roster will look much different by January... These guys can't think at all...

If one asks them a simple Q, like:
"Why the Lakers stretched Deng over 3 years now and didn't wait until after the season ends? (which would still be three years),"

they go "Ehhh" and start posting all insulting instead of coming up with a reasonable explanation...

I'll give them a hint... the Lakers have 4M more on their books this season...

FlashBolt
09-03-2018, 05:29 PM
LOL... these guys are totally brainless... There is no pseudo account

It's beyond me too... They want me banned because I say to them that the Lakers roster will look much different by January... These guys can't think at all...

If one asks them a simple Q, like:
"Why the Lakers stretched Deng over 3 years now and didn't wait until after the season ends? (which would still be three years),"

they go "Ehhh" and start posting all insulting instead of coming up with a reasonable explanation...

I'll give them a hint... the Lakers have 4M more on their books this season...

There is a mutual agreement across the board that trolls, such as yourself, should be banned. You just type because your keyboard is lonely.

buckalis
09-03-2018, 05:55 PM
There is a mutual agreement across the board that trolls, such as yourself, should be banned. You just type because your keyboard is lonely.

What makes me and not you a troll..? I agree all you the "LaVar company" should be banned... All that post insulting or not replying on subject should be banned.

Scoots
09-03-2018, 06:01 PM
What is I don't know?

You don't know what "I don't know" means?

buckalis
09-03-2018, 06:58 PM
You don't know what "I don't know" means?

OK...What is you don't know?

beasted86
09-03-2018, 08:03 PM
People are sleeping hard on Raptors if Kawhi buys in. Immeasurable defensive transformation the team could have.

The coach is an unknown, but the team has the talent to be a top 3 defense.

buckalis
09-03-2018, 08:21 PM
People are sleeping hard on Raptors if Kawhi buys in. Immeasurable defensive transformation the team could have.

The coach is an unknown, but the team has the talent to be a top 3 defense.

I don't expect Leonard to be his old self and Ibaka under performed last season... Also the Raptors are well into luxury tax and I think they will have to part with a major contract of theirs for an expiring one... Ibaka will be among the most difficult contracts to move, it may be Val they will move.

Jamiecballer
09-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Not one person said theyíd beat the Warriors. Out of the East, theyíd be the best matchup length and talent wise. No one is beating the Warriors baring injuries.

No one said that. Try again.

They literally brought back the same rotation players + Hayward lol. Yeesh, this guy.First off, yes tre clearly said that. Not the first thing, but the second.

Second, it sounds like you actually think chemistry is nothing more than roster continuity. The Celtics made it within a game of the NBA finals. With Hayward and Irving back that's 60 mins that are going to have to come out of the mins of players who rightfully might feel they had earned their time. The way you are reacting to this news tells me you rarely venture outside the Boston media.

ewing
09-03-2018, 09:13 PM
First off, yes tre clearly said that. Not the first thing, but the second.

Second, it sounds like you actually think chemistry is nothing more than roster continuity. The Celtics made it within a game of the NBA finals. With Hayward and Irving back that's 60 mins that are going to have to come out of the mins of players who rightfully might feel they had earned their time. The way you are reacting to this news tells me you rarely venture outside the Boston media.

You are acting like those guys should make chemistry issues. I donít see it. They had no issues with Kyrie before he went down and Gordonís style of play dosnít limit others. If anything he is a guy that is normally in the right spot and makes good decisions so people like playing with him. Your players are supposed to want to be on the floor. Having guys that want to be on the floor isnít a red flag that means you will have chemistry issues. The Celtics a good deep team with players that fit well together, proven playoff performers, and a top flight coach. On paper they beat any team in the east in a playoff series and itís not particularly close

Jamiecballer
09-03-2018, 09:19 PM
You are acting like those guys should make chemistry issues. I donít see it. They had no issues with Kyrie before he went down and Gordonís style of play dosnít limit others. If anything he is a guy that is normally in the right spot and makes good decisions so people like playing with him. Your players are supposed to want to be on the floor. Having guys that want to be on the floor isnít a red flag that means you will have chemistry issues. The Celtics a good deep team with players that fit well together, proven playoff performers, and a top flight coach. On paper they beat any team in the east in a playoff series and itís not particularly close

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm not saying those guys should make issues. But its the NBA, are we going to act like egos dont exist, or that guys dont sometimes become less than happy when they have their roles reduced?

Sometimes these things derail teams. Sometimes they don't. That's why we call them questions, they are potential potholes or the road to eastern conference domination

Cal827
09-03-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm just here hoping that Kawhi can mesh in our system. I mean he's a great defender but if our system is trash, then we're ****ed. :laugh2:

Nurse is probably relatively decent at defensive play calls, but I just remember how historically terrible that Triano was at defensive plays... all of our guys looked like **** on the defensive end.. including Shawn Marion :laugh2:

FlashBolt
09-03-2018, 10:38 PM
What makes me and not you a troll..? I agree all you the "LaVar company" should be banned... All that post insulting or not replying on subject should be banned.

Oh, because you went on and on about Giannis being or will be 3rd in endorsements but when I ask you for sources, you deny deny deny and then end up not providing anything after continuously quoting me.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 06:07 AM
Oh, because you went on and on about Giannis being or will be 3rd in endorsements but when I ask you for sources, you deny deny deny and then end up not providing anything after continuously quoting me.

You want me to provide you links on the value of the new contracts Giannis did this season with Nike, TV Stations , Games & Overseas, do you?

If I don't then according to you, it means these deals don't exist and the value of endorsements is the one of 2016 that is published at the Forbes list, correct?

Well...I'm not! You can google it yourself!

ewing
09-04-2018, 08:14 AM
I'm not saying those guys should make issues. But its the NBA, are we going to act like egos dont exist, or that guys dont sometimes become less than happy when they have their roles reduced?

Sometimes these things derail teams. Sometimes they don't. That's why we call them questions, they are potential potholes or the road to eastern conference domination

So your case ins't that they will make chemistry issues its, well anything is possible. Sorry but its a bad argument. If the Celtics are healthy they run the East. Toronto or Philly may push them to a 6th game but that's it and it won't be an ultra competitive 6 games

buckalis
09-04-2018, 08:43 AM
If the Celtics are healthy they run the East. Toronto or Philly may push them to a 6th game but that's it and it won't be an ultra competitive 6 games

It's too early to say... lets wait until trade deadline, if the 76ers for instance will add one or two capable periphery guys they can be extremely dangerous.

The thing with the 76ers & the Bucks, is that they both need minor additions to do as to compete with the Celtics, which is far easier to do than the major additions the Wizards, or the Pacers, or the Heat would have to do as to compete.

The Bucks for instance, if they add a capable and fairly "big" SF/PF that has good dribbling and shooting (Mirotic comes to mind - can be other) and another PG, can then move Middleton at SG and play a Middleton (SG) / Mirotic (SF) / Giannis (PF) periphery that would be lethal as all they need is another forward that would act on the opposite side of Giannis on both defense and offense.

Scoots
09-04-2018, 09:04 AM
You want me to provide you links on the value of the new contracts Giannis did this season with Nike, TV Stations , Games & Overseas, do you?

If I don't then according to you, it means these deals don't exist and the value of endorsements is the one of 2016 that is published at the Forbes list, correct?

You made a claim, you were asked to support it. It is your responsibility to support your claims. "Google it" is never valid support. That said, I went and looked (one google) for information to support your claim and didn't find it.

Support it with reasonable verifiable data or just stop digging that hole.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 09:26 AM
You made a claim, you were asked to support it. It is your responsibility to support your claims. "Google it" is never valid support. That said, I went and looked (one google) for information to support your claim and didn't find it.

Support it with reasonable verifiable data or just stop digging that hole.

What didn't you find? That Giannis has a new multi million deal with Nike (previous one was an old made when drafted for ...25K) that includes his own shoe?
That Giannis has new TV endorsments?
or that Giannis has new contracts with computer and console gamming that includes him being on the cover?

Go convince all that these don't exist or that they were included in his previous (2016) 7th place ranking in endorsements then... it's a good way for one to look ...whatever!

warfelg
09-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Iím gonna stick with that Forbes list unless thereís concrete evidence suggesting otherwise.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Iím gonna stick with that Forbes list unless thereís concrete evidence suggesting otherwise.

Good for you... It is 2016 taxed income in the US (or other country that the athlete is resident) only, that is declared in the taxed bill of 2017... If it does to you, stick with it by all means...

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 10:08 AM
So your case ins't that they will make chemistry issues its, well anything is possible. Sorry but its a bad argument. If the Celtics are healthy they run the East. Toronto or Philly may push them to a 6th game but that's it and it won't be an ultra competitive 6 gamesMy case is the entire history of sports bud. Sorry that you are just tuning in for the first time ever.

ZH721
09-04-2018, 10:09 AM
First off, yes tre clearly said that. Not the first thing, but the second.

A strong finals showing? Why is that crazy? Not one person said they would beat the Warriors.

Youíre acting like Kyrie didnít just play 60 games with the team and that Hayward is some selfish ball hog.

Kind of feels like youíre trying to downplay the Celtics in order for you to feel better about the Raptors, no?

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 10:15 AM
So your case ins't that they will make chemistry issues its, well anything is possible. Sorry but its a bad argument. If the Celtics are healthy they run the East. Toronto or Philly may push them to a 6th game but that's it and it won't be an ultra competitive 6 gamesToronto, btw, was the best team in the conference last year, and upgraded from a B level star to an A+. You can definitely argue that is as big an upgrade as Hayward over whoever's minutes he is replacing since Hayward is not even close in impact to a healthy Kawhi. It should be tight.

Philly could definitely surprise but putting them at even with Toronto is just weird.

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 10:17 AM
A strong finals showing? Why is that crazy? Not one person said they would beat the Warriors.

Youíre acting like Kyrie didnít just play 60 games with the team and that Hayward is some selfish ball hog.

Kind of feels like youíre trying to downplay the Celtics in order for you to feel better about the Raptors, no?Fair enough man. I understand why you might feel that way although I can say with conviction that is not the case. If you knew my history well you would know I am rarely on the side of more stars unequivocally equals better regardless. Stars bring egos that sort of inherently work against the head coaches best interests.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Kind of feels like youíre trying to downplay the Celtics in order for you to feel better about the Raptors, no?

That is all true, but OTOH you can't deny that the Bucks had far more problems than the Celtics because:

1. They didn't have Telletovic who they lost after a career ending injury and never replaced.
2. They had Brogdon & Jabari on restricted minutes and under performing, Jabari coming back from a career threatening injury and Brogdon from a very serious one.
3. The Bucks played with a 3rd class coaching team against one of the better coaches in the league.

Yet... the Bucks (just) lost the playoff series against the Celtics only because they had a home court handicap!

ewing
09-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Toronto, btw, was the best team in the conference last year, and upgraded from a B level star to an A+. You can definitely argue that is as big an upgrade as Hayward over whoever's minutes he is replacing since Hayward is not even close in impact to a healthy Kawhi. It should be tight.

Philly could definitely surprise but putting them at even with Toronto is just weird.

They were not the best team in the conference. They struggled with Washington and then got smoked. Everyone knew it was going to happen

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 10:40 AM
They were not the best team in the conference. They struggled with Washington and then got smoked. Everyone knew it was going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDude. Recency bias much. They showed over 82 games what they were. Then DeRozan went, well, playoff DeRozan. Happens every year. If Kawhi lays a total egg in the playoffs then your point will be a good one.

I dont think you've ever looked closely at just how stunning the difference is between regular season Demar and playoff Demar and I challenge you to find anyone, ANYONE, who has had such a drastic falloff over a sample size of more than a few games. And dont give me any eye test nonsense. The stats are there for all to see.

You are right, though, you knew what was going to happen because you knew the people involved, and their history. At least be consistent and admit that there is plenty of reason to think things will be different because Kawhi is not DeRozan.

Teams do not choke, collections of players choke. And the guy who has choked worst, as evidence by a mountain of advanced stats, is gone. Replaced by a guy who is not only better but has had a couple of the best postseason runs of the past ten years.

ewing
09-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Dude. Recency bias much. They showed over 82 games what they were. Then DeRozan went, well, playoff DeRozan. Happens every year. If Kawhi lays a total egg in the playoffs then your point will be a good one.

I dont think you've ever looked closely at just how stunning the difference is between regular season Demar and playoff Demar and I challenge you to find anyone, ANYONE, who has had such a drastic falloff over a sample size of more than a few games. And dont give me any eye test nonsense. The stats are there for all to see.

You are right, though, you knew what was going to happen because you knew the people involved, and their history. At least be consistent and admit that there is plenty of reason to think things will be different because Kawhi is not DeRozan.

Teams do not choke, collections of players choke. And the guy who has choked worst, as evidence by a mountain of advanced stats, is gone. Replaced by a guy who is not only better but has had a couple of the best postseason runs of the past ten years.

Your team is better but they werenít that good to start and they certainly arenít as good as Boston plus two all stars. Yes Demar hasnít play well in the playoffs but he isnít the only reason the raps drop off in the playoffs. Teams shorten rotations in the playoffs. Teams that have an advantage in the regular season bc they go a solid 10 deep lose that advantage. Teams also tighten in D, teams without guys that create lots of opportunities for others struggle. The Raps were a classic regular season team. KL made them better then last year but last year was there chance to pull something off b/c of Boston injuries and Philly's youth. Now they are done

buckalis
09-04-2018, 11:58 AM
The Raps were a classic regular season team. KL made them better then last year but last year was there chance to pull something off. Now they are done

That's questionable... The Raptors can only expected to be better this season with O.G Anunoby & Siakam being significantly better...

I don't expect Kwahi to bring a significant improvement on the roster, but both O.G and Siakam should cause a vast improvement over last season.

FlashBolt
09-04-2018, 02:32 PM

No, I never said the deals don't exist. Since you know so much about the subject enough to say definitively that Giannis will be the 3rd highest paid player in terms of endorsements and no one else here can find the numbers, then the onus is on you to support your claims. It's easy for you to tell someone to Google something that may or may not exist. It just sounds like you're a troll, honestly.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 02:50 PM
"......No, I never said the deals don't exist......" and then ".....It's easy for you to tell someone to Google something that may or may not exist....."

Make your mind up...

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Your team is better but they werenít that good to start and they certainly arenít as good as Boston plus two all stars. Yes Demar hasnít play well in the playoffs but he isnít the only reason the raps drop off in the playoffs. Teams shorten rotations in the playoffs. Teams that have an advantage in the regular season bc they go a solid 10 deep lose that advantage. Teams also tighten in D, teams without guys that create lots of opportunities for others struggle. The Raps were a classic regular season team. KL made them better then last year but last year was there chance to pull something off b/c of Boston injuries and Philly's youth. Now they are done

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLol ok

ewing
09-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Lol ok

Window is closed

WaDe03
09-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Window is closed

This is a great post but I expect nothing less from a great poster. Itís short and straight to the point and that point is.....the Celtics run the east!

beasted86
09-04-2018, 07:55 PM
I don't expect Leonard to be his old self and Ibaka under performed last season... Also the Raptors are well into luxury tax and I think they will have to part with a major contract of theirs for an expiring one... Ibaka will be among the most difficult contracts to move, it may be Val they will move.

That's what I feel is everyone believes he can't be 100% back. Everyone must feel Leonard will not be his old self.

Because at least 99% of the Raptors detractors talk about offense and how everyone disappears. But if Kawhi can improve them defensively along with the coaching, they can afford to be mediocre offensively. They only need 1 superstar, a fringe all-star in Lowry, and a couple of contributions from role players.

Otherwise they lock you up for a 3-4 minute spell and go on a run every time.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 08:06 PM
That's what I feel is everyone believes he can't be 100% back. Everyone must feel Leonard will not be his old self.

Because at least 99% of the Raptors detractors talk about offense and how everyone disappears. But if Kawhi can improve them defensively along with the coaching, they can afford to be mediocre offensively. They only need 1 superstar, a fringe all-star in Lowry, and a couple of contributions from role players.

Otherwise they lock you up for a 3-4 minute spell and go on a run every time.

Despite that I don't expect Leonard to contribute on the Raptors more than DeRozan did and that Ibaka will continue to disapoint, I do expect the Raptors to be significantly better this season, because of the huge contribution I expect from O.G. Anunoby and Siakam...

I believe that both will be starters this season and depending on the level their performance will impact the team, the Raptors could be able to seriously content the Celtics till the playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Lmfao what?

Bro Kawhi, is the best player in the East.

Kawhi > DeRozan

Kawhi > Giannis

Kawhi > OG & Siakam

buckalis
09-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Lmfao what?

Bro Kawhi, is the best player in the East.

Kawhi > DeRozan

Kawhi > Giannis

Kawhi > OG & Siakam

Honestly Buddy... you have to examined by a psychiatrist... You LMFAO on anything...

-That Giannis is the best player in the East, it's not me saying, it's the whole sport press of the U.S.... of course you are entitled to an "opinion" and even your FA out of Lmfao, can fao all it wants...
-None said that DeRosan is (was) better than Kawahi... all we agreed (both in the conversation you jumped in being uninvited, only to lm your fao) is that we don't expect Leonard to contribute on the Raptors more than DeRozan did...
-Nobody claimed that OG or Siakam are better than Kwahi either... All I said is that I expect them to be much & further improved as to cause the Raptors to be significantly better... Therefore you can L your happy fao all the more you want...

beasted86
09-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Despite that I don't expect Leonard to contribute on the Raptors more than DeRozan did and that Ibaka will continue to disapoint, I do expect the Raptors to be significantly better this season, because of the huge contribution I expect from O.G. Anunoby and Siakam...

I believe that both will be starters this season and depending on the level their performance will impact the team, the Raptors could be able to seriously content the Celtics till the playoffs.

There's too much hypocrisy in this post. Not sure it's worth addressing.

Toronto significantly better yet at the same no greater contribution than DeRozan. That basically says all their improvement only comes from young players developing. The starters statement just makes 0% sense. Even if you're suggesting Ibaka gets demoted, you're saying they demoting/trading Val? If by some loophole you're saying he gets injured, doesn't make sense how he will be injured and they're still significantly better.

Post is all over the place.

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 10:15 PM

Toronto significantly better yet at the same no greater contribution than DeRozan. That basically says all their improvement only comes from young players developing. The starters statement just makes 0% sense. Even if you're suggesting Ibaka gets demoted, you're saying they demoting/trading Val? If by some loophole you're saying he gets injured, doesn't make sense how he will be injured and they're still significantly better.

Lmfao Got em.

Jamiecballer
09-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Window is closedPlease. Until a dominant team arises the window is more than wide open. There is no Lebron, no Warriors.

Scoots
09-04-2018, 10:24 PM
What didn't you find? That Giannis has a new multi million deal with Nike (previous one was an old made when drafted for ...25K) that includes his own shoe?
That Giannis has new TV endorsments?
or that Giannis has new contracts with computer and console gamming that includes him being on the cover?

Go convince all that these don't exist or that they were included in his previous (2016) 7th place ranking in endorsements then... it's a good way for one to look ...whatever!

To re-phrase ... "blah blah blah, maybe I made it up, whatever".

Link or nobody is going to believe it.

buckalis
09-04-2018, 10:25 PM

No hypocrisy whatsoever, I do believe there is great talent on both Annunoby and Siakam and I expect them both to be starters... I expect from Siakam to be better than Ibaka ever was and Anunoby I think will be an All Star before his rookie contract expires...

Val is a great Center, but more and more coaches realize that better center centers don't impact the team as much as better players on all the other positions do... Modern basketball is tending towards playing two "big" PFs with no (real-classic) center at all on the floor... This year's draft results suggest the same...

Scoots
09-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Honestly Buddy... you have to examined by a psychiatrist... You LMFAO on anything...

-That Giannis is the best player in the East, it's not me saying, it's the whole sport press of the U.S.... of course you are entitled to an "opinion" and even your FA out of Lmfao, can fao all it wants...
-None said that DeRosan is (was) better than Kawahi... all we agreed (both in the conversation you jumped in being uninvited, only to lm your fao) is that we don't expect Leonard to contribute on the Raptors more than DeRozan did...
-Nobody claimed that OG or Siakam are better than Kwahi either... All I said is that I expect them to be much & further improved as to cause the Raptors to be significantly better... Therefore you can L your happy fao all the more you want...

The last year Giannis and Kawhi were both healthy Giannis finished tied for 7th in MVP voting with John Wall, Kawhi finished 3rd. That seems to be a fairly conclusive opinion of "the whole sport press of the U.S." The next year when Kawhi was not in the running because of injury or insanity, Giannis moved up 1 whole spot to 6th.

At this point, I'd say it's completely reasonable to say a healthy Kawhi has an inside shot at being the best player in the East.

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 11:05 PM
Kawhi > Giannis

buckalis
09-04-2018, 11:14 PM
The last year Giannis and Kawhi were both healthy Giannis finished tied for 7th in MVP voting with John Wall, Kawhi finished 3rd. That seems to be a fairly conclusive opinion of "the whole sport press of the U.S." The next year when Kawhi was not in the running because of injury or insanity, Giannis moved up 1 whole spot to 6th.

At this point, I'd say it's completely reasonable to say a healthy Kawhi has an inside shot at being the best player in the East.

Soooo... Giannis finished 7th in voting when he was 21yo and Kwahi 3rd at his 27... and then "At this point......"

I guess a better comparison would be "lets put them both on the market and see who gets better value" or even better... lets ask the F.O of the Raptors what they would offer on top of what cost them to get Kwahi in order to land Giannis... and then even better... Lets see how many teams will show interest to land Kwahi (I guess we already have an estimation on this) and how many would be interested on Giannis... that would be fan! :D

GREATNESS ONE
09-04-2018, 11:39 PM
Celtics
76ers/Raptors
Indy
Wizards
Bucks
Heat
NYK

beasted86
09-05-2018, 12:38 AM
No hypocrisy whatsoever, I do believe there is great talent on both Annunoby and Siakam and I expect them both to be starters... I expect from Siakam to be better than Ibaka ever was and Anunoby I think will be an All Star before his rookie contract expires...

Val is a great Center, but more and more coaches realize that better center centers don't impact the team as much as better players on all the other positions do... Modern basketball is tending towards playing two "big" PFs with no (real-classic) center at all on the floor... This year's draft results suggest the same...

First you said starters this season and now backpedaling to "before end of rookie contact".

Obvious troll is obvious.

GREATNESS ONE
09-05-2018, 01:12 AM
First you said starters this season and now backpedaling to "before end of rookie contact".

Obvious troll is obvious.

He tries

Jeffy25
09-05-2018, 02:04 AM
Celtics
76ers
Raptors
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

Don't care behind that.

GREATNESS ONE
09-05-2018, 02:16 AM
Celtics
76ers
Raptors
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

Don't care behind that.

Looks about right, pretty similar to mine

WaDe03
09-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Lmfao Got em.

Lmfao!!! (Please forgive me for swearing lord!)