PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah

Scoots
08-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Does he have anything left?

There is speculation he will be released by the Knicks in some way (trade, stretch, cut, whatever) after September 1. Can he still play at a reasonable level in the NBA?

Hawkeye15
08-09-2018, 01:42 PM
The Wolves WILL sign him. And no, he has nothing left.

Chronz
08-09-2018, 01:49 PM
He can't stay healthy. Best case scenario hes a 3rd center with value as an emergency replacement for say Cole Aldrich

WaDe03
08-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Another fake tough guy, hell probably end up with the Warriors.

Tg11
08-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Noah should retire

AntiG
08-09-2018, 02:30 PM
could potentially end up in Boston if he's healthy. Horford and Noah have been wanting to reunite, and the C's could use a backup center.

kdspurman
08-09-2018, 02:36 PM
The Wolves WILL sign him. And no, he has nothing left.

TimberBulls in full effect

mightybosstone
08-09-2018, 02:39 PM
I could feasibly see him as a guy who has a role similar to what Nene has done in Houston, but to a lesser extent, where he's the primary backup 5 somewhere, but he doesn't play back-to-backs, only comes in for 10-15 minutes per game and gets a lot of time off throughout the season for nagging injuries.

In the season before last, he was actually a competent rotational player statistically. He's still horribly inefficient as a scorer, but he contributes to other areas enough to be useful on the floor. But I just don't see him playing more than 15-20 minutes per game for 40-45 games a season and maybe being a guy who could come off the bench once every few nights in a playoff series to provide some defensive intensity.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2018, 02:49 PM
TimberBulls in full effect

yep, it's annoying

Scoots
08-09-2018, 04:21 PM
It's amazing how many contracts were signed that seemed obviously bad to fans that teams willingly went into. He's still owed almost $38M.

mngopher35
08-09-2018, 04:22 PM
ya if he gets let go I can't help but think Thibs brings him to MN...

He is done having a big impact either way but could be a bench piece I guess

Chronz
08-09-2018, 04:56 PM
I could feasibly see him as a guy who has a role similar to what Nene has done in Houston, but to a lesser extent, where he's the primary backup 5 somewhere, but he doesn't play back-to-backs, only comes in for 10-15 minutes per game and gets a lot of time off throughout the season for nagging injuries.

In the season before last, he was actually a competent rotational player statistically. He's still horribly inefficient as a scorer, but he contributes to other areas enough to be useful on the floor. But I just don't see him playing more than 15-20 minutes per game for 40-45 games a season and maybe being a guy who could come off the bench once every few nights in a playoff series to provide some defensive intensity.

He couldn't hold up in that role, he needs the role beneath that

More-Than-Most
08-09-2018, 07:08 PM
i just dont get how guys can fall off a cliff when healthy. I feel like most of these guys that decline without injury are those who just dont work out like they should and rely on their body and age... dont get me wrong when you are 24 its amazing but being 31 shouldnt make you lose your shooting/passing/rebounding/running up and down the court etc.

D-Leethal
08-09-2018, 08:36 PM
I think he's got more left in the tank than most people give him credit for. I think ideally he's a low MPG backup to a high MPG starter who can take on special defensive assignments when needed. His shining moment as a Knick was frustrating the **** out of Boogie last year. He can still take on those guys in big moments defensively. But you have to keep his minutes down and hide him on offense.

COOLbeans
08-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Can he be better than JaVale? If so then hed be a good contributor on a contender

ewing
08-10-2018, 06:30 AM
I dont think he can or should play extended mins and needs a decent fit. The said he can absolutely contribute given a good environment and I always hated the guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-10-2018, 08:48 AM
yep, it's annoying

Want Snell as well? Wolves wanted him when he was on his rookie deal with Bulls. But Bucks over bid our selves first minute of free agency other summer. Doubt Wolves want his contract now.

cheetos185
08-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Nobody is trading for noah now that Knicks themselves have leaked news of buying him out typical Knicks zero patience always chasing injured max players.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

DamnGoat
08-10-2018, 12:17 PM
He looked done 2 years ago when he missed almost the entire season with the Bulls.

I love him, was a huge part of the Bulls run with Rose & Thibs, but I think he's cooked.