PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day

Tg11
08-09-2018, 11:19 AM
So what y'all think about the Christmas Day games for the NBA 2018-19 Regular Season?

12pm- Bucks/Knicks
3pm- Thunder/Rockets
5:30pm- 76ers/Celtics
8pm- LeBron's Lakers/Warriors
10:30 pm- Trailblazers/Jazz

MygirlhatesCod
08-09-2018, 12:18 PM
first game needs to change. .

Tg11
08-09-2018, 12:24 PM
At least Lonzo will get to play on Christmas because all the stars be out on Christmas

c.c.
08-10-2018, 08:15 PM
I understand all that big market bs but even with Porzingis, I do not want to see the Knicks play on Xmas. Ugh

GREATNESS ONE
08-10-2018, 09:08 PM
At least Lonzo will get to play on Christmas because all the stars be out on Christmas

Thanks for Kawhi! Enjoy your last year of relevancy, maybe you guys can make some noise since Lebron won't be there to spank that *** again

Cal827
08-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks for Kawhi! Enjoy your last year of relevancy, maybe you guys can make some noise since Lebron won't be there to spank that *** again

He's a Celtics fan.

GREATNESS ONE
08-10-2018, 09:27 PM
He's a Celtics fan.

ewwww Even worse!

GREATNESS ONE
08-10-2018, 09:28 PM
How are you going to be from Toronto and live there only to be a Tics fan.... Yikes.

Cal827
08-11-2018, 01:26 AM
:laugh2:

Though from an entertainment perspective, they probably could've switched the Knicks out (though we all understand why they're there. Hopefully Porzingis is okay, and doesn't rush back.

aman_13
08-11-2018, 10:39 AM
How are you going to be from Toronto and live there only to be a Tics fan.... Yikes.He must have jumped on the bandwagon when KG and Allen joined.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
08-11-2018, 11:31 AM
That's a pretty good lineup. I'm obviously biased, but Houston/OKC has been such a tense rivalry since Harden came to Houston, and every game between those two teams is always entertaining. And if Melo ever signs in Houston, that will make things especially interesting. Philly/Boston and LA/Golden State were obvious matchups that should be fun rivalries to watch this year as well.

The other two matchups aren't quite as entertaining, but even as bad as New York is, I think they'll be a fun team to watch this year if Porzingis can stay healthy. A Giannis/Porzingis matchup should hardly be boring. I actually think I'll be more bored by Portland/Utah. Obviously they're both very good teams, but I just don't see anything sexy there on paper. Should still be a good game, though.

If there was one matchup I think the NBA missed out on, it was Toronto vs. San Antonio. Kawhi and DeRozan playing against their old teams? That would have been legitimately fun. It looks like this one is scheduled for the first Thursday in January, but Christmas day would have made more sense. That being said, I can never get away from family functions to watch much basketball on Christmas day, so this actually works out better for me.

Vee-Rex
08-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Why the hell is Toronto not playing on Christmas day?

Man they always get the shaft.

Tg11
08-11-2018, 08:05 PM
San Antonio vs Toronto would have made much more sense especially on Christmas but I would have the game in Toronto especially on Christmas. DeRozan especially coming back to Air Canada Centre now called Scotiabank Arena for the first time in a Spurs uniform on Christmas Day it would have been a sell-out game for sure. Kawhi playing his old team especially on Christmas in his new home of Toronto the ratings just for that game alone would have been through the roof. The storylines too...just a missed opportunity

I would have then slotted that game into the 3:00 pm slot and have OKC/Houston go on first at 12pm and then the 5:30 game being Bucks/Knicks and then 8:00 pm would have been POR/UTA and then the 10:30 game being Lakers/Warriors to finish off the Christmas slot

Dat is just how I would have done it

Ishkabibble
08-13-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't hate the Christmas Day schedule but it's blah and ended up being pretty predictable.

Tg11
08-19-2018, 09:02 AM
However they are so many other teams who are more deserving though

JordansBulls
08-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Bulls vs Warriors would have been good.