PDA

View Full Version : PSD Preseason Team Power Rankings #4

Rivera
08-08-2018, 07:47 AM
To generate more discussion, I thought it could be fun to debate and have a pre season NBA rankings before anyone hits the floor. We can look back and laugh at how wrong we were or boast about how right we were

To put some structure behind this, I want to rank the best teams in terms of title contenders. Most of PSD feels GSW will sleep walk to another title this season with the addition of DMC so I will rank them as the defacto #1 with no voting.

Who would you rank as the 2nd best team? I will leave the poll open for the weekend, and continue this every other day (minus weekends) - (M/W/F)

Who are you ranking as the 2nd best team in the NBA

(Poll: If I left out a team you feel deserves to be in the poll, please add the team below in this thread)

Lets Debate!

PSD Power Rankings:

1) Golden State Warriors
2) Houston Rockets
3) Boston Celtics

GREATNESS ONE
08-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Lebron James has a better team around him this year, this is easily LBJ Lakers.

mightybosstone
08-08-2018, 01:19 PM
This is between Toronto and Philly for me (sorry Greatness). On paper, at least, that Toronto team has the potential to be pretty special. If they get buy-in from Kawhi and similar production from everyone else, there's no reason the Raptors couldn't be as good as last year, but with a way better chance to advance in the postseason.

Philly is right behind them for me, but they didn't really get much better on paper this summer. Their improvement this season will come from the development of their young guys, which is a much harder thing to project. If Simmons, Embiid and Fultz all get better, could they be the No. 1 or No. 2 seed in the East? Absolutely, but gun to my head, I think it's Boston and Toronto at 1 and 2, respectively.

Rivera
08-08-2018, 01:25 PM
I do think it’s between Toronto and Philly. What do I believe in more?

That Kawhi buys in or that Phillys 2 young stars (Embiid/Simmons) can stay healthy ? How good is Fultz really?

I’m leaning towards Toronto because of less questions but it’s close

GREATNESS ONE
08-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Yet if Lebron stayed on the Cavs, it would easily be Cavs. :p

Bostonjorge
08-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Those top 3 teams are elite so no beef. After them Lakers are the next best team. Toronto gets 1st seed and get bounced in the second round. Sixers are injured all season long or players are “not ready”.

Lakers are healthy and have a good mixture of young and veteran players. They will be a elite defensive team for sure with the players they have.

Just like last year. Toronto can have a better record but we all know James will go in and just wreck them. Season records don’t give edge in the power rankings. Rockets and Celtics could have a better record then GS but that will not give them a higher power ranking spot.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2018, 02:33 PM
I picked Philly. But Toronto has a beef here. Utah is a dark horse as well.

bucketss
08-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Those top 3 teams are elite so no beef. After them Lakers are the next best team. Toronto gets 1st seed and get bounced in the second round. Sixers are injured all season long or players are “not ready”.

Lakers are healthy and have a good mixture of young and veteran players. They will be a elite defensive team for sure with the players they have.

Just like last year. Toronto can have a better record but we all know James will go in and just wreck them. Season records don’t give edge in the power rankings. Rockets and Celtics could have a better record then GS but that will not give them a higher power ranking spot.

how can lebron wreck the raptors if hes in LA ? :confused:

cmellofan15
08-08-2018, 03:08 PM

With his jedi mind tricks of course

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Philly 4th? I think they are a year away.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
08-08-2018, 05:01 PM

I meant “can” go in and wreck them. Toronto’s best player is already trying to find a way out and it’s barley August. Toronto are pretenders and are on the way down and out, not on the rise like the lakers.

Out of all the teams left would you really bet against James when it really counts? Like May Basketball?

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 05:37 PM
I meant “can” go in and wreck them. Toronto’s best player is already trying to find a way out and it’s barley August. Toronto are pretenders and are on the way down and out, not on the rise like the lakers.

Out of all the teams left would you really bet against James when it really counts? Like May Basketball?The Raptors also subtracted their biggest choker, who also happens to be the guy most depended on to step up. That should change the equation significantly imo.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk