PDA

View Full Version : Sixers are cursed

More-Than-Most
08-07-2018, 10:24 PM
[Shams] Sources: Philadelphia 76ers rookie Zhaire Smith has suffered a fractured left foot. Smith, the No. 16 pick in the Draft, hurt his foot on Monday in Las Vegas during a developmental camp for NBA players.

:laugh:

its pretty comical at this point in all honesty. You cant make this **** up.

Htownballa1622
08-08-2018, 11:20 AM
I don't feel bad one bit for 6ers because they did Hinkie wrong.

IKnowHoops
08-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Man wow. Gonna be hard to keep Big Ben

TheDish87
08-08-2018, 11:55 AM

lol wut?

IKnowHoops
08-08-2018, 12:42 PM
lol wut?

Lol really?

warfelg
08-08-2018, 12:49 PM

The NBAdid it.

warfelg
08-08-2018, 12:50 PM

Lol this is a joke post. Zhaire Smith needed development anyways.

ewing
08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Sixers are whiney

Scoots
08-08-2018, 12:58 PM
The NBAdid it.

Nah, we've been over this ... Harris caved to pressure, but it was still his choice.

Storch
08-08-2018, 01:35 PM
I think the real question is, hoes that mom in hr doin lol

ewing
08-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I think the real question is, hoes that mom in hr doin lol

what?

Chronz
08-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Nah, we've been over this ... Harris caved to pressure, but it was still his choice.

Gun against your head, it's your choice that you sucked dick

Scoots
08-08-2018, 02:14 PM

So is your analogy implying that the NBA straight up threatened to kill Harris?

TheDish87
08-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Lol really?

you made no sense as usual

WaDe03
08-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Early favorite for 2019-2020 ROY

IKnowHoops
08-08-2018, 06:53 PM
😂👌

IKnowHoops
08-08-2018, 06:54 PM
you made no sense as usual

Yet u understood completely and like the coward you are you played dumb.

More-Than-Most
08-09-2018, 01:44 AM

It wasnt the sixers... blame us for tanking and beating the system but the system did us wrong by forcing out hinkie... I cant blame ownership for it when it was them against the NBA. I doubt they had a choice without ****ing things up badly. I just love that the NBA picked colangelo and what a horrid waste he was.

JAZZNC
08-09-2018, 03:07 AM
It wasnt the sixers... blame us for tanking and beating the system but the system did us wrong by forcing out hinkie... I cant blame ownership for it when it was them against the NBA. I doubt they had a choice without ****ing things up badly. I just love that the NBA picked colangelo and what a horrid waste he was.

Y'all didn't beat the system, y'all got lucky as **** haha! **** the bed for half a decade and got lucky with two potential franchise talents. I'd be sticking my chest out too if I was a Sixers fan but y'all just had massive strokes of luck. No beating the system involved. I'm not convinced that Hinkie was great at all, he just knew how to not field an NBA roster on purpose. It's unfortunate that we'll never know if he was really any good .

warfelg
08-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Y'all didn't beat the system, y'all got lucky as **** haha! **** the bed for half a decade and got lucky with two potential franchise talents. I'd be sticking my chest out too if I was a Sixers fan but y'all just had massive strokes of luck. No beating the system involved. I'm not convinced that Hinkie was great at all, he just knew how to not field an NBA roster on purpose. It's unfortunate that we'll never know if he was really any good .

Luck to find TJ McConnell and Robert Covington? Was it luck that Jahlil Okafor decided to be a complete **** bag his rookie year? Luck that Nerlens Noel has **** for brains?

If you're counting the lottery then every team with a high pick got lucky as ****. The only time we caught some luck was when Joel Embiid broke his foot and the Cavs and Bucks passed on him.

People want to make comments that you made, but at some point you need to look around the NBA and take a tally of how many guys in the NBA got a shot with Philly to start.

THE MTL
08-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Lol every Sixers rookie misses their first year

TheDish87
08-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Yet u understood completely and like the coward you are you played dumb.

i dont understand at all lol

warfelg
08-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Also I said this in the Sixers forum but this is what I hate about Drew League, NBA Africa game, player workout pickup game, and basically anything not team sanctioned or country related. Smith literally got hurt trying to improve for his rookie year, and it sounds like he was playing pickup when he did.

If I were a GM I would make it in the contract that you can only play for you team or your country. I’m not going to pay you to get injured in a meaningless game you are playing in for “pride”.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 09:14 AM
i dont understand at all lol

I guess that makes one of you

warfelg
08-09-2018, 09:22 AM

No, what you said is just about the silliest thing ever. What impact does a developmental rookie missing one year, who was going to be behind RoCo, Redick, Chandler, Fultz, and Korkmaz in minutes, have on Ben Simmons future?

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 09:34 AM
No, what you said is just about the silliest thing ever. What impact does a developmental rookie missing one year, who was going to be behind RoCo, Redick, Chandler, Fultz, and Korkmaz in minutes, have on Ben Simmons future?

Well you disagree. That’s fine. Disagreeing and not understanding are to different things

TheDish87
08-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Also I said this in the Sixers forum but this is what I hate about Drew League, NBA Africa game, player workout pickup game, and basically anything not team sanctioned or country related. Smith literally got hurt trying to improve for his rookie year, and it sounds like he was playing pickup when he did.

If I were a GM I would make it in the contract that you can only play for you team or your country. I’m not going to pay you to get injured in a meaningless game you are playing in for “pride”.

eh this is their lives, they live basketball and the kid was at a development camp trying to get better i cant knock that. Guys have been doing this since forever and if its not something notable its pretty serious pick up games with other players.

TheDish87
08-09-2018, 09:38 AM

dude what the **** are you talking about? is it really that hard for you to clarify? my lawd.

IKnowHoops

But for kicks, the same thing that drove Embiid to say that Philly is cursed, will be part of why Ben doesn’t re-up with you guys. When you believe something is cursed, are you excited to be there? If not, then you understand. But ur a 76ers fan. I’d rebuke what I said too if I was you. But “cursed” doesn’t mean attractive destination.

IKnowHoops
dude what the **** are you talking about? is it really that hard for you to clarify? my lawd.

Wow, you are dumb

TheDish87
08-09-2018, 09:39 AM
holy hell youre an idiot like legitimate idiot. amazing.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 09:54 AM
holy hell youre an idiot like legitimate idiot. amazing.

Kindess words your mother ever said to you I’m guessing.

TheDish87
08-09-2018, 09:56 AM
do you read the illogical **** you post?

warfelg
08-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Well you disagree. That’s fine. Disagreeing and not understanding are to different things

Lol you haven’t backed up your claim. Have fun.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Lol you haven’t backed up your claim. Have fun.

How so? I explained the logic. Your best player came out and said the team is cursed. Is that no biggie to you?

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 10:13 AM
do you read the illogical **** you post?

Is the word “Cursed” a positive in your life? Only explanation for you not connecting these dots bro.

Rivera
08-09-2018, 10:14 AM
this sucks, i did want to see smith play because of how I felt about Smith v Bridges. I thought Bridges would be the better pro and this would be a crappy way to judge the 2 but injuries are part of the game. I hope Smith recovers and we can really see whose better between Bridges and Smith so we can get that answer as to if the 76ers messed up by not keeping bridges and trading him for an unprotected first from a solid franchise

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Man, another case of a sensitive fan base. If Bron said Cleveland was cursed, would you expect him to stay there? The denial in these canvases man.

warfelg
08-09-2018, 10:20 AM
How so? I explained the logic. Your best player came out and said the team is cursed. Is that no biggie to you?

Lol. This is flimsy logic at best. Is that you Colin Cowherd?

warfelg
08-09-2018, 10:21 AM
this sucks, i did want to see smith play because of how I felt about Smith v Bridges. I thought Bridges would be the better pro and this would be a crappy way to judge the 2 but injuries are part of the game. I hope Smith recovers and we can really see whose better between Bridges and Smith so we can get that answer as to if the 76ers messed up by not keeping bridges and trading him for an unprotected first from a solid franchise

I mean if this one year was going to make it or break it for you we would never win that trade. Bridges is more day 1 ready. Smith is a bit of a project. But we also need to see what comes of the 2020 Miami Pick too before we judge this.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Lol. This is flimsy logic at best. Is that you Colin Cowherd?

You are a fan, I expect this. As someone who has no skin in the game, I feel this should worry you.

warfelg
08-09-2018, 10:36 AM
You are a fan, I expect this. As someone who has no skin in the game, I feel this should worry you.

No it shouldn’t. Lol. What should worry us is out HC making comments about star hunting and falling short. Not a guy who cracks a lot of jokes tweeting “Cursed” and thinking our other budding Superstar will walk because of it.

What should be expected is fans calling out a silly comment and forcing you to back it up (which you can’t).

Rivera
08-09-2018, 10:57 AM
I mean if this one year was going to make it or break it for you we would never win that trade. Bridges is more day 1 ready. Smith is a bit of a project. But we also need to see what comes of the 2020 Miami Pick too before we judge this.

1 year wont make it or break it, but 1 year will give you an idea of what you have and if that player has star potential on him or not. For example, after 1 year you knew what Okafor and what MCW was and how high their actual ceiling is. 1 year can determine the trajectory of a player. Yes there are instances where players like Steph or Oladipo just blossom into the players they are now but those are more exceptions than the rule

as we debated before, im in the camp that Miamis pick wont be too far from where smith was drafted, IMO best case scenario is Miami is a 10 pick because I respect that organization, they fight hard and scrap, they usually have talent and the Heat are usually well managed. I dont want to visit the whole "HS might be eligible" again cause we would go in circles about potential superstars for HS players, but also the high bust potential

IKnowHoops
08-09-2018, 10:59 AM
No it shouldn’t. Lol. What should worry us is out HC making comments about star hunting and falling short. Not a guy who cracks a lot of jokes tweeting “Cursed” and thinking our other budding Superstar will walk because of it.

What should be expected is fans calling out a silly comment and forcing you to back it up (which you can’t).

Lol. I did back it up with a perfect explanation. Your to fanned up right now.

Scoots
08-09-2018, 11:10 AM

It's an extreme hot take at best.

warfelg
08-09-2018, 11:54 AM
1 year wont make it or break it, but 1 year will give you an idea of what you have and if that player has star potential on him or not. For example, after 1 year you knew what Okafor and what MCW was and how high their actual ceiling is. 1 year can determine the trajectory of a player. Yes there are instances where players like Steph or Oladipo just blossom into the players they are now but those are more exceptions than the rule

as we debated before, im in the camp that Miamis pick wont be too far from where smith was drafted, IMO best case scenario is Miami is a 10 pick because I respect that organization, they fight hard and scrap, they usually have talent and the Heat are usually well managed. I dont want to visit the whole "HS might be eligible" again cause we would go in circles about potential superstars for HS players, but also the high bust potential

It also works the other way where guys have a good rookie year and fail to become more. Tyreke Evans, MCW.

This also kinda pulls in my Kuzma/Mitchell thing: the extra time in college (Bridges was there for 3 years) means he should be ahead year 1 anyways.

So this year 1 take has a little bit there too.

warfelg
08-09-2018, 11:58 AM
It's an extreme hot take at best.

Stop being a sensitive fan. [emoji23]

Alayla
08-09-2018, 12:11 PM
But for kicks, the same thing that drove Embiid to say that Philly is cursed, will be part of why Ben doesn’t re-up with you guys. When you believe something is cursed, are you excited to be there? If not, then you understand. But ur a 76ers fan. I’d rebuke what I said too if I was you. But “cursed” doesn’t mean attractive destination.

Even if simmons wanted to leave it's going to be a long time before he can i'm not sure why people are talking about this.

Rivera
08-09-2018, 12:44 PM
It also works the other way where guys have a good rookie year and fail to become more. Tyreke Evans, MCW.

This also kinda pulls in my Kuzma/Mitchell thing: the extra time in college (Bridges was there for 3 years) means he should be ahead year 1 anyways.

So this year 1 take has a little bit there too.

Well I used MCW in my example, to use him in yours when we are on opposite sides doesnt clear anything up. MCW rookie year was super overrated and Hinkie knew that despite winning ROY and thats why he got traded. You could see from year 1 what these players were

MCW - he was a volume scorer with a broken jump shot, you saw that year 1 in his ROY season and he never improved on his jump shot. you saw great length, a potential leader on the floor and a potential defensive player due to his size but he just never improved on his jump shot. That was year 1. I have no idea about his work ethic or maturity but it seems like hes not the hardest of worker because he hasnt built of his year 1 success.

Tyreke - put up 20/5/5. You saw with the ball he was lethal, you also saw someone who didnt have a great jump shot and someone who wasnt fully mature. When you saw him play you would see 2 Tyrekes. A menace on the court who could get to the rim, create for others someone who is fun to watch. You also saw someone who had too many lapses and wasnt always engaged. Now that hes older hes gotten better, more mature which helped his bounce back season. He also shot better from the floor, if he can keep it up he will be a starter again

What you see from Kuzma: a flat out scoring machine. Dude can score. Right now hes a volume scorer but dude can score. He has a lot in his arsenal. What you also see is someone who is a liability on defense, someone who doesnt move the ball well, someone who doesnt see a shot they dont like. He has to work on his shot selection. Like everyone they have to improve, but there is more positives than negatives with Kuz. He looks like an all time 6th man who can come off the bench and score 20. Unless if he improves on defense, he wont be a starter in this league. and you can determine that based off a full season. What we dont know about is that persons work ethic, and how bad they want to be great. It seems like Kuz is a hard worker and a basketball lifer, he seems like he wants to be great. Hes got a lot of work to do but he seems like he has his head on straight

Mitchell - you see a potential superstar. His turnover rate was high, decision making needs to improve, shot has to be more consistent, and he has to learn how to lean on his teammates because at times, he can go "westbrook" meaning try so hard to win the game for his team. Hes got to work on his defense to get to that next level. What we dont know is the same as Kuz. How bad he wants it and how hard he works, like Kuz he seems to have both but we dont really know that because we arent with them or seeing what they really do on a daily basis

if you scout what you are watching and not blinded by the name in front or on the back of the jersey, you can make a determination on a players skill set, how they have to improve and the direction that player is heading. You can determine that on a players first season

its much easier judging a players talent when they are in the league vs college

Scoots
08-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Even if simmons wanted to leave it's going to be a long time before he can i'm not sure why people are talking about this.

I think it was just to troll Sixers fans.

IKnowHoops
08-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Stop being a sensitive fan. [emoji23]

Lol, you got me, why would he be sensitive to this, he’s a GSW fan...then again

IKnowHoops
08-11-2018, 11:22 AM
I think it was just to troll Sixers fans.

GSW sensitivity shinning through

Silent
08-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Might wanna change your name.

Scoots
08-11-2018, 01:04 PM
GSW sensitivity shinning through

Yep, waaaaaaah. Of course I don't know what this has to do with climbing trees though.

More-Than-Most
08-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Might wanna change your name.

i have always assumed he was a professional hula hooper because there is 0 chance his name goes with basketball.

Silent
08-12-2018, 06:05 PM
i have always assumed he was a professional hula hooper because there is 0 chance his name goes with basketball.

:hi5:

Scoots
08-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Mitchell - you see a potential superstar. His turnover rate was high, decision making needs to improve, shot has to be more consistent, and he has to learn how to lean on his teammates because at times, he can go "westbrook" meaning try so hard to win the game for his team. Hes got to work on his defense to get to that next level. What we dont know is the same as Kuz. How bad he wants it and how hard he works, like Kuz he seems to have both but we dont really know that because we arent with them or seeing what they really do on a daily basis

A high turnover rate is actually a positive historically for rookies.

IKnowHoops
08-12-2018, 08:04 PM

Sensitivity

IKnowHoops
08-12-2018, 08:05 PM
:hi5:

Double Penetrivity

CityofTreez
08-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Thought IKnowSensitivity was op trolling sixers, but then saw MTM was op lol

IKnowHoops
08-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Thought IKnowSensitivity was op trolling sixers, but then saw MTM was op lol

Exactly

Ibringoutsensativityinothersbybeingrealwhiketalkin gandknowinghoops.

I just gave an opinion and people got sensitive.