PDA

View Full Version : PSD's Mock Offseason Playoffs: Spurs at Nuggets (redux)

Super.
08-03-2018, 11:16 PM
THIS ISNT REAL. This is a bunch of users here who simulated an offseason and heres what we've ended up with. Please vote on which team would win a 7 game series and please dont vote for your favorite team just because theyre you're favorite.

Spurs
Kyrie Irving / DeJounte Murray / Austin Rivers
Malcom Brogdon / Josh Hart / Derrick White
Marcus Morris / Manu Ginobili
Kyle Kuzma/ Thad Young / Guerschon Yabusuele
LaMarcus Aldridge / Pau Gasol

@

Nuggets
PG:Kemba Walker / TJ McConnell
SG:Klay Thompson / Thabo Sefelosha / Luke Kennard
SF:Kevin Durant / Jeff Green / Michael Beasley
PF:Serge Ibaka / Frank Kaminsky / Juan Hernangomez
C:Al Horford / Nene / Boban Marjonovic

GREATNESS ONE
08-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Lmao I lov this guy

GREATNESS ONE
08-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Spurs win Kyrie and LMA matchups, Nuggets win KD/KT matchups, Kuzma vs Ibaka feels like tomorrow/Now and has yesterday/been, and Spurs win the bench maytch-up quite easily

mrblisterdundee
08-04-2018, 02:27 AM
Spurs win Kyrie and LMA matchups, Nuggets win KD/KT matchups, Kuzma vs Ibaka feels like tomorrow/Now and has yesterday/been, and Spurs win the bench maytch-up quite easily

Horford's defense weighs heavily against Aldridge's offense. Ibaka could do anything from suck to being an all-NBA-level defender who can switch onto Aldridge and lock down Kuzma, who's going to get abused by any member of the Nuggets' front court.
Kyrie wins the point guard battle, but it's not like he'll stop Walker from scoring. Klay will keep Brogdon and Murray busy on the perimeter and could be switched onto Kyrie.
The Spurs have the better guards, but the Nuggets have more athletic, dynamic-scoring bigs. Beasley will feast on the Spurs' bench. I'd argue his value is pretty close to Pau's.
In the end, though, Durant will put the Nuggets over the top. He's on another level above Kyrie and Aldridge.

Quinnsanity
08-06-2018, 01:11 PM

... So you literally just add up who wins each matchup from a talent perspective and whoever has more wins is the ultimate series winner? That's not how basketball works...

Kyrie is better than Kemba but only slighter. Aldridge is not better than Horford within the context of a winning team and thinking that he is diminishes the value of your opinion to me.

KD and Klay are EONS ahead of Morris and Brogdon. You seriously didn't take that into account? Or how these teams actually fit together? Or the specific matchups and strategies each team would use?

The Nuggets win by a country mile. They are significantly better. I like this Spurs team, it just loses to juggernaut here. Your reasoning worries me if we ever get to a close matchup in the later rounds.

GREATNESS ONE
08-06-2018, 01:18 PM
boy, sit your *** down and try explaining basketball to someone else. Noone needs your little cheap shots. I think Spurs would win this series, you think Nuggets, that's fine, you can vote anyway you want. But don't come talk to me like you're some NBA pro scout, who's been watching basketball since the 70's.

GREATNESS ONE
08-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Quitsanity. Who drafts Lebron James with the 2nd pick and then quits the game? you do.

Sportfan
08-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Kyrie Irving / DeJounte Murray / Austin Rivers
Malcom Brogdon / Josh Hart / Derrick White
Marcus Morris / Manu Ginobili
Kyle Kuzma/ Thad Young / Guerschon Yabusuele
LaMarcus Aldridge / Pau Gasol

This is the Spurs teaam aka "Bucks" Vote

I think they match up excellent with the Nuggets team.
The problem is there's very little defense on the Spurs starting lineup. Kyrie is the best guard in this series, but it's not like he's capable of shutting down Kemba. My defense is significantly better at practically every starting position with Klay, KD, Ibaka, Horford, and Kemba will probably be better hidden between those 4 than Kyrie will.