PDA

View Full Version : PSD Preason Team Power Rankings

Rivera
08-03-2018, 02:57 PM
To generate more discussion, I thought it could be fun to debate and have a pre season NBA rankings before anyone hits the floor. We can look back and laugh at how wrong we were or boast about how right we were

To put some structure behind this, I want to rank the best teams in terms of title contenders. Most of PSD feels GSW will sleep walk to another title this season with the addition of DMC so I will rank them as the defacto #1 with no voting.

Who would you rank as the 2nd best team? I will leave the poll open for the weekend, and continue this every other day (minus weekends) - (M/W/F)

Who are you ranking as the 2nd best team in the NBA

(Poll: If I left out a team you feel deserves to be in the poll, please add the team below in this thread)

Lets Debate!

PSD Power Rankings:

1) Golden State Warriors

Hawkeye15
08-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Contenders:

GSW

Houston
Boston

Near contenders:

Toronto
Utah
Philly

The middle:
Denver
Minnesota
OKC
Indy
San Antonia
Milwaukee
Washington
LAL
Miami
Portland
New Orleans

Out of the picture:
LAC
Dallas
Detroit
Charlotte

Absolute lottery teams:
Brooklyn
Orlando
NYK
Memphis
Phx
Cleveland
Chicago
Sacramento
Atlanta

did I miss anyone?

warfelg
08-03-2018, 03:10 PM
did I miss anyone?
HOT TAKE CHANGES:

GSW

Houston
Boston
Toronto

Near contenders:

Philly
OKC

Rising contenders:

Utah
Denver

Treading Water:
Indy
San Antonio
Milwaukee
LAL
Miami
Memphis

Sinking Stocks:
Minnesota
Washington
Portland
New Orleans
Cleveland

Just Missing:
LAC
Brooklyn
Detroit
Dallas

Absolute lottery teams:
Orlando
NYK
Pheonix
Chicago

Give me your tired, your weak, your poor.....for picks:
Atlanta
Sacramento

Rivera
08-03-2018, 04:00 PM
War and Hawk, you believe that this version of Houston is better than Boston? With Melo/Ennis/Melton holding down the SF? Compared to Bostons Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

IndyRealist
08-03-2018, 04:09 PM
did I miss anyone?

Assuming that "the middle" is cut off for the playoffs you have too many West teams.

warfelg
08-03-2018, 04:18 PM
War and Hawk, you believe that this version of Houston is better than Boston? With Melo/Ennis/Melton holding down the SF? Compared to Bostons Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

I didn't go in order, just in tiers.

tredigs
08-03-2018, 04:23 PM

I definitely do not, and was going to comment on this. Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo. I could also see Indy in the ECF's this season, upsetting Philly or Toronto.

Storch
08-03-2018, 04:26 PM
I think new orleansshould be a rising contender

kdspurman
08-03-2018, 04:33 PM
I think new orleansshould be a rising contender

CBS Sports had them 8 in their pre-season rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-with-free-agency-coming-to-a-halt-heres-where-the-teams-stand/

Rivera
08-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Assuming that "the middle" is cut off for the playoffs you have too many West teams.

I didnt want to list all 30 teams, wanted a more concentrated list, I will continue to add, im not really trying to separate conferences but just put who were the tops teams from a year ago record wise

the goal though is to rank all 30 nba teams

Rivera
08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
I definitely do not, and was going to comment on this. Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo. I could also see Indy in the ECF's this season, upsetting Philly or Toronto.

i will add the pacers next poll

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 04:41 PM

:eyebrow:

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 04:49 PM
My thing about Boston and Toronto is that we just don't know how those teams will play out in reality yet. On paper, could they be better than Houston? Sure. But I know who Houston is at this point, and that's a 60-plus win team with two top 10-15 players in the league running an all-time great offense.

I don't know how that Boston team will play with Kyrie and Hayward both healthy. They'll certainly have more talent and be deeper, but will they have the same defensive intensity that the young team played with last year? I think they'll definitely be better than last year's team, but I just don't know how much better.

As for Toronto, I could actually see them losing more games next season than last season's Toronto team, but this year's team would scare me far more in the playoffs than last season's squad did. I just hope Kawhi is motivated and healthy. If that happens, we might have a legitimate four-team race for the Finals this year. And that's before we consider Philly, who should definitely be a little better on paper and Lebron's new-look lakers.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2018, 04:53 PM

correct. Kinda tiered it out, versus making a playoff, 1-8/16 list.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2018, 04:53 PM

not worth arguing, so I went in tiers.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2018, 04:55 PM
plus I am now on the anti-Brad Stevens wagon. I am so sick of hearing how freaking amazing of a coach he is. Win something dude, then we can toss you alongside Red, Pops, Phil, and Riley. God

WaDe03
08-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Boston.

warfelg
08-03-2018, 04:57 PM
CBS Sports had them 8 in their pre-season rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-with-free-agency-coming-to-a-halt-heres-where-the-teams-stand/

They lost much more than they gained, and that high means counting on AD producing at a beyond elite level all year with no injury. Heís a great player but he hasnít donít that yet.

tredigs
08-03-2018, 05:26 PM
:eyebrow:

They're certainly no threat this year, missed their chance and got worse while the Warriors again got better.

valade16
08-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Teams that have a chance at winning the Title:

Golden State

Other good teams:

Boston
Houston
Toronto
Philadelphia

Utah
OKC
Denver
NO

etc.

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 05:36 PM
They're certainly no threat this year, missed their chance and got worse while the Warriors again got better.

Let's just say we agree to disagree. I thoroughly look forward to them proving you wrong next season.

tredigs
08-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Let's just say we agree to disagree. I thoroughly look forward to them proving you wrong next season.

And what does that entail to you? You think they're winning the title?

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 06:56 PM
And what does that entail to you? You think they're winning the title?

Not necessarily. But assuming they're relatively healthy, I absolutely believe they'll give the Warriors a run for their money in a postseason series, just like last year. And I think they'll make another legitimate run at the No. 1 overall seed again.

It's just funny to me how much people are overrating the loss of Ariza and Luc. Trust me when I say that Rockets fans are not freaking out over losing those guys. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss them. But you can insert a lot of 3 and D guys into their roles and get the same or similar production. And I still think Morey will get another key 3 and D player this summer or by the trade deadline at the absolute latest.

Bottom line: The team with the best record in the NBA that came one win away from an inevitable Finals victory is returning its five best players. They should absolutely be taken seriously, but everyone is freaking out over the loss of role players and the drama behind Carmelo Anthony.

kdspurman
08-03-2018, 07:00 PM
They lost much more than they gained, and that high means counting on AD producing at a beyond elite level all year with no injury. Heís a great player but he hasnít donít that yet.

Yea. He's gotta be able to stay on the court

IndyRealist
08-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Not necessarily. But assuming they're relatively healthy, I absolutely believe they'll give the Warriors a run for their money in a postseason series, just like last year. And I think they'll make another legitimate run at the No. 1 overall seed again.

It's just funny to me how much people are overrating the loss of Ariza and Luc. Trust me when I say that Rockets fans are not freaking out over losing those guys. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss them. But you can insert a lot of 3 and D guys into their roles and get the same or similar production. And I still think Morey will get another key 3 and D player this summer or by the trade deadline at the absolute latest.

Bottom line: The team with the best record in the NBA that came one win away from an inevitable Finals victory is returning its five best players. They should absolutely be taken seriously, but everyone is freaking out over the loss of role players and the drama behind Carmelo Anthony.

Presumably Melo is going to get Ariza's minutes. Melo is a "star", and balked at taking a reduced role last season. I figure that's about -10 wins. If Morey pulls something out of his hat to mitigate that, great. If Melo suddenly isn't terrible, great.

tredigs
08-03-2018, 08:06 PM

Not only did they lose two very solid role players, they replaced them with Melo. Subtraction by addition. I'm sure you've already begun talking yourself into the idea of Melo as a guy who will finally know his role and possibly even start to put more effort forth defensively now that he'll have less of a load on the offensive end. Good luck with all that. Unless the Warriors have months of missed time from their stars, they will be back to the 1 seed again this year (cruising to it), and have a much easier time with the Rockets in the post-season, if the Rockets do in fact make it to that point. I could definitely see an upset via the growth of the Jazz and if the inevitable CP injury happens to land in that series or prior to it. OKC with a year of synergy and some stability now poses as a potential upset team also.

Jamiecballer
08-03-2018, 08:29 PM

You are right, 3 and D players could be inserted, but you have Melo instead. I agree with Tre, they missed their window. I have a ton of respect for Morey but he lost objectivity perhaps because he was so damn close

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Presumably Melo is going to get Ariza's minutes. Melo is a "star", and balked at taking a reduced role last season. I figure that's about -10 wins. If Morey pulls something out of his hat to mitigate that, great. If Melo suddenly isn't terrible, great.
10 wins seems harsh. 4-5 seems more likely. They were freaking 42-3 last year in games in which Harden, Paul and Capela all started. If they're a little healthier this season, there's no reason why they couldn't win as many games as last year.

Not only did they lose two very solid role players, they replaced them with Melo. Subtraction by addition. I'm sure you've already begun talking yourself into the idea of Melo as a guy who will finally know his role and possibly even start to put more effort forth defensively now that he'll have less of a load on the offensive end. Good luck with all that.
I haven't talked myself into anything. What I'm doing is trusting one the best GMs and analyzers of statistical data in all of professional sports. If Morey didn't think there was a benefit to bringing on Melo, he wouldn't do it. I don't trust Melo, but I trust Morey.

Also, I'm willing to trust him because it's such a low risk factor. Unlike the Thunder, who pretty much had to play Melo because they had so much riding on him and he was owed so much ****ing money, the Rockets owe Melo nothing. If he sucks, he'll ride the bench. If he starts **** on the bench, he'll get waived.

Unless the Warriors have months of missed time from their stars, they will be back to the 1 seed again this year (cruising to it), and have a much easier time with the Rockets in the post-season, if the Rockets do in fact make it to that point. I could definitely see an upset via the growth of the Jazz and if the inevitable CP injury happens to land in that series or prior to it. OKC with a year of synergy and some stability now poses as a potential upset team also.
All right, chief. You sound confident. Let's revisit this conversation around the end of the year to see how confident you feel then. My guess is that you'll have changed your tune a bit.

You are right, 3 and D players could be inserted, but you have Melo instead. I agree with Tre, they missed their window. I have a ton of respect for Morey but he lost objectivity perhaps because he was so damn close

Couple of things. First off, everyone is assuming Melo is playing Ariza's role. Why? More than likely, he'll be getting more of Ryno's minutes as the small ball 4 who stretches the defense. When it comes to perimeter defense and matching up at the 3, those minutes will go to Tucker, Ennis and likely the guy they trade for this summer or at the trade deadline (I'm thinking Bazemore or James Johnson).

Second, I think it's pretty damn foolish to doubt Daryl Morey at this point. How many times has he proved doubters and media outlets wrong in the decade since he's taken over as GM of the Rockets? But, hey, feel free to doubt the guy. He's used to it at this point...

tredigs
08-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Well I appreciate your homerism and the fact that you haven't given up on the hope of a championship yet like most, but I am very confident that in his own thoughts even Morey knows they stand a clearly worse chance this season, and that Melo was simply a high variance swing for the fences. Their chance was last season (as I correctly called all year mind you), and they failed. Only downhill from here with those contracts. Best chance is in 2020 if the Warriors break apart some of their key pieces and AD doesn't sign with them.

Storch
08-03-2018, 10:02 PM
I do not think the Lakers are contenders but they definitey are a dark horse in the playoffs.

Does everyone beliebe Minnesota has peaked already and would not improve? They are getting ranked low in here. But then again i understand why.

GREATNESS ONE
08-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Contenders:

GSW

Houston
Boston

Near contenders:

Toronto
Utah
Philly

The middle:
Denver
Minnesota
OKC
Indy
San Antonia
Milwaukee
Washington
LAL
Miami
Portland
New Orleans

Out of the picture:
LAC
Dallas
Detroit
Charlotte

Absolute lottery teams:
Brooklyn
Orlando
NYK
Memphis
Phx
Cleveland
Chicago
Sacramento
Atlanta

did I miss anyone?

lmao you'll see in April/May/June 2019

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Never mind.... Not worth it.

IndyRealist
08-03-2018, 11:02 PM
10 wins seems harsh. 4-5 seems more likely. They were freaking 42-3 last year in games in which Harden, Paul and Capela all started. If they're a little healthier this season, there's no reason why they couldn't win as many games as last year.

I haven't talked myself into anything. What I'm doing is trusting one the best GMs and analyzers of statistical data in all of professional sports. If Morey didn't think there was a benefit to bringing on Melo, he wouldn't do it. I don't trust Melo, but I trust Morey.

Also, I'm willing to trust him because it's such a low risk factor. Unlike the Thunder, who pretty much had to play Melo because they had so much riding on him and he was owed so much ****ing money, the Rockets owe Melo nothing. If he sucks, he'll ride the bench. If he starts **** on the bench, he'll get waived.

All right, chief. You sound confident. Let's revisit this conversation around the end of the year to see how confident you feel then. My guess is that you'll have changed your tune a bit.

Couple of things. First off, everyone is assuming Melo is playing Ariza's role. Why? More than likely, he'll be getting more of Ryno's minutes as the small ball 4 who stretches the defense. When it comes to perimeter defense and matching up at the 3, those minutes will go to Tucker, Ennis and likely the guy they trade for this summer or at the trade deadline (I'm thinking Bazemore or James Johnson).

Second, I think it's pretty damn foolish to doubt Daryl Morey at this point. How many times has he proved doubters and media outlets wrong in the decade since he's taken over as GM of the Rockets? But, hey, feel free to doubt the guy. He's used to it at this point...

You're including other external factors to replacing Ariza with Melo. I'm talking about a straight minute-for-minute substitution of the two players, assuming all other factors stay the same. Ariza was a decent player who got a lot of minutes, Melo was a terrible player who got a lot of minutes. -10 is easily justifiable. Of course if Capela/Harden/Paul get more minutes they will do better. But they would have the exact same increase with Ariza, and not give up 10 wins.

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 11:11 PM
You're including other external factors to replacing Ariza with Melo. I'm talking about a straight minute-for-minute substitution of the two players, assuming all other factors stay the same. Ariza was a decent player who got a lot of minutes, Melo was a terrible player who got a lot of minutes. -10 is easily justifiable. Of course if Capela/Harden/Paul get more minutes they will do better. But they would have the exact same increase with Ariza, and not give up 10 wins.

I'm sorry, but 10 wins is just completely absurd. That's like the equivalent of adding or losing a star player. The Rockets got 10 wins better last season with the addition of Chris Paul. You're telling me that adding Melo is the equivalent of losing Chris Paul? That's beyond asinine.

The hatred of Melo is REALLY going to people's head at this point. And it's kind of hilarious to me. Because last season, I had to hear for months how much better the Thunder were going to be than Houston because they got Melo and how much the Rockets missed out because they didn't trade for him. And now, a year later, apparently adding Melo is the equivalent of losing 10 ****ing games.

The double standard by fans and the media just blows my mind.

GREATNESS ONE
08-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Lakers.. MBT, you're sleeping on the Lakers.

mightybosstone
08-03-2018, 11:47 PM
Lakers.. MBT, you're sleeping on the Lakers.

I'd put them in my top eight. I'd never sleep on a team with Lebron, but they need a No. 2 and they're not done building that team yet. My guess is they won't be serious contenders until next summer. But it will be fun to watch him run with and build up these young kids this year.

GREATNESS ONE
08-04-2018, 12:31 AM
That Brandon Ingram kid..... Just watch brotha, see you in the playoffs.

IndyRealist
08-04-2018, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry, but 10 wins is just completely absurd. That's like the equivalent of adding or losing a star player. The Rockets got 10 wins better last season with the addition of Chris Paul. You're telling me that adding Melo is the equivalent of losing Chris Paul? That's beyond asinine.

The hatred of Melo is REALLY going to people's head at this point. And it's kind of hilarious to me. Because last season, I had to hear for months how much better the Thunder were going to be than Houston because they got Melo and how much the Rockets missed out because they didn't trade for him. And now, a year later, apparently adding Melo is the equivalent of losing 10 ****ing games.

Ariza is a decent, positive player who gets a lot of minutes. Melo is a negative player who gets a lot of minutes. Doing a straight substitution, that's roughly +6 to -4. Melo was that bad last year. I'm not the f'ing media. Quoting sports media doesn't make it true. I recall everyone here laughing at OKC for picking up Melo.

Jamiecballer
08-04-2018, 10:10 AM

it's not insane. the Knicks were as good last year with an injury plagued roster as they were with a healthy Melo the year before. i agree the number of people who said one thing last year when he went to the Thunder last year and are singing a different tune this year is comical - but i give them credit. they are learning that talent doesn't usually trump fit; fit of game, fit of personality, fit of needs, fit of expectations. this move doesn't make sense through any of those lenses.

i view the addition of Melo much in the same way i would of the Raptors acquiring Westbrook over Lowry. i would be against it, because even if they added a win or two (i don't think they would), i would feel like you never knew when the big facepalm moment was coming around the corner.

i tend to agree with Tre here. i honestly believe Morey knows they missed their best chance and is taking a stab in the dark because he knows he doesn't have any better options. still, i would love for Melo to rehab his game and to see Houston take Golden State down.

mightybosstone
08-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Ariza is a decent, positive player who gets a lot of minutes. Melo is a negative player who gets a lot of minutes. Doing a straight substitution, that's roughly +6 to -4. Melo was that bad last year. I'm not the f'ing media. Quoting sports media doesn't make it true. I recall everyone here laughing at OKC for picking up Melo.

Barring major injury, I will quit PSD if the Rockets lose 10 more games next season.

IndyRealist
08-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Barring major injury, I will quit PSD if the Rockets lose 10 more games next season.
Again, that's not what I said. In a straight minute for minute sub, it's -10 wins. Tucker can absorb some of those minutes. Hopefully Paul won't be as injured. There are a lot of variables, and one of them is that Melo is terrible.

tredigs
08-04-2018, 01:44 PM

To be clear, anything more than 50 games from CP doesn't qualify as major injury at this point. I'd say they're right in line for 56-58 wins. Definitely not favorites to win 60+. Looking forward to your self banishment if the ball doesn't fall their way.

Jeffy25
08-04-2018, 05:58 PM
It was hard to choose between Boston and Houston, but I'm leaning toward Boston because I like their bench depth better, and I feel like they create more matchup problems for teams over the course of a season.

tredigs
08-05-2018, 01:03 AM
Never mind.... Not worth it.
This is you recognizing your foolishness.

We're still holding you to banning yourself if the Rockets don't win 57 games. Granted, this site will have 4 followers at that point, but I'll be satisfied to know you've banished yourself.

More-Than-Most
08-05-2018, 03:22 AM
Warriors

Rockets
Boston

Philly/Toronto
Utah/Lakers/Spurs/Okc

Wildcard-Denver... I really really like what they have done and are doing... Utah is as high for me the same reason philly is... Defense. They have the defense to be great but not on the level of boston/Rockets/Warriors.... Lakers for whatever reason people are sleeping on but again they have lebron that auto puts them a top 5 seed... If ingram/Kuz grow quickly this season it could really put them over the top.

Cal827
08-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Warriors

Rockets
Boston

Philly/Toronto
Utah/Lakers/Spurs/Okc

Wildcard-Denver... I really really like what they have done and are doing... Utah is as high for me the same reason philly is... Defense. They have the defense to be great but not on the level of boston/Rockets/Warriors.... Lakers for whatever reason people are sleeping on but again they have lebron that auto puts them a top 5 seed... If ingram/Kuz grow quickly this season it could really put them over the top.

I'd swap Boston/Houston, but pretty much this. It's not that Boston is much better than the Rockets, but I just expect the Celts to look stronger due to conference. There's also going to be the time that it takes for the Rockets to mesh properly. They have other guys around him that can pick him up on the defensive end, but Melo's game relies on him having the ball in iso situations. They wanted him to become a more of a spot shooter in OKC but it didn't work out that well. We'll have to see how it works on a team with a ball dominant PG and a really ball dominant SG. If he goes with the game plan, Houston's offense might be even more potent than last season. If he remains stubborn, then it could cause the team to fall back. Boston is basically the same roster back, and now Hayward/Irving will be back. Irving seemed to be working well with the team before his injury, and if Hayward is even a bit of what he was, he'll help the Celts, as he's about as good of a passer as irving is. The ball movement and Irving's handles and potential to go off on offense, coupled with the defenders they have surrounding him to hide his defensive inefficiency as well as playing in a weaker conference, and I can easily see them winning 64+ games.

1. Warriors 70-12
2. Celtics 66-16
3. Rockets 60-22
4. 76ers 56-26
5.Raptors 53-29
6-9. Pacers /Jazz/Spurs/Thunder (All about 52-30)

Jamiecballer
08-05-2018, 10:28 AM
I've got

GS

Toronto/Boston/Houston/OKC together

and the field. The only team within the field with championship aspirations is LAL.

Gun to my head - I'm calling Lakers/Raptors finals. Safety pick - GS/BOS.

Cal827
08-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I've got

GS

Toronto/Boston/Houston/OKC together

and the field. The only team within the field with championship aspirations is LAL.

Gun to my head - I'm calling Lakers/Raptors finals. Safety pick - GS/BOS.

I'm tired of seeing Lebron ruin this franchise :laugh2:.... :crying:

cmellofan15
08-05-2018, 12:11 PM
All this Melo talk but no one saying OKC is gonna be winning ten more games or put themselves in contention by letting him go?? :laugh2:

aman_13
08-05-2018, 12:41 PM
If Kawhi is healthy and Danny Green regains his form, I think the Raptors have a very good chance to make it out of the East next season. I think they finish second or third in the East though.

My optimism is based mostly on the defense.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
08-05-2018, 12:46 PM

It's not a double standard if it's people learning from their mistake and realizing that Melo really is THAT bad....which he is at this point.

IndyRealist
08-05-2018, 01:49 PM
All this Melo talk but no one saying OKC is gonna be winning ten more games or put themselves in contention by letting him go?? :laugh2:

Because OKC doesn't matter next year. Houston does. Melo is a -4, we have no idea what OKC is going to replace him with. They could get Jamal Crawford and be even worse off.

WhiteShadow42
08-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Losing Ariza was a blow for Houston but I feel that they still are the second best team in the NBA. Boston or Philly might have a better record because of the weak East but Houston still has those two All NBA caliber guards.

Storch
08-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Losing Ariza was a blow for Houston but I feel that they still are the second best team in the NBA. Boston or Philly might have a better record because of the weak East but Houston still has those two All NBA caliber guards.

I dont think Arizaís 0/7 threes in a game 7 against the warriors will be missed as many opinions state.

Jamiecballer
08-05-2018, 04:55 PM
I dont think Arizaís 0/7 threes in a game 7 against the warriors will be missed as many opinions state.Perhaps they won't make it that far instead?

mightybosstone
08-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Perhaps they won't make it that far instead?

Dude shot 28.6 percent from the 3-point line in the playoffs and was 7-26 in the series prior to Game 7. The Rockets didn't get to Game 7 of the WCF because of Ariza's consistently, I assure you.

Jamiecballer
08-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Dude shot 28.6 percent from the 3-point line in the playoffs and was 7-26 in the series prior to Game 7. The Rockets didn't get to Game 7 of the WCF because of Ariza's consistently, I assure you.No, of course you didnt. It's never one person. But there is Ariza most people think the Rockets won't be as good.

tredigs
08-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Vegas over/unders for the West are out. Rockets are listed at 54.5. Bosstone off to mortgage the moped as we speak.

WhiteShadow42
08-05-2018, 10:34 PM
I dont think Arizaís 0/7 threes in a game 7 against the warriors will be missed as many opinions state.

Wow you finally responded to one of my comments. Itís not his offense Iím talking about. Itís his length and athleticism on defense. He shot poorly no question. He makes it easier to play a switching defense.

WhiteShadow42
08-05-2018, 10:36 PM
No, of course you didnt. It's never one person. But there is Ariza most people think the Rockets won't be as good.

Maybe on defense but not on offense.

tredigs
08-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Spurs over/under at 43.5. Won 47 without Kawhi and added DeRozan + the conference is not much better. I'll take the over.

WhiteShadow42
08-05-2018, 10:56 PM

In case you didnít notice I voted for Houston as the second best team after Golden State.

kdspurman
08-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Spurs over/under at 43.5. Won 47 without Kawhi and added DeRozan + the conference is not much better. I'll take the over.

Yea I thought that was interesting. Apparently pegged to miss the playoffs. That makes more sense (tho I don't think that'll be happening) since they kinda snuck in last year. But essentially trading Green for DeRozan? Yea give me the over easily.

DanG
08-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Was about to say the Rockets are still the clear cut 2nd best team in the West but then realised they signed Carmelo Anthony

The West is wide open after the Warriors. Rockets are not as good, Jazz are overrated imo, Thunder will be better than last year, Lakers are being slept on.

The East is 1. Celtics 2. Sixers 3. Raptors

Raptors are overrated.

cmellofan15
08-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Vegas over/unders for the West are out. Rockets are listed at 54.5. Bosstone off to mortgage the moped as we speak.

Wouldnít you tho? I mean they had them at the exact same number last year, right?

MygirlhatesCod
08-06-2018, 01:05 PM
gotta go with Boston as number 2. difficult to think they wont be amazing this year at full strength. they got within one game of the finals without their two best.

Jamiecballer
08-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Raptors are overrated.
Why is that, we just got rid of our biggest weakness, playoff DeRozan, and acquired a player 2 tiers ahead who actually has excelled in playoffs.

goingfor28
08-08-2018, 12:22 AM
To generate more discussion, I thought it could be fun to debate and have a pre season NBA rankings before anyone hits the floor. We can look back and laugh at how wrong we were or boast about how right we were

To put some structure behind this, I want to rank the best teams in terms of title contenders. Most of PSD feels GSW will sleep walk to another title this season with the addition of DMC so I will rank them as the defacto #1 with no voting.

Who would you rank as the 2nd best team? I will leave the poll open for the weekend, and continue this every other day (minus weekends) - (M/W/F)

Who are you ranking as the 2nd best team in the NBA

(Poll: If I left out a team you feel deserves to be in the poll, please add the team below in this thread)

Lets Debate!

PSD Power Rankings:

1) Golden State WarriorsThis list got really far

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rivera
08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
This list got really far

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? You do realize that we are on #4 and I keep making a new thread right?

Maybe your still bitter my Sox swept your Yanks :D