PDA

View Full Version : PSD's NBA Mock Offseason: Warriors @ Spurs

Super.
07-28-2018, 12:41 AM
THIS ISNT REAL. This is a bunch of users here who simulated an offseason and heres what we've ended up with. Please vote on which team would win a 7 game series and please dont vote for your favorite team just because theyre you're favorite.

Steph Curry / Shabazz Napier
Eric Gordon / Patrick McCaw / Corey Brewer
Trevor Ariza / Danillo Gallinari
Draymond Green / Trevor Booker / Amir Johnson
Dwayne Dedmon / Aron Baynes

@

Kyrie Irving / DeJounte Murray / Austin Rivers
Malcom Brogdon / Josh Hart / Derrick White
Marcus Morris / Manu Ginobili
Thad Young / Kyle Kuzma / Guerschon Yabusuele
LaMarcus Aldridge / Pau Gasol

GREATNESS ONE
07-28-2018, 12:45 AM
This goes 7 games but Spurs win

MygirlhatesCod
07-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Warriors in 7. I do like the spurs bench I bit better. the Warriors front court defense looks way superior.

mrblisterdundee
07-29-2018, 12:38 PM
What an epic point guard duel, but I think the Warriors have the tools to go small and flat outscore the Spurs.
Do we get to assume Gallinari is healthy? If so, I'd bench Dedmon, switch Green to center guarding Aldridge and start Gallinari at power forward. A healthy, productive Gallinari could seriously tip this series.

Sportfan
07-29-2018, 09:34 PM
Wow this is a great matchup. Warriors have the better duo between Curry/Dray but Kyrie/LMA is so good in its own right that the difference there isn't huge. The Spurs role players are fantastic. Thad/Kuzma/Morris is a great collection of combo forwards that can score and defend. Murray/Brogdon/Hart are good perimeter defenders and latter 2+ RIvers can shoot. Manu and Gasol can provide playoff experience and both had very solid years last year and are good players still.

The problem is you won't go 11 deep in the playoffs and i think the Spurs depth in the end would give diminishing returns. One minor injury to Dray or Curry bringing them to 75% of their normal self would easily tip this series SA's way, but the Warriors have enough top end talent to pull this out. They also have an amazing frontcourt defense that will limit Kyrie more than Steph will be

GREATNESS ONE
07-30-2018, 12:44 AM
I just don't see how you vote GS in this match-up? Curry/Green?

GREATNESS ONE
07-30-2018, 12:45 AM
I would start Kuzma with LMA/Irving

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 08:25 AM
I just don't see how you vote GS in this match-up? Curry/Green?

what part is shocking?

GREATNESS ONE
07-30-2018, 11:29 AM
what part is shocking?

Sure if they’re going to put up 100pts, because after those two you’re getting little to no production. Then you look at the Spurs bench.... you guys can vote whatever way you want but if this really happened it would be a Spurs series win, fairly easy.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Sure if they’re going to put up 100pts, because after those two you’re getting little to no production. Then you look at the Spurs bench.... you guys can vote whatever way you want but if this really happened it would be a Spurs series win, fairly easy.

Gordon is an offensive threat. plus the defense that front court has is gonna keep the spurs shooting from the outside more often than not. that part to me gives the advantage to the warriors. The spurs setup looks like a lot of iso ball which plays into that

Sportfan
07-30-2018, 01:12 PM

Didn't you post above the series would go 7?

Spurs are a better team IMO but the Warriors are just a good matchup. With Dray/Dedmon/Baynes they can really limit LMA. And Spurs don't have enough consistency after Kyrie to threaten the Warriors. Who else other than Kyrie is going to score if LMA is contained? I sure as hell don't rust Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Murray, young Kuzma, Brogdon as reliable scorers over a full series.

Spurs don't have the same defensive presence to limit the stars of GSW

GREATNESS ONE
07-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Yea it’s the best matchup game out of all of them but taking Spurs to win it in 6/7.

I guess you’re right Curry would average 55pts and Dray 35pts with Gordon’s 13ppg they’re easily a 100pts scoring team.

Quinnsanity
07-30-2018, 05:12 PM
Spurs. Their bench serves an actual function beyond eating minutes, and that's the difference. A lot of interesting lineup combinations you could try with that group.

Rivera
07-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Spurs. More well rounded

GREATNESS ONE
07-31-2018, 01:28 AM
Didn't you post above the series would go 7?

Spurs are a better team IMO but the Warriors are just a good matchup. With Dray/Dedmon/Baynes they can really limit LMA. And Spurs don't have enough consistency after Kyrie to threaten the Warriors. Who else other than Kyrie is going to score if LMA is contained? I sure as hell don't rust Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Murray, young Kuzma, Brogdon as reliable scorers over a full series.

Spurs don't have the same defensive presence to limit the stars of GSW

you should watch more than 2 games a year of that young Kyle Kuzma. ;)

TO Rapz
07-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Doesnt Draymond Green own LMA on the defensive end?

kdspurman
07-31-2018, 11:59 AM

Wasn't the case this past season. He kept up his stellar play of the regular season in the playoffs vs Draymond.

Quinnsanity
07-31-2018, 01:02 PM

LaMarcus wrecked him twice this year, but Draymond has typically done well against LaMarcus in the past.