sep11ie
07-27-2018, 05:24 PM
90 million over 5. Great deal for both.

TrueFan420
07-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Agreed, great deal for both sides

steamroller
07-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Crapela wanted $25 million a year! How's he gon feed his kids on $18?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Lol. He fits Rockets play style like a glove so all around great deal for both sides. He goes to a team like the Nets and I highly doubt he makes the same inpact as he does in Houston

Scoots
07-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Good deal. Without him the D would have been REALLY shaky, and if he signed the QO the Rockets would have to pay him a lot more or the window would snap shut next year.

brandt
07-27-2018, 07:38 PM
As a Rockets fan, thank God!

brandt
07-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Crapela wanted $25 million a year! How's he gon feed his kids on $18?
The Rockets were smart though and said they would match any offer. That scared some teams away and probably saved the Rockets some money.

Lakers + Giants
07-27-2018, 08:17 PM
The Rockets were smart though and said they would match any offer. That scared some teams away and probably saved the Rockets some money.

Not the case at all. Was more so because every other team had already used their cap and because Capela wouldn't be as good on other teams. He's a perfect fit for Houston.

brandt
07-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Not the case at all. Was more so because every other team had already used their cap and because Capela wouldn't be as good on other teams. He's a perfect fit for Houston.
Was totally the case, actually. Did you hear of any teams making him an offer? Even before these other teams used up all of their cap? You know very well teams would have offered him something, because heís too good for teams not to. Iím not buying that he wouldnít fit on any other team. Thatís BS!

Lakers + Giants
07-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Was totally the case, actually. Did you hear of any teams making him an offer? Even before these other teams used up all of their cap? You know very well teams would have offered him something, because heís too good for teams not to. Iím not buying that he wouldnít fit on any other team. Thatís BS!

right, because other teams have playmakers like Harden and CP3 too. You're right.:rolleyes:

IndyRealist
07-27-2018, 08:47 PM

He's probably maximized on Houston yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be good on other teams. Mobile, defensive big man who can cover switches and also finish as the roll man, and doesn't need plays called for him? He would fit on almost any team that needed a center.

sep11ie
07-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Just read it's 80 million with 10 million in incentives.

CityofTreez
07-27-2018, 09:12 PM

Bro, we all are not as lucky as you having McGee manning the C position lol

Scoots
07-27-2018, 11:01 PM

I agree. The Mavs had Dirk starting at C for 77 games last year ... I bet if Capela was a UFA the Mavs would have offered him more that $18M a year instead of renting a past his prime DJ.

Lakers + Giants
07-28-2018, 01:56 AM
Bro, we all are not as lucky as you having McGee manning the C position lol

hes our Clint haha

:(

Lakers + Giants
07-28-2018, 01:57 AM
He's probably maximized on Houston yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be good on other teams. Mobile, defensive big man who can cover switches and also finish as the roll man, and doesn't need plays called for him? He would fit on almost any team that needed a center.

he would fit on any team im not denying that. He would not be as valuable to any other team as he is to you guys tho. Which is why this deal is great for both sides involved.

Heediot
07-28-2018, 03:40 AM
Good deal. Without him the D would have been REALLY shaky, and if he signed the QO the Rockets would have to pay him a lot more or the window would snap shut next year.

its really a 4 year 85 million dollar deal. the first year is basically the qualifying offer. he would of gotten the same deal if he signed elsewhere and played on the qo this year. Could of been worse for Houston but they had some leverage with cap strapped teams this year, so not as much restricted offers.

cap number is higher for the first year though. so it is what it is..

mightybosstone
07-29-2018, 11:17 PM

I think you're both right.

Houston was smart because they didn't freak out and pay Capela some massive, unreasonable contract when they didn't have to. Morey recognized that the market for Capela was shrinking quickly and didn't budget when Clint and his agent said "we want more" and held out for four weeks. I'm not saying every GM would have flipped out and increased their offer, but I think there are a lot of teams out there who would have handled this poorly and either offered too much regardless of the market or low-balled him to the point where he was going to take the qualifying offer. Morey nailed this one.

On the flip side, Houston did benefit tremendously because of the market. Once Phoenix locked in on Ayton as the No. 1 pick and Dallas signed DeAndre Jordan, that market for Capela signing anything close to a max deal was pretty much completely gone. I also buy that Clint is probably worth more to Houston than he would be to most teams, because he is more of an ancillary piece than he is a star, and the skills where he really thrives (rim-running, pick and roll offense, etc.) fit Houston like a glove, whereas he might not fit every other team's offense.

Regardless, I was beyond thrilled when I saw this deal. There were people in the media (and in this forum, I might add) suggesting Capela would get a max deal during the playoffs when he was outplaying Gobert every night. By comparison, this looks like a huge bargain. To get him for something so reasonable AND to have him locked in for five years, I don't think this could have played out better for the Rockets, while Clint still gets a ton of money and long-term security playing for a championship contender and in a system where he clearly thrives.

mightybosstone
07-29-2018, 11:20 PM
And I'll add this fun stat. I believe the Rockets were 42-3 in games in which Harden, Paul and Capela started last season. In the playoffs, they were 11-4, including going up 3-2 on the Warriors. Now those three guys are locked in through 2021-22. I'm feeling pretty damn good about their future right about now...

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 09:02 PM
And I'll add this fun stat. I believe the Rockets were 42-3 in games in which Harden, Paul and Capela started last season. In the playoffs, they were 11-4, including going up 3-2 on the Warriors. Now those three guys are locked in through 2021-22. I'm feeling pretty damn good about their future right about now...

Savor that flavor because that feelings gonna be erased by KD come playoff time!
Not one, not two, not three........

steamroller
07-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Dorrell Murray is such a boss. Trolled everyone hard, saying he made Way over the Cap-ela a very rich man when in reality Cap-ela is only 15th in the league in salary among NBA centers.

c.c.
07-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Dorrell Murray is such a boss. Trolled everyone hard, saying he made Way over the Cap-ela a very rich man when in reality Cap-ela is only 15th in the league in salary among NBA centers.

How many of those 14 centers are over paid though? Teams probably canít evn get a decent deal for most of them guys.

So you basically mad the Rockets didnít over paid him right?