PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Durant ever shine or be regarded with respect by staying in Golden State?

LaVar Ball
07-26-2018, 11:10 AM
I just donít see it. Itís been 2 years since he made his decision to bolt on OKC and go ring chasing and heís still getting criticized (forget the fans and media), but by his own peers. People will bring up back to back finals mvps, but give me a break, any superstar on a stacked team can play well 4 out of 7 games (I feel having a playoffs MVP is better because itís determined by 4 rounds and not just 1 round).

I just feel KD was regarded higher with 1 finals loss and 1 league mvp as a Thunder than 2 finals wins and 2 finals mvps as a Warriors.

I think in the case of KD, championships really arenít everything.

Do you see him staying in Golden State beyond next summer?

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 11:15 AM
No, never. His rings do nothing for his legacy.

Scoots
07-26-2018, 11:21 AM
Yes, but not by fanatics.

Htownballa1622
07-26-2018, 11:28 AM
No. Not even his peers respect his decision.

He's a kitty cat.

Vinylman
07-26-2018, 11:39 AM
I sent him the following link but he still hasn't asked for a script...

its easily cured

https://www.emuaid.com/vaginosis-solution?msclkid=1fe6b6e304d21a4ab12fedbaee276e1c

KnicksorBust
07-26-2018, 11:42 AM
If he leaves and tries to win on another team like...oh i dunno the Knicks. I could see a large group of people like...oh i dunno Knicks fans... changing their minds about him.

smith&wesson
07-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Probably the least respected super star of all time. Heís truly a great player but he wonít be remembered that way at all.

Vinylman
07-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Probably the least respected super star of all time. Heís truly a great player but he wonít be remembered that way at all.

As much as I can't stand him most of the ill will will fade over time

cmellofan15
07-26-2018, 11:58 AM

In basketball? Because Oj Simpson is numver one on my list lmao.

But I donít think the respect really matters when ranking and comparing him. Itís fairly easy to see how great he is and has been at basketball.

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 12:05 PM

He did it to himself.

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Why would any self respecting man admire it? I never thought a player could slide in rank unless another surpassed him but kd might just buck that trend with his unrelenting insecurities, lack of competitive fervor and self awareness.

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:28 PM
In basketball? Because Oj Simpson is numver one on my list lmao.

But I donít think the respect really matters when ranking and comparing him. Itís fairly easy to see how great he is and has been at basketball.

Its actually harder than you think unless you just mean to be vague and say hes great just like plenty of others have attained relative greatness

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:29 PM

Maybe for casual fans that can't defend their views on the game but for any student of the game, its pretty hard to forget unprecedented cowardice

mrblisterdundee
07-26-2018, 12:31 PM
If Klay and Draymond leave, and Durant and Curry lead the Warriors to more titles, then he will be respected as a Warrior.

IKnowHoops
07-26-2018, 12:38 PM
The thing is, 50 years from now, all we look at is rings

MygirlhatesCod
07-26-2018, 01:31 PM
KD would shine with or without the move to GS.

if Kobe can rape someone and have respect by fans and players then why not KD?

I think he retires a Warrior.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 01:49 PM
I mean, none of his rings hold much value at all for most real NBA/sports fans. Not just because of his decision, but because it has played out just as expected. Imagine a superstar going from having to lift a team to heights, to just being one of the guys, who has permanent freedom to never be loaded up on, has the freedom to take nights off without the team suffering, has the freedom to play a bad game and have his team still win by 30, etc.

I get that people want to try and compare LeBron's decision to Durant's. I do. But the results, and how each played out, even if you somehow think what they did is similar, should define what you actually think of each players accomplishments. Durant has done nothing but make a championship machine that wan nearly unbeatable and all an time great, just more dominant.

Durant did something we have never seen, likely won't again. I won't even forget, and I can't possibly give him any legacy credit for a single season in GS. Sorry. **** he might actually drop in my all time rankings (I have him around 20, he isn't adding anything at this point so he may as well be subtracting).

To GS fans, please know none of our opinions, or other players, or anyone, can tarnish a ring you have won. GS did nothing wrong. Durant can face the music by himself.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 01:50 PM

hawkeye will hold on man

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 01:51 PM

then why isn't Bill Russell leading every persons list as GOAT?

mngopher35
07-26-2018, 01:56 PM
It would take a lot of things happening, most importantly injuries/others leaving. He needs to actually be on a team that doesn't have a core that can win without him even being there (and proving it already). Even in the most recent thread we finally got to a point where long time defenders admitted his move was obviously different than anything we have seen before. I think its the very extreme KD/GS fans left and then pretty much everyone else just kinda shakes their head and thinks ahhhh the MVP level player who needed to jump to favorites like a role player type thing.

That level of cowardice will be forgotten by those who don't care too much or follow/understand but in 50 years the only people really talking about KD will be the more hardcore fans and they definitely don't have respect for him atm on the whole. I think something big would need to change for him to get respect from these types of fans who actually understand his move/the NBA.

mngopher35
07-26-2018, 02:00 PM

He seems to keep dropping too, its almost like over time rings mean less and less. I think fans in general are getting better at evaluating the game just like the modern coaching/style/stats and so on (realizing how important the 3 shot was is an example of said evolution).

In the end people will be capable of pulling up bball reference and seeing a title/73 wins and close finals in the 2 years before he joined type thing. That's a much worse look than Bill has too imo where he is seen as the clear catalyst as opposed to jumping on.

Saddletramp
07-26-2018, 02:12 PM
KD would shine with or without the move to GS.

if Kobe can rape someone and have respect by fans and players then why not KD?

I think he retires a Warrior.

Did you just compare KDís ***** move with Kobeís acquittal? Jesus Christ.

Jeffy25
07-26-2018, 02:31 PM
I hate that I have to hate Durant now.

I hate his personality. The dude is can't take criticism and he still has an ego.

But damn I love his play type, talent, and ability and to shoot.

He could/would be a top 10 player all time. But it feels like he deserves a massive asterisks playing in GS.

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 03:02 PM

I hate his personality. The dude is can't take criticism and he still has an ego.

He could/would be a top 10 player all time. But it feels like he deserves a massive asterisks playing in GS.

The only way he had a chance of top 10 was winning multiple rings on his own team as the guy.

Jeffy25
07-26-2018, 03:26 PM
The only way he had a chance of top 10 was winning multiple rings on his own team as the guy.

I disagree.

Dude had a legit shot to score 27+ per night for 15 years and score 30K+ points in his career

27 points per night for 15 years for 70 games per year is almost 30K. And he has/had that ability as a solo guy.

MygirlhatesCod
07-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Did you just compare KDís ***** move with Kobeís acquittal? Jesus Christ.

acquittal??????? is that what you call paying someone to not testify now? also don't try and shift the context of the original statement. its a tool move and you know it.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:12 PM

to sum it up-I hate Durant because he robbed us of an all timer doing what all timers should do.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:13 PM
It would take a lot of things happening, most importantly injuries/others leaving. He needs to actually be on a team that doesn't have a core that can win without him even being there (and proving it already). Even in the most recent thread we finally got to a point where long time defenders admitted his move was obviously different than anything we have seen before. I think its the very extreme KD/GS fans left and then pretty much everyone else just kinda shakes their head and thinks ahhhh the MVP level player who needed to jump to favorites like a role player type thing.

That level of cowardice will be forgotten by those who don't care too much or follow/understand but in 50 years the only people really talking about KD will be the more hardcore fans and they definitely don't have respect for him atm on the whole. I think something big would need to change for him to get respect from these types of fans who actually understand his move/the NBA.

like grow a penis

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:15 PM
He seems to keep dropping too, its almost like over time rings mean less and less. I think fans in general are getting better at evaluating the game just like the modern coaching/style/stats and so on (realizing how important the 3 shot was is an example of said evolution).

In the end people will be capable of pulling up bball reference and seeing a title/73 wins and close finals in the 2 years before he joined type thing. That's a much worse look than Bill has too imo where he is seen as the clear catalyst as opposed to jumping on.

many things are forgotten. Magic's Lakers facing a terrible west. Dr J's ring with him not playing his former role. Couple of examples. But yeah, it's starting to matter more HOW a player plays, versus pure results in a team sport. Context matters. And it should.

TO Rapz
07-26-2018, 04:24 PM
I totally understand how hard KD ****ed his legacy, the NBA and I totally understand how much of a ***** move it was for him to do it.

Thats why I love what he did. He knew all this backlash was coming but he still did it. I ****ing love it. He was an FA, he had the right to do what he did and he had the balls to do it. ****ing love it KD. You do you man.

cmellofan15
07-26-2018, 04:27 PM
acquittal??????? is that what you call paying someone to not testify now? also don't try and shift the context of the original statement. its a tool move and you know it.

For me itís a whole different thing. I donít respect kobe at all as a person and could not care less about his basketball accolades because of it.

I would implore all fans of basketball to look into the details of that case. Kobe is an absolute piece of **** and I could never see he and Durant in the same light.

mngopher35
07-26-2018, 04:27 PM
many things are forgotten. Magic's Lakers facing a terrible west. Dr J's ring with him not playing his former role. Couple of examples. But yeah, it's starting to matter more HOW a player plays, versus pure results in a team sport. Context matters. And it should.

Yup that's what I am getting at. I get that some things definitely fade but this is such a huge/drastic part of the league the last few years, it's easily the most talked about thing. That's unlike anything I have seen before and I don't just see that fading unless something changes.

Like you said in another post many feel robbed of watching him hit his top level of greatness (and Curry). Also people feel robbed of getting an enjoyable playoffs/title run the last 2 years likely going on 3. It's easily the biggest story in basketball since he joined, we don't really have major debates on who wins title anymore or anything it's mostly a given. This is just different than anything I have experienced as a fan and that stuff doesn't just fade imo especially as you mention how people are caring about context more and more.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:34 PM
I totally understand how hard KD ****ed his legacy, the NBA and I totally understand how much of a ***** move it was for him to do it.

Thats why I love what he did. He knew all this backlash was coming but he still did it. I ****ing love it. He was an FA, he had the right to do what he did and he had the balls to do it. ****ing love it KD. You do you man.

oh KD did it for him, and he has every right to make the decision he made. But when he goes on the defensive about it, and acts like a 3 year old who had his sucker taken away, its not a good look.

If he just said, "yep, I am a huge vagina, I was sick of carrying the burden, GS had the opening, I joined so I could win me some titles", I wouldn't forgive him, but I may not be AS hard on him.

Just own up dude. You are a beta. It's ok, they can't all be front line bad *****...

mightybosstone
07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
I don't think anyone will ever "admire" his decision to move to Golden State. How could you?

That being said, I think the hate and vitriol he gained from making the move has been more than balanced out in his legacy by his play in Golden State. I loathe the guy, but when I watch him play, I'm still in awe of his game on the court. And Warriors fans on PSD may swear up and down that Curry is the superior player, but it's not Curry who has stepped up in the last two postseasons and been the Warriors' best player. It's been Durant.

As much as you may hate the guy, he has played with icewater in his veins in the playoffs and brought that trait to a team that needed it. The Warriors move didn't do much to help his legacy, but his performance, the rings, the Finals MVPs, etc. ultimately will probably work out in his favor when we review the move 20 years from now.

All that being said, what the move DOES do is put kind of a ceiling on him in all-time conversations. If the move to Golden State ultimately allows him to enter that top 15 conversation, I think the decision also ultimately keeps him out of that top 10 in my book. While you could make a case that he's a statistically superior player to guys like Bird and Kobe, how could you possibly rank him ahead of those guys given how they won their rings and earned their reputations compared with how how Durant earned his?

nastynice
07-26-2018, 04:44 PM
If they keep winning, he will shine. This is already one of the most dominant teams ever assembled, if this streak continues this will be one of the best dynasties in history

He's already arguably the best player on the best team in nba history.

nastynice
07-26-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't think anyone will ever "admire" his decision to move to Golden State. How could you?

That being said, I think the hate and vitriol he gained from making the move has been more than balanced out in his legacy by his play in Golden State. I loathe the guy, but when I watch him play, I'm still in awe of his game on the court. And Warriors fans on PSD may swear up and down that Curry is the superior player, but it's not Curry who has stepped up in the last two postseasons and been the Warriors' best player. It's been Durant.

As much as you may hate the guy, he has played with icewater in his veins in the playoffs and brought that trait to a team that needed it. The Warriors move didn't do much to help his legacy, but his performance, the rings, the Finals MVPs, etc. ultimately will probably work out in his favor when we review the move 20 years from now.

All that being said, what the move DOES do is put kind of a ceiling on him in all-time conversations. If the move to Golden State ultimately allows him to enter that top 15 conversation, I think the decision also ultimately keeps him out of that top 10 in my book. While you could make a case that he's a statistically superior player to guys like Bird and Kobe, how could you possibly rank him ahead of those guys given how they won their rings and earned their reputations compared with how how Durant earned his?

Last year game 3 was huge for his development,he knew he was unstoppable

mightybosstone
07-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Last year game 3 was huge for his development,he knew he was unstoppable

I dreaded every time he touched the ball against Houston. Curry and Thompson were so streaky, that they didn't scare me throughout the entire series (frankly Thompson only scares me when he's taking an open 3-pointer). But Durant can be downright terrifying. There's no defense for a guy with his length, shot-making ability and athleticism. It didn't matter who they put on him defensively; he was hitting shots despite perfect defense in many cases.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:59 PM

do you factor in the fact that Durant sees what, zero double teams? Or that other teams spend what, 20 mins game planning for him?

When you are as good as Durant, and allowed to play completely free, of course you will make positive plays. Imagine Harden had the defensive attention (or lack there of) that Durant gets with GS. Yeah......

Durant is a great player. But his accomplishments just don't mean much when you consider he wasn't even needed for his own team to dominate the NBA. That, and **** him for making the NBA boring.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 04:59 PM
I dreaded every time he touched the ball against Houston. Curry and Thompson were so streaky, that they didn't scare me throughout the entire series (frankly Thompson only scares me when he's taking an open 3-pointer). But Durant can be downright terrifying. There's no defense for a guy with his length, shot-making ability and athleticism. It didn't matter who they put on him defensively; he was hitting shots despite perfect defense in many cases.

there is no defense for him with one defender, no. problem is, when playing GS, that is all you can send at him.

When GS loses, do you see websites, posters, media, etc, pinning it on Durant? Do you see his teammates look to him everytime they need a bucket? Do you see him shoulder the responsibility LeBron or Jordan did?

I am sorry, but i can't give him much legacy credit for his rings. Nor his play. The freedom he has playing with his teammates is unprecedented for his caliber of player. It's not even enjoyable.

IKnowHoops
07-26-2018, 05:28 PM

I think the fact that heís in peoples top 10 means itís having a great effect. Some will argue him over Wilt. That to me means heís getting mad crazy props off those rings

nastynice
07-26-2018, 05:35 PM
there is no defense for him with one defender, no. problem is, when playing GS, that is all you can send at him.

When GS loses, do you see websites, posters, media, etc, pinning it on Durant? Do you see his teammates look to him everytime they need a bucket? Do you see him shoulder the responsibility LeBron or Jordan did?

I am sorry, but i can't give him much legacy credit for his rings. Nor his play. The freedom he has playing with his teammates is unprecedented for his caliber of player. It's not even enjoyable.

That's why it was such a perfect move. We had a system, phenomenal for regular season but a step below for when things grind down in the playoffs. A durant type player was the exact move we had to make, an offensive guy that can win his iso's and not rely on 3's

Durant was so filthy, brought the mid range game back like its 95

IKnowHoops
07-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Heís still securely on my all time starting 5.

Lebron
Mike
KD
Drob
Shaq

nastynice
07-26-2018, 05:41 PM
do you factor in the fact that Durant sees what, zero double teams? Or that other teams spend what, 20 mins game planning for him?

When you are as good as Durant, and allowed to play completely free, of course you will make positive plays. Imagine Harden had the defensive attention (or lack there of) that Durant gets with GS. Yeah......

Durant is a great player. But his accomplishments just don't mean much when you consider he wasn't even needed for his own team to dominate the NBA. That, and **** him for making the NBA boring.

Zero double teams? Helps slides if he gets to the paint, but he's such a nasty scorer, he gets his step and instead of going into the trees he pulls up from 14 like it ain't a damn thing.

He gets extra space, no doubt, but it's also his game that allows him open looks. Like I said, perfect combo

Dade County
07-26-2018, 05:41 PM
I just donít see it. Itís been 2 years since he made his decision to bolt on OKC and go ring chasing and heís still getting criticized (forget the fans and media), but by his own peers. People will bring up back to back finals mvps, but give me a break, any superstar on a stacked team can play well 4 out of 7 games (I feel having a playoffs MVP is better because itís determined by 4 rounds and not just 1 round).

I just feel KD was regarded higher with 1 finals loss and 1 league mvp as a Thunder than 2 finals wins and 2 finals mvps as a Warriors.

I think in the case of KD, championships really arenít everything.

Do you see him staying in Golden State beyond next summer?

I just see it as GS won titles. I don't individuals those championships. The team is too stacked. So whereever KD was on my list, he is in that same position. He can not go any higher or lower.

Honestly there were sometimes I didn't even to sweat on his face in the Finals. Congrats to GS and their fan base. They have an all time team.

Saddletramp
07-26-2018, 06:18 PM

Lol, you shifted this to Kobe in a comparison of two totally different situations. And no, the guy wasnít convicted of rape, so stop saying the guy raped somebody.

Quinnsanity
07-26-2018, 06:50 PM

Are we sure this is true? It's been 25 years and the "MJ wasn't there" stink still hasn't worn off of Hakeem's titles.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2018, 07:39 PM
That's why it was such a perfect move. We had a system, phenomenal for regular season but a step below for when things grind down in the playoffs. A durant type player was the exact move we had to make, an offensive guy that can win his iso's and not rely on 3's

Durant was so filthy, brought the mid range game back like its 95

poor GS, just that one little piece away that summer....

stop dude. I don't blame GS for what they did, why not? But the move itself ended up killing competition entirely.

No **** a Durant type was what they needed. Any team would become instantly good with him on it. It's not like they went out and got a washed up Bill Walton and got an extra year out of him....

Vinylman
07-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Maybe for casual fans that can't defend their views on the game but for any student of the game, its pretty hard to forget unprecedented cowardice

I am right there with YOU Ö but I was talking about the casual fans

JAZZNC
07-26-2018, 09:26 PM

stop dude. I don't blame GS for what they did, why not? But the move itself ended up killing competition entirely.

No **** a Durant type was what they needed. Any team would become instantly good with him on it. It's not like they went out and got a washed up Bill Walton and got an extra year out of him....

Hahaha, exactly! A Durant type was what Utah needed too....along with every other team in the NBA. That's what sucks so bad is that he could have literally joined ANY team but the one he went to and made them contenders but instead just totally pussed out. I mean Utah with Durant would be a championship contender, Portland, Washington, tons of teams that are good but not great but oh well....it is what it is.

LaVar Ball
07-26-2018, 10:28 PM

tittays

Chronz
07-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Hahaha, exactly! A Durant type was what Utah needed too....along with every other team in the NBA. That's what sucks so bad is that he could have literally joined ANY team but the one he went to and made them contenders but instead just totally pussed out. I mean Utah with Durant would be a championship contender, Portland, Washington, tons of teams that are good but not great but oh well....it is what it is.

Lol that's what kd has caused on these guys, we're so close to a title, you know what would push us over the top ?
Me: maybe not choking would help but I suppose they could have used abit more depth or just run it back.

Nah man, a KD type is all we need.

Me: face palm

likemystylez
07-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Why would any self respecting man admire it? I never thought a player could slide in rank unless another surpassed him but kd might just buck that trend with his unrelenting insecurities, lack of competitive fervor and self awareness.

because KD wont be the last one to do it. It will get more and more common over time. Superteams arent going anywhere, stars teaming up with one another arent going anywhere (Heck- a month ago there were tons of fans hoping lebron teamed up with paul george, kawai leonard and boogie cousins on a team that already has 16 rings.) Those are the same fans saying they want competitive balance so bad haha.

Anyways, over time other players will do similar things, and some fans will justify it by saying player X teamed up with a couple other stars to compete with super teams A and B, and those super teams will add another star.... and before you know it KD will just be a great player who came and went.

likemystylez
07-26-2018, 11:37 PM

we just had 2 game 7s in the conference finals!!! how often does that happen in both conferences, and the underdog road team won both?

LOL killing competition- meanwhile lebrons team building resulted in no team in the east having a shot at even getting to the finals in like a decade- but lets nevermind that

Saddletramp
07-27-2018, 12:45 AM
Not even worth it with you, stylez. You just have no idea about pretty much anything.

cmellofan15
07-27-2018, 01:08 AM
Lol, you shifted this to Kobe in a comparison of two totally different situations. And no, the guy wasnít convicted of rape, so stop saying the guy raped somebody.

are you suggesting that our justice system is infallible AND that kobe lied in his apology to the woman???

JAZZNC
07-27-2018, 01:18 AM
Lol that's what kd has caused on these guys, we're so close to a title, you know what would push us over the top ?
Me: maybe not choking would help but I suppose they could have used abit more depth or just run it back.

Nah man, a KD type is all we need.

Me: face palm

He actually said they had a system that was good in the regular season but not in the playoffs....after just going to back to back finals and winning one of them lol! Seems like it was working pretty good in the playoffs. All they needed was a SF/PF that could go 3/8 on wide *** open shots each game instead of 1/7 like Harrison Barnes.

likemystylez
07-27-2018, 01:26 AM
are you suggesting that our justice system is infallible AND that kobe lied in his apology to the woman???

yup- in kobes apology he admitted to an act that would fall under the definition of rape

nastynice
07-27-2018, 03:16 AM

Yea but what I'm saying that beyond just the talent, it fit the overall puzzle. A perfect example of where that didn't happen is lebron Wade, where the talent was just ridiculous but they almost had to take turns doing the same thing

Saddletramp
07-27-2018, 04:19 AM

Of course it is and I donít know what he lied or didnít lie about. But to equate the Kobe situation to this jack off Kevin Durant is dumb. Two totally different situations.

MygirlhatesCod
07-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Of course it is and I donít know what he lied or didnít lie about. But to equate the Kobe situation to this jack off Kevin Durant is dumb. Two totally different situations.

I am saying if people still respect Kobe after what he did (there is a lot btw) then WTF is so hard about respecting KD. I am not equating their actions. I'm equating the aftermath of their actions. Kobe wins a championship and everyone forgets. KD could win two more in the same fashion and still be despised. its just odd to me how much malice is held for one and not the other. even in the bolded you only insult KD.

mightybosstone
07-27-2018, 09:21 AM

Wow, it feels super strange being on the side of defending Durant. I need to make a mental note not to make a habit of doing this. It feels pretty gross.

That being said, I think the guy absolutely benefits from playing with multiple superstars. But I saw him hit shots with a multitude of lineups on the floor. I do think he and Curry in the high pick and roll are literally unguardable, but the rest of the guys on the floor, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots when the ball is in their hands, you know?
I do think he's still getting occasionally doubled and that teams are trying to do different things to try and stop him.

And in terms of his numbers, statistically he was actually a superior player in OKC. So you can't look at the stats and say "Durant's getting a huge boost from playing in Golden State! What a *****!" (I mean, he is a *****. But not because of the numbers.) And if we're going to knock him for playing in an unguardable offense, are we going to do the same for playing in the early OKC days with Westy and Harden? Because I'd argue that team had more unguardable offensive players than this Warriors team does.

Different offenses obviously. It's more about ball movement with the Warriors than sheer offensive talent, but teams couldn't exactly double him, Westy or Harden back in those days either.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2018, 09:24 AM
we just had 2 game 7s in the conference finals!!! how often does that happen in both conferences, and the underdog road team won both?

LOL killing competition- meanwhile lebrons team building resulted in no team in the east having a shot at even getting to the finals in like a decade- but lets nevermind that

GS sleepwalked their way to another chip. The Rockets, and every other team, are trying to catch up. GS took their foot off the gas, which is common with teams head and shoulders above the rest, I am not sure GS could have played a lot worse, yet they still won it all.

They are leaps and bounds more talented, and better when they want to be, than any other team in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Yea but what I'm saying that beyond just the talent, it fit the overall puzzle. A perfect example of where that didn't happen is lebron Wade, where the talent was just ridiculous but they almost had to take turns doing the same thing

I get all of it. it doesn't change the fact an all timer, in his peak, took the biggest vag way out possible. It was if the perfect storm of "how can I make myself stop dead in my tracks for all time ranking and piss off the entire sports world" happened. GS normally never has that capspace available, and Durant made his decision.

No need to justify Durant. Enjoy your titles, they will keep coming.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Wow, it feels super strange being on the side of defending Durant. I need to make a mental note not to make a habit of doing this. It feels pretty gross.

That being said, I think the guy absolutely benefits from playing with multiple superstars. But I saw him hit shots with a multitude of lineups on the floor. I do think he and Curry in the high pick and roll are literally unguardable, but the rest of the guys on the floor, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots when the ball is in their hands, you know?
I do think he's still getting occasionally doubled and that teams are trying to do different things to try and stop him.

And in terms of his numbers, statistically he was actually a superior player in OKC. So you can't look at the stats and say "Durant's getting a huge boost from playing in Golden State! What a *****!" (I mean, he is a *****. But not because of the numbers.) And if we're going to knock him for playing in an unguardable offense, are we going to do the same for playing in the early OKC days with Westy and Harden? Because I'd argue that team had more unguardable offensive players than this Warriors team does.

Different offenses obviously. It's more about ball movement with the Warriors than sheer offensive talent, but teams couldn't exactly double him, Westy or Harden back in those days either.

I get all that, and GS in a bubble is very fun to watch. Durant and Curry specifically. But it was just SUCH a vag move man. I get that LeBron likely thought when he joined Miami, "My days of carrying a team on my back are over", but.....they weren't. In this case, Durant has played great, I am saying, why wouldn't he? Far more freedom, far more talent on his team, far better offense for him, etc.

Everything he does is so watered down. At least to me.

MygirlhatesCod
07-27-2018, 10:14 AM
I get all that, and GS in a bubble is very fun to watch. Durant and Curry specifically. But it was just SUCH a vag move man. I get that LeBron likely thought when he joined Miami, "My days of carrying a team on my back are over", but.....they weren't. In this case, Durant has played great, I am saying, why wouldn't he? Far more freedom, far more talent on his team, far better offense for him, etc.

Everything he does is so watered down. At least to me.

I would love to revisit this next year when DMC is in the starting five. I seriously cant wait!

nastynice
07-27-2018, 12:45 PM
I get all of it. it doesn't change the fact an all timer, in his peak, took the biggest vag way out possible. It was if the perfect storm of "how can I make myself stop dead in my tracks for all time ranking and piss off the entire sports world" happened. GS normally never has that capspace available, and Durant made his decision.

No need to justify Durant. Enjoy your titles, they will keep coming.

I think we're talking about diff things here, lol..

TakeYourL
07-27-2018, 02:11 PM
Durant may be one if the greatest players of this generation, but nothing he is doing right now is impressive, because of the team he is on, and how easy it is.

His accomplishments in GS will never be remembered as great.

And acting like Kanye isn't doing him any favors either, dude is such a weak minded emotional hoe, it's pathetic.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Durant may be one if the greatest players of this generation, but nothing he is doing right now is impressive, because of the team he is on, and how easy it is.

His accomplishments in GS will never be remembered as great.

And acting like Kanye isn't doing him any favors either, dude is such a weak minded emotional hoe, it's pathetic.

makes me yearn for the days of Kobe being a huge arrogant dick.

Saddletramp
07-27-2018, 02:22 PM
I am saying if people still respect Kobe after what he did (there is a lot btw) then WTF is so hard about respecting KD. I am not equating their actions. I'm equating the aftermath of their actions. Kobe wins a championship and everyone forgets. KD could win two more in the same fashion and still be despised. its just odd to me how much malice is held for one and not the other. even in the bolded you only insult KD.

Again, theyíre completely two different situations. One was off the court troubles where he ended up not being found guilty and the other is a top 3 player joining you know the rest. Why are some of you guys so obtuse? You try to keep equating different things without any context.

numba1CHANGsta
07-27-2018, 02:53 PM
KD ain't staying in GS after this season and everybody knows it. He's going to either NY or LA next year.

MygirlhatesCod
07-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Again, theyíre completely two different situations. One was off the court troubles where he ended up not being found guilty and the other is a top 3 player joining you know the rest. Why are some of you guys so obtuse? You try to keep equating different things without any context.

you are way to good at being a troll....do you even look things up before you say things? do some research. also look up the word comprehension.

Saddletramp
07-27-2018, 03:25 PM
you are way to good at being a troll....do you even look things up before you say things? do some research. also look up the word comprehension.

Youíre the one comparing a

You know what? **** it. Youíre not going to understand this basic **** anyways so why bother. Goddamn some of you GS fans are in****ingsufferable.

TakeYourL
07-27-2018, 03:37 PM
makes me yearn for the days of Kobe being a huge arrogant dick.

Yeah at least he was a true alpha, and not this cringey insecure bs. That interview the other day where he was super defensive and all insecure as so cringe. The look in his face showed how flustered he was.

And I remember not long ago when durant was the guy everyone liked. Now no one cares about him unless it's to talk about how soft he is lol.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Yeah at least he was a true alpha, and not this cringey insecure bs. That interview the other day where he was super defensive and all insecure as so cringe. The look in his face showed how flustered he was.

And I remember not long ago when durant was the guy everyone liked. Now no one cares about him unless it's to talk about how soft he is lol.

Durant did what was best for himself, but man, he just crushed all perception of him. Like he went from loveable, to people despising him. All because of a baskteball decision. Part of me is sympathetic to that, but then watching him act like a "poor me" little sally all the time, and act so defensive, just makes me wonder how he even gets out of bed in the morning. And all of it is even worse when we factor in he made some "competition" remark when LeBron left in 2010 haha.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-27-2018, 06:33 PM
It's a sad situation bc snake would have been great if he stayed on OKC. It seems like even the GS fans and players are sick of him a bit bc people don't respect their team

Jamiecballer
07-27-2018, 08:32 PM
You can't diminish Durants contribution without doing the same to Curry.

Which I suppose explains the real reason no GS fan wants to diminish Durants contribution.

Damn it must suck knowing Curry will top out at like 20th

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

likemystylez
07-27-2018, 11:32 PM
KD ain't staying in GS after this season and everybody knows it. He's going to either NY or LA next year.

LMAO at NY- why would he go there? they tanking lately arent they?

and you know whats funny- most of the people who ripped him for being weak for going to golden state.... would probably have no problem with him going to LA to play second fiddle to Lebron

nastynice
07-28-2018, 12:02 AM
. It seems like even the GS fans and players are sick of him a bit bc people don't respect their team

People are talking about these warriors as though they cheated and ruined the league and made things unfair. I can't think of any higher respect being given to how great my favorite team is.

If we have a fully healthy cousins in the playoffs, raw talent wise this has to be the goat team ever.

Allphakenny1
07-28-2018, 12:06 AM
It's a sad situation bc snake would have been great if he stayed on OKC. It seems like even the GS fans and players are sick of him a bit bc people don't respect their team

I would not say people do not respect their team, as many regard them as the greatest team of all time. They just do not respect Durant's decision as an already top 20 (and top 3 current) player joining one of the already best teams we have ever seen.

Allphakenny1
07-28-2018, 12:13 AM
You can't diminish Durants contribution without doing the same to Curry.

Which I suppose explains the real reason no GS fan wants to diminish Durants contribution.

Damn it must suck knowing Curry will top out at like 20th

Topping out at 20ish seems pretty ignorant. He is pretty much a lock to finish that high by most accounts and just adding counting stats regardless of championships will assure he moves up at least slightly.

nastynice
07-28-2018, 12:19 AM
I would not say people do not respect their team, as many regard them as the greatest team of all time. They just do not respect Durant's decision as an already top 20 (and top 3 current) player joining one of the already best teams we have ever seen.

Yea, tho pre Durant warriors were below the bulls and Lakers, we weren't necessarily a tier 1 all time team without him

Scoots
07-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Yea, tho pre Durant warriors were below the bulls and Lakers, we weren't necessarily a tier 1 all time team without him

Funny thing is, with the 73 wins they would have been there had they won the title ... but then KD wouldn't have joined, and possibly LeBron wouldn't have left Cleveland.

Jamiecballer
07-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Topping out at 20ish seems pretty ignorant. He is pretty much a lock to finish that high by most accounts and just adding counting stats regardless of championships will assure he moves up at least slightly.I think we are agreeing and you dont know it because what is moving up a bit? 2, 4 spots in your eyes?

hugepatsfan
07-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Nah and you can tell from his tirades that it eats away at him. I actually feel bad for him on a personal level because even though I hate him basketball wise you can tell heís a sad and unfulfilled person.

Chronz
07-28-2018, 01:29 PM
because KD wont be the last one to do it. It will get more and more common over time. Superteams arent going anywhere, stars teaming up with one another arent going anywhere (Heck- a month ago there were tons of fans hoping lebron teamed up with paul george, kawai leonard and boogie cousins on a team that already has 16 rings.) Those are the same fans saying they want competitive balance so bad haha.

Anyways, over time other players will do similar things, and some fans will justify it by saying player X teamed up with a couple other stars to compete with super teams A and B, and those super teams will add another star.... and before you know it KD will just be a great player who came and went.

Yeah we've seen super teams since the 60s. Im talking about what Durant did and it took a major confluence of events to get there that I don't see happening again

nastynice
07-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Funny thing is, with the 73 wins they would have been there had they won the title ... but then KD wouldn't have joined, and possibly LeBron wouldn't have left Cleveland.

In a stats sense yea, most wins ever, but in reality we shoulda lost to okc before even facing lebron

This team is clearly on another level than that

Allphakenny1
07-28-2018, 03:03 PM
I think we are agreeing and you dont know it because what is moving up a bit? 2, 4 spots in your eyes?

Sure, but I think that is the low end of Curry climbing the ranks, where you seem to think that is the high end. I could see him (not saying he will, just that he can) rising up to that Kobe range by the end of his career.

Jamiecballer
07-28-2018, 03:58 PM
It takes some real balls to 'rant on Kevin's "unprecedented" move while simultaneously acknowledging that it took an unprecedented set of circumstances to create it - thereby rendering any comparisons to such and such a "competitor" who would never do this completely moot

Allphakenny1
07-28-2018, 04:25 PM
It takes some real balls to 'rant on Kevin's "unprecedented" move while simultaneously acknowledging that it took an unprecedented set of circumstances to create it - thereby rendering any comparisons to such and such a "competitor" who would never do this completely moot

Now this I do agree with.

TylerSL
07-28-2018, 05:09 PM
No. Durant will be remembered as an all time great player, but he won't command as much respect as his other all time great contemporaries. Durant literally hopped on the gravy train because Golden State already won a championship before he showed up. Golden State had already broken the single season wins record before he showed up. Golden State already had the reigning two time league MVP before he ever showed up. Durant joining the Warriors didn't make them great, he wanted to have an easy path to a title (and he said as much).

It's fine for him to do that and that doesn't take away from him as a player, but it does take away respect. Championships for Durant are adding up, but they aren't going to help him move up the all time list because they don't even need him to win. Can anyone name any other championship team that didn't need their best player to win the championship?

Durant will be remembered as a top 15 player ever by the time his career is over (I think he's top 25 right now). However he will never be remembered as a great winner who led his team to championships, no matter how many rings he wins. I've never been one to simply count rings to describe someone's greatness, but I've always believed they helped an argument. Durant is ruining championships even being part of the discussion because his rings mean next to nothing.

As to whether or not he will stay in Golden State, the asnwer is yes. The only way Durant would ever consider leaving the Warriors was if Curry left, which won't happen. Durant thinks if he keeps beating Lebron in the Finals and wins more rings than him that will make him greater. He is mistaken.

nastynice
07-28-2018, 06:35 PM

lol :cheers:

Scoots
07-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Nah and you can tell from his tirades that it eats away at him. I actually feel bad for him on a personal level because even though I hate him basketball wise you can tell heís a sad and unfulfilled person.

Generally I agree ... but a lot of the best of the best were driven by that same pain KD seems to feel (MJ and Bird among them) ... and while in general I think KD would serve himself well by stepping back from the mic (or smart phone), in this case CJ did do him dirty by joining in with the joking when it was just between the two of them then turning around and screwing him online.

Jamiecballer
07-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Sure, but I think that is the low end of Curry climbing the ranks, where you seem to think that is the high end. I could see him (not saying he will, just that he can) rising up to that Kobe range by the end of his career.But why would he though? Some people say Durant can't go any higher so why wouldn't we have started to view Curry as having plateaued with his first title?? Have to pick one side of the fence or the other.

Not you, I'm speaking in generalities. I haven't heard anybody ask whether the last 2 titles have had any impact on Curry?

even though any excuse for why it would not would have to boil down to I dont like durants choice.

Scoots
07-28-2018, 08:33 PM

hehe ... well stated. This is now the standard answer.

Allphakenny1
07-29-2018, 01:18 AM
But why would he though? Some people say Durant can't go any higher so why wouldn't we have started to view Curry as having plateaued with his first title?? Have to pick one side of the fence or the other.

Not you, I'm speaking in generalities. I haven't heard anybody ask whether the last 2 titles have had any impact on Curry?

even though any excuse for why it would not would have to boil down to I dont like durants choice.

Well, I would say that him playing great these last two finals should (outside of the haters) put an end to the Curry shrinks in the playoffs/championship. This was the biggest argument against him climbing the all time rankings as he was only good his first championship and, while injured his second, really underachieved.

These last two championships he played great. The whole seeing less defensive attention on a stacked team argument does not work as it was clear Cleveland still focused the majority of their defensive attention on Curry. So even if you believe the championships do not add to his legacy, which I think is dumb, he at least proved he is a playoff/championship performer.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Well, I would say that him playing great these last two finals should (outside of the haters) put an end to the Curry shrinks in the playoffs/championship. This was the biggest argument against him climbing the all time rankings as he was only good his first championship and, while injured his second, really underachieved.

These last two championships he played great. The whole seeing less defensive attention on a stacked team argument does not work as it was clear Cleveland still focused the majority of their defensive attention on Curry. So even if you believe the championships do not add to his legacy, which I think is dumb, he at least proved he is a playoff/championship performer.

I think you're ignoring the notion that Curry had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders/felt no pressure to step up in the Finals as the alpha once KD joined. He is very comfortable being a beta and yes it probably will be a knock on him when discussing the all time greats 10-20 years from now. Can't forget how he went ghost in big moments before KD.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2018, 10:01 AM
As far as GS's level of respect, yes people do marvel at how dominant they are. I will say that they were respected a whole lot more when they built up organically and getting all kinds of records. Once KD joined that was the end of it. Not many besides GS fans wanna see the deck so stacked in favor of one team. I've even talked to some GS fans who are happy to be winning titles but sick of the negative light that KD brings to GS and would be relieved if he left (especially a few Curry fans).

Vinylman
07-29-2018, 10:33 AM
players are all basically ******* now... look at Reddicks comments if he didn't get what he wanted... he said he would call up GS and try to get that midlevel... dude would rather bolt to GS than play for the same amount in Philly who has a good chance of coming out of the east...

the league is a joke and the CBA needs to be scrapped Ö the exceptions are killing the league

Jamiecballer
07-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Well, I dont believe that winning championships doesn't add to their legacy, I'm just turning that argument back around on people who trash Durant but dont apply the same logic to Curry. You can't ignore what Durant is doing and file it all under meaningless and not do the same with Curry.

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:00 PM

Who's ranting?
What makes you think so?

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:01 PM
No. Durant will be remembered as an all time great player, but he won't command as much respect as his other all time great contemporaries. Durant literally hopped on the gravy train because Golden State already won a championship before he showed up. Golden State had already broken the single season wins record before he showed up. Golden State already had the reigning two time league MVP before he ever showed up. Durant joining the Warriors didn't make them great, he wanted to have an easy path to a title (and he said as much).

It's fine for him to do that and that doesn't take away from him as a player, but it does take away respect. Championships for Durant are adding up, but they aren't going to help him move up the all time list because they don't even need him to win. Can anyone name any other championship team that didn't need their best player to win the championship?

Durant will be remembered as a top 15 player ever by the time his career is over (I think he's top 25 right now). However he will never be remembered as a great winner who led his team to championships, no matter how many rings he wins. I've never been one to simply count rings to describe someone's greatness, but I've always believed they helped an argument. Durant is ruining championships even being part of the discussion because his rings mean next to nothing.

As to whether or not he will stay in Golden State, the asnwer is yes. The only way Durant would ever consider leaving the Warriors was if Curry left, which won't happen. Durant thinks if he keeps beating Lebron in the Finals and wins more rings than him that will make him greater. He is mistaken.

Below bill Russell for sure

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Generally I agree ... but a lot of the best of the best were driven by that same pain KD seems to feel (MJ and Bird among them) ... and while in general I think KD would serve himself well by stepping back from the mic (or smart phone), in this case CJ did do him dirty by joining in with the joking when it was just between the two of them then turning around and screwing him online.

Elaborate because those 2 are worlds apart from him

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:05 PM
hehe ... well stated. This is now the standard answer.

Feel free to answer for him. Ive seen great competitors deny moves that were less favorable, that gs was unique only destroys the notion of it happening again.

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:06 PM

You don't prove that on such an easy mission. It's like beating a game on easy and comparing your time to do so vs legendary gamers who win on impossible settings

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:09 PM
As far as GS's level of respect, yes people do marvel at how dominant they are. I will say that they were respected a whole lot more when they built up organically and getting all kinds of records. Once KD joined that was the end of it. Not many besides GS fans wanna see the deck so stacked in favor of one team. I've even talked to some GS fans who are happy to be winning titles but sick of the negative light that KD brings to GS and would be relieved if he left (especially a few Curry fans).

Buddy of mine at work stopped sporting gs attire for that very reason. Dude hates kd for making the dubs such an easy target. Yeah you're the best, look at the ******* on ur squad tho

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:11 PM
players are all basically ******* now... look at Reddicks comments if he didn't get what he wanted... he said he would call up GS and try to get that midlevel... dude would rather bolt to GS than play for the same amount in Philly who has a good chance of coming out of the east...

the league is a joke and the CBA needs to be scrapped Ö the exceptions are killing the league

It was a 1x blip. CBS is fine. Even if another player wants a sex change, he's gonna have to pay up big time

Chronz
07-29-2018, 01:13 PM
Well, I dont believe that winning championships doesn't add to their legacy, I'm just turning that argument back around on people who trash Durant but dont apply the same logic to Curry. You can't ignore what Durant is doing and file it all under meaningless and not do the same with Curry.

Curry has alot to prove, so does kd. We'll never know how great these guys actually are because of kd decision. We lost out on so much of currys peak, we were heading for some of the greatest clashes in history before the unprecedented union. Instead we got a league so predictable that many of my friends cashed in on it.

Scoots
07-29-2018, 01:23 PM

I think the issue goes far beyond the exceptions. The majority of contracts signed this year were one year deals and they were certainly not all based on exceptions. I think the way the entire league is operating is changing. In the 80s and early 90s it was about the super agents working the league like a system, then the owners/gms were shaping the league, and now, since LeBron and the Heatles it's all about the players taking advantage of their options and opportunities. Players now know that they will not play with any little injury, the coaches will give them rest, the players can buy insurance based on potential earnings, and trainers and doctors are far superior in keeping them fit and extending their careers. Now taking a 1 year deal to maintain control over your situation is preferred to signing a multi-year deal even if it's for more money.

MygirlhatesCod
07-29-2018, 01:53 PM
You don't prove that on such an easy mission. It's like beating a game on easy and comparing your time to do so vs legendary gamers who win on impossible settings

Hilarious! As long as people such as yourself are around Iím content. You probably also hate when a team is ďrunning the score upĒ.
Blaming a winner for winning is insane!
Be mad that the rest of the league sucks and canít stop it. Be mad that gmís Have been handing out trash contracts for years. Be mad that players are so self centered they believe the game plan isnít as important as their stats.
So many other things to point at but you rather sing that same simple *** song. Stop being blind to the real problems simple jack.

nastynice
07-29-2018, 03:55 PM

Yup, gs really came up. It used to be la where everyone wanted to play in Cali, now it's Oakland. That's was quick

nastynice
07-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Curry has alot to prove, so does kd. We'll never know how great these guys actually are because of kd decision. We lost out on so much of currys peak, we were heading for some of the greatest clashes in history before the unprecedented union. Instead we got a league so predictable that many of my friends cashed in on it.

Make that money baby! :smoking:

nastynice
07-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Buddy of mine at work stopped sporting gs attire for that very reason. Dude hates kd for making the dubs such an easy target. Yeah you're the best, look at the ******* on ur squad tho

Golden state would have been a target regardless. We already had that from the first championship,way before kd had anything to do with the warriors

The more you win the more people hate. In Miami lebron was the most hated, now golden state is.

Exactly how it should be :)

Vinylman
07-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Yup, gs really came up. It used to be la where everyone wanted to play in Cali, now it's Oakland. That's was quick

Lakers never were players in the FA market for the most part... apples and hand grenades bro

Vinylman
07-29-2018, 05:12 PM
I think the issue goes far beyond the exceptions. The majority of contracts signed this year were one year deals and they were certainly not all based on exceptions. I think the way the entire league is operating is changing. In the 80s and early 90s it was about the super agents working the league like a system, then the owners/gms were shaping the league, and now, since LeBron and the Heatles it's all about the players taking advantage of their options and opportunities. Players now know that they will not play with any little injury, the coaches will give them rest, the players can buy insurance based on potential earnings, and trainers and doctors are far superior in keeping them fit and extending their careers. Now taking a 1 year deal to maintain control over your situation is preferred to signing a multi-year deal even if it's for more money.

blah blah blah

dude is on a contender in the east and basically said he would be a ***** and go play for GS like Cousins did if they didn't offer more money...

it is 100% about the exceptions and a lack of a hard cap... teams way over the cap can still add players for above the minimum... that is assinine

Scoots
07-29-2018, 05:17 PM
blah blah blah

dude is on a contender in the east and basically said he would be a ***** and go play for GS like Cousins did if they didn't offer more money...

it is 100% about the exceptions and a lack of a hard cap... teams way over the cap can still add players for above the minimum... that is assinine

I'd be fine with a hard cap and no exceptions ... but the owners and the players don't want it so it's not likely.

Vinylman
07-29-2018, 05:21 PM
I'd be fine with a hard cap and no exceptions ... but the owners and the players don't want it so it's not likely.

The exceptions are stupid... they don't do anything but take money away from the truly elite guys when they reconcile the BRI each year.

Players really are stupid... they get the exact same amount of money each year with or without exceptions... contracts are nothing more than an allocation methodology... no one makes what their contracts say... no one

Scoots
07-29-2018, 05:31 PM
The exceptions are stupid... they don't do anything but take money away from the truly elite guys when they reconcile the BRI each year.

Players really are stupid... they get the exact same amount of money each year with or without exceptions... contracts are nothing more than an allocation methodology... no one makes what their contracts say... no one

The total amount paid to the players overall doesn't change, but the number of players and the amount those players below the star level would be employed and make more than if there were no exceptions. The exceptions do make individual players more money in the current system. The Supermax and max contracts can be higher if a team has your bird rights regardless of the cap. If there were no exceptions the rosters of teams with cap space would fill up, the capped teams would not be able to fill their rosters and there would be fewer players in the NBA making money. So, yes, in total the exceptions make no difference, but individually they make a huge difference.

Chronz
07-29-2018, 07:22 PM
Golden state would have been a target regardless. We already had that from the first championship,way before kd had anything to do with the warriors

The more you win the more people hate. In Miami lebron was the most hated, now golden state is.

Exactly how it should be :)
Nobody hated Cleveland and I remember quite a few pulling for you guys to break the record

Chronz
07-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Hilarious! As long as people such as yourself are around Iím content. You probably also hate when a team is ďrunning the score upĒ.
Blaming a winner for winning is insane!
Be mad that the rest of the league sucks and canít stop it. Be mad that gmís Have been handing out trash contracts for years. Be mad that players are so self centered they believe the game plan isnít as important as their stats.
So many other things to point at but you rather sing that same simple *** song. Stop being blind to the real problems simple jack.

Why would I care about that? I actually focus more on point differential than just win loss tallies.

Blaming? Comparing is the better word

Why would I blame the league for one man's cowardly choice.
GMs are dumb, even the smart ones can't compete when a super star of the highest order lacks the balls to lead a team of his own

Chronz
07-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Make that money baby! :smoking:

Id rather have my sport back but the good news I heard is that KD may retire early.

nastynice
07-29-2018, 09:00 PM
Nobody hated Cleveland and I remember quite a few pulling for you guys to break the record

I said Miami, and you're saying warriors weren't getting hated before kd, lmao. Oh man, that okc series really brought hella haters out the woodwork, lol

nastynice
07-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Id rather have my sport back but the good news I heard is that KD may retire early.

Nice, your sports right around the corner! :hi5:

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 08:14 AM

what sport is that?

the one that has only seen 11 out of 30 teams win a championship in 38 years? not to mention teams anywhere other than California or Texas are excluded from the west in that same span,

the most maddening part is during that timeframe at least 80% of those were predictable. the only real crazy ones to me were the mavs and Cleveland coming back down 3-1. that's 38 years of predictability from the sport you want back so dearly. clearly Durants fault for making the league the way its always been.

Saddletramp
07-30-2018, 12:49 PM
what sport is that?

the one that has only seen 11 out of 30 teams win a championship in 38 years? not to mention teams anywhere other than California or Texas are excluded from the west in that same span,

the most maddening part is during that timeframe at least 80% of those were predictable. the only real crazy ones to me were the mavs and Cleveland coming back down 3-1. that's 38 years of predictability from the sport you want back so dearly. clearly Durants fault for making the league the way its always been.

Yeah, just about every one of those years were competitive where we didnít know who was going to win the title beforehand. I donít like to read about spoilers before I start reading a book or watching a movie. When Vag Boy decides to vag it was like a spoiler for the next few years.

Saddletramp
07-30-2018, 12:52 PM
I love your sig, by the way. Lebron was so dead that Curry and Draymond had to sit in a car and literally cry to get another all star to join them. Lucky for them they picked the biggest ***** sports has ever seen.

nastynice
07-30-2018, 12:52 PM
lol, goat team ever.

I remember a few predictable chips, Lakers and heat and spurs coming to mind.

There was like a 5 year span that Lakers spurs was basically the finals, lol. You don't remember that?

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 12:55 PM
lol, goat team ever.

There was like a 5 year span that Lakers spurs was basically the finals, lol. You don't remember that?

selective memory for convenience.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 12:56 PM
Yeah, just about every one of those years were competitive where we didnít know who was going to win the title beforehand. I donít like to read about spoilers before I start reading a book or watching a movie. When Vag Boy decides to vag it was like a spoiler for the next few years.

hahahahahahahaha....sure!

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 12:58 PM
I love your sig, by the way. Lebron was so dead that Curry and Draymond had to sit in a car and literally cry to get another all star to join them. Lucky for them they picked the biggest ***** sports has ever seen.

Maybe next sig will have CP3 in there.

Saddletramp
07-30-2018, 12:59 PM
lol, goat team ever.

Not before the beginning of the year. With the exception of those Bulls runs, I never thought the NBA was ****ed from the beginning of the year and even those Bulls runs werenít 100%. Now if Shaq or Karl Malone wouldíve joined the Bulls? Yeah. But they just werenít ***** enough.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Not before the beginning of the year. With the exception of those Bulls runs, I never thought the NBA was ****ed from the beginning of the year and even those Bulls runs werenít 100%. Now if Shaq or Karl Malone wouldíve joined the Bulls? Yeah. But they just werenít ***** enough.

you are gonna sit there and lie? you must have been the only one thinking Jordan wasn't gonna win.

mngopher35
07-30-2018, 01:07 PM

Lol Nasty knows and admitted the obvious differences. These guys are just trolling at this point man

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 01:13 PM
lol, goat team ever.

it would have been 12 years straight of that if Dallas didn't sneak in there.

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Maybe next sig will have CP3 in there.

You'd think a fanbase that rooted for such a pitiful franchise for so many years would appreciate how rare it is to get to where they are today and show a little humility. Clearly that's not the case with some of you guys. Just remember this: The Warriors WILL lose at some point. Every team does. And I can assure you there will be plenty of posters on this site happy to provide a little payback for arrogant, unnecessary crap like this.

I kinda doubt you'll stick around to take your medicine, though. You'll probably bail on PSD the second the Warriors become irrelevant again...

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 01:22 PM

Whoah man... I know we all loathe the Warriors, but let's not stoop to things we'll regret later, like complimenting Karl Malone. :D

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 01:24 PM
You'd think a fanbase that rooted for such a pitiful franchise for so many years would appreciate how rare it is to get to where they are today and show a little humility. Clearly that's not the case with some of you guys. Just remember this: The Warriors WILL lose at some point. Every team does. And I can assure you there will be plenty of posters on this site happy to provide a little payback for arrogant, unnecessary crap like this.

I kinda doubt you'll stick around to take your medicine, though. You'll probably bail on PSD the second the Warriors become irrelevant again...

I'm assuming you just seen my post and paid no attention that it was in response to what tramp said.

Saddletramp
07-30-2018, 01:33 PM
I'm assuming you just seen my post and paid no attention that it was in response to what tramp said.

Nah, he saw. You make a trolling meme and get called out for it so you respond by trolling again. Some of you Warriors fans just always play the victim. Seems to fit given your crying stars and Quitter-In-Chief.

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 01:47 PM

No. I did. But your sig is, in itself, totally arrogant and unnecessary. It completely downplays Lebron and treats him as though the Warriors destroyed him in some way, whenóin factóthat couldn't be further from the truth. The only reason the Warriors "killed" Lebron is because they have way, way more talent in Golden State than Lebron played with in Cleveland over that four-year span.

I'm all for a little fun trash talk in the moment. But the sig is a total oversimplification and misrepresentation of the facts. It's insulting to Lebron just for the sake of being insulting, regardless of its accuracy. And if you replaced Lebron with CP3, it would be exactly the same. The Warriors didn't "kill" Paul. On the contrary, last time I checked, Paul and the Rockets were up 3-2 on the Warriors before the injury.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2018, 01:50 PM
Whoah man... I know we all love the Warriors, but let's not stoop to things we'll regret later, like complimenting Karl Malone. :D

if MBT ever committed a gastly crime and was sentenced to death, for some reason, I envision your last words being, "**** utah"

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 02:03 PM
if MBT ever committed a gastly crime and was sentenced to death, for some reason, I envision your last words being, "**** utah"

:laugh: The weird thing is that I think I've moved past my overall hate for the Jazz as a franchise. Like, I still can't stand them and would consider them one of the Rockets' greatest rivals, historically, but I've come to actually respect their current squad with guys like Mitchell, Rubio and Gobert. But the bitter hatred and vitriol I had for them over the last 20 years and subsided into more of a general dislike. There's probably 3-4 teams I dislike far more.

...except for Karl Malone. I don't know what it is about the guy, but I just cannot stand him. If I was ever driving and saw him walking on a sidewalk, I don't know that I could stop myself from veering into this path. I think my eyes would just see red, and I wouldn't be able to stop...

Hey, maybe that's what I'll go to prison for!

nastynice
07-30-2018, 02:33 PM

Oh I guess you didn't watch ball then, definitely had a few years of predictable basketball

nastynice
07-30-2018, 02:36 PM
No. I did. But your sig is, in itself, totally arrogant and unnecessary. It completely downplays Lebron and treats him as though the Warriors destroyed him in some way, whenóin factóthat couldn't be further from the truth. The only reason the Warriors "killed" Lebron is because they have way, way more talent in Golden State than Lebron played with in Cleveland over that four-year span.

I'm all for a little fun trash talk in the moment. But the sig is a total oversimplification and misrepresentation of the facts. It's insulting to Lebron just for the sake of being insulting, regardless of its accuracy. And if you replaced Lebron with CP3, it would be exactly the same. The Warriors didn't "kill" Paul. On the contrary, last time I checked, Paul and the Rockets were up 3-2 on the Warriors before the injury.

Not that it's important, but how is his sig diff than any other thousands of sigs people have? Look at all the kd sigs here, it's all trash talk.

And yes, having more talent is why we keep beating lebron. Same way he been beating the east for 5-6 years

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 02:44 PM

its a sig you baby. have you complained about everyone else's? bet not. also last time I checked the warriors closed out Houston 4-3. thanks for pointing out that a team with more talent won.....who would have guessed that was possible.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Nah, he saw. You make a trolling meme and get called out for it so you respond by trolling again. Some of you Warriors fans just always play the victim. Seems to fit given your crying stars and Quitter-In-Chief.

I really am though.........

nastynice
07-30-2018, 02:52 PM
I really am though.........

lol, seriously..

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 03:10 PM
its a sig you baby. have you complained about everyone else's? bet not. also last time I checked the warriors closed out Houston 4-3. thanks for pointing out that a team with more talent won.....who would have guessed that was possible.

You wanted an answer as to why I responded the way I did based on your sig. I gave it to you. Don't complain if you don't like my response, chief. :shrug:

And you can put whatever the hell you want on your sig. It's an internet sports forum, not Sunday School. I couldn't care less what you put on your sig. But just know that it comes off as arrogant when you do stuff like that.

Also, I never said the Warriors didn't close out Houston. But they didn't close out a healthy Houston with Chris Paul on the floor. In fact, the Rockets were leading the series before the injury. So to replace Lebron with Paul in that image would be completely absurd. That's the point I'm making. Reading comprehension: It shouldn't be that hard...

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 03:18 PM
You wanted an answer as to why I responded the way I did based on your sig. I gave it to you. Don't complain if you don't like my response, chief. :shrug:

And you can put whatever the hell you want on your sig. It's an internet sports forum, not Sunday School. I couldn't care less what you put on your sig. But just know that it comes off as arrogant when you do stuff like that.

Also, I never said the Warriors didn't close out Houston. But they didn't close out a healthy Houston with Chris Paul on the floor. In fact, the Rockets were leading the series before the injury. So to replace Lebron with Paul in that image would be completely absurd. That's the point I'm making. Reading comprehension: It shouldn't be that hard...

pathetic!

Warriors fans cant be arrogant. check
Warriors fans cant give opposing teams a chance of winning. check
Warriors fans cant defend KD. check
Warriors fans cant enjoy the titles as much because KD fixed the odds. check

please tell me more.

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Not that it's important, but how is his sig diff than any other thousands of sigs people have? Look at all the kd sigs here, it's all trash talk.

And yes, having more talent is why we keep beating lebron. Same way he been beating the east for 5-6 years

I addressed this already, but I'll reiterate my point: It's a misrepresentation of the situation. If Lebron has crapped the bed against Golden State the way he did against Dallas all of those years ago, that sig would be fair. Except that's not at all what happened. On the contrary, I'd probably argue that Lebron has outplayed every single Warriors player on the floor in every series he's played against Golden State. He didn't lose because he sucked. He lost because his teams were outmatched.

On the flip side of that, how are the KD sigs misrepresenting that situation? KD left a very good team to play for one of the most dominant teams in NBA history at the height of its peak, has taken less money to play second fiddle to Curry and has acted like a chump on numerous occasions in the last couple of years. Where have you seen a sig making fun of KD that hasn't been a fair jab at everything he's done since he joined the Warriors? Find me one, and we can discuss it.

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 03:31 PM
pathetic!

please tell me more.

:laugh:

I literally never said any of these things.

1. You can be arrogant. I literally just said: "And you can put whatever the hell you want on your sig. It's an internet sports forum, not Sunday School. I couldn't care less what you put on your sig. But just know that it comes off as arrogant when you do stuff like that."

2. No idea where the hell you pulled this point from.

3. Never said this either. You should absolutely want to defend your team's players. I do it all the time with Harden. But you also have to know that there are things that are indefensible. I'll argue all day long that Harden isn't the atrocious defender overall that everyone thinks he is. I won't, however, argue that he's a good transition defender, which he's genuinely terrible at. With Durant, you can argue for his on-court production and success all day long, but it's hard to argue that his decision to join the Warriors in the first place doesn't deserve criticism. As a Warriors fan, you had to know that would be the case the second it happened.

4. I never said anything remotely close to this. (Seriously, where in the hell are you getting this from?) You should absolutely enjoy them. You think I didn't enjoy the Astros winning last season because they traded for Justin Verlander midseason? Hell no! I cried tears of joy in my living room for a good 10 minutes. But you know what I didn't do? I didn't change my sig to Astros players suggesting that Clayton Kershaw, Kenley Jansen, Yasiel Puig, etc. were dead bodies. Why? Because I'm not a tool, and I can appreciate how rare it is to be at the top.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 03:34 PM
I addressed this already, but I'll reiterate my point: It's a misrepresentation of the situation. If Lebron has crapped the bed against Golden State the way he did against Dallas all of those years ago, that sig would be fair. Except that's not at all what happened. On the contrary, I'd probably argue that Lebron has outplayed every single Warriors player on the floor in every series he's played against Golden State. He didn't lose because he sucked. He lost because his teams were outmatched.

On the flip side of that, how are the KD sigs misrepresenting that situation? KD left a very good team to play for one of the most dominant teams in NBA history at the height of its peak, has taken less money to play second fiddle to Curry and has acted like a chump on numerous occasions in the last couple of years. Where have you seen a sig making fun of KD that hasn't been a fair jab at everything he's done since he joined the Warriors? Find me one, and we can discuss it.

hahaha like you would miss a chance to say the same thing over and over again regarding KD.

nastynice
07-30-2018, 03:39 PM

Of course it misrepresents a situation, that's what memes are, that's why they're funny/insulting. Same with all the kd memes.

Of course lebron lost because he was outmatched, that's the point.

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 03:44 PM
:laugh:

I literally never said any of these things.

1. You can be arrogant. I literally just said: "And you can put whatever the hell you want on your sig. It's an internet sports forum, not Sunday School. I couldn't care less what you put on your sig. But just know that it comes off as arrogant when you do stuff like that."

2. No idea where the hell you pulled this point from.

3. Never said this either. You should absolutely want to defend your team's players. I do it all the time with Harden. But you also have to know that there are things that are indefensible. I'll argue all day long that Harden isn't the atrocious defender overall that everyone thinks he is. I won't, however, argue that he's a good transition defender, which he's genuinely terrible at. With Durant, you can argue for his on-court production and success all day long, but it's hard to argue that his decision to join the Warriors in the first place doesn't deserve criticism. As a Warriors fan, you had to know that would be the case the second it happened.

4. I never said anything remotely close to this. (Seriously, where in the hell are you getting this from?) You should absolutely enjoy them. You think I didn't enjoy the Astros winning last season because they traded for Justin Verlander midseason? Hell no! I cried tears of joy in my living room for a good 10 minutes. But you know what I didn't do? I didn't change my sig to Astros players suggesting that Clayton Kershaw, Kenley Jansen, Yasiel Puig, etc. were dead bodies. Why? Because I'm not a tool, and I can appreciate how rare it is to be at the top.

never said you said these things directly. but you know very well those are the narratives here. anytime anything is brought up, the default answer by anyone not a GS fan is what I listed. you yourself just did it.

if being arrogant is your perception of my posts (sig) then fine I shall play the part.

have fun losing to GS for the next few years. the best part about that is Houston will be abused by GS well into that, good in the front but horrible on the back end contract that (always injured) CP3 signed. leaving that team with a sad cap future. left to toil in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

mightybosstone
07-30-2018, 03:59 PM
never said you said these things directly. but you know very well those are the narratives here. anytime anything is brought up, the default answer by anyone not a GS fan is what I listed. you yourself just did it.

if being arrogant is your perception of my posts (sig) then fine I shall play the part.

have fun losing to GS for the next few years. the best part about that is Houston will be abused by GS well into that, good in the front but horrible on the back end contract that (always injured) CP3 signed. leaving that team with a sad cap future. left to toil in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

:sigh: Never mind. You clearly missed the point entirely.

valade16
07-30-2018, 04:37 PM
pathetic!

please tell me more.

Now was that so hard? You just solved your own dilemma.

You can do whatever you want, but celebrating the Warriors running train on the league is kind of like bragging you won a game on Madden on rookie.

GREATNESS ONE
07-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Whatís up V!?

nastynice
07-30-2018, 05:58 PM

You can do whatever you want, but celebrating the Warriors running train on the league is kind of like bragging you won a game on Madden on rookie.

I think that's what makes it even that much more impressive. We've built a team SO good, it's like playing madden on easy.

If that's what people are saying today, I wonder what they'll be saying in 30 years

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 06:01 PM

Itís perfect how you likened the rest of the NBA as ďrookie modeĒ.

valade16
07-30-2018, 06:04 PM
I think that's what makes it even that much more impressive. We've built a team SO good, it's like playing madden on easy.

If that's what people are saying today, I wonder what they'll be saying in 30 years

They'll be saying this Dubs team is the best team to ever play.

Itís perfect how you likened the rest of the NBA as ďrookie modeĒ.

I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I won't be.

nastynice
07-30-2018, 06:20 PM

:hi5:

Still much to prove, let's see..

MygirlhatesCod
07-30-2018, 07:08 PM

I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I won't be.

They hate us cause they anus!

steamroller
07-30-2018, 09:23 PM
Their championships are anti-climactic. Or at least they seem to be? The warriors have already lost to the cave once. They very nearly lost G1 this past season. The rockets took them to a G7.

I often get the sense however that GS doesn't really play up to their full potential all of the time, not even in the playoffs. Didn't Klay openly admit one of the big 3 will take the night off if one of them goes off and carries them?

nastynice
07-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Their championships are anti-climactic. Or at least they seem to be? The warriors have already lost to the cave once. They very nearly lost G1 this past season. The rockets took them to a G7.

I often get the sense however that GS doesn't really play up to their full potential all of the time, not even in the playoffs. Didn't Klay openly admit one of the big 3 will take the night off if one of them goes off and carries them?

The quad stack

It's like taking 2 double stacks at a rave

I wonder if this is how the NBA felt during the 80's

Saddletramp
07-30-2018, 11:38 PM

Yeah, theyíre mentally weak. Donít know why you wouldnít go for the jugular every time out but then again, these snotty little millennials just want to team up for the easiest road possible.

nastynice
07-31-2018, 02:23 AM
Yeah, theyíre mentally weak. Donít know why you wouldnít go for the jugular every time out but then again, these snotty little millennials just want to team up for the easiest road possible.

Yea, 3peat Lakers were on n off like that too, remember?

MygirlhatesCod
07-31-2018, 08:27 AM

I picture you on your lawn shaking your fist at kids.