PDA

View Full Version : LeBron with these Lakers in WCF versus LeBron-Cavs in finals

LaVar Ball
07-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Do you guys feel LeBron has a better chance to dethrone GSW in the West (having played one less grueling round) with this Laker team as opposed to being a Cav with that supporting system and having to go thru 3 rounds.

Do you think the combo of rough riding veterans with young hungry players is a better supporting cast for Bron as opposed to the stand still shooting one dimensional vets he had in Cleveland?

mightybosstone
07-24-2018, 11:24 AM
No. The West is harder than the East, and there's no indication that this Lakers team on paper is going to be substantially better than the Cavs at this point (not saying they can't be, but it's pretty early to tell). But even if they are a little better, the West is just a much stronger conference than the East both at the top and in terms of the lower-seeded playoff teams.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm genuinely wondering what is going to happen in the West this year, there are better teams and worse teams but I don't think there are any teams starting the team tanking for the first time in a long time and all the teams have a chance to be pretty good ... except probably the Kings.

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 12:11 PM
Yes. Ingram-Kuzma-Lonzo is a better core than he had in Cleveland.

mightybosstone
07-24-2018, 12:14 PM

But you're only taking into account the talent on the Lakers roster, not the talent in the conference in general. Last season, the hardest team Cleveland had to face in the playoffs was a Boston team without its two best players. How many teams in the West are better than that Boston team on paper going into this season? 4? 5? I just don't think the conference is going to be much, much harder as a whole for Lebron to traverse in the playoffs than what he's been used to the last few years.

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 12:21 PM
But you're only taking into account the talent on the Lakers roster, not the talent in the conference in general. Last season, the hardest team Cleveland had to face in the playoffs was a Boston team without its two best players. How many teams in the West are better than that Boston team on paper going into this season? 4? 5? I just don't think the conference is going to be much, much harder as a whole for Lebron to traverse in the playoffs than what he's been used to the last few years.

who besides the Warriors and Houston on paper is better? I get what you are saying though. the comparison is premature and I doubt either the lakers or Cleveland could win against boston full strength let alone get through the west.

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 12:28 PM

Thank You. add in Hart too.

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 12:30 PM
We'll see you in the playoffs MBT, looking forward to watching Melo/Harden/JJ/PJ/GG trying to guard Lebron James

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 12:48 PM

who tf is he better than????

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 12:59 PM

The kid is actually pretty damn good, if you take off those hate shades. It's all good, I prefer to watch a lot of basketball around the league and appreciate the young talent coming up the rankings. Don't really care if you watch or not but I do watch every single Lakers game, Lonzo is much better than you think. We'll see what happens this year and see what youngsters around the league are ready to take the next step.

IKnowHoops
07-24-2018, 01:04 PM

Naw, just two

TakeYourL
07-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Bron with the lakers young dudes and their veteran misfits are WAY better than bron with last years Cleveland team.

Brons team last year was a abysmal, not one player on that roster I'd even want at any price. Bron will never get the respect he deserves for dragging that group of scrubs to the finals. I don't care how bad the east is, that team was one of the worst we have seen in the finals since Iverson dragged the sixers to the finals.

Jamiecballer
07-24-2018, 01:36 PM
I like these Lakers to win fewer games than last year in Cleveland but be very tough on golden state or Houston.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MannyWood
07-24-2018, 01:38 PM

Just the Warriors.

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 02:03 PM
The kid is actually pretty damn good, if you take off those hate shades. It's all good, I prefer to watch a lot of basketball around the league and appreciate the young talent coming up the rankings. Don't really care if you watch or not but I do watch every single Lakers game, Lonzo is much better than you think. We'll see what happens this year and see what youngsters around the league are ready to take the next step.

definitely not at shooting! you think bron is gonna be making cuts and wait to catch and shoot? he will be holding the ball and lonzo will be in the way.

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 02:09 PM
definitely not at shooting! you think bron is gonna be making cuts and wait to catch and shoot? he will be holding the ball and lonzo will be in the way.

lmao I can see this will get nowhere, so enjoy your day. We'll see what happens next year.

Hustla23
07-24-2018, 02:10 PM

Dude, who cares. OP is surmising that the WCF basically amounts to the Finals, which is true.

MannyWood
07-24-2018, 02:20 PM

Actually Lonzo is better in the open court as a PG. Lebron will be the initiator in the half court and Rondo. Ball is good at cutting to the hoop and as a secondary playmaker. Just needs to improve the shot, numbers were surprisingly good on catch and shoot attempts. Still needs to get to over 35% on 3s this season

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 02:29 PM
lmao I can see this will get nowhere, so enjoy your day. We'll see what happens next year.

I love your optimism. enjoy that playoff position battle with Minnesota and Denver.

mightybosstone
07-24-2018, 02:31 PM
who besides the Warriors and Houston on paper is better? I get what you are saying though. the comparison is premature and I doubt either the lakers or Cleveland could win against boston full strength let alone get through the west.

Naw, just two

Dude, who cares. OP is surmising that the WCF basically amounts to the Finals, which is true.

To clarify, I'm saying that there are 4-5 teams better than the Boston team that Cleveland faced last season without Hayward or Kyrie. I don't think there are 4-5 teams better than Boston with those two guys healthy.

But my point stands that top to bottom, the West is a superior conference with no "gimme" series like he might have gotten in the East. Last season there were nine teams with an SRS near 1.5 or higher in the West (New Orleans was the ninth team with an SRS at 1.49). In the East, there were only three times that hit that mark. Similarly, there were nine teams in the West with a point differential higher than 1.0, compared to only four in the East.

Even if the Lakers land a 3-4 seed this season, they'd still have to contend with the likes of Utah, Minnesota, Portland, OKC, Denver or New Orleans in the first round. You'd MUCH rather face the cellar dwellers in the East by comparison. And top of that, they'll likely have to beat either Houston or Golden State in the second round.

No matter how you look at it, his path to the title is much, much harder in the West than he's had it in the East in previous seasons.

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 02:43 PM

I thought that is what the OP is asking. Just one series against gsw. I like Lakers better than Cavs. My bad if im misinterpreting it.

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 02:44 PM

Jr smith

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 02:44 PM

Thank You. add in Hart too.

U like him more than Lonzo?

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 02:53 PM
U like him more than Lonzo?

Lakers first for me. I do like all these kids though, Lakers FO have had some excellent drafts.

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Actually Lonzo is better in the open court as a PG. Lebron will be the initiator in the half court and Rondo. Ball is good at cutting to the hoop and as a secondary playmaker. Just needs to improve the shot, numbers were surprisingly good on catch and shoot attempts. Still needs to get to over 35% on 3s this season

being under 50% on FT's is very telling. find anyone that started under 50% and made legit progress.

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Lakers first for me. I do like all these kids though, Lakers FO have had some excellent drafts.

hahahahaha.........you do know that the lakers have only drafted one all star player in like 20 years.

Chronz
07-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Yes. Facing them sooner is better especially if the talent is better. He then loses in the finals

Hawkeye15
07-24-2018, 04:57 PM
haven't read the thread, but it wouldn't happen anyways. The Lakers stand zero chance at making the finals this year, or last.

Vee-Rex
07-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Better than the 2017-18 Cavs? Probably.

Better than the 2014-16 Cavs with LeBron and Kyrie? Nope.

PowerHouse
07-24-2018, 07:04 PM
being under 50% on FT's is very telling. find anyone that started under 50% and made legit progress.

Karl Malone

Leftcoast_yg
07-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Haven't seen LAbron play with the Lakers yet so no one can answer that yet. Any response is only based on speculation and opinion. Wait for February or March than we will know better. It took the Lebron heat to get it going after 20 games they had a slow start just like all newly constructed teams. Gotta wait until March to see how good this team is.

Leftcoast_yg
07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Karl Malone

Nice find.

mightybosstone
07-24-2018, 08:22 PM
I thought that is what the OP is asking. Just one series against gsw. I like Lakers better than Cavs. My bad if im misinterpreting it.

It's possible I'm misinterpreting OP's question, but I took it as "Is Lebron more likely to get past the Warriors today than it was when he was in the East the last few seasons?" If that's the question, then my answer is "no," because I think he'll have to face a much tougher path in the West than he's faced in the East. But if the question is "If Lebron faces the Warriors in the playoffs, is he better equipped to beat the Warriors today than he was on Cleveland last season?" then I lean slightly toward "yes."

But it's really hard to say at this point. As mediocre as that Cavs team was last year, Lebron had played with those guys a long time, and he had some postseason veterans who knew their roles (for the most part). I just don't even know what this Lakers team is going to look like yet. I like some of the pieces, but it's really hard to tell how they're going to look as a whole.

MygirlhatesCod
07-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Karl Malone

Well done. I was looking more for a back court player. Something comparable to the same position.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Karl Malone

I thought of him right away but discounted him because including college he only had 1 year under 500 from the line (like Lonzo) and he shot a lot of FTs. So I fully expect Lonzo to improve, but there are several indicators that Lonzo may always struggle to shoot.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Curious how many losses before LeBron starts pointing fingers. Heck he pointed fingers back when he played for Miami. Once it goes sour LeBron will be playing GM and most the kids traded for win now vets.

ewing
07-25-2018, 10:23 AM
It goes 7 and I blame the supporting cast for the L in all games.