PDA

View Full Version : Which season was LBJ's person best?

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Statisically? Profesionally? Individually? How ever you want to frame it.

What was his best seasons? Make your case.

goingfor28
07-23-2018, 09:51 PM
3 years ago when Cleveland won it all imo, just bc of what the team accomplished.
His most dominant from a personal standpoint maybe this year or last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2018, 10:09 PM
For Lakers fans it's yet to happen and can actually elevate Lebron if he wins 1 for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Scoots
07-23-2018, 10:29 PM
His rookie year was his best because he could do no wrong and wasn't yet so passive aggressive. Saying that he did nickname himself "King James" that year I think.

Jeffy25
07-23-2018, 10:33 PM
win Cleveland won it all was his highest point.

He had his best regular season in probably 12-13? I dunno, so many are so close. His best playoff season either in 11-12 or this past year.

cmellofan15
07-23-2018, 11:15 PM
His rookie year was his best because he could do no wrong and wasn't yet so passive aggressive. Saying that he did nickname himself "King James" that year I think.

Lmao you hate him that much that you just make **** up about him? People have been calling him king since he was in HS

https://www.si.com/vault/2002/02/18/318739/ahead-of-his-class-ohio-high-school-junior-lebron-james-is-so-good-that-hes-already-being-mentioned-as-the-heir-to-air-jordan

So how does this work, can another mod infract for clearly baiting or you got immunity? :laugh2:

Scoots
07-24-2018, 12:22 AM
Lmao you hate him that much that you just make **** up about him? People have been calling him king since he was in HS

https://www.si.com/vault/2002/02/18/318739/ahead-of-his-class-ohio-high-school-junior-lebron-james-is-so-good-that-hes-already-being-mentioned-as-the-heir-to-air-jordan

So how does this work, can another mod infract for clearly baiting or you got immunity? :laugh2:

I wasn't baiting at all and I don't hate him either.

PowerHouse
07-24-2018, 01:05 AM
He had the most impressive playoff run in '16.

His best regular season was prolly 08-09 when his advanced stats were at an all-time peak. Best PER, WS, DWS, BPM and VORP.

nastynice
07-24-2018, 01:08 AM
2016 ring, no doubt about it.

As far what is peak lebron, who knows, **** is going on 8 years now

Chronz
07-24-2018, 01:58 AM

He prolly just forgot. But yeah he was labeled the king ever since high school. Either way his season was an odd choice.

IKnowHoops
07-24-2018, 03:38 AM
He had the most impressive playoff run in '16.

His best regular season was prolly 08-09 when his advanced stats were at an all-time peak. Best PER, WS, DWS, BPM and VORP.

Yeah 08/09, but he has gotten better every year. That was the last year in which he went 100% for an entire season, and he was in his physical prime.

Every year he gets better though. Every year in the playoffs is proof of that.

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 07:18 AM

Yeah pretty sure we all knew he didnt nickname himself that. He baits all the time. You just get used to him or ignore him.

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 07:20 AM
His most impressive season was obviously the ring in Cleveland. That is what will be everyone's first recollection of his career when he retires. But to me he was at his absolute most unstoppable in 2012/2013 when he switched to PF and the Heat dynasty was in full swing. He shot an absurd 56% from the field and 40% from 3pt that season.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 07:38 AM
I guess it was his rookie year that he god the King James tattoo, him giving himself that nickname supposedly happened a year or two earlier.

JasonJohnHorn
07-24-2018, 08:49 AM
He prolly just forgot. But yeah he was labeled the king ever since high school. Either way his season was an odd choice.

Yeah... with 'LBJ' as his initials, and being American, you'd think that he's be called 'The President'.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2018, 09:20 AM
His most impressive season was obviously the ring in Cleveland. That is what will be everyone's first recollection of his career when he retires. But to me he was at his absolute most unstoppable in 2012/2013 when he switched to PF and the Heat dynasty was in full swing. He shot an absurd 56% from the field and 40% from 3pt that season.

word for word my answer as well. His 08-09', and 12-13' regular seasons were probably his best. His 2014 playoff run was likely his best, and his Cleveland ring likely his greatest accomplishment.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Scoots been getting called out on his **** by everyone lately lol!

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 02:38 PM
Thereís never been a better version of LeBron than 2012-13 LeBron.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 03:16 PM
Scoots been getting called out on his **** by everyone lately lol!

Seems we've got some dupe accounts going after me for calling them out :)

Chronz
07-24-2018, 04:42 PM
I guess it was his rookie year that he god the King James tattoo, him giving himself that nickname supposedly happened a year or two earlier.
Well at least you augmented your flawed memory but what brought you to this conclusion? Have you ever heard the term king James before ever knowing of lebron

Chronz
07-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Yeah... with 'LBJ' as his initials, and being American, you'd think that he's be called 'The President'.

Given that america was built by Christian values and that LBJ was a mediocre president, I would think differently

Vee-Rex
07-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Depends. I think his 2016 playoff run might've been his best playoff run. The offensive numbers aren't 2017 or '18, but his defense in 2016 was legendary. The stats are literally dumbfounding. He shut dudes down from the 1st game of the playoffs to game 7 of a huge finals win in Oracle.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Well at least you augmented your flawed memory but what brought you to this conclusion? Have you ever heard the term king James before ever knowing of lebron

Yes, literally thousands of times.

JAZZNC
07-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Obviously it is nothing statistically compared to his other seasons but his rookie year was really amazing to me. He came right in and really dominated like no other 18yr old and to actually live up to the hype and then some was so impressive to me. And given that everybody wanted to go at the youngster and prove he wasn't worth the hype made it even more spectacular. We are all fortunate to have been able to watch this guy play.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 12:16 AM

Dude, that is some truly ignorant ******** and you know it. You know better than that...

IKnowHoops
07-25-2018, 12:36 AM
Thereís never been a better version of LeBron than 2012-13 LeBron.

There has never been a better performance than that Pistons game though. The most dominant close ever.

IKnowHoops
07-25-2018, 12:40 AM
Obviously it is nothing statistically compared to his other seasons but his rookie year was really amazing to me. He came right in and really dominated like no other 18yr old and to actually live up to the hype and then some was so impressive to me. And given that everybody wanted to go at the youngster and prove he wasn't worth the hype made it even more spectacular. We are all fortunate to have been able to watch this guy play.

Dude, heís almost another species heís so physically advanced over the very one else. Nobody is close to as thick as him while also being so lean. Heís got the super soldier dna

IKnowHoops
07-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Seems we've got some dupe accounts going after me for calling them out :)

As if youíre not JBís dupe mod account

Scoots
07-25-2018, 12:52 AM
Dude, that is some truly ignorant ******** and you know it. You know better than that...

Which part, that his rookie year was amazing? That he wasn't so passive aggressive (the trait of his I like least)? Or that he gave himself the nickname (it's what I remember hearing, and an internet search has it come up but nothing conclusive)?

So ... which part is ignorant?

steamroller
07-25-2018, 01:07 AM
Any season where he was juiced, which is just about all of 'em.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Which part, that his rookie year was amazing? That he wasn't so passive aggressive (the trait of his I like least)? Or that he gave himself the nickname (it's what I remember hearing, and an internet search has it come up but nothing conclusive)?

So ... which part is ignorant?

Pretty much all of it. First off, he's had that nickname since high school. Whether he gave it to himself or not, who cares? It's ****ing high school!

And are you really going to pick his rookie year? That's preposterous. He was complete **** that season. It's unquestionably his worst year by far, and there's not a single season of his career that's a close second.

You're just crapping on the guy for the hell of it. Are you trolling? Because I thought mods are supposed to be above that.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Any season where he was juiced, which is just about all of 'em.

my brother watched him play when he was just 16. Said he looked like a 24 year old man, 6'6", 215 lbs of pure muscle. The dude was born a freak.

Scoots
07-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Pretty much all of it. First off, he's had that nickname since high school. Whether he gave it to himself or not, who cares? It's ****ing high school!

And are you really going to pick his rookie year? That's preposterous. He was complete **** that season. It's unquestionably his worst year by far, and there's not a single season of his career that's a close second.

You're just crapping on the guy for the hell of it. Are you trolling? Because I thought mods are supposed to be above that.

I already acknowledged that the nickname was before his rookie year and that I was mistaken, it was just the tattoo that was from his rookie year.

I wasn't the only person who picked his rookie year.

I actually praised him, I just prefer the LeBron from his rookie year to the LeBron from other years.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 01:55 PM
I wasn't the only person who picked his rookie year.

I actually praised him, I just prefer the LeBron from his rookie year to the LeBron from other years.

But how is his rookie year his "best?' He was statistically inferior to every other season in his career, it was the only season his team every finished below .500 and one of only two where he didn't make the playoffs, and it was the only year he didn't make the All-Star game or an All-NBA team.

I can understand why someone might LIKE an athlete a little more his rookie season, but in no way, shape or form could you argue that Lebron's rookie year was his BEST. If likability is the sole factor by which we judge athletes in terms of their success, then I think the rookie seasons of Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Kawhi and every other star athlete of the last 20 years I didn't particularly care for were their best seasons. See how flawed that logic is?

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 02:45 PM
But how is his rookie year his "best?' He was statistically inferior to every other season in his career, it was the only season his team every finished below .500 and one of only two where he didn't make the playoffs, and it was the only year he didn't make the All-Star game or an All-NBA team.

I can understand why someone might LIKE an athlete a little more his rookie season, but in no way, shape or form could you argue that Lebron's rookie year was his BEST. If likability is the sole factor by which we just athletes in terms of their success, then I think the rookie seasons of Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Kawhi and every other star athlete of the last 20 years I didn't particularly care for were their best seasons. See how flawed that logic is?

Heís trolling you hard bro!

nastynice
07-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Dude, heís almost another species heís so physically advanced over the very one else. Nobody is close to as thick as him while also being so lean. Heís got the super soldier dna

Basically. He's like a 6'8 black version of me

Rivera
07-25-2018, 03:10 PM
last season was the most complete offensively Lebron played ever. There was 0 holes in his offensive game last season, he just didnt try on defense at all, even in the playoffs there were multiple times Lebron didnt get to the 3pt shooter or play on D

Scoots
07-25-2018, 06:40 PM

I can understand why someone might LIKE an athlete a little more his rookie season, but in no way, shape or form could you argue that Lebron's rookie year was his BEST. If likability is the sole factor by which we judge athletes in terms of their success, then I think the rookie seasons of Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Kawhi and every other star athlete of the last 20 years I didn't particularly care for were their best seasons. See how flawed that logic is?

Because I wasn't just thinking of statistics. His rookie year was his best year TO ME. He was the most touted high school player in my life, I watched him play on ESPN while still in high school, SI had a cover story of him and called him the chosen one, then he comes into the NBA and it was just a blast to watch him play. He was having fun. I loved watching MJ because it was clear he was having fun. LeBron stopped having so much fun and was so serious as his career went on, he was less fun to watch. No question he was better at basketball, just not better to watch to me.

The OP said however I wanted to frame it so I did. See how flawed your logic is?

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Because I wasn't just thinking of statistics. His rookie year was his best year TO ME. He was the most touted high school player in my life, I watched him play on ESPN while still in high school, SI had a cover story of him and called him the chosen one, then he comes into the NBA and it was just a blast to watch him play. He was having fun. I loved watching MJ because it was clear he was having fun. LeBron stopped having so much fun and was so serious as his career went on, he was less fun to watch. No question he was better at basketball, just not better to watch to me.

The OP said however I wanted to frame it so I did. See how flawed your logic is?

"Best" and "favorite" are not the same thing, dude. And OP clearly used the word "best" for this conversation. When he told people to frame it however they wanted to, I don't think that means he wanted people to answer a completely different question.

If someone asks you to name the best film ever, do you name your favorite? Or do you name the film you recognize to be the best based on whatever criteria you use to determine that? If it's the latter, then why would you treat this conversation any differently?

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 07:02 PM
For me, it's a tossup between 2012-13 and 2015-16. The 2012-13 year was probably the most statistically dominant season of his career. His scoring efficiency that season was unreal, and it was the 2nd championship of that Heat trio. That title was all the more impressive because that season marked the decline of Wade's career, and Lebron was doing so much more on his own that year.

He obviously wasn't as statistically dominant in 2015-16, but taking down the juggernaut of the Warriors to bring Cleveland its first championship in the better part of a century will probably go down as the single greatest accomplishment of his career. His postseason run that year was also ridiculous, although you could make the case that he was more dominant the last two postseasons.

My heart wants to lean toward the 2015-16 season, but my head leans toward 2012-13. That season, he also won MVP, Finals MVP and made All-Defensive 1st team. And prior to the start of the season, he won another Olympic gold medal in London. It's hard to top that, even with the Cavs championship. If I was picking favorite, though, it would either be the 2015-16 season or the 2006-07 year when he drug that terrible Cavs team to finals by beating the Pistons, which included that epic performance in Game 5.

Scoots
07-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Statisically? Profesionally? Individually? How ever you want to frame it.

What was his best seasons? Make your case.

"Best" and "favorite" are not the same thing, dude. And OP clearly used the word "best" for this conversation. When he told people to frame it however they wanted to, I don't think that means he wanted people to answer a completely different question.

If someone asks you to name the best film ever, do you name your favorite? Or do you name the film you recognize to be the best based on whatever criteria you use to determine that? If it's the latter, then why would you treat this conversation any differently?

What is the difference if I ask your opinion of the best local burger or your favorite local burger ... I suppose you could decide to frame "best" regardless of price and favorite with price in mind, but then isn't the best local burger with price in mind the same as your favorite? He literally gave options OTHER than statistics and said "however you want to frame it". I thought he was pretty explicit in saying I could answer the question any way I wanted, and to me, LeBron provided the best entertainment value in his rookie year.

If you want a thread with more strict rules feel free to create one, but to me the ones based on stats are really boring.

I think I'd go with Pulp Fiction for best film. There may be films that are more technically or artistically challenging, but Pulp Fiction was probably the best I've seen overall. If they asked and were going to take a kid with them I would probably go with Incredibles or Toy Story 3. Context matters.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 08:42 PM
What is the difference if I ask your opinion of the best local burger or your favorite local burger ... I suppose you could decide to frame "best" regardless of price and favorite with price in mind, but then isn't the best local burger with price in mind the same as your favorite?
I don't think that analogy works quite the same as the movie one does. When it comes to judging film or to judging athletes, there's a certain allowance for subjectivity, but there are also certain variables you can't simply ignore. If a movie is horribly acted or an athlete is a horrible shooter, you can't simply ignore those factors in favor of your own personal preferences.

But with food, you like what you like. I hate mushrooms, for example. If they so much as touch my lips, they make me gag. Even if you told me the best burger on the planet was across the street, I wouldn't even try it if you told me it had mushrooms on it. But I'll watch the Warriors play the game of basketball and can sit through a three-hour, slow-paced romantic period piece. I don't particularly care for either, but I can at least watch a great athlete or a great film and recognize its greatness despite my own personal feelings toward it.

I love Shane Battier and there are a ton of guilty pleasures in my film collection, but I'm not going to suddenly suggest that Battier is better historically than Kevin Durant or that "Mortal Kombat" is a better film than "Call Me By Your Name."

He literally gave options OTHER than statistics and said "however you want to frame it". I thought he was pretty explicit in saying I could answer the question any way I wanted, and to me, LeBron provided the best entertainment value in his rookie year.
It's an internet sports forum. You can say whatever the hell you want. That doesn't make it right. :shrug:

If you want a thread with more strict rules feel free to create one, but to me the ones based on stats are really boring.
I don't think it has to be just stats based, though. In my answer, I mentioned the Olympics, the significance of both of those championships and the context behind them, etc. It goes beyond just the numbers. But I think there's a very clear difference between "best" and "favorite." And I think if you're being honest, you'd recognize that there's no real empirical justification for Lebron's rookie season as his "best."

I think I'd go with Pulp Fiction for best film. There may be films that are more technically or artistically challenging, but Pulp Fiction was probably the best I've seen overall. If they asked and were going to take a kid with them I would probably go with Incredibles or Toy Story 3. Context matters.
Yeah, but I didn't ask you "best film to see with your kids." I asked "best film." "Pulp Fiction's" not a bad pick, btw. I can respect that. I can't respect Lebron James' rookie season as his best.

Scoots
07-25-2018, 08:57 PM
I don't think that analogy works quite the same as the movie one does. When it comes to judging film or to judging athletes, there's a certain allowance for subjectivity, but there are also certain variables you can't simply ignore. If a movie is horribly acted or an athlete is a horrible shooter, you can't simply ignore those factors in favor of your own personal preferences.

But with food, you like what you like. I hate mushrooms, for example. If they so much as touch my lips, they make me gag. Even if you told me the best burger on the planet was across the street, I wouldn't even try it if you told me it had mushrooms on it. But I'll watch the Warriors play the game of basketball and can sit through a three-hour, slow-paced romantic period piece. I don't particularly care for either, but I can at least watch a great athlete or a great film and recognize its greatness despite my own personal feelings toward it.

I love Shane Battier and there are a ton of guilty pleasures in my film collection, but I'm not going to suddenly suggest that Battier is better historically than Kevin Durant or that "Mortal Kombat" is a better film than "Call Me By Your Name."

It's an internet sports forum. You can say whatever the hell you want. That doesn't make it right. :shrug:

I don't think it has to be just stats based, though. In my answer, I mentioned the Olympics, the significance of both of those championships and the context behind them, etc. It goes beyond just the numbers. But I think there's a very clear difference between "best" and "favorite." And I think if you're being honest, you'd recognize that there's no real empirical justification for Lebron's rookie season as his "best."

Yeah, but I didn't ask you "best film to see with your kids." I asked "best film." "Pulp Fiction's" not a bad pick, btw. I can respect that. I can't respect Lebron James' rookie season as his best.

Why do you get to set the rules rather than the OP? It's not your thread.

My point was "best" is not definitive where subjectivity is part of the discussion. I picked my best by my rules and justified it which is what the OP asked for.

On films, I really love Wages of Fear but I'm more likely to watch Supertroopers or hong kong flicks than Citizen Kane or Godfather so I've learned my tastes often don't match up with others.

If the OP was "What season of LeBron's provided you with the best entertainment?" would you be able to accept my answer?

Chronz
07-25-2018, 09:03 PM
Yes, literally thousands of times.

You skipped a question. Maybe you forgot whilst responding cuz nothing u said adds up

Scoots
07-25-2018, 10:49 PM
You skipped a question. Maybe you forgot whilst responding cuz nothing u said adds up

I answered it in a different post.

ewing
07-25-2018, 11:11 PM

He nicknamed himself that in HS. Even had king James t-shirts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
07-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Yeah pretty sure we all knew he didnt nickname himself that. He baits all the time. You just get used to him or ignore him.

I saw the dude giving out King James t-shirts at ABCD basketball camp while in HS. He also did that chalk BS and the witness BS followed soon after. He made a mistake but his point wasnít far off. James is an obnoxious ****

Bostonjorge
07-25-2018, 11:27 PM
This past year because of his playoff run. He become a assassin in the clutch and dropped 50+ on GS until Jr Smith threw water all over him a put out his fire.

This year will be his best playoff year. James is automatic in May.

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:10 AM
I answered it in a different post.

Which one? All I see is someone whos already admitted a faulty memory on the subject augment his originally flawed position. So again I ask you, how'd you come to that conclusion?

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:12 AM
I saw the dude giving out King James t-shirts at ABCD basketball camp while in HS. He also did that chalk BS and the witness BS followed soon after. He made a mistake but his point wasnít far off. James is an obnoxious ****

His point and urs are subjective, nobody gives a **** about that. Now, can you prove the other, more objective claims you are making....

Chronz
07-26-2018, 12:45 AM
I think you guys overrate how good bron was as a rook. He was basically tyreke Evans

ewing
07-26-2018, 07:12 AM
His point and urs are subjective, nobody gives a **** about that. Now, can you prove the other, more objective claims you are making....

Iím right thatís not subjective

Scoots
07-26-2018, 10:28 AM
He nicknamed himself that in HS. Even had king James t-shirts

Yeah, I found that out and that he got his king james tattoo his rookie year, and in my head I conflated the two.