PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any idea of what Phoenix is planning on running this season?

FOXHOUND
07-23-2018, 04:33 PM
I can't be the only one who finds them to be one of the most intriguing teams this season, can I? Not for winning reasons, of course, but what the hell kind of lineups are we going to see from Phoenix this year?

Roster
PG Brandon Knight
PG Elie Okobo

SG Devin Booker
SG Troy Daniels
SG Davon Reed

SF Josh Jackson
SF Trevor Ariza
SF TJ Warren
SF Mikal Bridges

PF Darrell Arthur
PF Dragan Bender
PF Marquese Chriss
PF Richaun Holmes

C DeAndre Ayton
C Tyson Chandler

I put the players who I think are a lock to start in bold...

Who is starting at PG? How often will there be no PG lineups on the court? How the hell are they going to get minutes for all four SFs? Why didn't they make any other trades?

c.c.
07-23-2018, 05:31 PM
I been wondering the same thing since they snatched Ariza away from us with that ridiculous deal just to come off their bench.

Scoots
07-23-2018, 06:05 PM
I was wondering too. I was quickly told that at least one of the SFs would be traded ... but nothing. Then add that they've got a couple high draft pick PFs so they add two more?

Kokoskov is a very smart coach and will likely be running something pace and spacey, and he might use the deep roster to up the pace and keep everybody involved.

Rivera
07-23-2018, 06:13 PM
just taking the roster from the OP, I expect these guys to get minutes

PG Brandon Knight/SG Devin Booker/SF Josh Jackson/SF Trevor Ariza/SF TJ Warren/SF Mikal Bridges/C DeAndre Ayton/PF Marquese Chriss

thats 8 players with regular PT imo (im higher on Bridges being a real good pro prospect probably more than others, he has a role in todays NBA), and I can see Holmes getting run as the backup C (which means 9 deep)

The team doesnt have another backup PG, im guessing, you may see an experiment with Booker playing backup PG minutes

Ariza/Arthur/Tyson are there to provide veteran leadership to the young players and give them guidance and direction

I expect Ariza to be traded mid season

PG Brandon Knight
PG Elie Okobo

SG Devin Booker
SG Troy Daniels
SG Davon Reed

SF Josh Jackson
SF Trevor Ariza
SF TJ Warren
SF Mikal Bridges

PF Darrell Arthur
PF Dragan Bender
PF Marquese Chriss
PF Richaun Holmes

C DeAndre Ayton

ewing
07-23-2018, 07:42 PM
I find it interesting that Brandon Knight is still around. Always liked him and feel like Phx is kind of a purgatory for a guy like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOXHOUND
07-23-2018, 07:48 PM
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2018/07/05/phoenix-suns-nba-brandon-knight-las-vegas-igor-kokoskov/760091002/

Here's a recent article about Brandon Knight, who hasn't played since February 15th of 2017. It sounds like he'll actually be playing this year and should be starting, so there's one less question.

Knight-Okobo
Booker-Bridges
Jackson-Ariza
Warren-Uhhh Bender... Chriss?
Ayton-Chandler

Does this make sense? A trade has to be coming, right? WHAT IS THIS :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2018, 08:49 PM
What's up Fox, nice to see you back

Scoots
07-23-2018, 08:50 PM
just taking the roster from the OP, I expect these guys to get minutes

PG Brandon Knight/SG Devin Booker/SF Josh Jackson/SF Trevor Ariza/SF TJ Warren/SF Mikal Bridges/C DeAndre Ayton/PF Marquese Chriss

thats 8 players with regular PT imo (im higher on Bridges being a real good pro prospect probably more than others, he has a role in todays NBA), and I can see Holmes getting run as the backup C (which means 9 deep)

The team doesnt have another backup PG, im guessing, you may see an experiment with Booker playing backup PG minutes

Ariza/Arthur/Tyson are there to provide veteran leadership to the young players and give them guidance and direction

I expect Ariza to be traded mid season

PG Brandon Knight
PG Elie Okobo

SG Devin Booker
SG Troy Daniels
SG Davon Reed

SF Josh Jackson
SF Trevor Ariza
SF TJ Warren
SF Mikal Bridges

PF Darrell Arthur
PF Dragan Bender
PF Marquese Chriss
PF Richaun Holmes

C DeAndre Ayton

I really like Elie Okobo, I expect him to get minutes.

Rivera
07-24-2018, 10:00 AM

ive honestly never heard of him, so i wouldnt have no idea but if thats the case thats 10 deep with

Jackson/Warren getting primary run as the small ball 4

we just cracked the code to what phoenix is planning this season

crewfan13
07-24-2018, 10:10 AM

I was surprised he fell to the 2nd. I really liked him as well and actually was pulling for him at 17.

That being said, banking on him being the primary backup to an oft injured pg is an interesting choice. Knight is interesting as well. He was really good for the bucks in his relatively short time here. That being said, heís more of a combo scoring guard than a pg. He gets tunnel vision sometimes. Heís a decent passer, but the tunnel vision limits him at times. I know Phoenix isnít planning on really being that great, but Knight is a much better fit as a 6th man, leader of the bench mob type of guy than a starting pg.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 12:11 PM
I was surprised he fell to the 2nd. I really liked him as well and actually was pulling for him at 17.

That being said, banking on him being the primary backup to an oft injured pg is an interesting choice. Knight is interesting as well. He was really good for the bucks in his relatively short time here. That being said, heís more of a combo scoring guard than a pg. He gets tunnel vision sometimes. Heís a decent passer, but the tunnel vision limits him at times. I know Phoenix isnít planning on really being that great, but Knight is a much better fit as a 6th man, leader of the bench mob type of guy than a starting pg.

I think they are going to rely on the idea that ball movement is contagious and they will all move the ball.

FOXHOUND
07-24-2018, 09:21 PM
What's up Fox, nice to see you back

What up GO! Thanks, I pop back in here and there haha.

FOXHOUND
07-24-2018, 09:22 PM
ive honestly never heard of him, so i wouldnt have no idea but if thats the case thats 10 deep with

Jackson/Warren getting primary run as the small ball 4

we just cracked the code to what phoenix is planning this season

Seems like it, but it still seems like there's an extra body or two... or three too many haha.

steamroller
07-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Believe it or not, the Suns front office actually believes booker and Dayton are the next Kobe and Shaq. I wish I were making this stuff up.

JOSKOMANG4
07-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Current roster, I see Booker being the primary ball handler, Jackson playing SG, and having TJ Warren start at the 3.

I had a discussion with my co worker.. thoughts about George Hill, Kyle Korver, and future 1st to PHX for Tyson Chandler & TJ Warren.

CLE: Chandler/Love/Warren/Hood/Sexton
B: TT, Nance, Osman, JR, Clarkson.
O: Preston, Zizic,

PHX:

C: Ayton/Holmes
PF: Bender/Criss
SF: Jackson/Ariza/Bridges
SG: Booker/Korver/Daniels
PG: Hill/Knight/Okobo

Hill and Korver will most likely not be retained after this season.. thus creating over 25+ million in cap space.

YAALREADYKNO
07-25-2018, 12:18 PM
7 seconds or less

sixer04fan
07-27-2018, 10:44 AM
The versatility they have at SF is great. They can always play 2-3 of those guys together at the same time, playing off the ball and stretching the floor offensively, and defensively switching on guarding the perimeter shooters and PFs.

Itís definitely a little redundant and a little bit of overkill. They donít need all 4 guys, but it will work.

I think the patience with Bender and Chriss has worn thin. The 4 versatile SFs will beat them out on the depth chart for the PF-spot. Youíll see Bender/Chriss mostly relegated to back-up center and some back-up PF.

WhiteShadow42
07-29-2018, 11:48 PM
My guess is that they are planning on tanking another year and then pick a PG to help run the offense. Donít know much about Okobo.

colinskik
07-30-2018, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=Rivera;32471224]

Ariza/Arthur/Tyson are there to provide veteran leadership to the young players and give them guidance and direction.

I expect Ariza to be traded mid season /QUOTE]

Ariza was their main FA signing and was brought in for his championship caliber and veteran leadership, as you said. So why exactly are they trading him mid season?

PHX is looking to grow their core and they're betting on Ariza more so than Chandler and Arthur to show them the ropes. Heís going to start...especially cause JJ has a long way to go with his shot. He really looked underwhelming in SL.

Also, Okobo is legit and showed real promise overseas. We all should know by now that Knight will be injured by December. And if he isnít, as PHX is praying, then I predict he and Okobo will virtually be splitting mins by seasonís end.

Jeffy25
07-30-2018, 04:12 AM
I was wondering too. I was quickly told that at least one of the SFs would be traded ... but nothing. Then add that they've got a couple high draft pick PFs so they add two more?

Kokoskov is a very smart coach and will likely be running something pace and spacey, and he might use the deep roster to up the pace and keep everybody involved.

I can see Booker being their defactor PG, and running a lineup of

Booker
Jackson
Ariza
Chriss
Ayton

All-In
07-30-2018, 04:25 AM
I can see Booker being their defactor PG, and running a lineup of

Booker
Jackson
Ariza
Chriss
Ayton

Yea, I can see Knight starting but Booker finishing games at point guard....I also like Davon Reed too, he was hurt for most of last season but has prototypical 3-and-D off-guard potential like a Danny Green...I can see Booker, Reed, Jackson, Ariza, Ayton being a versatile crunch time lineup

JohnDee
07-30-2018, 04:40 AM
DeAndre Ayton is with them now so I'm thinking that they will make Devin Booker more stronger along with Chandler.

kobe4thewinbang
07-30-2018, 04:56 PM
They're definitely starting to get a vision going, I think...?

Hard to say. Could be a trainwreck.

Not too farfetched to think Booker/Ayton could be the next Kobe/Shaq. At least in structure.