PDA

View Full Version : Could Dwyane Wade be heading to China..?

cmellofan15
07-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Xinjiang Flying Tigers plan on offering a ďmonsterĒ contract to Wade, but no word on any actual numbers..

Do you think this is in the realm of possibility for Wade?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article215288305.html

Jamiecballer
07-21-2018, 03:20 PM
He seems like a good candidate for this kind of thing. There are very few guys who have peaked that early and that high and then continue to hang around forever. Being a megastar has got to be better than watching him fade into oblivion over 10 years

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

beasted86
07-21-2018, 05:00 PM
A "monster" contract would be like $10M for one season which would probably bankrupt the team.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Only if he values the game over his quality of life. He's got kids and a wife who wants him around with his kids and I doubt money is a reason to do much of anything for him.

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2018, 05:42 PM
I remember when Wade03 said he had a lot left in the tank. Dude bout to play in China :laugh2:

c.c.
07-21-2018, 06:01 PM
I remember when Wade03 said he had a lot left in the tank. Dude bout to play in China :laugh2:

Wade03 is gonna be so mad when he see this comment lol

Scoots
07-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Wade03 is gonna be so mad when he see this comment lol

When the real Dwyane retires what is Wade03 going to change his name to? Harden18?

TylerSL
07-21-2018, 06:54 PM
He's not going to China, he'll re sign in Miami for the mid level ($5.4 million). Wade is still a very good player as his production proved last year (averaging 18 pts, 6 rbs, 5 asts per 36 minutes), it's just he can't physically go 35-40 minutes a night anymore. He need to be playing around 25 minutes per game to stay fresh. So he can obviously still play but he is getting near the end. That doesn't mean the end is now though.

I don't believe for a second he won't be back next year because if I wanted to call it a career he would have already, I think he wasn't sure if Miami would want him back for anything other than the minimum, which he probably would not accept. I say he has two more years left, and will sign a 2 year deal for the mid level. In two years his son will graduate high school.

c.c.
07-21-2018, 11:27 PM
When the real Dwyane retires what is Wade03 going to change his name to? Harden18?

I donít think heís an Harden fan though, I could be wrong though.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 11:44 PM
I donít think heís an Harden fan though, I could be wrong though.

DeRozan?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Wade,Carter,Jet,Dirk should all retire.

More-Than-Most
07-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Wade,Carter,Jet,Dirk should all retire.

melo/rose as well. Wade has been trash along with the rest of them.

jaydubb
07-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Monster contract? Lol.. I doubt they offer much more than the heat, if even that..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KnicksorBust
07-22-2018, 10:13 AM
If Marbury can become a superstar in China then I can only imagine what Wade would do.

cmellofan15
07-22-2018, 11:05 AM
I fully believe their ability to offer a huge contract...the owner of the team is as rich as Jerry Jones.

But idk what number you have to throw at him to make him consider moving to China.

c.c.
07-22-2018, 11:14 AM
If Marbury can become a superstar in China then I can only imagine what Wade would do.

True

Hawkeye15
07-23-2018, 10:11 AM
why would he do that? His wife is an actress here in the US (albeit not a busy one), his 3 kids are stateside, and he has all the money in the world. I can't see any reason he would go to China.

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2018, 10:44 AM
I fully believe their ability to offer a huge contract...the owner of the team is as rich as Jerry Jones.

But idk what number you have to throw at him to make him consider moving to China.

20million.

mightybosstone
07-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I don't see it. According to BR, Wade has made nearly $180 million in his career so far. If he leaves the NBA, I've got to think it will be for retirement, especially given his injury history. If he wants to keep making money, there are a ton of ways for him to do that, and he's made enough connections that he should be able to bring a few million a year even after his playing days are over.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:38 AM
He wonít do it, heís not going to leave his family and be that far away. He clearly has some left in the tank. Scoots a natural troll now.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:39 AM

Dude couldíve retired 4 years ago and still have more rings than the Knicks lmao!

Scoots
07-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Dude couldíve retired 4 years ago and still have more rings than the Knicks lmao!

Knicks have 2 titles, 15 players per team, say the owner, coach and a few others get rings ... the Knicks have probably 40+ rings.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Knicks have 2 titles, 15 players per team, say the owner, coach and a few others get rings ... the Knicks have probably 40+ rings.

As a mod we expect better from you. Some of these kids look up to you and want to be you when they get older but here you are trolling away again. Think about what type of example youíre setting for the next PSD generation and then ask yourself if thatís who you really want to be.

RowBTrice
07-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Dwayne should go to China. He's a better fit for that league than the NBA now. Old and washed up.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 11:47 AM
As a mod we expect better from you. Some of these kids look up to you and want to be you when they get older but here you are trolling away again. Think about what type of example youíre setting for the next PSD generation and then ask yourself if thatís who you really want to be.

Just to clarify, you trolled poorly, I jokingly pointed it out and now you are acting upset? LOL.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 12:14 PM
Just to clarify, you trolled poorly, I jokingly pointed it out and now you are acting upset? LOL.

Upset lmao? I was messing with you like you were me. If you think I would let an Internet forum get me upset and effect me in any real way Idk what to tell you.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Upset lmao? I was messing with you like you were me. If you think I would let an Internet forum get me upset and effect me in any real way Idk what to tell you.

LOL okay. Just to be clear I didn't say you WERE upset but that you were ACTING upset.

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 03:12 PM
20million.

*25million

KnicksorBust
07-24-2018, 04:00 PM
3 years $25 mil. He signed a lifetime pact with an apparel company called Li Ning and could probably sell insane merch in China while becoming an MVP caliber player again. Very tempting if you still want to play basketball and feel like a star.

SfgiantsJD3
07-24-2018, 04:43 PM
snipped
Think about what type of example youíre setting for the next PSD generation and then ask yourself if thatís who you really want to be.

If they don't update the software this generation will be the last

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 04:59 PM
LOL okay. Just to be clear I didn't say you WERE upset but that you were ACTING upset.

Well now I am upset!

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 05:00 PM
If they don't update the software this generation will be the last

True lol

Vee-Rex
07-24-2018, 05:27 PM

I look up to Scoots but his behavior lately is setting a bad precedent for me. I'm probably gonna end up a criminal when I grow up just because of him.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 05:34 PM
I look up to Scoots but his behavior lately is setting a bad precedent for me. I'm probably gonna end up a criminal when I grow up just because of him.

Itís what Iíve been trying to get through his thick skull. He doesnít realize how his actions effect some of you!

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2018, 06:55 PM

Nice try trolling, still doesnít change the fact heís finished and his only way to keep playing is moving to China lol

steamroller
07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Yeah, Wade is done. His TS% is 46%. He can't even be an effective bench player anymore.

$25 mil, if it's legit and guaranteed (never a sure thing with overseas leagues, esp. the Chinese) that's a ton of money at this stage of his career (hint: his career is over).

I've said this many times: around age 35, ball dominant players in particular, NBA players ability to contribute drops precipitously. Look at Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, literally every last player in the NBA who fits this description (ball dominant guard/swing). The evidence is overwhelming and unambiguous.

jaydubb
07-24-2018, 07:45 PM
3/25mill.. Not exactly a "monster contract" but it could be more than the heat are willing to offer at this point. This could be a very good business decision for him after signing that lifetime Chinese apparel deal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Not many teams left with any money for possible playoff teams. Most likely he has to accept BAE or vet minimum at this point. Head west? Rockets? Warriors? Lakers? Thunder? Stay in the east? Stays in Miami one more year? 76ers? Bucks? Raptors?

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Nice try trolling, still doesnít change the fact heís finished and his only way to keep playing is moving to China lol

His role on the Cavs last year showed different. His play in the playoffs did as well but I understand how this isnít far over that tiny brain.

TheDish87
07-25-2018, 10:40 AM
i think he owes it to all his Chinese fans to play over there. they spend all that money on his Li-Ning sneakers i think its the least he could do to show his appreciation. Plus its this or retire.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2018, 11:00 AM
His role on the Cavs last year showed different. His play in the playoffs did as well but I understand how this isnít far over that tiny brain.

Yet the Cavs got rid of him and the Heat didnít even attempt to bring him back....

Sooooo

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Yet the Cavs got rid of him and the Heat didnít even attempt to bring him back....

Sooooo

Yea soooooo like I said itís definitely over that little brain. The Cavs were going to try a youth movement and told Wade his minutes may be reduced and he didnít want that so they talked and both sides decided to trade him to Miami. We all saw how that ďyouth movementĒ worked out when LeBron was saying he wondered how different things in the finals wouldíve been if they had Wade, who was their 2nd or 3rd best/most impactful player last year and led a bench that was near the top of the league.

As for Miami, what do you mean they didnít bring him back? Wade has been in China and said heíll make a decision when he comes back. Miami doesnít have cap space and have offered every exception they have to Wade and told him to make his choice between them. Donít spout off a bunch of nonsense if you donít know what youíre talking about.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 11:27 AM

Not going to China and not retiring. Currently working out in LA.

Miami, LA, or Houston is who it will be.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Yea soooooo like I said itís definitely over that little brain. The Cavs were going to try a youth movement and told Wade his minutes may be reduced and he didnít want that so they talked and both sides decided to trade him to Miami. We all saw how that ďyouth movementĒ worked out when LeBron was saying he wondered how different things in the finals wouldíve been if they had Wade, who was their 2nd or 3rd best/most impactful player last year and led a bench that was near the top of the league.

As for Miami, what do you mean they didnít bring him back? Wade has been in China and said heíll make a decision when he comes back. Miami doesnít have cap space and have offered every exception they have to Wade and told him to make his choice between them. Donít spout off a bunch of nonsense if you donít know what youíre talking about.

The Cavs got rid of him mid season when they were struggling and played better AFTER he was traded. He BFF (James) wanted him gone

Heat do have cap space but he isnít worth nothing more than a mini level. Teams arenít lining up to sign sign him. Hou already sign Melo, they donít need Wade. But nice try, he should go to China, play with the other washed up NBA stars!

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 01:28 PM
The Cavs got rid of him mid season when they were struggling and played better AFTER he was traded. He BFF (James) wanted him gone

Heat do have cap space but he isnít worth nothing more than a mini level. Teams arenít lining up to sign sign him. Hou already sign Melo, they donít need Wade. But nice try, he should go to China, play with the other washed up NBA stars!

Your first statement is wrong and so is your 2nd lmao!! The Heat only have exceptions, they told Wade he can have whichever one he wants if he wants to return. Melo and Wade play the same position? Just stop, youíre making yourself look bad spouting off false ****.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Wade is done. His TS% is 46%. He can't even be an effective bench player anymore.

$25 mil, if it's legit and guaranteed (never a sure thing with overseas leagues, esp. the Chinese) that's a ton of money at this stage of his career (hint: his career is over).

I've said this many times: around age 35, ball dominant players in particular, NBA players ability to contribute drops precipitously. Look at Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, literally every last player in the NBA who fits this description (ball dominant guard/swing). The evidence is overwhelming and unambiguous.

guys who can play at 35 are usually those who didn't rely on athleticism to succeed, as Wade did. Wouldn't hurt if he would have EVER developed a 3 point shot either...

Anyone who didn't think Wade would decline the moment he hit 30 doesn't really follow him I guess. It actually happened sooner than I expected, starting in 2012.

steamroller
07-25-2018, 02:47 PM
guys who can play at 35 are usually those who didn't rely on athleticism to succeed, as Wade did. Wouldn't hurt if he would have EVER developed a 3 point shot either...

Anyone who didn't think Wade would decline the moment he hit 30 doesn't really follow him I guess. It actually happened sooner than I expected, starting in 2012.

That's why I expect Lebron and CP3 to fall off after a couple more seasons. They'll still be good players, but they'll be exiting their primes for sure.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 02:58 PM
That's why I expect Lebron and CP3 to fall off after a couple more seasons. They'll still be good players, but they'll be exiting their primes for sure.

As long as they donít have chronic knee issues from having a meniscus removed like Wade did they should be fine.

RowBTrice
07-25-2018, 03:21 PM

I don't get your point. Are you just trying to spin it to defend Wade no matter what the evidence is? So you're saying Wade was still really good, but the Cavs didn't want really good old players, they wanted to completely try going with a youth movement (except for, say, bron, jr smith, tristan, korver, etc etc......) Right, ok.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't get your point. Are you just trying to spin it to defend Wade no matter what the evidence is? So you're saying Wade was still really good, but the Cavs didn't want really good old players, they wanted to completely try going with a youth movement (except for, say, bron, jr smith, tristan, korver, etc etc......) Right, ok.

You can ask every Cavs fan and theyíll tell you wade was great for them and excelled in his role.

I know youíre upset and LeBron and Wade destroyed the Bulls for so long and now people are comparing LeBron to Jordan but I promise you itís going to be ok.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2018, 06:38 PM

:laugh2: thatís why I stopped, I couldnít take him seriously anymore

More-Than-Most
07-25-2018, 09:01 PM
You can ask every Cavs fan and theyíll tell you wade was great for them and excelled in his role.

I know youíre upset and LeBron and Wade destroyed the Bulls for so long and now people are comparing LeBron to Jordan but I promise you itís going to be ok.

wade is trash... he is done. Its that simple.

zadora5
07-26-2018, 12:51 AM
Uh no he's not, it's that simple. ^

Chronz
07-26-2018, 02:13 AM
As long as they donít have chronic knee issues from having a meniscus removed like Wade did they should be fine.

Cp3 already had his career altering injury into his prime days. Hes adjusted

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 10:57 AM
wade is trash... he is done. Its that simple.

You havenít been right any time youíve said this. If you all had Wade last year you probably make it by the Celtics instead of folding in the clutch. Your takes on basketball are trash, itís that simple.

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 10:59 AM
:laugh2: thatís why I stopped, I couldnít take him seriously anymore

Nah be honest. You stopped because you had absolutely no clue what you were talking about and weíre spouting off a bunch of false nonsense like Miami doesnt want Wade back lol. You donít have to lie to kick it man, itís ok to not know **** on certain topics but man up to it.

WaDe03
07-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Cp3 already had his career altering injury into his prime days. Hes adjusted

What was that?