PDA

View Full Version : Beasley to the Lakers!!!!!

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 06:38 PM
He gets another chance

LOb0
07-20-2018, 06:48 PM
This completes the dumbest string of signings I've ever seen.

Last seasons Cavs >>> This seasons Lakers.

They should pick up Metta World Peace again and see what Latrell Sprewell is doing.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 06:50 PM
LeBron can no longer win the team 1 on 1 tournament.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:13 PM
this is a damn good move.... why do you guys hate this move? Is this a different beasley?

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:14 PM
he is better than melo thats for damn sure. As long as he doesnt do dumb **** and just ball this is a great pickup.

LOb0
07-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Lakers GM: This team is designed to combat Warriors.

Well this just puts them over the top.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Lakers GM: This team is designed to combat Warriors.

Well this just puts them over the top.

tell me why this is a bad signing?

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
I am really trying to figure out why adding a guy who put up 13/6 on 50 pct shooting and 40 percent from 3 on a 1 year 3.5 million dollar deal is bad. He checks all the markers they need :shrug:

Scoots
07-20-2018, 07:34 PM
I am really trying to figure out why adding a guy who put up 13/6 on 50 pct shooting and 40 percent from 3 on a 1 year 3.5 million dollar deal is bad. He checks all the markers they need :shrug:

I don't think it's a bad signing at all ... I do wonder about LeBron saying he wanted high IQ guys then signing several of the guys they got.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:38 PM
I don't think it's a bad signing at all ... I do wonder about LeBron saying he wanted high IQ guys then signing several of the guys they got.

i hate some of their signings as well but they are going the route of just trying to stop the warriors... think of something like what the pistons... Nobody thought the pistons could be the lakers but they got physical and defended... For some odd reason every team has tried to run with the warriors instead of playing against them... you cant outscore or run with the warriors... the lakers did the smart thing though again i do hate some of their signings because some of their guys are horrid shooters and stupid players... this signing though is a good one.

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 07:46 PM

He shoots so few threes his % is just noise. He's got a bad rep and turns the ball over a ton, but he's not a bad signing at all. In a situation he won't be asked to iso create, he could have a really good year.

PAOboston
07-20-2018, 07:50 PM
If any other team had made the signings the Lakers have made this FA period (outside of Lebron), they'd be the laughing stock of the league.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

TrustJoseph
07-20-2018, 07:51 PM
i hate some of their signings as well but they are going the route of just trying to stop the warriors... think of something like what the pistons... Nobody thought the pistons could be the lakers but they got physical and defended... For some odd reason every team has tried to run with the warriors instead of playing against them... you cant outscore or run with the warriors... the lakers did the smart thing though again i do hate some of their signings because some of their guys are horrid shooters and stupid players... this signing though is a good one.

Yeah okay pistons vs Lakers..... Pistons were the best team in the east dude, the Lakers aint nowhere near that detroit team and they arent nowhere near the warriors..... I don't even know why this thread is a thread.

More-Than-Most
He shoots so few threes his % is just noise. He's got a bad rep and turns the ball over a ton, but he's not a bad signing at all. In a situation he won't be asked to iso create, he could have a really good year.

Yea his big downside is turnovers/fouls really

IKnowHoops
Lonzo
Ingram
Bron
Kuzma
Beasley

Rhondo
Hart
MCP
Lance
McGee

😱

TrustJoseph
If any other team had made the signings the Lakers have made this FA period (outside of Lebron), they'd be the laughing stock of the league.

Stop speaking facts though.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Yeah okay pistons vs Lakers..... Pistons were the best team in the east dude, the Lakers aint nowhere near that detroit team and they arent nowhere near the warriors..... I don't even know why this thread is a thread.

being the best team in the east meant nothing that year just stop... when did i ever say they were on/near the warriors level? I said their route is the smart route to take... if you want any shot at beating a healthy warriors team you better have depth and be able to defend and the lakers fit that criteria. They arent a top 4 team in the west to me but again defense is the deciding factor for how far they go.

Also I love people that come into a thread/post and wonder why this is even a thread or worthy of a topic after posting about said topic.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 07:55 PM
I can see people hating just because itís the Lakers

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:55 PM

except this is uncharted waters because what other team besides the heat in recent memory have signed a lebron? I will wait. Its like people just see a team they hate and cant help but post something with nothing of substance.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 07:57 PM

and thats understandable... yankees/cowboys/redsox... when you are that popular and win you become hated... it comes with the territory... i hate most of these teams as well but at least understand the sport/players before posting etc and try to make points without talking out of your ***.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Itís a thread because it happened. Man...do Lakers + Lebron = new levels of fan insecurity?

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Lonzo
Ingram
Bron
Kuzma
Beasley

Rhondo
Hart
MCP
Lance
McGee

😱

The all Shaqtin-a-fool team.

More-Than-Most
07-20-2018, 08:04 PM
hey fun note... I just checked the Lopez and Exum threads who are worse players and the ones in here complaining about this being a thread werent in there complaining about those guys getting a thread on a team that isnt as popular as the lakers and dont have a lebron. Interesting how that works.

Hate all you want but be ****ing consistent please... Being consistently hateful is something i can at least respect and get behind.

KnickNyKnick
07-20-2018, 08:21 PM
Not bad for the Lakers, He can score vs anyone i tell you that much. And his focus was at a all time high with the knicks. hes definitely matured, and will strive on LA's Bench. 15-20 PPG

LOb0
07-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Hate, verb (used with object), hat∑ed, hat∑ing.

1. What Lakers fans have used for years to deflect any type of criticism or logic.

"They're just haters, letting Randle go was a smart move. Javale Mcgee and Lance Stephenson are great pick ups"

Mell413
07-20-2018, 08:35 PM
He had a nice year last year. Strange cast of characters on this team though.

Sssmush
07-20-2018, 08:36 PM
I like the way they are building this expendables team of guys who will ball out for Lebron. This Al Davis Raidaz mentality

archdevil84
07-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Hopefully they will also sign JR smith hahaha

Sssmush
07-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Hopefully they will also sign JR smith hahaha

Beasley is a jr upgrade. He will be a soldier for Lebron

I just feel like Lonzo wont even make this team though, heís like a 12 year old kid

TakeYourL
07-20-2018, 09:06 PM
L.A. Misfits

Sssmush
07-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Lonzo better have ALL the Peter Pan magic otherwise this is gonna be retrdedly funny

jphysics
07-20-2018, 09:28 PM
I think we are just trying to find as many players as possible who will be willing to clothesline the Warrior's stars, like mchale did to rambis back in the day.

Or blow in their ears maybe?

I'd say it's about a 30% chance lance stephenson accidentally kicks draymond in the groin next season.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Hate, verb (used with object), hat∑ed, hat∑ing.

1. What Lakers fans have used for years to deflect any type of criticism or logic.

"They're just haters, letting Randle go was a smart move. Javale Mcgee and Lance Stephenson are great pick ups"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lolololol, Iím not a Laker fan

Using dictionary to breakdown Urban lingo? What were you trying to prove son? That your square as any ever?

Iím a fan of Lebron just sitting back watching Laker fans and Laker haters go at it. I mean youíre a Boston fan so you have the right to hate I suppose, but donít try and deny it with the old ďIím educated, watch me speak proper...Ē and in this case it doesnít even come close to being right.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Beasley is a jr upgrade. He will be a soldier for Lebron

I just feel like Lonzo wont even make this team though, heís like a 12 year old kid

Iím hoping all these young guys take a serious step to make things interesting next year.

Scoots
07-20-2018, 09:51 PM

But Beasley doesn't fit that model ... he's not physical and he doesn't play good D. He's a gifted offensive player though so, along with McGee, Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball, fits the model of an open running game.

BKLYNpigeon
07-20-2018, 09:54 PM
lakers might wins some games in the regular season, but they got no playoff players other then Rondo and LeBron.

PAOboston
07-20-2018, 10:10 PM
except this is uncharted waters because what other team besides the heat in recent memory have signed a lebron? I will wait. Its like people just see a team they hate and cant help but post something with nothing of substance.Don't get your point. Because they signed LeBron it's okay to surround him with a bunch of ill-fitting misfits? This Laker team might have a worse surrounding cast than the Cavs dis last year.

Also convinced Stevenson is there just to **** with LeBron.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Don't get your point. Because they signed LeBron it's okay to surround him with a bunch of ill-fitting misfits? This Laker team might have a worse surrounding cast than the Cavs dis last year.

After PG they filled the roster with 1 year deals to have enough space to get another all star type player next season or if one comes available later in the season they have enough guys on 1 year salaries to trade and stretch Deng to be able to afford the incoming players salary.

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2018, 11:10 PM

Seriously; he's an above-average bench guy who will roast the other team's second unit, and I'd play him as a small-ball center against the lineup of death. But they're putting together one hilarious depth chart.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 11:14 PM
As a fan, this is such a treat for me. Iíve always been a Beas fan and Iím so glad he finally found his ability to score efficiently in the NBA last year. I think if given the chance, Beasley can be a top 10 scorer in the league. Iím so hype to see what he can do next season.

Swift Game
07-20-2018, 11:45 PM

They should pick up Metta World Peace again and see what Latrell Sprewell is doing.We would destroy last year's Cavs...lol. are you kidding? LeBron..kuz...ingram..rondo..lonzo..hart.
Vs. Last year's Cavs squad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PowerHouse
07-20-2018, 11:51 PM

Its called Laker-hatin'

Swift Game
07-20-2018, 11:58 PM
I'm actually glad to see the hate for the Lakers because their expectations shouldn't be that great for this upcoming season.

Let's see where we stand at the end of the season. I got them between 48 and 50 wins and 3 to 4 seed in the playoffs.

I have a thread in the Lakers forum with my thoughts on how they get there if anyone would like to chime in.

Some Laker fans are can rub some the wrong way, however I have friends I talk to that are Celtics, Knicks, bulls , etc fans and we have cordial basketball talk.

Beasley is not a bad pickup and he will give us a solid 10 to 12 minutes a game. I think magic brought him in to replace offense in case guys are out. KCP..ingram..lonzo..Isaiah all missed time during the season. Our 1 year deals will help through out the season. Ennis is gone, so that alone helps. I will gladly take Beasley over Melo because he will know what his role will be . Melo will not improve Houston imo.

Lance..javale...beas..all one year deals. Low risk and they can always be flipped by the deadline . These guys will contribute I believe.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:02 AM
I'm actually glad to see the hate for the Lakers because their expectations shouldn't be that great for this upcoming season.

Let's see where we stand at the end of the season. I got them between 48 and 50 wins and 3 to 4 seed in the playoffs.

I have a thread in the Lakers forum with my thoughts on how they get there if anyone would like to chime in.

Some Laker fans are can rub some the wrong way, however I have friends I talk to that are Celtics, Knicks, bulls , etc fans and we have cordial basketball talk.

Beasley is not a bad pickup and he will give us a solid 10 to 12 minutes a game. I think magic brought him in to replace offense in case guys are out. KCP..ingram..lonzo..Isaiah all missed time during the season. Our 1 year deal will help through out the season. Ennis is gone, so that alone helps. I will gladly take Beasley over Melo because he will know what his role will be . Melo will not improve Houston imo.

Beasley is currently better than Melo in any role.

basch152
07-21-2018, 12:38 AM
and thats understandable... yankees/cowboys/redsox... when you are that popular and win you become hated... it comes with the territory... i hate most of these teams as well but at least understand the sport/players before posting etc and try to make points without talking out of your ***.

it has absolutely nothing to dobwith popularity. Golden State has never been a big name team outside of Oakland and after a year or two of them dominating that became the most hated team in sports.

Any team that has a lot of continued success is going to be hated on.

San Antonio 6 or so years ago was even one of the most hated teams by most fans.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:50 AM
Got to hand it to Magic. He put in some work. NBA has cracked the code. Massive player movement every year insures peak interest

mrblisterdundee
07-21-2018, 01:39 AM
Got to hand it to Magic. He put in some work. NBA has cracked the code. Massive player movement every year insures peak interest

LeBron ensures peak interest, as did Kobe.

DanG
07-21-2018, 02:38 AM
As Magic said, this team is built for the playoffs. Lot of players who will make the game physical.

Sssmush
07-21-2018, 03:50 AM
Iím hoping all these young guys take a serious step to make things interesting next year.

Ingram can run with this squad.

Ingram will be like Wiz Khalifa or something, he will be with Beasley in like a convertible limo with 7 naked chicks
arriving at the stadium before the game

Sssmush
07-21-2018, 03:52 AM
Lonzo will show up with a purple anime backpack and matching purple high tops that are like totally cute

kobebabe
07-21-2018, 05:40 AM
The hate for Lakers is at an all time high 😆. It canít be ignored that most of these haters are Celticsí fans. Why yaíall so salty though? As a laker fan I am loving this! Itís a renewal of rivalry that the NBA hasnít had in a while. You can keep on hating on every move we make coz soon youíll learn Magic is a genius.
To say that this laker team is worse than last seasonís Cavs is to be hella ignorant. But keep on hating......

Heediot
07-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Let's see how the chemistry unfolds. A lot of solid individual pieces (as a collective) that can scare teams in the playoffs, but chemistry and fit also matter. I like the experiment they are trying woith these one year deals, either way they are not beating gs, might as well experiment on counters to find a blue print to beat them.

hugepatsfan
07-21-2018, 09:29 AM
I feel like some Lakers fans are in for huge disappointment this year. Lakers arenít that good and give Lebron/Magic truth syrum and theyíd admit it. Reality is that thereís no quick fix to beat GS whonslowly built an elite roster and the. Lured a superstar who happened to have no balls or competitiveness. Lakers realize it will be a multi year process and that this band of 1 year misfits wonít get it done. Theyíre just biding time to get real pieces, not actually expecting this team to be particulary good lol

Rivera
07-21-2018, 09:36 AM
im no laker fan and I actually like the makeup of this team. people are laughing because they see Rondo/McGee/Beasley/Lance all on one team, but they are still solid role players inside of their role. Nice piece off the bench to get quick buckets which is what they needed. Do I think they can compete with GSW? No. But I think there better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. Multiple players that can do a multiple of different things

Jayb587
07-21-2018, 10:32 AM
I feel like some Lakers fans are in for huge disappointment this year. Lakers arenít that good and give Lebron/Magic truth syrum and theyíd admit it. Reality is that thereís no quick fix to beat GS whonslowly built an elite roster and the. Lured a superstar who happened to have no balls or competitiveness. Lakers realize it will be a multi year process and that this band of 1 year misfits wonít get it done. Theyíre just biding time to get real pieces, not actually expecting this team to be particulary good lol

I think most ppl know this. This team will try hard tho and make it interesting, and the fans with sense are happy with that.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2018, 10:47 AM
50+ wins.

cmellofan15
07-21-2018, 11:03 AM
This is exactly what lebron was talking about when he said he wanted to play with cerebral basketball minds.

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Don't get your point. Because they signed LeBron it's okay to surround him with a bunch of ill-fitting misfits? This Laker team might have a worse surrounding cast than the Cavs dis last year.

clueless... but its ok... keep sleeping on the Lakers young guys...

the vets aren't going to be the most important difference makers Ö its the young guys being pushed by the vets

Rivera
07-21-2018, 11:35 AM

the vets aren't going to be the most important difference makers Ö its the young guys being pushed by the vets

thats what I see a lot on this board. I understand the trolling of rondo/lance/beas/mcgee on the same team but they arent the guys the Lakers are depending on. They are depending on as you said the younger guys. Zo/KCP/BI/Hart/Kuz to take that next step. Rondo if he cooperates can teach Zo so much about the NBA game. Lance and Beas are there to push the younger guys so they arent complacent and think they have a spot on the roster.

Beas honestly might have the biggest impact of the Rondo/Lance/Beas/Mcgee that Magic brought in on the court itself. I could see Beas playing a lot of small ball C helping spread the floor and knocking down shots. Give the bench the scoring punch they need

Silent
07-21-2018, 11:48 AM
As Magic said, this team is built for the playoffs. Lot of players who will make the game physical.

You only get 6 fouls

Silent
07-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Lebron really did bring in the meme team.

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 11:53 AM
thats what I see a lot on this board. I understand the trolling of rondo/lance/beas/mcgee on the same team but they arent the guys the Lakers are depending on. They are depending on as you said the younger guys. Zo/KCP/BI/Hart/Kuz to take that next step. Rondo if he cooperates can teach Zo so much about the NBA game. Lance and Beas are there to push the younger guys so they arent complacent and think they have a spot on the roster.

Beas honestly might have the biggest impact of the Rondo/Lance/Beas/Mcgee that Magic brought in on the court itself. I could see Beas playing a lot of small ball C helping spread the floor and knocking down shots. Give the bench the scoring punch they need

yeah... I think people misunderstand lakers fans perspective... you got the normal outlier idiots who are screaming chip but the more reasonable fans see 50 wins out of this team and a solid next step for most of the young guys...

I would be happy with a 4 seed and making the second round this year and then see what we can add next year.

The FO office really wants to see what these young guys can do and they feel the best way to push them is by adding solid vet rotational players...

I was very skeptical when Maginka were hired but I have been extremely pleased with the process to this point.

Silent
07-21-2018, 11:58 AM
50 wins really i see 30-35 if you lucky

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:00 PM

Youíre on crack homie

Silent
07-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Youíre on crack homie

i think you are, Yes you got Lebron but you have no shooters you need to put the ball in the hoop to score and you just don't have many options to do that.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:09 PM
If Iím Beasley, Iím coming into camp ripped and trying to start. If heís worthy, Bron will put him there. Bron ainít letting youngins develop on his time. Whoever is ready next year gets to ride.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:11 PM
i think you are, Yes you got Lebron but you have no shooters you need to put the ball in the hoop to score and you just don't have many options to do that.

They won 35 last year without Lebron didnít they? If thatís the case, then homie, you are on crack.

LOb0
07-21-2018, 12:12 PM
If Iím Beasley, Iím coming into camp ripped and trying to start. If heís worthy, Bron will put him there. Bron ainít letting youngins develop on his time. Whoever is ready next year gets to ride.

Beasley: Nicca please, I'm going to Cali, weed shops on every corner.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:12 PM

And the guy this thread is about shot 40% from 3 last two years and 50% from the field. Thatís a shooter.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Beasley: Nicca please, I'm going to Cali, weed shops on every corner.

Beasley balls out when heís high and doesnít need to stress about it

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 12:17 PM

its always a good thing to memorialize your ignorance... well done

Scoots
07-21-2018, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's hating to say that the Lakers, while they will be much improved, won't suddenly be a great team. The West is going to be even tougher this year and every win is going to be a battle. The Lakers should make the playoffs, but it's not "hating" to think they could be a 5th seed or worse.

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 12:22 PM
I don't think it's hating to say that the Lakers, while they will be much improved, won't suddenly be a great team. The West is going to be even tougher this year and every win is going to be a battle. The Lakers should make the playoffs, but it's not "hating" to think they could be a 5th seed or worse.

who said that?

you have clowns in here saying they might win 35 games...

no biggie... we all know the quality of the posting on this site is in the ditch so it is to be expected.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:30 PM

I think itís fair to argue the Lakers ending up anywhere between 2-8. I think youíd be wrong if you said 8 seed, but still, itís fair to argue. Baring injury to Lebron, you gotta be on crack to think that a 35 win team that just added Lebron will only win between 30-35 games the following year.

Leftcoast_yg
07-21-2018, 01:09 PM
The hate for Lakers is at an all time high 😆. It canít be ignored that most of these haters are Celticsí fans. Why yaíall so salty though? As a laker fan I am loving this! Itís a renewal of rivalry that the NBA hasnít had in a while. You can keep on hating on every move we make coz soon youíll learn Magic is a genius.
To say that this laker team is worse than last seasonís Cavs is to be hella ignorant. But keep on hating......

That's right tell these bums

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Boston vs Lakers gonna be a sweet Christmas game this season.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:21 PM

I don't like the term, but that take makes you a "hater".

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:24 PM
who said that?

you have clowns in here saying they might win 35 games...

no biggie... we all know the quality of the posting on this site is in the ditch so it is to be expected.

It's not just the people saying 35 wins that are being classified as "haters" ... and you've done more than your share of digging.

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 01:28 PM
It's not just the people saying 35 wins that are being classified as "haters" ... and you've done more than your share of digging.

meh... my posts are based in reason... you can argue differences of opinion but there is to much flat out inciting going on... additionally, derision is a very useful tool to put people in their place since it is based in reason.

IndyRealist
07-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Assuming Lebron doesn't drop off yet, you could put just bench players around him and get 8th seed. An upper 3 or 4 seed isn't out of the question.

TO Rapz
07-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Its a bad signing cus people still think Beasleys awful. Hes changed.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:55 PM
meh... my posts are based in reason... you can argue differences of opinion but there is to much flat out inciting going on... additionally, derision is a very useful tool to put people in their place since it is based in reason.

hehe ... I see, you are snotty and rude for the good of the other users! I just didn't see it from that perspective before!

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Assuming Lebron doesn't drop off yet, you could put just bench players around him and get 8th seed. An upper 3 or 4 seed isn't out of the question.

The Rockets and Thunder should be better than the Lakers, and it's possible the Jazz and Spurs are too. I'd be really surprised if the Lakers are the 3 seed.

WiseCounsel
07-21-2018, 01:58 PM

They should pick up Metta World Peace again and see what Latrell Sprewell is doing.

I Watched this guy with NY last year and he seem to score at will... lol This is not the same Beasly your thinking of, I think this guy has matured his life and his game.... Lakers are gonna be a scoring machine... If their defense is what I expect, their gonna shock some people.

Rivera
07-21-2018, 02:01 PM

i disagree with this statement. I think the west has solid teams but only 1 great team, and Houston im on the fence as a "great team" right now. And let me be clear, when I say great I mean a Title contender, a team that people will be tough in the playoffs.

I was the one who said Houston could beat GSW last year and if CP3 didnt get hurt, that might of happed. Maybe not we dont know, but they were up 3 -2 and took a choke job in game 7 for the GSW to win.

I just dont know what to make of Houston loosing Ariza. They were only 7 deep in the playoffs and to lose one of those cogs hurts ALOT. You add Melo and its almost the exact opposite of Ariza. Ariza doesnt need the ball and can play D, Melo needs the ball and cant play D. I just dont know how good Houston really is, I can see them regressing

I dont see "elite teams" out west I just dont. Portland good regular season team, OKC? With the Russ problem? They will shoot themselves in the foot. Jazz are going to be solid, Pelicans dont have the wings. They are projected to start 2 of Etwan Moore, Solomon Hill, or Darius Miller. Spurs will be a 5-8 seed and then the Wolves are an offseason mess, Nuggets are so so, Clipps are so so. I dont love any of those teams and dont think there elite or that tough tbh. Maybe compared to the east but the west isnt as mighty as people think this year, they just have the juggernaut.

I could easily see the Lakers winning 45-50 games being a 3-6 seed and when it comes playoff time, they are going to be trouble to handle because of the length, athletiscm, multiple people who can score on there own or make plays, and Playoff Lebron mode. Maybe im drinking the kool aid way to much, but this team won 35 games without LeBron and got better and there youngins are going to be better. Lebron proved hes worth at least 10-15 wins based off when he left Cleveland and Miami

Leftcoast_yg
07-21-2018, 02:02 PM

So another year under our young guys belt while adding the best player in the WORLD will actually make the Lakers record worse?? Lmao your a bulls fan right? Yeah you don't know ish about basketball. Your Dismissed!

Leftcoast_yg
07-21-2018, 02:03 PM

Yeah because your team has done so well since Mike lol

Leftcoast_yg
07-21-2018, 02:06 PM

People don't use common sense anymore they judge reality off of feelings and emotions. Boys with ******* lmao

Silent
07-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Yeah because your team has done so well since Mike lol

Not much we can do both pg we drafted got hurt (One Career Ending) JayWill

Couldn't get that xtra 6 mill for Bosh so Miami got all 3 instead of Chicago.

After that just bad Management by GarPax.

I just don't see how having all bad boys are gonna make a difference its not that type of game anymore.

Silent
07-21-2018, 02:20 PM
people don't use common sense anymore they judge reality off of feelings and emotions. Boys with pvssies lmao

shut up

Cracka2HI!
07-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Outside of LeBron the Lakers off-season has been uh.....interesting. What a collection of knuckle heads. It almost seems like they are putting together a goon squad like you would to beat an elite team in an adult rec hockey league. Just get a bunch of goons to take out their best players and win that way? I'm not saying they'll be bad or anything but it's a weird collection of talent around LeBron. I think they would have been a lot better off bringing back Lopez and Randle over some of the additions they made.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 02:26 PM
i disagree with this statement. I think the west has solid teams but only 1 great team, and Houston im on the fence as a "great team" right now. And let me be clear, when I say great I mean a Title contender, a team that people will be tough in the playoffs.

I was the one who said Houston could beat GSW last year and if CP3 didnt get hurt, that might of happed. Maybe not we dont know, but they were up 3 -2 and took a choke job in game 7 for the GSW to win.

I just dont know what to make of Houston loosing Ariza. They were only 7 deep in the playoffs and to lose one of those cogs hurts ALOT. You add Melo and its almost the exact opposite of Ariza. Ariza doesnt need the ball and can play D, Melo needs the ball and cant play D. I just dont know how good Houston really is, I can see them regressing

I dont see "elite teams" out west I just dont. Portland good regular season team, OKC? With the Russ problem? They will shoot themselves in the foot. Jazz are going to be solid, Pelicans dont have the wings. They are projected to start 2 of Etwan Moore, Solomon Hill, or Darius Miller. Spurs will be a 5-8 seed and then the Wolves are an offseason mess, Nuggets are so so, Clipps are so so. I dont love any of those teams and dont think there elite or that tough tbh. Maybe compared to the east but the west isnt as mighty as people think this year, they just have the juggernaut.

I could easily see the Lakers winning 45-50 games being a 3-6 seed and when it comes playoff time, they are going to be trouble to handle because of the length, athletiscm, multiple people who can score on there own or make plays, and Playoff Lebron mode. Maybe im drinking the kool aid way to much, but this team won 35 games without LeBron and got better and there youngins are going to be better. Lebron proved hes worth at least 10-15 wins based off when he left Cleveland and Miami

Like the West, the East has a few teams at the top, but after that the depth of the West, I think, is much better.

If we play the injury game if Iguodala didn't get hurt the Warriors would have had a good chance to beat the Rockets before CP3 got hurt.

The Rockets lost Ariza and Mbah a Moute, added Ennis and Melton ... I like the additions but I think the Rockets clearly got worse, but they are still probably the 2nd best team in the West.

In general I think you are undervaluing the talent on the western teams. We need a balanced schedule to really see which teams rank where.

I think the Warriors and Celtics are the class of the conferences, but the 2nd tier in the East is much thinner than the 2nd tier in the West, the 3rd tier has the same imbalance.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out though, no doubt.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Outside of LeBron the Lakers off-season has been uh.....interesting. What a collection of knuckle heads. It almost seems like they are putting together a goon squad like you would to beat an elite team in an adult rec hockey league. Just get a bunch of goons to take out their best players and win that way? I'm not saying they'll be bad or anything but it's a weird collection of talent around LeBron. I think they would have been a lot better off bringing back Lopez and Randle over some of the additions they made.

But they didn't add any goons. Rondo and Lance play their bizarre games, but there are not really any goons on the Lakers that I can see.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:28 PM
I Watched this guy with NY last year and he seem to score at will... lol This is not the same Beasly your thinking of, I think this guy has matured his life and his game.... Lakers are gonna be a scoring machine... If their defense is what I expect, their gonna shock some people.

Yeah, he finally figured it out. He just has to break free of any negative notions people have of him and really get 36 min a game and drop 24 on high efficiency.

ewing
07-21-2018, 02:28 PM

Yeah he definitely is not a 3 point shooter but is dependable mid range scorer that can create his own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:31 PM
shut up

😂😭

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Yeah he definitely is not a 3 point shooter but is dependable mid range scorer that can create his own

Playing with Bron,Rondo and Lonzo should make the game even easier than it has seemingly become for Beas.

ewing
07-21-2018, 02:36 PM
And the guy this thread is about shot 40% from 3 last two years and 50% from the field. Thatís a shooter.

Beas canít shoot the 3

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Beas canít shoot the 3

Yeah I know, he can only shoot it at just above 40% while taking a low number.

ewing
07-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Yeah I know, he can only shoot it at just above 40% while taking a low number.

Then we shouldnít bring up his 3 point % like it means something. Last year he never considered the shot unless totally on fire or forced to take it. Dude can score but he is not a range shooter

Rivera
07-21-2018, 02:46 PM
Like the West, the East has a few teams at the top, but after that the depth of the West, I think, is much better.

If we play the injury game if Iguodala didn't get hurt the Warriors would have had a good chance to beat the Rockets before CP3 got hurt.

The Rockets lost Ariza and Mbah a Moute, added Ennis and Melton ... I like the additions but I think the Rockets clearly got worse, but they are still probably the 2nd best team in the West.

In general I think you are undervaluing the talent on the western teams. We need a balanced schedule to really see which teams rank where.

I think the Warriors and Celtics are the class of the conferences, but the 2nd tier in the East is much thinner than the 2nd tier in the West, the 3rd tier has the same imbalance.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out though, no doubt.

I agree with that.

im looking at the starting 5 of each playoff team and comparing them to the Lakers, and quite frankly, they dont look as appealing as the Lakers (outside of GSW/Houston)

if you look at the "next tier" in the west

Dame/CJ/Mo/Al/Nurkic there 3 and 4 depth and talent is meh but ill give Mo and Al credit, they turned into a good 3D guys even though I wouldnt trust them in the playoffs
Russ/Roberson/PG13/Grant/Adams - The Westbrook factor come playoff time, doesnt allow the others to get and get the most out of everyone else
Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Gobert - This team could honestly finish 3rd with the development of Mitchell decent bench too with Favors/O'Neale/Burks/Exum

compared to

Zo/KCP/BI/Bron/McGee - there 2 holes KCP and McGee , KCP is a good 3 D guy and McGee is athletic and a rim protector but there best 5 is probably Zo/Hart/BI/Kuz/Bron which looks lethal, all can defend except for Kuz, all can shoot except for Zo.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:47 PM
This is who Iím starting

Lonzo/Rondo
Ingram/Hart/MCP
Bron/Lance
Kuz/Svi
Beas/McGee/Zubac

I want to give the young guys there opportunity to grow with Bron, as well as allow Beas to go for his full potential.

Obviously you got so much depth that you will never need to play Svi at PF, but this is the kind of lineup that the Lakers are gonna need to run with GS and I like it.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Then we shouldnít bring up his 3 point % like it means something. Last year he never considered the shot unless totally on fire or forced to take it. Dude can score but he is not a range shooter

But until proven that he canít shoot that %, you canít prove he canít. Because for the last two years he has, and he will be seeing more open looks now then ever. So we can talk about his 3.

ewing
07-21-2018, 03:03 PM
But until proven that he canít shoot that %, you canít prove he canít. Because for the last two years he has, and he will be seeing more open looks now then ever. So we can talk about his 3.

You are not smart

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 03:14 PM
You are not smart

So salty

PAOboston
07-21-2018, 03:45 PM

the vets aren't going to be the most important difference makers Ö its the young guys being pushed by the vetsNot clueless. Just a very odd collection of players to add to a young team.

I never mentioned anything about the Lakers young players. Out of that group I think Ingram and Ball are probably the best bets to contribute anything. Kuzma I'm not sold on what type of player he will be. Can't speak to the rest of the young players.

All this assumes LeBron will have the patience to actually put up with their growing pains. I'm not convinced he'll give up a year of his remaining elite level play to babysit 22 year olds. I think there's gonna come a point near midseason where the veterans will start to play more/young guys get traded for something. That's how LeBron rolls.

TakeYourL
07-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Not clueless. Just a very odd collection of players to add to a young team.

I never mentioned anything about the Lakers young players. Out of that group I think Ingram and Ball are probably the best bets to contribute anything. Kuzma I'm not sold on what type of player he will be. Can't speak to the rest of the young players.

All this assumes LeBron will have the patience to actually put up with their growing pains. I'm not convinced he'll give up a year of his remaining elite level play to babysit 22 year olds. I think there's gonna come a point near midseason where the veterans will start to play more/young guys get traded for something. That's how LeBron rolls.

I don't think bron is ring chasing right now, hence why he's oK with a bunch of young guys and old misfits.

I think bron wants a break tbh, last season he worked overtime for Cleveland, he probably wants to start to give basketball more of a backseat and start to focus on his new life in L.A. Focusing on the entertainment industry.

I also think his minutes go down significantly this year. if this was any other season with bron he would be demanding his team trade the young guys for veteran studs, but lakers didn't do that despite having the assets, that tells you a lot.

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 04:08 PM

The Lakers thank you for your input and have the following response

:cricket::cricket::cricket:

IndyRealist
07-21-2018, 04:15 PM

He takes so few it's literally just noise. He took 86 last year and 43 the year before. The % doesn't matter at those numbers. The last time he took over 100, he shot 31%. He's 35% for his career. Those numbers mean a lot more than the 39.5% he put up last season. NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT.

One Nut Kruk
07-21-2018, 04:17 PM
I doubt a competitor like Lebron just wants basketball to take a backseat so he can focus on the entertainment industry. If thatís the case, there is this thing called retirement.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 04:52 PM
I don't think bron is ring chasing right now, hence why he's oK with a bunch of young guys and old misfits.

I think bron wants a break tbh, last season he worked overtime for Cleveland, he probably wants to start to give basketball more of a backseat and start to focus on his new life in L.A. Focusing on the entertainment industry.

I also think his minutes go down significantly this year. if this was any other season with bron he would be demanding his team trade the young guys for veteran studs, but lakers didn't do that despite having the assets, that tells you a lot.

I disagree. Just showing much more trust and patience. By the time the trade deadline passes next year, I expect the Lakers to be challenging for a Title. Bronís branding power demands that he stay relevant. I think he tries to win scoring title and MVP next season for starters. He will try his best to beat GS next season.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 04:55 PM
He takes so few it's literally just noise. He took 86 last year and 43 the year before. The % doesn't matter at those numbers. The last time he took over 100, he shot 31%. He's 35% for his career. Those numbers mean a lot more than the 39.5% he put up last season. NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT.

Yes but he is better than he has ever been by a good margin. That much you cannot deny. So inline with his game being better, and more efficientí it only makes sense that his shot would be better.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 04:58 PM
I agree with that.

im looking at the starting 5 of each playoff team and comparing them to the Lakers, and quite frankly, they dont look as appealing as the Lakers (outside of GSW/Houston)

if you look at the "next tier" in the west

Dame/CJ/Mo/Al/Nurkic there 3 and 4 depth and talent is meh but ill give Mo and Al credit, they turned into a good 3D guys even though I wouldnt trust them in the playoffs
Russ/Roberson/PG13/Grant/Adams - The Westbrook factor come playoff time, doesnt allow the others to get and get the most out of everyone else
Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Gobert - This team could honestly finish 3rd with the development of Mitchell decent bench too with Favors/O'Neale/Burks/Exum

compared to

Zo/KCP/BI/Bron/McGee - there 2 holes KCP and McGee , KCP is a good 3 D guy and McGee is athletic and a rim protector but there best 5 is probably Zo/Hart/BI/Kuz/Bron which looks lethal, all can defend except for Kuz, all can shoot except for Zo.

Zo can shoot though ... he just needs to put in a lot of work to get more consistent and quicker on his release.

Zo/Hart/BI/Kuz/Bron would be an interesting matchup against the Hamptons 5 with Zo v Curry, Hart v Klay, BI v Iguodala, Kuz v KD, and Bron v Green. Of course if Cousins is playing the game changes again with Curry/Klay/KD/Green/Cousins.

I like the young talent on the Lakers, but I think fans are a bit optimistic about what they are "going to do". They have a long way to go and history suggests LeBron's presence doesn't result in young players developing. And while he says he wants to change I'll believe it when I see it, and while the team says they won't trade their future away to win now I'll believe that when I see it too. Either way it's going to be very interesting watching the NBA this coming year.

PAOboston
07-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Zo can shoot though ... he just needs to put in a lot of work to get more consistent and quicker on his release.

Zo/Hart/BI/Kuz/Bron would be an interesting matchup against the Hamptons 5 with Zo v Curry, Hart v Klay, BI v Iguodala, Kuz v KD, and Bron v Green. Of course if Cousins is playing the game changes again with Curry/Klay/KD/Green/Cousins.

I like the young talent on the Lakers, but I think fans are a bit optimistic about what they are "going to do". They have a long way to go and history suggests LeBron's presence doesn't result in young players developing. And while he says he wants to change I'll believe it when I see it, and while the team says they won't trade their future away to win now I'll believe that when I see it too. Either way it's going to be very interesting watching the NBA this coming year.This is pretty much my feeling too. Don't think LeBron has the patience for a rebuild and I don't expect the Lakers to keep their young guys. They are going to try and make a trade at some point to go into win now mode.

TakeYourL
07-21-2018, 08:04 PM
I disagree. Just showing much more trust and patience. By the time the trade deadline passes next year, I expect the Lakers to be challenging for a Title. Bronís branding power demands that he stay relevant. I think he tries to win scoring title and MVP next season for starters. He will try his best to beat GS next season.

Brons branding power doesn't need rings anymore + he has L.A. Now, and is clearly going to spend more time focusing on his family, and on being in the entertainment world. Bron wants to own sports teams, he's after more than just rings.

He's going to start to pump the breaks on basketball, try to save himself a bit, and if the team doesn't do well enough, people will blame the young players and the misfits.

If bron wanted a ring right now so badly, than there is no reason for the lakers or him to show any patience by not making any power moves, he's not young anymore.

Lakers + Giants
07-21-2018, 08:05 PM

As a laker fan, I completely agree with all of this.

IndyRealist
07-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Yes but he is better than he has ever been by a good margin. That much you cannot deny. So inline with his game being better, and more efficientí it only makes sense that his shot would be better.

Look, at 84 shots the difference between 35% and 40% is 4 made 3s. That's just randomness, you can't say it's better than before. This is why sample sizes matter.

tredigs
07-21-2018, 08:48 PM
6 pages on an NBA washout... Huh? Oh yeah, Lakers.

They were a 4-9 seed before and nothing changed, obviously.

TakeYourL
07-21-2018, 08:58 PM

He was pretty good in ny last year, seems to be taking the game more serious now after his stint in China.

Bron gets the most out of these types of players usually, I think it's a good Signing for the lakers, I think they got a solid mix of players on that roster, vets and youth, defensive minded and offensive minded, will be better than expected I think.

At the same time, I also think not making a real power move for kawhi is incredibly stupid, would of made them instant championship contenders.

tredigs
07-21-2018, 11:09 PM
He was pretty good in ny last year, seems to be taking the game more serious now after his stint in China.

Bron gets the most out of these types of players usually, I think it's a good Signing for the lakers, I think they got a solid mix of players on that roster, vets and youth, defensive minded and offensive minded, will be better than expected I think.

At the same time, I also think not making a real power move for kawhi is incredibly stupid, would of made them instant championship contenders.
He doesn't move the needle. Bron is in the West now. He was not a contender to make the Finals before, and still is not.

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Brons branding power doesn't need rings anymore + he has L.A. Now, and is clearly going to spend more time focusing on his family, and on being in the entertainment world. Bron wants to own sports teams, he's after more than just rings.

He's going to start to pump the breaks on basketball, try to save himself a bit, and if the team doesn't do well enough, people will blame the young players and the misfits.

If bron wanted a ring right now so badly, than there is no reason for the lakers or him to show any patience by not making any power moves, he's not young anymore.

Season hasnít started yet. There are plenty of reasons to show patience. Bron will be racking up records and he has an ego and is used to being considered the best player on the planet. He will play hard enough to make sure he is still considered the present GOAT

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 11:18 PM

These are the only threads that get you posting in the off season. #trapthread #gotcha #caughtyahatin

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 11:44 PM
A lot of people think that Lebron/Lakers are already accepting defeat. From day one, they are trying to win. They rate there talent higher than most non laker fans and they are going to try and win as is. As soon as that becomes apparently impossible, they will upgrade, but they are going to see if they can shock the world as is. They may not have the stars, but they matchup well with GS

Sssmush
07-22-2018, 12:36 AM

People always say that wherever Lebron changes teams and then itís always the same result

Truth is GSW has some problems. For one the league giving Durant the finals MVP was brutal for Steph. He might easily have 3 titles and two final mvps but instrad they brought Durant and everybody tries to give Durant the credit, even though Durant can be weak sometimes and steph is the guy who wont let them lose

Also losing mcgee and pachulia is something too. Gaining Cousins is not a plus, and best case scenario is he sits all year, cause if he plays heíll be a distraction

Durant is already flirting with LA, shades of OKC, and Klay and Draymond are retradedly overrated.
GSW at full strength really struggled against houston. I mean I knew gsw would win because cp3 and harden always find a way to lose in the playoffs, but gsw clearly looked beatable ó without any insane refereeing either

Basically 100% of the GSW magic is Steph Curry. I dont know how people still overlook that. I mean Durant is a great player but Steph is really the gamechanger who could rewrite the record book and take on every superstar including Lebron. It really begins and ends with Steph, everything else that gets credit like their awesome front office, organization, their ďhigh character super smart coachĒ and his amazing system, the unstoppable Durant, the greatest shooter Klay, the irreplaceable Draymind etc etc, all these guys are really just drafting off of Curry. Curry is the one truly great piece on that team, a player so great that the media struggles with the reality of it.

There are exactly two super heros or super villains in the NBA. Lebron and Curry. Period.

Now I dont know whats gonna happen, but Lebron didnt come to the western confernce unless he thought he was ready to challenge Curry and had a chance. I think on a 3rd try Lebron knows wjat he needs to optimize a team.

And think about it, Rondo a possible max player two years ago, kcp was a possible max player, stephenson was one of the engines on Indiana, and beasley can be absurdly good if motivated and feels right. Mcgee has untapped athleicism and can be unleashed

The young core is mostly *meh* lets be honest. Ingram might be a real #1 option on this team, Kuzma maybe but could be fools gold.

Hart, Moritz SVI good spot up shooters. Zubac is sliw and immobile. Lonzo I dont even see how he makes the team its going to be very strange to see

basch152
07-22-2018, 12:46 AM
A lot of the grammar used here makes me want to stab myself in the face.

numba1CHANGsta
07-22-2018, 01:16 AM

The Boston Leprechauns fans are so funny hehe

Sssmush
07-22-2018, 05:44 AM
Dont even get me started on how overrated Boston is.

Sorry *** whats his name with the snapped in half ankle, and sirly individualist ball hog flat earth playe half a season kyrie guarantee a finals? Brad stevens another idiot easy conference coach who cant structure an offense, put him with brett briwn and the moron who coached New Jersey

Jaylen brown *wow* heíd be like the third best SF on utah

If philly gets it together and brown reads a book on the dantoni offense the east isnt even a discussion. ECF in 2018 that was it, take your 203 draft picks and try to find one guy who can make a 3 when you need some points what a joke

ewing
07-22-2018, 08:13 AM
These are the only threads that get you posting in the off season. #trapthread #gotcha #caughtyahatin

This isnít Twitter

KnicksorBust
07-22-2018, 08:28 AM
I like it. Their bench needed more scoring. He can give them 10ppg in 24 mpg.

LORD6
07-22-2018, 09:22 AM
ya think lebron is smoking big blunts by the allstar break ? got these potheads now he in LA.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2018, 09:46 AM
This isnít Twitter

So salty

TakeYourL
07-22-2018, 10:49 AM

Sorry *** whats his name with the snapped in half ankle, and sirly individualist ball hog flat earth playe half a season kyrie guarantee a finals? Brad stevens another idiot easy conference coach who cant structure an offense, put him with brett briwn and the moron who coached New Jersey

If philly gets it together and brown reads a book on the dantoni offense the east isnt even a discussion. ECF in 2018 that was it, take your 203 draft picks and try to find one guy who can make a 3 when you need some points what a joke

Lmao I dunno about the other stuff, but your 100% right about the snapped ankle. I have no idea why anyone expects Anything from him. that's not a easily recoverable injury by any means, that's why Celtics were so hush hush about it.

His career might be over for all we know.

ewing
07-22-2018, 11:48 AM
So salty

ďSaltyĒ how old are you?

PAOboston
07-22-2018, 12:05 PM

If philly gets it together and brown reads a book on the dantoni offense the east isnt even a discussion. ECF in 2018 that was it, take your 203 draft picks and try to find one guy who can make a 3 when you need some points what a jokeLol.

Hayward will be back to 5vs5 basketball in 2 weeks.

Brown would probably be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the Lakers right now.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2018, 12:23 PM
ďSaltyĒ how old are you?

So salty

CityofTreez
07-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Whereís the Salt?

ZH721
07-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Lmao I dunno about the other stuff, but your 100% right about the snapped ankle. I have no idea why anyone expects Anything from him. that's not a easily recoverable injury by any means, that's why Celtics were so hush hush about it.

His career might be over for all we know.

Lol what.

TakeYourL
07-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Lol what.

His foot ripped off his ankle, everything in there ripped, it was flopping on the court like someone dragging a dead duck, you think he's like the terminator T-1000 and his foot will just re-attach itself with no issues?

He might show up this season and be half the man he was, just like Thomas after his surgery. Celtics are downplaying how bad it is, but the floppy foot on tv don't lie.

ZH721
07-22-2018, 06:24 PM
His foot ripped off his ankle, everything in there ripped, it was flopping on the court like someone dragging a dead duck, you think he's like the terminator T-1000 and his foot will just re-attach itself with no issues?

He might show up this season and be half the man he was, just like Thomas after his surgery. Celtics are downplaying how bad it is, but the floppy foot on tv don't lie.

Everything weíve seen from him as well as the word of professionals says heíll be fine. Maybe not the exact same as he was, but to say his career might be over is dumb.

TakeYourL
07-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Everything weíve seen from him as well as the word of professionals says heíll be fine. Maybe not the exact same as he was, but to say his career might be over is dumb.

Lmao what professionals, no one has seen the medical report except for the Celtics doctors who are being all hush hush about the specifics. That is an extremely serious injury, no guarantees he will be able to contend at the NBA level anymore.

We all saw it with our own eyes, his foot died that night.

All you do is run, jump, stop, and speed up, slow down, in basketball.

That's a lot of stress put on the ankles, doing a few sprints and few jumps in the off season doesn't mean anything.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Lmao what professionals, no one has seen the medical report except for the Celtics doctors who are being all hush hush about the specifics. That is an extremely serious injury, no guarantees he will be able to contend at the NBA level anymore.

That's a lot of stress put on the ankles, doing a few sprints and few jumps in the off season doesn't mean anything.

😂

Sssmush
07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Lonzo
Ingram
Bron
Kuzma
Beasley

Rhondo
Hart
MCP
Lance
McGee

😱

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
Kuzma
Ingram

Hart
Lonzo / Caruso
Zubac
Stephenson
Beasley

Payton III
Berry II
McGee
Moritz / Deng
SVE

Sssmush
07-23-2018, 12:54 AM
Nine player rotation:

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
Kuzma
Ingram

Stephenson
Beasley
McGee
Hart

Bench guys:

Lonzo
Zubac
Moritz
SVE

Developmental or Marginal possibilities:

Payton III
Berry II
Deng

Sssmush
07-23-2018, 01:00 AM
Rondo is very capable of bringing the ball up and running the offense, getting the ball into Lebron's hands, and can play solid defense even against a Steph Curry or James Harden.

Kuzma, Ingram, Stephenson and Beasley is a pretty solid frontcourt crew, even not factoring in Lebron, and in a position-less lineup scenario Ingram is capable of playing point guard and shooting guard. If Kuzma and Ingram get significantly better playing with Lebron, this is a legit crew.

KCP is a decent guard/swing player, and his shooting might be better next season. Hart is a good spot up shooter from 3 and is a good defender. Moritz and SVI might be useful for some minutes as spot up shooters if they are good in the offense. Deng might be re-born after a year of licking his wounds and healing up, and might be capable of getting motivated by Lebron, in which case he is a good backup PF

Sssmush
07-23-2018, 01:03 AM
Also, Lonzo has these super cute new purple high top sneakers with matching backpacks which are set to launch in October, and also may have a new rap album. So, let's not forget that. Also that sports science show says he can pass the ball in like 1/100th of a second and 300 miles per hour or something, which is like incredible. So yeah there's that too

ZH721
07-23-2018, 09:44 AM

Literally every professional ever. We all saw what happened to his leg.

The Celtics have literally nothing to gain from saying heís healthy. Nothing. Just because you donít like the Celtics or whatever doesnít change the fact that heís healed and will be ready for the season.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Rondo, McGee, and Beasley, all on the same team? What are the Lakers cooking up here?

ZH721
07-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Nine player rotation:

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
Kuzma
Ingram

Stephenson
Beasley
McGee
Hart

Bench guys:

Lonzo
Zubac
Moritz
SVE

Developmental or Marginal possibilities:

Payton III
Berry II
Deng

Lonzo will be in the rotation.

Rondo, McGee, and Beasley, all on the same team? What are the Lakers cooking up here?

Entertainment.

ewing
07-23-2018, 11:26 AM

This is so over blown. Rando is a super smart player. He just canít shoot and is hard to get along with. Everyone love Beas he just isnt good at much other then scoring. The only one that is a real knuckle head on the court is McGee and you just have limit what you ask of him/what he tries to do

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2018, 11:27 AM
Also, Lonzo has these super cute new purple high top sneakers with matching backpacks which are set to launch in October, and also may have a new rap album. So, let's not forget that. Also that sports science show says he can pass the ball in like 1/100th of a second and 300 miles per hour or something, which is like incredible. So yeah there's that too

Celtic fans...

TakeYourL
07-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Literally every professional ever. We all saw what happened to his leg.

The Celtics have literally nothing to gain from saying heís healthy. Nothing. Just because you donít like the Celtics or whatever doesnít change the fact that heís healed and will be ready for the season.

Lmao what professional, Celtics haven't even put out a real diagnosis of what went wrong, so what professionals do you keep pretending to quote? This isn't some common everyday injury. Peoples feet don't just die like that on a daily basis.

Your full of cope, I'm not hating on the Celtics, his damn foot fell off, stop pretending it magically re-connects itself.

All those bones, joins, ligaments, tendons, muscle tissue, it all ripped apart. No guarantees here.

When ever there is a serious injury teams always pretend it's not as bad as it is, surgery went well, will be back in no time.... Yeah right, how many times have we heard that fairytale?

TakeYourL
07-23-2018, 12:17 PM
I like what the lakers are doing, the west is WAY better than the east by far, no doubt about it, but it's still overrated. there is a lot of great players. But only a few really good teams, they can push for a high seed with this roster imo.

The biggest question mark to me is rondo and Lonzo on the same team, Lonzo has almost no purpose there with rondo. Won't be surprised if rondo cracks Lonzo in the eye either.

But I quite like the mix of veteran misfit players, and young talent they have, They should have a deep roster, and a lot of versatility, and will def be a defense oriented team.

Still think not getting another star was incredibly stupid though.

Scoots
07-23-2018, 12:41 PM
This is so over blown. Rando is a super smart player. He just canít shoot and is hard to get along with. Everyone love Beas he just isnt good at much other then scoring. The only one that is a real knuckle head on the court is McGee and you just have limit what you ask of him/what he tries to do

This. The only issue would be with PT expectations and players getting upset about it.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2018, 02:29 PM

oh I am just interested to see how it plays out. Multiple "personalities". But, LeBron commands some respect, and its not like any of these guys are bad teammates (Rondo was in the past but he has a lot of ex teammates who are fans too).

More or less, just interested in the makeup now.

Sssmush
07-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Lmao what professional, Celtics haven't even put out a real diagnosis of what went wrong, so what professionals do you keep pretending to quote? This isn't some common everyday injury. Peoples feet don't just die like that on a daily basis.

Your full of cope, I'm not hating on the Celtics, his damn foot fell off, stop pretending it magically re-connects itself.

All those bones, joins, ligaments, tendons, muscle tissue, it all ripped apart. No guarantees here.

When ever there is a serious injury teams always pretend it's not as bad as it is, surgery went well, will be back in no time.... Yeah right, how many times have we heard that fairytale?

Youre absolutely right

It wasnít just like one of those right angle leg fractures, it was like a total ankle sprain that rotated the foot around 200 degrees and off to the side

You could tell by the way he was sitting their holding his leg with this confused look on his face, like he couldnít feel his foot. I mean this is gonna require more than some magical chowder and a pep talk from ainge and stevenson. Iím surprised ainge hasnt put him onto the treading block already

ZH721
07-23-2018, 06:55 PM

Ummmm. This is via the Celtics. :laugh2:

Last night Celtics forward Gordon Hayward underwent successful bony and ligamentous stabilization surgery for the fracture dislocation of his left ankle sustained on Opening Night. The surgery was performed by Drs. Mark Slovenkai and Brian McKeon at New England Baptist Hospital, assisted by Dr. Anthony Schena, following consultations with Dr. David Porter of Methodist Sports Medicine in Indianapolis. No timetable has been set for Haywardís return, but he is expected to make a full recovery.

-Celtics

Nice try though.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gordon+Hayward+injury+prognosis

It was a clean break. You really donít know your stuff lol. Thereís ignorance and then thereís what youíre doing. Love it.

Many doctors gave him a chance to return LAST season.

According to orthopedic surgeon and medical consultant Dr. David Chao, Hayward could return late this season but will not ďbe himself until next season.Ē The former head team physician of the Los Angeles Chargers added that the accelerated outcome is ďgoing to be hard, but not impossible.Ē

Another orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Fred Cushner, shared on Sirius XM NBA Radio, that he also believes an expedited return is possible. Cushner explained that his stance is contingent upon whether Hayward will be in suitable ďgame shape,Ē as he does not think ďthe issue will be the bone.Ē

I mean, how can you be this confident yet this wrong? Incredible. You should probably just stop responding, this is rough lol.

ZH721
07-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Youre absolutely right

It wasnít just like one of those right angle leg fractures, it was like a total ankle sprain that rotated the foot around 200 degrees and off to the side

You could tell by the way he was sitting their holding his leg with this confused look on his face, like he couldnít feel his foot. I mean this is gonna require more than some magical chowder and a pep talk from ainge and stevenson. Iím surprised ainge hasnt put him onto the treading block already

Trolls gonna troll.

TakeYourL
07-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Ummmm. This is via the Celtics. :laugh2:

Nice try though.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gordon+Hayward+injury+prognosis

It was a clean break. You really donít know your stuff lol. Thereís ignorance and then thereís what youíre doing. Love it.

Many doctors gave him a chance to return LAST season.

I mean, how can you be this confident yet this wrong? Incredible. You should probably just stop responding, this is rough lol.

Lmao your so clueless, you literally quoted someone who predicted he would be back last season, why would you quote someone who was wrong?

And lmao at you calling it a "clean break", yeah no ****, we all saw the nub And the dangling foot, Doctors call something a "clean break" or "clean tear" when it's just the bone or the ligament.

Not when the entire freaking foot rips off the leg lol....

And lol at that half assed report by the Celtics doctors, "bony and ligamentous stabilization surgery", that literally means nothing, you could use those words to explain 90% of the surgeries in the NBA. they left out all the specifics for a reason.

TakeYourL
07-23-2018, 07:45 PM
Youre absolutely right

Poor guy looked like he was going through PTSD from the Vietnam war. Dude is going to have flashbacks everytime he jumps.

ZH721
07-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Lmao your so clueless, you literally quoted someone who predicted he would be back last season, why would you quote someone who was wrong?

Did you even read the quotes. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

And lmao at you calling it a "clean break", yeah no ****, we all saw the nub And the dangling foot, Doctors call something a "clean break" or "clean tear" when it's just the bone or the ligament.

Uh, clean break is a positive. That was the first thing that started to draw out some optimism after the injury. It leads to the medical procedure being pretty straightforward.

And lol at that half assed report by the Celtics doctors, "bony and ligamentous stabilization surgery", that literally means nothing, you could use those words to explain 90% of the surgeries in the NBA. they left out all the specifics for a reason.

Youíre so dull, but it is entertaining, Iíll give you that.

Sssmush
07-24-2018, 12:34 AM

LoL jeeezus the ****ing nub, I almost forgot about that. Like it was so grotesque I couldn't even look at it, I mean his ****ing sock was folded in half like it was some kind of claymation Robot Chicken episode or something

and I mean the mood inside the arena (on television) was incredibly somber, even after the first couple commercial breaks you could hear a pin drop, just complete silence throughout Boston Garden. So I mean I was getting into the like serious tragedy of the situation, but then when I saw the replay I was like "uh oh" and trying to keep looking serious because I don't want my friends to think I'm some kind of ghoul. But after watching the replay like 4 times I couldn't help it I actually laughed soda out of my nose. The whole play was so stupid, the dude leaps through the air like Peter Pan, completely extended and going for it like it's game 7 of the Finals and then just gets snapped off instantly

it was actually worse, however it reminded me of when RGIII snapped his ankle on that one play... it was like the first game of his comeback, one of the first plays if not the first play, and he scrambles around 30 yards in every direction, waits for the defenders to close on him, then sprints toward the sideline at full speed, leaps in the air and completes the pass 20 yards down field, comes down and snaps his ankle off. Oh no, how could this happen

Sssmush
07-24-2018, 12:48 AM
Uh, clean break is a positive. That was the first thing that started to draw out some optimism after the injury. It leads to the medical procedure being pretty straightforward.

yeah dude "clean break" means something good in a certain context. It refers to when only the calcium or bone has snapped and it isn't a compound fracture or a splintering crazy spiral fracture or some kind of horrific **** like that

it doesn't mean like "oh, his leg cleanly broke away from his entire body and we were able to but it in a jar and reattach it later at the hospital." I mean like Marie Antoinette's head had a clean break from her body. That's something different

And actually, I had thought that it was maybe like primarily a fracture, like the paul george thing, and he'd be on a straight line trajectory for recovery. But yeah... the report from the celtics medical staff you posted makes it sound much worse, there is this very cagey and ambiguous language about "ligamentary stabilization" and "fracture plus dislocation" or whatever, which makes me think this actually isn't a paul george type situation but could be any number of possibly really bad ligament and tendon traumas, as well as broken bones and things ripped off the bone etc.

I mean it sounds like he'll recover in time, I'm not saying that the Celtics just got completely boned here and that they're prize free agent acquisition is just done after like 3 minutes at boston garden. I mean he'll be back. It's possible he might gain like 100 lbs and become more like one of those big immobile defensive intimidator Martin Gortat or Dennis Pachulia kind of dudes that can't really "run the court" or "jump" but are capable of waving their arms and clogging the lane, hitting some spot up threes. I don't know that, I'm not saying the dude will have a club foot or something, we're just considering possibilities and thinking about classic Celtics of the past

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Lmao yaíll just got Celtic Smusshed

Sssmush
07-24-2018, 02:20 AM
Lmao yaíll just got Celtic Smusshed

eat me, "Greatness"

ZH721
07-24-2018, 10:32 AM
yeah dude "clean break" means something good in a certain context. It refers to when only the calcium or bone has snapped and it isn't a compound fracture or a splintering crazy spiral fracture or some kind of horrific **** like that

it doesn't mean like "oh, his leg cleanly broke away from his entire body and we were able to but it in a jar and reattach it later at the hospital." I mean like Marie Antoinette's head had a clean break from her body. That's something different

And actually, I had thought that it was maybe like primarily a fracture, like the paul george thing, and he'd be on a straight line trajectory for recovery. But yeah... the report from the celtics medical staff you posted makes it sound much worse, there is this very cagey and ambiguous language about "ligamentary stabilization" and "fracture plus dislocation" or whatever, which makes me think this actually isn't a paul george type situation but could be any number of possibly really bad ligament and tendon traumas, as well as broken bones and things ripped off the bone etc.

I mean it sounds like he'll recover in time, I'm not saying that the Celtics just got completely boned here and that they're prize free agent acquisition is just done after like 3 minutes at boston garden. I mean he'll be back. It's possible he might gain like 100 lbs and become more like one of those big immobile defensive intimidator Martin Gortat or Dennis Pachulia kind of dudes that can't really "run the court" or "jump" but are capable of waving their arms and clogging the lane, hitting some spot up threes. I don't know that, I'm not saying the dude will have a club foot or something, we're just considering possibilities and thinking about classic Celtics of the past

No, clean break was good in this context as it always is. They snapped it right back on the court.

All this trash youíre saying about Hayward is false considering the videos weíve seen. The skills are still there, heís in good shape. Heíll lose some athleticism likely but still be a really good player.

LaVar Ball
07-24-2018, 11:07 AM
Why yíall talking about the Celtics in this thread?

Who cares. GTFO

TakeYourL
07-24-2018, 02:40 PM
No, clean break was good in this context as it always is. They snapped it right back on the court.

All this trash youíre saying about Hayward is false considering the videos weíve seen. The skills are still there, heís in good shape. Heíll lose some athleticism likely but still be a really good player.

Snapped his foot right back together on the court, lol...

steamroller
07-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Why yíall talking about the Celtics in this thread?

Who cares. GTFO

It's too bad you and your son aren't still in a Chinese gulag.

Jamiecballer
07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
This is exactly what lebron was talking about when he said he wanted to play with cerebral basketball minds.Lmao

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ldawg
07-24-2018, 09:52 PM
https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/20/michael-beasley-los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james/

ldawg
07-24-2018, 10:01 PM
All these guys will not be on the floor together dont panic. Some folks dont understand why Beasley was a good inexpensive pickup with the loss of Randle. The team has potential and may not be the best regular season team but you will want to avoid them come playoff time if healthy.

steamroller
07-25-2018, 01:09 AM
All these guys will not be on the floor together dont panic. Some folks dont understand why Beasley was a good inexpensive pickup with the loss of Randle. The team has potential and may not be the best regular season team but you will want to avoid them come playoff time if healthy.

They have the most potential all right. But unfortunately they have the most potential to open a medical marijuana dispensary rather than to make the NBA finals.

AKA TheMamba
07-25-2018, 04:45 AM

A Physical Therapist here, to correct the perception to which you are adamant on convincing the general public that it was a clean break and they snapped it back together on the court is correct. It had to be done only to reduce any further damage to the structure during the transferring process. Thatís it.
The area of the break is way way more complexed than letís say PG13s break. The Celtics doctors shared what was necessary to the general public to give hope to the nba fans and players alike. There is severe nerve, muscle, bone, ligament and tendon damage to the area that requires more than one or two surgical procedures I assure you.
To keep it short, he will get a full bill of health from physicians but 100% as he was prior to the injury given the severity and stature of a man that is 6í6Ē 220 pounds is 99.9% impossible.

steamroller
07-25-2018, 05:04 AM
A Physical Therapist here, to correct the perception to which you are adamant on convincing the general public that it was a clean break and they snapped it back together on the court is correct. It had to be done only to reduce any further damage to the structure during the transferring process. Thatís it.
The area of the break is way way more complexed than letís say PG13s break. The Celtics doctors shared what was necessary to the general public to give hope to the nba fans and players alike. There is severe nerve, muscle, bone, ligament and tendon damage to the area that requires more than one or two surgical procedures I assure you.
To keep it short, he will get a full bill of health from physicians but 100% as he was prior to the injury given the severity and stature of a man that is 6í6Ē 220 pounds is 99.9% impossible.

Your post is filled with so many errors and speculation I hope everyone ignores it.

I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to visit a PT as illiterate as you appear to be.

ldawg
07-25-2018, 06:08 AM
They have the most potential all right. But unfortunately they have the most potential to open a medical marijuana dispensary rather than to make the NBA finals.

Who in the NBA dont Smoke marijuana, KD? You only call them smoke head because you found out but you would be surprise to find out how many guys in the league smoke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s1PJbrUPEo Now if you said they had a drinking, crack, cocaine, heroine problem then you would have a point.

Sssmush
07-27-2018, 03:52 AM

Lets all just hope he gets back on the court and plays good, that would be a good story. I never really watched hayward in utah but it seems like he could be good, heís not just a pr image signing

LOb0
07-27-2018, 04:47 AM
Lets all just hope he gets back on the court and plays good, that would be a good story. I never really watched hayward in utah but it seems like he could be good, heís not just a pr image signing

Luckily we're well covered at the forward spot. There is a doomsday scenario where Kyrie bolts and Hayward isn't the same guy anymore.

I'm not particularly worried. Danny knows what to do if Hayward isn't looking right.

JohnDee
07-30-2018, 04:42 AM
Lakers will win the Championship this Season ;) They just need to let go of the Ball Family

Ishkabibble
07-30-2018, 12:42 PM

This is bull. I've never, at any point after the injury or during Hayward's rehab seen any of this verified. Never even heard this mentioned other than by you. Conjecture and speculation, nothing more.
Post less.

lakers squad
08-01-2018, 09:07 AM
This Lakers team is hard to project. I've heard 2nd or 3rd in west and conference final projection, and I've heard the 7 or 8th spot (maybe even missing playoffs) 1st rd loss projections. In reality I believe it lies in the middle, 5 or 6 spot as it will take a minute to get everything together, and a dangerous team in the playoffs, 2nd rd or semifinal loss is were I see this Lakers team most likely ending up!

TheDish87
08-01-2018, 09:29 AM
woah a rational laker post? rare.

IndyRealist
08-01-2018, 09:51 AM
This Lakers team is hard to project. I've heard 2nd or 3rd in west and conference final projection, and I've heard the 7 or 8th spot (maybe even missing playoffs) 1st rd loss projections. In reality I believe it lies in the middle, 5 or 6 spot as it will take a minute to get everything together, and a dangerous team in the playoffs, 2nd rd or semifinal loss is were I see this Lakers team most likely ending up!

Don't think this is a conference finals team, bc they'd have to go through a stacked team to get there, but semis isn't out of the question at all. It's the power of Lebron.

Ishkabibble
08-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Yeah, they are difficult to project. Assuming they're still behind GSW and HOU in the West, they're right "around" a number of other teams. May be better...or may be worse...than Portland, Utah, New Orleans, OKC, Denver, maybe even San Antonio and Minnesota if they get their act together. IMO, in terms of talent and potential, these teams are all right around each other. Conceivably, the Lakers could finish anywhere from 3rd to out of the playoffs.
Lot of new pieces and it will likely take time to gel but if I were to guess, I'd say they finish 4th or 5th.

lakers squad
08-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Don't think this is a conference finals team, bc they'd have to go through a stacked team to get there, but semis isn't out of the question at all. It's the power of Lebron.

I tot agree, that's where I'm leaning is the semifinal for this Lakers team, the Lebron factor. Also the young core we have is going to be good, but this will be their 1st playoff run, so I think we will have to turn to the vet's a lot in critical moments in the playoffs. I know us lakers fan's might overrate the young core at time's, but most people on here seem to underrate this young core we have as well! This will be a good year, but next year if we can add a max guy, and the young guys get some playoff experience is when I see us becoming a real title contender!

WaDe03
08-01-2018, 05:43 PM
woah a rational laker post? rare.

Ironic.