PDA

View Full Version : Demar DeRozan and future

Legitimate
07-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Will demar make the all star team next out in the west? will he keep improving his game and finallly become elite, cus im sure the trades going to light a huge fire under him and it will make him highly motivated to make the raps wish they never traded him. He'll also be teamed up with the best coach in the league and Peoltl will turn into a rich mans jocik with better defense and passing. I think San Antonio will be a better team than last year with this trade because Demar will try to become a superstar and now the raps just added fuel to the fire.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 01:23 AM
Nobody cares about Demar. He wasn't that good.

Legitimate
07-20-2018, 01:27 AM
Demar wasn't the centerpiece of the deal it was Poeltl that was. He'll turn into a lesser version of tim duncan when he enters his prime. Demars just another good scorer that SAS needed.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 01:29 AM
Demar wasn't the centerpiece of the deal it was Poeltl that was. He'll turn into a lesser version of tim duncan when he enters his prime. Demars just another good scorer that SAS needed.
No he won't. Wasn't even that good in college. He's a lesser version of the current center in Toronto

Legitimate
07-20-2018, 01:43 AM
No he won't. Wasn't even that good in college. He's a lesser version of the current center in Toronto

you kidding man, he's so versatile on defense he holds more than his own on that end with him and pascal downlow off the bench for the raps last year our bench was the best in the league because of it.....quite fire. Sad to see him go because I honestly thought we could build a contender with OG and poeltl siakim as our future contender cornerstone pieces with all the sprinkles on it from the rest of the players.

COOLbeans
07-20-2018, 02:27 AM
The above posts seem like a guy arguing with his split personalities :cheers:

Bostonjorge
07-20-2018, 02:38 AM
Guards: * are almost automatic to make it

Harden*
Curry*
Klay
Westbrook*
Butler*
George
Paul
Mitchell*
Lillard
Murray
Booker
Wiggins
Ball

Iím not saying no or all these guys are better but itís going to be tough in the West for anyone to make it.

Leftcoast_yg
07-20-2018, 05:41 AM
The west just got, arguably.., 2 of the top 5 players from the east in derozan and LAbron. Mind you kawhi might be on his way sooner than later.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Will demar make the all star team next out in the west? will he keep improving his game and finallly become elite, cus im sure the trades going to light a huge fire under him and it will make him highly motivated to make the raps wish they never traded him. He'll also be teamed up with the best coach in the league and Peoltl will turn into a rich mans jocik with better defense and passing. I think San Antonio will be a better team than last year with this trade because Demar will try to become a superstar and now the raps just added fuel to the fire.

He has a chance to make it, depends on how good the Spurs are imo.

Derozan was definitely the centerpiece, Poetl will never be better than Derozan currently is.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Nobody cares about Demar. He wasn't that good.

So bad he made 2nd team all nba.

IKnowHoops
07-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Guards: * are almost automatic to make it

Harden*
Curry*
Klay
Westbrook*
Butler*
George
Paul
Mitchell*
Lillard
Murray
Booker
Wiggins
Ball

Iím not saying no or all these guys are better but itís going to be tough in the West for anyone to make it.

Ball...😂...not yet

PAOboston
07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Derozan is a 2 time all NBA team player. Last i checked, only 15 players in the NBA comprise thsoe team and he's been one of those 15 the last couple of years. He'll be just fine playing under Pop in SA. Might be a squeeze in the West but you never know with injuries etc.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-20-2018, 10:27 AM
... and the top guards list in the East?

Kawhi
Kyrie
Dipo
Beal
Dragic
Lowry
Wall

Falls off pretty quick.

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2018, 10:32 AM
The only think DeMar can do to prove people wrong is develop a reliable outside shot. With that, he's elite. And if anyone has a chance of helping DeMar develop a reasonable outside shot, it's Chip Engelland.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 10:40 AM
The only think DeMar can do to prove people wrong is develop a reliable outside shot. With that, he's elite. And if anyone has a chance of helping DeMar develop a reasonable outside shot, it's Chip Engelland.

He was knocking them down at a pretty good rate towards the end of the season, Iíd like to see that continue. Regardless, he was 2nd team all nba. He doesnít have to prove anyone wrong, I bet no one predicted he would be up there one day.

aman_13
07-20-2018, 11:09 AM
If the Spurs are winning, DeMar will be an all star next season.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Will demar make the all star team next out in the west? will he keep improving his game and finallly become elite, cus im sure the trades going to light a huge fire under him and it will make him highly motivated to make the raps wish they never traded him. He'll also be teamed up with the best coach in the league and Peoltl will turn into a rich mans jocik with better defense and passing. I think San Antonio will be a better team than last year with this trade because Demar will try to become a superstar and now the raps just added fuel to the fire.I think he will improve on certain things with Pop as coach but would not expect him to make the all-star game ever again unless it's an injury replacement.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:23 AM
I think he will improve on certain things with Pop as coach but would not expect him to make the all-star game ever again unless it's an injury replacement.

If theyíre on pace for 55-60 wins and heís been their best player I donít see how you leave him out though.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Ball...😂...not yet

Heís just ahead of the curve ;) 1year early.

aman_13
07-20-2018, 11:28 AM
Yeah his all star nod will have a lot to do with the success of the team. If they are one of the top teams, he will get in.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2018, 11:39 AM
If theyíre on pace for 55-60 wins and heís been their best player I donít see how you leave him out though.Agree to disagree. Or more accurately I dont see any of those things happening.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Agree to disagree

No

_KB24_
07-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Yeah his all star nod will have a lot to do with the success of the team. If they are one of the top teams, he will get in.

I don't think so - take Lillard as an example in recent years. The West is absolutely stacked when it comes to guards and he is definitely in the lower tier of the group.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:55 AM
I don't think so - take Lillard as an example in recent years. The West is absolutely stacked when it comes to guards and he is definitely in the lower tier of the group.

Lillards teams were never top tier though is the thing. 55-60 win pace would be top tier

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Lillards teams were never top tier though is the thing. 55-60 win pace would be top tier

Spurs are not a 55-60W team tho... but weíll see

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Spurs are not a 55-60W team tho... but weíll see

What did they win last year like 47? Swapped Danny Green with and all nba 2nd team player who improves every year and they donít have the Kawhi situation lingering over them anymore. I donít think an 8 game increase is out of the question.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2018, 12:06 PM
What did they win last year like 47? Swapped Danny Green with and all nba 2nd team player who improves every year and they donít have the Kawhi situation lingering over them anymore. I donít think an 8 game increase is out of the question.

I donít think so either but I still donít think they are, only time will tell.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2018, 12:20 PM
NoOk. I agree to disagree with YOU. You can do whatever lol

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Ok. I agree to disagree with YOU. You can do whatever lol

Letís argue though

BKLYNpigeon
07-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Spurs were a 47 win team without Kawhi. They will be better then last year.

Derozen will be great on the Spurs. He did average 23p 4ast 5reb last year. I could only see him improving and expanding his game with Pop and the Spurs.

PowerHouse
07-20-2018, 02:49 PM
... and the top guards list in the East?

Kawhi
Kyrie
Dipo
Beal
Dragic
Lowry
Wall

Falls off pretty quick.

Kawhi is a forward

_KB24_
07-20-2018, 04:32 PM

The cohort got significantly better though - Denver, Lakers, Dallas, and Pelicans all improved and the remaining teams kept their cores and will at worse remain just as competitive.

LeonFSU
07-20-2018, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure the Pelicans got better, much less significantly better.

_KB24_
07-20-2018, 05:07 PM
They didn't have Boogie for the playoffs and replace him with a young Julius Randle - who I think will compliment AD really well. Add a really good defensive PG with Jrue and I think they improved even with the loss of Rondo.

Scoots
07-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Kawhi is a forward

Potato, potato. He's played a lot of guard in the past ... don't know where he'll play in Toronto.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 06:44 PM
Potato, potato. He's played a lot of guard in the past ... don't know where he'll play in Toronto.

Which Kawhi have you been watching?

Bigbadmoffo
07-20-2018, 07:36 PM

I'm a raps fan and never missed a game. Green alone will make us better because Derozan was too iso for a deep team and not being able to shoot the three made it easy to guard him. I honestly just wanted Derozan gone even if we got nothing back. If you watched the raps regularly you'd see that Derozan was hurting the system. That being said I respected him more then any raps player in history because he was so loyal.

Jeffy25
07-20-2018, 07:49 PM
I thought this thread was about DeMar DeRozan and the rapper, 'Future'

I don't think much of DeMar's play

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 07:56 PM

They desperately need some spacing. Their best outside shooters are all small guards, it's going to be hard to get them on the floor with DeRozan and Murray at the same time, unless DeRozan slides to SF full time which will make them tiny defensively. 55 wins is probably to highest I'd put them, 60 is out of the question without seeing what how they're going to fix their spacing.

Scoots
07-20-2018, 09:59 PM
They desperately need some spacing. Their best outside shooters are all small guards, it's going to be hard to get them on the floor with DeRozan and Murray at the same time, unless DeRozan slides to SF full time which will make them tiny defensively. 55 wins is probably to highest I'd put them, 60 is out of the question without seeing what how they're going to fix their spacing.

They are going to play 90s ball.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2018, 10:00 PM
They are going to play 90s ball.All the way to 45 wins.

kdspurman
07-20-2018, 10:35 PM

They'll be using Belinelli/Bertans/Cunningham I'm sure. Bertans/Cunningham can both play the 4, Aldridge can shoot the 3.

They'll have to adjust a bit for sure, but they've got some guys who can shoot it. Even Murray has worked on his shot this summer, so im expecting an improvement from him

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 11:38 AM
They'll be using Belinelli/Bertans/Cunningham I'm sure. Bertans/Cunningham can both play the 4, Aldridge can shoot the 3.

They'll have to adjust a bit for sure, but they've got some guys who can shoot it. Even Murray has worked on his shot this summer, so im expecting an improvement from him

are you even concerned about the vet leadership if manu doesn't come back?... not many "spurs way" guys left and Gasol while a solid vet has never been a vocal guy... I think losing those gut check vets in the playoffs is what will hold this team back. You got some guys in key roles who really are pretty ****** in bad times Ö DDR, Gay, Aldridge

I would be interested on your take

IKnowHoops
07-21-2018, 12:42 PM
Iím so happy for Demar. This is one of those situation where ďwhat you need ironically, will turn out what you want to be, if just let itĒ

DeMar will now be able to finish his training and become a Jedi

Jamiecballer
07-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Iím so happy for Demar. This is one of those situation where ďwhat you need ironically, will turn out what you want to be, if just let itĒ

DeMar will now be able to finish his training and become a JediSend him a note, I'm sure he will appreciate it

kdspurman
07-21-2018, 01:18 PM
are you even concerned about the vet leadership if manu doesn't come back?... not many "spurs way" guys left and Gasol while a solid vet has never been a vocal guy... I think losing those gut check vets in the playoffs is what will hold this team back. You got some guys in key roles who really are pretty ****** in bad times Ö DDR, Gay, Aldridge

I would be interested on your take

No doubt, I hope Manu is back for that reason (plus he's just great to watch). I know that's why they wanted Marco back, aside from his 3 point shooting, he knows the system and what Pop wants in the locker room.

& I don't really judge guys for reps they have before they come into SA. Like DDR could be completely different in the playoffs under Pop. Aldridge accepted his role and really did well last year, and Gay wasn't some inefficient ball stopper. It's all about whether they buy in. Like Patty was overseas when we picked him up, Diaw was cut from (the worst team then) bobcats and no one wanted him, etc... Guys can be better/more efficient when they have a clear defined role.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:28 PM
I've been called out over the years for saying Kawhi wasn't a superstar, but off the court DD is far more superstar than Kawhi ever was. It will be interesting to see how Demar accepts being the face of a new franchise. I suspect Kawhi will hate the attention in Toronto.

kdspurman
07-21-2018, 01:31 PM
I've been called out over the years for saying Kawhi wasn't a superstar, but off the court DD is far more superstar than Kawhi ever was. It will be interesting to see how Demar accepts being the face of a new franchise. I suspect Kawhi will hate the attention in Toronto.

As a fan, idc about the off the court stuff personally. Kawhi is a superstar and proved it on the court many times.

And that's why this whole thing makes no sense with Kawhi wanting LA and wanting to be marketed more by Dennis the Menace. He doesn't like that stuff and just wants to play basketball. We'll see how he handles it

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 01:33 PM
No doubt, I hope Manu is back for that reason (plus he's just great to watch). I know that's why they wanted Marco back, aside from his 3 point shooting, he knows the system and what Pop wants in the locker room.

& I don't really judge guys for reps they have before they come into SA. Like DDR could be completely different in the playoffs under Pop. Aldridge accepted his role and really did well last year, and Gay wasn't some inefficient ball stopper. It's all about whether they buy in. Like Patty was overseas when we picked him up, Diaw was cut from (the worst team then) bobcats and no one wanted him, etc... Guys can be better/more efficient when they have a clear defined role.

A lot of that is true but the system was rooted in the respect of certain vets... that's why I think it is critical for Manu to come back. Also agree Marco was a good decision even if I don't think much of him as a player.

It will be interesting to see what happens but I won't be putting much stock in the regular season... I expect them to do fine in the regular season.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2018, 01:36 PM
I've been called out over the years for saying Kawhi wasn't a superstar, but off the court DD is far more superstar than Kawhi ever was. It will be interesting to see how Demar accepts being the face of a new franchise. I suspect Kawhi will hate the attention in Toronto.Fair point. I'm not sure you understand A) basketballs place in this market and B) how unlikely it is at this point that Kawhi will be embraced by our fans.

aman_13
07-21-2018, 01:37 PM

He is going to get a lot of attention here but if he's against all that, why play in LA?

Scoots
07-21-2018, 01:46 PM
As a fan, idc about the off the court stuff personally. Kawhi is a superstar and proved it on the court many times.

And that's why this whole thing makes no sense with Kawhi wanting LA and wanting to be marketed more by Dennis the Menace. He doesn't like that stuff and just wants to play basketball. We'll see how he handles it

The definition of a superstar is a player who transcends the game and has a large advertising reach. That's not Kawhi. "Superstar" is about the person off the court.

The Spurs were fine shielding him and San Antonio is a quiet sports town that loves their team. Going to LA has literally none of those benefits. It doesn't seem like something Kawhi would come up with at all.

aman_13
07-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Fair point. I'm not sure you understand A) basketballs place in this market and B) how unlikely it is at this point that Kawhi will be embraced by our fans.

The Raptors get more media outlet attention than the majority of the teams in the league. Ask Jack Armstrong about that. Hockey will always be number one but there is plenty of attention towards basketball.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2018, 01:50 PM
The definition of a superstar is a player who transcends the game and has a large advertising reach. That's not Kawhi. "Superstar" is about the person off the court.

The Spurs were fine shielding him and San Antonio is a quiet sports town that loves their team. Going to LA has literally none of those benefits. It doesn't seem like something Kawhi would come up with at all.Uncle feels more like a predator than surrogate father. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a ditch somewhere. Honestly.

aman_13
07-21-2018, 01:51 PM

The Spurs were fine shielding him and San Antonio is a quiet sports town that loves their team. Going to LA has literally none of those benefits. It doesn't seem like something Kawhi would come up with at all.

So you believe the superstar title should be based on popularity and not on basketball merit?

Vee-Rex
07-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Technically speaking, I'd agree with you, but I don't think most people care about the off-court aspect. Kawhi is a top 5 player when healthy and the best 2-way player in the game. He's elite, and that's usually what people refer to when they call him a superstar.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 02:30 PM
The Raptors get more media outlet attention than the majority of the teams in the league. Ask Jack Armstrong about that. Hockey will always be number one but there is plenty of attention towards basketball.

True ... the Warriors don't have as many traveling beat writers as the Raptors do. The Raps are the NBA team for a country ... no way Kawhi isn't spending a huge amount of time talking to the media there.

kdspurman
07-21-2018, 02:32 PM
A lot of that is true but the system was rooted in the respect of certain vets... that's why I think it is critical for Manu to come back. Also agree Marco was a good decision even if I don't think much of him as a player.

It will be interesting to see what happens but I won't be putting much stock in the regular season... I expect them to do fine in the regular season.

Yea. A lot of their success lies in the hands of some of their young guys, mainly Murray. He's showing some great work ethic so far, and I think he's also motivated to be great, similar to the mold we saw with Kawhi.

No one expects much from them, and after last year, it'll be refreshing to just watch them play basketball and that be the focus.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 02:34 PM
So you believe the superstar title should be based on popularity and not on basketball merit?

Yes, that was the origin of it. Like Supermodels ... they transcended the modeling industry to become personalities away from the runway. Superstars in sports are commonly known by people away from the sport. My mother watches probably 80 NBA games a year and she wouldn't be able to tell me who Kawhi Leonard is. She can tell me who LeBron, Steph, KD, Larry Bird, Magic, MJ, etc, etc are. "Superstar" was not just about athletic talent. It's really rare for a player to be as good as Kawhi and not transcend but he's managed it.

kdspurman
07-21-2018, 02:35 PM

Yea, I kinda feel bad for Kawhi. But I hope he's ready for a bit of a culture change/shock.

Regarding your first portion (we've been back and forth already lol) I disagree and agree with what VeeRex said.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 02:36 PM
Technically speaking, I'd agree with you, but I don't think most people care about the off-court aspect. Kawhi is a top 5 player when healthy and the best 2-way player in the game. He's elite, and that's usually what people refer to when they call him a superstar.

Yes, and that was fine with San Antonio ... but is it going to be in Toronto where they traded the public face of the franchise for him? Or in LA where the Lakers have the biggest spotlight of any team in the NBA?

Scoots
07-21-2018, 03:28 PM
Yea, I kinda feel bad for Kawhi. But I hope he's ready for a bit of a culture change/shock.

Regarding your first portion (we've been back and forth already lol) I disagree and agree with what VeeRex said.

Hehe ... I agree with VeeRex too, when it comes to people here. Anybody fanatical enough to spend time on their Saturday talking about a sports league that isn't even playing games for the next couple months is certainly going to know the value of one of the best players in the game ... my point was more that Kawhi's amazing reticence could be a real problem for him going forward.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Yes, that was the origin of it. Like Supermodels ... they transcended the modeling industry to become personalities away from the runway. Superstars in sports are commonly known by people away from the sport. My mother watches probably 80 NBA games a year and she wouldn't be able to tell me who Kawhi Leonard is. She can tell me who LeBron, Steph, KD, Larry Bird, Magic, MJ, etc, etc are. "Superstar" was not just about athletic talent. It's really rare for a player to be as good as Kawhi and not transcend but he's managed it.Same here. My 85 year old grandmother knew nothing of sports but would always greet me with how about that "Wayne Grespy".

I always responded with "I dont give a **** about hockey y'old bag"

Just kidding

Jamiecballer
07-22-2018, 09:08 AM
Great take on future right here at 4 min mark

https://youtu.be/khcn1af1GmA

Jamiecballer
07-22-2018, 12:10 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24163928/are-kawhi-leonard-toronto-raptors-nba-title-contenders

R. Johnson#3
07-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Great take on future right here at 4 min mark

https://youtu.be/khcn1af1GmA

It's funny because he just goes right to 3pt shooting then claims you know what you're getting from him. DeMar adds to his offensive game every single year. Yeah, he's a crap 3pt shooter but was able to beat guys in an iso heavy offence up until last year when we incorporated some ball movement. He does shrink in the playoffs but has managed to turn in some good performances in recent years.

I can only imagine plays are going to be drawn up for DeMar while he and Aldridge are the 1A and 1B options. If the Spurs keep moving the ball the way they're known to do then plenty of lanes will open up for DeMar to attack.

Jamiecballer
07-22-2018, 04:22 PM
It's funny because he just goes right to 3pt shooting then claims you know what you're getting from him. DeMar adds to his offensive game every single year. Yeah, he's a crap 3pt shooter but was able to beat guys in an iso heavy offence up until last year when we incorporated some ball movement. He does shrink in the playoffs but has managed to turn in some good performances in recent years.

I can only imagine plays are going to be drawn up for DeMar while he and Aldridge are the 1A and 1B options. If the Spurs keep moving the ball the way they're known to do then plenty of lanes will open up for DeMar to attack.

it's all cosmetic though. he was so easy to root for because he had us at "I got us" when Bosh left. he worked so hard. he wanted to be our Kobe. but at the end of the day the additions you speak of did not actually make him better or more effective

check this out. the last 3 years.

PER

TS

win shares

win shares per 48

value over replacement player

all show a shockingly consistent level of value provided. there was an ESPN article went up today that pointed out, among other things, how Kyle Lowry has been a more impactful player over those years and it's true. you should give it a read. everything around Demar was growing exponentially and he stayed the same and reaped the benefits (ie accolades).

Scoots
07-22-2018, 05:14 PM
it's all cosmetic though. he was so easy to root for because he had us at "I got us" when Bosh left. he worked so hard. he wanted to be our Kobe. but at the end of the day the additions you speak of did not actually make him better or more effective

check this out. the last 3 years.

PER

TS

win shares

win shares per 48

value over replacement player

all show a shockingly consistent level of value provided. there was an ESPN article went up today that pointed out, among other things, how Kyle Lowry has been a more impactful player over those years and it's true. you should give it a read. everything around Demar was growing exponentially and he stayed the same and reaped the benefits (ie accolades).

It's funny to me since I suggested he not be re-signed to that big deal and I was told I was nuts. It sucks to lose a good player when you can't replace them, and I suspect Ujiri wanted to move on without him before this but he couldn't. This deal allows them to get out of his contract and have at least a chance at 1 year or more of Kawhi. It's a good thing Ujiri re-signed DD if for no other reason than it gave them a shot at Kawhi.

Jamiecballer
07-22-2018, 06:08 PM
It's funny to me since I suggested he not be re-signed to that big deal and I was told I was nuts. It sucks to lose a good player when you can't replace them, and I suspect Ujiri wanted to move on without him before this but he couldn't. This deal allows them to get out of his contract and have at least a chance at 1 year or more of Kawhi. It's a good thing Ujiri re-signed DD if for no other reason than it gave them a shot at Kawhi.

there was a fair amount of internal debate over whether they re-signed him or not. no, i don't mean the kind of internal debate that matters, US in the raptors forum.

you are right though, for the first time since the contract was signed i am loving it!

ewing
07-22-2018, 06:15 PM

You hate KL and should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-22-2018, 08:25 PM
You hate KL and should

Nah, no need to hate the dupe, hate the manipulator.

nastynice
07-22-2018, 10:23 PM
I don't know if he's elite, he's def a baller. They got an old school sg pf combo, they can be pretty good if they surround then with a good team

LA_Raiders
07-22-2018, 11:40 PM
He will be alright under Pop.

steamroller
07-23-2018, 12:04 AM
The spurs win around 50-52 games with a healthy LMA and DDR. Expect DDR to average around 22 ppg.

Again, Kudos to the Spurs for getting amazing value back when a bunch of clowns on the internet said they had no leverage.

Legitimate
07-23-2018, 11:50 PM
The spurs win around 50-52 games with a healthy LMA and DDR. Expect DDR to average around 22 ppg.

Again, Kudos to the Spurs for getting amazing value back when a bunch of clowns on the internet said they had no leverage.

Peotlt will thrive under pop, the best coach for his style of play(the main reason theytraded for him). LMA and peoltl will thrive together and become one of the best front courts in the league if LMA can stay heathy.

It's a shame i'd rather keep Peoltl and trade siakim instead, but ujuri wants to hold onto him I think unless we trade for another star.

EDIT: peoltl is a damn good defender already and he just got into the league, he'll be jokic with better defense in his prime, good job san antonio you just took one of my favs.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm a raps fan and never missed a game. Green alone will make us better because Derozan was too iso for a deep team and not being able to shoot the three made it easy to guard him. I honestly just wanted Derozan gone even if we got nothing back. If you watched the raps regularly you'd see that Derozan was hurting the system. That being said I respected him more then any raps player in history because he was so loyal.

This is the exact line of thinking that has ****ed up the way the game is viewed now. Derozan makes you all better than green by far and itís not even a debate.

Jamiecballer
07-24-2018, 10:22 AM

Again, Kudos to the Spurs for getting amazing value back when a bunch of clowns on the internet said they had no leverage.I dont think they got amazing value. They got a solid player, a young big that fits their style but has modest upside, and almost certainly 2 2nd rounders. For the 2nd to 4th best player in the NBA, albeit with health question marks, on a one year deal, and a solid SG who really plays defense.

That's a C+. If you are a fan of the Raptors you were thinking "that's all it took"

Scoots
07-24-2018, 12:07 PM
I dont think they got amazing value. They got a solid player, a young big that fits their style but has modest upside, and almost certainly 2 2nd rounders. For the 2nd to 4th best player in the NBA, albeit with health question marks, on a one year deal, and a solid SG who really plays defense.

That's a C+. If you are a fan of the Raptors you were thinking "that's all it took"

"almost certainly 2 2nd rounders" ... I think the odds are the Raps end up good enough for the 1st round pick to not be protected.

Jamiecballer
07-24-2018, 01:37 PM
"almost certainly 2 2nd rounders" ... I think the odds are the Raps end up good enough for the 1st round pick to not be protected.Yeah my bad, I misunderstood the implications there. 2 second rounders might be better than picking 28 or 29

FlakeyFool
07-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Peotlt will thrive under pop, the best coach for his style of play(the main reason theytraded for him). LMA and peoltl will thrive together and become one of the best front courts in the league if LMA can stay heathy.

It's a shame i'd rather keep Peoltl and trade siakim instead, but ujuri wants to hold onto him I think unless we trade for another star.

EDIT: peoltl is a damn good defender already and he just got into the league, he'll be jokic with better defense in his prime, good job san antonio you just took one of my favs.

lol one of your favs and you can't even spell his name right in three tries

steamroller
07-25-2018, 02:36 PM
I dont think they got amazing value. They got a solid player, a young big that fits their style but has modest upside, and almost certainly 2 2nd rounders. For the 2nd to 4th best player in the NBA, albeit with health question marks, on a one year deal, and a solid SG who really plays defense.

Considering how little leverage they supposedly had, they did.

There was no chance of Kawhi coming back so basically, they got DDR, a quality big, and a couple of 2nds for nothing.

They got rid of a yearlong headache and got back immense value.

The Spurs are not a perfect organization, no team is, but they're one of the best, and this trade was a gem, albeit one of just many brilliant roster moves over the years by the front office.

I thought they would get back solid value, but even I was surprised by how well they did.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Never underestimate Pop

Legitimate
08-04-2018, 11:31 PM
I wish we kept peoltl and gave saikim instead on this trade, peoltl will become a star in this league and become a rich mans jokic in a couple years..but can't complain im fine with saikim and having the best player in this trade

aman_13
08-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I wish we kept peoltl and gave saikim instead on this trade, peoltl will become a star in this league and become a rich mans jokic in a couple years..but can't complain im fine with saikim and having the best player in this tradeLol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Storch
08-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Derozan is with Pop now, that should not be underestimated!

Jamiecballer
08-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Derozan is with Pop now, that should not be underestimated!He will be a different player, I'm sure. Might even be a net positive for the 2nd time in his career [emoji4]

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2018, 08:46 PM
I wish we kept peoltl and gave saikim instead on this trade, peoltl will become a star in this league and become a rich mans jokic in a couple years..but can't complain im fine with saikim and having the best player in this trade

If you are doing a white guy comparison, do a poor man's David Lee.

Legitimate
08-06-2018, 09:52 AM
If you are doing a white guy comparison, do a poor man's David Lee.

he's david lee that actually plays defense, the kid will be a star in the league in the near future and now especially since pop will get the most out of him. he can pass, he can defend, he's fast and makes smart decisions. just didn't get the minutes with our loaded front court, im sure he'll avg a double double with a few assists if he gets over 30 min a game next year my bet.

Tg11
08-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Pop will make DeRozan better and that ain't even gon' be a problem