PDA

View Full Version : Melo and a pick traded to ATL for Schroder and Muscala

Pages : [1] 2

minato_17
07-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Oklahoma City has agreed to trade Carmelo Anthony and a protected 2022 first-round pick to Atlanta for point guard Dennis Schroder and Mike Muscala, league sources tell ESPN. Anthony will be waived, and he will join team of his choice. Rockets are frontrunner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

minato_17
07-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Sources: Muscala ($5M) is likely headed for a third team in near future. OKC GM Sam Presti and coach Billy Donovan were given permission to talk with Schroder, and they're enthusiastic about partnership. OKC wants more speed, another ball handler. https://t.co/VibPPXzlBW

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TakeYourL
07-19-2018, 04:49 PM
I Don't know what to think of Schroder and West, but I'm excited to see what it looks like.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Atlanta cleaning house, getting picks.

numba1CHANGsta
07-19-2018, 04:51 PM
The West keeps getting stronger lol

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Schroder is very underrated.

Joemoes
07-19-2018, 04:53 PM
This GM has been fantastic since losing on Harden deal and getting 0 value for Durant(not that he had a choice they were competitive). This trade is masterful get out from Melo while getting a useful player for possible future trade or to help your team now

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Anyone else think Schroder in OKC will go similarly (if not worse than) the situation they had with Oladipo? Schroder is a far worse 3-point shooter than Oladipo was and is even more dependent on having the ball in his hands to be effective. I just don't see how he and Westbrook can coexist on the floor together without one of them being completely useless.

Blink
07-19-2018, 04:59 PM
I see this as a Reggie Jackson role 2.0 for OKC.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 05:00 PM
I see this as a Reggie Jackson role 2.0 for OKC.

Thatís what it will be. Schroder off the bench.

numba1CHANGsta
07-19-2018, 05:03 PM
CP3- age 33
Harden- age 28
Melo- age 34
PJ Tucker- age 33
N' Dumba -hasn't even re-signed yet

Gordon- age 29
Nene- age 35
Anderson- age 30
MCW- age 26

Wow that team is old and injury prone, no way they make it to the WCF next season

Vinylman
07-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Think about it... they gave up a first to get Schroeder (who is a terrible fit) and will pay more in LT than if they had just stretched him.

Sam Presti must know something about oil futures

c.c.
07-19-2018, 05:09 PM
CP3- age 33
Harden- age 28
Melo- age 34
PJ Tucker- age 33

Gordon- age 29
Nene- age 35
Anderson- age 30
MCW- age 26

Wow that team is old and injury prone, no way they make it to the WCF next season

Haha very funny! Time will tell all

Wade n Fade
07-19-2018, 05:11 PM
Rockets are front runners =/= he is going to Houston officially. I do think he ends up there though within the next few days. Miami should have no interest in an old shot chucker.

Too bad Atlanta didnít try to force Melo to play out his contracts just for the hell of it lol.

Vee-Rex
07-19-2018, 05:12 PM
If properly coached, Schroder can be a solid backup for OKC.

They get rid of a chucker who was a detriment at rebounding and defending bigs, and get another ball-handler who can use his speed to attack the rim.

Don't get me wrong - Schroder has his own issues, namely his shooting and defense. But he's great at attacking the basket and that's a MUCH needed aspect for OKC's bench.

I like the move and think it makes OKC a bit better.

Hustla23
07-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Anyone else think Schroder in OKC will go similarly (if not worse than) the situation they had with Oladipo? Schroder is a far worse 3-point shooter than Oladipo was and is even more dependent on having the ball in his hands to be effective. I just don't see how he and Westbrook can coexist on the floor together without one of them being completely useless.

Yeah, Presti went from being one of the new breed innovative G.M.'s to losing his mind lol.

Awful trade for OKC. They keep digging that whole deeper, especially with all these first round picks they keep giving up.

Hustla23
07-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Think about it... they gave up a first to get Schroeder (who is a terrible fit) and will pay more in LT than if they had just stretched him.

Sam Presti must know something about oil futures

This is the same team that traded away James Harden to avoid the luxury tax instead of using the amnesty on Kendrick Perkins lol.

HunterNRoss
07-19-2018, 05:18 PM
Rockets are the front runners but its not set in stone yet.

YAALREADYKNO
07-19-2018, 05:18 PM
IF they can make it work Schroeder is a nice player to have off the bench

Vinylman
07-19-2018, 05:20 PM
This is the same team that traded away James Harden to avoid the luxury tax instead of using the amnesty on Kendrick Perkins lol.

yeah... I guess Schroeder is just gonna be happy becoming a back up and playing 12 minutes a game... no way he and Westy can play at the same time... one cant shoot and the other won't let anyone else handle the ball.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Schroder would be a huge weapon for them coming off the bench. But they're about to be paying that dude $15 million+ per season over the next three years to come off the bench. And when he and Westbrook are on the floor together (which is inevitable), their skillsets are totally redundant. They just complement each other so poorly... I just don't see how he's going to make them a substantially better basketball team. They needed shooters, and they got one of the worst shooting guards in the entire NBA instead.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 05:28 PM
CP3- age 33
Harden- age 28
Melo- age 34
PJ Tucker- age 33

Gordon- age 29
Nene- age 35
Anderson- age 30
MCW- age 26

So, swap out a 33-year-old Ariza and a 31-year-old Mbah a Moute for Melo (34) and Ennis (28). How is this team significantly older than they were last season, when they went to the WCF and took the Warriors to 7 games? Your logic is... confusing at best.

RCarlson85
07-19-2018, 05:31 PM
The title of this thread misleading and not accurate. Just because the Rockets are the supposed front runners doesn't mean Melo will sign with them. The title should be changed.

numba1CHANGsta
07-19-2018, 05:37 PM
So, swap out a 33-year-old Ariza and a 31-year-old Mbah a Moute for Melo (34) and Ennis (28). How is this team significantly older than they were last season, when they went to the WCF and took the Warriors to 7 games? Your logic is... confusing at best.

Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Cool. I've been looking for a new quote for my sig for a while now.

LOb0
07-19-2018, 05:45 PM

You're relying on a 34 year old more and every one is a year older. That makes you older. And they're just as injury prone as before.

This team is looking pretty bad on paper.

c.c.
07-19-2018, 05:47 PM

Itís like you know your team is not as good as the best team in the West so your heart is so full of jealousy towards the second best team.

Maybe because your goal is to be the second best team and not the best, correct?

c.c.
07-19-2018, 05:49 PM
You're relying on a 34 year old more and every one is a year older. That makes you older. And they're just as injury prone as before.

We didnít look good on paper last year either and look how last season turned out

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Lmao at the overreactions. The rockets will be great.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 05:52 PM

That's the exact same team sans Ariza that went to the WCF and nearly beat the Warriors last season. Yes, they're a year older. That hardly makes them being worse a foregone conclusion. Also, if you think they look "pretty bad on paper," then I'm sorry, but you're being very foolish. That's pretty much the same roster that won 65 games last season, and until they prove otherwise, they're the second best team in the NBA "on paper" right now.

Doesn't surprise me, though. You've never been known for your pro-Houston comments. Any time there's a Rockets post in the main forum, I can bank on you swooping in for at least 2-3 obvious troll attempts.

MannyWood
07-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Cool. I've been looking for a new quote for my sig for a while now.

So if they don't make it, what do you do with your sig? Basically just proving the guys point through the season.

infinity2152
07-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Can't see how anybody sees this as a win for OKC.

1. Main point of trading Melo was to clear cap. They waited until only one team had cap and could hardball them (stupid!) and take back WAY more cap than they could have just by waiving Melo. Utter fail on that.

2. A team in one of the worst cap situations ever takes on a 15.5 mill backup PG for THREE YEARS!!! A team that has Russel Westbrook!! Russ played over 36 mins a game last year.

3. He shot 29% from the 3 last year! Playing at the same time as Russ (also 29% last year) will be fun for the opposing team to watch. And he needs the ball in his hand.

4. You gave up a first round pick to get this, a team that need cheap draftees more than anybody.

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2018, 05:55 PM
Yea I don't see how the rockets aren't seen as the second best team in the West heading into the season.

MannyWood
07-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Itís like you know your team is not as good as the best team in the West so your heart is so full of jealousy towards the second best team.

Maybe because your goal is to be the second best team and not the best, correct?

2nd best team last season. Even Vegas doesn't think the Rockets will be the 2nd best team. Most places have the Lakers with higher odds than the Rockets.

LOb0
07-19-2018, 06:02 PM
That's the exact same team sans Ariza that went to the WCF and nearly beat the Warriors last season. Yes, they're a year older. That hardly makes them being worse a foregone conclusion. Also, if you think they look "pretty bad on paper," then I'm sorry, but you're being very foolish. That's pretty much the same roster that won 65 games last season, and until they prove otherwise, they're the second best team in the NBA "on paper" right now.

Doesn't surprise me, though. You've never been known for your pro-Houston comments. Any time there's a Rockets post in the main forum, I can bank on you swooping in for at least 2-3 obvious troll attempts.

There are a lot of things to be concerned about with this team to say the very least. You act as if I don't want them to be good. I love Houston as a franchise.

This team is relying on old guys, Harden who's checked out at some of the worst times, now you're adding Melo into it.

I'll admit they were better than I thought last year, or GS was much worse I'd say. But that was the window, I feel like. I mean you're still going to be second in the West. But I see upset potential come playoff time.

2nd best team last season. Even Vegas doesn't think the Rockets will be the 2nd best team. Most places have the Lakers with higher odds than the Rockets.

Now that is just completely absurd.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:03 PM
So if they don't make it, what do you do with your sig? Basically just proving the guys point through the season.

Yep, but I don't care.

I'm not saying they will make the WCF, but I can't stand when fans are so unbelievably arrogant and confident about something so early on with no evidence to support their takes. The idea that he could guarantee whether the Rockets would be in the WCF in freaking July is just totally ignorant. And if he ends up being right or not next May doesn't mean he's right today or that he had any real evidence to support his ridiculous guarantee 10-11 months earlier.

Hustla23
07-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Serious question, do the Rockets even want him?

PJ Tucker is 10x better than him and wont' be replaced in the starting lineup.

And based on Melo's track record, he probably will refuse to come off the bench.

Putting Melo into the starting lineup makes the Rockets significantly worse.

LOb0
07-19-2018, 06:06 PM

And based on Melo's track record, he probably will refuse to come off the bench.

Melo is Daryl Morey's guy for some reason. He's wanted him for years.

MannyWood
07-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Yep, but I don't care.

I'm not saying they will make the WCF, but I can't stand when fans are so unbelievably arrogant and confident about something so early on with no evidence to support their takes. The idea that he could guarantee whether the Rockets would be in the WCF in freaking July is just totally ignorant. And if he ends up being right or not next May doesn't mean he's right today or that he had any real evidence to support his ridiculous guarantee 10-11 months earlier.
He did say they are old and CP3 will probably get hurt. Seems legitimate

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:10 PM
There are a lot of things to be concerned about with this team to say the very least. You act as if I don't want them to be good. I love Houston as a franchise.

This team is relying on old guys, Harden who's checked out at some of the worst times, now you're adding Melo into it.

I'll admit they were better than I thought last year, or GS was much worse I'd say. But that was the window, I feel like. I mean you're still going to be second in the West. But I see upset potential come playoff time.

Who's going to beat them? Assume they're even moderately healthy in the playoffs next year (which I recognize is the reason some are critical of them in the first place, but let's make that reasonable assumption for a second). Which team on paper right now in July seems poised to beat them in a playoff series aside from the Warriors? I'm not saying it's impossible. Anything is. Maybe the Lakers acquire Kawhi at the trade deadline. Maybe Westbrook and PG suddenly realize their potential together. Maybe Minnesota, Portland, Utah and/or Denver make a leap.

Those are all possibilities, but I just don't think anything has happened so far this offseason that would make me think the Rockets aren't still the second best team in the West on paper today.

MannyWood
07-19-2018, 06:10 PM

It probably is absurd. Nobody knows how the Lakers will look, but I didn't make the odds. I think the Rockets will be a 2nd or 3rd seed, but I think they will do everything possible to rest CP3 and keep his minutes down to have him fresh for the playoffs. Especially after going deep last season. That was the longest CP3 has played into an NBA season

warfelg
07-19-2018, 06:13 PM

infinity2152
07-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Lakers being higher is certainly the Lebron factor. If the Rockets get Melo they should be improved from last year, and Melo takes some of the scoring emphasis of Paul. The Lakers signed Rondo, Stephenson, already have Lonzo, and McGee. Don't know if Lebron has ever played with so many non-shooters and how are Rondo and Lonzo going to be effective unless Lebron plays off-ball. Not even a top 5 coach. Whose even the second best guy on the Lakers, Ingram or Kuzma? Thinking that team is going to run the Super West is putting a LOT on Lebron.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:17 PM
He did say they are old and CP3 will probably get hurt. Seems legitimate

It's not legitimate at all. You can't predict the exact timing of injuries or the precise moment for a player's decline due to age. Kobe looked like an ironman until that Achilles injury and the abrupt decline of his career. And everyone kept saying Tim Duncan and the Spurs were finished in the early 2010s, but they still managed two more Finals appearances and one more title.

If I could predict when players would get injured or decline, I would be a millionaire by now. But I can't. And neither can anyone else.

c.c.
07-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Lakers being higher is certainly the Lebron factor. If the Rockets get Melo they should be improved from last year, and Melo takes some of the scoring emphasis of Paul. The Lakers signed Rondo, Stephenson, already have Lonzo, and McGee. Don't know if Lebron has ever played with so many non-shooters and how are Rondo and Lonzo going to be effective unless Lebron plays off-ball. Not even a top 5 coach. Whose even the second best guy on the Lakers, Ingram or Kuzma? Thinking that team is going to run the Super West is putting a LOT on Lebron.

The Lakers are second best in the West, Las Vegas said it!

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Atrocious trade for OKC

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:21 PM

I don't think Melo comes here unless he's willing to play the role Morey and D'Antoni have asked him to play. If they talked to him already, I'm going to assume they've explained what their expectations are for him if he comes to Houston.

I agree that the best place for Melo in a Rockets jersey is to come off the bench. CP3, Gordon and Melo has the potential to be the most dangerous second unit offensively in all of basketball. But I think his best spot on the floor at this point in his career is the 4, not the 3. And Tucker earned that starting spot last season. I think it's more likely right now that Ennis plays the starting SF spot.

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2018, 06:22 PM

Rocket fans will find out the hard way

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Atrocious trade for OKC

From a pure asset for asset standpoint, I actually think OKC did a pretty good job. They dumped a bad contract and took on a less bad contract from a young guy with real potential. The problem is more from a fit standpoint. But given Presti's ability to move players in recent seasons, I wouldn't doubt his ability to move Schroder mid-season or next summer if that ends up not working out on the court.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Rocket fans will find out the hard way

Look, I've said it all summer long: I personally don't really care for Melo anymore, but if Morey believes in the guy, I trust his judgment. If it doesn't work out, I won't be surprised. But I also think Daryl has earned the benefit of the doubt as an evaluator of talent and fit after a decade of proving doubters wrong.

infinity2152
07-19-2018, 06:34 PM
From a pure asset for asset standpoint, I actually think OKC did a pretty good job. They dumped a bad contract and took on a less bad contract from a young guy with real potential. The problem is more from a fit standpoint. But given Presti's ability to move players in recent seasons, I wouldn't doubt his ability to move Schroder mid-season or next summer if that ends up not working out on the court.

Actually they dumped a bad contract and took a worse one, Schroders contract will be on their cap for the next three years. If saving on the luxury tax was the primary concern, they certainly should have done better than using a first and taking back 20 mill. Add in the fit, and it makes it way worse. They could have gotten WAY more cap savings dealing with Chicago before they signed Parker. Russ and Scroder will be the worst 3pt shooting backcourt in NBA history.

warfelg
07-19-2018, 06:36 PM

infinity2152
07-19-2018, 06:44 PM
This Melo hate is crazy. The thought that PJ Tucker or Ennis is better than MELO??? Playing with two of the best playmakers of our generation? In an offense built to score?? Really must be a bunch of young guys here, Melo is a GREAT scorer, he was a horrible fit next to Westbrook, and Porzingas prevented him from really playing the 4. Plus their offense sucked, and point guards sucked. Houston's game plan is to outscore everybody. Being able to have 3 of Paul, Gordon, Harden, Melo on the floor at all times is insane offensively, and you could stagger two good defenders, not including Paul.

c.c.
07-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Actually they dumped a bad contract and took a worse one, Schroders contract will be on their cap for the next three years. If saving on the luxury tax was the primary concern, they certainly should have done better than using a first and taking back 20 mill. Add in the fit, and it makes it way worse. They could have gotten WAY more cap savings dealing with Chicago before they signed Parker. Russ and Scroder will be the worst 3pt shooting backcourt in NBA history.

Haha! ďThe worst shooting background in NBA history.Ē

c.c.
07-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Where Flashbolt? I wanna know his opinion

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Where Flashbolt? I wanna know his opinion

Banned finally

c.c.
07-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Banned finally

Are you serious?

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 07:03 PM
Houston is the 2nd best team, im interested in SA now that they replaced Green with Derozan from last years squad. They could make things interesting. LeBron got smacked twice by the Rockets last year, I think at best he could force 7 but I donít think they can beat the Rockets.

WaDe03
Are you serious?

Yea Iím sure heíll be back soon though

WaDe03
Iím being generous with the forcing 7 comment btw.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 07:05 PM
Paul/Gordon
Harden/Green
Melo/Ennis
Tucker/idk
Capela/Nene

Very solid.

Wouldnít mind seeing this though

Paul/Gordon
Harden/Green
Ennis/Melo
Tucker/Melo
Capela/Nene

Leftcoast_yg
07-19-2018, 07:16 PM
CP3- age 33
Harden- age 28
Melo- age 34
PJ Tucker- age 33

Gordon- age 29
Nene- age 35
Anderson- age 30
MCW- age 26

Don't forget about run for the 3 pt line antoni and play 48 minutes

Leftcoast_yg
07-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Banned finally

Lol finally

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs

Thatís the top 3 in the West, next tier you have:

Thunder
Lakers
Blazers
Jazz
Pelicans
Wolves
Nuggets

Canít really put any of them significantly better than the other

beasted86
07-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Banned finally
I hope his butthurt can finally heal properly with time off.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 07:32 PM
I hope his butthurt can finally heal properly with time off.

😂

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Love the move by the Hawks. Muscala is the only player I know in the reroute so I guess I like it for Philly too. Schroeder isn't worth 1/3 the money he's getting. I don't know how he keeps fooling people. OKC loses big time, they should have just stretched Melo and kept the pick. HOU probably loses too if they cut Tucker's minutes for Melo.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2018, 07:45 PM
when you add melo you just became worse... This is going to be hilarious... The winners of this trade are the warriors/lakers/okc.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Love the move by the Hawks. Muscala is the only player I know in the reroute so I guess I like it for Philly too. Schroeder isn't worth 1/3 the money he's getting. I don't know how he keeps fooling people. OKC loses big time, they should have just stretched Melo and kept the pick. HOU probably loses too if they cut Tucker's minutes for Melo.

I wouldnít go that far on Schroder 20-6 at 24 and has improved every season heís been in the league and now heís in a backup PG role where he should do even better efficiency wise. Teague was an all star when Schroder stole his starting job.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 08:16 PM
I wouldnít go that far on Schroder 20-6 at 24 and has improved every season heís been in the league and now heís in a backup PG role where he should do even better efficiency wise. Teague was an all star when Schroder stole his starting job.

He was the PG on a crap team with no offensive strategy, so he took all the shots he wanted. 20/6 means absolutely nothing. He does nothing well. Like I said, he's been fooling people for 5 years now.

numba1CHANGsta
07-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Yep, but I don't care.

Man you look so foolish right now lmao 😂 😂 😂

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 08:23 PM
He was the PG on a crap team with no offensive strategy, so he took all the shots he wanted. 20/6 means absolutely nothing. He does nothing well. Like I said, he's been fooling people for 5 years now.

He was good enough when he came off the bench for The Hawks to take an all stars job so I guess weíll see. Heís improved every year though and is still only 24. Definitely worth more than 1/3 of his current contract.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 08:25 PM

Iíll say they do, whoís going to beat them? Only team with a chance is the Spurs, Warriors will be on the opposite side of the bracket.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 08:36 PM
He was good enough when he came off the bench for The Hawks to take an all stars job so I guess weíll see. Heís improved every year though and is still only 24. Definitely worth more than 1/3 of his current contract.

That ignores the multiple reasons why they moved on from Teague. You're literally giving him all the credit. He's trash and any team that gets him got suckered.

sep11ie
07-19-2018, 08:42 PM

Dude. Your team is gonna be the reason LeBron will never reach the finals again.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs

Thatís the top 3 in the West, next tier you have:

Thunder
Lakers
Blazers
Jazz
Pelicans
Wolves
Nuggets

Canít really put any of them significantly better than the other

Cant really understand why you put Spurs in that Top Tier. Derozan is solid, LA is inconsistent, Gasol is old and washed up, Murray is unproven. I know Pop is the man but Spurs are in that next tier with the Lakers and Thunder IMO.

Vinylman
07-19-2018, 08:51 PM

bingo

Jeffy25
07-19-2018, 08:53 PM
I don't get this for either team, at all.

Jeffy25
07-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Okay, so reset here.

Melo got waived?

Why did ATL want to get rid of Schroder so bad?

The first pick in 2022 is the real value here, but OKC did actually recoup value for Anthony. Good on them.

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2018, 09:05 PM
Okay, so reset here.

Melo got waived?

The first pick in 2022 is the real value here, but OKC did actually recoup value for Anthony. Good on them.

This is the way I see it as well. OKC 3rd best team out west IMO.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Okay, so reset here.

Melo got waived?

Rebuilding. DRafted Trae Young, probably going to give him the reigns. Schroder wanted out and pretty much said he wanted to play for a contender.

Vinylman
07-19-2018, 09:14 PM
Rebuilding. DRafted Trae Young, probably going to give him the reigns. Schroder wanted out and pretty much said he wanted to play for a contender.

Schroeder was getting old... I mean giving up on a 24 year old isn't a sign of what they think about his skills lol

dude is dogshiet

Westbrook36
07-19-2018, 09:22 PM

Stretching Melo takes up 9M per year anyway that is unmovable. Schroder can possibly be moved if he plays a more well rounded game in less minutes.

At the very least he's someone who can create his own shot and score the ball..Something the Thunder could use off the bench

bleedprple&gold
07-19-2018, 09:30 PM
Stretching Melo takes up 9M per year anyway that is unmovable. Schroder can possibly be moved if he plays a more well rounded game in less minutes.

At the very least he's someone who can create his own shot and score the ball..Something the Thunder could use off the bench

Exactly. Essentially they are getting Schroder for about 6M since that's the difference between his salary and what they would have to pay Melo by stretching him. Not a bad deal for OKC regardless of his fit and a much better option than the dead money that would result from stretching Melo.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-19-2018, 09:36 PM
Well him and Teague played a pretty similar game except Schroder was cheaper. Hawks really had no offensive options last year. I wouldnt call him Dogs*** but he certainly wasnt worth the extension we gave him

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 09:50 PM
That ignores the multiple reasons why they moved on from Teague. You're literally giving him all the credit. He's trash and any team that gets him got suckered.

Heís way better than youíre giving him credit for. Heís better than Kemba Walker was when he was 24 and as I said, getting better each year. Heís far from trash.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 09:52 PM
Cant really understand why you put Spurs in that Top Tier. Derozan is solid, LA is inconsistent, Gasol is old and washed up, Murray is unproven. I know Pop is the man but Spurs are in that next tier with the Lakers and Thunder IMO.

I think they finish with 55 plus wins. Maybe I shouldíve had them in a tier by themselves but I threw them up with the other 2 because I donít see anyone but Houston or GS beating them.

Scoots
07-19-2018, 09:56 PM
Okay, so reset here.

Melo got waived?

Not yet.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Heís way better than youíre giving him credit for. Heís better than Kemba Walker was when he was 24 and as I said, getting better each year. Heís far from trash.

You keep saying that, but you haven't shown it. The only thing that's gone up every year is his points per game, and SURPRISE it happens to coincide with him taking more shots. Not shooting better, because his shooting is inconsistent and was TERRIBLE last year, even for him. No, the only thing he's gotten better at is taking more bad shots and fooling people into thinking he's worth anything. Yay points!

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 10:03 PM
You keep saying that, but you haven't shown it. The only thing that's gone up every year is his points per game, and SURPRISE it happens to coincide with him taking more shots. Not shooting better, because his shooting is inconsistent and was TERRIBLE last year, even for him. No, the only thing he's gotten better at is taking more bad shots and fooling people into thinking he's worth anything. Yay points!

Name 5 better backup PGs

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Sixers May be getting Korver for Bayless and thatís what could be holding up this deal from being completed is what Iím seeing.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 10:10 PM
Name 5 better backup PGs

HE MAKES $15M PER YEAR. If he were making $5M I wouldn't care at all, at least he's not killing your cap and can rot on the bench.

So are we excluding the 30 starting PGs then? Because they're all clearly better than him. You were literally just arguing that he's better than an all star because he took Teague's slot. Now we're comparing him to backups?

TJ McConnell, Fred VanVleet, Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart, Lou Williams. All those guys make less than him too, even Smart who just got paid and at least has an NBA level skill.

Now explain why he's better than I say he is.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2018, 10:10 PM
i just dont get it. Why do you people continue to think melo/rose etc add any type of positive value to any team? When melo was traded to okc a few of us said he would be ****ing horrible while most said na he is bad because of the knicks and now he will finally be good

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Name 5 better backup PGs

So you donít mind having a cancer thatís making 15 mill?

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 10:27 PM
HE MAKES $15M PER YEAR. If he were making $5M I wouldn't care at all, at least he's not killing your cap and can rot on the bench.

So are we excluding the 30 starting PGs then? Because they're all clearly better than him. You were literally just arguing that he's better than an all star because he took Teague's slot. Now we're comparing him to backups?

TJ McConnell, Fred VanVleet, Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart, Lou Williams. All those guys make less than him too, even Smart who just got paid and at least has an NBA level skill.

Marcus smart and Lou Will are shooting guards, lol at TJ McConnell and Fred, thatís hilarious. Iíll give you Rozier, heís goig to get paid.

Heíd be the best PG on the following:

Hawks
Lakers
Pacers
Knicks
Nets
Bulls
Magic
Suns
Cavs
Pistons
Clippers
Twolves (took teagues job once already)

To say every starting PG is easily better is crazy. Is Kemba walker trash because he didnít peak at 24?

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 10:28 PM
So you donít mind having a cancer thatís making 15 mill?

Better than a cancer making 30M who refuses to come off the bench and buy in to his role. Schroder is actually excited about his role leading the bench.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Marcus smart and Lou Will are shooting guards, lol at TJ McConnell and Fred, thatís hilarious. Iíll give you Rozier, heís goig to get paid.

Hawks
Lakers
Pacers
Knicks
Nets
Bulls
Magic
Suns
Cavs
Pistons
Clippers

To say every starting PG is easily better is crazy. Is Kemba walker trash because he didnít peak at 24?

Again, you're just stating that you think he's better. You're not proving anything.

Are you saying that he -might- be better one day? Because he's not better than any of those guys now. He doesn't have an NBA level skill, right now.

Scoots
07-19-2018, 10:35 PM

Shabazz, Ish, Patty, and Shaun.

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Better than a cancer making 30M who refuses to come off the bench and buy in to his role. Schroder is actually excited about his role leading the bench.

He was also excited about getting a contract extension then proceeded to act like an *******

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2018, 10:47 PM
I rather have Raymond Felton as my back up

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 10:59 PM

Hawks
Lakers
Pacers
Knicks
Nets
Bulls
Magic
Suns
Cavs
Pistons
Clippers

I'm bored. Lou and Marcus are both listed as PG/SG, they play minutes at both. They are backup PGs.

As for the 2nd part of your statement, let's take a look at a few of those:

Name
P/36
A/36
S/36
TO/36
2pt%
3pt%

Schroder

Collison*

T Burke

Dinwiddie

Augustin

* led the league in 3pt% and Ast:TO ratio.

You think Schroder's better than those guys? Really?

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm bored. Lou and Marcus are both listed as PG/SG, they play minutes at both. They are backup PGs.

As for the 2nd part of your statement, let's take a look at a few of those:

Name
P/36
A/36
S/36
TO/36
2pt%
3pt%

Schroder

Collison*

T Burke

Dinwiddie

Augustin

* led the league in 3pt% and Ast:TO ratio.

You think Schroder's better than those guys? Really?

Schroder is better than all those guys listed, collision is the only debatable one.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:05 PM
I rather have Raymond Felton as my back up

Youíre the only one.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:05 PM
He was also excited about getting a contract extension then proceeded to act like an *******

He doesnít like losing.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Shabazz, Ish, Patty, and Shaun.

Patty was one I was thinking of, thatís a possibility and they make near the same. No to the others

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Again, you're just stating that you think he's better. You're not proving anything.

Are you saying that he -might- be better one day? Because he's not better than any of those guys now. He doesn't have an NBA level skill, right now.

Iím sayibg heís better right now, one day he may be Kemba walker level.

So youíre saying just about every PG in the league could do what he did as a back up and then as a starter? Thatís ridiculous

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Schroder is better than all those guys listed, collision is the only debatable one.

Debatable? Collison blows him out of the water. The entire list does. I'm really surprised by Trey Burke, he killed it last year. He beats Schroder in every statistical category by a wide margin EXCEPT points scored, and you still somehow think Schroder is better?

You have not provided one factual statement to suggest Schroder is even remotely competent. All you said is "I think he's better than a lot of guys" and credited him for Atlanta not wanting to pay a max contract to Teague.

WaDe03
As for NBA level skills, heís an nba level playmaker and heís a very good pick n roll player. Solid at attacking the basket, his jump shot is streaky so that should be his biggest focus.

IndyRealist
Iím sayibg heís better right now, one day he may be Kemba walker level.

So youíre saying just about every PG in the league could do what he did as a back up and then as a starter? Thatís ridiculous

Still not providing any evidence whatsoever, just keep trying to turn it around on me.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:11 PM
Debatable? Collison blows him out of the water. The entire list does. I'm really surprised by Trey Burke, he killed it last year. He beats Schroder in every statistical category by a wide margin EXCEPT points scored, and you still somehow think Schroder is better?

You have not provided one factual statement to suggest Schroder is even remotely competent. All you said is "I think he's better than a lot of guys" and credited him for Atlanta not wanting to pay a max contract to Teague.

If you can sit there and watch a game and say Burke is better than Schroder than thereís literally no hope for you whenís it comes to evaluating talent.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:13 PM
Still not providing any evidence whatsoever, just keep trying to turn it around on me.

The only evidence I need is to watch them play, the advanced stats and **** I donít care about. Wade was better than LeBron and more impactful last year for the Cavs because his net rating was much higher.

I guarantee thereís people who think the Spurs wouldíve been better off keeping Green over Derozan because of his shooting and defense. The way the game is judged today is terrible.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 11:18 PM
The only evidence I need is to watch them play, the advanced stats and **** I donít care about. Wade was better than LeBron and more impactful last year for the Cavs because his net rating was much higher.

I guarantee thereís people who think the Spurs wouldíve been better off keeping Green over Derozan because of his shooting and defense. The way the game is judged today is terrible.

Shooting percentages are only advanced for some people.

I'm messing with you, I'm just bored and picked a fight. Dennis Schroder doesn't matter, and I'd be really surprised if he ever does.

WaDe03
07-19-2018, 11:20 PM

I'm messing with you, I'm just bored and picked a fight. Dennis Schroder doesn't matter, and I'd be really surprised if he ever does.

Weíll see this year, he could be a big difference maker for the thunder. That bench needs all the help it can get.

IndyRealist
07-19-2018, 11:21 PM
Weíll see this year, he could be a big difference maker for the thunder. That bench needs all the help it can get.

That is 100% true.

mightybosstone
07-19-2018, 11:40 PM
I knew basketball takes weren't your strength, but apparently reading comprehension and trolling aren't either.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 12:30 AM
I knew basketball takes weren't your strength, but apparently reading comprehension and trolling aren't either.

You seem hurt he didn't pick Houston to go to the WCF. What can you back I bbn up with other than last season? Older CP3 and No Ariza. How exactly have they gotten better?

Scoots
07-20-2018, 01:03 AM

I was about to point out that there is no point in debate with some users :)

I've liked Collison for a while, but I didn't know he was that good last year.

Kyben36
07-20-2018, 02:02 AM
OKC is going to pay 44 million for a backup PG. and yes, those numbers are correct. they would have saved 44 million more by Cutting and Stretching melo. IF you dont beleive me, feel free to Follow this chart. it shows the OKC Thunder Pre Trade. With Schroder trade. and How much it would have cost them had they just stretched Melo.

http://i67.tinypic.com/im8nmd.jpg

Its absolutely absurd to me that a team would pay 44 mil more for a backup PG.

if the Picture is not clear, here is also a link to the image.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=im8nmd&s=9#.W1F4QPZFy71

metswon69
07-20-2018, 02:10 AM
Watch Melo take the minimum to play for the Warriors lol.

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 08:12 AM
You seem hurt he didn't pick Houston to go to the WCF. What can you back I bbn up with other than last season? Older CP3 and No Ariza. How exactly have they gotten better?
I'm not hurt at all. He's entitled to his opinion, but guarantees in July are just flat out stupid. Also, when did I say they got better? They don't have to be better than past season to make the WCF. They were unequivocally one of the two best teams in the NBA last year. So if they're only as good as last season, then why is it crazy to suggest they could equal last season's outcome?

You've go to be a dupe account, btw. You've been here like two days, and you've used a good chunk of your posts debating every word I say.

Jeffy25
07-20-2018, 08:14 AM
OKC is going to pay 44 million for a backup PG. and yes, those numbers are correct. they would have saved 44 million more by Cutting and Stretching melo. IF you dont beleive me, feel free to Follow this chart. it shows the OKC Thunder Pre Trade. With Schroder trade. and How much it would have cost them had they just stretched Melo.

http://i67.tinypic.com/im8nmd.jpg

Its absolutely absurd to me that a team would pay 44 mil more for a backup PG.

if the Picture is not clear, here is also a link to the image.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=im8nmd&s=9#.W1F4QPZFy71

Doesn't this sort of assume that Melo would be willing to be stretched and how that pay out would have worked?

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Doesn't this sort of assume that Melo would be willing to be stretched and how that pay out would have worked?

Melo wouldn't have had a choice. Stretch is a provision in the CBA.

Jeffy25
07-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Melo wouldn't have had a choice. Stretch is a provision in the CBA.

Oh, I was unaware. I thought it was a re-negotiation with the player.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/12/hoops-rumors-glossary-stretch-provision.html
Now I know.

TheDish87
07-20-2018, 08:48 AM
love this for OKC. They just got a whole lot better as a team. Schorder off the bench will be in the running for 6MOY.

beasted86
07-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Schroder is a really nice young PG. I wanted him on the HEAT in a trade of Tyler Johnson and some fillers.

Who cares what the Thunder are paying him via luxury tax. Previously they had nobody to give them 15 PPG off the bench and carry the 2nd team. Now they do. At like $13M less than they were going to pay Anthony to try and persuade him to do the same thing.

KnicksorBust
07-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Why do we as fans care about how much a team pays in luxury tax?

KnicksorBust
07-20-2018, 08:58 AM
LoveNice move by ATL getting out of Schroder's deal. He doesn't make sense for them anymore and now they can throw Trae out there and see what they got.

TheDish87
07-20-2018, 09:14 AM

right? how often has OKC been ripped for being cheap going back to Harden? Now they shed a a terrible player and even worse contract to save money while finding a strong replacement (whose very tradable). People just like to find things to complain about.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 09:31 AM
I'm not hurt at all. He's entitled to his opinion, but guarantees in July are just flat out stupid. Also, when did I say they got better? They don't have to be better than past season to make the WCF. They were unequivocally one of the two best teams in the NBA last year. So if they're only as good as last season, then why is it crazy to suggest they could equal last season's outcome?

You've go to be a dupe account, btw. You've been here like two days, and you've used a good chunk of your posts debating every word I say.

How are they the same as last season? They got worse at guarding the perimeter and lost one of there 3 point shooters.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I was about to point out that there is no point in debate with some users :)

I've liked Collison for a while, but I didn't know he was that good last year.

If per 36 is your only debate youíre damn right there isnít. You should take your job as a mod a little more serious, seem to be turning into a troll.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Watch it with the Schroder compliments guys, heís not even a top 100 PG in the league.

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Name 5 better backup PGs

name 5 back ups making $15 million per year...

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 09:51 AM

well then why did they give up on him for a salary dump if he is on kemba walker tract?

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 09:53 AM

lol

wade getting owned

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
well then why did they give up on him for a salary dump if he is on kemba walker tract?

Because they drafted a PG with very high potential and wanted to go full rebuild. Heís better than Kemba was, well see if he continues to improve.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:54 AM

So when you all canít name any that are better you bring up money

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:54 AM
lol

wade getting owned

Majority of his argument there is wrong lol

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Patty and Smart are making about 13M heís just as good if not better than both of them.

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 10:01 AM

melo is irrelevant to the stretching... OKC can do whatever they want...

Only thing melo could have impacted was a buyout... which makes the Schroeder acquisition worse since the number for melo would only have gone down which increases the impact of taking on Schroeder

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 10:05 AM
So when you all canít name any that are better you bring up money

you are beyond ignorant on this topic...

the list has already been provided and probably can be expanded if you like...

Schroeder is trash... ATL has a 24 year old PG and decided to take a PG in the draft to replace him... sorry if we value the teams evaluation of their players more than your evaluation.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 10:11 AM
you are beyond ignorant on this topic...

the list has already been provided and probably can be expanded if you like...

Schroeder is trash... ATL has a 24 year old PG and decided to take a PG in the draft to replace him... sorry if we value the teams evaluation of their players more than your evaluation.

The list was garbage. They drafted what many are calling the next Curry who has a ton of potential over Schroder. Thatís why they moved on, that and probably the off the court stuff that went down. Not because heís trash. If heís trash 300+ nba players are trash.

Itís crazy what you can be called ignorant for. Iím literally arguing with guys who think trey Burke is better than Schroder because of per 36 numbers, Iím arguing with a guy in another thread who says Avery Bradley is a terrible offensive and defensive player, Iím arguing with guys that Derozan is a very good player (all nba 2nd team). You literally canít make this **** up, I have no clue what has messed up everyoneís line of thinking when it comes to evaluating talent but itís baffling.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2018, 10:16 AM
He doesnít like losing.

So that justify acting like a *****?

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2018, 10:36 AM
SchrŲder will make a nice sixth man murdering the other team's second unit.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2018, 10:38 AM
SchrŲder will make a nice sixth man murdering the other team's second unit.

Too bad theyíll be murdering him on the other end

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Too bad theyíll be murdering him on the other end

Remember when you said you would take Frank and Willy over Kyrie and wouldnít trade them for him?

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 10:42 AM
How are they the same as last season? They got worse at guarding the perimeter and lost one of there 3 point shooters.

So their five best, most important players to the roster (Harden, Paul, Capela, Gordon and Tucker) are all going to be back next season. Losing Ariza is tough, but I don't think his production was quite as important to the team as everyone else seems to think. And Mbah a Mouteówhile key in the regular seasonómissed a huge chunk of the year and was useless in the postseason.

Adding a young 3 and D wing like Ennis and a versatile scoring forward like Melo won't provide the exact same kind of production as last season. Right now, I have no clue what that rotation will look like or how their team dynamic is going to change. But I don't think losing Ariza is some massive loss as long as those new additions can contribute and hit 3s at a consistent rate. And I certainly don't think you can look at this team (assuming Capela re-signs and Melo is added) and tell me without a doubt that they're going to be worse.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Remember when you said you would take Frank and Willy over Kyrie and wouldnít trade them for him?

Yeah I still wouldnít since thereís a possibility he might come here to play along side with Frank, and our top picks... remember when I told you Wade was finished before the start of the season?

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Yeah I still wouldnít since thereís a possibility he might come here to play along side with Frank, and our top picks... remember when I told you Wade was finished before the start of the season?

If there wasnít that possibility you definitely would and that wasnít a possibility when you said it.

Yea I do, did you see how he won the Cavs multiple games off the bench (Cavs fans will back that) and was the most impactful player on the team and 2nd best player. Or how he played pretty well in the playoffs? Far from finished, anything else dumb you said that we can call out while weíre at it?

Scoots
07-20-2018, 10:48 AM
SchrŲder is an undersized SG (very limited PG skills) who doesn't play D ... Isaiah Thomas will do a better job of that for you for $2M.

He's not worthless, but he's far from great.

TheDish87
07-20-2018, 11:10 AM

who cares? hes a starting caliber player anyway.

ewing
07-20-2018, 11:12 AM

I have no idea

ewing
07-20-2018, 11:17 AM
SchrŲder is an undersized SG (very limited PG skills) who doesn't play D ... Isaiah Thomas will do a better job of that for you for $2M.

He's not worthless, but he's far from great.

I disagree. Schroder isn't great but he isn't a shooting guard either. Dude provides a lot of pace and is good with the ball. He is definitely a PG. Like Victor I think his offensive output will be limited by Westbrook but like Victor i think having two guard that quick puts a lot of pressure on defenses. To bad I don't think he can pressure up on D like Victor.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:24 AM

This and he was the best player on the Hawks.

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 11:40 AM

So you get butthurt cuz i said the Rockets wont make the WCF yet you just admitted that you dont think they will make the WCF, do you have a bipolar disorder? 😂😂😂😂😂

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:46 AM
So you get butthurt cuz i said the Rockets wont make the WCF yet you just admitted that you dont think they will make the WCF, do you have a bipolar disorder? 😂😂😂😂😂

He didnít say they wouldnít make it. The only 2 teams with a chance of beating them are the Warriors and Spurs and theyíll more than likely have to go through 1 of them to get there. Unless of course they get the 1st seed again, then theyíre basically a lock.

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 11:47 AM

not surprised you don't understand value and how it relates to roster construction.

cheetos185
07-20-2018, 11:50 AM
I think the trade was decent but never understood why some ppl treat Presti like God he got handed probably the greatest trio of superstar and he couldn't win one championship. I don't think Presti is on same level as Morey, Ainge or Bud he's overrated.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 11:56 AM
He didnít say they wouldnít make it. The only 2 teams with a chance of beating them are the Warriors and Spurs and theyíll more than likely have to go through 1 of them to get there. Unless of course they get the 1st seed again, then theyíre basically a lock.

They're not gonna make it due to injuries, age, fatigue, etc. If you guys are so confident then lets make a sign bet

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 11:57 AM
They're not gonna make it due to injuries, age, fatigue, etc. If you guys are so confident then lets make a sign bet

Iíll make one, idgaf about a sig lol. Theyíre literally 1 year older, itís not like theyíre just going to completely fall off lol.

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 12:06 PM
The list was garbage. They drafted what many are calling the next Curry who has a ton of potential over Schroder. Thatís why they moved on, that and probably the off the court stuff that went down. Not because heís trash. If heís trash 300+ nba players are trash.

Itís crazy what you can be called ignorant for. Iím literally arguing with guys who think trey Burke is better than Schroder because of per 36 numbers, Iím arguing with a guy in another thread who says Avery Bradley is a terrible offensive and defensive player, Iím arguing with guys that Derozan is a very good player (all nba 2nd team). You literally canít make this **** up, I have no clue what has messed up everyoneís line of thinking when it comes to evaluating talent but itís baffling.

conflating is the sign of a weak argument... providing comps for guys to be a the equivalent of a two time MVP is even weaker... cherry picking one guy out of a list to criticize while possibly accurate is statistically irrelevant.

Your argument for Schroeder is laughable on its face. You have been provided enough statistical information to prove this point. If you want to make an argument for him supply something other than eye test analysis... if that is all you have to offer I might suggest you send your resume to mitch in Charlotte Ö he is in the process of hiring NBA dinosaur analysts right now and based upon your posts you would probably be his first choice

Again, Schroeder is highly ineffective and his numbers you point to are purely usage driven.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:14 PM
conflating is the sign of a weak argument... providing comps for guys to be a the equivalent of a two time MVP is even weaker... cherry picking one guy out of a list to criticize while possibly accurate is statistically irrelevant.

Your argument for Schroeder is laughable on its face. You have been provided enough statistical information to prove this point. If you want to make an argument for him supply something other than eye test analysis... if that is all you have to offer I might suggest you send your resume to mitch in Charlotte Ö he is in the process of hiring NBA dinosaur analysts right now and based upon your posts you would probably be his first choice

Again, Schroeder is highly ineffective and his numbers you point to are purely usage driven.

The only argument against me has been per 36 lmao! If you think every starting PG and majority of the backup PGs in the league are better then you donít know the game and itís literally that simple. Itís well known you guys really only understand what advanced stats tell you though.

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 12:18 PM
The only argument against me has been per 36 lmao! If you think every starting PG and majority of the backup PGs in the league are better then you donít know the game and itís literally that simple. Itís well known you guys really only understand what advanced stats tell you though.

what stat do you want to use VORP WS WS/48 ?

What you fail to understand is that you haven't even made an argument for the guy... you have added nothing to the conversation other than pontificating about your legendary (in your own mind) eye test.

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Iíll make one, idgaf about a sig lol. Theyíre literally 1 year older, itís not like theyíre just going to completely fall off lol.

completely fall off? all i'm saying is that they won't make it to the WCF, and by the way you and Mightymouse say I dont have evidence to back up my opinion? where's the evidence to back up the Rockets are a lock for the WCF? just because they made it last year doesn't guarantee they will make it again, a lot can happen between now and then so you two keep contradicting yourselves

TheDish87
07-20-2018, 12:21 PM
not surprised you don't understand value and how it relates to roster construction.

they upgraded from Melo with a young player taking on a role he will likely succeed in and has a very tradeable contract. why would you care about the tax dollars involved?

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 12:22 PM
completely fall off? all i'm saying is that they won't make it to the WCF, and by the way you and Mightymouse say I dont have evidence to back up my opinion? where's the evidence to back up the Rockets are a lock for the WCF? just because they made it last year doesn't guarantee they will make it again, a lot can happen between now and then so you two keep contradicting yourselves

don't worry... he has a legendary eye test... it tells him all he needs to know.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2018, 12:26 PM
If there wasnít that possibility you definitely would and that wasnít a possibility when you said it.

Yea I do, did you see how he won the Cavs multiple games off the bench (Cavs fans will back that) and was the most impactful player on the team and 2nd best player. Or how he played pretty well in the playoffs? Far from finished, anything else dumb you said that we can call out while weíre at it?

:laugh: he shot 40% and was so bad to the point his best friend wanted him gone, not to mention he wasnít even good enough to start on his heat lol

Vinylman
07-20-2018, 12:28 PM
they upgraded from Melo with a young player taking on a role he will likely succeed in and has a very tradeable contract. why would you care about the tax dollars involved?

lol

this will work out no different than reggie Jackson did trying to play on the floor with Westie and Reggie didn't need the ball in his hands as much as Schroeder.

You do understand that westie isn't playing less than 36 minutes a game so the most Schroeder will ever be on the floor without him is 12 minutes a game. Who is gonna guard anyone when him and westie are on the floor? You do understand why Roberson plays alongside Westie... right?

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:31 PM
:laugh: he shot 40% and was so bad to the point his best friend wanted him gone, not to mention he wasnít even good enough to start on his heat lol

Yea you have no clue what youíre talking about. Vee-Rex, the Cavs nation GOAT will tell you at worst he was their 3rd best player when he was there and Vee-Rex and LeBron both said they wish they had him in the finals. Donít comment on things you donít know about.

6 man was a new role for him, he was definitely good enough to start for the HEat. He was their best player in the playoffs and the only reason why they got a win.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:33 PM
what stat do you want to use VORP WS WS/48 ?

What you fail to understand is that you haven't even made an argument for the guy... you have added nothing to the conversation other than pontificating about your legendary (in your own mind) eye test.

VORP was telling people JR was better than Booker or year or so ago lmao!

The advanced stats era is ****, gives those who didnít play a false sense of knowledge.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:34 PM
don't worry... he has a legendary eye test... it tells him all he needs to know.

Iíve done far more with the game than anyone here and I guarantee that. I would say thereís a reason for it. Gods gifts and knowing my ****.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 12:36 PM

If youíre banking on injuries thatís just dumb. Other than SA and GS who has a chance to beat them in a series? Donít say the Lakers.

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 12:46 PM
If youíre banking on injuries thatís just dumb. Other than SA and GS who has a chance to beat them in a series? Donít say the Lakers.

Thunder, maybe Jazz, and yes the Lakers, you guys are truly undervaluing the young talent the Lakers have, yet you guys worship the young players on the Sixers and Celtics. The youth with experience and now LeBron leading them gives them a chance to beat anyone out West except for the Warriors. LeBron took that Cavs team all the way to the Finals, and many of you guys said if HOU made the Finals that CLE would have a better chance of winning. So, with LeBron having a better squad now who's younger, athletic, versatile, and who can fully contribute to the team now, why cant Lakers beat an older HOU team? and yes I am banking on injuries, that system is gonna wear and tear that team.

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Yeah, you're kinda making my point for me on the whole "poor reading comprehension" thing, chief.

What I said was that it's not a lock that the Rockets will make the WCF. If I had to put money on it right now to pick the two WCF teams next year, would I pick Golden State and Houston? Absolutely. But that's not my point, which you're completely missing.

My point is that it's ignorant to make bold guarantees in July based on as little evidence as you have to support your claim. Do I think Houston will be in the WCF next season? Sure. But I wouldn't guarantee it. I'm not sig quoting you because I think it's a lock to happen. I'm sig quoting you because there's a damn good chance it will happen, and you're foolish to make such an absurd claim 10-11 months out.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Thunder, maybe Jazz, and yes the Lakers, you guys are truly undervaluing the young talent the Lakers have, yet you guys worship the young players on the Sixers and Celtics. The youth with experience and now LeBron leading them gives them a chance to beat anyone out West except for the Warriors. LeBron took that Cavs team all the way to the Finals, and many of you guys said if HOU made the Finals that CLE would have a better chance of winning. So, with LeBron having a better squad now who's younger, athletic, versatile, and who can fully contribute to the team now, why cant Lakers beat an older HOU team? and yes I am banking on injuries, that system is gonna wear and tear that team.

Smacked the Jazz last year after they smacked the Thunder and no to the Lakers lol. No one is as good as Love on that Lakers team and they have no experience whatsoever. LeBron was getting smacked in the finals regardless of who he played, Houston smacked them twice last year.

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 01:26 PM
Thunder, maybe Jazz,
Based on what? The Thunder couldn't beat the Jazz last season, who the Rockets easily dispatched in five games. Neither of those teams have improved enough on paper to suggest to me that they've closed the gap on Houston.

and yes the Lakers, you guys are truly undervaluing the young talent the Lakers have, yet you guys worship the young players on the Sixers and Celtics.
Wow, really? How about the fact that the young Sixers and Celtics both won 50-plus games, cracked the top 3 in the East and made playoff runs last season? The Lakers won 35 games and were a dozen games out of 8th place in the West. Comparing the Lakers talent last season to Boston and Philly, there's no question that they weren't remotely close to those two squads before the addition of Lebron.

The youth with experience and now LeBron leading them gives them a chance to beat anyone out West except for the Warriors.
I don't see this roster as being significantly better on paper to what the Cavs had, and that team was not remotely close to Houston's level. You're dealing in total hypotheticals here.

LeBron took that Cavs team all the way to the Finals, and many of you guys said if HOU made the Finals that CLE would have a better chance of winning.
I'm pretty sure no right-minded poster on PSD would have picked that Cavs team over the Rockets in a 7-game series assuming CP3 had been remotely healthy. Without Paul, OK, that's probably a pretty close series. But the Cavs were unquestionably a tier below Golden State and Houston last season. I think you'd be hard-pressed to prove otherwise.

So, with LeBron having a better squad now who's younger, athletic, versatile, and who can fully contribute to the team now, why cant Lakers beat an older HOU team?
Because they're inexperienced, they haven't played a second of NBA basketball together, they don't exactly fit like a glove on paper and, aside from Lebron, there isn't a second guy on that team who's anywhere remotely close to All-Star level. Outside of Lebron, I don't think there's a player on the Lakers who I'd put in the top 50 in the league. Houston has two, and (with Capela), you could make a strong case they have three.

and yes I am banking on injuries, that system is gonna wear and tear that team.
Then you're banking on something you can't bank on. I'm sorry, but that's totally nonsensical. As far as the system goes, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. You mean the system that saw the least amount of ball movement last season and least amount of movement overall of any team in the NBA? A system that allows Paul and Harden to take plays off while the other runs the floor? The system where they're constantly switching defensively so players aren't running around screens and chasing guys across the floor on every play? That system?

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Yeah, you're kinda making my point for me on the whole "poor reading comprehension" thing, chief.

What I said was that it's not a lock that the Rockets will make the WCF. If I had to put money on it right now to pick the two WCF teams next year, would I pick Golden State and Houston? Absolutely. But that's not my point, which you're completely missing.

My point is that it's ignorant to make bold guarantees in July based on as little evidence as you have to support your claim. Do I think Houston will be in the WCF next season? Sure. But I wouldn't guarantee it. I'm not sig quoting you because I think it's a lock to happen. I'm sig quoting you because there's a damn good chance it will happen, and you're foolish to make such an absurd claim 10-11 months out.

So it's absurd for me to claim they won't make it to the WCF, yet you're basically saying i'm wrong, which in other words you are technically saying they will make the WCF. And don't give me that evidence BS, i'm making a bold prediction and you're getting all butt hurt about it, at least I have the balls to say it and if they miss the WCF i want you to bend the knee 😉

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Based on what? The Thunder couldn't beat the Jazz last season, who the Rockets easily dispatched in five games. Neither of those teams have improved enough on paper to suggest to me that they've closed the gap on Houston.

Wow, really? How about the fact that the young Sixers and Celtics both won 50-plus games, cracked the top 3 in the East and made playoff runs last season? The Lakers won 35 games and were a dozen games out of 8th place in the West. Comparing the Lakers talent last season to Boston and Philly, there's no question that they weren't remotely close to those two squads before the addition of Lebron.

I don't see this roster as being significantly better on paper to what the Cavs had, and that team was not remotely close to Houston's level. You're dealing in total hypotheticals here.

I'm pretty sure no right-minded poster on PSD would have picked that Cavs team over the Rockets in a 7-game series assuming CP3 had been remotely healthy. Without Paul, OK, that's probably a pretty close series. But the Cavs were unquestionably a tier below Golden State and Houston last season. I think you'd be hard-pressed to prove otherwise.

Because they're inexperienced, they haven't played a second of NBA basketball together, they don't exactly fit like a glove on paper and, aside from Lebron, there isn't a second guy on that team who's anywhere remotely close to All-Star level. Outside of Lebron, I don't think there's a player on the Lakers who I'd put in the top 50 in the league. Houston has two, and (with Capela), you could make a strong case they have three.

Then you're banking on something you can't bank on. I'm sorry, but that's totally nonsensical. As far as the system goes, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. You mean the system that saw the least amount of ball movement last season and least amount of movement overall of any team in the NBA? A system that allows Paul and Harden to take plays off while the other runs the floor? The system where they're constantly switching defensively so players aren't running around screens and chasing guys across the floor on every play? That system?

Sorry I don't have time to read your paragraphs of BS. If you're going to take my opinion personally (which proves you're scared that I might possibly be right) then your opinion is just one giant turd to me 💩

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 01:50 PM
So it's absurd for me to claim they won't make it to the WCF, yet you're basically saying i'm wrong, which in other words you are technically saying they will make the WCF.
:facepalm: Dude, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying it's stupid to make a bold claim 10-11 months away when you have zero facts to support that claim. Houston just got done clearly proving to the world that they were the second best team in the West, and we have no idea how what will happen from a personnel standpoint between now and the trade deadline. I'm not saying that you'll necessarily wrong. I'm saying that, even if you end up being right, it's a stupid thing to guarantee in July.

And don't give me that evidence BS, i'm making a bold prediction and you're getting all butt hurt about it, at least I have the balls to say it and if they miss the WCF i want you to bend the knee 😉
It's not really a prediction. A prediction is "I think this will probably happen based on X, Y and Z." It's a hypothesis supported by fact and evidence. Your statement was more of a bold, blind guarantee with no evidence to support its claim.

Edit: And, no, I won't be "bending the knee" for you. Because if they don't make it, it won't be because you were some kind of sports genius. It will be because you made a blind guess nearly a year out and got lucky based on a series of events that you had zero prior knowledge of, control over or evidence to support.

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 02:20 PM
:facepalm: Dude, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying it's stupid to make a bold claim 10-11 months away when you have zero facts to support that claim. Houston just got done clearly proving to the world that they were the second best team in the West, and we have no idea how what will happen from a personnel standpoint between now and the trade deadline. I'm not saying that you'll necessarily wrong. I'm saying that, even if you end up being right, it's a stupid thing to guarantee in July.

It's not really a prediction. A prediction is "I think this will probably happen based on X, Y and Z." It's a hypothesis supported by fact and evidence. Your statement was more of a bold, blind guarantee with no evidence to support its claim.

Edit: And, no, I won't be "bending the knee" for you. Because if they don't make it, it won't be because you were some kind of sports genius. It will be because you made a blind guess nearly a year out and got lucky based on a series of events that you had zero prior knowledge of, control over or evidence to support.

Sooo are you calling everyone who makes bold predictions before a season starts stupid? LOL Damn you're one serious cat, you must be the life of every party 😂 and there is some knowledge to my prediction it's called history wanna know the last time and only time the Rockets went to back2back WCF's? back when a man named Olajuwon was on the team and they won back2back championships those years. So, yes I do have evidence and their chances of going back are slim unless they have a time machine 😂

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Sooo are you calling everyone who makes bold predictions before a season starts stupid? LOL Damn you're one serious cat, you must be the life of every party 😂 and there is some knowledge to my prediction it's called history wanna know the last time and only time the Rockets went to back2back WCF's? back when a man named Olajuwon was on the team and they won back2back championships those years. So, yes I do have evidence and their chances of going back are slim unless they have a time machine 😂

I think the Lakers are more likely to be 1st round exits than the Rockets are to not make the WCF.

Saddletramp
07-20-2018, 02:51 PM

I donít think that you know what the word ďevidenceĒ means.

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Prior to the Warriors going to four straight WCFs and winning three titles in four years, when was their last WCF appearance? History has almost no bearing on current performance, especially the way you're using it.

Based on your broken logic, when was the last time the Lakers made a WCF appearance? Like a decade ago? Because the Rockets have been twice in the last four years. If we're using previous performance as an indicator, I'd say that makes them FAR more likely to go than the Lakers. I'm willing to bet any competent fan would agree with me.

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 03:02 PM
I think the Lakers are more likely to be 1st round exits than the Rockets are to not make the WCF.

Sounds like a bet to me, put up or shut up

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a bet to me, put up or shut up

Just let me know

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Prior to the Warriors going to four straight WCFs and winning three titles in four years, when was their last WCF appearance? History has almost no bearing on current performance, especially the way you're using it.

Based on your broken logic, when was the last time the Lakers made a WCF appearance? Like a decade ago? Because the Rockets have been twice in the last four years. If we're using previous performance as an indicator, I'd say that makes them FAR more likely to go than the Lakers. I'm willing to bet any competent fan would agree with me.

blah blah blah just keep up that sig please so i can laugh at it next May 😂😂😂😂😂

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Just let me know

For which one tho? Lakers 1st round exit or Rockets not making the WCF?

numba1CHANGsta
07-20-2018, 03:49 PM
I donít think that you know what the word ďevidenceĒ means.

Vegas odds has the Lakers ahead of the Rockets so go say that to Vegas thanks 😁

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 04:09 PM

Garbage player, not good at anything.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
For which one tho? Lakers 1st round exit or Rockets not making the WCF?

Rockets not making the WCF.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 04:10 PM

Vegas is dumb.

mightybosstone
07-20-2018, 04:44 PM
blah blah blah just keep up that sig please so i can laugh at it next May 😂😂😂😂😂

Classic trolling technique:
- Avoids the discussion on the actual topic
- Completely avoids countering logical points he can't actually refute
- Uses condescending phrases or language to anger the person he's trolling
- Throws in a lot of emojis to patronize as much as possible

Your posts are starting to follow a pattern here, friend. You've got one thing right: we can certainly pick this conversation up again next season when the Rockets play great again and you like very foolish. I look forward to it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Saddletramp
07-20-2018, 04:57 PM

You still donít know what evidence means. Jeez, youíre embarrassing yourself.

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 05:13 PM

Garbage player, not good at anything.

PG on a crappy team chooses to take shots himself or get the flashy assist. That's exactly what that says. It's funny that Wade goes on a rant about how analytics are stupid and they are ruining sports analysis, BUT THEN QUOTES STATS WHEN HE THINKS THEY SUPPORT HIS VIEW.

Kyben36
07-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Nobody wanted the guy. Lol. Literally the best offer atlanta could get is an expiring and a late pick. I think that says something for anyone over rating him. As far as his fit. He cant be ob the floor with Westbrook. He isnt a SG and isnt a good shooter to compliment him. If u put Schroder Westbrook and Adams out there together u may strait up have the worst 3pt shooting team in the nba.

And the two of them both need the ball to work. And who do u think gets the ball. Westy or Schroder.

Hell Westbrook over hanfled the ball with olidipo which acounted for his struggles.

Any fan who thinks this works is a bad fan. Is schroder a good PG. Sure. Will be be a good backup. Sure but that is 15 minutes a game maybe. If westy is on the floor he is not going to help. So the OKC thunder paid 44 million more for a backup PG who is only valuable for 15 MPG. Insanely dumb move and schroder will likely cost the OKC thunder over 100 million over the course of the next 3 years if u factor in tax. And yes. Only 6 million in actual cap space does that much damage undee the repeater tax.

And to me. This move does not get then much closer. But hey fans. Go ahead and fook yourselfs that a PG u bassically got for a late round pick and cap space is an asset

Kyben36
07-20-2018, 05:22 PM
i saw the question why do fans care about lux tax and cost. And i will tell u. As a fan u should judge how your team operates and paying an extra 44 mil this year for a backup PG is insanley stupid. I know knicks fans may not care as they have done it before but then u say who cares about the noah signing or over paying Melo. These are bad moves and hurt your team financially. It may prevent then from signing other and the conpound tax rate when ir gets as high as they are at makes then pay around 25 mil for a 5 mil contract once u factor in tax.

Next year maybe A guy wants to come play for them. A solid player like ariza. But they say no because signing him would put 5x his contract strain on their roster and he isnt worth that. Lol

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 05:24 PM
PG on a crappy team chooses to take shots himself or get the flashy assist. That's exactly what that says. It's funny that Wade goes on a rant about how analytics are stupid and they are ruining sports analysis, BUT THEN QUOTES STATS WHEN HE THINKS THEY SUPPORT HIS VIEW.

Theyíre the only way to get through the non-athletes heads. It says they were a low iso team so itís not saying he takes it for himself all the time. Proof is in the pudding my friend, heís good.

IndyRealist
07-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Theyíre the only way to get through the non-athletes heads. It says they were a low iso team so itís not saying he takes it for himself all the time. Proof is in the pudding my friend, heís good.

It says he shoots out of PnR more than almost anyone, and that on a very small sample size he scored of iso most likely because they never do it so teams weren't expecting it. It's hypocritical to say analytics aren't valid, and then use analytics when you realize some of them make you look good.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 05:47 PM
It says he shoots out of PnR more than almost anyone, and that on a very small sample size he scored of iso most likely because they never do it so teams weren't expecting it. It's hypocritical to say analytics aren't valid, and then use analytics when you realize some of them make you look good.

Ok thatís fine I wonít use them then. Schroder is better than quite a few starting point guards and majority of the bench PGs.

Scoots
07-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Ok thatís fine I wonít use them then. Schroder is better than quite a few starting point guards and majority of the bench PGs.

Except, no.

WaDe03
07-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Except, no.

Except yes.

Scoots
07-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Except yes.

No.

Jeffy25
07-20-2018, 10:19 PM
i saw the question why do fans care about lux tax and cost. And i will tell u. As a fan u should judge how your team operates and paying an extra 44 mil this year for a backup PG is insanley stupid. I know knicks fans may not care as they have done it before but then u say who cares about the noah signing or over paying Melo. These are bad moves and hurt your team financially. It may prevent then from signing other and the conpound tax rate when ir gets as high as they are at makes then pay around 25 mil for a 5 mil contract once u factor in tax.

Next year maybe A guy wants to come play for them. A solid player like ariza. But they say no because signing him would put 5x his contract strain on their roster and he isnt worth that. Lol

Agreed

They say they don't care, but making poor financial decisions is why teams get stuck rebuilding.

Laker fans didn't care when they overpaid Mozgov and Deng, but now they do.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Agreed

They say they don't care, but making poor financial decisions is why teams get stuck rebuilding.

Every Lakers fan cared, people were calling for Mitch to get fired.

Jenceman
07-21-2018, 05:05 AM
Agreed

What? The vast majority of Laker fans thought those signings were ********

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinylman
07-21-2018, 11:15 AM

he is a joke... he cherry picks obscure stats and ignores the glaring deficiencies staring him right in the face.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:42 AM
he is a joke... he cherry picks obscure stats and ignores the glaring deficiencies staring him right in the face.

I know more about than game than both of you. Chances are you all were never good enough to even make your high school teams.

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:42 AM
No.

Yes.

Scoots
07-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Yes.

Nah

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 09:57 AM
Nah

Yah

Rivera
07-24-2018, 10:30 AM
depends on your definition of "quite a few"

going by conference, ive bolded the teams/players schroder would have an argument against

KI - Cs
Nets - DLo/Spencer Dinwiddie
Knicks - Mudiay
76ers - Ben
Toronto - Kyle Lowry
Bulls - Kris Dunn
Cleveland - George Hill/Colin Sexton
Detroit - Reggie Jackson
Indiana - Darren Collison
Bucks - Bledsoe
Hawks - Lin/Young (Im not bolding the Hawks because they were dying to get rid of him)
Hornets - Kemba
Heat - Dragic
Magic - DJ Augistine
Wiz - John Wall

West
GSW - Curry
Clipps - Beverly
Lakers - Zo
Suns - Knight
Kings - D'Aaron Fox
Mavs - DSJR
Rockets - CP3
Grizz - Conley
Pels - Holliday
Spurs - D. Murray
Nuggs - Jammal Murray
Wolves - Teague
OKC - Russ
Portland - Dame
Jazz - Rubio

thats 7 teams that Dennis has an argument against, I wouldnt say hes better than all the bold, but he has a "case"

and it depends on the definition of "quite a few" is quite a few 5? 10? 3?

WaDe03
07-24-2018, 10:57 AM
depends on your definition of "quite a few"

going by conference, ive bolded the teams/players schroder would have an argument against

KI - Cs
Nets - DLo/Spencer Dinwiddie
Knicks - Mudiay
76ers - Ben
Toronto - Kyle Lowry
Bulls - Kris Dunn
Cleveland - George Hill/Colin Sexton
Detroit - Reggie Jackson
Indiana - Darren Collison
Bucks - Bledsoe
Hawks - Lin/Young (Im not bolding the Hawks because they were dying to get rid of him)
Hornets - Kemba
Heat - Dragic
Magic - DJ Augistine
Wiz - John Wall

West
GSW - Curry
Clipps - Beverly
Lakers - Zo
Suns - Knight
Kings - D'Aaron Fox
Mavs - DSJR
Rockets - CP3
Grizz - Conley
Pels - Holliday
Spurs - D. Murray
Nuggs - Jammal Murray
Wolves - Teague
OKC - Russ
Portland - Dame
Jazz - Rubio

thats 7 teams that Dennis has an argument against, I wouldnt say hes better than all the bold, but he has a "case"

and it depends on the definition of "quite a few" is quite a few 5? 10? 3?

He has an argument for the Cavs, he was the Hawks best player, he already took teagues job once, thereís an argument for sure for Ball DSJR Fox and Beverley based off last year. If the young guys improved a lot they may be better, if Beverley can return to form he would be better but we donít know yet. When Reggie Jackson cared he was better but he hasnít for awhile. Schroder has improved every year though so weíll see.

Rivera
07-24-2018, 05:52 PM
He has an argument for the Cavs, he was the Hawks best player, he already took teagues job once, thereís an argument for sure for Ball DSJR Fox and Beverley based off last year. If the young guys improved a lot they may be better, if Beverley can return to form he would be better but we donít know yet. When Reggie Jackson cared he was better but he hasnít for awhile. Schroder has improved every year though so weíll see.

I normally dont do this, but everything you posted was wrong

The Hawks best player last year was John Collins not Dennis

George Hill has more value in todays game then Dennis. Being a pg who can play some D and hit the 3 is valuable today. Dennis really doesnt do either

Dennis didnt take Teagues job, ATL didnt want to pay Teague and gambled that Dennis would develop. Dennis did but not to ATLs hopes

The fact that ATL wanted to get rid of him for Lin and Young should tell you all you need to know

He isnt better than Ball or DSJR or Beverly. All provide more value than Dennis

Reggie Jackson not caring is still better than Dennis

You didnt even get the hes improving every year thing right. He took a step back or stayed stagnant from 2016-2017 seasons growth. Dennis was a better defender in the 2016-2017 season, he also shot better from the field in the 2016-2017 season

the only thing you got right is hes better than D'Aaron Fox, Fox was pretty bad last season, hopefully Fox gets better this season because I did like him in Kentucky but he was trash in the NBA last season

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 10:16 AM
I normally dont do this, but everything you posted was wrong

The Hawks best player last year was John Collins not Dennis

George Hill has more value in todays game then Dennis. Being a pg who can play some D and hit the 3 is valuable today. Dennis really doesnt do either

Dennis didnt take Teagues job, ATL didnt want to pay Teague and gambled that Dennis would develop. Dennis did but not to ATLs hopes

The fact that ATL wanted to get rid of him for Lin and Young should tell you all you need to know

He isnt better than Ball or DSJR or Beverly. All provide more value than Dennis

Reggie Jackson not caring is still better than Dennis

You didnt even get the hes improving every year thing right. He took a step back or stayed stagnant from 2016-2017 seasons growth. Dennis was a better defender in the 2016-2017 season, he also shot better from the field in the 2016-2017 season

the only thing you got right is hes better than D'Aaron Fox, Fox was pretty bad last season, hopefully Fox gets better this season because I did like him in Kentucky but he was trash in the NBA last season

I stopped when you said Collins was better. You advanced stats guys arenít near as smart as you think.

Rivera
07-25-2018, 10:55 AM
I stopped when you said Collins was better. You advanced stats guys arenít near as smart as you think.

i know its hard to admit whenever your wrong and I tried to throw you a bone with the PG thing but you just know how to put your foot in your mouth and dont know when to stop

i understand its hard for you to understand advanced metrics so let me keep it simple, Collins is longer, Collins is more athletic, Collins is more efficient and Collins plays defense. Collins was worth more wins than anyone on the Hawks last season. His skill set is better than Dennis. All Dennis can do better is handle and pass. But his passing ability can be so suspect because he has blinders on most of the time when he drives, its useless. Collins was the defensive anchor for the Hawks last season.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 11:13 AM
i know its hard to admit whenever your wrong and I tried to throw you a bone with the PG thing but you just know how to put your foot in your mouth and dont know when to stop

i understand its hard for you to understand advanced metrics so let me keep it simple, Collins is longer, Collins is more athletic, Collins is more efficient and Collins plays defense. Collins was worth more wins than anyone on the Hawks last season. His skill set is better than Dennis. All Dennis can do better is handle and pass. But his passing ability can be so suspect because he has blinders on most of the time when he drives, its useless. Collins was the defensive anchor for the Hawks last season.

Iím not wrong, Collins was not their best player. Advanced stats arenít hard for me to understand, my career revolves around numbers. Theyíre ****ing uo the way the game is viewed.

Rivera
07-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Iím not wrong, Collins was not their best player. Advanced stats arenít hard for me to understand, my career revolves around numbers. Theyíre ****ing uo the way the game is viewed.

you have an actual career? that would be hard to know considering your attitude, and the way how you post

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 11:24 AM
you have an actual career? that would be hard to know considering your attitude, and the way how you post

Iím an investor. If youíre judging someone based off an Internet forum then thatís on you. Iím probably one of the nicest/easy going dudes you would know if you knew me in person.

Rivera
07-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Iím an investor. If youíre judging someone based off an Internet forum then thatís on you. Iím probably one of the nicest/easy going dudes you would know if you knew me in person.

how else am I supposed to judge you without knowing you? maybe you should post more like how you are vs someone whose always combative with an im always right because i played the game attitude. I played the game to until college but to say analytics ruined how we look at the game is incredibly misinformed. Analytics is a part of the conversation along with how the player performs. For an investor, I dont think ive ever seen you use numbers in any argument beside the 3 rings DWade won.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 12:26 PM
how else am I supposed to judge you without knowing you? maybe you should post more like how you are vs someone whose always combative with an im always right because i played the game attitude. I played the game to until college but to say analytics ruined how we look at the game is incredibly misinformed. Analytics is a part of the conversation along with how the player performs. For an investor, I dont think ive ever seen you use numbers in any argument beside the 3 rings DWade won.

I donít csre much for the numbers because I know the game, I know it when I see it. The reason I donít like the numbers have been shown in here lately. Saying Collins was better than Schroder is just wrong, Schroder was their best player. They got arguably a future superstar with high potential and wanted to run everything through him, nothing wrong with that. Then I had a guy telling me the raptors wouldíve been better just reading Derozan for Green, thatís the exact reason I donít follow the numbers. When people start thinking things like Green wouldíve made them better, it just shows how flawed they are. Iíll go with my knowledge of the game over that.

Rivera
07-25-2018, 12:30 PM
I donít csre much for the numbers because I know the game, I know it when I see it. The reason I donít like the numbers have been shown in here lately. Saying Collins was better than Schroder is just wrong, Schroder was their best player. They got arguably a future superstar with high potential and wanted to run everything through him, nothing wrong with that. Then I had a guy telling me the raptors wouldíve been better just reading Derozan for Green, thatís the exact reason I donít follow the numbers. When people start thinking things like Green wouldíve made them better, it just shows how flawed they are. Iíll go with my knowledge of the game over that.

if you watched the games like you say you do, you would know Dennis was a huge defensive liability, was in efficient, kept his head down on drives, and never got any of his teammates better

if you watched the games like you say you do, you would know Collins was one of the only brightspots on that team. He kept flashing and showeded defensive potential. He was the biggest bright spot and there best player because when he was on the floor, the Hawks played better

and thats using 0 stats.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 01:16 PM

I'm pretty sure there's not a statistic on the planet that you could use to argue Green as a better player than DeRozan, so I'm not sure what numbers you heard to justify that terrible argument.

As far as the "numbers vs. eye test" argument goes, I think you need both to have an informed opinion on a player. But the eye test is often wrong. You can't possibly watch every minute of court time of every player in the league. If you watch a handful of games of a single player and they outperform or underperform their numbers, that doesn't mean that they're better than their numbers. That sample size of performances could just be an outlier.

If you only watched games where Schroder played well, then you're getting an incomplete picture of the guy. Because when you go to his numbers, I can instantly see that, while he creates for others well and has a solid AST/TO ratio, his inefficiency as a scorer really hurts his value because he's a volume scorer who takes too many 3-pointers and makes too few of them.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Iíve said this a lot in here but yes there is a place for the numbers but theyíre not the end all be all in a debate like so many try to claim.

Rivera, just because Collins showed potential doesnít mean he was their best player. Heíll be a good player but if Schroder was a rookie and played that way he would be getting much more hype than Collins.

Vinylman
07-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Why do you guys keep arguing with him? The proof is in the pudding... ATL dumped him for nothing and drafted a PG to replace him... if they thought anything of him they would have kept him and drafted a different need.

ATL thinks the guy sucks or they wouldn't have done what they did.

WaDe03
07-25-2018, 02:57 PM

This is the type of **** that drives me nuts.

IndyRealist
07-25-2018, 03:05 PM
This is such an entertaining thread.

mightybosstone
07-25-2018, 03:29 PM

This is the type of **** that drives me nuts.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with the numbers themselves. What's wrong is the way the guy is using them. He's using a three-year sample size knowing that Brown and Tatum are super young and their numbers would be crap and that Kyrie was banged up for much of that 2015-16 season.

I love Lowry, but there's not a team in the NBA who would rather have him over Kyrie. By narrowing the entire Kyrie vs. Lowry debate to a single statistic, he's leaving out all of the numbers that would prove Kyrie to be the superior player. But don't blame the stats for that.

Jeffy25
08-08-2018, 12:36 AM
Melo has verbally signed with the Rockets.

Jeffy25
08-08-2018, 12:37 AM
I mean, there's nothing wrong with the numbers themselves. What's wrong is the way the guy is using them. He's using a three-year sample size knowing that Brown and Tatum are super young and their numbers would be crap and that Kyrie was banged up for much of that 2015-16 season.

I love Lowry, but there's not a team in the NBA who would rather have him over Kyrie. By narrowing the entire Kyrie vs. Lowry debate to a single statistic, he's leaving out all of the numbers that would prove Kyrie to be the superior player. But don't blame the stats for that.

And he is ignoring minutes played.

Stats are fine, it's how they are misused that makes people hate them.

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Anybody but me think Wade03 being an investor is pretty hilarious when he doesn't dig any deeper than the box score to uncover value in basketball

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 12:49 PM

I love Lowry, but there's not a team in the NBA who would rather have him over Kyrie. By narrowing the entire Kyrie vs. Lowry debate to a single statistic, he's leaving out all of the numbers that would prove Kyrie to be the superior player. But don't blame the stats for that.Man I wish there was a way to actually asks the GMs this because there are a couple I feel 100% in my gut would go Lowry and your GM is one of them.

unless of course it was assumed that you would have long term control of them, then it would be unanimous.

WaDe03
08-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Man I wish there was a way to actually asks the GMs this because there are a couple I feel 100% in my gut would go Lowry and your GM is one of them.

unless of course it was assumed that you would have long term control of them, then it would be unanimous.

No everyone would pick Kyrie over Lowry.

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 03:41 PM
No everyone would pick Kyrie over Lowry.I know we can count on you to favor the volume scorer under all circumstances even if he shoots you out of the gym

Didnt you say Schroeder was a good player. You do have a type.

Heediot
08-08-2018, 04:42 PM
I know we can count on you to favor the volume scorer under all circumstances even if he shoots you out of the gym

Playoff Kyrie over Playoff Lowry. RS I'll go with Lowry. One guys wants the pressure shots and big moments in may, the other guy can barely break his man down.

Kyrie has his flaws but in the right dynamics the guy is a weapon in clutch and close out situations.

valade16
08-08-2018, 04:47 PM
I know we can count on you to favor the volume scorer under all circumstances even if he shoots you out of the gym

Well statistically last season Kyrie Irving had a greater impact than Kyle Lowry. Not sure what it means.

Jamiecballer
08-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Well statistically last season Kyrie Irving had a greater impact than Kyle Lowry. Not sure what it means.Admittedly it was more a dig at the poster than the player. Kyrie was definitely strong last season.

goingfor28
08-08-2018, 11:20 PM
No everyone would pick Kyrie over Lowry.This. Kyrie >>>>>>>> Fatty

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
08-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Man I wish there was a way to actually asks the GMs this because there are a couple I feel 100% in my gut would go Lowry and your GM is one of them.

I mean, he traded Lowry away once already...

That being said, Morey was clearly a fan of the guy and was the first GM to ever really give him a chance as a legit starter. But if you really believe in a player as a future cornerstone for you franchise, you don't trade him away just because he's feuding with your coach. And that's essentially what happened in Houston.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 09:15 AM
I mean, he traded Lowry away once already...

That being said, Morey was clearly a fan of the guy and was the first GM to ever really give him a chance as a legit starter. But if you really believe in a player as a future cornerstone for you franchise, you don't trade him away just because he's feuding with your coach. And that's essentially what happened in Houston.Hes a grouchy douche, it comes with the package. Casey handled him well.

WaDe03
08-09-2018, 11:14 AM

Literally only a raptors fan or an idiot would think Lowry is better and there probably arenít many raptors fans who think it outside of you. Your knowledge on ball is terrible, Lowry isnít close to Kyrie and isnít better than Demar.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Literally only a raptors fan or an idiot would think Lowry is better and there probably arenít many raptors fans who think it outside of you. Your knowledge on ball is terrible, Lowry isnít close to Kyrie and isnít better than Demar.Your posts remind me of an abuse victim who can't acknowledge the awful thing that happened to them as a kid.

You see the game through a child eyes - and refuse to even consider new information because to acknowledge that your way of looking at the game might need updating would ****ing break you.

WaDe03
08-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Your posts remind me of an abuse victim who can't acknowledge the awful thing that happened to them as a kid.

You see the game through a child eyes - and refuse to even consider new information because to acknowledge that your way of looking at the game might need updating would ****ing break you.

I look at the game through the eyes of a former D1/professional basketball player.

If your way of viewing the game tells you Lowry is better than Kyrie your way of viewing the game is terrible and much worse than mine.

Rivera
08-09-2018, 12:33 PM
i dont like siding with wade, but Lowry is better than Kyrie? come on now. even advanced stats say Kyrie is better. Lowry is great but he isnt better than Kyrie.

As far as DD vs Lowry, the last 2 seasons, Derozan has taken a bigger leap in the regular season and has outshined Lowry. Before that, you could have argued whose better/more valuable because of the holes in Derozans games but credit to Derozan, he has gotten better. Playoff wise, idk what happens to Derozan, hopefully Pop can fix that but Lowry hasnt been great in the post season either

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 01:04 PM
I look at the game through the eyes of a former D1/professional basketball player.

If your way of viewing the game tells you Lowry is better than Kyrie your way of viewing the game is terrible and much worse than mine.I didnt say Kyle was better than Kyrie, precisely. Kyrie took a step forward the past year, without question. Last season I would have taken him. But you will find nothing to support Kyrie over Kyle in the numbers in the years previous except the notoriously fallable "eyes" argument.

Great players have their numbers confirmed by the data, in case you have not noticed. But strangely when that same data points to somebody being much better than generally perceived nobody people just shrug their shoulders and say "can't trust the numbers". But that is an argument for another day. It's like the old MVP debate, with some arguing in favor of value, others preferring "best player" which usually comes down to the eye test or narrative.

If you want me to say Kyrie is the better player, sure. He can do more with the ball in his hands. But more valuable? Can't do it. Lowry plays miles better defensively, takes a ton of charges, and makes all the hustle plays. He provides more value.

mightybosstone
08-09-2018, 01:09 PM
PSD: Where a thread about a trade becomes a heated argument about two totally unrelated players who have literally nothing to do with that trade.

kdspurman
08-09-2018, 01:09 PM

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 01:12 PM
i dont like siding with wade, but Lowry is better than Kyrie? come on now. even advanced stats say Kyrie is better. Lowry is great but he isnt better than Kyrie.

As far as DD vs Lowry, the last 2 seasons, Derozan has taken a bigger leap in the regular season and has outshined Lowry. Before that, you could have argued whose better/more valuable because of the holes in Derozans games but credit to Derozan, he has gotten better. Playoff wise, idk what happens to Derozan, hopefully Pop can fix that but Lowry hasnt been great in the post season either

A "bigger leap", "outshined Lowry"? I wont argue either of those. Lowry has been a polished well rounded player for half a decade and DeRozan has/had huge holes in his game, who would you expect to show more improvement? That statement does nothing to support that argument.

And outshined is about reputation and accolades and such. He's the face of the franchise, the likeable player, and the primary scorer. Doesn't hold up to closer look at the numbers though.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 01:13 PM
PSD: Where a thread about a trade becomes a heated argument about two totally unrelated players who have literally nothing to do with that trade.Lmao true. If we had a heated arguments thread all our problems would be solved.

WaDe03
08-09-2018, 01:52 PM
I didnt say Kyle was better than Kyrie, precisely. Kyrie took a step forward the past year, without question. Last season I would have taken him. But you will find nothing to support Kyrie over Kyle in the numbers in the years previous except the notoriously fallable "eyes" argument.

Great players have their numbers confirmed by the data, in case you have not noticed. But strangely when that same data points to somebody being much better than generally perceived nobody people just shrug their shoulders and say "can't trust the numbers". But that is an argument for another day. It's like the old MVP debate, with some arguing in favor of value, others preferring "best player" which usually comes down to the eye test or narrative.

If you want me to say Kyrie is the better player, sure. He can do more with the ball in his hands. But more valuable? Can't do it. Lowry plays miles better defensively, takes a ton of charges, and makes all the hustle plays. He provides more value.

The thing is, Kyrie has been the better player for awhile. He was better last year, the year before, etc. Heís a big game player and clutch performer, Kyle shrinks in the playoffs. This really isnít even a debate so idk why Iím
Going back and forth.

WaDe03
08-09-2018, 01:53 PM

You should like siding with me, Iím always right. Me and you would make the perfect duo, Iíll use actual knowledge of the game and you use the BS numbers to back my claims and weíll crush dudes on here.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2018, 02:06 PM
You should like siding with me, Iím always right. Me and you would make the perfect duo, Iíll use actual knowledge of the game and you use the BS numbers to back my claims and weíll crush dudes on here.There is no doubt about it, BS numbers will have to be used