PDA

View Full Version : Whose peak is easier to determine? Kobe's or Lebron's

JordansBulls
07-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Both of these guys peak have years where each person believes the year is different.

For Kobe, some think it is 2001, or 2003, or 2006, or 2007, or 2008, or 2009
For Lebron, some think it is 2009, or 2010, or 2012, or 2013, or 2016, or 2017, or 2018

So of the two whose's peak is more stable as far as most can agree on a particular year?

More-Than-Most
07-15-2018, 11:42 PM
There is no argument at all and its no disrespect to kobe because he was great but we are talking about the arguable goat or 2nd best player ever here.

LA_Raiders
07-16-2018, 12:26 AM
^lol. LeBron is great but he is not arguably the goal nor 2nd best; not with a pathetic finals record of 3-6

JordansBulls
07-16-2018, 12:45 AM
There is no argument at all and its no disrespect to kobe because he was great but we are talking about the arguable goat or 2nd best player ever here.

Did you not understand the thread? It is whose peak is easier to determine for there own personal years as players. Not who was the better player nor who had the better peak.

Jeffy25
07-16-2018, 12:48 AM
LeBron easily

Kobe had several up and down years throughout his peak, which I'll call 01-13, and it took him awhile to develop honestly.

LeBron is still in his peak, and has been since his second year in the league.

More-Than-Most
07-16-2018, 12:52 AM
Did you not understand the thread? It is whose peak is easier to determine for there own personal years as players. Not who was the better player nor who had the better peak.

What makes you think i didnt understand it? Its lebron period and its not close.

More-Than-Most
07-16-2018, 12:52 AM
^lol. LeBron is great but he is not arguably the goal nor 2nd best; not with a pathetic finals record of 3-6

finals record... LMFAO.

basch152
07-16-2018, 02:01 AM
What makes you think i didnt understand it? Its lebron period and its not close.

you guys really aren't getting this thread.

he is not asking who had a better peak or who the better player is.

reread the OP

lol literally not a single person that has responded actually understood what the OP is trying to ask.

More-Than-Most
07-16-2018, 02:20 AM
you guys really aren't getting this thread.

he is not asking who had a better peak or who the better player is.

reread the OP

lol literally not a single person that has responded actually understood what the OP is trying to ask.

Whose peak is easier to determine? Kobe's or Lebron's

This is the question... Its lebrons... kobe had years where he was great-good-alright but never did he remain consistently superb like lebron... lebrons peak is much easier to figure out because of how great he is where is Kobe has longevity but never really had the insane excellence year after year after year.

basch152
07-16-2018, 02:31 AM
Whose peak is easier to determine? Kobe's or Lebron's

This is the question... Its lebrons... kobe had years where he was great-good-alright but never did he remain consistently superb like lebron... lebrons peak is much easier to figure out because of how great he is where is Kobe has longevity but never really had the insane excellence year after year after year.

lebrons athletic prime was his first stint in cleveland. he clearly wasn't quite the same athlete after his first year in miami.

however at the same time, his skills clearly vastly improved every year in miami.

then you go back to cleveland, and he continued to improve his skills. however, he also became incredibly inconsistant defensively, some years having absolutely atrocious defensive years, snd you could see his athleticism fading even further.

you could argue any three of these eras being his prime. he wasn't the same player in any of those times, and he was clearly better in some than others. I'd definitely argue that lebrons actual peak is incredibly difficult to discern.

kobe however, is pretty clear. his peak was early 2000s- around 2007.

that combined with the fact that you brought up lebron being a possible goat, which would be completely irrelevant really leads me to believe that you didn't understand what the OP was asking the just tried to cover it.

YAALREADYKNO
07-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Kobe from 05-09 was the only player I ever feared to see my Mavs go up against lmao

KingstonHawke
07-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Kobe. LeBron is so good and versatile that there are like 10 different years that could be the best version of himself.

That LeBron that lost to the Mavs was amazing in every way except leadership. LeBron a couple years later may be better because of his improved 3 point shooting. But then it could also be last year's LeBron. Not as athletic as when he was younger, but he shoots well, he's a leader, and he's an even better facilitator.

Kobe on the other hand it's gotta be that 05 06 gap when he was forced to take everything that he learned and be great by himself. He was still great with Pau, but Pau and Bynum eased a lot of his responsibility.