PDA

View Full Version : Parker to bulls 2 / 40 million

Vinylman
07-14-2018, 01:49 PM
meh

Vinylman
07-14-2018, 01:52 PM
2nd year is an option year

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-jabari-parker-qualifying-offer-20180714-story.html

beasted86
07-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) 1018164740164472834

I think it's a good signing

Leftcoast_yg
07-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Overpaid but Bulls are hurting for a wing it's a need addressed plus a team option essentially a year deal great signing for the Bulls. I hope him and Lavine can elevate and push each other to become all stars.

Cal827
07-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Good signing if that's a team-option. Low risk, high reward. If he can't get back to the rate he was before the surgeries, then they can cut/renegotiate. Good for Parker too, cause if he can get back to what he was, then he isn't locked into a long, cheap contract.

Dunn
Lavine
Parker
Markannen
Lopez

Sucks for them that Orlando won't stop drafting/signing players cause they could've had Bamba at the 5 to develop (and defense). But regardless , those 4 are pretty good to start with.... Possible playoff team this year.

Bucks better hope he doesn't return to form because if he does, then we might be looking back in a few years if he could've been Giannis's partner in crime (if the Bucks are struggling to move up).

THE MTL
07-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Bulls overpaid but 2yr deal is low risk. Even if the second year is a player's option. I personally wouldn't touch Parker, way too many major injuries to start his career

beasted86
07-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Dunn
Lavine
Parker
Markannen
Lopez

Horrible defensive line-up, no chance at playoffs IMO.

blams
07-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Horrible defensive line-up, no chance at playoffs IMO.2 of 5 are plus defenders there has been worse at least haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Good signing if that's a team-option. Low risk, high reward. If he can't get back to the rate he was before the surgeries, then they can cut/renegotiate. Good for Parker too, cause if he can get back to what he was, then he isn't locked into a long, cheap contract.

Dunn
Lavine
Parker
Markannen
Lopez

Sucks for them that Orlando won't stop drafting/signing players cause they could've had Bamba at the 5 to develop (and defense). But regardless , those 4 are pretty good to start with.... Possible playoff team this year.

Bucks better hope he doesn't return to form because if he does, then we might be looking back in a few years if he could've been Giannis's partner in crime (if the Bucks are struggling to move up).

Parker would of had to be 6th man in Milwaukee since Middleton is a SF here on out. So Parker would of had to come off the bench. Bucks were hard capped and could only match up to $14M to $15M first year anyway. He be to big of a risk at $20M per. Parker wasn't that exciting.

Injured every other year and gets pouty. Yeah it would of been nice to get a sign and trade going but Bulls didn't have much to offer back anyway. Like I said in other thread. Warriors got splash brothers. Bulls got ACL brothers LaVine, Parker.

flea
07-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Is Jabari going to be a guy who, in 10 years, we'll say should have always played the 4 in the NBA - much like the guy he was compared to coming of college in Melo? He wasn't as good as Melo and I think a better comparison is Harrison Barnes. Jabari tore up his knee (right?) and was already a tweener - why is he still a 3? Get more core strength and shoot for a Paul Milsap career, or else settle for being a perennial loser.

beasted86
07-14-2018, 03:37 PM
2 of 5 are plus defenders there has been worse at least haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lopez is not really a plus defender IMO. Smart player, but not too mobile and poor rebounder.

cheetos185
07-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Lopez is not really a plus defender IMO. Smart player, but not too mobile and poor rebounder.He boxes out letting his team grab rebounds don't just fall for the stats. I watched him when he was with the Knicks very underrated Center.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Vinylman
07-14-2018, 04:14 PM

It's the east dude... after 1-4 its a crapshoot

c.c.
07-14-2018, 04:35 PM

Their in the East, Cleveland is basically removed from playoff contention. So thereís one more spot to slide in

Cal827
07-14-2018, 04:50 PM

Oh yeah it is, why I'm sure Bulls fans hate Orlando more for their Center fetish cause they could've tried to develop Bamba

But... as people are referring to, it's the Eastern Conference, there are only like 4 teams that I would say are making the playoffs (barring injury) next season at this point :laugh2:

Cal827
07-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Parker would of had to be 6th man in Milwaukee since Middleton is a SF here on out. So Parker would of had to come off the bench. Bucks were hard capped and could only match up to $14M to $15M first year anyway. He be to big of a risk at $20M per. Parker wasn't that exciting.

Injured every other year and gets pouty. Yeah it would of been nice to get a sign and trade going but Bulls didn't have much to offer back anyway. Like I said in other thread. Warriors got splash brothers. Bulls got ACL brothers LaVine, Parker.

:laugh2: oh geez, I didn't even think of that. Worse come to worse for the Bulls though, if it does happen again to Parker, they only have him on a one year deal. Another Lavine injury basically kills the team for another half decade.

Kyben36
07-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Lopez is not really a plus defender IMO. Smart player, but not too mobile and poor rebounder.

Think he is talking about Carter????

KobeOwnSU
07-14-2018, 05:11 PM
Solid for both sides. Parker will get a chance to rebuild his value and the Bulls get a much needed playmaker. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kyben36
07-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Outside of Boston 76er and the Raptors. its a crapshoot. Pacers probably make it, Bucks too. But the Wizzards... Detroit.... Miami, Charlote or NY. are any of those teams close to a lock.

BTW NO offense to NY but I am not sure what Porzingis's status is. if healthy I would probably rise you up. But right now relying on Roks

beasted86
07-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Think he is talking about Carter????

I think they will want to showcase Lopez as an expiring for a trade. Don't think Carter starts. That's just me though.

Kyben36
07-14-2018, 06:12 PM
I think they will want to showcase Lopez as an expiring for a trade. Don't think Carter starts. That's just me though.

I dont see how you cant start the 7th pick

Lopez is what he is, everyone knows what he is. Solid. There is nothing to showcase on a 30 year old center. everyone knows he is a big body, solid role player. OK all arround but nothing spectacular. he has been that way since he was with the suns...... New Orleans....the Trailblazer....... NY...... and Chicago. He is what he is. a 10 and 6-7 type of guy. The only thing he is really at this point is an expiring contract. that is really where his worth is.

Honestly his best atribute is he is a FAN FAVORITE wherever he goes. guy is a great personality and a great guy to have. but I dont see any teams trading or him.

Dade County
07-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Why did he get 20mil?

Isaiah could only get 2mil.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Parker is not a wing. Bad fit

HeartOfStarks
07-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Outside of Boston 76er and the Raptors. its a crapshoot. Pacers probably make it, Bucks too. But the Wizzards... Detroit.... Miami, Charlote or NY. are any of those teams close to a lock.

BTW NO offense to NY but I am not sure what Porzingis's status is. if healthy I would probably rise you up. But right now relying on Roks

Knicks will likely hold KP out most of the season, pretty sure this is another tank year for us.

TylerSL
07-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Is it bad that I'm already ready for next season to start?

TylerSL
07-14-2018, 10:13 PM

Knicks and Hornets are not close to locks, they won't be playoff teams next season.

Bostonjorge
07-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Carter is the best player on the Bulls.

Parker finally gets to play SF again. Thatís what heís always been and that got him the second pick in his draft.

GiantsSwaGG
07-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Carter is the best player on the Bulls.

Parker finally gets to play SF again. Thatís what heís always been and that got him the second pick in his draft.

With his weight issues heís not a SF

beasted86
07-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Only thing I can say is maybe they expect him to revamp his game and drop 20 lbs this summer to 225-230. And work on his cutting.

He's not a wing.

LeonFSU
07-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Knicks and Hornets are not close to locks, they won't be playoff teams next season.

I would not be at all surprised if the same 8 teams got in (in different order)

crewfan13
07-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Only thing I can say is maybe they expect him to revamp his game and drop 20 lbs this summer to 225-230. And work on his cutting.

He's not a wing.

Prior to last year, i thought his cutting actually wasnít bad. Itís his defensive awareness thatís really lacking and whatís going to kill him on the wing. Heís a terrible team defender and has no awareness. He gets caught watching the ball way too often on defense. But heís actually not an awful on ball defender. Problem is he struggles with quickness, and if you have him defending sf instead of pf, I think youíre taking away the one thing heís okay at defensively.

Heís going to be a huge minus on defense at SF. And offensively, he can sort of make up for it, but he really doesnít involve teammates a ton. He can get his own and he can out himself in position for a teammate to get him a decent look. But once he gets it, heís not great at getting others involved unless itís an obvious dish off of a drive. He sort of kills the ball when it comes to him.

jaydubb
07-15-2018, 09:35 PM
First lavine, now parker.. Man I need to tear my ACL so the bulls sign me up too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

blahblahyoutoo
07-16-2018, 12:31 AM

Dunn
Lavine
Parker
Markannen
Lopez

lol low risk.
when is $20m for a player coming off injury low risk.

JAZZNC
07-16-2018, 03:24 AM
lol low risk.

Cause what did the Bulls have to lose? They weren't going to sign anybody else with that money and it's only 2yrs. It's not a huge risk for a team that isn't going to truly compete in the next 2yrs anyway. And if he is a 20ppg scorer and can play any defense at all it's not a bad deal.

Vinylman
07-16-2018, 08:28 AM
lol low risk.

its basically a 1 year deal... people focus on the AAV to much. its the years that kill teams cap

IKnowHoops
07-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Overpaid but Bulls are hurting for a wing it's a need addressed plus a team option essentially a year deal great signing for the Bulls. I hope him and Lavine can elevate and push each other to become all stars.

Dido

TheDish87
07-16-2018, 09:24 AM
gotta love the Bucks getting nothing in return for the 2nd overall pick just 4 years ago.

TylerSL
07-16-2018, 04:10 PM
I would not be at all surprised if the same 8 teams got in (in different order)

IMO this is the pecking order in the East

Best teams
1. Celtics
2. Raptors
3. 76ers

Very likely to make the playoffs
4. Pacers
5. Heat
6. Bucks
7. Wizards

On the playoff bubble
8. Pistons
9. Nets

Destined for lottery
10. Hornets
11. Knicks
12. Bulls
13. Magic
14. Cavs
15. Hawks

I think the Eastern Conference playoff picture will look similar next year except I believe the Cavs are going to be terrible. Not only because Lebron is gone, but because that team is devoid of playmakers. They won't have any ball movement and they are already terrible at defense. They also have a terrible coach. Cavs are going to suck badly.

beasted86
07-16-2018, 04:57 PM
No way Cavs fall to 2nd worst in the conference. It would have to be the most dedicated tank on the level of Philly purposely losing. Pulling Memphis moves fouling while ahead in the final seconds.

IndyRealist
07-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Cavs are probably a couple of notches higher, and Sixers are still #3 but drop a tier. We need to see how teams adjust to Simmons. Someone could figure out how to shut him down then everyone will copy it inside if a week.

LeonFSU
07-16-2018, 09:11 PM
On the playoff bubble
8. Pistons
9. Nets

Destined for lottery
10. Hornets
11. Knicks
12. Bulls
13. Magic
14. Cavs
15. Hawks

I think the Eastern Conference playoff picture will look similar next year except I believe the Cavs are going to be terrible. Not only because Lebron is gone, but because that team is devoid of playmakers. They won't have any ball movement and they are already terrible at defense. They also have a terrible coach. Cavs are going to suck badly.

Cavs wonít be very good, but I think the teams you have 8 through 13 are too flawed or inexperienced to pass them in the standings. Pistons have the best chance and Charlotte possibly. Neither are very good. Nets and Magic are not constructed to win many games. Knicks, in addition to Porzingisís injury, and Bulls are too inexperienced. I think just having experience playing together, plus the addition of Sexton, will be enough for the Cavs to win enough in the East to not be at the bottom of the standings.

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2018, 10:18 AM
I get that he's a hometown kid with an upside, and the Bulls don't have the assets of Boston or Philly. But it seems like Chicago is just jogging on the treadmill of mediocrity. Parker and LaVine will get you points on the right night, but they'll also get massacred on defense. Chicago will simultaneously eek out enough wins to significantly lower their chances at another high lottery pick while still not being good enough to make the playoffs.

WaDe03
07-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Jabari Parker is going to the Bulls and the Bucks will not match.

You donít say? Interesting.

TheDish87
07-17-2018, 12:26 PM
lol once the bulls came up every single report said the bucks wont match. they let him work as a RFA like idiots.