PDA

View Full Version : should kobe come out of retirement? (no trolling)

Legitimate
07-09-2018, 12:23 AM
In all seriousness and no trolling should lakers convince Kobe to come out of retirement and sign for the vet min with the lakers for one last championship run? would he give lakers a much needed boost even if he came off the bench? fans would be estatic and would it be a wise business move on all sides of the table? imo i think it would be kind of cool if kobe did this, i think lebron and kobe duo would be clutch together... discuss!

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Maybe AI should?

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Vince Carter's a better option at this point.

LOb0
07-09-2018, 12:42 AM
It took an entire team of trainers every game just to get Kobe on the court his last year. His body was totally trashed.

Not only that but he's not going to win a ring so what would be the point?

More-Than-Most
07-09-2018, 01:16 AM
He isnt capable mentally or physically. This isnt even a bash at him but just how he is competitively... He would still try and be the best player on the lakers and it would hurt the team... nobody puts baby in the corner. As far as physically its just not worth... He has the money/rings and his show or whatever is pretty dope... Why come back?

smith&wesson
07-09-2018, 01:29 AM
If then Lakers were much closer to a ring then yes

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2018, 01:32 AM
If then Lakers were much closer to a ring then yes

where do you rank the Lakers right now? top 5? top 10? 1st round exit?

FlashBolt
07-09-2018, 07:26 AM
Well, let's see:

-Can't play defense
-Is not a great shooter
-Needs the ball to get his shot off
-Will probably think he's better than LeBron and take up USG%/possessions
-Would be the worst wing on the team in terms of fit and production

If Kobe wants a role, he should be on the team as a coach or something. But he's finished as a player, honestly. Lakers will be regressing if Kobe were to join the team again.

Joemoes
07-09-2018, 08:13 AM
I do think Kobe should have something to do with this team. Idk if his body healed up enough. I don't see why not if he can shoot.
Kobe is the third most popular laker right now when 2 years ago he was the most popular. Fire Walton(not advocating for it) sign Kobe as the coach would be a beautiful thing if Lebron, Kobe, and Magic won a ring together.

Kobe has a lot bigger things outside of basketball I heard he is starting a 100 million dollar hedge fund or something

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2018, 11:17 AM
I do think Kobe should have something to do with this team. Idk if his body healed up enough. I don't see why not if he can shoot.
Kobe is the third most popular laker right now when 2 years ago he was the most popular. Fire Walton(not advocating for it) sign Kobe as the coach would be a beautiful thing if Lebron, Kobe, and Magic won a ring together.

Kobe has a lot bigger things outside of basketball I heard he is starting a 100 million dollar hedge fund or something

Hedge fund with LAbron and Magic to buy the Clippers and move them to Alaska.

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Call up Ron Artest and have Luke put on a uniform while we're at it let Phil comeback and coach. It will be like the good ole times than after they can have a circle jerk after sweeping the Warriors. lmao

Is that you Rocco?

Vinylman
07-09-2018, 12:09 PM
MJ should come out of retirement Ö

NO TROLL

ewing
07-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Well, let's see:

-Can't play defense
-Is not a great shooter
-Needs the ball to get his shot off
-Will probably think he's better than LeBron and take up USG%/possessions
-Would be the worst wing on the team in terms of fit and production

If Kobe wants a role, he should be on the team as a coach or something. But he's finished as a player, honestly. Lakers will be regressing if Kobe were to join the team again.

He needs the ball to get a shot off?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmellofan15
07-09-2018, 12:54 PM
MJ should come out of retirement Ö

NO TROLL

No troll tho....MJ not even top 5 bulls player ever.

lakerfan85
07-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Kobe will never come back to play.. Close this crap!

Hawkeye15
07-09-2018, 03:38 PM
isn't he winning oscars now? Let the man enjoy his retirement

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Kobe will never come back to play.. Close this crap!
I second this

c.c.
07-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Heís need to sign with Golden State

LA_Raiders
07-10-2018, 01:59 AM
I donít think he has basketball legs left. He played for 20 years.

R. Johnson#3
07-10-2018, 08:46 AM
His final game was the best possible way he couldíve gone out considering he stunk up the joint for his final two seasons. Heís one of the greatest but his body is finished and it would be ugly if he came back.

aman_13
07-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Maybe 3 on 3.

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Maybe 3 on 3.

Now that's more like it.

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Heís need to sign with Golden State

Yeah because you guys are signing Melo 😷

TheScab
07-13-2018, 12:51 PM
In all seriousness and no trolling should lakers convince Kobe to come out of retirement and sign for the vet min with the lakers for one last championship run? would he give lakers a much needed boost even if he came off the bench? fans would be estatic and would it be a wise business move on all sides of the table? imo i think it would be kind of cool if kobe did this, i think lebron and kobe duo would be clutch together... discuss!

Great idea! We should also convince Kareem, Elgin Baylor and Magic to step down and suit up as well!

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Great idea! We should also convince Kareem, Elgin Baylor and Magic to step down and suit up as well!

Yea they all just recently retired right?

IKnowHoops
07-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Maybe 3 on 3.

This

Asking people not to troll this thread was a tall order