PDA

View Full Version : Spurs decline to match Kyle Anderson.

Leftcoast_yg
07-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Spurs are declining to match Kyle Andersonís four-year, $37M offer sheet with Memphis, league sources tell ESPN. Anderson will likely become Grizzlies starting small forward.
5:31 PM ∑ Jul 8, 2018.

Pop is losing everyone lol

Saddletramp
07-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Spurs are declining to match Kyle Andersonís four-year, $37M offer sheet with Memphis, league sources tell ESPN. Anderson will likely become Grizzlies starting small forward.
5:31 PM ∑ Jul 8, 2018.

Pop is losing everyone lol

Heís beating out Chandler Parsons or does he even play anymore? What a waste.

Leftcoast_yg
07-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Heís beating out Chandler Parsons or does he even play anymore? What a waste.

Parsons still plays?

beasted86
07-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Parson is injured more than he plays.
#GettingThemChecks

Not sure Anderson is a legit starter though.

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2018, 09:30 AM
#GettingThemChecks

That guwop

warfelg
07-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Two years in a row the Spurs being smart about RFA.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2018, 06:40 PM
No pro' wit lettin' Slo Mo go

:shrug:

KnicksorBust
07-11-2018, 03:05 PM
#GettingThemChecks

This is an underrated aspect about how they kept their dynasty running for so long. They knew to let guys like Kyle Anderson when it was time for them to get overpaid.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 03:34 PM
I mean, the way a team always stays on top, is they know when to not overvalue their role players/aging players. Teams will ALWAYS overvalue "championship" experience. While KA isn't a champion, its simply the Spurs model. They have a value for someone, if some other team exceeds it, goodbye..

Leftcoast_yg
07-11-2018, 04:13 PM
I mean, the way a team always stays on top, is they know when to not overvalue their role players/aging players. Teams will ALWAYS overvalue "championship" experience. While KA isn't a champion, its simply the Spurs model. They have a value for someone, if some other team exceeds it, goodbye..
True I remember Bobby Simmons hooped it in the playoffs and got a fat contract with Orlando and didnít amount to ish.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 04:19 PM
True I remember Bobby Simmons hooped it in the playoffs and got a fat contract with Orlando and didnít amount to ish.

remember when Troy Hudson killed the Lakers in a playoff series, and my Wolves gave him a big deal (for the time)? yeah, that worked out..

IndyRealist
07-11-2018, 04:31 PM

remember when Troy Hudson killed the Lakers in a playoff series, and my Wolves gave him a big deal (for the time)? yeah, that worked out..

Both of these are classic examples of small sample size. One playoff run is max 28 games. It's just not enough data to hand out big money. Portland handed a max deal to Roy Hibbert based on 7 games, and they were lucky Indiana bailed them out by matching. It's even worse when a kid gets drafted like 30 spots higher solely based on a Final Four run.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Both of these are classic examples of small sample size. One playoff run is max 28 games. It's just not enough data to hand out big money. Portland handed a max deal to Roy Hibbert based on 7 games, and they were lucky Indiana bailed them out by matching. It's even worse when a kid gets drafted like 30 spots higher solely based on a Final Four run.

of course they are small. Hell a single playoff run into the finals it small. I mean, teams like the Spurs tend to understand they need to stick to a value of a player. Teams that suck, like my Wolves, don't understand this. They continue to give out bad deals for various reasons, a 6 game series being one of them. Jonny Flynn we drafted because of 1 ****ing game.

IndyRealist
07-11-2018, 04:52 PM
of course they are small. Hell a single playoff run into the finals it small. I mean, teams like the Spurs tend to understand they need to stick to a value of a player. Teams that suck, like my Wolves, don't understand this. They continue to give out bad deals for various reasons, a 6 game series being one of them. Jonny Flynn we drafted because of 1 ****ing game.

My gawd Jonny Flynn. When I saw him shoot up draft boards I knew it was going to be bad. Thank goodness the Pacers tend to be super conservative drafting. What they tend to bungle is the value of their own players, i.e. small-market-itis.

Leftcoast_yg
07-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Bismack Biyombo is another. Trevor Ariza after the ship in 2009

JAZZNC
07-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Biggest one that sticks out in my mind was Jerome James. He blocked Tim Duncan once or twice in the playoffs and then the Knicks gave him a deal he had no business getting.

Leftcoast_yg
07-13-2018, 01:51 AM
Biggest one that sticks out in my mind was Jerome James. He blocked Tim Duncan once or twice in the playoffs and then the Knicks gave him a deal he had no business getting.

Jerome Cheeseburger James with Eddy Curry

Scoots
07-17-2018, 01:07 PM
My gawd Jonny Flynn. When I saw him shoot up draft boards I knew it was going to be bad. Thank goodness the Pacers tend to be super conservative drafting. What they tend to bungle is the value of their own players, i.e. small-market-itis.

Thank God for Jonny Flynn :)

Heediot
07-17-2018, 01:11 PM
I feel like this is another guy that will fall off once he leaves the Spurs.

Maybe Grizz going back to a slower paced team. Adding slow-mo makes me ponder.