PDA

View Full Version : Magic, Bulls, Hornets make three team trade

redsox12
07-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando are finalizing a trade that includes Timofey Mozgov to the Magic, Bismack Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan Stone to the Bulls, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
It's easy to see what Orlando is doing here as they dump Biyombo's deal to get Mo Bamba all the backup center minutes. Biyombo may have dropped out of the rotation in Orlando, but now he should have a chance to play in Charlotte. He doesn't really gain fantasy value, especially with how impressive Willy Hernangomez looked on Friday.

rotoworld

Magic get Mozgov and Jerian Grant

Bulls get Stone

Hornets get Biyombo

smith&wesson
07-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Good deal for the Hornets I guess. Didn’t they draft Biyombo tho ? They traded back for him again ?

vdv36
07-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Ec champs!

Leftcoast_yg
07-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Good deal for the Hornets I guess. Didn’t they draft Biyombo tho ? They traded back for him again ?
Lol yes they did Lottery pick by Michaels finest. 7th overall in 2011 ahead of Klay Kawhi and Morris brothers. They did draft Kemba.

redsox12
07-07-2018, 10:44 PM
bulls already got rid of stone

The Bulls will waive Julyan Stone.
No surprises here after the deal today. Stone's salary was $1.65 million and he'll be a free agent after he clears waivers.

rotoworld

jaydubb
07-08-2018, 01:47 AM
Weird deal

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LOb0
07-08-2018, 02:06 AM
Horrible contract for horrible contract swap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Josh Robbins

@JoshuaBRobbins

The Magic also traded two future second-round draft picks to Charlotte in the trade.

Little more in the trade.

IndyRealist
07-08-2018, 08:16 AM
The reporting on this is really muddled. It's hard to tell who was on what team so it's difficult to understand the logic of the deal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Josh Robbins

@JoshuaBRobbins

These are the second-round picks the Magic will send to Charlotte (along with Bismack Biyombo) as part of the three-team trade:

• The less favorable of Washington's & Denver’s 2nd-rd picks in 2019.

• The less favorable of Brooklyn's & NYK’s 2nd-round picks in 2020. Details of the second round picks.

IndyRealist
07-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Orlando trades: Bismack Biyombo, 2 2nd round picks
Orlando gets: Jerian Grant, Timofey Mosgov

Chicago trades: Jerian Grant
Chicago gets: Julyan Stone (waived)

Charlotte trades: Timofey Mosgov, Julyan Stone
Charlotte gets: Bismack Biyombo, 2 2nd round picks

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-08-2018, 08:35 AM
I think with Stone waived. Bulls have like $19M yet? Curious if they gunning for Jabari Parker with that.

Vinylman
07-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Blockbuster!!!!!

TylerSL
07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
It seems like Charlotte just made a trade for the sake of making a trade where Orlando and Chicago actually got something out of it. Chicago is going full on tank mode next year and they shed salary and Orlando got out of the Biyombo contract and acquired Grant as well. I honestly have no idea what Charlotte is doing or what direction they are going in. They aren't good enough to make the playoffs in the East and have all sorts of cap issues, but they bring in Tony Parker and take back an even higher salary in Biyombo over Mozgov. Kemba Walker should ask for a trade ASAP.

While Mozgov is owed more than $32 million over the next two years, Biyombo was owed $34 million. Neither player would have played a significant role for Orlando after drafting Bamba and already having Vucevic. The Magic also acquired a strong peremiter defender in Grant who can also facilitate. If everything falls into place for them, I could actually see the Magic fighting for a playoff spot next year.

KG2TB
07-08-2018, 10:31 PM
How are the bulls going full tank mode next year? By trading jerian Grant? Lol

They just re-signed LaVine. Bulls will try to compete next season. Trying and doing are two different things but they won’t actively try to tank.

FlashBolt
07-09-2018, 07:53 AM

They just re-signed LaVine. Bulls will try to compete next season. Trying and doing are two different things but they won’t actively try to tank.

Lol. What are the Bulls trying to compete with? That roster is a joke. East sucks so they can surprise us and make the playoffs but they aren't competing at all. More like eight teams need to be in the playoffs on each conference.

IndyRealist
07-09-2018, 08:17 AM

I think what Flash is trying to say is that while trading Grant doesn't necessarily indicate a full tank, retaining Levine doesn't indicate they are trying to compete either. It's simply a move to retain talent. They're going to struggle with or without those two.