PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Games

TylerSL
07-07-2018, 10:41 AM
What should the Christmas games be next season? The league always tries to make marquee match ups on Christmas and with the league changed so much, what do you think the games should be? There are always five games on Christmas and keep in mind the NBA always has the Lakers/Knicks on Christmas no matter what. Knowing that, this would be my Christmas Day games;

Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors-It should be obvious that there is no need for a Finals rematch on Christmas, so the NBA should go with a rematch of the Western Conference Finals (basically the real Finals)

Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers-The Lakers/Celtics are both relevant for the first time since they played in the Finals in 2010. Their rivalry should pick back up with them both being good, and a game on Christmas Day in the rejuvenated Los Angeles would be a great way to revive it. Also, LeBron vs Kyrie.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz-Westbrook/George would get a rematch against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs. Both teams will likely be better than they were a season ago. OKC will likely have better chemistry and next year and Donovan Mitchell will likely improve from his terrific rookie year.

Philiadelphia 76ers @ New York Knicks-While they will probably be better than they have been in a while, the Knicks don't belong on Christmas. However since the league puts them on the schedule every year I expect they will again, and Philly would be the perfect opponent. The Sixers and Knicks share the same division and the game would feature at least one relevant team.

Portland Trail Blazers @ New Orleans Pelicans-Another playoff rematch that would be a star studded affair. AD and Dame are two of the best players in the game and seeing the stars on Christmas is what the fans want to see. Seems right to include these teams.

Thoughts?

GREATNESS ONE
07-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Lakers vs Celtics or OKC

Cal827
07-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Pretty good ideas :clap:

though I would switch the 76ers/Knicks game to Toronto at Philadelphia instead (homer alert! :D ), just mainly because positioning last year in the Atlantic Division (Philly wants to be the division winner this season after Toronto won it the previous year.... and with Boston preoccupied...). But I fully understand why you put the Knicks there as we both know that they won't be off the Christmas schedule :laugh2:

warfelg
07-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Knicks vs Raptors - Knicks are pretty much going to always going to be on Christmas and they'll almost always start off the day as long as they are where they are.

Sixers vs Celtics - Eastern conference future on display for the second game of the day. Pitting these two against each other would really spike ratings midday.

Bucks vs Wolves - A midday respit while still featuring some great players.

Thunder vs Rockets - CP3/Harden v Westy/PG. Fun matchup.

Lakers vs Warriors - LeBron against the Hamptons.

Lakers + Giants
07-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Please put us against OKC

Dubs v Rockets
Lakers v OKC
76ers v Celtics

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Knicks will always play on Christmas. $$$$$

Dade County
07-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Raps vs Knciks … rating from both markets

Bucks vs OKC … small market star power

New Orleans vs 76ers … AD vs Embiid

Boston vs Lakers … tradition & market size

Houston vs Golden State… Game of the day

Firefistus
07-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Jazz usually have Christmas off because the owners request. They also play less Sunday games because of that. And almost zero Sunday games at home. (during the regular season of course, playoffs are different). A little unknown fact to most.

Brybmc868
07-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Knicks vs whoever and you got my attention

rhino17
07-09-2018, 06:53 PM
What should the Christmas games be next season? The league always tries to make marquee match ups on Christmas and with the league changed so much, what do you think the games should be? There are always five games on Christmas and keep in mind the NBA always has the Lakers/Knicks on Christmas no matter what. Knowing that, this would be my Christmas Day games;

Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors-It should be obvious that there is no need for a Finals rematch on Christmas, so the NBA should go with a rematch of the Western Conference Finals (basically the real Finals)

Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers-The Lakers/Celtics are both relevant for the first time since they played in the Finals in 2010. Their rivalry should pick back up with them both being good, and a game on Christmas Day in the rejuvenated Los Angeles would be a great way to revive it. Also, LeBron vs Kyrie.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz-Westbrook/George would get a rematch against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs. Both teams will likely be better than they were a season ago. OKC will likely have better chemistry and next year and Donovan Mitchell will likely improve from his terrific rookie year.

Philiadelphia 76ers @ New York Knicks-While they will probably be better than they have been in a while, the Knicks don't belong on Christmas. However since the league puts them on the schedule every year I expect they will again, and Philly would be the perfect opponent. The Sixers and Knicks share the same division and the game would feature at least one relevant team.

Portland Trail Blazers @ New Orleans Pelicans-Another playoff rematch that would be a star studded affair. AD and Dame are two of the best players in the game and seeing the stars on Christmas is what the fans want to see. Seems right to include these teams.

Thoughts?

Looks right to me. Raptors should be there over the Knicks, but that wont happen. Idk why anyone would want to watch the knicks

WaDe03
07-09-2018, 11:09 PM
The GOAT usually always plays on Christmas and he usually wins.

kdspurman
07-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Spurs/Raptors making the cut? 0_o

JordansBulls
07-18-2018, 11:22 PM
The GOAT usually always plays on Christmas and he usually wins.

Yes MJ was 5-1 on those games.

WaDe03
07-18-2018, 11:52 PM
Yes MJ was 5-1 on those games.

I’m talking about Wade, the GOAT Christmas Day performer.

TrustJoseph
07-19-2018, 12:32 AM
Looks good too me.