PDA

View Full Version : Where will Melo end up?

Pages : [1] 2

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Iím going to guess the Lakers or the Rockets.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Omfg no way!!!!!!!!!!!

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Likely destinations:

Warriors
Rockets
Lakers

D-Leethal
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Safe to assume he will follow LeBron.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Sounds complicated to me, maybe a team with cap trades for him and then buys him out. Iím sure OKC would rather not stretch him but I feel it might come to that.

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Likely destinations:

Warriors
Rockets
Lakers

If he wants playing time Lakers would be the team that could offer the most.

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Sounds complicated to me, maybe a team with cap trades for him and then buys him out. Iím sure OKC would rather not stretch him but I feel it might come to that.

Any team trading for him would pretty much have to have an agreed buyout set. He has trade veto power still. He wont get traded to just anyone and any competitor does have cap for him to be traded unless OKC takes equal cap back which defeats the purpose here.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Any team trading for him would pretty much have to have an agreed buyout set. He has trade veto power still. He wont get traded to just anyone and any competitor does have cap for him to be traded unless OKC takes equal cap back which defeats the purpose here.

Yea I think stretching him is most likely. He could fill right in Arizas role on the Rockets

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Yea I think stretching him is most likely. He could fill right in Arizas role on the Rockets

That could work.

BGeer091
07-06-2018, 12:57 PM
I'd take him back in NY.... Just to waive him and clear the cap. Hardaway and Lee could really help out OKC.

ewing
07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
China

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Golden State obviously.

Ty Fast
07-06-2018, 01:09 PM

Thats my pick too. Lakers and Golden State could pick him up as well.

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2018, 01:11 PM
he isnt going to GS
he doesnt fit with the Rockets style of play
Lakers best fit come off the bench post player

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 01:14 PM
he isnt going to GS
he doesnt fit with the Rockets style of play
Lakers best fit come off the bench post player

Melo. off the bench? lol, good luck. Maybe LeBron sons him and tells him to do so but he has said he won't come off the bench.

TrueFan420
07-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Only two teams he would play for are Houston or LA. I hope he goes to the Rockets tho. I think he he could be a difference maker for them and CP3 will put him in check mode.

Rain City
07-06-2018, 01:19 PM

fit in ariza's role minus the good defense.
by name melo is better than ariza but HOU started valuing defense last year which doesn't make him a good fit, but HOU was the first team i thought of. He will want to be on a contender, and there is playing time for him their, relationship w/ CP.

there was talks of him going to POR last year.
TOR, NO other teams i think of.
maybe close the book on his career in DEN he can get some love there.
thing is he's not a impact player any more, prolly hurts a contender more than helps.

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 01:23 PM
please go to the lakers!

Leftcoast_yg
07-06-2018, 01:38 PM
please go to the lakers!
Please go to philly

LA_Raiders
07-06-2018, 01:49 PM
He is going to Portland or Washington. May be The Warriors.

c.c.
07-06-2018, 01:50 PM

You do know the Rockets lost their starting SF right? So Houston got the minutes for him as well

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Please go to philly

lol zero chance. hes a perfect fit with that team of headcases

KnickNyKnick
07-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Hes going to GS or Hou needs that ring.

JLynn943
07-06-2018, 01:55 PM

Sac could step in. We have cap space and need a first round pick next year.

Leftcoast_yg
07-06-2018, 01:56 PM
lol zero chance. hes a perfect fit with that team of headcases

Your right anyone has a better chance at ring with the Lakers than the 76ers.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't think Melo goes to the Warriors. He's friends with CP3/Wade/LeBron and I think they all have something against the Warriors and that would make them think less of Melo. Unless Melo gets desperate and wants to end his career with a ring, I can see him joining the Warriors but my thoughts are it is Houston or Lakers. I'm just glad we are getting rid of this guy. If he came off the bench, it'd be a different story. But him unwilling to sacrifice his role when Wade did it for years is pretty cancerous to us.

Dade County
07-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Iím going to guess the Lakers or the Rockets.

Lakers
Houston
HEAT

In that order.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Hell be in Houston.

c.c.
07-06-2018, 02:37 PM
If he go to LA, who starting Melo or Kuzma?

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Lakers
Rockets
Heat

Teams interested in him per Woj

TakeYourL
07-06-2018, 02:51 PM

Melo can't start anywhere that has a legit shot at trying to be a top seed.

I think you guys are really underestimating how much he's fallen off.

His offense isn't good anymore, he doesn't even attempt to drive the ball to the hoop, he's not a mismatch anywhere on the court anymore, can't even pick on power forwards, and gets lite up by small forwards, and since he doesn't do anything but score, that's a pretty big deal.

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 02:53 PM

I think Melo gets the vet nod but for 4 minutes Id say probably 28 Kuzma 20 Melo. Close but still slightly more to the young guy.

c.c.
07-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Melo can't start anywhere that has a legit shot at trying to be a top seed.

I think you guys are really underestimating how much he's fallen off.

His offense isn't good anymore, he doesn't even attempt to drive the ball to the hoop, he's not a mismatch anywhere on the court anymore, can't even pick on power forwards, and gets lite up by small forwards, and since he doesn't do anything but score, that's a pretty big deal.

He can start in Houston

uprightciti
07-06-2018, 03:02 PM
He is gonna go with the lakers and lebron

then the lakers are gonna make a trade for dame

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Your right anyone has a better chance at ring with the Lakers than the 76ers.

sure about that? you currently have like a 6 seed type team at best lol

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2018, 03:31 PM
I don't think Melo goes to the Warriors. He's friends with CP3/Wade/LeBron and I think they all have something against the Warriors and that would make them think less of Melo. Unless Melo gets desperate and wants to end his career with a ring, I can see him joining the Warriors but my thoughts are it is Houston or Lakers. I'm just glad we are getting rid of this guy. If he came off the bench, it'd be a different story. But him unwilling to sacrifice his role when Wade did it for years is pretty cancerous to us.

Melo refusing to come off of the bench, regardless of Carmelo's attitude about doing so is the least of OKC's worries. There is nobody better than Carmelo, on OKC's bench. Benching Carmelo makes 0 sense.

Joemoes
07-06-2018, 03:36 PM
If CP3 and Lebron teamed up coulda had the whole crew with Wade and Melo on cheap deals

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Melo refusing to come off of the bench, regardless of Carmelo's attitude about doing so is the least of OKC's worries. There is nobody better than Carmelo, on OKC's bench. Benching Carmelo makes 0 sense.

He's a terrible fit because he doesn't want to be a catch-and-shoot player.. that's been the biggest problem having Melo on the court because he needs the ball to get going and when you regulate him as a Kyle Korver type player, he's practically useless. He can't play defense nor create for others so what you have is someone getting paid $27 million to just stand there. When we offered him to come off the bench, it's based on the fact that he would get more touches and be more useful while we give RWB some rest. He declined and voiced against it. Being someone coming off the bench doesn't mean you're bench player quality. It just means it was a better fit for a team in some cases and that was something Melo refused to do.

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 04:00 PM

hes a black hole, benching him making nothing but sense.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 04:05 PM
**** it Iíll take him and then try to trade for Jimmy Lillard Kawhi or Love.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:11 PM
**** it Iíll take him and then try to trade for Jimmy Lillard Kawhi or Love.

doesn't Melo have an NTC? I doubt he would consider a trade to Minny, Portland, or Cleveland. Spurs, maybe but I think Spurs would rather not have him at all.

lakerfan85
07-06-2018, 04:18 PM
**** Melo

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2018, 04:19 PM
hes a black hole, benching him making nothing but sense.

ah ok! Thanks for the insight!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2018, 04:21 PM
He's a terrible fit because he doesn't want to be a catch-and-shoot player.. that's been the biggest problem having Melo on the court because he needs the ball to get going and when you regulate him as a Kyle Korver type player, he's practically useless. He can't play defense nor create for others so what you have is someone getting paid $27 million to just stand there. When we offered him to come off the bench, it's based on the fact that he would get more touches and be more useful while we give RWB some rest. He declined and voiced against it. Being someone coming off the bench doesn't mean you're bench player quality. It just means it was a better fit for a team in some cases and that was something Melo refused to do.

That makes sense, but if "coming off the bench" means that much to Carmelo, why not just regulate his minutes, so that he's getting most of his time in with the 2nd unit, while still starting games?

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 04:23 PM
That makes sense, but if "coming off the bench" means that much to Carmelo, why not just regulate his minutes, so that he's getting most of his time in with the 2nd unit, while still starting games?

Pretty much what I mentioned earlier. Let Melo get the starting nod and limit his minutes. Gives Melo the respect of being the vet starter while keeping his legs fresh and playing him as needed instead of being a main guy.

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 04:40 PM
ah ok! Thanks for the insight!

you think hes still making a positive impact? youre just being a homer, dude is toast, hes a bum.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Because we still need him on the court. As bad as the fit was, we had no one else to give us good minutes. It didn't mean Melo was to not play with our best lineup but we did the same years ago with Harden coming off the bench and when we needed to close out games, we had Harden+KD+Ibaka+Westbrook. It's not a dig on Melo's reputation (which he seemed to think it was) but it just made more sense for both sides. melo gets more touches and our fit makes more sense.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 04:46 PM
doesn't Melo have an NTC? I doubt he would consider a trade to Minny, Portland, or Cleveland. Spurs, maybe but I think Spurs would rather not have him at all.

I meant get Melo after heís stretched by signing him and then trading for one of those guys not including Melo in the deal.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:52 PM
I meant get Melo after heís stretched by signing him and then trading for one of those guys not including Melo in the deal.

I'd rather waive the guy outright or try and trade him than stretch as a fan but I can see why the owners will stretch his contract. problem with stretching is we're already screwed in our cap situation. We'd be seriously fcked trying to get any players in the future. It's either we pay that tax bill (which I don't care as a fan but owners are going to look to get it removed) or we stretch it and then risk not getting any good pieces to fill our roster. I wouldn't mind just keeping Melo to get him off the books over stretching, actually. Not my $100 million lol

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 04:57 PM
I'd rather waive the guy outright or try and trade him than stretch as a fan but I can see why the owners will stretch his contract. problem with stretching is we're already screwed in our cap situation. We'd be seriously fcked trying to get any players in the future. It's either we pay that tax bill (which I don't care as a fan but owners are going to look to get it removed) or we stretch it and then risk not getting any good pieces to fill our roster. I wouldn't mind just keeping Melo to get him off the books over stretching, actually. Not my $100 million lol

Yea itís going to suck if you all have to stretch him but I donít see many scenarios where someone could just absorb his cap and rid you all of it but Iíll admit I havenít looked much. They will save a **** ton of their own money by stretching though like you said.

mightybosstone
07-06-2018, 05:07 PM
I still think Houston is probably toward the top of Melo's list. But I'm not sure if I want him or not...

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Yea itís going to suck if you all have to stretch him but I donít see many scenarios where someone could just absorb his cap and rid you all of it but Iíll admit I havenít looked much. They will save a **** ton of their own money by stretching though like you said.

I hope we can do a buyout. It's not really Melo's fault as he expected to be a key starter. He's just not the same player and can't expect to be at this point. He'd fit well coming off the bench but he's been upset about it. If we do a buyout, it might end up helping him get more money. Maybe he gets on a team where he can fit perfectly and drop his 20 points on very good efficiency and get a better contract because the way things are now, no one would want to pay him close to what he would want

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 05:09 PM
I still think Houston is probably toward the top of Melo's list. But I'm not sure if I want him or not...

he's not a great shooter, will need the ball to dribble, and won't come off the bench. Houston doesn't really make sense unless you guys want to get rid of Anderson somehow

mightybosstone
07-06-2018, 05:11 PM
he's not a great shooter, will need the ball to dribble, and won't come off the bench. Houston doesn't really make sense unless you guys want to get rid of Anderson somehow

Personally, I'd much rather add a 3 and D guy to replace Ariza. But if Morey thinks Melo will make the team better, I trust his judgment.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Sac could step in. We have cap space and need a first round pick next year.

Yeah I just read that rumor. Kings got like $17M yet and willing to eat contracts. But they want a 2019 first back and or a veteran SF.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Yeah I just read that rumor. Kings got like $17M yet and willing to eat contracts. But they want a 2019 first back and or a veteran SF.

melo is a veteran SF!

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 05:46 PM
I hope we can do a buyout. It's not really Melo's fault as he expected to be a key starter. He's just not the same player and can't expect to be at this point. He'd fit well coming off the bench but he's been upset about it. If we do a buyout, it might end up helping him get more money. Maybe he gets on a team where he can fit perfectly and drop his 20 points on very good efficiency and get a better contract because the way things are now, no one would want to pay him close to what he would want

Just depends on how much money your owner is willing to eat when it comes to the buyout. I wouldnít mind him in in Miami. They are strict about condition and having low body fat percentages, I wonder what shredding up a little could do for him.

esscobar05
07-06-2018, 05:48 PM

Rockets have the most playing time available... They just let Ariza walk... Lakers have Bron, Kuzma, Ingram, Stephenson they all can play the 3...... Rockets is the choice..

Vinylman
07-06-2018, 06:49 PM
You do know the Rockets lost their starting SF right? So Houston got the minutes for him as well

and a coach he hated when they were in NY

doesn't matter... Melo is pretty much a ***** so he probably goes for the cheap chip and lands in GS...

he called up Cousins and asked for the script he used

Vinylman
07-06-2018, 06:51 PM

neither

Ball
KCP
Lebron
Ingram
Center TBD

c.c.
07-06-2018, 06:56 PM
neither

Ball
KCP
Lebron
Ingram
Center TBD

Ingram is too soft to play PF and Ball is not good enough to start over Rondo

Jamiecballer
07-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Pretty much what I mentioned earlier. Let Melo get the starting nod and limit his minutes. Gives Melo the respect of being the vet starter while keeping his legs fresh and playing him as needed instead of being a main guy.you need more from melo, not less. there is no way play him 22 mins a night without having a candid conversation upfront that says you're not that guy anymore

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Vinylman
07-06-2018, 07:05 PM

sighÖ that is the starting line up...

but the Lakers thank you for your input Ö we will file it where it is appropriate

Leftcoast_yg
07-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Your best player isn't good enough he doesn't show up in the games his team needs him for the playoffs.

Leftcoast_yg
07-06-2018, 07:10 PM
sighÖ that is the starting line up...

but the Lakers thank you for your input Ö we will file it where it is appropriate

Lol

mightybosstone
07-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Your best player isn't good enough he doesn't show up in the games his team needs him for the playoffs.

Jesus. Is that the best attempt at trolling Lakers' fans can muster nowadays? It just be hard knowing the guy you've dumped on the last 15 years is now your best chance at redemption.

You think that **** would have humbled you, but I guess some of you guys are as arrogant and ignorant as ever. :eyebrow:

More-Than-Most
07-06-2018, 07:32 PM
If contending teams were smart they would stay away from him... I am warning the rockets now... Any shot you might have at the warriors as little as you do will be gone if you give melo playing time... He will do nothing but hurt the team he goes to... I said it when the thunder traded for him as well... Nobody should want this dude.

IKnowHoops
07-06-2018, 09:15 PM
neither

Ball
KCP
Lebron
Ingram
Center TBD

KCP...I donít know much about this guy at all. How good is he. Give me 5 guys whoís level he is on? Is he better than Deon Waiters offensively?

IKnowHoops
07-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Lol

Right?

beasted86
07-06-2018, 09:24 PM
I actually wish he would go back to Denver.

cheetos185
07-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Melo should go to Rockets him and cp3 always wanted to team up and maybe he gives rockets enough fire power to beat warriors the only issue is Melo and Mike's relationship from NY days.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
07-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Thunders title odds go up when Melo is released LMAO says it all

R. Johnson#3
07-07-2018, 03:11 PM
He should be dealt to a bottom feeder so he can get the 25 shots a game he thinks he deserves.

Joemoes
07-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Is Wade a free agent also?

FlashBolt
07-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Is Wade a free agent also?

Yes. But I think it's a foregone conclusion he stays in Miami.

smith&wesson
07-07-2018, 11:27 PM
I donít think Dantoni would want him with the Rockets. The Warriors donít need him or have much room for him. I think all signs point to the Lakers

L8kers4life
07-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Jesus. Is that the best attempt at trolling Lakers' fans can muster nowadays? It just be hard knowing the guy you've dumped on the last 15 years is now your best chance at redemption.

You think that **** would have humbled you, but I guess some of you guys are as arrogant and ignorant as ever. :eyebrow:

He's talking ish to Laker fans, he is not a Lakers fan.

FlashBolt
07-08-2018, 01:02 AM
melo prefers lakers

Joemoes
07-08-2018, 01:38 AM
The sixers seem like the best fit basketball wise. No issues with coach will know his roll as a vet there and be looked to for scoring. Now I doubt it happens.

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2018, 02:02 AM
melo prefers lakers

I actuallt think he might be a good fit there, with 3 playmakers.

lakerfan85
07-08-2018, 10:24 AM
God I hope the Lakers donít sign that washed up chucker..

blahblahyoutoo
07-08-2018, 11:15 AM
in china somewhere probably.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Melo should go East. He could probably make the AS team.

IKnowHoops
07-08-2018, 12:51 PM
melo prefers lakers

For 28 mill Melo destroys your franchise. For 2 mil, heís a solid role player.

If they sign Melo, they need to go get Wade! Would be amazing to see them together...with Bosh to

Heediot
07-08-2018, 01:00 PM
For 28 mill Melo destroys your franchise. For 2 mil, heís a solid role player.

If they sign Melo, they need to go get Wade! Would be amazing to see them together...with Bosh to

As long as they don't take away from the development of the youngins'. Lakers need guys to develop to help Bron and or increase their trade value in case they need to trade for someone.

Heediot
07-08-2018, 01:01 PM
I donít think Dantoni would want him with the Rockets. The Warriors donít need him or have much room for him. I think all signs point to the Lakers

Cp has clout, so he might be able to convince Mike and Morey.

IKnowHoops
07-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Rhondo is the perfect player to put with Melo on that second unit.

PG Lonzo/Rhondo/Wade
SG Ingram/KCP/Hart
SF Bron/Melo
PF Kuz
C McGee/Bosh

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Melo is going to stun the grown of ingram and Kuzma

smith&wesson
07-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Cp has clout, so he might be able to convince Mike and Morey.

I see it as the other way around... Paul suggests Melo and Dantoni absolutely shuts it down... you remember Dantonis stint with New York? Melo just doesnít fit Dantoniís system.

Also he plays 0 defence. Imagine Harden and Melo in the same line up.. the aposing wings would have a field day

With the Lakers you have enough defenders in Rondo, Lance, Lebron, Mcgee as a rim protector.. but they do lack scoring and bench depth so I think Melo could definitely help there. And if he gets bought out and the Lakers could get him for the vets min I think they would be good with that.

Plus they need someone at PF other than Kuzma and I think both Melo and James can see mins at the 4 leaving mins for Ingram and Hart at the 3.

smith&wesson
07-08-2018, 01:31 PM

PG Lonzo/Rhondo/Wade
SG Ingram/KCP/Hart
SF Bron/Melo
PF Kuz
C McGee/Bosh

I agree, I think Rondo, Lance, Melo off the bench could be effective.. as crazy as that sounds

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Melos game is part of the old NBA and his game has never evolved.

When Melo checks into the game, they go at him every time. lol

ldawg
07-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Melo need to come to terms that being a role player and bench player is best at this phase in his career. Just dont be another Latrell Sprewell. Isaiah Thomas aslo struggle with this. To ease the pain he should join Lebron in LA. Going to another team and sucking wont be a good look.

TakeYourL
07-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Melo need to come to terms that being a role player and bench player is best at this phase in his career. Just dont be another Latrell Sprewell. Isaiah Thomas aslo struggle with this. To ease the pain he should join Lebron in LA. Going to another team and sucking wont be a good look.

Problem is melo doesn't know he fell off. In his mind, it's still Melo time....

He should go to Charlotte or somewhere like that, that doesn't get big names, and may still treat him like a star.

Joemoes
07-08-2018, 02:15 PM

PG Lonzo/Rhondo/Wade
SG Ingram/KCP/Hart
SF Bron/Melo
PF Kuz
C McGee/Bosh

Wade and bosh are on the lakers ? No shot Wade bosh and melo all end up there.

Heediot
07-08-2018, 02:34 PM
I see it as the other way around... Paul suggests Melo and Dantoni absolutely shuts it down... you remember Dantonis stint with New York? Melo just doesnít fit Dantoniís system.

Also he plays 0 defence. Imagine Harden and Melo in the same line up.. the aposing wings would have a field day

With the Lakers you have enough defenders in Rondo, Lance, Lebron, Mcgee as a rim protector.. but they do lack scoring and bench depth so I think Melo could definitely help there. And if he gets bought out and the Lakers could get him for the vets min I think they would be good with that.

Plus they need someone at PF other than Kuzma and I think both Melo and James can see mins at the 4 leaving mins for Ingram and Hart at the 3.

I can see where your going with tactics and strategy, but If Melo wants Houston, I think they'll cave in. He'll be had for the vet min, so they can always dump him with little to no risk. In OKC, it was different because the guy is being paid over 25 mil, in Hou he'll be paid vet min.

I think Melo puts in work to attempt to get a solid contract next off-season when his current one expires. Whether he'll be successful who knows?

IKnowHoops
07-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Wade and bosh are on the lakers ? No shot Wade bosh and melo all end up there.

Yeah I know, just having fun. I still like

PG Lonzo/Rhondo
SG Ingram/KCP/Hart
SF Lebron/Lance
PF Kuz/Melo
C McGee/?????

Actually Melo would be a nice round out the roster edition. He needs to play his roll, and if he does heíd be a positive. In his roll, heíll still be a lot better than average.

IKnowHoops
07-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Melo always looks doey and fat. Hopefully he puts in some serious work in the fitness side of things as well as his shooting and comes in at his potential. I do think he will play better with Bron than with Russ.

FlashBolt
07-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Melo always looks doey and fat. Hopefully he puts in some serious work in the fitness side of things as well as his shooting and comes in at his potential. I do think he will play better with Bron than with Russ.

Bron needs to tell melo to come off the bench. In fact, Lakers need to make that an agreement if they were to ever offer Melo a deal. He's simply not worth the hassle and is not a great fit on a starting lineup any longer. If this were seven years ago, he'd be the 2nd option on a championship team but as it stands, he's probably a 4-5th option. I think a trade is happening soon. Lakers need more size. They have way too many wings right now.

Lonzo
Ingram
Rondo
Lance
Kuzma
LeBron
Deng
Hart

smith&wesson
07-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Bron needs to tell melo to come off the bench. In fact, Lakers need to make that an agreement if they were to ever offer Melo a deal. He's simply not worth the hassle and is not a great fit on a starting lineup any longer. If this were seven years ago, he'd be the 2nd option on a championship team but as it stands, he's probably a 4-5th option. I think a trade is happening soon. Lakers need more size. They have way too many wings right now.

Lonzo
Ingram
Rondo
Lance
Kuzma
LeBron
Deng
Hart

And of all the big men available they went and signed McGee lol .. like wtf

NYKnickFanatic
07-08-2018, 06:25 PM
And of all the big men available they went and signed McGee lol .. like wtf

What's wrong with McGee? High energy player and brings that championship experience.

c.c.
07-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Rondo, Lance, McGee < PJ Tucker, Luc Mbah a Moute, Capela

I didnít put Lebron because he is a defensive threat. Rondo maybe, heís still declining and most just give him credit for his past. The other two are hot garbage.

How dare you

c.c.
07-08-2018, 06:40 PM
What's wrong with McGee? High energy player and brings that championship experience.

Championship experience you say? Over rated statement

Joemoes
07-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Rondo, Lance, McGee < PJ Tucker, Luc Mbah a Moute, Capela

I didnít put Lebron because he is a defensive threat. Rondo maybe, heís still declining and most just give him credit for his past. The other two are hot garbage.

How dare you

Obviously Capela is better he's young top talent . I don't think the lakers plan on starting McGee or playing him for more then 15 minutes. Lance I'd argue is better then Moute. Rondo better then ticker but they don't even do the same things. This is honestly a dumb comparison. Tucker and capela will start where McGee and lance won't and rondo possibly won't but he's a point guard and uncomparable to the other three.

Joemoes
07-08-2018, 07:19 PM

Agree especially a bench player like McGee who had a crucial mistake in game 1 I believe of the finals. If this was Iguadala or someone like that I can get behind championship experience. McGee didn't even really play until they played the Cavs or iguadala got hurt I can't remember.

Jayb587
07-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Lonzo
Ingram
Rondo
Lance
Kuzma
LeBron
Deng
Hart

I think the Lakers are going to just play alot of small ball and try to run people out the gym. While playing solid defense with switches and such.

When we play good bigs. Mghee will play. Other than that the Lakers will try to force teams centers off the floor with small quick lineups.

c.c.
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Obviously Capela is better he's young top talent . I don't think the lakers plan on starting McGee or playing him for more then 15 minutes. Lance I'd argue is better then Moute. Rondo better then ticker but they don't even do the same things. This is honestly a dumb comparison. Tucker and capela will start where McGee and lance won't and rondo possibly won't but he's a point guard and uncomparable to the other three.

How itís dumb? You the one that mentioned them dudes in a statement saying ďMelo will be better on the Lakers because they can put better defensive players around himĒ or something like that

c.c.
07-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Agree especially a bench player like McGee who had a crucial mistake in game 1 I believe of the finals. If this was Iguadala or someone like that I can get behind championship experience. McGee didn't even really play until they played the Cavs or iguadala got hurt I can't remember.

Thanks bro, I thought I was the only sane person who read that.

mightybosstone
07-08-2018, 10:37 PM

Still not sure how I feel about this, but definitely feel like it was worth mentioning.

DanG
07-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Hope he does not come to the Lakers.

Inefficient with no defensive effort, really the last player we need.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2018, 01:43 AM

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/when-my-sarcasm-goes-over-your-head-it-not-only-entertains-me-it-reinforces-my-superiority--25d2f.png

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2018, 01:44 AM
I think Melo could be effective with a legit playmaker, maybe not 25+ppg effective but definitely 16ppg kinda player, he would probably start in Houston

Saddletramp
07-09-2018, 03:18 AM
https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/when-my-sarcasm-goes-over-your-head-it-not-only-entertains-me-it-reinforces-my-superiority--25d2f.png

Youíre a girl?

steamroller
07-09-2018, 04:07 AM

Still not sure how I feel about this, but definitely feel like it was worth mentioning.

HOU's title chances are completely shot if they sign Carmelo.

More-Than-Most
07-09-2018, 04:07 AM
I think Melo could be effective with a legit playmaker, maybe not 25+ppg effective but definitely 16ppg kinda player, he would probably start in Houston

no no he wouldnt. He hurts any team he goes to because he is a man out of time who plays 0 defense. His offensive game does not equate to anything in todays NBA except a negative and his defensive game is so bad its hilarious. Any team that gets this dude has just become worse and any GM that thinks he helps their team should be fired. He and Drose should not be in the NBA but GMs are stupid.

More-Than-Most
07-09-2018, 04:09 AM

this... you lose any shot nomatter how small it currently is with this dude. He is so garbo.

steamroller
07-09-2018, 04:10 AM
Daryl Morey's not dumb enough to sign this bum. Perhaps Malinka is.

c.c.
07-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Youíre a girl?

Haha

brandt
07-09-2018, 11:04 AM
HOU's title chances are completely shot if they sign Carmelo.
Theyíre already shot without him, so why not?

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Youíre a girl?

I donít see gender.

c.c.
07-09-2018, 04:00 PM
I donít see gender.

Thatís sounds so New York of you

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Thatís sounds so New York of you

Thank you.

Silent
07-09-2018, 05:47 PM

He Can Shoot, That"s what you need

Jdonuts102
07-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Y'all do realize melo had 53 blocks last year, What defense isn't he playing

Vinylman
07-09-2018, 07:24 PM

we have 4 guys on the roster right now (not counting Lebron) that shot better from 3 last year than melo

Hart
Ingram
KCP
Kuzma

Rent a clue

Jdonuts102
07-09-2018, 09:12 PM
we have 4 guys on the roster right now (not counting Lebron) that shot better from 3 last year than melo

Hart
Ingram
KCP
Kuzma

Rent a clue
Melos not a three point shooter that's not saying much

c.c.
07-09-2018, 10:28 PM

Harden was 7th in steals last year but he still gets clowned for his defense.

WaDe03
07-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Sounding like Heat or Rockets.

WaDe03
07-09-2018, 11:16 PM

53 blocks for the regular season and playoffs combined isnít impressive for a 6í8 player.

Wade at 6í4 and 36 years old had 48 in 1,100 less minutes.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2018, 11:32 PM

And even though heís not the smartest player, his freakish size and athletic ability make him a serious serious weapon when used correctly, which he will be. Bron made Tristan Thompson into Shawn Kemp😂. Ball and Rhondo will also make him a force.

More-Than-Most
07-09-2018, 11:34 PM

is this serious? Like what Dupe are you because this cant be serious.

blahblahyoutoo
07-09-2018, 11:36 PM
53 blocks for the regular season and playoffs combined isnít impressive for a 6í8 player.

Wade at 6í4 and 36 years old had 48 in 1,100 less minutes.

it's impressive because melo is fat.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2018, 11:38 PM
no no he wouldnt. He hurts any team he goes to because he is a man out of time who plays 0 defense. His offensive game does not equate to anything in todays NBA except a negative and his defensive game is so bad its hilarious. Any team that gets this dude has just become worse and any GM that thinks he helps their team should be fired. He and Drose should not be in the NBA but GMs are stupid.
😂

ldawg
07-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Melo would be stupid to go Houston. Being him and Dantoni was a bad fit. Also given Houston is already a good team that cam close to beating the champs so he cant add anything to Houston. Lakers will be his best bet. Lakers missed the playoffs in like forever so just getting to the playoff would be a success. Lebron can use a hand in LA and if they win It won have that Melo hop on for a ride on a ready made team.

Jayb587
07-10-2018, 12:26 AM
Melo would be stupid to go Houston. Being him and Dantoni was a bad fit. Also given Houston is already a good team that cam close to beating the champs so he cant add anything to Houston. Lakers will be his best bet. Lakers missed the playoffs in like forever so just getting to the playoff would be a success. Lebron can use a hand in LA and if they win It won have that Melo hop on for a ride on a ready made team.

melo will have play time issues in LA. In Hou he can start and continue to pretend he is still good.

Vinylman
07-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Melos not a three point shooter that's not saying much

PSD... where dupes run wild and logic is never a prerequisite for an opinion

R. Johnson#3
07-10-2018, 08:52 AM

Heís been under 45% from the field for the past 5 years and he plays the 4. Yeah he can still shoot the 3 somewhat decent but thatís not nearly enough for a guy who doesnít even bend his knees on defence.

Dudes assists plummeted last year too which goes to show that when heís not the man he gets selfish and takes more shots than he should. 15 shots a game at 40% is not what a contender wants.

MygirlhatesCod
07-10-2018, 10:26 AM
How is it not universally known that he sucks? Did everyone already forget last season? Good luck to the team that gets him. He shoots mainly 10-16 foot jumpers and hits open corner threes at a .327 rate. Doesnít space anything and enjoys putting little effort in defense. Add to the fact he is surely getting worse at almost everything at a pretty good pace.

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 10:33 AM
He's talking ish to Laker fans, he is not a Lakers fan.

Whose not a Laker fan?

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Theyíre already shot without him, so why not?

Didn't they go 1 for 27 from three pt line in their last game of the playoffs? No wonder Melo wants Houston.

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Stop crying

Leftcoast_yg
07-10-2018, 10:44 AM
If Melo gets in the best shape of his life he could definitely help a team get over the hump but that's a big if. Reports are Cp3 is really talking up Carmelo everywhere except with his gm kinda weird.

maltmonger
07-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Most overrated player in the past 20 years, if not longer. The team that signs him up will blow any chance they had of winning. As a Toronto fan, I'd like to see him in Boston, Philly, Indiana, Washington....

mightybosstone
07-10-2018, 01:51 PM
Stop crying

Who's crying? You're the one trolling.

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Any team that signs this guy will make their squad worse. Good luck!

FlashBolt
07-10-2018, 03:51 PM
I would rather have Lance Stephenson on a championship contending team than Melo. That tells you all you really need to know about Melo.

Melo does not play defense.
If you like watching players blow past Melo almost every time, take Melo.
If you like watching someone who isn't a great three point shooter, isn't that great at attacking the basket anymore, and tries to play ISO ball every possession, Melo is your guy.
If you want someone who refuses to come off the bench, thinks he's still a top player, always tries to make himself a victim, well, you know what I am going to say.

Point is, some players at their peak are great enough to turn their playstyle into something better than it really is but when they age or go through an injury, you realize that they aren't winning players. We've seen that with many players. It's just an undeniable fact that Melo brings more problems to a contending team than he can contribute. If he would come off the bench, give you 25-28 minutes a night playing as a 4-5th option, he'd have more teams willing to offer him a role and new contract. But the fact that he thinks he should be the 1st or 2nd option taking 20+ shots per game is laughable and it is why outside of Houston, Miami, and Lakers (not coincidentally, teams that include his banana boat friends), no one else is interested. Why? Because Melo has not developed himself as a team player so no one wants to play with him other than his friends (and even then, it seems like these guys are interested only because he is their friend). He gets no respect around the league in the way CP3, Wade, and LeBron has earned. Players respect Wade for his unselfishness, CP3 for being a great leader to the league and a mentor, and LeBron for being the best player. What respect has Melo gained around the league? His reputation follows him everywhere: A selfish ISO player who brings drama to your team and makes himself look like the victim. Teams should be running away from Melo unless he changes his game.

WaDe03
07-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Heís met with Houston and Miami. It Depends on if he wants to be 3rd option again or 1st (2nd in the clutch) in Miami.

mightybosstone
07-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Heís met with Houston and Miami. It Depends on if he wants to be 3rd option again or 1st (2nd in the clutch) in Miami.

If Melo goes to Miami, I think that tells you a lot about his character. No offense to the Heat, who are a very good team in a great market, but they're not remotely close to seriously contending right now. If he goes there, it tells me that he's never going to be able to get over his ego and that winning just isn't important to him.

FlashBolt
07-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Having Melo will be a detriment to your team and make your trade pieces further untradeable. He will take away possessions from your younger players and boom, you are stuck with players who teams see as even less valuable than they are because they aren't contributing at much. Melo doesn't really care about winning as much as he does the money. Wade/LeBron/Melo had a pact to have an opt-out in a certain year in the event that they may possibly play with each other if the situation allows for it. Melo couldn't resist the money being offered and took a new contract. Went to the Knicks and never tried to win. Likely scenario, Melo wants to go to Miami so he can get the most opportunity to inflate some stats and get a new pricey contract.

WaDe03
07-10-2018, 04:53 PM
If Melo goes to Miami, I think that tells you a lot about his character. No offense to the Heat, who are a very good team in a great market, but they're not remotely close to seriously contending right now. If he goes there, it tells me that he's never going to be able to get over his ego and that winning just isn't important to him.

I saw you guys are trying to sell him in coming off the bench while Miami is offering a starting spot. Thatís huge imo. If you guys lose Ariza and Luc and donít get someone worth replacing them thatís a huge loss of an offseason for you guys.

Iím thinking if Miami were to get Melo it would be the first move in a plan that revolves around a couple more for Miami but only time will tell.

WaDe03
07-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Having Melo will be a detriment to your team and make your trade pieces further untradeable. He will take away possessions from your younger players and boom, you are stuck with players who teams see as even less valuable than they are because they aren't contributing at much. Melo doesn't really care about winning as much as he does the money. Wade/LeBron/Melo had a pact to have an opt-out in a certain year in the event that they may possibly play with each other if the situation allows for it. Melo couldn't resist the money being offered and took a new contract. Went to the Knicks and never tried to win. Likely scenario, Melo wants to go to Miami so he can get the most opportunity to inflate some stats and get a new pricey contract.

I have a feeling he would be the 1st if multiple moves for Miami but at this point **** it, I donít even care lol! Just do something, get a big name guy in there and have a few exciting nights here and there when him and wade have flashbacks (no pun intended) and Miami has the best conditioning in the league so maybe heíll cut up and get some of his game back.

IKnowHoops
07-10-2018, 04:59 PM

Well, if he feels staying in a starting lineup and getting 20 per game keeps his value up higher than coming off the bench for 11 per game. In that case, you gotta do whatís best for your pocket of team all day long

mightybosstone
07-10-2018, 05:01 PM
I saw you guys are trying to sell him in coming off the bench while Miami is offering a starting spot. Thatís huge imo. If you guys lose Ariza and Luc and donít get someone worth replacing them thatís a huge loss of an offseason for you guys.

Iím thinking if Miami were to get Melo it would be the first move in a plan that revolves around a couple more for Miami but only time will tell.

I think Morey wants him to come off the bench because he recognizes where Melo is at as a player at this point in his career. If Melo is unwilling to make that compromise and is convinced he can still be a star player on a contending team, then the guy's is in denial and needs a serious ego check.

But that's kind of my point. If Melo takes the Miami gig so he can say he's a starter and get maybe 5-7 extra minutes per game over a significant role on a much better team in Houston, then I think that says something about his ego. Frankly, I don't want the guy if that's how his attitude.

mightybosstone
07-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Well, if he feels staying in a starting lineup and getting 20 per game keeps his value up higher than coming off the bench for 11 per game. In that case, you gotta do whatís best for your pocket of team all day long

But the dude's going to be 35 years old next summer. I don't care how big the empty stats are he puts up somewhere else; no team is so stupid to give him big money a year from now. Frankly, being a team player and showing he's willing to come off the bench and contribute to a winning team might be better for his pocketbook and his reputation than putting up 20+ on a .500 basketball team.

TakeYourL
07-10-2018, 05:39 PM
But the dude's going to be 35 years old next summer. I don't care how big the empty stats are he puts up somewhere else; no team is so stupid to give him big money a year from now. Frankly, being a team player and showing he's willing to come off the bench and contribute to a winning team might be better for his pocketbook and his reputation than putting up 20+ on a .500 basketball team.

That all sounds logical and should make Melos decision easy, but it's Melo were talking about.

Jayb587
07-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Damn Miami is really willing to start him lol... desperate

Oakmont_4
07-10-2018, 05:46 PM

They don't have much to lose at this point haha. Desperate sure. Looking for a hail mary and a saving grace. Which is not likely to come in the form of Carmelo Anthony.

brandt
07-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Didn't they go 1 for 27 from three pt line in their last game of the playoffs? No wonder Melo wants Houston.
Not sure what youíre referring to. I was responding to someoneís post, saying the Rockets shot at a title was over if they sign him, and I was simply saying it was already over without him, so why not sign him. Get it?

Dade County
07-11-2018, 12:47 AM

Melo is still a starter in this League as an 3rd or 4th option in a properly run offensive system. Also just because Melo wouldn't come off the bench in OKC, which I don't blame him, doesn't mean he won't do so in the future.

OKC didn't have a real offensive system, Melo thinking probably was, West just flys down court and puts up shots, and i have to go to the bench for that, just so I can get my own shots up. Also he most likely didn't respect the coaching staff and OKC period.

I think the biggest thing Melo has to get over is that, there will be no more offensive iso called for him, when he actually plays for a team with an offensive system; unless the matchup favors a one on one.

Also a team could start him & play him reserve minutes, 27min a game.

FlashBolt
07-11-2018, 02:02 AM
Melo is still a starter in this League as an 3rd or 4th option in a properly run offensive system. Also just because Melo wouldn't come off the bench in OKC, which I don't blame him, doesn't mean he won't do so in the future.

OKC didn't have a real offensive system, Melo thinking probably was, West just flys down court and puts up shots, and i have to go to the bench for that, just so I can get my own shots up. Also he most likely didn't respect the coaching staff and OKC period.

I think the biggest thing Melo has to get over is that, there will be no more offensive iso called for him, when he actually plays for a team with an offensive system; unless the matchup favors a one on one.

Also a team could start him & play him reserve minutes, 27min a game.

Doesn't matter. Melo should do what the coach tells him because he's got a bad reputation and needs to work on being a team player. He should be thankful we got him out of that NY situation. And then he won't even consider coming off the bench. Maybe he does in Miami if Wade tells him to but I really don't think he will accept a bench role. He's a 3rd/4th option on a decent team - not contender.

Dade County
07-11-2018, 02:44 AM
Doesn't matter. Melo should do what the coach tells him because he's got a bad
It doesn't work that way, when a player has reached a certain level of success. Yes Melo is past that stage now lol

But all players mentally are not the same. Also you have to factor in the deva stuff and most of these players are big *** babies man.

and needs to work on being a team player.

Just depends on what team. Melo doesn't feel that OKC is a franchise he should sacrifice anything for.

He should be thankful we got him out of that NY situation.

True...

And then he won't even consider coming off the bench.

I agree with him though, for what reason? The main problem is West. Why should Melo sacrifice for Westbrook playing style, it hasn't proven to be a winning playing style.

Don't get me wrong, I like Westbrook, but a coach like Pop or Phil needs to be over him. He is too wild.

Maybe he does in Miami if Wade tells him to but I really don't think he will accept a bench role.

I believe for the Lakers & Warriors he would. Those are the only teams he should come off the bench for.

He's a 3rd/4th option on a decent team - not contender.

Can you name me after PG & West, a better offensive option for OKC? Not saying there isn't any, I just would like to see your list.

Wait. Is OKC a contending or decent team to you?

FlashBolt
07-11-2018, 03:52 AM
It doesn't work that way, when a player has reached a certain level of success. Yes Melo is past that stage now lol

But all players mentally are not the same. Also you have to factor in the deva stuff and most of these players are big *** babies man.

Just depends on what team. Melo doesn't feel that OKC is a franchise he should sacrifice anything for.

True...

I agree with him though, for what reason? The main problem is West. Why should Melo sacrifice for Westbrook playing style, it hasn't proven to be a winning playing style.

Don't get me wrong, I like Westbrook, but a coach like Pop or Phil needs to be over him. He is too wild.

I believe for the Lakers & Warriors he would. Those are the only teams he should come off the bench for.

Can you name me after PG & West, a better offensive option for OKC? Not saying there isn't any, I just would like to see your list.

It was about fit. With all due respect, you have to watch it to believe it. He never fit with our starting lineup because we already had PG and Russ - both players who need the ball. Melo was never a good fit for our starting lineup but would have been much more effective in a bench role. And I can't believe you are saying it doesn't work that way when Wade was coming off the bench willingly for his teammates on the Cavs and then his return to Miami. Melo was never half the player Wade was and refuses to come off the bench. He's got to be a professional and do some self evaluation. He agreed to come to OKC because he hated his situation in NY and then doesn't show any gratitude as to what we need him to do. It's quite honestly, pathetic from a player of his stature. It's no wonder he doesn't have much respect and impact around the league.

TheDish87
07-11-2018, 09:48 AM
lol Melo is not a stater or 3rd or 4th option in the league anymore. hes toast.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 09:56 AM
you think hes still making a positive impact? youre just being a homer, dude is toast, hes a bum.

I didn't say that.

Do I think Carmelo has something left in the tank?
Do I think Carmelo can still have a good impact in the perfect situation? (Houston)

Absolutely.

Did I think he was utilized weirdly in OKC? yes. Did he have a bad season? Yes.

Not sure you even wanted a response, since your comment was rhetorical, but there's my two cents. haha

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 10:02 AM

I've been wanting to have a conversation with you. You're one of the few poster's, I have a ton of respect for. and look for your comments.

I think Carmelo's ego will be left at the door in Houston. He has players around him who he respects. I guarntee you in the meeting with Morey, D'A, they discussed what his role would be. If the and he'll have to go in there knowing what is expected of him. I can see him starting in H, but even if a bench role is asked of him, I think he takes it. Knowing what's at stake. I think it has everything to do with his situation in OKC on why he wouldn't take a bench role. Since the player he'd be backing up isn't better than him. what you think?

Carmelo has a chance right now to right alot of wrongs. To prove critics wrong who have misunderstood him throughout his career of being a selfish player. While I'm sure, I care alot more about Carmelo's legacy than you do. Still something I feel will benefit him in his role with Houston. Man, I hope it happens. Carmelo has always had his best seasons, when he had a point guard who a true leader, Melo had respect for them. Chauncey, Billups. Jason Kidd @ 40 years old, almost made him an MVP. Dudes who know how to maximize what he offers, keep him in rhythm, etc. Obviously, Carmelo's max, today, isn't what it was two years ago, let alone five years ago, but he still has something left in the tank, and i'm positive CP3 + Harden and the rest of the squad, can get him to maximize what he has left. There's a championship culture in Houston right now, Carmelo would have no choice, but to be on board, or go home. (assuming he signs).

TheDish87
07-11-2018, 10:13 AM
I didn't say that.

Do I think Carmelo has something left in the tank?
Do I think Carmelo can still have a good impact in the perfect situation? (Houston)

Absolutely.

Did I think he was utilized weirdly in OKC? yes. Did he have a bad season? Yes.

Not sure you even wanted a response, since your comment was rhetorical, but there's my two cents. haha

i dont think the perfect position exists for him. Houston needs dudes who can D up after losing Boute and Ariza. They can just play Anderson to get a guy to hit 3s at a decent clip and play no defense.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 11:24 AM
i dont think the perfect position exists for him. Houston needs dudes who can D up after losing Boute and Ariza. They can just play Anderson to get a guy to hit 3s at a decent clip and play no defense.

haha, we both know, regardless of your agenda, Carmelo still cammands a little more respect than Ryan Anderson. Carmelo can add to Houston offensive arsenal. Houston is basically all 3's and at the basket. Carmelo excels in the mid range, adding another dimension. and CP will definitely utilize that. and Carmelo also shot a career high in 3P% under Mike D'A the first season together (when he got traded). Carmelo can play defense in spurts he's not completly inept on D. It's his weak side defense and effort on every play is where he struggles.

I honestly think the Ariza + Mbah A Moute losses are a little overrated. I like Ariza, but 0-11 in an elimination game? He's replaceable is what i'm saying. Luc Mbah a Moute, another tough and good defender, but there's a reason, he's been on 7 teams in 8 years. again, replaceable. He played 15 mins in these playoffs. had 6 steals and 4 blocks in 9 games this post season. He played about half of the potential games, mostly due to injury, which is something else that should be considered. Carmelo played in 5 plaoff games, and had 10 steals + 4 blocks. Pretty decent when comparing a player who is "worthless" on defense to a guy who is considered "elite". Marcus Smart great defender, Boston isn't worried about losing him. Beverly, great defender, replaced. I think with Capela, protecting the rim, CP locking his guy down, and PJ, it's easy to hide Carmelo, and he's not as big of a liability as the media portrays. Eric Gordan isn't known as a defender, does fine in the Rockets system.

TheDish87
07-11-2018, 11:57 AM
haha, we both know, regardless of your agenda, Carmelo still cammands a little more respect than Ryan Anderson. Carmelo can add to Houston offensive arsenal. Houston is basically all 3's and at the basket. Carmelo excels in the mid range, adding another dimension. and CP will definitely utilize that. and Carmelo also shot a career high in 3P% under Mike D'A the first season together (when he got traded). Carmelo can play defense in spurts he's not completly inept on D. It's his weak side defense and effort on every play is where he struggles.

I honestly think the Ariza + Mbah A Moute losses are a little overrated. I like Ariza, but 0-11 in an elimination game? He's replaceable is what i'm saying. Luc Mbah a Moute, another tough and good defender, but there's a reason, he's been on 7 teams in 8 years. again, replaceable. He played 15 mins in these playoffs. had 6 steals and 4 blocks in 9 games this post season. He played about half of the potential games, mostly due to injury, which is something else that should be considered. Carmelo played in 5 plaoff games, and had 10 steals + 4 blocks. Pretty decent when comparing a player who is "worthless" on defense to a guy who is considered "elite". Marcus Smart great defender, Boston isn't worried about losing him. Beverly, great defender, replaced. I think with Capela, protecting the rim, CP locking his guy down, and PJ, it's easy to hide Carmelo, and he's not as big of a liability as the media portrays. Eric Gordan isn't known as a defender, does fine in the Rockets system.

i have no agenda, man. i never minded Melo but the writing is on the wall from here on out for him. hes been lazy the last 3 years if not longer, doesnt seem to give a **** at all. If he embraces a Jamal Crawford/Lou Will type 6th man role maybe he can have a good end to his career but hes never been much of an athlete for NBA standards and its only worse now.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 01:56 PM
does it matter? Melo is not a winning basketball player. Unless he shifts into a role player entirely, he isn't helping a team win meaningful games.

beasted86
07-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Agree that Melo although a great talent, would need to play a defined role to contribute to championship success.

For a team like Miami with no championship aspirations, its a worthwhile gamble on more ticket buys and TV coverage. But for Houston, I don't think he helps them at all. Not going to suggest he hurts their chances, but don't see much help.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Agree that Melo although a great talent, would need to play a defined role to contribute to championship success.

For a team like Miami with no championship aspirations, its a worthwhile gamble on more ticket buys and TV coverage. But for Houston, I don't think he helps them at all. Not going to suggest he hurts their chances, but don't see much help.

Melo has always had talent. Huge talent. He just doesn't have the mindset of a winner, who will make sacrifices to win. He isn't the first guy to come along like that. Won't be the last.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Melo has always had talent. Huge talent. He just doesn't have the mindset of a winner, who will make sacrifices to win. He isn't the first guy to come along like that. Won't be the last.

I still don't understand when people say this... "not a winner". You realize in Denver, he NEVER missed the playoffs right? You realize he took a team that was in the DUMPS, asa 19 year old and took them to the playoffs as a rookie. You realize, he won a NCAA championship. and a HS championship. Are you simply saying he's not a winner because he's never won an NBA title? He's made the playoffs 11 of 15 years. You gotta win games to get to the playoffs.

TheDish87
07-11-2018, 04:11 PM
hes not a winner in the NBA. half teh league makes the playoffs so dont try and use that. howd that run in NY go?

Hawkeye15
07-11-2018, 04:21 PM
I still don't understand when people say this... "not a winner". You realize in Denver, he NEVER missed the playoffs right? You realize he took a team that was in the DUMPS, asa 19 year old and took them to the playoffs as a rookie. You realize, he won a NCAA championship. and a HS championship. Are you simply saying he's not a winner because he's never won an NBA title? He's made the playoffs 11 of 15 years. You gotta win games to get to the playoffs.

2 things on this one-
- Rookie Melo was nearly as good as peak Melo. Seriously, he came into the league fully developed physically
- Look at the rosters (including health) the year prior and his rookie year. He was FAR from the only reason they took a huge jump. I have covered this at length.

So the Nuggets, who he carried right, traded him in his peak. They actually got better shortly thereafter...

R. Johnson#3
07-11-2018, 05:17 PM
If someone would convince Melo to take a 6th man type of role then he may have a chance. MAY have a chance.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2018, 05:22 PM

not good enough to lead a great NBA team, not smart enough to realize it.

WaDe03
07-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Looking like the Rockets. They want Swaggy P too.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 05:53 PM
2 things on this one-
- Rookie Melo was nearly as good as peak Melo. Seriously, he came into the league fully developed physically
- Look at the rosters (including health) the year prior and his rookie year. He was FAR from the only reason they took a huge jump. I have covered this at length.

So the Nuggets, who he carried right, traded him in his peak. They actually got better shortly thereafter...

HAha. So Rookie Carmelo was just as good as 2013 Carmelo? or 2008 Melo? you're high, bro. Simply. Denver didn't trade him because they wanted him gone... they traded him because they had to, he was going to walk away, and they woulda lost him for nothing.

The Nuggets have won over 40 games only 3 times since Carmelo's been gone... so, for you to say Denver got better in Carmelo's absence, is a lie.

Denver having a significantly better roster in 2003-2004 than in 2002-2003 is also a lie. They would NOT have made the playoffs if Carmelo wasn't on the team. simply.

So, again, how is Carmelo a loser?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-11-2018, 05:55 PM

Not good enough to lead a great team how? to a championship????

So, was Paul Peirce a loser (before KG)?
john Stockton?
Karl Malone?
Wilkins?
Clyde Drexler (in Portloand)?
CP?

mightybosstone
07-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Looking like the Rockets. They want Swaggy P too.

Rockets locked down James Ennis today. It will be interesting to see how he and Melo would work into the rotation if Melo does ultimately sign. But if the Rockets end up getting Ennis and Melo, I can't imaging they'll get Nick Young as well. Between Harden, Paul, Gordon, Melo, Ennis, Green, Tucker, Ryno, Capela and Nene, that's 10 guys right there. And seven of them are guards and wings.

More-Than-Most
07-11-2018, 07:11 PM

john Stockton?
Karl Malone?
Wilkins?
CP?

all of those guys you just noted are/were better players and most are damn better Defenders... Not a winning player to me is exactly melo because he never adjusted to the NBA or in a game and never ever took his training seriously like other guys... It was always come in and watch me score with a ton of ISO while playing no defense... He is trash... People are trying to dance around or sugar coat it... He HAD all the potential in the world and he would have been a much better player if his prime happened in the 90s or early 2000s but in todays game his style of basketball/work ethic is trash.

WaDe03
07-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Rockets locked down James Ennis today. It will be interesting to see how he and Melo would work into the rotation if Melo does ultimately sign. But if the Rockets end up getting Ennis and Melo, I can't imaging they'll get Nick Young as well. Between Harden, Paul, Gordon, Melo, Ennis, Green, Tucker, Ryno, Capela and Nene, that's 10 guys right there. And seven of them are guards and wings.

Ennis is an underrated pick up for you all, he was 1 of my favorite players on the Heat. Any news on iso Joe? Yea I donít think yíall get young if you get Melo and vice versa so will be interesting to see how that plays out before Melo is bought out.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2018, 07:22 PM

john Stockton?
Karl Malone?
Wilkins?
CP?all the guys you mention fit the first part of my statement. but it's the second part that defines his failure as a pro. as it did Iverson, and yes Wilkins. not so, with Malone, Stockton, Paul and Pierce.

FlashBolt
07-11-2018, 09:42 PM

john Stockton?
Karl Malone?
Wilkins?
CP?

It is very obvious what he meant by that. Compare Melo to LeBron and Wade.. you see leadership responsibility and accountability. Melo has none of that. He wants to be treated like the best but does not play like the best. You mentioning Stockton, Malone, Wilkins, Drexler = irrelevant. You don't have to win a championship but at least show some leadership and professional qualities that a superstar should.

WaDe03
07-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Houston signs a sf, Miami cuts a player. Hmmmmm.....

mightybosstone
07-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Houston signs a sf, Miami cuts a player. Hmmmmm.....

Yeah, but to be fair, if you had $122 million on the books for next season and your best player was Goran Dragic, you'd probably be looking to cut some players, too.

I don't think those two actions really tell us anything...

WaDe03
07-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Yeah, but to be fair, if you had $122 million on the books for next season and your best player was Goran Dragic, you'd probably be looking to cut some players, too.

I don't think those two actions really tell us anything...

Maybe so but I feel weíll see something happen tomorrow or by the end of the week. Derozans actions makes me think thereís something in the works there.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2018, 09:44 AM
HAha. So Rookie Carmelo was just as good as 2013 Carmelo? or 2008 Melo? you're high, bro. Simply. Denver didn't trade him because they wanted him gone... they traded him because they had to, he was going to walk away, and they woulda lost him for nothing.

The Nuggets have won over 40 games only 3 times since Carmelo's been gone... so, for you to say Denver got better in Carmelo's absence, is a lie.

Denver having a significantly better roster in 2003-2004 than in 2002-2003 is also a lie. They would NOT have made the playoffs if Carmelo wasn't on the team. simply.

So, again, how is Carmelo a loser?

Melo came into the league physically matured, and yes, he didn't get a whole lot better. He was an all star talent for most of his career, but Denver couldn't win with him as a #1 (nobody could).

uh, the 2002 teams best player was Juwan Howard, who was an average starting NBA player. Camby missed most the season, a rookie Nene was their 2nd best player, and they started guys named Junior Harrington, and Donnel Harvey. James Posey played 25 games for them. 10 different players started 19 games or more for that team, they were in shambles.

Melo joined a healthy Camby, a newly acquired Andre Miller (in his peak), Voshon Leonard, Nene in his 2nd year, and a team that saw all 5 starters play at least 70 games.

Melo was a great addition, but he was far from the reason that team made the huge jump. A healthy Camby was morphing into a perennial all defensive team member, they acquired an excellent PG who never missed games in Miller, and saw health.

yes, Melo gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit for Denver's huge jump. He doesn't win at the NBA level. You are looking at the modern day Dominique Wilkins. Literally.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Melo came into the league physically matured, and yes, he didn't get a whole lot better. He was an all star talent for most of his career, but Denver couldn't win with him as a #1 (nobody could).

uh, the 2002 teams best player was Juwan Howard, who was an average starting NBA player. Camby missed most the season, a rookie Nene was their 2nd best player, and they started guys named Junior Harrington, and Donnel Harvey. James Posey played 25 games for them. 10 different players started 19 games or more for that team, they were in shambles.

Melo joined a healthy Camby, a newly acquired Andre Miller (in his peak), Voshon Leonard, Nene in his 2nd year, and a team that saw all 5 starters play at least 70 games.

Melo was a great addition, but he was far from the reason that team made the huge jump. A healthy Camby was morphing into a perennial all defensive team member, they acquired an excellent PG who never missed games in Miller, and saw health.

yes, Melo gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit for Denver's huge jump. He doesn't win at the NBA level. You are looking at the modern day Dominique Wilkins. Literally.

He's made the playoffs 11 of 14 seasons... How is that not winning? Is it because he hasnt won a championship?

Again, subtract Melo from that 03-04 Denver team, do they make the playoffs? The answer is no. I'm not saying Carmelo is the ONLY reason they made the playoffs that year, but it was definitely the main reason. I still don't get how he's a loser. He's got the resume... I'm not making this stuff up. So I really really don't understand. Sorry. What loser is a 1st ballot HOFer?? What loser has litterally damn near accomplished everything in the NBA besides win a championship?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 10:08 AM
It is very obvious what he meant by that. Compare Melo to LeBron and Wade.. you see leadership responsibility and accountability. Melo has none of that. He wants to be treated like the best but does not play like the best. You mentioning Stockton, Malone, Wilkins, Drexler = irrelevant. You don't have to win a championship but at least show some leadership and professional qualities that a superstar should.

But thats the thing, why are you comparing him to LeBron and Wade? It's clear those guys are better. Accountability and responsibility. Carmelo took EVERY bit of critisism on the chin while he was in NY. Leadership, is anohther thing. Carmelo is not that vocal leader... and just because he's not a leader, doesn't mean he's a loser. There's a ton of guys who aren't leaders, you're litterally comparing him to dudes, who are on the mount rushmore of basketball. Carmelo is not the greatest forward ever, nor am I claiming him to be, but the dude has had a great NBA career. He's not LeBron, he's not Jordan. He's Carmelo, take that for what it is. Which is still a 1st ballot HOFer.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 10:14 AM
all of those guys you just noted are/were better players and most are damn better Defenders... Not a winning player to me is exactly melo because he never adjusted to the NBA or in a game and never ever took his training seriously like other guys... It was always come in and watch me score with a ton of ISO while playing no defense... He is trash... People are trying to dance around or sugar coat it... He HAD all the potential in the world and he would have been a much better player if his prime happened in the 90s or early 2000s but in todays game his style of basketball/work ethic is trash.

The guys I mentioned are almost irrelevant in the sense, that, that wasn't my point. those players mentioned most didn't have rings. at some point, so I was trying to see if thats why he's a loser, because Melo doesn't have a ring, because it certainly isn't his winning % that makes him a loser. or his 10 AS teams. or his All Nba''s.

So, Carmelo, in your eyes, is a loser because he has a bad work ethic, and didn't take his training seriously? Yet, he still managed, to become a 1st ballot HOFer. He practically accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the NBA. Trash players don't make the HOF, bro. The resume speaks for itself.

Is he trash, today? Maybe... but he's also a little up there in age, where it's not a fair assessment, to discredit EVERYTHING he's accomplished and hold this one bad season over his head.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2018, 10:42 AM
He's made the playoffs 11 of 14 seasons... How is that not winning? Is it because he hasnt won a championship?

Again, subtract Melo from that 03-04 Denver team, do they make the playoffs? The answer is no. I'm not saying Carmelo is the ONLY reason they made the playoffs that year, but it was definitely the main reason. I still don't get how he's a loser. He's got the resume... I'm not making this stuff up. So I really really don't understand. Sorry. What loser is a 1st ballot HOFer?? What loser has litterally damn near accomplished everything in the NBA besides win a championship?

An all star level player with multiple good players on his team will make the playoffs. What did Denver do once they got there?

Would that team make the playoffs? No. Would they have won a lot more than 17 games? Oh yeah.

You don't win NBA championships with high volume scorers who don't do much else as your best player. That is proven. Melo is exactly this. If he can accept a 6th man role (meaning, accept you aren't one of your teams best players dude), perhaps his team can succeed.

You seem to put Melo's accomplishments way higher than they are. How do you really think he will be remembered? Again, he is Wilkins, which is nice, but nothing special. You don't win chips with guys like Melo leading the charge. Not in the NBA. In college, when you are physically light years ahead of everyone else? Sure.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2018, 10:43 AM

perfectly put.

Jamiecballer
07-12-2018, 10:48 AM
But thats the thing, why are you comparing him to LeBron and Wade? It's clear those guys are better. Accountability and responsibility. Carmelo took EVERY bit of critisism on the chin while he was in NY. Leadership, is anohther thing. Carmelo is not that vocal leader... and just because he's not a leader, doesn't mean he's a loser. There's a ton of guys who aren't leaders, you're litterally comparing him to dudes, who are on the mount rushmore of basketball. Carmelo is not the greatest forward ever, nor am I claiming him to be, but the dude has had a great NBA career. He's not LeBron, he's not Jordan. He's Carmelo, take that for what it is. Which is still a 1st ballot HOFer.

that's the key point though. if you want to play like you are in the category of a Jordan, Kobe, Wade or Lebron, you are going to be expected to match their level of excellence. that's the self awareness part that Melo has never exhibited.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 10:53 AM
An all star level player with multiple good players on his team will make the playoffs. What did Denver do once they got there?

Would that team make the playoffs? No. Would they have won a lot more than 17 games? Oh yeah.

You don't win NBA championships with high volume scorers who don't do much else as your best player. That is proven. Melo is exactly this. If he can accept a 6th man role (meaning, accept you aren't one of your teams best players dude), perhaps his team can succeed.

You seem to put Melo's accomplishments way higher than they are. How do you really think he will be remembered? Again, he is Wilkins, which is nice, but nothing special. You don't win chips with guys like Melo leading the charge. Not in the NBA. In college, when you are physically light years ahead of everyone else? Sure.

I'll take that, but you're also shoving them aside as if they don't mean anything. He's not gonna get into the HOF by accident...

Would they have won more than 17 games? Sure! Made the playoffs, no. I understand what Carmelo is today, what his role should or shouldn't be. I'm not saying he's still as good today, as he was 5 years ago. Obviously he won't be leading a team anywhere regardless of where he signs this summer.

TheDish87
07-12-2018, 10:55 AM

hes only a hall of famer bcuz the criteria includes Olympic and college ball. strictly NBA no hes not a HOFer. Again, making the playoffs isnt some big accomplishment and out of those 11 appearances he only saw HCA 4 times.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
that's the key point though. if you want to play like you are in the category of a Jordan, Kobe, Wade or Lebron, you are going to be expected to match their level of excellence. that's the self awareness part that Melo has never exhibited.

Makes sense, but the reality is he's not at that level, and you and I know the reality. So why call him a loser because he thinks he's that good? We can still know where his place is while not being as good as them. Which is still in the HOF...

Rivera
07-12-2018, 11:00 AM
hes only a hall of famer bcuz the criteria includes Olympic and college ball. strictly NBA no hes not a HOFer. Again, making the playoffs isnt some big accomplishment and out of those 11 appearances he only saw HCA 4 times.

LOL a career 24 ppg scorer worth just over 100 wins and a 10x allstar been to the playoffs 11 years, 10 years as the #1 option

bro get a clue, i get you hate melo, but that statement is asinine. you've turned into a worse version of MTM

Hawkeye15
07-12-2018, 11:00 AM
I'll take that, but you're also shoving them aside as if they don't mean anything. He's not gonna get into the HOF by accident...

Would they have won more than 17 games? Sure! Made the playoffs, no. I understand what Carmelo is today, what his role should or shouldn't be. I'm not saying he's still as good today, as he was 5 years ago. Obviously he won't be leading a team anywhere regardless of where he signs this summer.

to be fair, it's the basketball HOF. His 1 year at Cuse, and Olympic play, coupled with his all star appearances, are getting him in no problem. He has never been an all timer NBA player. Not to say he shouldn't be in the HOF, but they way they do it is stupid to me...

Melo just isn't a top tier guy, and he never understood that. It's always been my problem with him. We watch Manu Ginoboli come off the bench and sacrifice being a guy we talked about on Melo's level, but we would never see Melo do anything like that. He is a me first guy, not a team first guy. And with his capabilities, that simply means he isn't going to win **** in the worlds best league.

Its funny, your user name is a combo of 2 players who have star numbers, but were limited by themselves more than anything.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2018, 11:02 AM

even if we removed NCAA/FIBA, Melo easily gets into the HOF. But he is much closer to Bosh than he is Bron/Wade.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 11:02 AM

Wow... your holding against him that he only had HCA 4 of those 11 playoff of appearances?

Take away his national championship and his gold medals, (for arguments sake). He's in the top 25 in all time NBA scoring and every player in the top 25 in scoring is or will be in the HOF. So............... you're wrong.

Rivera
07-12-2018, 11:07 AM
even if we removed NCAA/FIBA, Melo easily gets into the HOF. But he is much closer to Bosh than he is Bron/Wade.

not a bad comparison career wise, i was thinking more Paul Pierce. Both players stats are pretty similar especially in their primes

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 11:07 AM
to be fair, it's the basketball HOF. His 1 year at Cuse, and Olympic play, coupled with his all star appearances, are getting him in no problem. He has never been an all timer NBA player. Not to say he shouldn't be in the HOF, but they way they do it is stupid to me...

Melo just isn't a top tier guy, and he never understood that. It's always been my problem with him. We watch Manu Ginoboli come off the bench and sacrifice being a guy we talked about on Melo's level, but we would never see Melo do anything like that. He is a me first guy, not a team first guy. And with his capabilities, that simply means he isn't going to win **** in the worlds best league.

Its funny, your user name is a combo of 2 players who have star numbers, but were limited by themselves more than anything.

Not an ATG player, sure. I buy that, but an ATG scorer, yes. That in itself is a great thing.

As the main guy will he ever win a ring? No. (obviously talking while in his prime). Now, I do think he will accept a lesser role with Houston. I think it was just in OKC he wasn't willing to accept that role, cuz the bench wasn't that good, there was no one better than him, who he'd be backing up. Now, if he signs in Miami. I'll take that backlash from everyone on here. I'll be dissapointed. I was dissapointed when he opted in.

Rivera
07-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Not an ATG player, sure. I buy that, but an ATG scorer, yes. That in itself is a great thing.

As the main guy will he ever win a ring? No. (obviously talking while in his prime). Now, I do think he will accept a lesser role with Houston. I think it was just in OKC he wasn't willing to accept that role, cuz the bench wasn't that good, there was no one better than him, who he'd be backing up. Now, if he signs in Miami. I'll take that backlash from everyone on here. I'll be dissapointed. I was dissapointed when he opted in.

as one of the few Melo fans on this board, I disagree with this assesment. Hes gonna be the same attitude as OKC. Have you seen Houstons bench? They played about 7 guys in the playoffs, and they lost Ariza one of the main 7 playing in the playoffs. They lost Luc as well but Luc didnt play in the playoffs.

With how weak Houstons bench looked in the playoffs (outside of EG and Gerald Green) I cant see Melo accepting a bench or lesser role. Hes gonna see CP3 and Harden jack up shots and hes gonna want to do the same. I dont see a bench role for Melo if he goes to one of the 3 rumored teams (Heat/Rockets/Lakers) I see him wanting to start in every scenario

I dont think Melo thinks he should come off the bench, Melo still sees himself as an elite scorer (which I dont blame him, hes got to think that as an athlete and a competitor or he lost)

mightybosstone
07-12-2018, 11:12 AM

Yeah... I know half a dozen posters have already addressed this, but this post is really, really wrong. In the history of the NBA, go find me every guy who was capable of averaging 24/7/3 over 15 years, going to 12 All-Star games, making six All-NBA teams, topping 25,000 career points and winning a scoring title. Now, how many of those guys aren't in the Hall of Fame? Zero.

Like him or not, Melo is a top 100 all-time player. IMO, he's roughly on the same level as offensively-minded wings like Dominique Wilkins, Alex English, Adrian Dantley and George Gervin who could put up numbers but never accomplished anything in the playoffs. I'd rank him behind Wilkins, Gervin and Dantley, but probably ahead of English.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 11:17 AM
as one of the few Melo fans on this board, I disagree with this assesment. Hes gonna be the same attitude as OKC. Have you seen Houstons bench? They played about 7 guys in the playoffs, and they lost Ariza one of the main 7 playing in the playoffs. They lost Luc as well but Luc didnt play in the playoffs.

With how weak Houstons bench looked in the playoffs (outside of EG and Gerald Green) I cant see Melo accepting a bench or lesser role. Hes gonna see CP3 and Harden jack up shots and hes gonna want to do the same. I dont see a bench role for Melo if he goes to one of the 3 rumored teams (Heat/Rockets/Lakers) I see him wanting to start in every scenario

I dont think Melo thinks he should come off the bench, Melo still sees himself as an elite scorer (which I dont blame him, hes got to think that as an athlete and a competitor or he lost)

See, I think he'll actually start in Houston, but a lesser role thats expected of him, basically, to go against the grain with what he's been perceived as throught his career, and basically everything i've been discussing with a few guys on this forum. I really do think(hope) he will. because he has a chance to silence his ciritcs and really end his career on a high note. and could still off a ton of value if he accepts a reduced role. He respects CP, and James, He HAS to understand he's not ahead of them. this isn't his team... Thats what I meant by accepting a lesser role. Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

WaDe03
07-12-2018, 11:26 AM

HEd still make the HOF

TheDish87
07-12-2018, 11:35 AM
LOL a career 24 ppg scorer worth just over 100 wins and a 10x allstar been to the playoffs 11 years, 10 years as the #1 option

bro get a clue, i get you hate melo, but that statement is asinine. you've turned into a worse version of MTM

i do not hate melo, jsut bcuz you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i hate a player. he was always a 1 dimensional scorer throughout his career, he hasnt done **** in the league but be a high volume scorer which is the easiest thing for any player to excel at in the NBA given the opportunity. All star games are a popularity contest heavily influenced by casual fans who think chcukers are good bcuz they score a lot.

Rivera
07-12-2018, 11:37 AM
i do not hate melo, jsut bcuz you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i hate a player. he was always a 1 dimensional scorer throughout his career, he hasnt done **** in the league but be a high volume scorer which is the easiest thing for any player to excel at in the NBA given the opportunity. All star games are a popularity contest heavily influenced by casual fans who think chcukers are good bcuz they score a lot.

have fun being really wrong on that subject (melo and HOF) that proved to me your bball iq which is 0 because your posts arent stats or what the player has done based its on how you feel

Jamiecballer
07-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Makes sense, but the reality is he's not at that level, and you and I know the reality. So why call him a loser because he thinks he's that good? We can still know where his place is while not being as good as them. Which is still in the HOF...

i'm not going to debate HOF credentials because he will certainly get in. the basketball HOF is a little messed up though, it basically rewards scoring quite disproportionately to everything else. but players are supposed to get smarter as they get older, and humbled by failure. you would expect him to reach a point where he looks at his numbers on the stat sheets and says what gives, i am just doing what Jordan did, why am i not winning like he is? commitment to the defensive end. passing for reasons other than being denied getting to your spot or being able to create something within the 24 seconds on the clock are great reasons.

it's one stat but take a look at win shares per 48 mins (Career)

lebron .238
paul .251
durant .219
curry .208
nowitzki .196

now lets go wayyy down the list

v. carter .134 (despite taking a depth role almost a decade ago!)
c. anthony .128
a. iverson .126

he has never provided much value on the court, other than entertainment value.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
i'm not going to debate HOF credentials because he will certainly get in. the basketball HOF is a little messed up though, it basically rewards scoring quite disproportionately to everything else. but players are supposed to get smarter as they get older, and humbled by failure. you would expect him to reach a point where he looks at his numbers on the stat sheets and says what gives, i am just doing what Jordan did, why am i not winning like he is? commitment to the defensive end. passing for reasons other than being denied getting to your spot or being able to create something within the 24 seconds on the clock are great reasons.

it's one stat but take a look at win shares per 48 mins (Career)

lebron .238
paul .251
durant .219
curry .208
nowitzki .196

now lets go wayyy down the list

v. carter .134 (despite taking a depth role almost a decade ago!)
c. anthony .128
a. iverson .126

he has never provided much value on the court, other than entertainment value.

and I hope he's reached that point. Trust me, man. It's embarrassing for me as a fan to try to defend him after the season he just had.

TheDish87
07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
have fun being really wrong on that subject (melo and HOF) that proved to me your bball iq which is 0 because your posts arent stats or what the player has done based its on how you feel

i didnt say he wont get in, he will, im aware of that. i just dont think hes worthy. Personally, i think hes a major underachiever in the league. His claim to fame is scoring a lot of points by taking a lot of shots and refusing to try and play defense or move the ball on offense.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
i didnt say he wont get in, he will, im aware of that. i just dont think hes worthy. Personally, i think hes a major underachiever in the league. His claim to fame is scoring a lot of points by taking a lot of shots and refusing to try and play defense or move the ball on offense.

He has a career 45% FG%... as was Ray Allen (probably a shooter you respect). Carmelo has the roughly the same FGA average as the following.

Dirk
MJ
Kareem
Malone
Lebron
Elvin Hayes
Oscar Robertson

To name a few...

cheetos185
07-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Melo Wade and Bosh going to Lakers reminds me of when Malone and Payton went to LA lol.

WaDe03
07-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Melo Wade and Bosh going to Lakers reminds me of when Malone and Payton went to LA lol.

Who said theyíre going there?

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 12:11 AM
Iím being told the Melo deal is about to go down, tomorrow at the latest but donít be surprised if tonight. Just what Iíve been told, things can change quick as I told you with LeBrkn to the Lakers.

FlashBolt
07-13-2018, 01:05 AM
Iím being told the Melo deal is about to go down, tomorrow at the latest but donít be surprised if tonight. Just what Iíve been told, things can change quick as I told you with LeBrkn to the Lakers.

Got the specifics or just a deal will go down? I can't wait to get him out. All I know is we will be happy as a fanbase. Everyone I know that is an OKC fan wants this dude gone, period.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 09:45 AM

You said strictly nba he wouldnít get in, he would.

mightybosstone
07-13-2018, 09:50 AM

Unless there's been a new report in the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure LA is out of the equation for Melo. And until we see something stating that Bosh has been medically cleared to play and is going to sign somewhere, I think we can pretty much assume he's staying retired.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Got the specifics or just a deal will go down? I can't wait to get him out. All I know is we will be happy as a fanbase. Everyone I know that is an OKC fan wants this dude gone, period.

Well it would have to involve the Kings or Bulls at this point, could be why we saw the Bulls rescind Nwaba yesterday. As for players Iím not sure who all is involved but you all are gong to shed a decent amount.

As for who is going to land Melo he said he thinks Houston but itís by a hair and he thinks the Heat and Lakers are right there, no one else. He also told me while he thinks Wade will stay he wouldnít be surprised to see Melo and Wade end up in LA and itís something theyíre interested in.

Woke up to a text this morning saying thereís been a bit of a road block in the deal they ran into last night so heís bit sure if theyíll get it done today but both sides are hoping to get it done sooner rather than later. Something about OKCs trade partner wanting a little too much for them to offload Melo.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Unless there's been a new reporter in the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure LA is out of the equation for Melo. And until we see something stating that Bosh has been medically cleared to play and is going to sign somewhere, I think we can pretty much assume he's staying retired.

Not out of the play but theyíre 3rd option, if Wade were to agree to go Melo probably goes but not likely for Wade to leave again.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2018, 09:52 AM
not a bad comparison career wise, i was thinking more Paul Pierce. Both players stats are pretty similar especially in their primes

I actually think Melo is Dominique Wilkins all over again. Obviously a little less athletic, but a volume scorer who can get it going and be unstoppable, but at the end of the day, wins are being produced from them being the #1.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 11:43 AM

Melo update. Looks like it could be Melo to Chicago, Felicio to OKC with Melo being bought out and going to Houston.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 11:55 AM

Looks like Houston

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Can't wait!

colinskik
07-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Melo to HOU seems like such a bad idea. In the end, they wonít beat GSW so who cares, right?

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 12:19 PM

I agree.

mightybosstone
07-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Melo to HOU seems like such a bad idea. In the end, they wonít beat GSW so who cares, right?
Why is it a bad idea? If ultimately nobody thinks the Rockets can beat Golden State (despite coming ridiculously close to doing it last year), why not take a chance on a former star player to see if he can get them over the hump?

To me, these two ideas completely contradict one another. If you're not going to win the Finals as constructed, then you've got to up your risk factor a bit and start taking chances. Yet, people rip on the Rockets for doing this. You can't have your cake and eat it, too, dude. :shrug:

colinskik
07-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Why is it a bad idea? If ultimately nobody thinks the Rockets can beat Golden State (despite coming ridiculously close to doing it last year), why not take a chance on a former star player to see if he can get them over the hump?

To me, these two ideas completely contradict one another. If you're not going to win the Finals as constructed, then you've got to up your risk factor a bit and start taking chances. Yet, people rip on the Rockets for doing this. You can't have your cake and eat it, too, dude. :shrug:

Because Melo is a chemistry killer who gets worse every year by a considerable margin. The Rockets are a better team without Melo.

Losing two guys in Ariza and Luc who can and sometimes do play D, and replacing them with Melo who canít and wonít play D takes the team a step backwards, if not several steps.

Jamiecballer
07-13-2018, 03:06 PM
most un-morey like move ever?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-13-2018, 04:13 PM

How so? He's said he wants to get as many olympians as possible.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Because Melo is a chemistry killer who gets worse every year by a considerable margin. The Rockets are a better team without Melo.

Losing two guys in Ariza and Luc who can and sometimes do play D, and replacing them with Melo who canít and wonít play D takes the team a step backwards, if not several steps.

Who's chemistry are you talking about that he killed exactly? When Melo drafted to Denver, they improved. When he went to NY, they improved. Even OKC had 1 more win, still an improvement. So please explain what your talking about. Ive already compared Carmelo's defensive stats vs Luc Mba A Mute's... and they're pretty even. With the nod going to Carmelo.

Heediot
07-13-2018, 04:30 PM

Low risk signing, nothing unmorey about that.

Heediot
07-13-2018, 04:32 PM

I agree.

Yeah RW pads assists but he doesn't have the vision and iq of a cp/bron, or even harden. I think being bff with cp, cp will bring the best out of him relative to his age.

FlashBolt
07-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Some clown told me a deal with Melo will happen today. I guess his "source" (aka mom) doesn't have any additional information. And to think I thought he was useful for something other than lying about Wade's "greatness."

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Some clown told me a deal with Melo will happen today. I guess his "source" (aka mom) doesn't have any additional information. And to think I thought he was useful for something other than lying about Wade's "greatness."

Lmao you are so upset! Read all my post, I said it hit a snag and may not happen today. Btw, the day isnít over clown. Donít question my source, Iíve been right many times, I told PSD LeBrkn was going to the Lakers 5 days before he went.

FlashBolt
07-13-2018, 05:44 PM
The more I think about it, I would rather have Melo than Wade so at least Melo is good for something. I still think Melo can contribute on a team because as much of a problem he was, he doesn't call out teammates for quitting like Dwyane Wade. I don't know why Wade gets away with so much but as soon as Melo does something bad, people call him a negative asset. Since Miami is interested in Melo, possibly looking to replace Wade. Houston interested in Melo tells me that they want someone who they believe can help them. I hope we have enough room to add Wade. He'll be a good fit behind Abrines if he can stop trying to trash his teammates.

WaDe03
07-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Melo a much better player and has accomplished more, letís get Wade out of this league ASAP and erase him from history so OKC could win their only title in 2012.

Give everyone literally anyone in the league over Wade, damn cancer and terrible leader

Jamiecballer
07-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Low risk signing, nothing unmorey about that.I don't know, when you have the best team in the NBA and you bring in a known selfish loser I think there is quite a bit of risk.

added bonus - I could be talking about two teams here but no, I mean houston

mightybosstone
07-13-2018, 08:13 PM
The more I think about it, I would rather have Melo than Wade so at least Melo is good for something. I still think Melo can contribute on a team because as much of a problem he was, he doesn't call out teammates for quitting like Dwyane Wade. I don't know why Wade gets away with so much but as soon as Melo does something bad, people call him a negative asset. Since Miami is interested in Melo, possibly looking to replace Wade. Houston interested in Melo tells me that they want someone who they believe can help them. I hope we have enough room to add Wade. He'll be a good fit behind Abrines if he can stop trying to trash his teammates.

Melo a much better player and has accomplished more, letís get Wade out of this league ASAP and erase him from history so OKC could win their only title in 2012.

Give everyone literally anyone in the league over Wade, damn cancer and terrible leader

The sexual tension between the two of you is palpable. Can you guys please just get a room and hate **** one another so the rest of us can continue talking about sports?

mightybosstone
07-13-2018, 08:18 PM
I don't know, when you have the best team in the NBA and you bring in a known selfish loser I think there is quite a bit of risk.

It's a risk, but that's what Morey does. The guy takes risks. He banked on Harden being a superstar, let Parsons go for Ariza, took a chance on the injury prone Eric Gordon, gave Clint the starting center gig to replace Dwight, brought in D'Antoni when everyone said it was a terrible deal, etc.

The guy has made his reputation as one of the best GMs in the league by taking chances. If he thinks Melo will work, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Heediot
07-13-2018, 08:38 PM
I
I don't know, when you have the best team in the NBA and you bring in a known selfish loser I think there is quite a bit of risk.

Melos best years with team accomplishments were when he played with Chauncey. Chauncey knew how to lead and get guys to buy in. Cp3 is also regarded as one of the beat leaders in the league the same way billups was. I think cp3 will bring out the best in Melo and get him to play within the dynamics of the team but also getting him some of his best looks in his career. Paul is a whiz play maker. I think it's a good risk morey is taking considering the dynamics I mentioned. It could all go to the toilet too, but I think it can work.

Jamiecballer
07-13-2018, 10:07 PM
I

Melos best years with team accomplishments were when he played with Chauncey. Chauncey knew how to lead and get guys to buy in. Cp3 is also regarded as one of the beat leaders in the league the same way billups was. I think cp3 will bring out the best in Melo and get him to play within the dynamics of the team but also getting him some of his best looks in his career. Paul is a whiz play maker. I think it's a good risk morey is taking considering the dynamics I mentioned. It could all go to the toilet too, but I think it can work.good point regarding billups/paul.

Saddletramp
07-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Lmao you are so upset! Read all my post, I said it hit a snag and may not happen today. Btw, the day isnít over clown. Donít question my source, Iíve been right many times, I told PSD LeBrkn was going to the Lakers 5 days before he went.

You read rumors on Hoop Rumors where they guessed that Chi was clearing cap for a Melo acquisition plus picks to get rid of Feliciano and said it was a ďsourceĒ. Turns out, they were wrong and it blew up in your face. Stop lying about stupid ****.

basch152
07-14-2018, 01:47 AM

who knew the only way to get you to stop being the most annoying homer on the site was to trash talk troll wade so much you had to counter troll by talking trash about wade yourself.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2018, 09:26 AM

True...

Yo are you serious with the post?

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2018, 09:31 AM
It's a risk, but that's what Morey does. The guy takes risks. He banked on Harden being a superstar, let Parsons go for Ariza, took a chance on the injury prone Eric Gordon, gave Clint the starting center gig to replace Dwight, brought in D'Antoni when everyone said it was a terrible deal, etc.

The guy has made his reputation as one of the best GMs in the league by taking chances. If he thinks Melo will work, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bro you still want Melo? :laugh: when will ppl learn the dude is done. His a ball stopper and chemistry killer. If he couldnít work with Westy and George, what makes you think it will work in Houston? And I hope yíall dont expect him to all of a sudden become a respectable 3pt shooter again

mightybosstone
07-14-2018, 09:46 AM

Bro you still want Melo? :laugh: when will ppl learn the dude is done. His a ball stopper and chemistry killer. If he couldnít work with Westy and George, what makes you think it will work in Houston? And I hope yíall dont expect him to all of a sudden become a respectable 3pt shooter again
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Melo would not be high on my free agent priority list, but if Morey thinks he can help the team, I trust the guy's judgment.

As for why he would work well in Houston, but not OKC, I'd just be speculating, but I'd start with the fact that Houston's offensive system is far, far superior to anything OKC ran last year. Melo would have two elite point guards getting him the ball with plenty of space to work.

And Melo has always thrived when playing next to veteran point guards who he trusted and respected: Billups, Kidd, etc. Who does he trust and respect more than CP3? If anyone can keep his ******** in check and get him to play a specific role for a team, it's Paul.

But frankly, the thing that gives me the most comfort is that this would be a very low risk move. It's probably a 1-year deal for the taxpayer MLE. And if he doesn't work out, then D'Antoni will bench him and the experiment will be over by the end of the season.

D-Leethal
07-14-2018, 10:03 AM
The Billups thing is moot because Melo is no longer a plus player. You are talking 10 years ago when he played with Billups. Melo at his peak was an enigma the way Cousins is or Iverson was - but he was still supremely talented, and a top tier scoring threat on a nightly basis. A HOFer at his peak. Melo sucks now. CP3 isn't changing that.

That said, Houston has to take a swing. They seem to do well with chubby guys with dad bods so might as well add Melo to the mix. As it stands now, they are going to be worse than last year if they don't try something.

D-Leethal
07-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Also, the iso style Houston runs would actually be pretty good for Melo. People are acting like they run the PHX SSOL but it's much more suited for Melo than traditional D'Antoni offense.

D-Leethal
07-14-2018, 10:10 AM
I do think Melo's best chance to redeem himself as a player is next to LeBron. He has always played well off LeBron in Olympics, all star games (I know, I know). They have always had good chemistry and I think they understand each others game. LeBron will also go above and beyond to get Melo playing well. Houston has too much of a chance to blow up on him. If they struggle to match last years peaks, which I think they will after losing some key role players, it's probably all gonna fall on Melo, the D'Antoni thing also has a chance to turn into front page drama if he decides to bench him or something.

LA is much safer for Melo, lower team expectations, and a better chance for him to play well.