PDA

View Full Version : Where will Lillard end up?

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 09:37 AM

Sounds like we could be seeing a Lillard trade sometime in the near future, where do you think he will end up? Personally I would like to see some of these guys like Lillard Jimmy Kawhi etc sent to the East and try to get some better parity going. This tweet mentions the Heat Lakers and Knicks but Iím sure more teams will jump in at the opportunity of getting him.

warfelg
07-06-2018, 09:46 AM
They would be stupid to trade him. Dame isn't the issue.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 09:50 AM
They would be stupid to trade him. Dame isn't the issue.

Seems like they may just be ready to move on, with both him and CJ being there on big money and bad decisions by their GM with role players they look to be cap strapped.

beasted86
07-06-2018, 10:08 AM
In Portland.
0% chance he's traded this season unless it's a crackhead deal.

cmellofan15
07-06-2018, 10:11 AM
In Portland.
0% chance he's traded this season unless it's a crackhead deal.

^this. People just making up this offseason lmao

Vinylman
07-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Portland because the packages will SUCK

lakerfan85
07-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Portland!

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 10:23 AM
He could definitely stay in Portland, the 1st team all nba definitely didnít hurt his trade value.

TakeYourL
07-06-2018, 10:43 AM
I completely missed this, what the hell happened with dam and the Blazers?

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Heís had a few meetings with the owner to talk about making moves to improve but doesnít look like theyíve been able to do anything and I guess guys are getting the feeling itís time to move on.

cmellofan15
07-06-2018, 10:50 AM

Absolutely nothing lol you didnít miss anything but baseless rumors by Stephen A & random twitter guy

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Knicks lol with what assets? Lakers arent giving up Ingram so cant see a deal here either.

TakeYourL
07-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Heís had a few meetings with the owner to talk about making moves to improve but doesnít look like theyíve been able to do anything and I guess guys are getting the feeling itís time to move on.

That's crazy, amazing how quick teams want to dump high priced players when it doesn't go perfectly.

Majority of the NBA in tank mode or is a few losses away from going in pro tank mode.

0 doubt something has to change.

TakeYourL
07-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Absolutely nothing lol you didnít miss anything but baseless rumors by Stephen A & random twitter guy

I hope that's true, because if even the Blazers are giving up this league is done.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 12:34 PM
I don't consider Lillard a franchise player, honestly. He's great but the playoffs has always been a headscratcher with him. I heard Lakers were interested but any deal would have to include Ball+Ingram. No way would I make that deal.

valade16
07-06-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't consider Lillard a franchise player, honestly. He's great but the playoffs has always been a headscratcher with him. I heard Lakers were interested but any deal would have to include Ball+Ingram. No way would I make that deal.

Yeah, I don't think a team can win the title with Lillard as their best player. Unless it was like with a LMA where they are both 1A/1B and even then, their supporting cast would have to be really, really strong.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:38 PM

I think they might be able to work out something around Ball Kuzma and picks

Knicks idk what they would offer

Miami could try something around Dragic Bam and picks

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 12:40 PM

valade16
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
I think they might be able to work out something around Ball Kuzma and picks

Knicks idk what they would offer

Miami could try something around Dragic Bam and picks

There's almost no chance Ball goes to Portland. First, Portland would never want him knowing his dad wants him in LA/a big market and Portland is not that. Second, Portland is home to Nike, and LaVar's BBB is a competitor.

It won't happen.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:43 PM
There's almost no chance Ball goes to Portland. First, Portland would never want him knowing his dad wants him in LA/a big market and Portland is not that. Second, Portland is home to Nike, and LaVar's BBB is a competitor.

It won't happen.

I donít think the Nike BBB thing has anything to do with it and you may be right on the first part.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 12:43 PM

I wouldnít mind seeing that.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 01:10 PM

It won't happen.

What does Portland being the home of Nike have anything to do with the Blazers? Not like they are sponsored by them. Unless you are suggesting Nike has a strong pull on the Portland Trailblazers, it's not related in any way. I mean, Damian Lillard has a shoe deal with Adidas.

valade16
07-06-2018, 01:14 PM
What does Portland being the home of Nike have anything to do with the Blazers? Not like they are sponsored by them. Unless you are suggesting Nike has a strong pull on the Portland Trailblazers, it's not related in any way. I mean, Damian Lillard has a shoe deal with Adidas.

My point isn't from Nike or the Blazers point of view, but from LaVar Ball.

The LAST thing LaVar Ball wants is his son playing in a small market that is home to Nike when he's trying to grow his own shoe brand.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 01:17 PM

The LAST thing LaVar Ball wants is his son playing in a small market that is home to Nike when he's trying to grow his own shoe brand.

But Nike is a competitor globally. They don't have to be in Portland to be a direct competitor. They are in Los Angeles. Do you know how many clothing companies are headquartered in Los Angeles?

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 01:20 PM
is BBB even still a thing?

valade16
07-06-2018, 01:27 PM
But Nike is a competitor globally. They don't have to be in Portland to be a direct competitor. They are in Los Angeles. Do you know how many clothing companies are headquartered in Los Angeles?

How many of those clothing companies are shoe brands specifically specializing in Basketball shoes?

Also, LA is far larger than Portland, there's a lot more room for different companies in the same markets. LaVar would much rather his son play in a large market, and the last place he would want his son to go is a small market that has the largest basketball shoe company headquartered there.

Heck, like a part of the city is known as Nike-town.

Switch
07-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Who gives a **** what Lavar Ball wants? His son isn't even close to an all star to dictate what he wants.

ewing
07-06-2018, 01:42 PM

No, how many?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valade16
07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Who gives a **** what Lavar Ball wants? His son isn't even close to an all star to dictate what he wants.

The Blazers would. They would not want to deal with the headache of LaVar Ball. Especially if he's the biggest piece in a Lillard deal.

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 01:55 PM
The Blazers would. They would not want to deal with the headache of LaVar Ball. Especially if he's the biggest piece in a Lillard deal.

I prefer the Lakers keep Ball but I really dont feel any team cares what Lavar thinks and dont think they would avoid Ball purely because of someone who isnt even a player.

valade16
07-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I prefer the Lakers keep Ball but I really dont feel any team cares what Lavar thinks and dont think they would avoid Ball purely because of someone who isnt even a player.

I think given what we've seen from Kawhi's camp and how they handled him, every team out there should care about what player's family and advisors are saying or doing.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:21 PM
How many of those clothing companies are shoe brands specifically specializing in Basketball shoes?

Also, LA is far larger than Portland, there's a lot more room for different companies in the same markets. LaVar would much rather his son play in a large market, and the last place he would want his son to go is a small market that has the largest basketball shoe company headquartered there.

Heck, like a part of the city is known as Nike-town.

That's not how it works, lol. BBB is mainly an online store. They setup pop-up shops as a seasonal thing. The narrative that they can't compete because they are in the same city sounds like an amateur argument. If this were in the 1990's and online commerce wasn't a thing and their shops are right next to each other, you'd be correct. But these companies are all operating online and being in the same city is hardly a deterrent these days. Besides, what difference does it make what LaVar Ball says? He doesn't have a say in if his son gets traded or not. If Portland wants Ball, there is nothing LaVar can do.

valade16
07-06-2018, 02:31 PM
That's not how it works, lol. BBB is mainly an online store. They setup pop-up shops as a seasonal thing. The narrative that they can't compete because they are in the same city sounds like an amateur argument. If this were in the 1990's and online commerce wasn't a thing and their shops are right next to each other, you'd be correct. But these companies are all operating online and being in the same city is hardly a deterrent these days. Besides, what difference does it make what LaVar Ball says? He doesn't have a say in if his son gets traded or not. If Portland wants Ball, there is nothing LaVar can do.

Why are people persisting in this idea that what handlers of these players want mean nothing? So they don't influence the decisions of the players? The Spurs will be glad to hear it.

That sounds like an amateur argument. Furthermore, the Blazers, as a small market team, would not take on a player whose Dad may pull a Kawhi's Uncle and force his way out of Portland. Especially since he's already a vocal and troublesome influence currently and everyone knows he wants his son in LA.

Why would Portland possibly take all those risks? To be able to say "you're going here and we don't care if you like it!" I will now repeat what you said to me: this isn't the 90's. It doesn't work that way anymore. The players have far more power than that.

Dade County
07-06-2018, 02:33 PM

Sounds like we could be seeing a Lillard trade sometime in the near future, where do you think he will end up? Personally I would like to see some of these guys like Lillard Jimmy Kawhi etc sent to the East and try to get some better parity going. This tweet mentions the Heat Lakers and Knicks but Iím sure more teams will jump in at the opportunity of getting him.

Lakers or Miami.

It's been reported for a while now, that Portland wants Whiteside (going on 2yrs now). Lakers are the most recent team to be rumored to Lillard.

No matter what, it will not be an even trade.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:34 PM
No idea why Lakers would want Lillard, honestly. 2019 has much better free agents and fit. No need to take on Lillard's salary unless you can package Deng on the deal.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:36 PM
No idea why Lakers would want Lillard, honestly. 2019 has much better free agents and fit. No need to take on Lillard's salary unless you can package Deng on the deal.

Maybe some better like Jimmy or maybe Kawhi depending on what happens there but other than that who is there? I havenít looked into it too much

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Why are people persisting in this idea that what handlers of these players want mean nothing? So they don't influence the decisions of the players? The Spurs will be glad to hear it.

That sounds like an amateur argument. Furthermore, the Blazers, as a small market team, would not take on a player whose Dad may pull a Kawhi's Uncle and force his way out of Portland. Especially since he's already a vocal and troublesome influence currently and everyone knows he wants his son in LA.

Why would Portland possibly take all those risks? To be able to say "you're going here and we don't care if you like it!" I will now repeat what you said to me: this isn't the 90's. It doesn't work that way anymore. The players have far more power than that.

I don't think you understand the grasp of things. Once again, your inability to understand basic concept puts everyone in a situation where we have to argue about baseless replies. If Portland wants Lonzo, there is nothing LaVar can do to prevent that. He can say whatever he wants but if Portland REALLY wants him, LaVar can't do anything. If you can't agree to that, there is no discussion to be had. Yes, Lavar can cry all he wants. And? He has no legal authority to prevent a deal from happening if Lakers wanted to trade him. Just like all the crying Kawhi's uncle has been doing, Spurs do NOT have to trade him.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Maybe some better like Jimmy or maybe Kawhi depending on what happens there but other than that who is there? I havenít looked into it too much

Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay, Butler, KD, Cousins, Kemba, Tobias, Love (if he opts out), DeAndre Jordan.

There's a lot of quality players on all levels that will be free agents.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay, Butler, KD, Cousins, Kemba, Tobias, Love (if he opts out), DeAndre Jordan.

There's a lot of quality players on all levels that will be free agents.

Yea but in terms of better you would have Kawhi and Butler. KD probably wonít happen, Kyrie is up for debate but he wonít join LeBron. I think Lillard would fit perfect with LeBron in LA.

valade16
I don't think you understand the grasp of things. Once again, your inability to understand basic concept puts everyone in a situation where we have to argue about baseless replies. If Portland wants Lonzo, there is nothing LaVar can do to prevent that. He can say whatever he wants but if Portland REALLY wants him, LaVar can't do anything. If you can't agree to that, there is no discussion to be had. Yes, Lavar can cry all he wants. And? He has no legal authority to prevent a deal from happening if Lakers wanted to trade him. Just like all the crying Kawhi's uncle has been doing, Spurs do NOT have to trade him.

I understand things perfectly. Your need to constantly argue and feel superior renders you incapable of understanding basic points.

This was literally my first point in the thread:

First, Portland would never want him

So I understand your hypothetical perfectly. If Portland wants him, there's nothing LaVar can do.

My entire point is Portland does not and would not want him, because in large part, of LaVar Ball.

Now that we all understand the basic points of this thread, if you want to come down off your high horse and actually contribute feel free.

HunterNRoss

The way I look at it is if you trade for a star you guarantee him. Lakers with Lebron and cap next offseason will likely land a star but still no guarantee. Though I prefer to keep our core intact I can see why the Lakers are working towards guaranteeing themselves that 2nd guy to go with Lebron.

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Yea but in terms of better you would have Kawhi and Butler. KD probably wonít happen, Kyrie is up for debate but he wonít join LeBron. I think Lillard would fit perfect with LeBron in LA.

Was going to be my other point I was going to make.

c.c.
07-06-2018, 02:50 PM

I would definitely trade Ball+Ingram for Lillard.

Heís already an established Star, those two guys are still being judged by potential.

Bron not getting any younger

Switch
07-06-2018, 02:51 PM

You're missing the point. Kawhi is a superstar. Ball is not and probably never will be.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:51 PM
I understand things perfectly. Your need to constantly argue and feel superior renders you incapable of understanding basic points.

This was literally my first point in the thread:

First, Portland would never want him

So I understand your hypothetical perfectly. If Portland wants him, there's nothing LaVar can do.

My entire point is Portland does not and would not want him, because in large part, of LaVar Ball.

Now that we all understand the basic points of this thread, if you want to come down off your high horse and actually contribute feel free.

Don't switch this on me. Your horrible take on them being in the same city as Nike headquarters was an amateur response by someone attempting a business argument. Sorry if I have to argue with you but just realize you are always doing the same so don't try and act like you're a peacemaker. Also, LaVar never said he wouldn't want his son to play in a small market. My entire point has been that if Portland wanted Lonzo, LaVar can't do anything about it so you saying "LaVar wouldn't like it because BBB would be competing with Nike" was what I was responding to. Even though BBB being in Portland doesn't have anything to do with Nike.

valade16
07-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Don't switch this on me. Your horrible take on them being in the same city as Nike headquarters was an amateur response by someone attempting a business argument. Sorry if I have to argue with you but just realize you are always doing the same so don't try and act like you're a peacemaker. Also, LaVar never said he wouldn't want his son to play in a small market. My entire point has been that if Portland wanted Lonzo, LaVar can't do anything about it so you saying "LaVar wouldn't like it because BBB would be competing with Nike" was what I was responding to. Even though BBB being in Portland doesn't have anything to do with Nike.

I stand by my take. LaVar is trying to grow a global brand, he is not going to do that in Nike's shadow. And despite what you arrogantly think, I grew up in Portland, if you are trying to compete with them, even online and globally, when your only real marketing is a player for the Blazers, you are going to be in Nike's shadow.

Either way, you're point is a hypothetical that isn't even true. So fairly irrelevant. I guarantee that LaVar does not want Lonzo going to Portland and I guarantee Portland does not want anything to do with LaVar Ball.

So at the end of the day, which of those do you disagree with?

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 02:55 PM

He would but evidence for Lillard has been underwhelming in the playoffs. Maybe playing with LeBron changes that but that last series vs New Orleans was a hit on Lillard's reputation as a player. I just think that in 2019, you have more flexibility to get what you truly need/want. If they can get rid of Deng, it would make sense but Lonzo+Ingram are worth testing out for another year alongside LeBron.

The way I look at it is if you trade for a star you guarantee him. Lakers with Lebron and cap next offseason will likely land a star but still no guarantee. Though I prefer to keep our core intact I can see why the Lakers are working towards guaranteeing themselves that 2nd guy to go with Lebron.

If they can package Deng's contract off as well, I would agree. If not, I think Lakers are giving up too much young talent. 2019 has a boatload of talent from all levels. It would, in my opinion, make more sense for them to have more flexibility going into that free agency.

valade16
07-06-2018, 02:57 PM
You're missing the point. Kawhi is a superstar. Ball is not and probably never will be.

If Portland trades Lillard for Lonzo they'd be banking on Ball becoming a superstar. So even if your point is valid (which I don't think it is, non-superstar players have influenced where they end up before), it's all the more reason that Portland wouldn't trade for Lonzo.

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:57 PM
He would but evidence for Lillard has been underwhelming in the playoffs. Maybe playing with LeBron changes that but that last series vs New Orleans was a hit on Lillard's reputation as a player. I just think that in 2019, you have more flexibility to get what you truly need/want. If they can get rid of Deng, it would make sense but Lonzo+Ingram are worth testing out for another year alongside LeBron.

If they can package Deng's contract off as well, I would agree. If not, I think Lakers are giving up too much young talent. 2019 has a boatload of talent from all levels. It would, in my opinion, make more sense for them to have more flexibility going into that free agency.

They were triple teaming Lillard though, heíd see much different coverages next to LeBron so I feel he would do better and be more efficient

HunterNRoss
07-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Lakers will need to find a way to part Deng to make this deal work. Like I said I think id rather roll with the young guys and see what happens but if we part Deng Ball + a smaller piece I would do it.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 03:04 PM
I stand by my take. LaVar is trying to grow a global brand, he is not going to do that in Nike's shadow. And despite what you arrogantly think, I grew up in Portland, if you are trying to compete with them, even online and globally, when your only real marketing is a player for the Blazers, you are going to be in Nike's shadow.

Either way, you're point is a hypothetical that isn't even true. So fairly irrelevant. I guarantee that LaVar does not want Lonzo going to Portland and I guarantee Portland does not want anything to do with LaVar Ball.

So at the end of the day, which of those do you disagree with?

1) Lol. Stop with the business argument. That's a laughable take. I don't care if you grew up in Portland. Honestly, what do you think you gain from saying that? Do you think my argument changes if you're from Seattle? If you're doing e-commerce, you can sell from anywhere. If you didn't know, BBB is registered under Chino Hills, Los Angeles. They don't have to operate in Portland. How successful BBB becomes is entirely up to how well Lonzo plays. With social media, it's not a priority they have to play in the large markets. Shadow under Nike...? Uhm, outside of Adidas, everyone is a shadow under Nike.

2) LaVar said his son will play for any team that would get his other two sons on the team. I don't know why you insist otherwise when I believe there is a video of him saying exactly such. I was simply responding to the fact that you think LaVar can prevent a trade because he doesn't think BBB can compete with Nike. Nothing LaVar can do there.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 03:06 PM
They were triple teaming Lillard though, heíd see much different coverages next to LeBron so I feel he would do better and be more efficient

He gets paid like a superstar. Gotta perform like one. Blazers were favorites to beat the Pelicans and got swept. Can't be making excuses like that.

valade16
07-06-2018, 03:20 PM
1) Lol. Stop with the business argument. That's a laughable take. I don't care if you grew up in Portland. Honestly, what do you think you gain from saying that? Do you think my argument changes if you're from Seattle? If you're doing e-commerce, you can sell from anywhere. If you didn't know, BBB is registered under Chino Hills, Los Angeles. They don't have to operate in Portland. How successful BBB becomes is entirely up to how well Lonzo plays. With social media, it's not a priority they have to play in the large markets. Shadow under Nike...? Uhm, outside of Adidas, everyone is a shadow under Nike.

2) LaVar said his son will play for any team that would get his other two sons on the team. I don't know why you insist otherwise when I believe there is a video of him saying exactly such. I was simply responding to the fact that you think LaVar can prevent a trade because he doesn't think BBB can compete with Nike. Nothing LaVar can do there.

1). Yes, registered in Chino Hills, as in fairly close to LA, as in where LaVar wanted his son to play. He knows the business prospects of BBB are vastly better with Lonzo in LA (or another big market) than in Portland. Especially since Nike is there. Heck, you can sell e-commerce from anywhere, but there's a reason direct competitors aren't setting up shop next to Amazon or Wal-Mart either. LaVar does not want his only marketable "star" playing in the small city known primarily for Nike. It's not a great brand association for his fledgling company (I'm assuming you know about brand association, though judging by your responses here, perhaps I shouldn't assume that).

2). OK, so his son will play for any team that would get his other two sons on the team... Is there anything to suggest Portland would do that? I never said LaVar can prevent a trade as in he can physically declare "No", but you are naÔve if you think there's nothing he can do to influence the likelihood of a trade. Doesn't mean Portland (or LA) will change what they're going to do, but there's a lot he could do to dissuade Portland. And in my opinion, Portland wouldn't want to trade for Lonzo given those circumstances.

I get what you were attempting to respond to, but since no one actually made that argument I'm just not sure why you chose to respond to that fictional point.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 03:34 PM
1). Yes, registered in Chino Hills, as in fairly close to LA, as in where LaVar wanted his son to play. He knows the business prospects of BBB are vastly better with Lonzo in LA (or another big market) than in Portland. Especially since Nike is there. Heck, you can sell e-commerce from anywhere, but there's a reason direct competitors aren't setting up shop next to Amazon or Wal-Mart either. LaVar does not want his only marketable "star" playing in the small city known primarily for Nike. It's not a great brand association for his fledgling company (I'm assuming you know about brand association, though judging by your responses here, perhaps I shouldn't assume that).

2). OK, so his son will play for any team that would get his other two sons on the team... Is there anything to suggest Portland would do that? I never said LaVar can prevent a trade as in he can physically declare "No", but you are naÔve if you think there's nothing he can do to influence the likelihood of a trade. Doesn't mean Portland (or LA) will change what they're going to do, but there's a lot he could do to dissuade Portland. And in my opinion, Portland wouldn't want to trade for Lonzo given those circumstances.

I get what you were attempting to respond to, but since no one actually made that argument I'm just not sure why you chose to respond to that fictional point.

1) Again, stop it Valade. I know you're not a business major (judging by the amateur responses) let alone have taken courses on marketing but your responses seem like you're trying really hard to stick by your initial stance because you are too stubborn to admit how silly you have been thus far. How many times do I have to tell you that a small city is not indicative of how marketable a player is? If Lonzo can't play, he isn't marketable, period. The reason people buy BBB stuff is because his dad is a great salesman and has been able to get a young cast of followers. They aren't buying the product because of Lonzo - BBB isn't about Lonzo. It's headquartered in Chino Hills because that's where their family is from - just like Nike is headquartered in Oregon because Phil Knight is from Oregon. I'm sure he wants his son to stay in LA but he also said that his son will play on any team that takes his other two sons. Why do you ignore that piece of information? Bringing up Walmart and Amazon is a joke, dude. It's not even relevant in this situation.

2) Let me dumb it down for you. You said, as one of your reasons, that LaVar would not want to go to Portland so this deal wouldn't work. I responded by saying, if Portland wanted Lonzo, LaVar can't do anything about it. You're going off saying Portland would never even consider it but I already know that. I'm just responding to your concern that LaVar wants his son in the big market and you acting like he can prevent trades because of that.

valade16
07-06-2018, 03:41 PM
1) Again, stop it Valade. I know you're not a business major (judging by the amateur responses) let alone have taken courses on marketing but your responses seem like you're trying really hard to stick by your initial stance because you are too stubborn to admit how silly you have been thus far. How many times do I have to tell you that a small city is not indicative of how marketable a player is? If Lonzo can't play, he isn't marketable, period. The reason people buy BBB stuff is because his dad is a great salesman and has been able to get a young cast of followers. They aren't buying the product because of Lonzo - BBB isn't about Lonzo. It's headquartered in Chino Hills because that's where their family is from - just like Nike is headquartered in Oregon because Phil Knight is from Oregon. I'm sure he wants his son to stay in LA but he also said that his son will play on any team that takes his other two sons. Why do you ignore that piece of information? Bringing up Walmart and Amazon is a joke, dude. It's not even relevant in this situation.

2) Let me dumb it down for you. You said, as one of your reasons, that LaVar would not want to go to Portland so this deal wouldn't work. I responded by saying, if Portland wanted Lonzo, LaVar can't do anything about it. You're going off saying Portland would never even consider it but I already know that. I'm just responding to your concern that LaVar wants his son in the big market and you acting like he can prevent trades because of that.

1). I'd say one because that's the first time you have brought it up and I never said anything remotely relevant to that or disagreeing with it. I have taken courses on marketing (which I'm judging is more than you have). So stop calling me an amateur unless you demonstrate some credentials yourself. You have no actual information other than your opinion, which frankly, I care very little about.

Again, what relevance does LaVar saying he wants Lonzo to play on whatever team signs his brothers if you have no evidence to suggest that Portland would be amenable to such a situation?

2). No need to dumb it down for me, anytime you post it's sufficiently dumb. I never acted like he can prevent trades as in he has veto power over trades. I said and maintain he can influence trade destinations (which he can) and that LaVar would not want Lonzo going to Portland.

What's the real kicker is you agree with me, Portland would never consider the trade.

So at the end of the day, you're arguing just to argue (which I already said you do). So by all means keep arguing, but since you agree with my point and the rest of your points are completely irrelevant, I'll be bowing out of the conversation now.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 03:49 PM
1). I'd say one because that's the first time you have brought it up and I never said anything remotely relevant to that or disagreeing with it. I have taken courses on marketing (which I'm judging is more than you have). So stop calling me an amateur unless you demonstrate some credentials yourself. You have no actual information other than your opinion, which frankly, I care very little about.

Again, what relevance does LaVar saying he wants Lonzo to play on whatever team signs his brothers if you have no evidence to suggest that Portland would be amenable to such a situation?

2). No need to dumb it down for me, anytime you post it's sufficiently dumb. I never acted like he can prevent trades as in he has veto power over trades. I said and maintain he can influence trade destinations (which he can) and that LaVar would not want Lonzo going to Portland.

What's the real kicker is you agree with me, Portland would never consider the trade.

So at the end of the day, you're arguing just to argue (which I already said you do). So by all means keep arguing, but since you agree with my point and the rest of your points are completely irrelevant, I'll be bowing out of the conversation now.

1) You're just as stubborn as I am.
2) Don't make a business analogy without doing your research.
3) I don't care if you're from Portland, Oregon.
4) You implied that LaVar could turn the deal off because he didn't want to compete with Nike despite LaVar himself stating that his son would play on any team that would get LaMelo/LiAngelo. So your argument that he wouldn't want his son in Portland because of Nike is already incorrect.

Bye, Valade.

valade16
07-06-2018, 03:56 PM
1) You're just as stubborn as I am.
2) Don't make a business analogy without doing your research.
3) I don't care if you're from Portland, Oregon.
4) You implied that LaVar could turn the deal off because he didn't want to compete with Nike despite LaVar himself stating that his son would play on any team that would get LaMelo/LiAngelo. So your argument that he wouldn't want his son in Portland because of Nike is already incorrect.

Bye, Valade.

2) So you have no credentials to speak of? Figured
4) I did not, I actually said: First, Portland would never want him

But as to 1), on that I'm guilty as charged.

Bye, Flashbolt. Till next time you decide you want to argue irrelevant points for the sake of arguing!

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:05 PM
2) So you have no credentials to speak of? Figured
4) I did not, I actually said: First, Portland would never want him

But as to 1), on that I'm guilty as charged.

Bye, Flashbolt. Till next time you decide you want to argue irrelevant points for the sake of arguing!

2) What credentials do you need on a basic subject? I went to a business school and took enough marketing and management courses to know that this isn't a problem in today's world. It was simply a foolish reply by you to think it would be a problem. Nike is headquartered in Oregon because their founder is from Oregon and it's for tax purposes as it's a separate entity. Nike is everywhere. They have a larger presence in NYC (in terms of marketability) and Los Angeles than Portland. You would be correct if they were large brick-and-mortar stores but those are decades past and BBB isn't even operating under the same business plan as Nike. BBB sells products for a specific group of people. The majority of Nike consumers are not buying $500 BBB sneakers.

4) So why bring up his dad not liking the competition vs Nike then? If Portland would never want him, you bringing it up was irrelevant. I am simply responding to #2) of your post.

It's only irrelevant because you brought up #2) and then further tried to have a debate on whether or not being in the same state as Nike would affect BBB. It didn't have to go there but you insisted. So you're also at fault.

valade16
07-06-2018, 04:09 PM
2) What credentials do you need on a basic subject? I went to a business school and took enough marketing and management courses to know that this isn't a problem in today's world. It was simply a foolish reply by you to think it would be a problem. Nike is headquartered in Oregon because their founder is from Oregon and it's for tax purposes as it's a separate entity. Nike is everywhere. They have a larger presence in NYC (in terms of marketability) and Los Angeles than Portland. You would be correct if they were large brick-and-mortar stores but those are decades past and BBB isn't even operating under the same business plan as Nike. BBB sells products for a specific group of people. The majority of Nike consumers are not buying $500 BBB sneakers.

4) So why bring up his dad not liking the competition vs Nike then? If Portland would never want him, you bringing it up was irrelevant. I am simply responding to #2) of your post.

It's only irrelevant because you brought up #2) and then further tried to have a debate on whether or not being in the same state as Nike would affect BBB. It didn't have to go there but you insisted. So you're also at fault.

Then you didn't get your money's worth. The majority of Nike's customers aren't buying $500 basketball sneakers because Nike has a boatload of customers in a lot of markets, one of which is expensive high end basketball shoes. So you're using the wrong side of the venn diagram there pal. A lot of people who do buy high end basketball shoes buy Nike basketball shoes. If your argument is now that BBB and Nike aren't even competitors, well, I'm going to trust my own business acumen over yours lol.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Then you didn't get your money's worth. The majority of Nike's customers aren't buying $500 basketball sneakers because Nike has a boatload of customers in a lot of markets, one of which is expensive high end basketball shoes. So you're using the wrong side of the venn diagram there pal. A lot of people who do buy high end basketball shoes buy Nike basketball shoes. If your argument is now that BBB and Nike aren't even competitors, well, I'm going to trust my own business acumen over yours lol.

You just exposed yourself as NOT knowing much but continue dragging this on. BBB is more Supreme than Nike. Why do you think they have pop-up shops? Because they are trying to make their product seem exclusive. Nike doesn't do that. Their biggest market are general releases. When you say, "Nike sells expensive high end basketball shoes", I knew you would fall into that trap. I used to collect sneakers for resale and because I enjoyed it. I didn't buy from Nike. If there were expensive high end basketball shoes being sold for the pricepoint of the BBB sneakers, Nike wasn't the one selling them. (at least, not the $500 shoes). Those were being resold by resellers. Like Adidas Yeezy's, those are not being sold by Adidas for $600-$1000 depending on the style. Adidas sells them for $200. Jordan's. Do you honestly think people are paying $800 to Nike for their releases? No. Nike and BBB aren't direct competitors. One caters to the mass market while the other is marketed towards a specific group of people. In this case, BBB is mainly for young teenagers who are buying the product because of the hype. Do you see any adults wearing BBB or talking about buying them? This is something you don't need a college degree or any credentials for. It's street smarts. I've done it for years and no education was ever required to see these business models and how they work.

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:24 PM
If you want Nike's direct competitors, look at a mass market retailer/manufacturer such as Adidas, Reebok, Under Armour, Puma, or Sketchers. Those are more relateable because they appeal to the same demographics and operate on a mass scale. BBB is a novelty brand. In Lavar's own words, he said it's not for everyone and excluded marketing towards females. Now, I am not saying Nike doesn't sell high end sneakers directly to consumers but those are limited releases usually designed to raise money for charity or to specific individuals. Even the most expensive LeBron sneakers are around $240 and that price is due to the fact that they have to pay LeBron his endorsement %.

valade16
07-06-2018, 04:29 PM
You just exposed yourself as NOT knowing much but continue dragging this on. BBB is more Supreme than Nike. Why do you think they have pop-up shops? Because they are trying to make their product seem exclusive. Nike doesn't do that. Their biggest market are general releases. When you say, "Nike sells expensive high end basketball shoes", I knew you would fall into that trap. I used to collect sneakers for resale and because I enjoyed it. I didn't buy from Nike. If there were expensive high end basketball shoes being sold for the pricepoint of the BBB sneakers, Nike wasn't the one selling them. (at least, not the $500 shoes). Those were being resold by resellers. Like Adidas Yeezy's, those are not being sold by Adidas for $600-$1000 depending on the style. Adidas sells them for $200. Jordan's. Do you honestly think people are paying $800 to Nike for their releases? No. Nike and BBB aren't direct competitors. One caters to the mass market while the other is marketed towards a specific group of people. In this case, BBB is mainly for young teenagers who are buying the product because of the hype. Do you see any adults wearing BBB or talking about buying them? This is something you don't need a college degree or any credentials for. It's street smarts. I've done it for years and no education was ever required to see these business models and how they work.

Once again you are looking at the wrong side of the Venn Diagram. Do you see any kids or teenagers wearing Nikes? Yes, a boatload of them. It's not that BBB isn't trying to appeal to everyone Nike is trying to appeal to, it's that Nike also appeals to who BBB is trying to appeal to.

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/10-of-the-most-stupidly-expensive-sneakers-ever/

https://www.therichest.com/luxury/most-expensive/10-of-the-most-expensive-and-exclusive-sneakers-ever-made/

While I certainly won't say Nike's primary business is high end releases, they have plenty.

valade16
07-06-2018, 04:31 PM
If you want Nike's direct competitors, look at a mass market retailer/manufacturer such as Adidas, Reebok, Under Armour, Puma, or Sketchers. Those are more relateable because they appeal to the same demographics and operate on a mass scale. BBB is a novelty brand. In Lavar's own words, he said it's not for everyone and excluded marketing towards females. Now, I am not saying Nike doesn't sell high end sneakers directly to consumers but those are limited releases usually designed to raise money for charity or to specific individuals. Even the most expensive LeBron sneakers are around $240 and that price is due to the fact that they have to pay LeBron his endorsement %.

I agree with all of this. BBB is trying to make themselves a more exclusive brand, but they are still competing for kids' money with Nike.

I think we agree on this more than we disagree in actuality.

Ty Fast
07-06-2018, 04:31 PM
He could definitely stay in Portland, the 1st team all nba definitely didnít hurt his trade value.

Or his next contract

FlashBolt
07-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Once again you are looking at the wrong side of the Venn Diagram. Do you see any kids or teenagers wearing Nikes? Yes, a boatload of them. It's not that BBB isn't trying to appeal to everyone Nike is trying to appeal to, it's that Nike also appeals to who BBB is trying to appeal to.

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/10-of-the-most-stupidly-expensive-sneakers-ever/

https://www.therichest.com/luxury/most-expensive/10-of-the-most-expensive-and-exclusive-sneakers-ever-made/

While I certainly won't say Nike's primary business is high end releases, they have plenty.

Nike appeals to the MASS market. That's their business model. Their high end releases are usually for charity purposes and/or given to specific individuals - not people like you and I. Price points dictate which business model you're going for. Just look at LV compared to H&M. Shoppers of H&M are young adults. LV also appeals to young adults. Are you sitting there telling me they are direct competitors? One is a luxury brand, the other is a fast fashion brand. Both can appeal to the same individuals but the price point ultimately dictates who they are selling to. In Nike and BBB's case, yes, Nike also sells to young teenagers and so does BBB. But the reason why BBB doesn't operate in a larger scale is because they can't. H&M does more sales than LV but the reason LV exists is because they cater to a specific target group. LaVar already said "if you can't afford BBB, you're not a baller" and "it's not for women." How is that in any way a direct competitor to Nike?

RCarlson85
07-06-2018, 04:52 PM
is BBB even still a thing?

The better question is was it ever a thing?

SiteWolf
07-06-2018, 06:41 PM
All this because people are extrapolating 5 words he said when asked about a trade to the Lakers, "I'm typically a happy camper." The media is taking that phrasing, that response and turning it into far Far FAR more than there is.

They're not cash strapped because of his or McCollum's contracts....it's guys like Evan Turner they need to rid themselves of.

Jamiecballer
07-06-2018, 06:51 PM
All this because people are extrapolating 5 words he said when asked about a trade to the Lakers, "I'm typically a happy camper." The media is taking that phrasing, that response and turning it into far Far FAR more than there is.

They're not cash strapped because of his or McCollum's contracts....it's guys like Evan Turner they need to rid themselves of.it's Ramona shelburns comment that has given this legs otherwise I would wholeheartedly agree

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

SiteWolf
07-06-2018, 09:02 PM
it's Ramona shelburns comment that has given this legs otherwise I would wholeheartedly agree

Ramona, ugliest guy to ever put on a dress, said, "I've been hearing that in the wind for months now" but then said, "No fan base hates the Lakers more than Portland so I don't see anything happening."

Jamiecballer
07-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Ramona, ugliest guy to ever put on a dress, said, "I've been hearing that in the wind for months now" but then said, "No fan base hates the Lakers more than Portland so I don't see anything happening."

the second part of your post doesn't have any real relevance to the first. all that is needed to support the concern that Lillard wants to go the Lakers is the first part of that statement.

SiteWolf
07-07-2018, 04:21 PM
the second part of your post doesn't have any real relevance to the first. all that is needed to support the concern that Lillard wants to go the Lakers is the first part of that statement.

not my statement, it's Shelburn's

Jamiecballer
07-07-2018, 06:04 PM
not my statement, it's Shelburn'sobviously. if it was yours why would anyone care?

SiteWolf
07-07-2018, 06:57 PM
obviously. if it was yours why would anyone care?

so why does anyone care when it's hers? why did her speculation give this any legs whatsoever?

smith&wesson
07-07-2018, 08:20 PM
Ball, Hart, Deng for Lillard matches salary wise. And then lakers would have to give up some picks but itís probably worth it for them to do..

Lillard Rondo
Pope Stephenson
James Ingram
Kuzma
McGee Zubak

Lebron would have to play some 4 to make it work but other wise thatís a pretty good line up. They would also need an upgrade the 5

HunterNRoss
07-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Ball, Hart, Deng for Lillard matches salary wise. And then lakers would have to give up some picks but itís probably worth it for them to do..

Lillard Rondo
Pope Stephenson
James Ingram
Kuzma
McGee Zubak

Lebron would have to play some 4 to make it work but other wise thatís a pretty good line up. They would also need an upgrade the 5

Lakers drafted Mo Wagner in round 1 to play the 4/5 and has some flashed some in summer league. Still could use like Brook Lopez back or another veteran to play the 5 though.

cmellofan15
07-09-2018, 12:51 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24045256/damian-lillard-reiterates-commitment-portland-trail-blazers

BREAKING NEWS

Baseless rumors confirmed to be baseless. Who would have thought?!?!?!?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Yeah Lillard was misquoted. He said he wasn't happy with Blazers letting his buddy Ed Davis walk in free agency. But he's still happy being a Blazer.

mrblisterdundee
07-09-2018, 10:39 PM

Maybe this is how we get Lonzo away from his dad. Get Uncle Phil to throw him a fat shoe deal, maybe with a Wyden+Kennedy commercial. I feel like Lonzo's chill enough to fit in Portland.

WaDe03
07-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Just because heís happy being a blazer doesnít mean he wouldnít be happy somewhere else either. The rumors didnít start because heís mad they didnít sign Ed Davis. The writing seems to be on the wall but I wouldnít be surprised to see them run it back obviously.

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2018, 12:41 PM
I feel like Lillard (or McCollum for that matter) would be a great fit with the Bucks. Giannis is still the clear alpha, but he gets an awesome 1B offensive option. Lillard is surrounded by a bunch of long defenders to compensate for his weaknesses.
I'd be willing to trade Lillard and Swannigan for Bledsoe, Henson, Brogdon, Maker and DiVincenzo.

WestCoastSportz
07-10-2018, 01:27 PM
A Lillard and McCollum backcourt hasn't worked yet and I don't think it will. The Blazers were dead last in assists as a team and its not hard to figure out why. Both are identical players. Both are 6'3 shooting guards that dominate the ball. They need to get rid of one of them and I'm sure they'd prefer it to be McCollum, who has expressed interest in playing the point guard spot and has said that he's working on his playmaking skills.

tp13baby
07-10-2018, 03:08 PM
A Lillard and McCollum backcourt hasn't worked yet and I don't think it will. The Blazers were dead last in assists as a team and its not hard to figure out why. Both are identical players. Both are 6'3 shooting guards that dominate the ball. They need to get rid of one of them and I'm sure they'd prefer it to be McCollum, who has expressed interest in playing the point guard spot and has said that he's working on his playmaking skills.

If you can get Lillard for Kuz and Ingram I would take that in a heart beat.

FlashBolt
07-10-2018, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't. Ingram can be better than Lillard, IMO. Just because of his size and length, today's NBA, a wing is the most impactful player because they are the ultimate beneficiaries of small ball. Capable of playing vs a tall lineup and also a small lineup. I would not be surprised if Ingram reaches top 15 in the NBA and a top five at his position. Lillard's playoff blunders makes me wonder if he truly has enough to be LeBron's sidekick vs the Warriors. And Kuzma gets paid $7 million for the next three seasons. I don't think you let that kind of value slip by. The best part of Kuzma is he's worth nothing. He's currently taking just 1.5% of the salary cap. Any team who wants Kuzma better offer premium for him - even if you're giving up the better player.

WaDe03
07-10-2018, 04:13 PM
I feel like Lillard (or McCollum for that matter) would be a great fit with the Bucks. Giannis is still the clear alpha, but he gets an awesome 1B offensive option. Lillard is surrounded by a bunch of long defenders to compensate for his weaknesses.
I'd be willing to trade Lillard and Swannigan for Bledsoe, Henson, Brogdon, Maker and DiVincenzo.

Wow Bucks would take that all day.

WaDe03
07-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Jimmy Butler was happy in Chicago and said he didnít want to be traded and then.....

valade16
07-11-2018, 09:11 AM

As would I if I'm Portland. But I can't see the Lakers trading Ingram in a deal for Lillard.

WestCoastSportz
07-13-2018, 12:53 PM
If Magic didn't want to give up Kuzma and Ingram for Kawhi Leonard, then I doubt he'd do it for Damien Lillard. How about Damien Lillard and Mo Harkless to the Suns for TJ Warren, Josh Jackson and the expiring contract of Tyson Chandler.

The only thing missing for the Suns is a point guard. They've just signed Devin Booker to a huge contract so he's their shooting guard for the foreseeable future. They also drafted a small forward 10th overall in Mikal Bridges. Someone like Lillard could be their missing piece. For the Blazers, they get a bunch of young talent back as well as some cap relief next Summer, where they'll be sitting right at the cap max. Shaving $13M off that number would help sign free agents. I think this would work out for both teams.

Phoenix Suns

PG Damien Lillard - Tyler Ulis (if they re-sign him)
SG Devin Booker - Troy Daniels
SF Mikal Bridges - Mo Harkless - Jared Dudley
PF Marquese Chriss - Dragan Bender
C DeAndre Ayton - Alan Williams

Portland Trailblazers

PG CJ McCollum - Seth Curry
SG Josh Jackson - Nick Stauskas
SF TJ Warren - Evan Turner
PF Al Farouq-Aminu - Caleb Swanigan - Jake Layman
C Jusuf Nurkic - Zach Collins - Georgios Papagiannis