PDA

View Full Version : Do Taytum or Brown make a leap with kyrie and Hayward back next year?

Chronz
07-05-2018, 08:08 PM
?

COOLbeans
07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
They have a helluva squad so I sure hope so

Jayb587
07-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Probably lol

JAZZNC
07-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Great players are gonna be great and Hayward is a total puss so he'll defer if one of the young guys stands out. He doesn't want to be the man so he will fit right in as a 3rd option. I do feel like Brown will be the furthest down the totem pole out of the 4.

TakeYourL
07-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Dunno why people still think that Gordon coming back for sure, his damn foot ripped off, most people don't come back from that the same. Celtics are way downplaying his injury.

And Kyrie in contract year, with his injury history and recent set of surgeries, who knows what he does.

Tatum and brown are the goods though, no worries there, wouldn't be surprised if Celtics try to trade Kyrie asap and move on from him now before another injury happens and than its too late, Same way they did Thomas.

Ainge don't love these hoes.

Chronz
07-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Tatum *

Anyways, I can't recall a situation like this, the kids have proven alot, someone has to take a back seat.

TrueFan420
07-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Great players are gonna be great and Hayward is a total puss so he'll defer if one of the young guys stands out. He doesn't want to be the man so he will fit right in as a 3rd option. I do feel like Brown will be the furthest down the totem pole out of the 4.
You don't sound bitter at all

corky831
07-05-2018, 09:11 PM
I think Brown and Tatum are young, and extremely hard workers. They're smart young men as well....I don't see how they won't progress each yr until they reach their prime at probably 24-25 yrs old

Scoots
07-05-2018, 09:47 PM
The young guys will get better, but their stats may not go up.

mrblisterdundee
07-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Either Hayward or Brown need to eventually be traded. I can't see either of them nor Tatum playing power forward, and the Celtics can't afford to keep all three.
One viable trade is Love for Hayward.
Between the broken leg and the ascension of Brown and Tatum, Hayward is way less valuable to the Celtics than when they traded for him. I'm sure Dan Gilbert will misguidedly try to field a competitive team, so do-it-all Hayward locked in on a long-term deal might appeal to him.
Love provides a stretch four volume scorer who's won a championship with Kyrie. He's only got two years on his deal, so the Celtics can let him walk when they need to pay the young'uns.

LOb0
07-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Luckily you can play all four guys at once in this age. I think Brown is better served as a complementary player. Tatum is gonna be great no matter what.

Kyrie actually is really great at just taking a low number of shots and getting people involved. He's really not the ball hog I thought he would be.

aman_13
07-06-2018, 01:04 AM
Tatum *

Anyways, I can't recall a situation like this, the kids have proven alot, someone has to take a back seat.

It's a good question and one I think about whenever the Celtics are brought up.

I imagine they marginalize each other to some extent. I always felt they should trade Brown.

Bostonjorge
07-06-2018, 02:07 AM
Brown keeps getting better on both ends. He’s playoff battle tested and he passed with excellent marks across the board. All NBA defense teams and All stars are in his immediate future.

Tatum is the truth. He’s a future MVP.

I think they can both fit perfectly with Irving and Hayward. Boston moves the ball a lot and guys like Smart and Horford always find the open man.

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 06:18 AM
They should both continue to progress. Even with Hayward coming back they'll still log 30+ minutes a game. I expect when the season is over Tatum and Brown will have the most minutes played on the roster. Kyrie and Hayward will likely have their minutes managed coming back from injury to make sure they're healthy for the playoffs.

I think Stevens will stagger their rotations so 2 of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward are on the court at all times, with all 4 playing together only to start and end games.

I think Tatums numbers will go up. Brown will likely remain the same or dip a little. With Hayward coming back I expect Brown to draw the toughest defensive matchup so he will be expending a lot of energy at that end of the floor. Defensively is where his impact will be felt the most - which will lead to most of his points coming in transition and at the 3 point line.

Jamiecballer
07-06-2018, 06:44 AM
nope

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 07:01 AM
Either Hayward or Brown need to eventually be traded. I can't see either of them nor Tatum playing power forward, and the Celtics can't afford to keep all three.
One viable trade is Love for Hayward.
Between the broken leg and the ascension of Brown and Tatum, Hayward is way less valuable to the Celtics than when they traded for him. I'm sure Dan Gilbert will misguidedly try to field a competitive team, so do-it-all Hayward locked in on a long-term deal might appeal to him.
Love provides a stretch four volume scorer who's won a championship with Kyrie. He's only got two years on his deal, so the Celtics can let him walk when they need to pay the young'uns.

They can easily afford to keep them all. Contracts will be staggered all a year apart - even after extensions.

Here's how they expire
Kyrie-Horford-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Kyrie

The Celtics have no problem paying the luxury tax for the 1 year they will all overlap.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2018, 07:43 AM
They probably won’t spend as much time as last year developing their weakness because they won’t have to. Boston is so loaded they won’t need to. For instance Brown probably won’t spend as much time as last year working on his handles in ISO situations because why would we run ISO’s for him with the guys we have? They’ll still work on it in practice and in situations where they’re playing with bench players but it won’t be as trial by fire.

The other end of that is all 5 of Boston all stars and stud youngsters will be amazingly efficient. They’ll all play to their strengths in Stevens’ system and be pretty unstoppable. Only GS is going to be able to handle them.

The way contracts lineup is perfect as well. Brown is up as Horford expires and Tatum is up as Hayward come off the books. Look for Boston to sign a max player in 2019 or 2020 to run with Kyrie and the two youngsters. If Kyrie leaves it’ll be two maxes in that span. Horford and Hayward will be on cheapndeals if they stay past their current ones otherwise they’ll walk.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2018, 07:53 AM
They can easily afford to keep them all. Contracts will be staggered all a year apart - even after extensions.

Here's how they expire

The Celtics have no problem paying the luxury tax for the 1 year they will all overlap.

Yup. We’re not even going to hit the repeater tax with this group. If we ever hit the repeater tax it’s going to be with younger guys we get to run through the youngsters primes.

People talk about Kyrie wanting to walk but I think there’s also a chance Danny prefers to let Kyrie walk rather than lock in 4/5 years that way he can chase young guys like AD and Giannis in free agency before Brown and Tatum blow up on extensions. I could see it being as much a Boston decision to split as Kyrie.

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Yup. We’re not even going to hit the repeater tax with this group. If we ever hit the repeater tax it’s going to be with younger guys we get to run through the youngsters primes.

People talk about Kyrie wanting to walk but I think there’s also a chance Danny prefers to let Kyrie walk rather than lock in 4/5 years that way he can chase young guys like AD and Giannis in free agency before Brown and Tatum blow up on extensions. I could see it being as much a Boston decision to split as Kyrie.

IDK, If Kyrie is fully healthy this year and plays to the level expected, they will absolutely want him back on a max. But if injuries do pop up again, I can absolutely see this situation playing out. They'll let him walk to NY and play with Butler.

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Tatum is poised to still take his game to the next level but its gonna be tricky with Irving in a contract year and Heyward coming back. If they can establish the pecking order who the big 3 is it should be fine but as a rival fan i hope they all clash!

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 09:18 AM
They probably won’t spend as much time as last year developing their weakness because they won’t have to. Boston is so loaded they won’t need to. For instance Brown probably won’t spend as much time as last year working on his handles in ISO situations because why would we run ISO’s for him with the guys we have? They’ll still work on it in practice and in situations where they’re playing with bench players but it won’t be as trial by fire.

The other end of that is all 5 of Boston all stars and stud youngsters will be amazingly efficient. They’ll all play to their strengths in Stevens’ system and be pretty unstoppable. Only GS is going to be able to handle them.

The way contracts lineup is perfect as well. Brown is up as Horford expires and Tatum is up as Hayward come off the books. Look for Boston to sign a max player in 2019 or 2020 to run with Kyrie and the two youngsters. If Kyrie leaves it’ll be two maxes in that span. Horford and Hayward will be on cheapndeals if they stay past their current ones otherwise they’ll walk.

sorry, in no way is this Boston team set to be 'unstoppable' thats laughable.

ZH721
07-06-2018, 09:31 AM
sorry, in no way is this Boston team set to be 'unstoppable' thats laughable.

They’re ahead of everyone in the East pretty easily at this point. They beat Philly in 5 without their two top players.

Philly’s young guys will get better, but so will Boston’s. The difference is Boston already proved they’re better, and they’re adding two all-stars. Who’s going to challenge them in the East?

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 09:34 AM
last year has no being on this season i dont care what happened. we addressed our biggest issue against Boston with improved perimeter defense and still have the best 2 way player on the floor. Sixers and Raptors will be right there battling it out with em for the top seed and f get KL that top spot will belong to us.

Scoots
07-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Here's how they expire

Unless some of them sign 1+1 contracts then they don't line up as nice

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Unless some of them sign 1+1 contracts then they don't line up as nice

I'm talking about how their current deals line up. 1+1 contracts after that wouldn't change anything really. Just gives us even more cap flexibility. I'm all for 1+1 contracts.

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 11:08 AM
last year has no being on this season i dont care what happened. we addressed our biggest issue against Boston with improved perimeter defense and still have the best 2 way player on the floor. Sixers and Raptors will be right there battling it out with em for the top seed and f get KL that top spot will belong to us.

Last year absolutely has bearing on this season. You lost in 5 games. Yeah you added some perimeter defenders, but nothing even close to the caliber of Kyrie and Hayward. So Boston started out ahead of you, and you did nothing to close that gap, it expanded with the players Boston has added. We lacked a true go 2 scoring option in the playoffs against you....We've now added 2.

You're best 2 way player had some struggles against Aron Baynes of all players.

Ben Simmons still can't shoot and would disappear for long stretches.

Our top 2 scorers from the playoffs will now be our #3 and #4 scorers.

You guys are well behind. Clearly #2 in the East but well behind BOS as things currently stand.

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 11:53 AM
oh please you played better without Irving and Heyward isnt likely to be the same player now. It was a competitive series despite being 5 games that saw us hand over 3 on a platter. you can think youre better, probably are to start the season but like is aid far from ****ing unstoppable, thats a joke.

Oakmont_4
07-06-2018, 12:49 PM
oh please you played better without Irving

Prove your claim, and don't give me W/L record because that's irrelevant

and Heyward isnt likely to be the same player now.

You don't know that

It was a competitive series despite being 5 games that saw us hand over 3 on a platter. you can think youre better, probably are to start the season but like is aid far from ****ing unstoppable, thats a joke.

Excuses, excuses. An L is an L. You lost in 5. We were better. Are still better. And getting better additions in the offseason.

Silent
07-06-2018, 01:41 PM
The C's Are loaded also

Williams
Tatum
Brown
Yas
Roz
Nem
Semi

All are bench pieces except Tatum, That's a damm good bench...

If Williams gets his **** together watch out lg

Kyrie Hayward Tatum Horford Bynes

TheDish87
07-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Williams wont be in this league long

Silent
07-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Williams wont be in this league long

I hope your wrong

PAOboston
07-07-2018, 05:03 AM
Not sure why people still think thinks an issue with playing time. Both Brown and Tatum will get around 30 mins per game. Iriving and Hayward really have no effect on that. Stevens is high in rotations and watching minutes during regular season so I don't see any of the C's top 5 playing more than 30 or so minutes a night.

I still think Brown has a higher ceiling than Tatum but Tatum is more likely to reach his ceiling than Brown. Brown has the elite athleticism that Tatum does not (Tatum is a good athlete just nor elite imo). To me, Brown looks like a Jimmy Butler clone. He's gonna be an elite 1v1 defender at some point. Question is how far his offensive game evolves. I also think there's a direct correlation with his FT shooting and aggressiveness going to hoop. If he becomes at least an average FT shooter, his scoring/efficiency should increase as well.

Tatum is gonna be a stud too. Looks like he's added some strength so far this off-season so hopefully that will help him with his finishing at the rim. He seemed to struggle with finishing through contact last year. He really had an amazing rookie year and If he makes the same type of jump Brown did in his second year, the rest of the East is screwed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

corky831
07-07-2018, 07:58 AM
I don't know why people think Hayward won't be the same. He had successful surgery and did not damage any ligaments. It was a similar injury that Paul George had, and he came back fine. The Celtics did not rush Hayward at all and he is already progressing well being back on the court. He was a top 20 player in the league with Utah. The shooting ability from 3 is going to be crazy for the Celtics with Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford. They may all shoot 38 percent or better from 3 next yr. I think Rozier will progress, and if we retain Smart and don't trade Morris, the bench will be tough. Ojeleye looked solid last night in the summer league game, hes another player that may turn into a Crowder type for the Cs. I'm not writing off other teams in the East, I think Toronto, Indiana, Philly, Washington, and MIL will all be in the mix, and any of them could come out on top.....but the Celtics on paper right now seem very stacked and poised to be the best in the East

TylerSL
07-07-2018, 09:14 AM
Tatum will definitely be better next year, and Brown probably will too. I'm not sure Smart will be back with the Celtics next year (if he is he may get traded eventually), and Boston will be able to run lineups of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford so they can all be on the court together. Simply put, I expect Boston in the Finals next year.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Tatum will definitely be better next year, and Brown probably will too. I'm not sure Smart will be back with the Celtics next year (if he is he may get traded eventually), and Boston will be able to run lineups of Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford so they can all be on the court together. Simply put, I expect Boston in the Finals next year.

Smart isn’t “make or break” by any means but I think he’s very important to bring back. That 5 man group you mentioned is going to be a force IMO. Kyrie I think showed MVP caliber potential and Hayward/Horford are legit all stars. I think Tatum is on the path to elite status and Brown to being an all star himself (albeit much lower in the totem pole). So the 5 of them together will be amazing. However, there are some defensive holes. Horford and Brown are great defenders but do have certain matchups they struggle with. Hayward and Tatum are just good, not great. And Kyrie obviously needs to be hidden. So it behooves Boston to be able to rotate in ELITE and versatile defenders like Smart to compliment those guys. I look for us to leave a couple of those offensive stars on the floor with gritty defenders rotating in rather than a true second unit.

I have big hopes for Semi Ojeleye this year. He’s already a beast defensively and if he can give us a passable offensive game he’s going to be an outstanding role player on a minimum deal for 3 more years.